[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: libre-office4.png (159 KB, 640x360)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>Almost 2019
>Still not fully compatible with MS office files
Are they even trying? Even WPS chinkshit does a better job.
>>
>>68025868
I deleted it on my linux and installed WPS instead
>>
Zero reason to save or write documents in Word. If you're typing something, use LaTeX. If you're sharing it, PDF.
>>
>>68025868
MS office files are proprietary formats though. You look like a dummy and a hypocrite when you whine about wanting open source applications and freedom respecting software, yet cry out to the world "WAAAAAAAA.... WHY CAN'T I USE PROPRIETARY WINDOWS FILES ON MY GNU/LINUX SYSTEM?! IT'S EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT MINE!!!!!!!"
>>
>can't open a propriety and purposely obfuscated format
>it's the non-vendor's fault
>>
>>68025868
>chinkshit
What's the fucking point of this racism?
WPS is pretty good because of multiplatform
>>
>>68025868
They are actually doing a pretty good job keeping at lest partial compatibility with proprietary formats.
Now, Microsoft being unable to properly implement open formats, now _that_ is pathetic.
>>
>>68025868
>using MS office files
>>
>>68025935
that's what I just said you gutfuck
>>
>>68025908
GNU/Linux faggots are huge hypocrites. They're the same retards that bitch about open-source, but install proprietary drivers, WINE to run Windows programs, or run Windows in a VM.
>>
>>68025948
I like some proprietary drivers and other software but what I dont like is being used by my OS thats why I ditched Windows its has become more like a service than an end product
>>
>>68025990
>being used by my OS
The fuck are you even talking about? Do you have a phone? If so, it's using you. Have a credit card? If so, it's using you as well. Linux retards are hypocrites.
>>
>>68025868
It's better than nothing I guess. Luckily you can get Office for almost nothing if you are a student or employee where it really matters anyway.
>>
>>68026011
>muh have phone
should be used by everyone then....

look I use my phone for simple stuff all valuable stuff I do and keep on my PC

also I prefer cash
>>
it's really MS fault for using a non ISO compliant protocol, the fact it gets used in industry is beyond me.
>>
Implement it then faglord
>>
>>68025868
Blame Microsoft for doing all it can to sabotage compatibility to force you to pay a monthly subscription for their software.
>>
>>68026038
Phone is using you to collect your data and sell it for profit. Also a great tracking device. Windows doesn't anything worse than your phone or credit card does. If you use Linux and still use Google for shit, you're an even bigger hypocrite.
>>
>>68025908
>MS office files are proprietary formats though
Wrong they are OpenXML.
>You look like a dummy and a hypocrite when you whine about wanting open source applications and freedom respecting software,
You look like a dummy when you talk about shit you don’t understand.
>yet cry out to the world "WAAAAAAAA.... WHY CAN'T I USE PROPRIETARY WINDOWS FILES ON MY GNU/LINUX SYSTEM?! IT'S EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT MINE!!!!!!!"
projection.

Gnutoddlers are so retarded.
>>
>>68026071
Why are you still arguing conclusions based on a false premise? Not that guy, but I'm also running a custom FOSS rom on my phone and I always pay with cash except when not possible. Not to mention that I don't use any Google service. This applies to many other Linux users.
Stop literally arguing with a strawman.
>>
>>68026011
>what is lineage without gapps
>>
File: 47566.jpg (15 KB, 250x250)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>68026110
>Wrong they are OpenXML.
educate yourself you subhuman trash.
>>
>>68026110
I am a certified Canonical Ubuntu technician. I know what I'm talking about
>>
>>68026110
You do realize Microsoft doesn't comform to their own standard which is causing ops problem in the first place?
>>
>>68025886
Is it thrustworthy though? Thrusting a Chinese firm, no matter how nice or well-intentioned they seem should be foolish.
>>
>>68026178
Its adware
>>
>>68025935
Tell that to the workplace boomertards that use Office file formats for literally everything.
>need to send out a short memo to some people, better save it in a .docx and email it as an attachment lol
>>
>>68026198
Even the academia is fucking filled with them too despite LaTeX existing. I've had reviewers in journals that accepted LaTeX submissions ask me to send docx files instead.
>>
>>68025916
This.
Just use ODT.
>>
in what 3rd world country do offices and companies still ask for .doc(add shit here) files?
>>
>>68025868
>expecting open source shit to work out of the box in a way that any human would expect
>"jsut program it urself bro :)"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.