[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




Why would anyone ever use anything other than KDE? It's literally OSX levels of polish.

What do you use and why /g/?
>>
File: kde.png (269 KB, 481x233)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>
>>68405153
xfce because it uses 100mb of ram
>>
>>68405153

I do. Fuck Red Hat.
>>
>>68405337

Oh are you posting from 1998?
>>
I recently switched to it on one of my computers. I used to hate everything about KDE, but I have to admit it's a lot better now.
>>
>>68405153
botnet
>>
>>68405251
Nice 2014 meme
>>
>>68405153
why would you use deprecated software?
>>
>>68405153
Openbox. I really liked the look of my friends BunsenLabs and the default short cuts. But Bunsenlabs is really old and bad. So I threw on Openbox onto Debian testing with the Bunsen config files. Comfy
>>
i3wm
>>
File: ibm_hi1.jpg (33 KB, 775x438)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>68405417
>deprecating things you never supported in the first place in a desperate attempt to discourage people from using it
reminder that IBM/RH has a very long history of working with Nazi's and it's founder was a close friend of Hitler.
>>
>>68405153
>OSX levels of polish
Stop lying pls
>>
>>68405718
im installing fedora now
>>
>>68405718
Only makes them better. ReichPad when?
>>
File: 1521759250795.webm (2.45 MB, 990x720)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB WEBM
>>68405153
>OSX levels of polish
>>
>>68405729

It is legit beautiful and super configurable. It can easily look better than OSX.
>>
>>68405743
why does the mouse have a motion blur
>>
>>68405781
KDE and KDE software were never polished. It's wishy washy all around. They add useless features (because why not, rite?) and then just drop support for them.
I don't like Gnome at all, but at least devs are actually concerned about whether they can develop something further and remove features if they can't.
>>
>>68405153

>Gaussian console transparency

Sexy

I use xfce. It works, but even with a lot of ricing it still can’t completely remove that ugly taste xfce leaves in your mouth. Would switch but baby duck syndrome and it’s so heavily riced I know if I tried to switch pacman would sepukku my entire install.

My next clean install will be either KDE or Cinnamon. Probably KDE.
>>
>>68406016

Literally everything superfluous can be removed from KDE and you can set it up as you want. It’s constantly evolving. Basically you’re a brainlet.
>>
>>68405153
dumb shill is dumb
>>
>>68405153
KDE is being discontinued by IBM Red Hat xD
>>
>>68405153

Fagjaro fucked my wifi randomly last time I upgraded my packages, and also made it so I can’t full screen windows. Have no idea what it’s done to Kwin but I’m sick of this fucking meme OS.

Would you recommend Debian? I just want a stable system.
>>
>>68406144

Oh well, it’s not like it will impact KDE in any way. Who used RHLS or Fedora?
>>
>>68406150

>base meme distro on a meme district known for being unstable
>surprised it’s shit

And yes, Debian is, imo, the best form of Linux.
>>
>>68406150
>I just want a stable system.

Look up MX-17 Linux

(debian + xfce + user friendly customizations)
>>
>>68406150
stable and outdatted, yes
just use ubuntu or fedora you archfag
>>
>>68405153
Because dwm
>>
>>68405153
Unoptimized for hardware
>>
>>68406071
>like, you can delete everything you don't need

>pretends that KDE follows Unix philosophy or at least ship everything in extensions
>implying there is no fuckton of bloat built in every app
>implying there is no gorillion of dependencies just for typing tutor alone
>>
>>68405358
sadly not
>>
>>68405153
Why should I use a desktop environment at all? I've been using arch w/i3 ever since I switched from windows and have seen no real reason to use a proper DE.
>>
>>68405153
Standalone window managers exist, you know that right?
>>
>>68406296

>outdated

Literally no functional difference between Debian stable and any other distro.

Except Debian is superior, of course.
>>
>>68406519

>uses arch
>uses i3

H A C K E R M A N
>>
>>68406150

Why is it Manjaro users are either rabid zealots claiming it’s the best thing ever or someone who hates it? There’s no middle ground.

They’re worse than archfags
>>
>>68406898
except old ass software in your repository and no usable drivers
>>
>>68406941

Why yes I do enjoy a stable system that just wurks.

Enjoy your random breakages archfag.
>>
>Using a DE without a proper high dpi support in 2018
>Using a DE that cant manage multiple displays with different dpis in 2018
This is why Gnome is the default desktop of linux distros and kde is a joke.
>>
>>68407009

Works on my machine gnomefag. Enjoy your tablet OS UI
>>
>>68407009
>Gnome
>proper high dpi support
lmao
>>
>>68405415
nice 2018 FUD
>>
>>68407345
Don't use acronyms you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>68405153
Only fags care about polish.
My terminal has been polished since day one. I have not wasted my time paining shit purple and putting sweet cream on it just so that I can swallow it. Deep down you know you want OSX because of 'muh design'. What translates to I want design out of the box. Bcs I am not creative.

Stop shilling some DE and your shit ass GNU/Linux and start working in the terminal. Oh btw the average winfag can show more that just hardware specs.

Kys!
>>
>>68405153
*Crashes*
>>
>>68406984
i sure do enjoy my stable system with actual updates on my comfy xubuntu 18.04 thank you very much
>>
I will use KDE when it will stop tearing or lowering performance on novidya cards. So probably never, because someone in linux world would have to understand and accept what nvidia means by anything vsync related.
>>
>>68407009

>unironically shilling gnome

Kys
>>
>>68407510
>shilling free software
I'm just stating facts. Its you whos so insecure about your DE of choice that you cant even take criticism.
>>
>>68407474

>Debian for babies, now with extra telemetry

Lucky you
>>
>>68407523

>gnome user attempting condescension

Jej
>>
>>68407527
implying people are too dumb to remove preinstaled packages
>>
>>68407571

I’m pretty sure most *buntu users are too dumb for that, yes.
>>
>>68405153

It’s oretty
>>
>>68405743
I just tried this and it doesnt work
>>
>>68405153

That console set up with the blur makes me hard.
>>
>>68405153
>KDE
You misspelled TDE
>>
>>68406144
Red hat had fucking kde4 packaged in rhel
>>
>>68407571
> implying people are too dumb to remove preinstaled packages
You see, removing packages which are preinstalled causes the removal of a metapackage which was installed along with the system. So, basically, it means if I install Ubuntu and remove LibreOffice (which is a part of the gnome-full-experience-i-dont-remember-its-name package), I'll end up with a bare console after reboot.
>>
>>68405153
I use i3 because I'm not a negro who wastes screen space.
>>
>>68409288

>I use i3 because I’m autistic

Fixed
>>
>>68405153
I tried it and I didn't like it. Coming from xfce and i3, it was really slow, ugly, the menus were repetitive and messy, and I just couldn't get used to it. You could get xfce to look just like kde with something like compiz and it'd still be a lot faster and less annoying
>>
>>68410181

I have never seen an xfce install that didn’t look like shit
>>
>>68405153
FOSS desktops will never attain or exceed the polish macOS for the simple reason that that every single one of them tries to appease too many different types of users. None of them are a slam dunk for any particular type of user, at best they're just "ok".

What makes macOS good is its strong opinionation. It's not everybody's cup of tea, and that's fine, because it's exceedingly good for those who do. KDE, GNOME, etc need something like this as well – they need to find niches and stick to them, outright rejecting features and design decisions that don't fit. THAT is how one gets consistency and polish. Who gives a fuck if basementlord #84373 is alienated by X feature being removed – he has a cornucopia of other DEs he can turn to, or he can do what a true basementlord does and just use the most obscure tiling WM he can find.

Funny enough, the DE that comes closest to doing this, at least that I've seen, is XFCE. As a whole, it's quite consistent and seems to have some semblance of an overarching design. Unfortunately it doesn't get the attention or the resources that GNOME and KDE do and thus has its growth stymied.
>>
>>68405153
>OSX levels of polish kurwa
>>
>>68406937
Easy answer. Their are people that are new to it, so they try it; and after awhile, it breaks, and they blame their system instead of reading the Arch repository and learning about Arch to prevent themselves from learning about their systems. They don't even bother learning C and Assembly, they just wait for pacman to break during an upgrade and don't bother learning how to fix this in case it happens. Fucking newbs.
>>
>>68405718
wow I want a thinkpad now
>>
>>68408989
Because it has been fixed you silly goober
>>
>>68405153
Not even if you'd pay me.
It crashes constantly. There is no professional work possible with KDE.

I prefer Budgie
>>
>>68406046
>even with a lot of ricing it still can’t completely remove that ugly taste xfce leaves in your mouth
Fucking this.
>>
>>68405153
KDE3 was the last good KDE. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>68409288
Actually I saw a black guy using arch + i3 with what looked like no X installed on a ThinkPad. Just terminaling his way through.
>>
>>68405153
> It's literally OSX levels of polish.
No
>>
>>68410669

It literally never crashes

T. Fedora KDE, Debian KDE and Kubuntu user
>>
>>68411545
I've rare crashes with it on KDE neon, and had them on Kubuntu. I still use neon, KDE is amazing. The only thing I'm really missing is mpv with Vulkan, and it seems like a pain compiling it with shaderc support.
>>
>>68405398
it's open source
>>
>>68405678
>Debian testing
I'm warning you now, copy your configs and switch to something else as soon as you possibly can.
>>
>>68412079
What are you talking about? Debian testing is perfect.
>>
>>68412262
It won't be that way for long. Believe me I used to be in your exact position. Debian testing is even easier to break than Arch.
>>
File: 1541697348.png (65 KB, 907x578)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>68405153
Is this the neo fetch tred?
>>
>>68405153
I use gnome on funtoo. no problem in using it if it's in the official repositories
>>
>>68412271
I'm using it for 5 years, it's fine.
>>
>>68405387
When was bad? oh since you don't know how to use a computer
>>
>>68412578
not him but back when plasma 5 came out it was a fucking buggy mess. it's obvious you wern't even using it when it first came out
>>
Use awesome wm you npc
>>
>>68406984
H264 is broken on Debian faggot
>>
File: 11329157.jpg (104 KB, 469x469)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>68412608
me? since Kde 3 honey, from openSUSE 10 series. In that time you have to learn how to use a computer first that's what I'm saying.
>>
>>68412717
there is a difference between "knowing how to use a computer" and just using blatant buggy software. there is no fucking way you can tell me that early kde4 and 5 were good without being a shill because they were godawful. relentless shills like you are the reason why people avoid it
>>
I'm doing fluxbox at the moment unity was good up until 18 when they removed all the next gen shit that made top tier.

So that left fluxbox has the only reason.

Seriously though the lack of crust really is noticeable going to anything else feels like typing in mud
>>
KDE and Gnome are cancer of the Linux world.
>>
>>68405911
i don't know how or why but i want to enable it on my machine
>>
>>68407474
>>68407527
Are ubuntu variatns like xubuntu safe?
>>
>>68413292
yes, xubuntu is GOAT and safe
>>
>>68405911
Very low monitor refresh rate or made by the screen recording software
>>
>>68405153
GNOME is way better
>>
>>68412953
>both make linux usable for everyone else except for turbo autists
>cancer to linux
you're probably right
>>
>>68405153
I like it.
>>
KDE does look nice out of the box, but was very buggy for me. I know it's a meme to say this but it was indeed bloated. I'll use an example. Linux hates the nvidia graphics card I have, after installation I am typically racing to install the proprietary drivers before my screen freezes. On KDE this screen freeze would happen often after like 10 seconds, or even during the splash screen. On XFCE I could last like 30+ minutes before it would freeze. XFCE might not look great out of the box but you can customize it to look just as good.
>>
>>68413952
That's an Nvidia issue, not really a KDE one. Not their fault that Nvidia are shitheads who won't release proper Linux support for their cards. I finally got fed up with it and swapped to AMD.
>>
>>68405153
KDE is bloated and heavy compared to my setup thats why.
I use openbox + tint2
>runs well on any hardware
>my configuration is just how I like it
>literally 3 config files: rc.xml, conky, autostart
>>
>>68413975
You're sort of right but doesn't the fact that it freezes more quickly imply it is using more resources or something of that nature?
>>
>>68414011
Also after I got KDE to stop freezing I did encounter more bugs on average than on XFCE.
>>
>>68414018
In my experience it's gotten a LOT more stable than it used to be. There's still a few bugs every once in a while, like kscreen won't save layout between sessions. Most of them have easyish fixes though. For example, i just use xrandr in .xsessionrc for monitor layout.
>>
File: 18vd8ax70k2ztjpg.jpg (59 KB, 800x452)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>68405153
>OSX
>not sucking BBC
pick one
ps. gnome its better
>>
>>68412286
wtf is flatpak?
>>
id like to try kde but it's a waste of time if i can't use a tiling WM with it: i'm too used to them to switch back to stacking wms at this point
>>
>>68406470
this I wish it was 1998
>>
File: 813m3NwmpWL._SX425_.jpg (28 KB, 425x425)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>68416703
This was my favorite yoyo, absolutely impeccable performance
>>
>>68407009
A
>>
FUCKING
>>
FOOT
>>
>>68410292
Pantheon is probably literally the only DE with an actual design vision. I wish Elementary wasn't always based on the previous Ubuntu LTS release tough. The outdated of the outdated.
>>
>>68411505
Dumbass. You can't use i3 without X.
>>
>>68405718
Wtf I love fedora now
>>
Because I use xfce with xmonad as wm, the thinking man's combination
>>
>>68406150
>Been running Memejaro for over a year
>It literally just works
I even have random shit installed from the AUR, you probably are too stupid for computers.
>>
>>68413952
Just switch to a text tty next time.
>>
>>68413952
Does that also happen on GNOME?

>>68413975
Well, since it's happening before the proprietary drivers are installed, it sounds more like a Nouveau issue; although Nouveau's issues are the fault of Nvidia refusing to provide good documentation, so...
>>
I do use a KDE, it's the best DE for sure.
>>
>>68405153
why dont DE's copy windows explorer? it fucking irks me that they are just copying osx

windows explorer is still the god tier in productivity
>>
>>68405153

KDE looks really when when properly riced
>>
>>68405153
I use a combination of KDE and i3. Max comfy.
>>
>>68413952

You can’t customise xfce to look as good as KDE. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig.
>>
>>68417865
Most of the bells and whistles of explorer are lost on 98% of average computer users, and most technically inclined *nix users are just gonna bypass whatever botched implementation graphical file managers use and just drop down to the command line. In short, there's not much demand for a linux explorer clone.

It's the same on OS X, btw. There's two or three native Finder alternatives which add some nice functionality, but there are no straight explorer clones.
>>
>>68417865
>windows explorer is still the god tier in productivity

In what universe do you live?
Or have you just never used the OSX Finder in Miller Columns mode?

Seriously, Miller Columns is the best way to visualize a filesystem, everything else is a mistake.

Even Pantheon's crappy Miller Columns attempt is still an improvement over the shitshow that is file management on Windows.
>>
>>68415577

>tiling WM

Autistic opinion discarded
>>
>>68412822
This. KDE turned people away because of its glitchy, lagg infested releases. It's come a long way.

That being said, I still like Xfce as a daily driver.
>>
>>68417930
I find the layout and control arrangement in most KDE stuff terrible. Those guys have no sense of flow whatsoever, they just dump a bunch of buttons into a loose grid and call it a day.

XFCE definitely lacks the advanced appearance features but its apps and control panels are better designed.
>>
>>68417937
>Miller Columns is the best way to visualize a filesystem
In what universe do you live?
all that wasted space when you could have a tree view
>>
>>68417947

It’s just baby duck syndrome and you can easily customise KDE to have the same keyboard shortcuts for window control etc.
>>
Im using whatever elementaryOS uses.
>>
>>68405415
it still krashes as often in 2018 though.
>>
File: 1541637472602.png (175 KB, 348x355)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>68417911
Based and red pilled
>>
>>68417958
Tree views have way too much clutter unless you have very shallow hierarchy. It's good for simple project management in something like an IDE, but not as an actual file manager view. If you need to look at multiple folders, you should have addition windows or tabs.
>>
>>68418046

It really doesn’t
>>
File: 1526753422860.png (576 KB, 1600x1000)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
People don't use KDE because the default theme is ugly. That's the only thing holding it back. Replace the titlebar and menubar with a headerbar like in Gnome. Make everything rounder, such as the system tray popups like in Pantheon. Here is a mock-up someone posted in KDE's IRC. KDE is an amazing desktop environment but people won't use it until it has a design overhaul.
>>
>>68418229
>KDE is great, but people won't use it unless it looks like a shitty mobile app and uses half your screen for artistic whitespace.
Please tell me you're joking
>>
>>68418253
100% serious senpai.
>>
>>68418229

KDE is the second most popular DE (behind fucking Gnome, which is only popular because RedHat make it, and distros use it as default).

People use it.
>>
>>68405743
>muh two years old patched bug
I will bring shellshock everytime when I can.
>>
>>68405153
Windows Vista
>>68406470
This
>>
File: snapshot1.png (114 KB, 1024x600)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>
>>68418436
Why don't SUSE, Canonical, or Debian adopt KDE as the default desktop environment if it's so good? The answer is form over function.
>>
Fuck man. I tired linux. But as a gamer. Its garbage. Ill just keep stealing windows.
>>
>Why would anyone ever use anything other than KDE?
literally never seen a screenshot that made me want to try it
>What do you use
fvwm
>why
stockholm syndrome
>>
>>68405153
>It's literally OSX levels of polish.

Because you can use OSX
>>
>>68405153
For Gnome you need to learn to love the search, i'm finding the approach of super + type in name of application is actually a great way to use the system.

It needs refinements, it needs polish, some of the things that are currently extensions need to be baked into the core of Gnome, but for me it really works, i've always found KDE's kitchen sink approach a bit much.
>>
>>68405153
>OSX levels of polish
I wish. I have Dolphin crash on me about 10 fucking times a day.
>>
>>68412032
open source botnet then
>>
>>68418889

You still on KDE 4?
>>
>>68418229
>People don't use KDE because the default theme is ugly
You're so out of touch it's not even funny.
>>
>>68405153

>console blur
>deskbar blur

Can I do this with xfce? I really like it.
>>
>>68406908
Are i3 chips safe

I have an i3 on my laptop. Would it be better to use arch rhen ubuntu?
>>
>>68419904
Heh. Actually made me giggle
>>
>>68405153
>what do you use
arch linux, best linux distribution, hands down.
>>
>>68405153
Because it's a bloated piece of shit.
/thread
>>
>>68415549
Some new way to build/distribute packages
>>
>>68405153
hey you are a hacker because you have a terminal window open!
>>
>>68420425

Don’t piss me off kid your ip is 127.0.0.1 ask me how I no
>>
File: s.jpg (9 KB, 240x270)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>68418229
that looks hideous.
>>
>>68405398
How
>>
>>68405417
RHEL is one distro
>>
>>68420520

RHEL, Fedora, and the whole of Red Hat glows in the fucking dark.
>>
>>68420441
how u kno?
>>
>>68417865
>windows explorer is still the god tier in productivity
It doesn't even have multitab support
>>
I like KDE because it just werks.
>>
>>68405417
KDE 4 is deprecated alright. From the looks of it, OP uses the 5 version, so it's not deprecated even by Red Hat.
>>
>>68418229
> the default theme is ugly
> similar to 8.1 without the tile part, just a bit darker
Actually, it's perfect.
>>
>>68405153
i use foot
t. red hatter
>>
>>68422113

>actually using gnome

Nani?
>>
File: heh.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>68421383
>>68422120
...gnomelets
>>
>>68405153
>It's literally OSX
all i needed to read
>>
>>68405153
>KDE
>ANY polish AT ALL
Hahaha.
The most bizarre thing is that they actually believe in this.
>>
>>68422189
Now please tell me what thing has the most polish and I'll shit on it as hard as I can because I disagree with you.
>>
>>68417911
I use Windows on i3. Checkmate.
>>
>>68422199
orange man bad
>>
>>68422189

Plasma 5 is beautiful and just werks.

That’s polish.
>>
>>68422227
> orange man bad
Is he polish?
>>
>>68422199
>STOP IT I WANT TO SHIT ON SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD
Typical kde cultist.
>>
KDE is great! Dolphin is by far the best file explorer. the vault feature is convenient and KDE connect is very useful

People complaining about KDE need to upgrade their shitbox
>>
>>68422285
>need to upgrade their shitbox
There's always the option of using KDE applications without Plasma. Works great on LXQt.
>>
>>68422302

KDE just looks nicer, though
>>
>>68406150
coz its a shit distro, its like that for every shit distro
>>
>>68422317

woops meant >>68406937
>>
>>68406898
maybe im just a brainlet but i constantly run into dependency errors when compiling software from source on debian because its packages are so fucking old. debian stable is a fucking meme unless its for a server
>>
>>68418229
lmao, default looks better than this, lmao
>>
>>68405153
Only usable linux (GNU/linux for retards) has to look and work like a bastard child of Windows and OSX. linux cucks will defend this.
>>
>>68422338
> dependency errors
> when compiling software from source
Just HOW.
I mean, you need to install dev-packages, but these aren't "dependency errors", they are headers; they are different from the software.
>>
>>68422415
There's no need to defend it. KDE is the only Linux DE you can use without needing to delve into the command line every day.
Using the Windows interface is smart, because the Windows interface is simply the best there is.
>>
>>68422325

You’re just a brainlet
>>
>>68422449
Yes, you are a reasonable human being and and not a cucked fanboy. Now if you start using Windows you will see how much it has improved. I guarantee you will stick to it.
>>
>>68422449
> 2015
Damn, it looked bad back then, like a riced XP.
>>
>>68417452
This. Best yoyo period
>>
>>68422449
lol
>>
>>68422338

What the fuck are you even talking about? Run me through the process of how you compile something from source, I want to know how you’re fucking it up.
>>
>>68410181
>I tried it and I didn't like it.

This. KDE is garbage.
>>
File: Screenshot_.png (625 KB, 1366x768)
625 KB
625 KB PNG
>>
>>68422518
I would get wet if I could.
>>
>>68422484
download source
install dependencies and dev packages
follow build instructions provided with source
get error that library not found because its looking for a version higher than is in the repo

this never fails on debian testing or other newer distros, only debian stable
>>
>>68422518

What window theme is that? I like the transparent titlebars
>>
>>68422518
>translucent titlebar
>opaque menu bar
>translucent terminal
terrible
>>
>>68405153
KDE does not setup ssh agent by default. Gnome does setup it automatically.
Can't find option to set one wallpaper for all screens.
Stock theme colors are awful.
MTP Android file transfer breaks during data copy.
Wayland support is way better in Gnome, my machine freezes when using that legacy Xblolat display system no matter which DE i'm using
>>
>>68422537
> follow build instructions provided with source
try ./configure, then make. Done.
>>
>>68422578

>sudo start ssh

Wow so hard. One second of typing means you don’t have to use fucking gnome. Completely worth it.
>>
File: Screenshot_.png (1.12 MB, 1366x768)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>68422565
>>
>>68422594
I did have errors after making a new version of xz on CentOS 5, it wanted a newer libc, in that case there's no way around it, but Jessie isn't that old to require something that's not in the repos, because it's newer that CentOS 7.
>>
>>68422594
no shit that is in the build instructions for almost everything that uses gnu make. like i said, follow build instructions
>>
>>68422546
breezeblurred, it's on github
>>
>>68405153
>OSX Levels of polish
>Everytime I would full screen mpv it would crash Kwin
>Swap to i3
>Never had this problem again
>>
>>68422840

Add

X11-bypass-compositor=no

to /etc/mpv/mpv.conf

It’s a fairly common issue you could have fixed with like two seconds of googling, rather than resigning yourself to using a tiling autism manager
>>
>>68422921
Not the point, yes it can be fixed by one config, but if it's OSX levels of polish, why does Kwin crash over something so basic
>>
>>68422987

It’s a compositor issue. They happen. Easy to fix unles your a brainlet
>>
>>68423034
If it's so easy to fix, then why is it up to the user to fix it, again, "OSX Levels of polish"
>>
>>68423098

>I want my computer to do everything for me

GNU/Linux isn’t for you
>>
>>68423255
Then don't say that KDE is OSX Levels of polish if it's not. I'm not saying my computer should do every for me, I'm saying that KDE isn't OSX levels of polish as OP asserted.
>>
>>68405153
I just installed the kubuntu-desktop package on my default Ubuntu install and I'm going to take KDE for a ride thanks to you anon!
>>
>>68423326
KDE is superior to OSX level of polish
>>
>>68423326

It is OSX levels of polish if you’re not a brainlet. Like you.

Better?
>>
>>68405153
>OSX
>polish
What did he mean by this?
>>
KDE on desktop
i3 on laptop
>>
>>68405153
Post wallpaper senpai
>>
>>68423255
> >I want my computer to do everything for me

> GNU/Linux isn’t for you
It shouldn't be that way if you want a year of Linux desktop tbqhfmlishyddtfamalam.
>>
>>68419046
No, I'm using the latest release (I'm on KDE Neon). I have no fucking idea why but Dolphin has just been crashing constantly for me during general use. It seems related to using tabs. It's a shame because Dolphin is pretty god tier otherwise, although it doesn't always manage my autistically huge folders very well.
>>
>>68422578
>MTP Android file transfer breaks during data copy.
thankfully they're finally fucking rewriting their mtp backend
>>
>>68405153
I'm using XFCE because it just werks (after fixing tearing with TearFree or disabling/enabling compositing) because I'm a nvidialet and my shitty deprecated proprietary drivers (NVS 5400M) break KDE
>>
>>68405153
I use spectrwm on my work laptop and i3 on my desktop, since I do programming on both and need to switch workspaces a lot. At least that's my reason for using them, I know why some people would prefer a DE over them though.
I like KDE, I agree with OP KDE is nice.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.