[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Mussolini.jpg (70 KB, 620x348)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>wants to restore Roman Empire
>invades Ethiopia

I don't get it. When was Ethiopia part of the Roman Empire?
>>
>>3964778
They didnt want the exact same territories as much as they just wanted to emulate the imperial power of rome. They had their own living space ideal called Spazio Vitale, but unlike the Germans, they werent based on racial genocidal aryan stuff. The African territories were to just going to be part of their empire and would retain their own culture. Asmara was billed as "New Rome" and was going to be the heart of their Imperial territory and the place still spouts its Italian futurist aesthetics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KNpsb4DWw
>>
Pretty sure they had Ethiopia before Mussolini took over.
>>
File: IMG_001.jpg (84 KB, 976x549)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
It was not, because the r*Mans feared the BL√ĄCK warrior
>>
>>3964837
no. Italy invaded it in 1935 under Mussolinis orders
>>
>>3964778
they wanted qtblackgfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxn5v1KZWe4
>>
>>3964911
Who doesn't?
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (100 KB, 720x834)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>3964778
Are you unaware of the Origins of Rome?
>>
No more brother wars!
>>
>>3965020
I guarantee this was a /pol/tard falseflagging to get (You)s. There were several /v/ threads where they bragged about shitting up Origins Steam forums.
>>
>>3964778
All the big players had African colonies and Italy wanted to feel like a big boy. So they went to conquer whatever was left.
>>
>>3964798
>unlike the Germans, they werent based on racial genocidal aryan stuff. The African territories were to just going to be part of their empire and would retain their own culture.

They would kill natives though in larger numbers once settlers started to ramp up in numbers (and it did for a time) and they did massacre Libyan and ethiopians in large numbers.

Culturally they loved their African subjects
>>
>>3964778

Ethiopia was the only place in Africa that hadn't already been claimed by another European power.
>>
File: never ever.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>3964911
>tfw Germany took world war II very seriously meanwhile it was just banter and hunting exotic pussy for the Italians
>>
>>3964778
Because Italians would have been btfo'ed by any non-shithole military.
>>
>>3965363
Do we have any other reason to do things?
>>
>>3965356
>Culturally they loved their African subjects

Not loved I mean despised or shat on their Africa subjects. I remember one old Eritrean man had a story where one time as a boy he was crossing a street with large distance between him and an car driving by. Then suddenly the Italian man in the car drove up to him and had a huge tantrum over the boy having "no respect" for not waiting patently until the man drove by.
>>
>>3964778
desu that's a pretty cool hat.
>>
>>3965310
kek
>>
>>3965862
>had a huge tantrum over the boy having "no respect" for not waiting patently until the man drove by.
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
File: ameribear.jpg (24 KB, 244x209)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>3964837
i wonder who made this post...
>>
>>3965862
>>3966159

That's not racism, that's just how italians act in general.

t. Croat

You cannot imagine how much they're loathed purely due to the way they act.

On another note:

>be shithole
>about to be blessed by the white man and turned into something normal
>nevermind, it's the italians
>business as usual
>>
>>3964778
Reminder that Italy unironically improved the situation in Ethiopia by outlawing slavery and even Haile Selassie was impressed by it
>>
File: ANGRY BOBBY.png (140 KB, 318x405)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>3965862
>not waiting patently until the man drove by.
Fucking savage nigger, he got off easy.
>>
>>3965862
He should have just said he was walkin' ere'
>>
>>3966384
kekd
>>
>>3964798
Africa was largely empty back then, so there was no need to exterminate the few locals. Jewish NGOs were yet to pump the continent with white man medicine leading to Africans population explosion.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.