[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1505362449630.jpg (39 KB, 720x729)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Can I get a rundown on the history of Christianity plz /his/
>>
In one word, "schism".
>>
>>3499344
Whats the difference between the colours on the flow chart?
>>
>>3499410
Different branches? Like Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, Catholic, Lutheran, Reformed, and whatever you call that mess of denominations Anglophones have produces in the past 500 years. If it's confusing, I have a simplified chart for you.
>>
>>3499315
Dude, it's 2000 years old, not even including the Old Testament. But here's a good look at the geography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h0zTWHQGP4
>>
>>3499410

It's a little odd that you can't glean 90% of your own answer just by looking at the image. You sound like a high-schooler who doesn't know the world. I'm not a Christian but the the basic structure of the color code is pretty clear:

top blue: Jeebus himself (everything else being derivative).
Green: ancient/orthodoxy, eastern traditions, held as closest, most authentic christianity.
Purple-y bits: Catholicism.
Yellow bits: Lutheranism, O.G. Protestantism.
Other Blue Bits: closely related Protestantism, pre-dating Luther but not as big of a historical meme (I first learned of the historical position of the Moravians like a year ago)
Beige-brown bits: clearly the various offshoots of Lutheran protestantism.
Orangey-red bits: clearly the Anglo offshoots of Catholicism which became part of Protestantism general
Bottome blue meme-thing: ??? (Undiscovered Worlds)

Just paying attention in school and living in western civilization itself should have given you the clues on most of this already anon. shame on you.
>>
File: hmm.png (264 KB, 574x600)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>3499470
>Just paying attention in school and living in western civilization itself should have given you the clues on most of this already anon. shame on you.

This really got me thinkin'.
>>
>>3499344
What the hell is "Grace Communion Int'l" and why does it look like it came out of nowhere?
>>
>>3499315
Why would you want to hurts thuggers superbrain son?
>>
>>3499315
It showed up out of nowhere, and fucking decimated Rome.
Then the world went to shit for thousands of years, The End.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.