[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 126.jpg (67 KB, 612x612)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
>>51971506

>GNU/Linux questions?
>>>/g/fglt

>PC building?
>>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions?
>>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops?
>>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics?
>>>/g/csg

>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
https://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
https://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
https://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
https://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread: >>68406602
>>
Is running software like OpenBSD really beneficial if your computer uses modern hardware?
>>
>>68420534
>>68420539
>>
wtf is with the OP format? I've been making the images square to keep the text aligned, but the last couple have cut the quoted text and link so they are seperate now. My autism has been triggered, and I will give sauce for OP image to whoever can explain it to me.
>>
I want a portable, 13-14 inch laptop with a preferably not 16:9, excellent screen and good audio for media while having solid enough specs to not shit itself when compiling code inside a VM. No AutoCAD or rendering or anything really intensive like that though, I don't need a "portable" workstation,

I know Dell gets recommended for their crazy gamut and color accuracy but they also feel like fucking garbage to use with ghosting out the ass and response times of over 50ms. Lenovo has their X1 Carbon but there you're paying a massive premium for their business class features and a "HDR" screen that's not even real HDR, only to get stuck with unusable, $300 netbook quality speakers and not even good audio through headphones, and I've heard horror stories about their QC lately.

So what does that leave? Matebook X Pro and a MBP? I actually don't mind macOS or the keyboard, and both would cost around the same here with similar specs even with the memebar (yeah, I know, it's weird), so which one would you consider the better choice? Or are there any laptops in the same niche I may have missed?
>>
>play Gothic 2 yesterday on a shitty old PC
>it crashes
>I just unpowered the PC without turning it back on due to Task Manager being shit when not launched from the desktop
>today morning
>the internet is out in the entire neighborhood due to repairs
>VLC, Photoshop and everything else that uses a .exe file that doesn't require a net connection seem to be working fine
>Gothic 2 won't even launch to give me an error message
>several reboots, nothing
>it's put on que, hoping it would just launch evetually
>internet comes back
>it magically starts seconds after the internet is back
The game definitely doesn't have any sort of online launch feature, it's a 2002 game for fuck's sake! And I've used these specific install files for over a decade now, without any sort of internet connection for the most part too. Am I being infected? Or is it a Win7 thing to stop programs from launching after a serious crash until a report is sent to Windows? The hardware is old, only the OS is a year old.
>>
File: stg.jpg (556 KB, 2697x964)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>68420582
Doesn't that depend on how many replies the OP post gets? They push the text down a bit.
>>
>>68420582
And I do not care for that sauce at all, thank you.
>>
>>68420793
>>68420806
nah. while that can determine it in the future, when it's made it should be a set text format. Might have to copy/pasta it into a text editor to see if there is a rogue <cr> in there.
>>
File: 201B45_74-IMS-en_US2.png (2.02 MB, 1791x1791)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
Would CRT monitors work at maximum resolution with modern laptops using converters?
>>
>>68420826
Well, if you are the person to make the threads you can always just paste it from an offline text file that's perfect.
>>
>>68420848
I'm copying from the last thread, and using square images. Might have been the shota faggot.
>>
File: 1510639592766.jpg (62 KB, 480x480)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I see a lot of people online selling their 1st gen R3's claiming that win7 doesn't run on it and am wondering if this is true

Is there a definite chart somewhere which lists the compatibility of all current Ryzen CPU's with Windows 7?

For example my R5 1600 (1st gen) supports it flawlessly (just had to use ps/2 during installation) but apparently some 1st gen R3's even seem to have trouble with getting it up and running? Heck i don't know i ultimately just want to use win7 on ryzen heh
>>
my home's network is behind a carrier-grade nat run by my isp, therefore there's no way for a device in my home network to accept incoming connections from the internet
i've got a vps with a public ip address able to accept incoming connections just fine
on that vps, i set up openvpn and got a "profile.ovpn" file
i loaded that profile in openvpn client for windows and it works fine - i can use it as a gateway to access the internet and the remote clients can see the public ip address of the vps as the incoming connection's ip address
i set up a tcp socket with python on my windows pc at home listening and accepting connections at port 1234
i know it's possible to route traffic in such a way, that whenever someone tries to connect to my vps's public ip address at port 1234, the connection can be forwarded to the pc at my home and in turn into the python interpreter waiting for connection
i've done this before and it works, enabling me to host world-reachable services from my home pc

the only issue is that python in this case reports the connecting ip addresses incorrectly
i'd like to see the ip of the hosts connecting to the vps, but instead i get the local ip of the vps
so whether it's 8.8.8.8 making the connection, or 1.1.1.1, python will always display the same ip address for all accepted connections
can it be done so that the actual public ip is forwarded to my home pc?
>>
>>68420518
Are there any actual cracks for Adobe 2019 lads?
>>
>>68420710
are you playing through steam?
>>
is there a software for windows that can make a big searchable index of a bunch of external drives? with file sizes, dates, types, folders, etc.
>>
>>68421282
You can just use tree > filelist.txt in the comand prompt if you just want a text file with it. You can also let it output all the data i think, or you'll need to use dir, i know you can do it with a short command and don't need any software.
>>
Is there a reason to use a command line web browser like lynx? I use it to scrap from sites, but I was wondering if someone uses it differently. I know you can set up an external image viewer.
>>
>>68421136
No, they're pirated files from 2006.
>>
are HGST drives gud? what's this helioseal thing that's only on some of them? do I actually want 7200rpm drives?
>>
File: webp1.png (19 KB, 500x250)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Why did Google make webp codec installation so difficult? Are they implying that plebs shouldn't touch it?
Or is it just more of the "lol just use the cloud goyim" bullshit?
>>
I know this is going to sound very retarded but how do I learn to program properly? I've read books, I've done lots of stupid projects but only recently I started doing some things a bit more meaningful, however, I can only do these "meaningful" projects following step by step guides.
For instance I followed a guide to write a text editor in C and another one to write a shell in C, I understood both but I could never do such a thing by myself.
I mean, when writing a complex program, is it "normal" to have no idea how to do something (or everything) and have to look for guides or am I supposed to be able to come up with stuff on my own? How to improve?
>>
>>68421514
What is so difficult about it?
>>
>>68421592
I can't into code or open a .lib file.
I just wanted an executable file so my offline stock Windows image viewer can read webp files now.
>>
>>68421605
I thought Google provided a setup exe for Windows (the second link in https://storage.googleapis.com/downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webp/index.html)?
Although I can't vouch for it working since I'm not on Windows.
>>
>>68420518
If my college campus doesn't allow piracy or torrenting, can I use a VPN service to torrent things still?
>>
>>68421671
Oh wow, I'm retarded. I thought that can't be the thing because it's so much older than other stuff in that list. But nope, that's it.
Thanks.
It's still not quite too obvious though. My opinion still stands that they'd prefer us to be cloud-dependant zombies.

However I still can't fiure out how to integrate it into shit like MSPaint or older Photoshop versions, but at least it works now with the image viewer.
Every site I go to for "dwebp tutorials" they only say "this command and that command". I can't even begin to understand what the fuck that means and how that's supposed to help a pleb to just update his softwares. That codec didn't cover everything.
>>
>>68421786
webp is still fairly unknown when it comes to end consumers, so I guess they just didn't bother to make user friendly guides yet. I mean most people know about the existence of bmp, png, jpg and gif and perhaps some of their characteristics (e.g. generational loss, which are lossy/lossless), but that's about it.

Also as a workaround for creating webp images, you can always export a picture as png and then use cwebp to convert it to webp.
>>
>>68420518
I'm not sure if my fan is not running because it doesn't have enough voltage.
How do i increase the voltage?

My bios settings only allow me to set Normal, Silent, Full Speed, and Manual.
But Manual can only set the percentage from 0-100%, and 5 points in 0-100 temperature.
something like 30c - 50%, 60c - 60%, 70c - 8%, etc.
>>
>>68420518
Remi!!!4
>>
>>68421441
Then your files and computer are part of the botnet
>>
>>68420518
Sauce? <3
>>
>>68421965
>Also as a workaround for creating webp images, you can always export a picture as png and then use cwebp to convert it to webp
How? I've installed the codec, then I downloaded the libwebp thing, extracted the files in it with 7zip and when I click on either the cwebp or dwebp files the only thing that happens is a black coding window thingie pops up for a fraction of a second then it disappears.
>webp is still fairly unknown when it comes to end consumers
Sure but a lot of indie game devs and various other content creators are switching to it slowly and I'd like access to the stuff they make.
>>
>>68422053
spooky
>>
>>68422261
cwebp and dwebp are command line tools. You have to open Window's terminal and either use
path\to\cwebp.exe <options> input.png -o output.webp

or add them to your PATH. That way you can use it everywhere via
cwebp <options> input.png -o output.webp

The same goes for dwebp.
>>
>>68420518

Trying to get on to a website that seems to be only reachable from South Korea.

Need to download some fucking drivers from it.

How do i pretend to be korean so I can browse this website? thanks
>>
>>68422506
vpn
>>
>>68422345
>command line tools
Yeah, I've never used anything like that and I suspect most people never did.
Then I assume Google really only cares about saving server space for themselves and don't care about the file format getting popular.

But thanks, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>68422559

Is there a free one which will cause minimal damage? I dont want to get hackerman'd

I only need it for this one URL and then im back on the botnet
>>
>>68422583
just make a trial account with a throwaway email on nordvpn
they got south korean IPs
>>
I'm doing backups of my backups. When the transfer is complete the new files are 20gb larger than the original folder. What's the deal here?
>>
>On Windows 10
>Try to use Shadowplay
>"Missing Media Feature Pack"
how do i get this thing? my win10 is updated afaik
>>
File: LSJA6q2.jpg (107 KB, 807x745)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I have a galaxy S4 and the battery life seems to be going to shit. I just bought a new battery 4 month ago so the battery itself is fine.

I have been using my phone since 2016. Is my phone just too old to run modern apps and shit?
>>
>>68422664
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

download the one that corresponds to your windows update version
>>
>>68422563
I bet there are options out there. Plugins for image editing programs, GUIs for cwebp and other image conversion tools that incorporated it (like e.g. ImageMagick) and whatnot.
The problem is that I can't tell you anything about those things because I don't use them or don't know how these things are handled on Windows (e.g. I can export images as webp with Kolourmatrix since I installed libwebp, but no idea how to achieve the same for MS Paint).

It's true though that Google has a history of not caring about improvements that don't directly benefit them. Still mad about libvpx.
>>
>>68422665
>>>/spg/
>>
>>68422665
>planned obsolesce
S4 was phased out years ago.
>>
>>68422687
>since I installed libwebp
That shit is installable? Jesus, I'm stupid.
>>
File: 1514694727315.png (82 KB, 645x729)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>68420518
>tfw brainlet
>tfw shit at figuring out how to solve a problem using recurrence and prove it by induction

Any advice or resources?
>>
File: file.png (25 KB, 671x95)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Why is this?
>>
What is the best way to backup a system? Can I just do cp -a and then use that to restore my system?
>>
>>68423030
Not like an executable. I installed it via my distro's package manager, which basically means that it copied cwebp, dwebp, etc. into the default directory for applications and made a shared library available for other programs to use.
>>
whats the best cheap laptop with a battery life of at least a couple hours? Primary use will be browsing the interwebs or doing some small programming
>>
>>68423252
rsync
clonezilla
timeshift
>>
File: 1529501457922.png (1.65 MB, 1062x1500)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
how do i rockbox a benjie t6
where do i put the .rockbox and how do i get the t6 to rockbox
>>
Whats a good software to merge multiple pdfs that respects my freedoms?
>>
Is Runescape safe if it uses Java? I know Minecraft uses its own Java instead of system Java. Is it the same with Runescape? I don't want to have Java or Flash installed because of vulnerabilities.
>>
>>68423418
ok i downloaded the upt file and put it on the sd card too but i get
v_v Failed

whenever i try to update the firmware
>>
>>68423633
Poppler offers utilities to edit pdfs. pdfunite allows you to merge them.
>>
>>68423418
There is an auto installer for rockbox.
>>
>>68423694
doesnt do benjie t6/agptekrocker
>>
I can’t browse 4chan on my old iPad because of all the fucking malware ads, is there a program I can use to browse 4chan that will filter out this shit?
>>
My PC opens a shortlink page at the same time every single day. I've done a full sweep with antivirus software and found nothing. What can I do about this?
>>
>>68423898
fresh install
>>
>>68423921
anything less time consuming?
>>
>>68422936
>>68422867
Thanks senpai I guess I will upgrade to an S7 or whatever I can use on my prepaid plan
>>
what's the most reliable hard drive for offline cold data backup?
>>
>>68423898
Check scheduled tasks, maybe?
>>
>>68424063
check your addons/extensions. probably chrome
>>
>>68424149
WD mybook. They are worth spending the extra $20 over seagate shit
>>
File: DSC_0397.jpg (2.38 MB, 2160x2767)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>68423675
>>68423694
i successfully got it installed
had to extract the agptekrocker 1.2 firmware .upt file and change the "ver" tag in the version.txt and then repack the file and then i was able to flash the 1.2 rocker firmware and boot rockbox
>>
>>68424169
nothing suspect on there
>>68424164
im not sure what id look for, only 3 tasks i can find, and none of them line up with the time the shortlink pops open
>>
>>68424222
Check task manager for processes you don't recognize.
If you're not familiar with windows processes you're going to have to google several names.
>>
Anyone else getting noscript captcha problems with violent monkey? Mine is not loading anymore
>>
>>68424361
I'm not using noscript, but the captcha has been really slow sometimes
>>
File: thisfaggot.jpg (6 KB, 274x184)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I'm trying to turn the volume on via amixer/pulse in arch. Googling has fucking failed because of:
>amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Master',0
and every answer I see tends to rely on a simple control called Master, which I don't have.
amixer scontrols gives me
>Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
and yet if I try to use IEC958 like
>amixer sset 'IEC958' 100%
I get
>amixer: Invalid command!
What the fuck and why and how do I fix this?
>>
File: 1527558484293.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
What's a pdf reader for firejail? I keep getting x server errors
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>68424282
Turns out I was looking in the wrong folder, and I found it. Thanks a lot anon, you were a big help.
>>
>>68420518
what are /g/'s thoughts on the Thinkpad X220?
>>
File: HelloWorld.jpg (35 KB, 371x564)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>68420518
Trying to into ARM assembly and failed at the first hurdle.

Got a Hello World script running easy as pie.

Decided to try to extend the example, by reloading the registers with a new statement and calling printf again, but I get a junk output in the middle.

Why is this? And what am I doing wrong?
>>
I'm looking to install openSUSE Tumbleweed, but I apparently have an Optimus NVIDIA GPU in my laptop meaning if I want to utilize them both efficiently I gotta install Bumblebee (very dated) or suse-prime. On top of that, I will need to utilize dxvk with Vulkan to play the vidya and enough web browser media support to support flash sites. The tricky part is when my architecture is Skylake and apparently installing Bumblebee on it will cause hard locks to X11 and a brtfs snapshot rollback won't fix the issue if installed improperly and the workarounds are kind of wishy-washy to my laptop's configuration: https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/764#issuecomment-234494238

What do to efficiently run Tumbleweed?
>>
What are some good SMS apps for Android? The recommended Silence app is great but it doesn't have a search option.
>>
What happened to whatanime.ga? I can't access the website anymore.
>>
I have a spread sheet with a column formatted in "MM/DD/YYY HH:MM:SS"
Some entries are a few hours after the previous one. How can i report the time difference between then? to the adjacent cell?
Not all entries are on the same day some are the next day or days later, if it is that i dont want to report anything, only the same day and the hours:minutes that they were off.
>>
>>68420518
where can i download windows 7?
microsoft website won't accept my key
>>
what is sony playstation's support email?
I bought a physical disk and it came with a voucher for the wrong region
>>
>>68425234
>vine
literally dead
>worldstars
huh?
>instgram
different format can't really compare

it is quite big tho as would you expect from musical.ly's successor
>>
File: 1541715220948.jpg (874 KB, 2048x2356)
874 KB
874 KB JPG
Just got my ryzen 2600 and I'm pretty swell with it but I notice it I need to install their drivers on their main site (https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-2600)

Is it okay if I don't install them? What happens if I don't? What do I miss?
>>
>>68425365
Isn't that just the overclocking tool? I have yet to upgrade to ryzen (waiting for 3700x..) so I never looked into anything related
>>
I'm NEET. One anon said on /g/ it's possible to get free and fast internet. What was he referring to? I'm willing to put a thousand hours into learning if I can get a permanent source of internet,
>>
>>68425463
If you want some seriously righteous free internet, you need to score one of those Gibsons...
>>
>>68425365
why wouldn't you install the drivers? it can only help the performance of the cpu, plus you can overclock if you want to (not that you'll need to anytime soon)
>>
File: 1527512533138.png (154 KB, 729x638)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>go into store and look at laptops
>"h-huh how come all CPUs below 4Ghz"
>recently found out that 4 Ghz = 2Ghz dual-core(?)
Can someone explain to a brainlet how to know if the CPU is good or not? Is 6-core 3.6Ghz = 21.6Ghz?
Why are people in review sections impressed that it's staying at a certain temperature when using ~5Ghz?
>>
So how to stop wsappx, is not letting me do anything.
>>
Why should i use Linux.
>>
>>68420710
i hope you get the chance to play this masterpice without crashes soon.
>>
File: chart for brainlet.png (24 KB, 481x366)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>68425606
>Frogposter
>Retarded
Can't say I'm surprised.
Yes and no, 6 core at 3.6 is effectively up there, however it's up to the applications to use the different cores properly. For instance, most games are horribly optimized for multiple cores, and will mainly use the first one.
As for the 5Ghz thing, energy requirement for running faster is not linear. See this chart, the energy consumption skyrockets, and it follows that the heat the CPU emits also flies off the chart.
>>
>>68425606
in a 6 core cpu, the 3.6ghz means the clock speed of an individual core, yeah
the more cores (usually) the more efficient each one performs, although each one is performing worse than a single-threaded cpu at the same clock speed

(here's a little article about it that explains it better than i do i think howtogeek.com/ 127950/how-do-you-calculate-processor-speed-on-multi-core-processors/

5ghz is impressive because raising performance of cpus is pretty difficult in the long run, so getting all the way up to 5ghz without bursting into flame is a feat
>>
Is Windows 7 too old to stay on or should I move up to 8.1? Fuck 10.
>>
File: image.png (4 KB, 570x25)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
How much does such a thing cost? How can I build a hard drive that's better than his?
>>
Would movies in 1080p look better in a 1440p monitor?

Also is buying a 1440p 144hz monitor now and waiting for Navi a dumb idea?
>>
>>68425807
Windows 7 support officially stops in 2020, Windows 8.1 is just Windows 10 with a different start menu.
>>
>>68420710
Maybe you got some kind of Steam-related crack? which is weird as fuck, scan your PC and download a clean version with NotR if possible, G2 is my favourite game.
>>
>>68425930
Is it though? It's pretty much 7 with a different start menu.
>>
>>68425911
It'll look worse because of pixel scaling

Depends on your rig components
>>
File: 1516543297441.gif (1.26 MB, 640x480)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>68425806
>>68425759
thanks lads
I thought the technology advanced enough over the years to go beyond 4Ghz, who would've thought that I'd be let down
>>
How exactly does server-side services work?
I want to get into server program thingies.
>>
>>68425958
7 is vista with better service packs
8.1 is 10 with different UI
>>
>>68425982
Do you have any documentation on this? I'm not doubting you this is just the first I've heard of this.
>>
>>68425988
they function basically the same outside the start menu
>>
>>68425807
7 still has support until 2020 for free.
Get 10 LTSB or just install linux you fagget.
>>
>>68425959
>Depends on your rig components
Definitively not enough to run anything made after 2013 at 1440 or 144 fps and probably nothing made after 2006 at 1440p and 144 fps.
My question is Navi expected to be able to achieve that res and framerate? and also is 1440 decent or just a stopgap and I'll be wanting to upgrade to 4k in a couple of years?
>>
>>68425982
8.1 also lacks DX12 support
>>
>>68426048
so does 7
>>
File: 1448131959068.jpg (92 KB, 720x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>68425576
>why wouldn't you install the drivers?
That's why I'm asking, what does the driver from the site have? What am I getting or missing?

>it can only help the performance of the cpu
Could you elaborate on this part

>plus you can overclock if you want to
Excuse my ignorance but the only way to overclock the cpu is through that driver? Assuming I don't want to oc I can ignore it?
>>
>>68426025
It ultimately depends on the applications. Navi should definitely be able to push 1440p@144hz for desktop use and MadVR video content. For games it depends on how optimized they are. It could run like shit (assassin's creed) or run great (xiv shadowbringers)
>>
>>68426093
Not him but what do you expect the price of navi to be?
>>
>>68426141
I have no clue I'm not AMD
>>
>>68426144
I just thought maybe you were an insider since you list out its estimated performance -_-
>>
The Corsair H5 calls for 84mm and the Deepcool case is 80mm.

Does anyone know if the Corsair H5 will fit in the Deepcool Tristellar case?

I know the answer seems an obvious no as 4mm difference, but I'm really asking if the cooler will fit tightly.
>>
>>68426048
show me a game fully utilizing dx12 that isnt just a port
>>
>>68426167
It should be stronger than a Vega card at least but how much stronger I have no clue wait for benchmarks.
>>
>>68424476
Perhaps my question is too difficult for the stupid question thread...
>>
>>68426205
https://hothardware.com/news/amd-7nm-navi-gpu-allegedly-impressive-performance-lab
>>
>>68426184
Just bend your case lole
>>
>>68426188
Forza and Gears of War 4 were made to use DX12 from the ground up for PC and Xbox.
>>
What do I need to learn to understand and use linux effectively? is there a computer language I should learn? Or maybe just python?
Can someone give me a book recommendation? I really just want to read something instead of worrying where to start. I feel like learning about an operating system is what I want but I don't know if there are any good books on linux.
>>
>>68426270
Install gentoo on an old pc/laptop and start experimenting there, anything goes wrong just format it.
>>
>>68426285
I'm at an experimenting stage. I won't even know how to use the command line. Is there a good gentoo manual that includes the basics of linux?
>>
Im planing on getting new case (Corsair - C70 Military Green) and cpu cooler (NH D15) however I am worried that the case mighty be too slim to fit it inside, can someone confirm it?
>>
>>68426369
Assemble it on pcpartpicker and see whether the error message pops out
>>
>>68424443
nvm, figured it out. need to use asciz instead of ascii so that the print statement terminates at the end of the string
>>
File: 1427213993973.gif (2.48 MB, 200x150)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
I installed >VLC and the buttons are too small.
I looked it up and it is suggested I set these environment variables

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 and QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=2

Where the hell, and how the hell do I set this?
>>
>>68426380
>Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found
looks a-ok
>>
>>68426330
archwikki is pretty good and is nicely cross referenced too. just ignore the package management stuff since you're not using arch, but everything else applies pretty well universally across linux
>>
>>68426270
linux from scratch is probably what you want
>>
What's the primary difference (and advantages) of AMD CPUs compared to Nvidia's?
>>
>>68426672
TDP, single core performance, price.
Do your research
>>
>>68426735
>Do your research
Why should I when there's people like you to spoonfeed me?
>>
>>68426672
Nvidia don't make CPUs.
>>
Will hard drives go on sale in the coming weeks?

One of my 4TB drives died and it was my only backup, I'm paranoid about losing my files.
>>
>>68420518
What's a good "it just works" free source code host? Not github. I don't need anything fancy.
>>
>>68426968
Pastebin
>>
>>68426939
There's a 4tb external hard drive on sale right now you can get for $80. Which actually leads to my question.

I'm building a home server, out of an old small form factor desktop. Which is stupider: just use the 4tb 3.5" hard drive I have and use synchthing to keep the data copied between the server and my desktop, or get two of the aforementioned I drives, disassemble them, exctract the actual 2.5" drives, then shove them into the server in RAID 1 (I'd also have to get a raid controller, unless I just remove an expansion slot cover and see if making a RAID from usb devices is possible)? Consider that one of the drives costs as much as I paid for the computer.
>>
>>68426871
noose urself
>>
File: help.png (153 KB, 1189x469)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
razer gaming.. phone?
where does it stop?
>>
>>68426270
https://linuxjourney.com/
>>
File: 1522427158624.png (1.05 MB, 1284x2169)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>68427282
How about this classic?
>>
>>68427311
this is a cursed image
>>
>>68426184
So whats your plan supposed to be overall?
these boxed up compact PC really tingle my fancy, whats your use case for to require a liquid cooler?
>>
>>68427282
Well, it could stop here if the ROG phone, the chink gaming phones, and this thing all fail to sell well because by the time the iPhone games get ported to android everyone has stopped caring about them and moved onto something newer that's only on the iPhone. I actually have no idea what the market is like. I only even care the slightest bit about the ROG phone because of that desktop dock you can get for it.
>>
File: kernelnope.png (103 KB, 759x723)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>68420518
I got used to Linux Mint, but I haven't updated the kernel since the SJW thing, when Linus left for his vacations I stopped updating it.
Everything works well, what are the implications of not updating it? do you think the quality of the code in the new kernel will slowly go down?
>>
is there anything I can do with a spare chromebook?
I would need it wiped or formatted though, since it's managed by a school
preferably make it actually useful (anything not chromeOS), but I could settle for wiping it and restoring it to factory defaults
>>
needing a laptop around $500-$600 any recommendation?
>>
>>68427410
not sure how to do it on mint, but switch to kernel lts, it gets security and driver backports
>>
>>68427502
business grade refurbished. at that price point you can get something good as new with top of the line specs
>>
>>68427569
I was waiting what would happen, if Linus would come back or not...
I suppose now I should update it, though, I used to install a new distro every 2 years, and I really want to try Fedora
I welcome any opinions on my indecision
>>
>>68427583
I'm aiming Refurbished thinkpads like:
http://a.co/d/7tSvRA9 or http://a.co/d/inmej6S
is it good?
>>
>>68421540
You are lacking a complete frame of reference. You need to learn a good amount of possibilities before you can do anything of use.
For a start I recommend craftinginterpreters.

>>68422687
>It's true though that Google has a history of not caring about improvements that don't directly benefit them. Still mad about libvpx.
Let's not forget most things they build are either crap or crap to build. This includes all of their build systems, a huge amount of their web stuff, chromium, their programming languages and other stuff.
They are an adware company after all.
>>
Whats the difference between cpu driver and mobo driver?
>>
Made my Twitter when I was under 13 and now am 21 and tried to change it to my actual birthdate. Will I ever get my account back?
>>
>>68427725
You're better off just letting it go.

Does anyone know if the 2.5" hard drives inside usb external drives are less reliable than a 2.5" drive sold by itself?
>>
>>68425976
it sped up through other means, though:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-Pentium-4-3.60GHz-vs-Intel-i7-9700K/1079vs3335
>>
>>68427669
I think if it were me I'd get this
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834944264&ignorebbr=1
>>
I want to create a 3D exploration game, but something more along the lines of Daggerfall or Might and Magic 6 in terms of graphics. What engines would be best suited for this?
>>
>>68427753
Is there any hope?
>>
Is there any non-root backup solutions without encryption that will let me back up and restore applications like Snapchat (unable to backup application data using Helium)
>>
>>68426467
>linux environment variables
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Environment_variables
>>
I got a Bluetooth headset to be able to listen to youtube vids while taking a shit of checking on the kitchen. But the volume is too high.

I set the windows volume to 2% (somehow can't go lower, youtube volume to as low as I could, and the buttons on the headset do nothing. The sound is saturated as fuck and too loud.

Where the heck am I supposed to lower the volume?
>>
>>68427696
cpu driver updates the microcode (for example to fix the meltdown exploit)

mobo driver updates how your mobo interfaces with your components (for instance an update may fix a bug for using certain PCI devices)
>>
Be real with me, is my dual core CPU bottlenecking my 1050?
>>
>>68427814
Thanks for the clear explanation.

Another question, is there anything wrong if I don't install the latest driver on the internet? Or if I don't install them at all?
>>
>>68427796
There's more hope to be found in quitting social media than in staying on it.
>>
>>68427767
thank
>>
File: 1539484007579.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
I've recently done a CPU+Mobo+Ram upgrade and after installing some drivers I noticed that the general sound has gotten much worse.
My previous Gigabyte mobo had very good sound that I could control with the Realtek sound manager. My current ASUS mobo has some proprietary shit like ROG supremeFX instead of a regular Realtek HD audio controller. I've tried uninstalling it and installing a regular Realtek HD audio driver but every time I do, the sound does not get noticeably better. I even tried reinstalling the previous Gigabyte audio drivers onto my Asus mob and the sound is still horrible. The HD audio is plugged in properly on the mobo.
If I were to compare the prevois audio to the current one, than the previous would be a 320 kbps song while the new one would be a 128kbps poorly done recording of that song. There's almost no distinction between highs and lows, unless I use the built-in amplifier which makes things worse. What do I do?
>>
>>68427795
godot
>>
>>68427879
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=audio%20card&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=36
>>
I have an application that logs messages from a site and I want to write the message history to a file so I can use it later as well as read it form other applications. What's the best way go about storage?
>>
>>68427831
Well if you're running an old CPU and don't have the meltdown/spectre patches so you will be vulnerable. But I doubt you will be affected. It's recommended that you get the chipset drivers though as it can improve performance or enable certain features for your motherboard.
>>
>>68428026
I'm asking this because I'm running a ryzen 2600 + msi b450 tomahawk on windows 7 x64

The amd website only gives me the windows 10 driver download however the msi website do offer windows 7 driver support.
>>
let's say i have about 50 ~15sec videos which i want to join into one big .mp4 file. how i do this with ffmpeg because using concat demuxer doesn't work (different codecs) and i'm too much of a brainlet to figure out the concat filter (also the code for 50 videos would be long as fuck).
i managed to do it quickly with sony vegas but the presets there awful and i can't just tell it to use x264 and crf 23, so the filesize always comes out bigger than all the separate files. i also tried first joining all files into .mkv using mkvtoolnix and then re-encoding that into mp4 with ffmpeg but that also spits out errors and the playback is broken most of the time.
>>
Is bdie really necessary for ryzen?
>>
>>68427809
Sorry, I'm on Windows
>>
>>68428062
then get the driver from msi's website
>>
>>68428184
So they're literally the same thing then?

Anyway thanks for the help, seriously.
>>
>>68428184
Also to add I ain't sure if they're the same thing.

Just going to link them

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-3-0

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-MORTAR#down-driver&Win7%2064

Again really appreciate your help anon
>>
>>68428184
>>68428290
This is the correct amd link actually

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-2600
>>
What video encoder should I use for the maximum quality/size ratio? I have a lot of anime I'd like to compress.
>>
File: 1539531963982.jpg (26 KB, 396x396)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>68427463
pls respon
>>
File: file.png (25 KB, 1122x694)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
I'm doing an assignment right now and the TA said during lecture that all the methods we have to implement can be done in a single line each, but I can't figure out how. Here's an example of what I have.

/**
* Returns the total weight of all the Bobs in this Mobile.
*/
public int weight ()
{
if (isBob == true)
{
return weight;
}
else
{
return left.weight() + right.weight();
}
}
>>
>>68428339
x264 or x265 depending on the bitrate.
x265 achieves a better compression for low and moderate bitrates. x264 (when tweaked) is more efficient for high bitrates. In both scenarios you should consider using 10-bit.
And since some people might recommend it, don't use AV1. It's simply not viable for end users yet.
>>
>>68428367
you can...
give it back jamal
>>
>>68428427
Thanks, guess I'll look into it.
>And since some people might recommend it, don't use AV1. It's simply not viable for end users yet.
Yeah, I was thinking about that actually. Glad you cleared it up.
>>
>>68428391
Try ternary operator.
>>
>>68428391
lol that's easy. sucks to be dumb, huh?
>>
>>68428434
it's not stolen and I'm white
>>
File: file.png (88 KB, 321x176)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>68428497
You really don't understand the concept of a stupid questions thread do you.
>>
>>68428502
try crouton
>>
Does playing FLAC over bluetooth worsen the quality?
>>
>>68428543
Flac is a meme anyway so it doesn't matter
>>
>>68420256

Yeah makes sense. Looks like this drive is straight up faulty and developing electromechanical failures. Gonna message support and see if they will ship me a new one while I work to recover my data.

It's a laptop drive but I don't really move it very much. I just take it with me from room to room. Same with my external drives.
>>
What can I use to check hard drive smart data on windows? Hopefully open source, no botnet shit
>>
>>68428656
crystal disk info

>on windows
>no botnet shit
cmon now
>>
>>68428669
not him but
>you're on Windows so you might as well not care at all
minimizing botnet while you're using Windows isn't pointless
>>
>>68428688
>minimizing botnet while you're using botnet
hmmm
>>
>>68428697
Its my girlfriends computer I use linux on mine
>>
>>68428739
linux is not an os
just read >>68428669
and stop replying to me
this is the last (You) I give you
>>
I don't really know where else to ask this, but for the last month or so torrenting things makes my internet slow to a crawl, and sometimes will temporarily kill it if I leave a torrent going too long. It doesn't happen to every torrent. I'm an idiot and and don't really understand how this stuff works or what to do. Nothing I found online made any difference. Using qbittorent if it matters. Torrenting has become a huge pain in the ass since I need to babysit it constantly.
>>
>>68428759
yeah, when you torrent something you're using your internet to download it. it's gonna use up all your bandwidth. you can limit it's download rate though, or turn on a scheduler so it turns off at certain times
>>
>>68428759
Torrenting is still downloading, it still uses the bandwidth your ISP allots you. On some torrents you have more peers which means faster downloading which means more bandwidth use.
>>
>>68424715
Halp?
>>
>>68428807
>>68428808
Didn't used to cause significant issues until one month ago. Sure maybe the internet would be a little slower, but it wouldn't disconnect every two minutes, which is the current state of things. Don't really know what caused the change. How do you limit the download rate, and what do you limit it to?
>>
>>68428895
I use delgue, I don't know how it works for your client. On deluge you just hit edit > preferences > bandwidth
>>
Is there a program to repeat inputs from a controller for farming in games?
>>
>>68428895
try and find options/settings/preferences, and something like bandwidth/global/speed etc.
whatever tab "download rate" and "upload rate" are under
then you want to know what a good amount to limit them to depends on how your internet is used and what your bandwidth is.

>>68428984
pretty sure they're called "macros", if you have gayming mice/keyboard (corsair, razer) you can usually get the software from them, don't know about ones that work for everything though since I've never used macros
>>
>>68428984
you mean like a turbo button feature? antimacro supports that.
>>
File: options.png (30 KB, 452x533)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>68429022
This stuff?
>>
Kind of a long shot posting here, but I cant justify making my own thread.... anyone else run a small biz ? I'm trying to make a decision on some sort of CRM/project management/workflow software. I'm getting too busy to keep track of everything and I just wanna be able to see all the projects I have on the go, where they are at, quotes/invoices, service calls, etc
>>
Say I am making a list of items in Excel with three columns: total needed(A), have(B), and still needed(C). "Still needed" is A-B. If the total needed is 100, but I have 105, then C returns -5. Is there a way to make Excel return 0 instead?
>>
>>68429138
use =MAX(0,A1-B1) instead of =A1-B1
>>
File: perfect.png (5 KB, 300x150)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>68429185
Wow, worked perfect, thanks fren.
>>
>>68429061
yes
global rate limits is what you want to set

to determine what to set it to, first you should find out how fast your internet is
you can either close everything (and make sure no one else is downloading) and go to speedtest.net, or take the highest number you've seen your download rate hit. either way you then want to think about how much of your internet you want to let your torrents have and how much you want left over for everything else. also, alternative rate limits can allow you to make it faster or slower based on a schedule, so if you want it to download faster when you know no one will be using the internet, or limit it when people will be using it, you can do so with that.
>>
>>68426611
>>68427296
>>68426622
Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>68427296
is this duolingo for linux?
>>
Are there any glaring disadvantages for a CPU with integrated graphics?
>>
With AutoHotkey is it possible to put the hotkey definition within the Hotkey command without using a label? My intention was to create a section of conditional hotkeys that only get baked into my script if ScrollLock is held down at the time it is initialized, and otherwise are completely ignored, but having a hard time figuring out the best way to do this. Something like

If (GetKeyState("ScrollLock", "T")) {
Hotkey, x, "Send {Enter}"
Hotkey, Left, "Send {Space}"
}

was what I sorta envisioned but it doesn't work and I don't know if there is a valid syntax method to make it work... Having to setup a separate label for each individual hotkey seems very messy.

And yeah I'm aware I could make each hotkey to check the conditional logic on button press rather than doing it on script initialization but my intent is to do this for infrequently used hotkeys that I want to sometimes be able to enable on the fly and otherwise affect behavior as little as possible, and making it need to check a conditional every time I hit x or something feels shitty
>>
I'm on gentoo and I don't know what I did to fuck up layman but I recompiled it at some point and the only version available is layman-9999 which from what I understand just means it's the unstable version of it. When I search it with emerge the results only give me ver. 9999, is there anyway to somehow display the other versions again? I've tried unmerging it and its dependencies and removing all my overlays and syncing but it still only shows layman-9999 as the only version to download.
>>
>>68429513
not really
>>
File: wh¿¿.jpg (213 KB, 1000x1097)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
why does this happen on window and how can I fix it? these words are supposed to be black
>>
How do i prevent qbittorrent from banning peers/
It keeps banning seeders...
>>
>>68420518
Why the fuck can’t I set sublime text as my default .txt file opener on w10?

I change it in the “open with” setting, search for sublime, then it adds to the list of things to open with, but selecting it and applying will make desktop refresh, and it stays as notepad.
>>
File: 1492709494249.jpg (71 KB, 512x512)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>68420518
/p/haggot in dire need of getting a new laptop within a $1200 limit. I have been a cheap bastard and been using the same 2011 Macbook with GT 640M and 4 GB RAM that I've been using for my photo editing and now its on its last leg and I need an upgrade. What is the best I can get with
>SSD (512 minimum preferably)
>Good enough GPU for high in Photo Editing, its my major side hustle.
>16GB RAM, I want to actually be able to multitask while running PS/Lightroom
>Good IPS screen at least 72% NTSC
>Good viewing angles so I'm not stuck looking head on
>15' inches because i'm blind as fuck even with my glasses

All research I've done just keeps shilling me XPS 15 which is 1800 minimum for good specs. Surely there has gotta be a better option. I prefer not having all the new shit like 2-in-1, touchscreen, or anything like that. Just a good laptop with a solid touchpad with a bottom click for photo editing.

Would it be best to wait for Black Friday/cyber monday shit?
>>
what good options for map apis are there?

I had previously used google which was great, but now they require you to have a credit card to use it. I tried buying a prepaid credit card but it doesnt accept it (now I have to find something to do with this $50 prepaid card)

is mapbox the best option?
>>
>>68429806
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006740%20600004343%20600004344%20600004346%20600004347%20600136700%20601296065%20601296066%20600029658&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36
>>
File: 1539695899887.png (914 KB, 1136x640)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>Intern at river water testing business
>Basically paint polygons over satellite images of rivers and add gps points with water quality tags
Is there any way to market this on a CV for a gis job?
>>
File: turbobit_large.png (3 KB, 370x208)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>68420518
I used to use turbobit for downloading music frequently. Nowadays I can't download anything because the page with the google captcha link can't resolve because it isn't https://. Is there anything I can do to get past a captcha on a non-https:// page?
>>
can't figure this one out. ubuntu is just randomly locking up.
cpu fan at 100%, keyboard doesn't work, mouse doesn't work, monitor craps out and can't even get a signal. have to hard reset it, and when i get back on there is nothing in the logs, it just complete shat out. what the fuck causes this? bad ram?
>>
>>68429924
do a memtest
also make sure your components arent overclocked, ubuntu likes to throw a fit with overclocked stuff.
>>
>>68429899
Use torrents
>>
File: 1506350099895.png (67 KB, 331x304)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>68429872
I was looking more for a modern suggestion than just a newegg results that shills me the same 90 laptops with MX150 that is just as bad as my 8 year old trash in terms of GPU.
>>
Is there any technology to reduce the refractory period?
>>
>>68430067
vitamin d
>>
>>68430067
Nope, still just drugs.
>>
>>68429992
I appreciate the advice, but that's not the answer I'm looking for.
>>
>>68430147
Its the answer you got and the advice you should listen to to fix your problems.
>>
File: screenshot.2.jpg (59 KB, 524x127)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
How do I change it so that the hover over icons on my programs show up as mini previews as opposed to these long titles without any preview as shown in pic related? I could have sworn it didn't use to be like this, but I can't seem to find any setting to change this.
>>
>>68429230
Playing with that made it happen slightly less often, but still no clue how to make it stop. I had to force a rather slow download speed too.
>>
If I have a Nodejs script running, is there a way to read the variables in it like you can if you run js in the browser?
>>
i have a laptop without a hard drive
How can i setup a linux liveUSB that actually saves the changes i do after shutdown ?
>>
>>68430740
Does your laptop have an SD card slot?
>>
>>68430740
Install the os to the usb drive and use tmpfs
>>
>>68430749
not sure, its a T420
i never used SD cards much, specially in computers
i do have a USB adaptor for SD cards
>>
>>68430758
whats tmpfs?
all i know about linux is some basic ubuntu stuff, please be patient im pretty dumb
>>
>>68430771
tmpfs mounts a filesystem in to the ram.
The usb wont be as fast as ram so putting as many things as you can in to tmpfs(and then syncing them before shutdown) will speed your os up considerably
>>
>>68430764
Check to see if it has a card slot. If so, see if you also have an SD card. Then install the OS on the SD card and set it to boot from that if the BIOS supports boot from a card slot and use the flash drive as your data storage.

If not, then I guess you're SoL except to install on the USB drive as >>68430758 said.
>>
Which video player should I use on android?
>>
Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506?

>>68431007
MXPlayer.
>>
>>68430780
i only have 4 gigs of ram...
>>
>>68425365
>>68426063
>post loli
>bunch of people complain about mah pedophilia
>post actual photos depicting pedophilia
>nothing
>>
>>68430147
>>68430175
lots of people use turbobit. are you telling me the site has been unusable for weeks and no one gives a fuck? I don't get what's going on with this shit. Someone has to know. http://newalbumreleases.net has tons of music posted on turbobit that can't currently be downloaded. Something's going on and someone on here knows how to get past a captcha when the page is http instead of https.

try to download and see what happens.

http
turbobit
net
/ xwcn7p980vc1 /
www.NewAlbumReleases.net_The_Yardbirds_-_Best_Of_The_Early_Years_(2018).rar.html
>>
File: 1541715432131.jpg (529 KB, 918x918)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>68431095
I'm that anon, maybe you could answer my question?
>>
>>68422175
>Sauce
(Reitaisai 7) [French letter (Fujisaki Hikari)] Pedoria S (Touhou Project) [English]
>>
>>68431311
i didn't read your post
>>
File: 1532836313824.webm (2.79 MB, 1920x816)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>68431392
Why?
>>
Is it ok to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar with a spoon?
>>
>>68431603
As long as you don't eat too much. It has a ton of calories
>>
File: umu.gif (80 KB, 180x180)
80 KB
80 KB GIF
>>68431328
based
thanks
>>
Why my arduino executes setup() function multiple times during the program?
>>
>>68420518
What router should I get? Budget is $50
I just want something that isn't swiss cheese
>>
So what happened to that big Bloomberg story?
>>
how to make $400 a month online?
>>
Is there a difference in performance between an i5 5th gen an i5 3rd gen?
>>
>>68431328
Thanks <3
>>
Is there a way to make tabbing in Notepad++ behave like my browser (Firefox)? How it is by default I feel trapped, since ctrl + tab only goes to your previously-opened tab, which only goes back and forth.

Is there a way to make PixivUtil2 tell me when it failed to download a file? I caught it doing it once cause my internet went down, but was horrified since it didn't produce a text document telling me the pixiv id it skipped. I can't just sit on the possibility every image could possibly be silently skipped.....
>>
If I dual boot 10 to try it out alongside 7, will both be activated at the same time or should I leave 10 deactivated? Usually the win 7 key works for installs I've done for others but I don't want to commit to it straight away.
>>
If I have a 1080 Ti, does it really matter if I get a monitor with G-Sync or not as long as it's got a high refresh rate?
>>
For the last month or something every time I boot my PC it tries to install an update then cancels it. It does this twice before booting normally and is annoying as fuck. Will clearing the windows update history solve this or should I do something else?
>>
File: 1541726725658.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Are my usb sticks kill? Did rufus just straight up murder them?

I created a bootable usb stick following the steps in the ubuntu website and everything went smoothly. I tried Kubuntu for a while before going to sleep. Again, no problems.
Next day I decide to go for the install but the stick would fail to boot no matter what. And not only that, doing this would also shut down my other usb devices, forcing me to reboot manually.
I figured something was wrong with the stick and followed all the steps again, but this time rufus suspiciously took ages to write the iso. Later I went for the boot and again it would go straight into my HD.
Now as if this wasn't bad enough I tried to copy random files into the stick and the writing speed is now 1mb/s at best, which is slow even for usb 2.0.

Also, being the retard I am, I tried all of the above with a second stick only to end up with the same results, so now I have two -almost- bricks.

Things I've already tried:
- Checked their integrity via Windows, HDTune and ChkFlsh. All three report no problems at all.
- Disable as much processes as I could and then write. No changes.
- Do the "optimize for performance" thing in the device manager. No changes.
- Format them in both fat32 and ntfs. No changes.
- Read through all the "rufus killed my drive" results on google. Nothing there helped.
- Test the sticks in other machines. They keep writing slowly.
- Create the bootable stick in other machines. Slow as fuck in both Windows and Lubuntu no matter what program I use.

Pls help.
>>
What's a good [spoiler]calendar app[/spoiler] to use? I don't like [spoiler]google calendar[/spoiler] because I need my calendar clear for Sundays but I have events that happen every three days so there's always something that falls on Sunday. But google won't let me add an exception to that day. I can't just tell it to repeat every 3 days EXCEPT Sunday, or even delete all the Sunday events without deleting every other days events. So I either have to painstakingly go to each Sunday and delete the event or just ignore it.

It's driving me up a wall. It seems like a very basic feature that should be part of an app like this. Oh and it needs to be an desktop app so i can leave it running in the background and get notifications when an event happens.
>>
File: 987654543.png (4 KB, 364x41)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
What I'd like to know is where are these browser tab icons stored?
>>
>>68432922
>>68432890
What brand are the sticks? How big are they? Where did you buy them? Did you use them at all before you made boot drives of them?
>>
>>68433016
Generic chink brand - 8gb usb 2.0
Kingston data traveler - 16gb usb 2.0

Don't even remember where I bought them.

Both worked just fine for years and they still did the first time I used rufus on them. After that it went downhill.
>>
Would this toaster be able to play 1080p videos with subtitles? Would like to set up a media center
>>
>>68433101
Just buy a fire tv desu
>>
>>68433117
I would, but I really don't stream stuff
>>
What a good software that can replace Ccleaner? I've been using Wise Disk Cleaner, but it doesn't remove all the shit Ccleaner does and vice-versa.
>>
>>68433101
Easily. A raspberry pi could do that these days.
>>
>>68433138
bleachbit
>>
File: testdomain.png (23 KB, 403x575)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
I installed WordPress multisite (with the bitnami package), and I have added the testdomain subdomain to etc/hosts, yet I keep getting this cookie error.

All this is local, and the site on localserver works fine.

Any idea what's wrong?
>>
>>68433224
try https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookie-error-site-not-letting-me-log-in/#post-1505412
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 257x196)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Why is it that in this day and age 4chan is the only large website that doesn't automatically enforce https? You have to enter https into the address bar.
>>
>>68433249
I did that already, still the same error.
It's on the subdomain only.
>>
File: h4tumqw.gif (1.26 MB, 320x237)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>umatrix
>w7, chrome
>dont know webprogramming
>css, script, XHR, frame
>?????????????
>what do these do?
basically asking for more specificity about the different elements
describing what they are for and how they are used and what they are and so on etc
I ask here cause I dont even know what to search for
also hungover and actually I dont want to kms
>>
File: Untitled.png (80 KB, 844x803)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
Why am I getting this error?
>>
>>68433341
CSS is botnet
Script is botnet
XHR is miners and botnet
Frame is miners and botnet
In all seriousness though, if you want to get umatrix set up in the simple way, go onto global settings (asterisk next to the url) and select "all". After that select disable the cookie column, and enable first party cookies. Block imgur globally and enable it only on the site itself. Do the same with Google, unless it's a captcha site.
And then finally uninstall umatrix. (last step is optional, but will improve your quality of live since you don't know what you're doing)
>>
Why does software have to be compiled and why does it need to take so long?
>>
>>68429669
Wasn't this a new bug with the latest w10? Something about being unable to set up file associations
>>
>>68433407
a pretty rad answer
do u think i just bought my fucking COMPUTER and im fucking illiterate?
you are the assfuck that should uninstall life itself
since you fucking suck at it
HA!
>>
>>68432990
Favicon.ico
They are delivered by the server of the website you visit
>>
>>68433417
It needs to be compiled so the computer can understand it. Code is only for human convinience.
>>
>>68420518
is there any way to sync rgb lighting between corsair and asus products? i can sync the mobo and gpu because theyre asus but i cant sync the pumps lights apparently
>>
>>68433341
umatrix is not for you then. there's too much knowledge missing for you to fix any broken sites it causes.
>>
Can anyone share the spook CSS from Halloween? Would be great if it has the dancing skelly too.
I'm on 4chan X.
>>
>>68433403
add
 -pix_fmt yuva420p -auto-alt-ref 0
>>
>>68433560
i never stated there was any broken sites
you are just full of shit and mad
you are a fucking degenerate dickwad
fuck off to /s4s/
bitch
>>
So, ram clearance seems like an annoying issue sometimes, so much that companies market "low profile" varieties.

Why don't motherboards just slant them or mount them sideways (like in laptops)? Is there some performance loss from going from 90 degrees to slanted or flush?
>>
>>68433588
there's no way someone is going to describe to you how websites work with a few lines of text. it can be a complicated topic.
umatrix is for people who know how this stuff works already and can selectively allow/deny them.

if you really want to read up on it start out here https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn
>>
I'm the guy with the failing drive from last thread. I was gonna run ddrescue but I don't have a > 2 TB drive that I can use to image the failing drive. I'm gonna buy a 4 TB drive and use that but I'm wondering if my drive will survive a couple days before its delivered.

Would you guys risk pulling data off of the failing drive to a new drive? Or would you wait and image it properly? Here's the SMART data: >>68416115
>>
File: Untitled.png (65 KB, 808x542)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>68433570
Didn't help.
>>
>>68433640
options after the output file get ignored. it even tells you.
put them before your output file.
>>
>>68433647
Oh, thanks. Don't see where it tells you that tho.
>>
>>68433666
yellow text.
>>
>>68433610
thanks for the link
>>
>>68420518
Is it a good idea to install your dev shit on your gaming machine?

visual studio for example and some nodejs and probably sql
>>
>>68433697
just keep a backup of it in case anything happens
>>
>>68433593
It makes it harder for the RAM to cool itself, and usually there's a way to get a cpu cooler on that won't hit the RAM. That's not exactly a low profile version either, it's just RAM with the heat spreader (which does less for cooling than allowing for convection) removed. Also it would take up more space on the board, especially since you'd have to allow for RAM with heat spreaders.
>>
>>68433258
Can I get an answer please.
>>
>>68434084
cause of money?
cause of slack?
gookmoot cant be arsed?
cause 4chan should be edgy as fuck?
brainstorming really
but real answer is that its basically not needed
its not a web-bank
there are no secure details that needs high level security
>>
>>68434084
theres literally nothing on this website worth encrypting
>>
Is it normal for a CPU to always run at 1.4 GHz? I downloaded prime95 and even then it's apparently capped at 1.4 GHz. I got a "diagnosing your PC, applying automatic repairs" message when booting windows and then it booted up normally, no slowdown at all.

Last time, I thought my drive was failing due to shitty performance but I monitored the CPU also and it was running at 3.2 GHz constantly. Now it's at 1.4 GHz? What
>>
>what happens if you put a 512gb SD card in a phone that only supports up to 256gb?
Is it just gonna show 256gb? Is it not gonna work at all?
>>
i was just reading the original linux announcement thread and linus says
>It's mostly in C, but most people wouldn't call what I write C.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>68434162
Hi mr fbi agent.
>>
>>68434327
only be able to use 256
>>
Why can websites detect that I have adblock and send targeted messages about it but not just use whatever method they are using to do that to circumvent adblock and send me ads?
>>
>>68435062
because the ads they would serve you would still be blocked. im not sure how they detect it exactly but they cant get around you blocking the ads from your end.
all they're doing is using some javascript to detect the extension is installed and give you a different web page, if they gave you a different web page with ads you have blocked they wouldnt suddenly be unblocked
>>
>>68422640
prolly the CRC, its like a hash of your original data
so when they try to hash it again and find a flipped bit, it can even fix it sometimes
>>
>>68430786
alright, the thing is the SD card cannot boot. i thinnk the T420 doesnt give the option.
i installed xubuntu on it supposedly but it wont boot at all. i guess its USB for me...
>>
>>68435062
There is tons of ways to do this.
The simplest would be just checking if the element where the ad should be is there and has something loaded in it.
Why don't they just load another ad? Because usually ads are served from other sites like google ads and they don't manage them directly on their own.
>>
File: tab.jpg (23 KB, 706x706)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I stepped on my Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus and now touch input doesn't work. The screen looks fine though, everything else seems to also work and there is no apparent physical damage. I did a factory reset and that didn't help.

Is there any chance to get a bluetooth or usb input device working on this tablet without being able to use any touch input to even get past the first-time startup screen?
>>
>>68435062
There are actually lists that block some of those specifically, but most people don't care enough to load them, and they aren't maintained as vigorously. They kind of serve a purpose of letting you know why you aren't receiving content. Also some kinds of adblocking aren't as effective on them as they come from the same domain as the content you want, and therefore aren't as easy to filter.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.