[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: montypython3.jpg (29 KB, 570x314)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
What's God's justification for babies born with skin cancer?
>>
>>4135066
he deserved it because his ancestor ate the forbidden fruit
>>
>>4135066
babies are designations, illusions; spooks - if you will
>>
File: 1491670001302.jpg (14 KB, 251x242)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>grug no like thing
>skyman cant exist if thing i no like exist
>>
>>4135075
So you're saying god isn't all loving?
>>
>>4135080
no hes saying god is a cunt
>>
>>4135072
Bit of a dick head then isn't he
>>
>>4135084
Well if he’s a cunt then why worship him?
>>
File: truth.png (11 KB, 626x234)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>4135080
Yes, he is omnihating.
>>
>>4135095
See
>>4135088
>>
>>4135088
He'll burn you for all eternity otherwise
>>
>>4135066
Random chance its not God's fault DNA isnt perfect.
>>
>>4135116
This sounds like an actual Christian's justification for baby skin cancer.

>The absolute state of Christianity

So. Why didn't God make DNA better?
>>
>>4135102
What if Thor or some other god will protect me? Why should he have power over me because when I don’t care for god and such?
>>
>>4135116
It isn't random. You should've been more accurate with exactly how you made a child. A bit more left and it is other spermling who win the race.
>>
>>4135075
How much of a failure must one be before one bases fundamental convictions based on what will give you the best reputation on an anonymous image board? Did you ever took a step back and looked at how pathetic you are?
>>
>>4135124
Why make is better? You have to remember you were born from the randomness of DNA simply changing it in one way would have made you nor any human that existed in history ever exist.
>>4135129
So its random because it could be any of the millions of sperm in your jizz shot and you forgot the ovum that becomes the child might have fucked up genes too.
>>
>>4135066
god create matter and soul
>>
>>4135127
Thor is weak. You need at least someone like Shiva.
>>
>>4135142

Wat?
Why not just remove the baby skin cancer bit of DNA?
>>
>>4135075
>Man with funny hat read old book to Grug
>Grug now believe in skydaddy, Grug going to cave in the sky
>>
God allows tragedy and suffering on Humanity because of the transgressions of Adam and Eve. This does not mean he hates humanity, because even though humanity suffers, God's chosen people (and through the sacrifice of Christ, possibly all humanity) still have the option of experiencing paradise in Heaven at His feet.
God is not obligated to do whatever you want just because of your preconception of Love and Omnipotence.

t. Atheist
>>
because its funny, just don't get it yet.
>>
>>4135134
projecting there pal?
>>
>>4135116
>all powerful
>everything is part of His plan
>but can’t control DNA because god was a good boy who dindu muffin
You do know what all-powerful means right?
>>
>>4135157
Why even create life if he knows the majority of it will spend eternity in hell? Sounds fucking sadistic.
>>
>>4135116
>Random chance
pretty sure by definition everything is as he wants it.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 193x261)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>4135134
It isn't just an image board. This is a place where well-educated researchers from all cultural, political and national backgrounds can participate in a fair and balanced discussion, based on the credible source material.
>>
>>4135152
Because it would mean redesigning the very biochemistry of DNA itself meaning we would never exist because we are the result of that randomness you dumbass.

Most christfags are brainlets who cant comprehend moral neutrality so they try to find any good reason for shit that happens in life.
>>
>>4135163
Aboit what?
>>
>>4135165
Because it doesnt want to, is that clear enough for you? You are animated carbon it constructed by creating the laws of physics and chemistry to somehow allow you to exist deal with your base mechanics.
>>
>>4135174
>well-educated researchers
>based on the credible source material
Thisbetter be bait
>>
File: 1491671698685.jpg (1.1 MB, 971x3604)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>4135174
>>
>>4135116
>creates DNA with possibility of errors
>not responsible for it
>>
>>4135066
Temporary problem caused by the fall of man and cured by God for the child in question, living in heaven in bliss forever.

You people kill me.

You pretend to be so worried about the savage who never heard the gospel, or the child born with bone cancer, but the children's lives are infinitely better than yours, and you don't give one single fuck about a savage who never heard the gospel.

You have heard the gospel, and rejected God.

You get what you get for that. So stop whining.
>>
>>4135175
Morality is good and evil, so there is no neutral morality, you insipid fuck.
>>
I dont believe in God individually crafting every lifeform I believe all living things are random.
>>
OP here

>>4135189

So you're answer to the question:

"Why doesn't God prevent baby skin cancer?"

Is:

"Because he doesn't want to"

Do we have anything else or is that the peak of Christian philosophy?
>>
>>4135220
Who said DNA was created with the possibility of errors? You?

You have a sample of Adam and Eve from before the Fall of Man?

yeah, stfu.
>>
>>4135233
Because God turns what was meant for evil into good.

It's what he does.

Your futile rebellion against him led by the most pathetic being in the universe already failed, and here you are attempting to impugn the Almighty.

You get what you deserve.
>>
>>4135229
Good, Evil and Neutral are morality.

Good-helping people
Evil-torturing people
Neutral-Obeying your parents
>>
>>4135230
So God isn't all powerful or all knowing?
>>
>>4135233
Well I mean what else could it be?
>>
>>4135237
I can say the opposite too. The fall of man is a story about why things are good and bad. Adam and eve didn't actually exist.
>>
File: 7DxFujX.png (21 KB, 485x443)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>4135243
>Neutral-Obeying your parents
>>
>>4135066
Because the baby will go to heaven if it dies, and it won't have to see this awful excuse for a world.
>>
>>4135241
Bait or insanity? You know a reply isn't automatically an answer?
>>
>>4135170
you do understand that in Revelations iirc its stated that God will rescue the souls trapped in Hell after the Apocalypse.

Also don't ask why an omnipotent, omniscient being will do things as if you can comprehend its motivations. That's just asinine.
>>
>>4135247
Then why worship him?
>>
>>4135251
Adam and Eve also would have no DNA since they were constructed from nowhere not out of genetic randomness.
>>
>>4135253
Then why not send us all to heaven?
>>
>>4135243
> Obeying your parents
Pretty sure it is lawful.
>>
>>4135243
You're an idiot. Sorry to have to be the one to help you with that realization.
>>
>>4135255
Revelation is jewish bullshit prophecies.
>>
>>4135251
Yes, you can be an idiot and lie as much as you want.

And then pay the price for it.
>>
>>4135253
Then why not kill it immediately like he does with people that withhold his shekels? Why such a painfull way to relieve a child?
>>
>>4135262
Obeying parents is a mindless instinct in humans making it morally neutral.
>>
Why isnt everything perfect??? Why wont god just give me a gf??? Because there is no god and if he were real he doesnt deserve my love!!
>>
>>4135254
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

I'll say it again.

The child born with bone cancer who suffers every day for five years and dies has a better existence than you will.
>>
God gives us our souls in our mother's womb. After that, we're open season for the world. He doesn't intervene because that would impede on our free will. For example, if you pray to get promoted at your job, to fulfill that request directly, God would have to change your boss's mind that you aren't the best candidate. That would fuck over the guy who's the best candidate. I'm not exactly sure about natural disasters and stuff not caused by humans, but it seems like God probably has similar reasoning for that. If no one suffered, then there would be no one to help, which is kind of the main thing you do to get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Divine intervention is rare and mostly used for making a point.
>>
>>4135261
Because you're dead, and there is no place for the dead in the Kingdom of the Living.
>>
>>4135255
So you're answer to the question of why God let's babies have skin cancer is:
"Shut up don't question it it probably makes sense..."
>>
>>4135268
>if you disagree with me you're a liar
>>
>>4135267
the entire book is jewish bullshit prophecies ya mong. You asked for an answer, I gave it.
>>
>>4135270
It's one of the 10 Commandments of God, the only objective basis for morality.
>>
>>4135278
If you lie, you're a liar.
>>
>>4135261
Most of us don't deserve it
>>
>>4135066
Something something genetics or something. Whether they meet their end soon or not doesn't really matter as they would either go to hell or Heaven.
>>
>>4135280
>Objective morality
Get out
>>
>>4135269
The more painful the death the higher of the seven heavens they get
>>
makes me sad that people have such a hard time understanding people that have different axioms from them.
>>
>>4135277
No, my answer was that God punished humans for falling to temptation in the Garden of Eden with curses of suffering and tragedy, but that doesn't contradict his love for us as evidenced by the admission of the faithful into Heaven. Earthly suffering is irrelevant in comparison to the joys of Heaven, and by transcending that suffering through Faith we gain admission.

Ignoring an answer doesn't dispute an answer. I'm also not saying I believe this crap.
>>
File: Karl Brandt 2000% mad.png (432 KB, 401x791)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>4135066
>babies born with skin cancer?
>>
The pain we experience brings us closer to God, makes our souls. God loves us and by experiencing pain we are able to move from his image to his likeness.
>>
>>4135288
Go to hell.
>>
>>4135301
Admission does not come by suffering through faith, but by a confession of faith that Jesus is Lord, risen from the dead.

You are correct that the sufferings of this life are nothing next to the joys of heaven, and are nothing next to the horrors of hell.
>>
>>4135315
Go home Mother Teresa. You're evil.
>>
>>4135293
Why post this? You know it'snot convincing, we both know you don't believe this, *I* also know xtians don't believe this.

Do you realise if you commit to christlarping enough to give retarded answers people will just think you're retarded?
>>
>>4135175
>modifying DNA erases all of humanity
This is what Christcucks ACTUALLY believe
Gene modified humans already exist you retard
>>
>>4135329
I'm not even Christian I'm a Muslim. Also, I am not Christlarping
>>
>>4135324
Suffering leads people towards admission, is a better way of saying it.
>>
>>4135315
More like God knows we are monkeys motivated by instant gratification and not motivated by pain.
>>
>>4135336
They are modified to be a core of the satan army, google gene chips, this is a thing.
>>
>>4135066
wait, is that karl marx?
>>
File: 1518307003274.jpg (453 KB, 1063x1063)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>4135066
my 100% fucked in head Orthodox Christian mother says that children with diseases are punishment from G-d to their parents
then I ask her, for what crimes did G-d punish children of good friends of our family with deafness? they are Christian as well! that question she can't answer...
>>
>>4135341
You can say it however you want. It's wrong.
>>
>>4135127
>puny thunder god
>protect you from capital G God
lol
>>
>>4135341
>towards submission
You mean
>>
>>4135351
It's in the bible. They asked if a blind man sinned, or his parents sinned, for him to be born blind. Jesus said that neither was the case. The man was born blind because sin entered the world and fucked everything up. It's not how things were created, it's not how things are supposed to be, and it's not how things will ultimately be.
>>
>>4135356
to be clear, I'm not stating that its a theological core of Christianity, its just a general trend that's been used by various Christian theologians to justify to an ignorant and demanding audience why suffering exists at all.
Setting people up in torture camps doesn't increase their Salvation Points or something, that's not what I'm saying.
>>
>>4135066
Maybe he just loves all life equally?
>>
>>4135127
You need Odin to take on the Big G and even I doubt he can beat him since I dont know shit about Norse mythos.
>>
>>4135066
"Lel, ded bebe!"
>>
File: 1414154815202.jpg (144 KB, 1219x632)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
The trials and tribulations you experience are the reason you're able to experience a life with meaning at all. we should all see that baby's with skin cancer is a problem we have in our power to solve with the tools we've been given, yet everybody's spending their time harping on about it on a Paraguayan Siamese Dolphin and Don Quixote Fanart board. So is it really God's problem, or yours?
>>
>>4135170
>Sounds fucking sadistic.
No one cares how you think things sound.
>>
>>4135374
I'll tell you why suffering exists. It's not difficult to figure out. Just imagine that there is no suffering at all after the Fall of Man.

You are born, everyone is healthy, nobody suffers. The land is not cursed, men and women are not cursed, everything is much better than it is today. You grow up, go to school, find a mate, get a job, have some children, and live out your life in peace and quiet.

Then you die and are cast into a Lake of Fire forever.

That's why there exists suffering, and the curses on men, women, the land, etc. To tell you something is wrong. To tell you there is a problem. To tell you that the world is not right, that there is something fundamentally broken at a level you cannot even experience, but know to be there.

Suffering is there so that you might not end up suffering forever.
>>
Reminder that it is not the suffering of babies and their parents that motivates atheists, but the hatred of God's authority. Atheists in actual fact do not mind that sick children suffer, quite the opposite. Atheists PREFER that dying children suffer and go out of their way to increase the suffering of that child and it's parents. This is why they take savage glee in stripping the dignity from death, turning the passing of a loved one into a bureaucratic exercise in the disposal of biological waste.
>>
>>4135066
God, implying he exsists, doesn't pull the string on the universe. He doesn't babysit it. He doesn't operate it.
He made it a long time ago, and has been watching ever since.
>>
>>4135719
He could be made it without cancer.
>>
>>4135731
If you want to live in the world God existed that will never have cancer, that we call heaven, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
>>
>>4135743
What if I will change my mind and would want some cancer? Can I get it in heaven or leave heaven and get it on a mortal plane?
>>
>>4135134
What does he mean by this¿
>>
>>4135754

DO SOMETHING.
>>
>>4135066
>God creates the entire universe
>Is expected to take every individual lifeform by the hand
>>
>>4135771
And the problem is? Surely he is strong enough and can be trusted to act in our best interests.
>>
>>4135066
To show why pregnant women shouldn't give give their baby a matching tan
>>
>>4135656
My god people like you actually exist.
I'm gonna hit you with something dank, I'm an atheist and don't think or do any of those things.
Why even post that?
You're generalising an entire group of people in such a specific way?
You just make Christian's how have something clever to contribute like:

>>4135545

Look bad.

On that note thanks >>4135545 for an actual response. Problem is it relies on me actually thinking original sin is anything other than a fucking cop out.
Do all Christian's really just accept that we have inherited sin BECAUSE PEOPLE AT APPLES?
Like baby skin cancer is justified because a distant ancestor commited a sin?
Also if you're gonna say original sin is true it's quite hard to deny the rest of Old Testament which is like half nonsense.
>>
>>4136097
*Who
*Ate

Sorry it's late and my hands are covered in semen
>>
>>4135771
Then he isn't omnipotent is he.
>>
File: 1517829242601.jpg (37 KB, 833x874)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
I do have a question for any willing Christians out there that I really want an answer to and I'm pretty sure exists I'm just not that hot on metaphysics.

1. God wants to create life with free will
2. God knows the future
3. Therefore he knows that if he creates life with free will the vast majority of them will reject his message (for whatever reason doesn't really matter) and be condemned to eternal suffering
4. Does it anyway
5. ???

Why he do it?
>>
>>4135515
>you need suffering to have a good life
Explain why sociopaths are successful yet can barely even feel a level of sadness close to suffering.
>>
>>4136160
Sadness isn't suffering, they feel suffering and sadness too.
>>
>>4135066
>God
>requiring justification for anything
nice try, atheist scum
>>
>>4136174
What about the baby's suffering?
And if God wants to help us lead a good life with suffering how come he fucking kills people?
Who in the fuck was helped by a medieval plague?
No one learnt from it, it was just needless suffering.
It's a valid point but it means you need to find a reason for every bit of suffering that's ever existed.
2 hard
>>
>>4136187
> Who in the fuck was helped by a medieval plague?
The people who survived and negotiated better wages because of less workforce supply.
>>
>>4136178
Christians are literally the real cucks.

Why subject yourself to that level of worthlessness?
Also, why do you lower your God to some greedy shit who only wants blind unquestioning followers?
>>
>>4136097
>I'm gonna hit you with something dank, I'm an atheist and don't think or do any of those things.

Of course you do, you just don't realize you do it because you've never worked out the ramifications of your atheism to their logical conclusions. What exactly do you think happens when you remove all the ceremony around disposing of the dead and have reduced a human body to worthless meat? What's the difference between a corpse and trash in an atheist bureaucracy? You can already see the evidence of this callous indifference taking hold of atheist societies.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/dutch-law-organ-donor-opt-53049960
The default position is that your body is just a set of chops to be redistributed as the butchers of the state see fit. Nevermind that the carcass being rendered was once a person, none of that matters because it's all just interchangeable dead meat!

Do you think our theistic ancestors would have stood for a society where state sanctioned ghouls steal the bodies of your loved ones away to be stripped down for parts unless they are explicitly told not to?
>>
>>4136191
(Ignores all the other suffering that's ever existed)
If you really want to try and solve the evidential problem of evil you're welcome to mang.

Let's start small: why do pancreas' explode?
>>
>>4136202
Why do you pretend to care about the injustice of suffering when you're argument inherently increases the suffering in the world?
>>
There is no difference between religion and atheism anyway.
>>
>>4135340
Based
>>
>>4136198
>Thinks dead bodies shouldn't be harvested for organs in order to save living people and reducing suffering
What would your all loving God think about that?

Also as you lower the body into the ground in Christianity you literally state:
"Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust."
As one of the key messages of Christianity is that the body is only a temporary earthly vessel while the body is "on loan" from God. Which is the point I would use to counter what I said about how the body isn't really that important in Christian doctrine relative to the soul except you appear to literally only care about the preservation of corpses and have said nothing about the soul or a heavenly body at all.
Why do you care about corpses?
>>
>>4136209
I'm a lil slow so can you help me out as to why this theological debate is increasing the amount of suffering in the world?
>>
>>4136097
No, you don't know what happened at the Fall of Man. You have been told false information about what "original sin" means.

God told Adam and Eve the day they disobeyed and ate the fruit, they would die. That day. Dead.

And yet they lived for centuries afterwards, having dozens of children. So did God lie? Empty threat? Change his mind? Get it wrong?

No. The day that Adam and Eve ate the fruit, two things happened. One, they gained the knowledge of good and evil. And two, they died. That very day.

The reason you do not know how they died is that you are also dead, and do not know it. You are physically alive, and have never considered the fact that you are spiritually dead. You have not the Breath of Life, the Holy Spirit of God, within you, as Adam and Eve did, before they sinned. Before they died.

And being spiritually dead, they could only make children in their spiritually dead image. had God done nothing, all of humanity would be born in Adam and Eve's spiritually dead image, and all of humanity would be condemned to death. And not just physical death, but spiritual death, what we call the second death, which is an eternity of punishment in a lake of fire, also known as Hell.

That's why people go to hell. They were born into a fallen and depraved race of beings who rebelled against God and lost, and joining the losing side, suffer the same fate as the leader of that rebellion, the fallen angel known as satan, or lucifer.

Get the notion of "apples" out of your head. The fruit they ate was unique, and has never again been seen by mankind. But you inherited their knowledge of good and evil, and you inherited the gospel of satan, which tells you to know good and evil, choose good, avoid evil, and thus be like God.

And in that manner, you damn yourself to what you deserve, as a member of a fallen class of spiritually dead losers in a war that rages about you, of which you are unfortunately unaware.
>>
File: 1517838657034.jpg (73 KB, 580x795)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>4136229
>>
>>4136145
It's best to set out two points. One, the highest ideal in the Universe is Love, freely given, and freely received. That is the goal of God, Who is Love, and that is going to be the reason He creates anything at all. Love, freely given, and freely received.

So let's look at the possibilities.
1. No creation. No love freely given or received.
2. Automaton creation. No love freely given or received.
3. Pollyanna creation, where everyone always does good. No love freely given or received.
4. This creation, with free will moral agents who can choose to freely love, and freely accept love, because there are alternatives. There is the alternative to not love God. There is the alternative to not receive God's love. And thus the free will act of accepting God's love, and loving God back, and loving God's creation, can and does exist, and is in fact the highest ideal manifested in reality. Love, freely given, and freely received.
>>
>>4135127
He is THE God. His domain is everything and he is omnipotent
>>
>>4136194
Literally becoming joint heir with God Almighty is the absolute opposite of what your worthless opinion says becoming a child of God entails.
>>
>>4136236
Get the fuck off the board.
>>
>>4136242
Pascal's wager is such a shit reason to be religious though.
You're a Christian not because you've thought through and weighed up the arguments but because "muh union with God" sounds too good to pass up.
Sounds like I've got a better shot of getting into heaven than you desu
>>
>>4136258
Who said anything about that shit but you?
>>
>>4136258
>"muh union with God" sounds too good to pass up.

YES, IT REALLY IS.
>>
>>4136258
>Sounds like I've got a better shot of getting into heaven than you desu

Me: Guaranteed.

You: Only if you are saved between today and the end of your life, which could be today.

I don't like your odds.
>>
>>4136239
That's a pretty good solve, nice.
Are we not considering suffering as a counterbalance to this though?
Like sure love is great and important but doesn't that mean the opposite is true and suffering is bad and should be avoided?
And as such, by creating a world with moral agents he has made far more suffering than love?
>>
>>4136264
>>4136263

The worst kind of Christian.
Really? That's it?
Heaven is just so juicy you're not even gonna consider any alternatives?
God just ran the works best fucking AD campaign.
>>
>>4136280
*Worlds
>>
>>4136262

You: God so good we shouldn't question anything
Me: Doesn't that make believing in God a bit silly and worthless as he could say anything and you have to accept it?
You: No because if you're a Christian you get to go to heaven

That's Pascal's wager
>>
>>4136227
It's quite simple.
Theology is the evolved metaphysical organ which shields our psyche from the ramifications of recognizing our own mortality. By attacking and destroying that organ you force the psyche of your victims to endure the full onslaught of the apparent nihilism of the universe thereby increasing their suffering above the normal background levels of the human condition.

In short, it's not enough for you that the parents of the dying child lose their child and suffer accordingly, you believe they must also know that the suffering of their child is arbitrary, that when their child is dead it is effectively removed from existence entirely forever, and the only reward for enduring this indignity that they can look forward to is the promise if more arbitrary suffering in the future.
>>
>>4136268
In order to properly execute our free will moral agency, there needs to be apparent alternatives. In this case, the alternative was to follow the devil and the devil's gospel. Doing so introduced death into the world, and pain, and suffering, and curses, and disease, etc. That was the natural consequence of our forefather's choice.

As suffering is a natural consequence of sin, in a world where there is no sin, there will be no suffering.

As a corollary to the above, as it states in the bible, no greater love is there than a man lay down his life for another. But who does this? Maybe for a righteous man, one would die.

But Christ proved his love for us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. He lay down his life for all of humanity, so that we all need not suffer the natural consequences of Adam's rebellion and sin.

That is the greatest act of love ever expressed in this universe, where Love freely given and freely received is the highest ideal.

You could say that God created this universe just so that he could perform the greatest act of love possible.

As to pain and suffering and loss and the damned, there are costs and benefits associated with every endeavor. God weighed the costs and benefits of proceeding with the creation of this universe and obviously found that the benefits outweighed the costs.

Our job, and it is our only job, is to be a benefit to God, and not a cost.
>>
>>4136280
That's correct. Because the alternative is dark, on fire forever, never dying, and hearing nothing but the screams of the damned and demons wailing.

You can choose that for yourself. That is within your power.
>>
>>4136286
Who said anything about not questioning shit but you?
>>
>>4136263
When someone falls in love with a fictional character we call them waifufags. Christfags are self-deluded morons who tricked themselves into feeling love from a fictional character, and use those emotional feelies as proof to themself of their beliefs, in a self-perpetuating feedback loop of delusion.
>>
>>4136287
Surprisingly in this case the longer the words the more stupid you sound.
I do understand what you're saying though, my girlfriend's aunt just died of cancer and the last thing I should tell her (as an atheist) is that her aunt is just rotting in the ground as opposed to in heaven in paradise.
This is true and ensures I still get my dick sucked.
But it doesn't mean Christianity is right.
>>
>>4136187
>they feel suffering
No psychopaths have weak emotions they can feel the same shit as us EXCEPT guilt but only slightly more primal emotions like anger and hatred seems to be stuck in their noggins. A psycho can feel sad as in boo hoo I didnt get what I want but to feel despair or depression is impossible for their brains. Thats why psychos have a trivial look on sadness they think well you cry and get over it they dont get that sadness can stick with people.
>>
>>4136302
When someone falls in love with their Creator, we call them a Christian.
>>
>>4136307
Jesus is God.
Jesus rose from the dead.
Therefore Christianity is right.
>>
>>4136295
LITERALLY A QUOTE FROM YOU.
>"God
>requiring justification of anything"

What even are Christians
>>
>>4135127
Because Thor isn't real, dumbfuck. Only one God exists and he hates you.
>>
>>4135066
They would've grown up to be you.
>>
>>4136313
Stop making Christians look bad
>>
>>4136290
>"Obviously found the benefits outweighed the costs"

Do you know how many non-Christians are currently suffering eternal torment in hell?

Seems like the wrong choice
>>
>>4136313
>Therefore Christianity is right.
What?
>>
>>4136347
>Do you know how many non-Christians are currently suffering eternal torment in hell?
He condemned billions.
>>
>>4136294
Worst reason to be a Christian.
Why aren't you a religion where hell is just being tickled or something?
If your only reason for being religious is "hell sucks" then go be a religion where hell doesn't suck.
Literally go out there and find the most efficient religion to ensure you have the best afterlife possible.

This is why the muh heaven argument is such a shit one and why I think God would frown upon believers who do so for this reason alone.
>>
>>4136320
That's not me dude.
>>
>>4136326
That post fails to make Christians look bad.

Nor do I care overly much how the world perceives Christians, knowing what the world did to Jesus.
>>
>>4136347
Yes, more than there are people in heaven.

So assigning each 1 unit is false under God's economy.
>>
>>4136363
Christianity is based on 2 things, and 2 things only.
1. Jesus is God.
2. Jesus rose from the dead.
>>
>>4136310
A dog barks at its own reflection thinking it's another dog. Human beings can do the same thing in their brains, only the difference is that dogs learn to stop. To call Christians as dumb as dogs is an insult to dogs.
>>
As a side note, few things make me happier in life than earning this screen shot
>>
>>4136374
It's one of the best, actually. A few trillion years on fire may change your mind.
>>
>>4136397
Dogs know their creator, and they know their master.

You know neither.
>>
>>4136399
Get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>4135066
God doesn't involve himself in the day-to-day of the people. He'll send those babies through for another run, to be properly judged, perhaps.
>>
>>4136307
>But it doesn't mean Christianity is right.
I never claimed it did.
My sole argument is that atheists don't actually care about suffering, even if they make a big show of complaining how cruel God is for allowing suffering to exist.
>>
>>4136381
Sorry then m8
I'm replying to like 5 things so I just assumed the quote chains were the same people following the same arguments.
>>
>>4136401
Dogs cant conceptualize the idea of creation you fucktard.
>>
>>4136409
Bit of a generalisation then.
I didn't tell her that her aunt's rotting in the ground cause in a decent guy and do care about suffering.
I just wish god did too
>>
>>4136415
They absolutely can, and do.

Proof?

The all answered the call to get on Noah's ark.
>>
>>4136422
Her physical body is.

If she's saved, she's in heaven with Jesus.

If she's not saved, she's in Hades/Sheol awaiting trial to prove to God that she is "like he is". She'll fail that, as will they all, and be cast into the lake of fire, to be remembered no more.
>>
>>4136400
And you worship this guy without thinking he's a complete cunt?
Or do you accept that he's a cunt and do it anyway.
>>
>>4136424
No they cant dogs cannot comprehend the idea of create, dogs never think "hmm where did the human get that food from?" no they just think "FOOD FOOD YUMMY!". Also you omega retard every animal except humans are atheist.
>>
>>4136433
Ignoring what I said desu but whatever.
Nah my girlfriend's family is super religious so if God does exist she chillin.
Bringing it back on topic, I wonder if when she's in heaven she'll ask God why she gave her stomach cancer, blood cancer and a brain tumor.
Furthermore, why he felt the need to give her false hope with 4 months of remission before taking away her ability to shit.
>>
Anyway most of the atheist arguing in this thread has just been me and desu I've really enjoyed it guys.
Unfortunately I still don't quite grasp why baby skin cancer exists but I do understand it a bit better.
It's almost 2am and I have a flight tomorrow so I gotta sign off.
Thanks everyone :)
>>
>>4136422
>I didn't tell her that her aunt's rotting in the ground cause in a decent guy and do care about suffering.

By your own admission you did so motivated only by your desire to continue to get your dick sucked.
>>
>>4136434
I think you being on fire forever is holy, just and righteous.
>>
>>4136437
Of course they can. Again, Noah's Ark.
>>
>>4136449
No. Jesus will wipe away her tears, comfort her, and she will remember the past no more. There is no pain and suffering in heaven.
>>
>>4136476
Animals are atheist.
>>
>>4136488
Animals are smarter than you. think.
>>
>>4136502
No they arent, its a genetic miracle we even have intelligence above black people right now.
>>
>>4136401
>Dogs know their creator, and they know their master.

The universe created me through unconscious creative processes at the cosmological, geological, and biological levels. It then entered the linguistic level, and through the flexibility of language the creative process was able to bend upon itself and create creators: human self-awareness. Our self-awareness is our ability to modify our decisions and the reasoning for those decisions, we are the force of creativity that has become aware of itself. We are the creators and questioners of existence and it is these abilities themselves we should keep as sacred.

Humans are a race of gods kept as slaves by a past that refuses to die.
>>
>>4136424
>The all answered the call to get on Noah's ark.
Pretty famously only 2 did
>>
>>4135116
>its not God's fault DNA isnt perfect.
*breathe in*
>>
>>4135315
Then why isn't everyone born with skin cancer?
>>
Punishing evil deeds on the child's ancestors.
>>
>>4135066
Its just banter
>>
>>4136225
The bible also says that the body is a temple
literally we were put on the earth to look after it and keep it safe while multiplying. Instead we do a whole other bunch of malarkey and then wonder why we have diseases. When the Israelite's were freed from Egypt God gave the instructions of what diet they should have and what food they should stay away from saying if they followed, they wouldn't get the same diseases the Egyptians had. Basically the reason there is so much disease and weak bodies with exploding pancreas' is because people throughout the ages all lived according to their own will instead of the will of God, which was meant to preserve life instead of destroy it. That's why he died for our sins and is coming back to take people to heaven (the ones that believe in him - John 3:16) because this isn't how the world is supposed to be. In fact, the whole point of death in itself is to soften the blow of having to live in such a chaotic reality. Imagine if we lived forever o n this earth? The whole point of the bible and Jesus dying on the cross and raising from the dead is to literally say that we can all do the same thing if we believe he's coming back.
>>
>>4135364
This, Jesus even had another anecdote where he brings up a tower that had collapsed and killed dozens of people. The moral thinking of the time would have been that Jews would say "Oh those guys deserved it because they were sinners."

Jesus says

>Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
>>
>>4136239
explained really well
>>
>>4136597
>not believing in a conscious universe with an all knowing and all powerful creator making wonders beyond your imagination and also for some reason you're too low down and pointless to understand, he still wants to die for your sins and send you to heaven
i dunno man you sound pretty ungrateful. It's the bad spirit in you we need to get it out
>>
maybe he just didn't ship mom and dad together
>>
>>4135066
What makes christians believe their god is the real one?
What if the real religion is a long forgotten mesoamerican one practized by a now extinct tribe?
>>
>>4136321
Aaaaaaah we're screwed for eternity.
>>
>>4136392
Well I guess that's just down to opinion then :/
Also,I feel it's necessary to bring together two arguments here. You're really trying to tell me God values the love of Christians like >>4136400 who believe in God solely because hell sucks more than the eternal suffering of the billions of non-Christians in hell?
>>
>>4138184
So you're answer to the question:
"why does God allow babies to have cancer?"

Is:
"some of the babies ancestors didn't stick to his diet"
>>
>>4138189
But doesn't this means God is a huge cunt?
He punishes indiscriminately based on complete randomness, why do you want to worship this sadist?
>>
>>4138189
The baby that died from cancer didn't have a chance to repent
>>
>>4138349
>What makes christians believe their god is the real one?

The actual answer is because it was how they were raised.

I guess the only non bullshit answer to this question is that they find the non-theological evidence of Christianity to be the most convincing of all the religions.
>>
>>4138184
Also what about the people that followed all of god's rules and still suffer for no reason?
Your argument demands too much to work.
>>
>>4138474
yeah thats exactly what i said
when you dont drink water you die of thirst
when you dont eat food you die of hunger
and when you dont eat well you pass your crap body on to your children. obviously you could respond to the issue by working together with your peers to find a cure for cancer, but you already know why that's not happening
>>
>>4138492
That's how sin works buddy. It's literally the utmost worst curse that a man can experience, and then on top of that, there's the devil whos angry about being kicked out of heaven trying with all his energy to get as much of God's creation into hell and to hate righteousness and love sin. That's why the argument demands too much work, because a sinful life will always look easier in a world where sin is in charge.
>>
>>4139639
Sin is a dumb way to explain why bad things happen, sure the original human betrayed God and ate some shitty apple causing God to become so butthurt he causes bad things to always happen to his descendents. When that stupid explanation wasnt enough they invented Satan yh thats right THERE IS NO FUCKING DEVIL its an invention made up by the christian churchs to further instill this sin guilt complex.

The greeks just assumed their gods were assholes thats why bad things always happened not that they were assholes like christians assume.
>>
>>4139621
You think every bit of suffering that exists in the world can be explained?
Genuinely?
What about people who get struck by fucking lighting?
Innocent people suffer every day for no justifiable reason and you can't deny this.
Also, how come God punishes the child for his parents sins and not the parents themselves?
>>
sacrificial lamb to test the faith of the rest of us
>>
>>4135066
that baby would have started world war 3 if it grew up.
>>
>>4135066
Bad luck and shitty genes
>>
>>4142211
This
>>
>>4135066
>>4135072
>>4135080
>>4135084
>>4135087
>>4135088
>>4135095
>>4135099
>>4135102
How does God justify the existence of anything over nothing?
forget good or evil, how does he justify things existing at all?
>>
>>4135066
/his/ is not place for fedora posting
>>
>>4135066
Have you ever considered that God, who made us in HIS image, happens to have faced suffering and pain prior to making us? What if God is a being that innately understands and believes in a philosophy of suffering to craft better people?

What if there is no other way? What if this is the limit of being almighty, that this is all God can really do for us? Sure he is almighty by a human perspective but perhaps the human definition of almighty is actually rather mundane?
>>
>>4135066
He doesn't have one because he is imaginary.
>>
>>4135087
>gives you literally everything
>tells you to not do ONE THING
>you fucking do it
>>
>>4142225
>how does he justify things existing at all because "it was good" Genesis 1:3-4
>>
File: 1444231884608.jpg (3 KB, 119x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>4142585
No, he tells your very first ancestors not to do it and then sentences over 108 billion people that lived so far (and counting) to suffer for it :^)
>>
>>4142635
Yeah they shouldn't have fucking done it. It sent God to start over on a new planet so he can jerk off to them and forget all about our degenerate asses.
>>
>>4142604
that means it was good, not that it is justified in existing.
>good things are justified
why?
Why are good things justified in your eyes?
If you ask why are they justified in God's eyes then you must accept that whatever God deems to be is, and thus you would surrender your own standard of good, thus you remove any platform by which you can call in to question God's "justification" of your perceived evil.
>>
>>4142635
>I am in middle school
the post
>>
>>4143061
>it really was all my fault
>deep down he truly loves me and whatever he does, it's for the best for me

Christianity is the biggest case of beaten wife syndrome ever to be possibly conceived by mankind
>>
>>4136821
Gave me a hearty chuckle
>>
>>4135066

According to Hindus and Buddhists, they should've had better karma in their past lives.

According to Mormons they should've been more enthusiastic about the plan of salvation in their pre-mortal existence then they would've been born to a better family and received better genes here on Earth.
>>
>>4135066
jews create cancer not god

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.