[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 02e042_6320580.jpg (168 KB, 1400x788)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
What's the one thing that made you a good designer?
I'm talking about money in the bank, clients or employers wanting to hire you.

I'm stuck in tutorial mode and can't get my designs to look solid.
>>
>>327861
Don’t act dumb
>>
I NEEEEED A MEDIC BAAAG
>>
doing diverse projects targeted for different types of audiences.
>>
For me:
>Already being good at drawing and artistic composition.
>Experience and plenty of practice - if you do a lot of work you'll always improve and learn new things plus build upon your internal design library in your head. Do hypothetical projects if you need to.
>Lots of reading to understand my field of design
> Familiarising myself with guidelines & requirements, making sure I follow good methodology and process.
>Lots of research and looking at what other people have done past & present for inspiration. Try copying works that inspire you without following a tutorial to learn.
>Having good mentors.
>>
>>327923
how to git gud at flat design anon
>>
>>327861

Rip stuff off.

Unless you're going into the art bullshit side of it where you just turn out paint spattered logs and call it design, just learn how to use other peoples work to better your own. Don't try and pull raw creativity from thin air, it's impossible 99.9% of the time, and you'll get left behind by everyone else who are all ripping each other off.
>>
learning how to draw
>>
>>327962
well that's fucking bullshit
>weee I rip stuff off people because iIm a brainlet
>but others do it too so it's fine!
>>
>>328133
Steal like an artist he means.
Rip from different sources.
Remix
>>
>>327861
A good attitude. That will take you further than anything else.
>>
If I were to drop some ancient scroll type of esoteric /gd/ shit, it would be the following:

1. Separate your work from your ego.
2. Choose function before form. Choose form before novelty.
3. Develop processes in all that you do. Refine what fails, adhere to what succeeds.
4. There is no work that hands can do which yours cannot do.
>>
>>327861
Routine, follow your goddam routine.

I keep falling for the "it's just a quick design" and
skip my routine. Take your time and follow your routine- we all have one.
>>
Who ever said i was good

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.