[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 1491232182547.jpg (110 KB, 589x877)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Stupid or ludicrous history related things you were told in school. I go first:

>Rome fell because of lead plumbing
>>
>The Illiad is a story about a man called The Odyssey
>>
>>2693772
care to elaborate more on the lead plumbing, sounds hilarious.
>>
>>2693799

not him, but some people suggest that the high lead content (which causes lots of health issues, among them mental) was pretty damning.

There's probably an argument to be made seeing as the Romans used lead to sweeten their fucking wine, but that Rome fell from it is pushing it. Also I forget the details, but apparently a layer of something else forms quite quickly inside lead pipes which blocks the actual lead from getting into the water supply too much.
>>
File: Final form.png (76 KB, 657x527)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>The 1054 East-West Schim happened because of the Iconoclasm dispute
>>
>>2693815
This.
>>
>>2693808
hah never knew, thanks.
>>
>people in the middle ages never washed
>>
>>2693815
>"Okay kids, everyone who isn't blue eyed and blonde stand up. See? Hitler would've killed you."
>Learn about WW2, 50% of material somehow revolves around the Holocaust
>watch Schindler's list/Pianist in class, Anne Frank's diary is a required reading

I'm not even denying the Holocaust happened but the brainwashing Jew machine it spawned is beyond vomit inducing.
>>
>>2693837
>people in the middle ages never drank water, only beer
>>
>>2693841
there's truth in that, i read that certain armies would only drink beer because the wells could be poisoned by enemies.
>>
>Medieval parents didn´t care for their children because of high mortality rate.
>>
>>2693808
yes the lead was coverd in alge that prevented the lead from getting into the water
>>
>>2693850
I think the real redpill is it doesn't really matter whether it happened, it's not the fact rather than the reaction that aggravates me. Armenian genocide absolutely happened but I wasn't forced to watch sentimental sob stories about ten gorillion dead Armenian children in school
>>
>>2693792
Oh no.
>>
>>2693841
They usually drank beer though, albeit very weak.
>>
My history teacher was a devout Lutheran, need I say more?
>>
>>2693850
Pfff, fuck off goatfucker. I'd take Jews over Muslims any day.
>>
Lech Wałęsa was a hero.

Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski was a bad guy.

Napoleon was a good guy.

Aiding the Habsburgs at Vienna was a huge mistake.
>>
>>2693847
In the late 1800's about 43% of children would die within their first five years of life, can you imagine how bad the mortality rate was during the middle ages? Can you imagine yourself giving a fuck about a child that has a 50/50 chance of dying? I wouldn't care about them until they became 14-15 years old, basically if they made it to adulthood.
>>
>>2693841
thats true
beer or wine, not as strong as today though
>>
>>2693847
high mortality is true but they cared about them though
read the wiki about maria theresa habsurb queen, that woman was a child factory
>>
>>2693908
>Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski
literally who
>>
>Hoplites are so named because they were lightly armored and armed; that's why they beat the Persians.
>>
>Fascism is inferior because Germans lost WWII
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 536x536)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>Stalin killed 60m people
>civil war was not about slavery
>Frederick Barbarossa drowned in a puddle of horse urine
>Julius Caesar was a honorable, ethical man
>>
>>2693952
lol my favorite

>what's wrong with fascist economy? fascist countries seemed to be doing great
>"they lost ww2"
>>
>>2693841
It's true though, even my grandmother as a child drank mostly weak cider as water wasn't safe
>>
>>2693967
By the way, apart from Francisco Franco's Spain all the other fascist economies (and the nazi one too) were utter shit, and were designed to fail from day1 if no war was going to be pursued.

Economics is one of the best fields that you can use in order to discredit the XX century fascist movements.
>>
>>2693967
What's wrong with that? Purpose of Nazi economy was war, when they lost the war it quite obviously meant that the policies failed.
>>
>>2693967
Nazi Germany wasn't doing great. There were constant shortages of various products and their debt rose considerably during the 1930s. It's more or less true that they eliminated unemployment, though.
>>
>>2694015
>It's more or less true that they eliminated unemployment, though.

This is true if you count ONLY members of the Nazi party.
>>
>>2694015
What sort of products did they run out of?
>>
>>2694015
German economy under Hitler recovered because nazis ramped up defense spending with debt. If they hadn't started the war and robbed Czechs and Poles and everyone else's money they'd have gone bankrupt in the mid 40s.
>>
>>2694023
fruits, vegetables
>>
>>2694020
It can be extended to category of German males.

Btw does anyone know whatever Nazis made legislative against the unemployed, simmiliar to communist regimes?
>>
>John Balliol was a puppet king

Based literally off blatant Bruce propaganda, no idea why kids are still taught this.
>>
>>2694023
Fats. They even tried to extract fat from corpses.
>>
>>2693910

You obviously have never had a child, or if you have, you are an actual sociopath. People still mourned their dead babies even if they knew there was a statistically high likelihood that the bay would die.
>>
>>2693941
>be Jerzy Sebastian Lubomirski, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth commander
>country in crisis on several fronts
>the biggest threat is a huge Swedish invasion rolling in
>king flees the country, mass defections to enemy side
>be one of the only high level commanders to stay alive and loyal
>damn near single-handedly save the country, turn the war around and win it, be a huge hero

>after things calm down the king decides to give himself extra powers and weaken parliament
>the majority of nobles & parliament are against it and you're the leader of the parliamentary opposition
>so the king does the logical thing and tries to assassinate you
>when that fails he accuses you of plotting against him, strips you of all titles and sentences you to death without trial
>you refuse to get executed and a huge uprising erupts
>you try to negotiate but the king musters his forces and attacks you
>you deal the royal army an absolutely humiliating pair of crushing defeats
>you offer the defeated king the following terms: he officially restores your good name and abandons the royal power reform, and you officially apologize for the uprising and leave the country in exile
>the king has no other option but to agree

>350 years later popular history says you're a traitor for not letting yourself get executed on trumped-up charges because it buried the chances of the king strengthening his position
>>
>>2693841
Wine, ale, mead, or beer? This is important.
>>
>>2693799
it causes infertility among other things and they would build some aqueducts out of it
>>
>vikings had horns on their helmets
>vikings were only brutal murderers
>vikings ate poisonous mushrooms to become berzerkers
>vikings backstabbed their friends regualary
>vikings never went to Vinland, only heard stories
>(maybe true, never found source) vikings named Iceland, Iceland because they didn´t want people to immigrate in to large numbers (name scaring them off) and named Greenland, Greenland because they wanted more settlers.

mfw either my own country don´t know about vikings or there is some propaganda going on.
>>
>>2693838
>everyone who isn't blue eyed and blonde stand up. See? Hitler would've killed you
I feel like you're probably making this one up. Surely no teacher would be this stupid when Hitler himself clearly did not meet these specifications. Though, come to think of it, he DID kill himself, didn't he? Rly activates my almonds.
>>
>>2694141
Another anon here, went to public schools in Michigan, can confirm it's true.
>>
>>2693870
>>2693919
It's not true, there's no evidence for it and tons of evidence against it
>>
File: 14969485499.jpg (39 KB, 960x720)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2693772

>Female Spartan did all the manual labour while the men went to war.
>>
File: 1490064224744.png (194 KB, 591x462)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>we don't know why hitler hated jews, probably because he himself was jewish
>we wuz illyrians an shit
>100 years war was because france controlled the wool trade in normandie
>diocletian was croatian

t. my high school history teacher
>>
>>2693841
That is not only most likely true but still the case in some places today, it was definitely still the case even in parts of the United States as recently as a few decades ago.

The reason is that alcohol sterilises, potable water was at a premium. In a similar case, on the American frontier the land was cleaner so safe water was more abundant but it was still mostly the adults of a large family who would be allowed to drink it, children would have beer because it was even cheaper (since you don't need potable water to make potable beer). Also during the first half of the 20th century soldiers would mix whisky with their water for the same reason.

What it boils down to (pun unintentional) is that turning water into beer is a more efficient way to make large amounts of it potable than boiling, let alone distilling, especially without the luxury of industry.

>>2694107
>vikings were only brutal murderers
To be fair the term "viking" is referring to the act of invading a foreign land as a sea pirate, and means "one who makes camps on rivers, fjords or harbours." The ethnic group vikings belonged to and the culture they went back to were not like that, but vikings themselves were thieves at the bare minimum.

To put it another way, the English might not have all been brutal murderers, thieves and rapists, but most pirates during the "golden age" of piracy were (and happened to be English). This is the same thing but replace "English" with "Norse" and "pirates" with "vikings."
>>
File: Apu hat.jpg (46 KB, 671x665)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>2694179
>The Charles II poster turns out to be Croatian
Did not see that one coming, to be honest.
>>
>>2694159
Florida here, supposedly one of the worst education systems in the US, but I was not told that. On the other hand we were told that Hitler loved Mexicans and Japanese so the Holocaust must have been politically or ideologically motivated rather than racially motivated. Most commonly the story we were told was that Jews were a scapegoat for the failing economy in Germany following WW1, though the fact that slavs were the main group massacred rather than jews was rarely mentioned at all.
>>
>>2693772
>Everybody was happy with the Italian Unification.
>Ostrogoths destroyed Italy during the Fall of Ravenna.
>The Great Leap Forward was just a famine that happened during the rule of Mao.
>>
>>2694209
>>The Great Leap Forward was just a famine that happened during the rule of Mao.

Well, it technically was: the famine was not planned, rather it was a result of general incompetence made by a underdevoleped nation that just got out of feudalism.

Mao was not a Saint (if there is a Hell he is probably burning in it) but the demonization you find in Western schools is pathetic: to attack his character you don't need to conjure lies like that. We do so only because our leaders were just as fucked up.
>>
>>2694201
Jews were the main target of Hitler's genocidal policy. More Slavs died during the war because there were more Slavs overall in East Europe. But they were treated better than the Jews.
>>
>>2694222
> (if there is a Hell he is probably burning in it)
edgy
>>
>>2694201
>On the other hand we were told that Hitler loved Mexicans and Japanese so the Holocaust must have been politically or ideologically motivated rather than racially motivated

The dude literallt had scientists come up with a racial hierarchy, and used it when discussing racial policies. You don't get more racist than that.
>>
>>2694240
We've both studied history: you don't get to be as powerful and influential as Mao without staining your soul with some of the worst crimes available to human experience.
>>
>>2694199
>That is not only most likely true
It's not true, there's no archaeological or literary evidence for it
>>
>>2694222
I know that, but, the thing is, whether it was all natural or also brought about by bad policies (killing sparrows for instance) is a pretty big difference.

One couldn't be helped ever, not without foreseeing, the other could have in theory.
>>
>>2694264
>One couldn't be helped ever, not without foreseeing, the other could have in theory.

I agree with you, I was just trying to go against a certain narrative that sees Mao as some guy who just liked killing his own citizens. What happened is not justifiable, but I would not consider it as a crime either, considering that it was just a result of a certain, traditional brand of naivety.
>>
>>2694250
>because no illiterate peasant wrote a book saying "hey, we mostly drink the thing we have mostly drunk for all of my life," it didn't happen
I mean I know I'm on a history board so I should expect this kind of boneheadedness, not to mention a history board on 4chan, the origin of the "pics or it didn't happen" meme, but this isn't a matter that would actually be recorded. Anything for or against it is conjecture, but there's a much stronger case for it.
>>
>>2694295
Let's kill this big myth of the medieval ages dead shall we? This trope of European medieval society shitting and pissing where they get their water comes from a post-Enlightenment historiographic view that this was the 'Dark Ages' filled with child-like peoples.
Medieval towns and villages had various ways of dealing with cast off and effluent which did not merge with the drinking water. For small villages and rural homes the toilet was a few steps away into the forest. In the larger towns you can still find homes that have medieval toilets (for example, the castle I am staying at is built up against a wall and on the other side of that wall is a run off trench; in the cellar is a stone toilet from 13th century with a wall outlet/runoff into the trench; it is now where the electrical comes in!)
Some had 'gutters' which pushed off effluent into the surrounding landscape. Where there was faster running river the town could dump straight into the waterways and it would not affect health, even slow moving waters would do, as it was rare to pull drinking water from the river - there aren't many medieval sources that talk about rivers for drinking, it was for washing and leisure.
>>
>>2694308
But it's best to remember that villages and towns of the medieval period were not densely populated, and the resulting likelihood of contamination of even a closely located source water was low - it was more likely to happen from animal herds if at all, although animal herds weren't of the same size as today either.
The sources of potable water were generally wells, sometimes artesian, sometimes spring fed, and often in the center of the village as a common resource. These wells were more likely to run dry than to be infected with human feces. Large villages, cities and some castles would have cisterns to collect water, either through surviving aquaducts, from springs, or from rainwater. Again, the castle I am at has an underground medieval cistern, about 5 cubic meters large.
Beer/ale was not about water contamination issues - most ale was locally made and not subject to the rigors of testing before consumption; it could be a bad replacement for water. Beer/ale was a carbohydrate replacement, but often stronger in alcohol than our modern brews. Regardless, alcohol kills germs only at a certain percentage, and only of a certain exposure duration. Wine and beer don't do it, even at slightly higher formulations, but vodka or whiskey might. However, once mixed in with water, things like E. Coli still persist. Water and wine were mixed to cut the potency of wine, sometimes with wine being akin to a flavouring agent.
Urban Tigner Holmes' Daily Living in the Twelfth Century is good on details of eating, drinking, and hygiene, most taken from the journals of Alexander Neckham. It gives a deep flavour to daily life.
For those who want to get into medieval archaeology and the scientific findings, Food in Medieval England: Diet and Nutrition from Oxford (2006) will be of interest.
>>
>>2693948
>Hoplites take their name from the "Hoplon", that is, their huge shields. Hoplon means their whole armature as well.
>Hoplite literally means "Man of the shield" or "Man with armour".
>they were lightly armored and armed; that's why they beat the Persians.
Who even comes up with shit like that?
>>
>>2694226
>But they were treated better than the Jews.yeah they were killed with one bullet while the jews got 2
>>
>>2694295
Anon you're making a fool out of yourself. Read Harris and Grigsby's book on misconceptions about the middle ages.
>>
>People thought the earth was flat

>The Catholic Church prosecuted science as opposed to fostering it for centuries
>>
>>2694295
Why is there literally no medieval source that describes it happening? Why do stories written in the middle ages like the Táin, the Canterbury Tales, etc. all describe characters simply drinking water?

If there's no evidence for something and hundreds of pages of evidence against it then maybe you shouldn't believe it.
>>
>>2694314
hoplite
hop-lite
hop-light
>>
>>2694007
spain's economy with franco was utter shit
>>
>>2693772
>knight armor was so heavy that knights couldn't get up without help if they fell to the ground.
>>
>>2694334
You got me there.
>>
Samurai were honorable peacekeeper types who subscribed to and were bound by a rigid code of honor
>muh bushido folded 1.000.000 times
Bushido wasn't a thing in the Sengoku period, it's an 1800s revisionist invention, lumping together traditions of loyalty, myth and feelgood notions of gentlemanship and virtue, partially influenced by the west.
Samurai weren't above being slimy cunts.
>>
>>2693910
The Catholic Church made people care about their children, stop shitting on the middle ages
>>
>>2693841
>drink water
>die
best to stick to booze
>>
>evolution isn't true
>civil war was about a struggle between those who wanted a strong federal government, and those who wanted states' rights
>the confederacy could've won the American civil war
>the collapse of the USSR proves that communism doesn't work
>Nazi germany wanted to conquer the world
>Christianity abolished slavery
>America's involvement in WWI was irrelevant
>both sides in WWI were equally bad
>the west was pathetically weak and poor until the industrial revolution and the plundering of the Americas gave them an unfair advantage over the Islamic and East Asian worlds, and now that the latter has caught up in technology the center of power is rightfully shifting east again
>life before the agricultural Revolution was brutal
>Sunnis and Shias got along better than Catholics and Protestants did before the 20th century
>>
>>2693792

Odyssey was a cool guy he killed Trojan and didn't afraid of anything
>>
>>2693772
>lead plumbing

holy fuck I've never heard this

didn't we use lead pipes until recently?
>>
>>2693838

at least my HS just made the unit "the holocaust"

>didn't even learn about WW2 in High School

fucking moshe
>>
>>2694452
>>life before the agricultural Revolution was brutal
I think that's true. Violence has been greatly decreasing the past couple hundred of years.
>>
>>2694325
>People thought the earth was flat
This is true, you idiot.
>>
>>2694473
m8 he's talking about agricultural revolution which was ~10,000 years ago
>>
>>2693859
>it's not the fact rather than the reaction that aggravates me.

I think this is true, but there's a secondary aggravation in that expressing annoyance at the insane over significance it's been given in history immediately gets you labelled as a nazi maniac
>>
>>2694473
People had a healthier life before the agricultural revolution: stronger bones and teeth, drastically less workload, more free time for feasting and having sex, less armed conflict.

It took thousands of years before the development of sedentary civilization starting giving real benefits. The mystery of the historical record is why humans would throw away a much more "enjoyable" nomadic lifestyle, if agriculture was such punishing work

Looking back now we know that agriculture lead to a surplus of food and labor, allowing for some humans to specialize and develop culture and civilization; but this wasn't an overnight revolution that they knew what was at the end of the road, and what rewards would eventually benefit future generations
>>
File: IMG_3494.jpg (72 KB, 940x627)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2693815
Thinking back to my history classes, the teacher showed us an emaciated p.o.w. and said, this is an example of how poor living conditions were in camps, that or this man might just be a smoker.
>>
>All people in the "those who work" social order were peasants who worked with agriculture.
>>
>>2694035

This. I've seen graveyards where there were four and five child graves next to those of their parents. If "nobody cared" about those kids, they wouldn't have fucked around with the expensive marble headstones.

Now, there used to be a tradition of not formally naming children right away at birth, but that had more to do with baptisms and whatnot.
>>
>>2694452
>the collapse of the USSR proves that communism doesn't work
It kinda does. inb4 >that wasn't real communism
That's the whole problem, you can't build real communism.

>Nazi germany wanted to conquer the world
They wanted to conquer Europe and then try to nuke America. I'd say that's enough of the whole world.

>the west was pathetically weak and poor until the industrial revolution
This part is true. It was still stronger than the middle east, as the wars with Turkey show, but there wasn't any decisive advantage.
>>
>>2694493
I read "Industrial Revolution".

>>2694496
> less armed conflict.
If steppe nomads are anything to go by, then raids would be much more common, and those qualify as armed conflicts for me.
>>
>>2694141
Not that guy but same thing happened in my school
>>
>>2694341
Spain's economy is still shit. They need to invite more inbreds to run their country like the good old days.
>>
>>2694532
Steppe nomads may've had armed skirmishes, but they never had a world war :^)
>>
>>2694526
>It kinda does. inb4 >that wasn't real communism

Leninism differs from traditional Marxism in some pretty fundamental aspects, that is a fair statement.
A German communist party would not have had to deal with most of the problems that eventually ruined both the USSR and the CCP. No urgent need for modernization and industrialization, no urgent need for radical reallocation, a society that is already civilized. All of these things were not available to Lenin, and he was fully aware of it (to this day you can still read his philosophy journals and his analysis' on Hegel's and Marx' works)
>>
>>2694526
>that's enough of the whole world.
Für dich
>>
My teacher junior year of highschool was super into pop history
>Poles charged German tanks with horses
>"I am a jelly doughnut"

There were more but I stopped caring over time. Also, the school had a euro trip that he led, which was pretty dope except for the fact that he knew nothing about how to properly enjoy the place. He did things like insist that the most authentic pizza would come from a place like the Florence town square and stuff which is moronic in hindsight.
>>
>>2693859
>but I wasn't forced to watch sentimental sob stories about ten gorillion dead Armenian children in school
The Armenian genocide was smaller in scale than the Holocaust, Armenians were less part of your population than Jews (if you're from the US or most of Europe) and Turkey is less associated with your cultural sphere than Germany is (if " " " " " " " " " ").
>>
>>2694249
agreed
still edgy tho
>>
My school surprisingly had decent history teachers. They just loved to break us into trams and pit us against each other, and tha led to strange debates and shit. We had weird discussions like "Class is broken up into teams. One is Napoleon supports, one has to argue that he's the Anti-Christ. You have half an hours to ready the debate" or "Class is broken up into teams. One half is North Vietnamese, one half is American. Debate why Vietnam should be Communist or Capitalist." or "Round table discussion, put your chairs together! We all pretend we're in Soviet Russia. What's more important, fixing Russia or spreading communism so we have allied countries that don't hate us?"

Interesting as fuck, but most of my classmates couldn't get into it.
>>
>>2694540
They literally led war across their whole known world, though.
>>
>>2694496
>feast
on what nigga? lmao
they didn't have that volume of food, why do you think they actually settled for agriculture if it's that impractical
>>
>Christopher columbus discovered the earth was round
>The sun is not a star
>The earth is spinning so fast, which is why we do not fall off
>humans and dinosaurs co-existed
>England was un-inhabited before Rome came

There are probably more ive forgotten, this was a shitty public school in London primary education, yes i am a retard and would say i am uneducated as shit to this day.
>>
>medieval business and economy was practically stagnant up until the 11th century.
>>
>>2694549
>i am a jelly donut
what the fuck is this JFK meme?
is this really what americans think he meant????
>>
>>2694575
You don't need a multi-year surplus of grain to feast
>>
>>2694564
>debate why Vietnam should be Communist or Capitalist
wew lad i somehow can't believe an american high school teacher could get away with even suggesting someone argue in favor of communism
although you have a lot of commie college professors so what do i know
>>
>>2693772
>"blitzkrieg" was a real thing
>the German army was good
>>
>>2694586
you kinda do if you want to still eat the next week
>>
>>2694578
>The sun is not a star
>The earth is spinning so fast, which is why we don't fall off
wew lad that's some oxford tier physics education right there
>>
>>2694578
Did your teachers forget to breathe sometimes?
>>
File: nichijou_001.jpg (97 KB, 520x599)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2694578
Take it as an incentive to learn then.

There is no excuse not to learn, since the widespread use of the Internet:
http://noexcuselist.com/
>>
>>2693772
>There was a term used to describe peace withing the roman empire called "pax romania"
>used to correct my teacher saying it was "pax romana" and not "romania" because romania is a modern country and not what he thought it was
>teacher got pissed off at me in class for saying that
>>
>>2694592
Kek, no you don't

You spend 4 hours chasing game or gathering foods a day, which is sufficient for a nomadic tribe to eat. They were highly experienced at attaining foods, since it was almost their only job

You have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm not going to bother with you
>>
>>2694590
Blitzkrieg is a real thing. It wasn't invented by Hitler or one of his allies though, it probably stems from Gustavus Adolphus.
>>
>>2694607
You...literally realise Romans used to refer to the provinces collectible has Romania?
>>
>>2694587
Mr. Martin was cool like that, he didn't give a fuck. In fact, my school in general didn't give a fuck, as long as the teachers could make sure we weren't stabbing each other (my school was 1/3 white, 1/3 black, 1/3 Asian and we all hated each other) and got us to pass standardized state tests they could get away with whatever they wanted. Mr. Martin was all about trying to see things from both sides of a conflict. Made things interesting even though most of us didn't care or pay attention.
>>
>>2694610
>4 hours chasing game
t. never hunted
>>
>>2693838
This.
>>
>>2694619
shit i know that feel mayne
we had a similar teacher, Herr H. for anonymity's sake
he had us read up on the subject for one period and then have a class discussion the next
it often resulted in lively debates, where i would often play contrarian just for lols and he would feed both sides to bolster the debate
he was a rad dude
>>
>>2694617
Our textbooks would say "pax romana" though, not sure who was making the mistake the mistake there.
>>
>>2694583
The story goes that he intended to say "I am a Berliner" but by mispronunciation or malapropism said "I am a jelly donut" instead. It's just a meme.
>>
>>2694141
Different Americunt here, happened in my hs as well. Luckily I'm blonde with blue eyes :^)
>>
>>2694603
I kind of just learn what I like, which is history, I work a simple job and make simple money, I only learn interesting things now as retail is so simple science, math, english wont change much.
>>
>>2693859
Do you ever consider that maybe the source of the coverage in the holocaust is that it's one of America's few wars where the opponents were roughly equal, and they were, to a Liberalist (which the fucking vast majority of america is) completely in the right? As far as i can see America really likes itself and it's wars, Covering the holocaust sorta puts America on a pedestal for intervening.
>>
>>2694678
How interesting things are drastically increases the more you know. It's a positive feedback loop of finding something interesting, incentivizing you to learn something, allowing you to see new connections (learning in the process), which then makes more things interesting.

The faster you start learning the basics of all sorts of fields, the faster everything will become more interesting to you, and the easier learning new things gets.
>>
>>2694179
>>we don't know why hitler hated jews, probably because he himself was jewish
He wrote an entire book about it, what the fuck
>>
File: berliner_001.jpg (501 KB, 1024x768)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>2694669
>>2694583
JFK's famous line is "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a Berliner/I am a person of Berlin; this was intended to express solidarity with the isolated Berlin populace).

"Berliner" is a demonym for the populace of the city of Berlin, where he held that speech. He intended to use this meaning.

"Berliner" is also what Germans call [image related]: this baked good, which has a berry marmalade filling. The closest thing to this that Americans have might be baked doughs with jelly.
>>
File: 1922 - Greek genocide.jpg (43 KB, 374x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2693772
>Third day of class, all seemed well
>Suddenly says:
>"The evidence is strong that the Armenian and Greek genocides didn't happen"

I actually stood up, packed my things loudly, and walked out once finished
>>
>>2693772
>There were black people in Sweden during the bronze age.
>>
>>2694044
Considering that kings in PLC being nothing more than figureheads was one of the main reasons it got PARTITION'D, I'd say that the guy standing in the way of the one king that tried to rectify that was pretty traitorous, tbqh.
>>
File: 5ccbc05.jpg (47 KB, 445x498)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>The crusades were a barbaric invasion full of biggioted Christians into the peaceful middle east.

Couldn't be farther from the truth.
>>
>>2694483
Look up Eratosthenes
>>
>>2694768
>things that didn't happen for 500
>>
>>2694829
The first crusade was a chaotic mess composed of people who acted pretty barbaric desu.
Also, everything that wasn't the Roman Empire were barbarians.
>>
File: 1457147719332.jpg (816 KB, 827x1040)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>>2694768
But it's true.
pic related: a painting of a great vikang High Kang, painted by following the descriptions of the last surviving eidetic nordic semen shaman
>>
File: 1492171216980.jpg (52 KB, 540x720)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2694862
It was pretty barbaric but they were kindof asking for it

>imblying you can just steal christian clay and conduct raids in europe for decades without paying the price
>>
>"Protestant work ethic"
>>
>>2693772
I was told they used metal dishes and the acidic food they are corroded them and they were this regularly ingesting lead in thier food.
>>
>>2694833
Why would I need to do that?
>>
>>2693965
>Frederick Barbarossa drowned in a literal river of turkroach urine

Fixed. Happy now?
>>
>>2694141
This is actually done.

Instead of reconsidering whether the whole blond-blue-eyed thing was Nazi policy they take it as "evidence" that the Nazis were retarded for not noticing this obvious contradiction.
>>
>>2694007
Salazar's Portugal did alright
>>
>>2694007
Franco wasn't fascist, though.
>>
File: 1483320587762.jpg (82 KB, 783x590)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2694200
>implying there's one of us
>>
>>2693965
Juluis Ceaser was an honourable, ethical man.

Brutus-sympathizers get out.
>>
>>2694007
>what is the Spanish miracle
>>
>>2694870
The Crusades did a better job of weakening Eastern Christianity then actually stopping Muslim raids.

A Horse fucker did more damage to Muslims then 200 years of Crusades.
>>
>>2693902
Of course you would, goldbergshekelstein
>>
>>2694870
The casus belli was that muslims were blocking access to Christian pilgrims and acting like jackasses, not conquering an alleged Christian kingdom that fell after the first Arabic invasion.

God, if you have to instill current values in history, at least keep it accurate, especially if it goes IN FAVOUR of your message.
>>
>>2694729
i know, i am german
why the fuck do people think this is what he meant?
or is it just a meme?
>>
>>2694141
It happens as fucking standard across the english speaking world. I fucking despise it because it's the exact kind of bullshit that stormfags take advantage of to weave their narrative in people's minds.
>>
>>2694141
In school, we covered the holocaust every year until my junior year, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the "If you're not blonde or blue eyed YOU would be killed" each year
>>
>muskets had an effective range of 5 metres
>once they fired a shot they didn't bother reloading, they just used their bayonets
>>
>>2694750
They deserved it desu.
They killed and displaced shitload of muslims, too bad we lost selanik to those faggots.
>>
>>2693772
>NKVD was shooting soldiers when they retreated in Stalingrad
>>
File: 1481709228490.png (830 KB, 549x936)
830 KB
830 KB PNG
>>2694452
>Sunnis and Shias got along better than Catholics and Protestants did before the 20th century
What the fuck?
>>
>>2694141
British, they did it at school here
>>
>>2694141
A teachers told me that if Hitler had won WWII i would be the only one alive in the class just because i had blonde hair
>>
>>2695348
That's true. I read it in Antony Beevor's book.
>>
>>2695565
>implying
>>
>>2695174
It must certainly be an American meme, it implies Germans are too stupid to be able to differentiate between the implied concept...
>>
>>2693908

>Lech Wałęsa was a hero

>Implying he wasn't

Your a butthurt communist arent you anon?
>>
>>2693808
Yeah, I always heard the boiling of wine in large lead pots. The Romans used a wine reduction as a syrup on lots of food, so you have a widely used condiment made in boiling hot lead cauldrons. I can see how it would have brought down the overall health of the citizenry a bit, but it wasn't a major part in its downfall.
>>
>>2696545
>Your a butthurt communist arent you anon?

It's well documented that Wałęsa was a counter-intelligence plant. He ensured none of the communists were brought to justice.

The story of the end of communism in Poland is basically the story of the party elite realising they won't be able to hold onto power directly, infiltrating the opposition movements with counter-intelligence agents, then negotiating a hand-over of powers with their own agents ostensibly representing the opposition.

And so the old system ended, with representatives of the old system managing to avoid any prosecution for their crimes in exchange for splitting state power and property between themselves and retiring on lavish state-funded pensions.
>>
>>2696560
Can't be any worse than Coke.
>>
>>2693841
Greeks never really drank water because it was dirty. They drank wine mixed with water.
That's essentially what they drank in the middle ages, but with beer because it's cheaper to make or something.
>>
>>2694692
I've had the exact same sort of education, except I'm Canadian so the other half that isn't the fucking holocaust is about natives or Terry Fox
>>
>>2695174
My German teacher has explained that the indefinite article is not used when one is being literal. Ich bin Berliner implies one is from Berlin. Ich bin ein Berliner seems uncommon, and ein Berliner is a jelly donut.
>>
>>2694542
That's why East Germany was heaven on earth right.

Oh wait
>>
>>2693811
i'm pretty sure the schism was over recognizing the bishop of rome as head of the church. while the byzantine emperors preferred wearing that hat.

Byzantine brought their own downfall to the Turks. the Serb Emperor wanted to be the head Patriarch of orthodox Christianity. The byzantines then allied with the turks against the serbs.
>>
>>2694632
There were more animals, and they were much closer too.

I could go hunt for a day to get a single deer, or I could wait for the city deer to roam into my backyard, as they tend to do once every few weeks, gate them off, and shoot them.
>>
>>2694314
>they were lightly armored and armed; that's why they beat the Persians.
Why would anybody think this? Even popular images of Greek soldiers are large men covered in bronze with long spears. They only beat the Persians on land battles because of their defensive approach
>>
>>2694496
ah this old paleofag Atkins worshiping meme again from the rejects who define their masculinity by how many meat calories they ingest like beta ron swanson wannabes

agriculture was successful because it provided food security. you nu-males can never understand what it's like to scrounge and hunt every day of your life on the savannah, every sighted prey a do-or-die moment where you starve if you fuck up. agriculture + animal husbandry changed all of that. no longer were you reliant on the variable patterns of prey animals or whatever roots and tubers you could dig out of the hot earth with your bare hands or basic rock tools, you took the prey and the foodstuffs with you no matter where you went. this gave neolithic man an enormous advantage over paleo man, who was always subject to the variability of nature.

paleolithic society was never "enjoyable", it was savage. the fact that the humans who didn't get eaten or starve were larger is only testament to the fact that being small wasn't advantageous before the neolithic revolution, which btw coincided with an enormous population explosion.
>>
>>2694141
This is pretty common, actually. We didn't do the whole "Stand up" bit, but we were taught that Nazis went around executing people for not having blue eyes/blonde hair.
>>
>WWI was Germany's fault

>The crusades were unjustified

>The Soviets crushed the Germans in Barbarossa

>The Catholic Church prosecuted scientists

>The Catholic Church halted all progress in Medieval Europe
>>
>>2697214
this
>>
File: 1485103680450.png (45 KB, 1068x485)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2697214
>>WWI was Germany's fault
Fuck off Franz
>>
>>2697298
source on that picture? wikipedia i presume?
>>
>>2697331
Are you seriously going to try and deny that Germany chimped out and declared war on everyone?
>>
>>2697339
>ignores the part where austria hungary was the first country to delcare war
>>
>>2697378
So that excusing Germany declaring War on all of Western Europe? Declare war on the whole world twice and still can't own up to your stupidity. You people deserve to be culturally enriched.
>>
>>2693772
>Hitler killed those who didn't have blonde hair and blue eyes
Not even a stormcuck but this pisses me off
>>
>>2697402
>declaring War on all of Western Europe? Declare war on the whole world
i'm not even german my lad but you really need to stop flip flopping with your arguments
>>
>>2694540
>literally invaded most of the known world
[dschingis khan noises]
>>
>>2697409
Guess who had colonies around the whole world?
>>
>>2697422
britain? belgium? france? germany?
>>
>>2693965
>>Stalin killed 60m people
true tho
>>
>>2694015
After the economic difficulties of the early 30s, why was it possible for the Nazi government to get loans from anyone? Who lent them money, and why?
>>
>>2694817
Wanting to help your country but disagreeing with others about the best way to do it isn't traitorous.
>>
>>2694249
>you don't get to be as powerful and influential as Mao without staining your soul with some of the worst crimes available to human experience.
Well, it's true that few if any become as destructively powerful and influential as Mao without great crimes. However, I would argue that great scientists and inventors have shaped human history as much as or more than people like Mao, and they did it without criminality.
>>
How do you people remember what you learned in your high school history classes? I'm 26 and I remember zero things from my history classes in high school. All of my history knowledge (as limited as it is) I've learned through books I've read on my own.
>>
>>2697339
no i would just like the source on your picture
it looks interesting
calm down
>>
>>2694454
>>
>The main reason Hitler hated the jews was because they did not have a homeland. Germans were from Germany, Brits were from Britain, Italians from Italy, his disdain mostly came from the fact that they leached off everyone else's societies

I'm not even sure this is BS or not. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>>2697435
>Stalin killed 60m people
he killed half the population of his country?
>>
>>2698047
I mean, that's kinda why everyone's always hated the Jews, man. It's very much an oversimplification but it's not hard to understand why people might have disliked a population living in your society but holding themselves apart from it, practicing a foreign religion, refusing to integrate and treating you as an "other" in your own country.

Of course, plenty of Jews did in fact integrate, and when they didn't it's often because there were laws deliberately preventing them, and it's not exactly their fault that they didn't have a homeland to go back to in the first place, but I never said it was rational.
>>
>>2698047
i heard he hated jews. cause as a boy. he fell in love with a jewess and she rejected him.
>>
>>2694526
>They wanted to conquer Europe
Not even, they may have wanted hegemony over all of Europe, but their plans for their future borders mainly looked East
>>
>>2697039
Serbia
Not even once
>>
>>2694526
>This part is true. It was still stronger than the middle east, as the wars with Turkey show, but there wasn't any decisive advantage.
That doesn't mean pathetically weak though. Pathetic makes me think of Amerindian civilization (in the face of European conquest, they had some pretty neat shit going on) and African civilization (which I don't like). It would be better to say that Europe didn't become laughably overpowered until the Industrial Revolution allowed Europe to absolutely destroy everyone else
>>
File: 1492365178257.png (77 KB, 900x900)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>2694750
It must have been really trippy for your classmates, seeing you get really angry at a cockroach on the floor and then storm out of the room
>>
>>2697561
You're probably retarded.
>>
>>2698146
did you fall in love with a comma. she rejected you. and now you hate correct punctuation?
>>
File: pepe.gif (628 KB, 516x402)
628 KB
628 KB GIF
>>2693815
>tfw you actually believed jews were turned into lampshades
>>
>>2693902
>I'd take Jews over Muslims any day.
Speak for yourself Schlomo.
>>
>>2698047
Actually it's not really BS, he mentions this explicitly in Mein Kampf, that there was never a Jewish country and they can only survive parasiting on other nations.

And he was pretty much correct about it, Jews are supposed to be the smartest people in the universe or something yet Israel is a shithole. All the elite and super wealthy Jews live in America, Europe or Russia.
>>
>>2693965
Civil war wasn't about slavery. It was about states rights and taxation
>>
>>2694007
Franco's economy was fucking great, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2696545
No, he is a nationalist sheeple who hates Wałęsa becayse he signed a loyalty papers to secret police in like 1970 or something
>>
>>2694483
Earth IS flat
>>
>>2698668

Spain had an autarchy (like Mussolinian Italy) until 1958, when Spain was so shit, that the CIA, with the young guard of the govt, made an undercovered coup.

Franco had to accept capitalism, and with that, spanish economy started to grow.

Nationalist Spain reached the GDP of the 1936 II Spanish Republic in 1963.
>>
>>2698664
t. traitor
>>
File: spain debt.jpg (38 KB, 560x271)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2698689
>>
>>2698135
There were laws preventing integration? What kind?
>>
>>2697104
>t. manlet rage
>>
>Joseph McCarthy was not an American hero
>>
>>2697418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmI3vAIhbE
>>
>>2698690
Death to the union
>>
>>2693859
I did. Antonia Aslan herself came to my school to talk about it and try to sell us her book
>>
>>2694141
Americans do this shit regularly
>>
>>2694141
I'm from the UK and we were told the same.
>>
>>2694141
The fact you find this too absurd to believe and yet it's so widespread IRL is a testament to how bad this shit got over the years.
>>
>>2694141
I remember they did this sort of thing with my entire gradeschool.
>>
>Nero set fire to Rome to make room for his new palace
>Christians were always persecuted by Romans and fed to wild animals in the colosseum
>Sparta lost to Thebe because the troops were underfed: there had been a revolt of the slaves and your average Spartan citizen was only capable of swinging his sword and unable to feed himself
>>
Lol, i'm 25, and i remember in highschool, learning about WW2. It really was like that, about 50% of the time was spent teaching about the Holocaust. We watched the "Pianist" movie and also "Schindler's List", and we learned about Anne Franke and her diary. We got pamphlets about the holocaust that had pictures of starving jews (supposedly). Looking back it was cringeworthy, it did not effect me much at the time but i realize now of course it's mostly designed to evoke empathy. I guess it didn't work well on me because at that time i was already very interested in history and i had read about Nazis online.
>>
>>2699008
Also, on another note, later when i was in college, i had a female history teacher who was based. We were tasked to summarize the different "spirits" behind religions, and i was writing about the jews. I wrote something like:

>" The spirit of the jews seem to be based on feeling sorry for themselves and complaining, all their holidays are related to times when the jewish people were supposedly mistreated by some group of foreigners, and the jews gather in their holidays to weep and cry over this supposed mistreatment."

And the teacher gave me the top grade and came up to me later and said she thought that was a great response and i had really followed her in class. And no, she was not hot, she was fat.
>>
>>2693877
Yes.
Say more.
>>
>>2696955
Pole here
>well documented
literally just a plot by the current (polish death camps) gov to make him look bad.
They say they saw the focuments but they misteriously vanished before they cluld take a picture. Made me think. It's like that Mormon reading from a hat story .
>>
>>2696545
He was held in jail for like a week or something and they were like "we relese you sign tahat you're relesed here" and he did
Then in 2016 the death camps gov say he actually sign a contract to spy on the protesters and they have the focuments, ppl asked them to show the documents and WHOOPS THEY'RE GONE SOMEONE MYST HAVE STOLEN THEM BUT WE HAD THEM SWEAR ON POPE
>>
>>2699031
tell us more about the teacher
>>
>>2694141
I'm from Argentina, I can confirm that it also happened in my high school.
>>
>>2693772
Poland was always peaceful and never started wars, we just happend to be attacked a lot.
>>
>>2693772
Lithuania benefited from the commonwealth.
>>
>>2693772
The ottoman empire planned to conquer the Papal State
And make it into stables
This is what it's like to grow up catholoc in pooland
>>
>>2693772
The persian war(z) were just good greeks vs bad persians.
Reminder Persians had religious freedom and banned slavery, greeks had Sparta.
>>
>>2699132
john green pls go
>>
File: 1477677401393.jpg (60 KB, 600x800)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2694044
>>you refuse to get executed

if only more people knew you could just refuse an execution...

really makes you think
>>
>>2699120
>This is what it's like to grow up catholoc in pooland
kek.
>>
>>2698135
> it's not exactly their fault that they didn't have a homeland to go back to in the first place
What's the Bar Kokhba revolt.
>>
>>2694159
What district? I went to a metro Detroit school and they wernt this stupid.
>>
>>2694030
Objectively false.

The one time he opposed Edward he got the shit ripped out of him.
>>
>>2694393
I thought it was a shogunate invention to keep the samurai occupied.
>>
>>2694456
Yep. See Flint Michigan.
>>
>>2699031
I'm not sure what to take away from this, other than the idea that you're a retard who had a retarded teacher who gave you a good grade for making objectively wrong and easily contradicted claims.
>Rosh Hashanah
>Yom Kippur
>Sukkot
>Shavuot
>Tu'bishvat
>>
>>2699070
>They say they saw the focuments but they misteriously vanished before they cluld take a picture.

What? They're literally available online, nothing 'vanished'.
>>
>>2694199

That's not true. The many vikings travelled east purely for commerce.
>>
>>2694729
so that's what those cakes in lidl are called
neat
>>
>>2698664
yeah, state rights to own slaves you dunce
>>
Off the top of my head:
The constitution:
>2nd amendment has entire page of disinfo about how it means something completely different, including directly contradicting DCvHeller despite the book coming out afterwards
WWI:
>No countries actually wanted to go to war
>They were all forced to by treaties
>Businesses were behind the whole thing
>Germany dindu nuffin
>America pushed everybody into it

WWII:
>America was antisemetic and let the hollercoaster happen
>We knew about Pearl Harbor and let it happen so we could smash the japs
>Japan dindu nuffin he was a good boy just wanted oil and evil America wouldn't give it to them
>Russia did all the heavy lifting
>B-52s dropped Hydrogen bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima
This textbook was pretty funny about getting literally everything wrong.
>Japan's warcrimes completely absent from textbook

Korea:
>The UN got together and shot at people until there was a stalemate

Civil rights movement:
>Martin luther king Jr did everything
>Some guy called Malcom X got shot
>LBJ is a hero what a wonderful guy

Vietnam:
>The USA lost
>Nobody in vietnam wanted us there
>Fails to mention anything about LBJ
>Nixon's fault
>Thank your local draft dodgers and hippies for singlehandedly stopping the war through protests
>Fails to mention peace talks and the aftermath
>>
>>2694107
>vikings backstabbed their friends regualary
there was actually a lot of infighting and betrayal among chieftains and kings and such.
>>
>>2699416
Except those are refered to as varangians and not vikings.
>>
>>2694141
We did this in both elementary and middleschool. WWII topics were pretty much:
>Hitler invades poland
>6 million jews died
>This girl named Frank got gassed
>6 million jews died
>Saving Private Ryan happened
>6 million jews died
>Russia wins the war and America helps
>6 million jews died
Nothing about africa, nothing about anything but the holocaust, D-Day, and just enough background for that pic of the guy raising the USSR flag over berlin.
>>
>>2700293
Where are you from anon?
>>
>>2694141
Happened in my class on Canada. Someone asked that question and got the response that Hitler was just a hypocrite and everyone around him were too scared to call him out.
>>
>>2700314
I knew about the Africa campaign because of Battlefield 1942 which i played religiously.

> that pic of the guy raising the USSR flag over berlin.
Hah, yeah i remember that. Of course, it's staged, i realized later that every single picture that came out of Stalins USSR is staged or carefully selected for propaganda reasons. They didn't mention that in the textbooks.
>>
>>2694483
and it still is.
>>
>>2700315
Vermont.

Nearly forgot:
Injuns and pretty much everything up until WWI:
>Natives didn't do anything ever and were genocided
>USA were assholes and got in wars with literally everybody for no reason so we could make an empire
Funnily enough, the industrial revolution was covered in a relatively positive manner.

Cuban missile crisis:
>Khrushchev *teleports missiles behind u (for no reason)
>The entire world was milliseconds away from being destroyed and becoming Threads
>Everybody was going to die
>LITERALLY THE CLOSEST WE'VE EVER BEEN TO A NUCLEAR WAR AAAAAAA
>The charisma of JFK singlehandedly defused it slavs BTFO

Vietnam again:
>Heavily implied that almost all soldiers were drafted

Hitler:
>Hitler was a gay jewish guy of african descent who was so self loathing he killed six million jews

It would have been worse if my social studies teacher was the massive marxaboo with commie propaganda on his walls. I got to take his political compass test once. It was designed to make socialism seem like the rational middle of the road option, then had the only options for the right be things like "All cars except V8 Gas guzzling SUVs should be banned."
>>
>>2694025
Source?
>>
>>2700370
This thread is bringing back memories.
Civil War:
>All about slaves and tariffs
>Lincoln loved slaves and was pretty much the messiah
>Entire war consisted of somebody shooting at a fort, a bunch of people shooting eachother in Gettysburg, which had an Address happen in it, and lincoln getting shot

WWII Again:
>Nothing about the pacific theater except we flew B-52s to drop H-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
>Nothing about France or England except that England got the Big Blitz Cock at one point
>Nothing about Russia except that tons of russians died so therefore russia did most of the work
>Nothing about Italy
>Nothing about Africa
>Nothing about shipping except Germany had TERRIFYING UBOATS which were undetectable and impossible to fight
>>
>>2693799
The rich (the ones that had plumbing) had the pipes made out of led.
The problem is that most people in that time didnt have plumbing.
>>
>>2700400
European here, about WW2; We learned literally nothing about the russian front but we were taught a lot about D-day and how the heroic Americans came and saved us from the ebil nazis. Really, D-day was emphasized very hard. When i learned later in life about the scale of the war on the russian front i was chocked.
>>
>>2694023
juice
>>
>>2693841
It would be realy rare for people to drink water, but still cool to know that all teatchers fail
>>
>there were no pants in the middle ages
>>
>>2700417
What country?
We only went over D-Day and pretty much nothing else.
>>
>>2700444
Sweden m8.

I'm also pretty sure we learned about D-day in English class for some reason.
>>
>>2694107
>vikings ate poisonous mushrooms to become berzerkers
They probably drank alcool an eate hallucinogenic mushroms to be stronger and have more tolerense for pain.
>>
>>2700466
the mushroom thing is a myth at best... No evidence for it. Although there were real berserkers and "going berserk" was outlawed in Norway during the viking age.
>>
>>2700433
Depends on what region you're talking about. Hoses aren't pants. Pants are for barbarians.
>>
>>2696560
>>2693808
Lead cauldrons were used to make defrutum, especially in the early days, but copper was always more common in the typical Roman household. Remember that well-read Romans DID know about lead toxicity in the era (the fact that they continued using it for their pipes regardless isn't that much of a mystery - lead piping was used in the west up until very recently and we certainly knew lead was toxic during most of that period). Copper itself isn't the safest thing in the world (when you consider grape juice is quite acidic) but it's a damn sight safer then lead.

You can make it yourself by boiling down grape skins for several hours, it's a very simple recipe. To this day people in Romagna make sapa/saba much the same way.
>>
>>2693908
>Aiding the Habsburgs at Vienna was a huge mistake
Assmad roach detected.
>>
>>2700559
The Habsburgs were partitioning Poland 89 years later.
>>
>>2700518
I forget what actually forms, but some type of lead oxide/hydrate forms at the water-lead surface of pipes that prevents lead from leeching into the water. Assuming that corroding materials aren't running through the pipes, they're relatively safe becuase of the layer.
Interestingly enough, the move to replace lead pipes created a situation for lead to enter water. If the lead pipe isnt completly replaced, the interface between the lead and the new metal wouldn't form the protective layer and would create a place for site of lead leakage.
>>
>>2694031
LOL nobody is even going to call out this jewish lie? It's so blatant it's not even funny. Just like the shrunken head at the nuremberg trials that conveniently disappeared after its authenticity was called into question
>>
>>2700720
So they got to choose betweeen getting taken over by fellow white Catholics or Muslim roaches... I would pick fella evite Catholics, but that's just me.
>>
>>2700877
Or you could leave them alone to fight each other.
>>
>>2700920
member when Poland was allied with the Ottomans
>>
File: 1484514541149.jpg (121 KB, 601x601)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>Holocaust was purely a scapegoat to unite the Germans
>>
>>2694141
Nope. Even in my APUSH class I was directly told by the teacher I would've been sent to "breeding camps" because I'm 'aryan'.
>>
File: Byzantium3.png (61 KB, 805x673)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>The Roman Empire ended in 476 AD.
>>
>>2694141
Germany here, had this happen in school. Our teacher even told us that it's a good thing when we don't look Aryan because that makes us less Nazi, pretty crazy shit in hindsight.
>>
File: modo antiquo1.jpg (125 KB, 480x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>2693772
>medieval armor was super heavy
I fucking own armor now, it's not even that tiring after you get used to the weight.

basically everything you "learn" about the medieval era is wrong
>>
>>2698122
Yeah sure why not?
>>
>>2693772
>King of England comes last in list of offices
>>
>>2701333
I mean that's subjective whether it was "heavy" or not...it depends on how 50 kilograms feels from person to person.
>>
>>2694107
What's your cunt, anon?
>>
>>2694199
When it comes to Vikings, you're right in that the origins of the word is the Norse word for 'pirate', and even they used it to describe raiding expeditions, but people nowadays use it to describe pretty much any Scandinavian sailor of the early Medieval period.

In truth, many historians believe that Scandinavian practices of raiding and trading went hand-in-hand. A crew of sailors may not have set out with the intent of solely raiding or solely trading, but rather brought with them some goods, some capital, and some weapons- if trading is more profitable, trade. If raiding is more profitable, raid. It's also widely believed that most Viking raids were directed by intelligence which was gathered by Norse traders.

And while it is true that the Norsemen did shitloads of peaceful trade with shitloads of people, it seems most of their wealth came from the Arabs, and most of what they traded with the Arabs were slaves.
>>
>>2701607
Specialized tournament armor could weigh that much but not what people actually fought in.
>>
>>2693811
the great schism wasn't even all that binding, its just the most dramatic date
>>
almost everything regarding native americans:

>europeans hated natives and treated them as sub-humans
>the natives were peaceful tree huggers until the white devil came and corrupted everything
>the natives were concerned about how europeans treated nature
>spaniards were worse than the aztecs
>they purposedly killed natives with smallpox blankets
>the religion of north american natives was nothing but feel good rainbows and sunshine

too many to list, the point is that they love to portray injuns as some kind of magical fairy tale people who can do no wrong
>>
>>2693838
>>"Okay kids, everyone who isn't blue eyed and blonde stand up. See? Hitler would've killed you."

I remember this being discussed.
>>2694011
Another favorite
>fascist economies require constant war
This ignores the Soviet Unions (communist) and the US' (capitalist) need for constant war and military buildup for their own economies, false dichotomy
>the economy would have failed
Conjecture regurgitated without figures or economic reasoning
>>
>>2697378
Except you're forgetting the blank check Germany gave Austria to pursue war with Serbia. This, combined with comments from several members of German high command about the necessity of pursuing war soon to guarantee their international position, and Germany's actions as the war began, all construct a really damning picture. While few wars are solely one person or nation's fault, Germany does bear a larger majority than any other nation for the outbreak of the war.
>>
>>2697435
30 mil is a more accurate estimate
>>
>>2694141
I'm from Uganda I can confirm this happened in my school.
>>
>>2694141
Yeah my teacher called me aryan. I'm an American and thinking back on it it's kind of fucked up we all had that same experience. Is it part of the curriculum or some shit? Do they recommend this shit to teachers?
>>
>>2702249
>Do they recommend this shit to teachers?
Probably not. It's just a common misconception that people take at face value because it fits the evil Nazis narrative, just like the idea that they planned to conquer the whole world or that Hitler started WW2 immediately after he rose to power.
>>
>>2693792
I don't belive you
>>
>>2694862
The Byzantines helped the Crusaders and had armies though.
>>
>>2695069
>destroying Baghdad is less important that taking one insignificant province
>>
>>2698122
WW2 had like 1/4 of the Russian population die I think.
>>
>>2700293
>Russia did all the heavy lifting
Not saying the US couldn't do it, but Russia did.
>>
>>2700417
>chocked
>>
>>2702557
That is what I was trying to say? I was saying the Crusaders were shit and get over glorified by /pol/crusaders.
>>
>>2694870
>steal christian clay
>christian clay
There's this meme again
Care to explain what "christian clay" is?
>>
>>2702618
Yeah, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention when I responded and thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry.
>>
>>2693965
Stop posting Cassius
>>
File: Hermann-Goering.jpg (40 KB, 615x410)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2699232
Well shit.
>>
File: ddh1789.jpg (65 KB, 566x286)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2693772
>Dark ages were dark
>that the eye of Providence above the revolutionary french constitution is free masonic
>>
>>2693908
>Lech Wałęsa
who?
>>
>>2702669
Sad.
Google Poland Solidarity
>>
>>2702669
A figurehead of an anti-communist movement who turned out to be a commie agent. Nobody cares because he's a simpleton with nothing remarkable about him.
>>
>>2699093
And I guess nobody stood up
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (80 KB, 484x528)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>2700293
>WW1
>America pushed everyone into doing it

What the fuck?
They were the great power that didn't want to get involved but Germany forced their hand with sinking American ships and the Zimmerman telegram.
>>
>>2702699
Except for Mengele's twins.
>>
>>2693772
>The Mughal Empire fell because wine
>The ancient Egyptians were mainly Dark skinned Africans
>Zoroastrians Believe God is fire
>The Indus Valley Civilization had survived for a millenia without weapons
>Jinnah was a conservative
>>
>>2702732
> The ancient Egyptians were mainly dark skinned Africans

Literally WE
>>
>>2702706
No you see America wanted to profit and get influence.
Duh.
>>
>>2693772
Ww2 was about the jews
>>
>>2694141
No it happened to me. Kike brainwashing. They told us the only brown eyed and dark haired people that lived were the strongest or the ones with Aryan features. Also told us Jews were turned into lampshades.

It's why I deny it today. The kikes have ruined everything.
>>
>>2699214
Athens were cool but look at how living next door to barbarian-tier sparta worked out for them.
>>
>>2699328
Post them.
inb4 yeti-tier quality
>>
>>2702744
I mean they did make a large chunk of the work force and military.
>>
>>2694325
>>The Catholic Church prosecuted science as opposed to fostering it for centuries
Look up Copernicus, CC thought the earth was the centre of the world and the sun and everything else was going around it.
I can see how someone could mistake this and the planet being flat, since they're both retarded.
>>
>>2702709
That's in Brazil.
>>
File: Boudicca_(Civ5).jpg (800 KB, 1920x1080)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
>>2694578
>>England was un-inhabited before Rome came
wut




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.