[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/h/ - Hentai

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

File: manga_page.png (113 KB, 746x447)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
have any of you ever tried to contact a manga author? how'd it go?
>>
>>5401034
no...ill at most follow them on twitter or pixiv
>>
>>5401034

i tried back then but i dont think they understand english so im afraid to try again

only 2 authors if i remember correctly TYPE.90 and DISTANCE
>>
>>5401034
I wanted to often times, but the problem was that if I said that I was a non-Japanese fan, they would probably think I did not buy their works, and that would be awkward
>>
File: 006.jpg (532 KB, 845x1200)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
im pretty sure Shindo L speaks native English. i spoke to him briefly at a Comiket a few years back
>>
>>5401052
He does, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SD9-4pUPH0
>>
>>5401056
>what does your mom think?
>she keeps asking me to draw her fucking my uncle.
>>
File: Screenshot_45435235.png (1.02 MB, 1299x718)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>5401034
There is a female manga artist that is serializing an anime/ln adaptation manga in a non-h Monthly Dragon Age and also draws hentai in her spare time.
She streams non-h drawing on Twitch almost every day and she knows english decently enough so I get to interact with her often :3
She also has a face cam on sometimes and always has lots of cat cams!
>>
>>5401048
Could just be like "hey just bought such and such work and loved it, what do you think about...?"

Even if you didn't purchase, a lot of people do understand that it can be difficult to obtain certain media in various countries due to licensing and other restrictions, so as long as you are polite about it, you should be fine.

>>5401044
Could always use google translate; not the best, but it's not always horribly bad either.

Also, learning basic hiragana/katakana and the downloading an app such as Duolingo, you can learn to ask basic questions and stuff within a couple of days (you can always just replace one noun with another and it generally works).

I've used these methods previously to contact a few artists for passwords and stuff to art and mods they put online and it seems to work out.
>>
i used to interact when some of then stream. ryou loves ska music and i got him to listen to streetlight manifesto on stream once. mizuryu kei loves his sentai shit and he'll talk about it for hours. depends when you catch them on stream and how close to deadline they are but they are generally real friendly.
>>
>>5401052
i want Shindo L to do more Bible stories.

specifically, the one where Lot gets raped and impregnates his 2 daughters.
>>
>>5401034
I've asked doujin artist something about his illustration through pixiv. He answered me.
>>
>>5401034
I do fanworks of their characters in a different medium.
They retweet it.
Instant win.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.