[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

God, why have yo-, I mean I, forsaken me?
>>
>>4668880
>Oh, and I'll say it twice, once in Hebrew, and once in Aramaic, for you guys who don't understand Hebrew.
>>
>>4668880
Psalm 22
>>
>>4668880
Ain't that a song, not the actual word of Christ, but something to be sang in choir?
>>
>>4668880
When Adam sinned, the Holy Spirit fled him and he died, spiritually, that second.

When the second Adam became sin on the cross for the sake of saving humanity, the Holy Spirit fled him, and he was forsaken, for several hours, on our behalf.

The trinity is relational even within itself.

If you want to understand the things of God, become one of God's children. Or resign yourself to never even beginning to be wise.
>>
>>4668908
That's a prophecy of what the messiah would say, not Jesus quoting the psalms. Big difference.
>>
>>4669065
>christianity
>wise
get out pleb
>>
>>4669079
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

You're not even at the starting line.
>>
>>4668880
>God
>not Father
Wow, misquoting the Bible and at the same time emphasizing the specific words used to make a point.
Way to be a retard.

OP is a faggot, as usual.
>>
>>4669068
>not Jesus quoting the psalms
No that's exactly what it is. Because Jesus was the messiah and he said it to fulfil the prophecy.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/148-haunting-question-from-the-cross-the
>>
>>4669095
>"Eloi! Eloi! Lama sabacthani!"

>What did he say? Is he crying out for Elijah?
>What's going on?

What I wouldn't give to have heard that first hand.
>>
>>4669110
No, the prophecy was about what the messiah would say, being crucified, a method of death that had not been invented when the psalms were written.

Prophecy is history written forward.

To say Jesus was merely citing the Psalms is to take away from what was happening to Jesus at the time, which is something I abhor.
>>
>>4669110
I hope you come to see how you have this exactly backwards, and are expressing a disbelief in prophecy itself.
>>
>>4669129
>>4669133
It's cyclical. Jesus did specific things to fulfil prophecy because it was him who gave the prophets the insight on what he planned to do in the first place.
>>
>>4669068
It's not a prophecy of what the messiah would say, David was just being a little bitch
>>
>>4669142
I'm glad we can agree on that.
>>
File: 1522258351953.gif (41 KB, 645x773)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>4669095
>stop poking holes in my space wizard fanfic!
>>
Probably it was in the proximity of iron chariots, the one and only counter to God's power.
>>
>>4669142
Except that that's not what the prophecies say.
Stop using bogus translations.
The Old Testaments simply disproves the New Testament (and Itself)
>>
>>4669467
You might want to read Joshua 17:18
>>
>>4669476
>Except that that's not what the prophecies say.
Except it is, and Jesus fulfilled them. If you have a problem with it take it up with your local Talmudic Rabbi, Mr. Nosebergstein.
>>
So... Why did God forsaken him, anyway?
>>
>>4669467
I read the bible and I see Jews intimidated by tanks.

You read the bible and think that the God who made the sun can't defeat iron chariots.
>>
>>4669156
You'll be repaid for that, to your face.
>>
>>4669449
>being stupid and wrong
>multiple people point out that you're stupid and wrong
>only way to respond is shit memes
Not an argument.
>>
>>4669476
The OT foreshadows the NT; the NT is the reification of the OT.

They are complementary in all respects.
>>
>>4669488
Well, since you brought the argument on what the prophecies say first I ask for the citations which in turn will tell me if you are repeating buzzwords or not?
First:
Which Prophecies?
>>
>>4669490
Because Jesus became sin on the cross by taking all of the sins of all of humanity of all time, and suffering the wrath of God on all of them, and dying, paying the ultimate price of them.

The Holy Spirit fled Jesus when he became sin as God and sin do not co-abide.

The Father turned his back. The sun went dark. The earth broke. The hard ass Roman centurion on crucifision duty saw all this and said, "truly, we have killed the Son of God."
>>
>>4669512
About 365 messianic prophecies in the OT, 100% of which Jesus fulfilled as they became ripe.

They are not all ripe. Many had to do with teh Kingdom Age, which does not start until the Second Coming of Christ.
>>
>>4669517
This explains things pretty nicely.
>>
>>4669511
>foreshadows
citation needed
I mean, if you're idea of foreshadowing is, p.e. the "explanation" on the David Line then I have to point out how the whole David Throne was edited to make it look like a YHWH's Punishment therefore how can the NT claim to have been foreshadow'd on its true from something that's hardly true?
>>
>>4669508
But I don't hate God.
>>
>>4669535
The Old Testament makes zero sense unless you read it through the lens of Jesus Christ. Everything within it points to him, without Jesus the Old Testament is utterly pointless.
>>
>>4669521
I didn't ask the numbers.
I ask which considering the fact that you were quoting some of them here.
>>
>>4669535
You can claim that the line of David was edited. You just can't show that to be true.

You're like a muslim who says the bible is not credible because it has been corrupted. Without any evidence of said corruption.

Jesus' parents both hail back to David as shown in Jesus' parents' genealogies in Matthew and Luke. And Jesus sidesteps the curse that Joseph could not, as Joseph was a blood descendant of the cursed line of Jeconiah, and Jesus is not.

You can say the bible is wrong all the way until you die.

But no further.
>>
>>4669541
I was referring to David.
>>
>>4669544
Can you use Google?

https://www.bibleprobe.com/365messianicprophecies.htm
>>
>>4669544
Hey, let's save us both some time.

You're going to say that they're all too vague and broad and what not, and be unconvinced, entirely, and I'm going to shake my head at another person who drank the devil's kool-aid.
>>
>>4669546
>You just can't show that to be true.
We have the original doc there, you know.
And it clearly shows a different writter towards the end of a book (which was again? Moses dies then something.)
The rest of your post is ad hominen.
>>4669551
I was hoping that you would post from memory, otherwise, it would seem that you had no idea and ended up using google.
>>
>>4669542
No, it's the opposite. That's why only ignorant goyim converted to Christianity, and got BTFO whenever they tried debating Jews, like at the disputation of Barcelona.
>>
>>4669578
Do you really think that people believed Moses wrote about his own death, his own death, and then what happened after his death?

Do you really think anyone ever put forward that notion?
>>
>>4668880
>"Why did I think this was a good idea?!"
>>
>>4669579
>Claim you're Gods chosen people
>Many prophets over the years who directly receive messages from God
>Jesus comes
>Deny he's the messiah
>For the next 2000 years God doesn't say anything to you at all
>Claim that the messiah is really going to come guys! Any day now!
Give it up. Modern Judaism is a fabrication created over 300 years after Jesus came. There's a reason Jews haven't had a single prophet since Jesus, he was it. The end game. Continuing to deny it just makes you look silly Sheklestein.
>>
>>4669578
From memory? Why? To test my memory?

How about this. How about we narrow it down.
Messiah
Kinsman Redeemer
So human
He
So male
Like Moses
So Hebrew
Lion of the tribe of Judah
So from the tribe of Judah
Root of David
So from the house of David
Nazar, or broken branch
So a Nazarene
Born in Bethlehem
So born in Bethlehem
The Seed of a Woman
So born of a virgin.
Called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God.
So, the Son of God.
Cut off 483 years after the proclamation to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem was made, which would be Nisan 14, 32 AD.

Only Jesus fits all of those.
>>
>>4669594
>Jesus comes
>says he's the messiah
>claims he'll bring about the kingdom of god "before this generation passes away"
>accomplishes nothing and dies
>for the next 2000 years doesn't say anything to you at all
>>
>>4669579
The argument the Jews made was specious, and was called out for being specious.
>>
>>4669602
Nice try Noseberg. Jesus said all things would be fulfilled, and they were with Jesus fulfilling messianic prophecy and ushering in the reconciliation of man with God.

>All things must need be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me
>>
>>4669568
I mean, YHWH was too straightforward.
He told i'll take it and you tell them about me (unless they already know about me) then they'll believe.
It gets futher when you consider that believing in the OT has nothing to do with the Anglo Believe. twas more a matter of trust.
>>4669584
And there we go, the problem arises when people think that Moses was a real think which then ruins the face-value of trust that the other texts claim
>>
>>4669602
Rubbish.

Jesus said that the generation who would see the beginning of sorrows would see the Second Coming; that all of the end time events would happen in one lifetime.

Jesus also said that someone listening to him would see the Second Coming before he died. John. Everyone knew it was John. John got the reputation of being unkillable. But that's not what Jesus said. Jesus said some (precluding neither one nor all) would see the second coming before they died.

John saw the second coming before he died, and wrote about it.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

You conflate the two in your ignorance, and condemn the bible in your arrogance.

Ignorance and arrogance. The hallmarks of atheists everywhere.
>>
>>4669602
The Kingdom of God is Christian Chruch.
>>
>>4669633
Moses was as much a real person as you are.

You're saying Moses wrote every word of the torah, without sense or measure, and ignoring the most important element of all.

That all of the writers of the torah had the Holy Spirit of God in them when they penned what was written.
>>
>>4669600
>Messiah
Do you even Zoroastrianism, boy?
Issaiah was a whole next level bantz.
>Like Moses
>Like someone who never existed
I mean. I'm reading the link and writting down in my notes but come on, man.
>David
And that somehow makes thing trustworthy
>Virgin
I never said that.
I doesn't help that the OT makes a bad point in such things along with those who die then revive

Man, shoul i go on?
>>
>>4669677
Do you? Zoroaster read and believed the Jewish scriptures that the Jews brought with them into captivity in Babylon, that turned into captivity in Medo-Persia.

You saying that your disbelief means that historical figures did not exist is again the hallmark of the fool, and the height of ignorance and arrogance.
>>
>>4669638
Revelation wasn't written by him though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#Title,_authorship,_and_date

>>4669641
So what about the part about stars falling from the sky and armies of angels descending from heaven, just metaphors, huh?
>>
>>4669677
>Man, shoul i go on?

No, you've wasted enough of my time, as I said you would. You believe what you believe, and let the chips fall where they fall.
>>
>>4669653
>Moses was as much a real person as you are.
Sauce? Otherwise, you're simply lying.
>Holy Spirit of God
And now you're making shit up to fulfill a
deep problem there.
I mean, did you just forgot how YWHW Elohim kinda walk along them for a while in some books and never bring such a concept even when they have a book on mysteries and a book of procedures?
>>
>>4669695
John the Beloved wrote the Revelation.

Revelation 1 Alpha
And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.

Revelation 22 Omega
Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
>>
>>4669706
The holy, authoratative, inerrant Word of God.

Your source is the same thing from which you dispose bodily waste.
>>
>>4669689
>Zoroaster read and believed the Jewish scriptures that the Jews brought with them into captivity in Babylon, that turned into captivity in Medo-Persia.

And this someone who didn't read neither the book of topic or the zoroastrian books but likes to claim shit from his ass.
>>
>>4669706
Father is God.
Son is God.
Spirit is God.
There is one God.

If God was walking, it was Jesus.
If God was hovering over the deep, it was the Spirit.
If God was saying "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased", it was the Father.
>>
>>4669717
I'll take the bible with thousands of years of extant manuscripts in dozens of countries dating only a few decades after the originals.

You can cling to something found in 1953 AD that purports to deal with things that happened in 600 BC.

That's your perogative. And then you'll pay the ultimate price for your foolishness.
>>
>>4669696
>believe
My, my.
you don't read, do you?
>>
>>4669727
You believe what you believe.

What a fool believes.
>>
>>4669467
Notice how the
>he
Is not capitalized. So, the passage should be read that the LORD was with Judah, as in Judah's cause was just, and that Judah drove his enemies from the mountains, but couldn't do so in the valley where he encountered heavy cavalry. The LORD wasn't actively involved in the battle at all.
>>
>>4669727
I'll tell you what I believe. I believe a reasonable person would rate my reading comprehension and writing skills higher than yours, and yet you're the one boasting of them.
>>
>>4669718
>There is one God.
Except that the OT says otherwise
YHWHH says otherwise
(Israelites') Elohim shows othewise
(Others') Elohim shows otherwise
>>
File: 1522439497220.jpg (2.86 MB, 2716x2920)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>4669088
>christcucks
>>
>>4669734
In the OT, the Holy Spirit came and went. He did not get sealed into the believer, but spent some time in believers, and most of the time, not in believers.

Only the Church Age, this age, has the luxury of having the Holy Spirit sealed into us from the moment of salvation, and until the end of time.
>>
>>4669743
This is an American thing, anon.
>>
>>4669741
The bible says many times there is only one God.

You can carve a coconut and call it your god, and it will be your god, but it does not make your carved coconut into the Creator of the universe.

It just means you have a shitty god.
>>
>>4669706
Jesus was the burning bush who talked to Moses. The Holy Spirit was the dove that brought the olive branch to Noah.
>>
>>4669743
Yes, what fools believe.
>>
>>4669732
I trust the book on this topic, you're just trusting either traditions or your ego on this.
Also shouldn't this be without ad hominen?
>>
>>4669755
I have no idea what you're referencing. If it's the gnostic Nag Hamadi, save your time.
>>
>>4669755
Merely citing another bible verse for you.

Psalms 14
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good.
>>
File: Give me your money.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>4669743
Yeah we know Americans are shit
>>
>>4669750
>You can carve a coconut and call it your god, and it will be your god, but it does not make your carved coconut into the Creator of the universe.
And where did this come from? You make no sense.
YHWH clearly state the existence of other Gods.
And When YHWH and Elohim did two seperates things on the same sentence.
(He makes that while the other shuts the door)
>>
>>4669772
>YHWH clearly state the existence of other Gods.
Where?
>>
>>4669784
in the bible
>>
>>4669784
The fuck.
The: Don't worship other gods.
>>
>>4669772
You said the bible indicated there are many gods. Some gods are carved wood, some forged iron, some poured gold. In addition, there are hundreds of millions of demons that people call their gods.

There is only one God.

There are many gods.

I don't make sense?
>>
>>4669772
YHWH = Elohim

I Will Be That I Will Be = Creator
>>
>>4669802
Like, for instance, a little carved coconut you made yourself.
>>
>>4669761
>There is no God equals There is more than one God now
Anon...
>>
>>4669802
That's not suggesting there are other gods in actuality though. Like the other guy said, just because you carve an idol out of a coconut and worship it doesn't mean there's a coconut god. God is saying he is the one true God, not suggesting there are other actual gods he doesn't want you to worship. That's a really stupid interpretation and you're reaching if you think it implies God is part of a pantheon.
>>
>>4669822
There always was, is, and always will be, one God.
>>
>>4669825
Deuteronomy 7:5 But thus you shall deal with them: you shall destroy their altars, and break down their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images, and burn their carved images with fire.
>>
>>4669822
This convesation isn't going the way you thought it would, is it.
>>
>>4669833
Again there is no implication there that the fictional god those people are worshipping are real. They are false gods, they don't exist.
>>
>>4669825
Psalm 82:1
God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
>>
>>4669821
To imply that the word other would even mean carved things is really propagandistic, you know.
No, Other People doesn't mean puppets
Other Gods doesn't mean Idols.
Did you know that the words that they use for "Holy" (Separated) were also use on other Gods which then were badly translate as demons?
>>
>>4669845
Everything humans worship as God is one of two things.

God.

Or something God made, or something someone that God created invented or imagined.

The Hindus, for instance, have 330,000,000 demon gods. They worship the demons that used to be angels, that God made.
>>
>>4669825
He suggest to no follows the other roads somehow this doesn't suggest that there are other roads.
Do you even follow the implications of the logic you've used on your post?
>>
>>4669853
This conversation is really above your pay grade, isn't it.

It's a wonder you're still namefagging.
>>
>>4669869
He says straight out there are two roads. A narrow road that few find that leads to life, and a broad road that leads to destruction.

Guess which one you're on.
>>
>>4669848
God is talking to fallen angels, as evidenced by the next verse you conveniently left out

>I said, ‘You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High. But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes
>>
>>4669869
Following other roads leads nowhere because there are no other Gods. It's actually quite amazing how desperate you are to twist scripture to match an interpretation that doesn't fit.
>>
>>4669871
>>4669874
Focus on the discussion.
Instead of pulling the sword to make the other accept your point of view.
This isn't about feelings
>>
>>4669865
Nowhere in Mahabharata said that Gods were created by Christian deity. He was probably one of the so-called demonic Gods before he was ostracized and decided to make his own cult in the middle east.
>>
>>4669921
>Nowhere in Mahabharata said that Gods were created by Christian deity
Of course they don't. It would defeat the purpose if Satan let them know they were following false gods, wouldn't it?
>>
>>4669895
>Following other roads leads nowhere because there are no other Gods.
Missing the entire point of the Old Testament.
1st. Never such clases holds universal values, it's only for Israelites
2nd. From an unversal stand point, logic doesn't follow since Elohim was a thing.
>>4669818
YHWH is not Elohim.
Did you miss the part where there are other Elohim?
I mean, a translation could be the whole guilty one on such a case.
El Eloha Elohim
Singular Plural Group
>>
I don't expect People to get Elohim right away. It would be like Kikes trying to understand the trinity or something along those lines
>>
>>4669969
>Missing the entire point of the Old Testament.
I think you are because the entire point of the Old Testament is to show why Christ was the true messiah and to give him authority since he could use the scriptures to show why he was the King who was promised.
>>
>>4669784
Exodus 12:12, he says he'll bring judgement down on all the gods of Egypt.
>>
>>4669949
Stop right there, boy.
You don't want to mix dogmas to act entitled.
This isn't a ciclejerking competition, otherwise, Ahriman creates YHWH sincecYHWH is used to destroy things then Ahura Mazda created Jesus since He is used to move things high(er).
And they predated the whole one God
>>
>>4669904
The sword, the bible, is the thing that reveals the foolishness of your beliefs.

Of course you want it sheathed.
>>
>>4669921
>Mahabharata
Not an argument.
>>
>>4669995
A funny verse because Exodus didn't happen and it still carries the old dogmas.
But let's just ignore Exodus
>>
>>4669969
YHWH = Elohim

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, YHWH, created the universe, and as such is Elohim.

A plural word used in the singular sense, and with a singular verb, bara.
>>
>>4669983
It's you who has no idea who Elohim is, not us. You.

Elohim is the trinity. A singular entity referred to by a plural word.
>>
File: 1443020956020.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>4669989
>the entire point of the Old Testament is to show why Christ was the true messiah
>>
>>4669995
And he did. Their gods were decimated. And demons.

For instance, their sun god, Ra, suffered the humiliation of having three days of utter darkness. Their river god, the Nile, was turned to blood. And so on and so forth.

The Egyptians gods are not God.

God defeated the Egyptian gods.

There are none like God.
>>
>>4670014
You keep calling people boy.

I have socks older than you.
>>
>>4670033
The Jews have celebrated the Exodus faithfully every single year for 3500 years.
>>
>>4670039
Wrong. It's a relic of Israel's polytheistic past.
>>
>>4670049
Of course.

If Jesus just popped up in India, let's say, the world would not know that a messiah existed, much less who he would be, and what he would do. He would be just another fakir, just another "holy man", just another guru, and mankind would be lost.

The OT was set up to point to the messiah.

And it did.
>>
>>4670062
the Jews were punished when they worshiped the foregin gods of the most evil and wicked people the world has ever seen, the canaanites.
>>
>>4670070
Except that Jesus never even did the things that the actual Jewish Messiah was supposed to do, which is why most Jews never converted to Christianity.
>>
>>4670062
Israel did not exist until Israel existed, and Israel did not exist until he had his name changed from Jacob to Israel.

His 12 sons are the 12 tribes of Israel, with the note that the tribe of Joseph split into two half-tribes, the tribe of Manassah and the tribe of Ephraim.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is One God, and says so repeatedly.

So no, Israel was not "polytheistic" from its inception.
>>
>>4670089
Jesus did those things, and more, and 3,000 Jewish men converted to Christianity on the day of Pentecost, 32 AD, lilkely along with more than 3,000 women, and more than 6,000 children.

And more were added every day to that number.

Christians are Jews who know that Jesus is the Messiah.
>>
>>4669763
Obsessed
>>
>>4670089
Heal the blind.
Heal the lame.
Heal the deaf.
Heal the lepers.
Cast out demons.
Straighten out the way.
Raise the dead.
Case demons out of a deaf, dumb and blind man.

Jesus did all that and more.
>>
>>4670111
>Jesus did those things, and more
Is that so?

>The Jewish view of Jesus is influenced by the fact that Jesus lived while the Second Temple was standing, and not while the Jews were exiled. He never reigned as King, and there was no subsequent era of peace or great knowledge. Jesus died without completing or even accomplishing part of any of the messianic tasks, instead promising a Second Coming. Rather than being redeemed, the Jews were subsequently exiled from Israel, and the temple was destroyed years later not rebuilt. These discrepancies were noted by Jewish scholars who were contemporaries of Jesus, as later pointed out by Nahmanides, who in 1263 observed that Jesus was rejected as the messiah by the rabbis of his time.[26]

>Moreover, Judaism sees Christian claims that Jesus is the textual messiah of the Hebrew Bible as being based on mistranslations,[27][28] with the idea that Jesus did not fulfill any of the Jewish Messiah qualifications.[29]
>>
>>4670089
He did them, but in an unexpected way. The Jews had incorrect expectations, and that's a common theme in the Old Testament, God delivering people in a way that subverts expectations. A lot of Jews did convert and accept Jesus as messiah because a lot of Jews saw him perform miracles with their own eyes. In fact Judaism got so BTFO by the indisputable nature of Jesus Christ as messiah that it basically collapsed and had to be revived in the 6th century with the advent of talmudic judaism and "oral torah" which basically gibes Rabbis to make up any shit they feel like since nobody can reference what they're referring to.
>>
>>4670125
The Jews who deny Jesus look to the Kingdom Age prophecies.

The Kingdom Age prophecies refer to the Kingdom Age.

Had the Jews accepted their Messiah, and not conspired to murder him; had the Jews accepted the Kingdom Jesus presented to them, and not rejected it, then the Kingdom Age would have begun in 32 AD, and neither you nor I would ever have existed.

Jesus fulfilled all of the messianic prophecies WHEN THEY WERE RIPE.

And Jesus will continue to fulfill all of the messianic prophecies until they are all fulfilled.

Jesus is alive. Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus is not sloppy, forgetful or negligent.

Not one jot nor tittle will pass away until the Jews say BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.
>>
>>4670125
>He never reigned as King
He reigns as King right now, seated at the right hand of God. Again, the problem is the incorrect assumption of how prophecy would be fulfilled. God subverts expectations, not once in the Old Testament did he ever deliver people in a way that was expected beforehand.
>>
>>4670060
Traditions, anon.
Catholics celebrates Los 3 Reyes Magos when there was no number, there were not kings and they have no idea what a mage means and meant on such context in the NT.
>>4670035
>created the universe
I mean, souce
>inb4 NT
I mean, I think that some of you think that the text has facevalue even when It states quite the contrary on both New and Old T
>>
>>4670053
Again. Things that never happened.
Why do you trust the Exodus that much?
Also, Egytians aren't entirely gods like the others
>>
>>4670133
>>4670146
>>4670157
The mental gymnastics of Christians is astounding.

>HE DIDN'T DO THESE THINGS WHILE HE WAS ALIVE, AND THEY HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET 2000 YEARS LATER, BUT THEY WILL SOON. HE STILL COUNTS AS THE MESSIAH.
>>
>>4670228
Not only did Jesus fulfill the prophecies he predicted the destruction of the temple himself. The Jews rightly got punished and scattered for denying their savior, the prophecies ended with Jesus having fulfilled them with no more prophets appearing and here we are 2000 years later with you still saying

>D-Don't worry guys! Jesus wasn't the messiah! We're still the chose ones! The REAL messiah will come any day now....a-any day now...

Todays strain of Judaism originated in the 6th century. The Jews of the OT aren't even the same as the Jews of today, it's an entirely new religion so none of the OT prophecies have any relevance to Jews today
>>
>>4669517
>The hard ass Roman centurion on crucifision duty saw all this and said, "truly, we have killed the Son of God."

Sounds like something out of a shitty generic action flick.
>>
>>4670271

>Not only did Jesus fulfill the prophecies he predicted the destruction of the temple himself.

No he didn't, that was inserted into his mouth by the (anonymous) writer of Matthew years after the temple was destroyed.

Funny enough, "Jesus" was wrong in the prediction too, since he claimed not one stone would stand atop another, yet we have stones of the temple STILL standing.
>>
File: costanza.jpg (17 KB, 250x250)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>4669068
>>
>>4670271
>no more prophets appearing
Muslims would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>4669508
*unsheathes angelic flaming sword*
>>
>>4669921
That would be pretty fucking funny if it is true
>>
>>4670060
not according to 2 Chronicles 30:5
>>
>>4668880
>last words are him quoting a popular song lyric from his time
>no jokes about this at all
>just confused anti-theists and protestants
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.7 MB, 1069x1195)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>4668880
Jesus Christ was the Spirit of God within the flesh of a man.

Jesus emptied Himself and relinquished His power so that He could suffer on our behalf.
He bore the punishment of the sins of all humanity.
He became sin.

On that day the Father turned his face away from His beloved Son.
God withdrew His presence from Christ, which is why He cried out,"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

We will never be able to understand the pain and agony that Christ experienced.

That is, not until the Judgement Day.
>>
>>4669142
>Jesus is god
>Jesus is the messiah
Pick one.
>>
>>4673259
The two are not mutually exclusive, anon.
>>
>>4668880
It's okay to feel forsaken.
>>
>>4673262
messiah = annointed one
being annointed symbolizes divine favor, which obviously puts you in an inferior position to God himself.
>>
>>4668880

Those guys on the wings look pretty comfy, tbph, with their arms slung casually over the sides, like they're hanging their arm out the car window.
>>
>>4673291
And His anointment was at His baptism.
>>
>>4673291
>>4673311
Also, to elaborate, Christ was lesser than the Father.

He emptied Himself so that he could take on the form of a man and become obedient to death so that He could suffer in our place for the sins we have committed.
>>
>>4668908
>David feeling down, whining and praying
How is it relevant? Are you saying that Jesus was just cosplaying David when he was saying these words?
>>
>>4673326
Psalm 22 is the prophecy of Christ's crucifixion.

See >>4673254 to know why He cried out as He did.
>>
>>4670157
>He reigns as King right now, seated at the right hand of God.
Suuure, buddy. He totally reigns, he is just invisible lol!
>>
>>4671494
>No he didn't, that was inserted into his mouth by the (anonymous) writer of Matthew years after the temple was destroyed.
Based on what? Your personal incredulity? Wow how compelling
>>
>>4670271
>God punished Jews for killing the messiah
>47 years after the deed and with zero supernatural involvement
lol
>>
>>4673390
Did you know that Jesus prophesied that Jerusalem would be destroyed?
>>
>>4673390
>Implying the Jews weren't compelled to rebel and force the Romans hand by the will of God
Brainlet.
>>
>>4673400
According to the gospels, which were all written after the destruction of Jerusalem
>>
>>4673419
And what of the same prophecies in the OT?

Example:
Micah 3:12
Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.

Jesus was reiterating this prophecy that was made some 500 years before Christ.
>>
>>4673418
>God used to send fire from heaven or rain bolders on them or send angels who would kill thousands of people at once in order to smite his offenders
>But this time he just invisibly "forces the hand" of a foreign army 47 fucking years later
>>
>>4673453
That's why God sent his angels to clear out Israel before the Jews got there right? Oh wait no, they had to conquer it themselves with Gods assistance.
>>
File: Download (2).jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4668880
OHH TRUST IN MYYY SELF RIGHTEOUS SUICIDEE I CRY WHEN ANGELS DESERVE TO DIEEEE
>>
>>4673433
That's another prophecy made after it already happened, about the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem
>>
>>4673453
You do realize that the Romans weren't the first foreign power that God used to punish the Jews for breaking His covenent right?

Babylon comes to mind.
>>
>>4673463
>That's another prophecy made after it already happened
Gonna have to source me on that one
>>
>>4673470
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Micah#Composition
>>
>>4673479
>The prophecy was not fulfilled in Micah's time, but a hundred years later when Judah was facing a similar crisis with Babylon
Uh, thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>4673479
So basically the argument is that it can't be a prophecy because the prediction was written after the event and the evidence that it was written after the event is because it mentions something that happened. That's some amazing circular logic right there.
>>
>>4673467
Yeah, I already know that ancient people liked to attribute military failures to God's punishment for iniquity. So what? Why did God punish the Jews for murdering his son 47 years after the deed?
>>
>>4673504
>Why did God punish the Jews for murdering his son 47 years after the deed?
He gave them a chance to accept Jesus and when it became clear that they wouldn't he let his wrath pour out on them, exactly as Jesus had prophesized
>>
>>4673457
There supposedly still were massive miracles during Joshua's conquest, like the walls of Jericho. Nothingon like this was recorded during the Jewish rebellion.
>>
>>4673521
*Nothing
>>
>>4673504
>>4673517
Logically speaking its also a good amount of time to differentiate Jews from Christians so the two wouldn't be lump together in the Great Diaspora.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.