[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Thucydides_pushkin02.jpg (849 KB, 860x1283)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
Exactly what liberties were the Athenians so worried about losing to the Persians?
>>
the right to own slaves
>>
>>3499637
Right to boipussy
>>
>>3499637

1. THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE CONQUERED TO "AVOID LOSING LIBERTIES", BUT TO AVOID LOSING THEIR INDEPENDENCE.

2. "ANCIENT ATHENIANS" DID NOT HAVE A CONCEPT OF "LIBERTIES"; YOU ARE ANACHRONISTICALLY PROJECTING YOUR OWN PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS; THINK BEFORE ARTICULATING WHATEVER TRANSCURS THROUGH YOUR MIND.

3. IF YOU CANNOT INTUITIVELY COMPREHEND WHY WOULD A PEOPLE NOT WANT TO BE CONQUERED BY ANOTHER, ANY DISCOURSE WITH YOU IS FUTILE.
>>
Liberty to keep their women from leaving the house.

Man, how times have changed.
>>
>>3499637
"Dude, fight my war against the Lydians for me, lmao." - Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""""
"Wtf no, fuck off." - Ionians
"OMG I'M SO BUTTHURT, I'LL PUT TYRANTS IN POWER!" - Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""
>>
>>3499798
Tyrants in greece doesnt mean something bad
>>
File: 1507275303461.jpg (20 KB, 289x440)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
They just wanted to no be subjects, that's it. Nobody wants to pay some faggy dude in eyeliner a million drachmes a year so he doesn't burn your city down.
>>
>>3499974
Sources that Persian used eyeliner, pls
>>
>>3499988
300 counts as a primary source
>>
>>3499992
>quads
Looks true to me.
>>
>>3499988
They wear kohl to this day
>>
>>3500003
whoa
wait let’s see who it was >>3500000
>>
>>3499637
the right to not have your city burnt to the ground, all your men slain, and all your women and children sold into slavery.
>>
>>3499649
>>3499847
Look guys I don't know what the fucking I'm talking about xDxD
>>
>>3499798
>Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""""
>killed by a barbarian queen
kek.
so this is Persian Power?
not bad.
>>
>>3500253
Look it up, speedracer
It means someone who took power by force
>>
>>3499637
Self-determination.
Parrhesia - the right to have a say in their country's governance.
The right to consider themselves superior to everyone else.
>>
File: well memed.jpg (141 KB, 803x688)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>3500256
F*rsians eternally BTFO
>>
>>3500336
No, it means any ruler that operates outside the Politeia. Peisistratus took power once by finding a really tall woman and convincing people that she was Athena and that she wanted him to be tyrant.
>>
>>3500256
Even Herodotus said that story is probably fake.
>>
They'd lose their independence and authority? Citizenship meant something in Athens beyond tax status and work/immigration rights, you know.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.