[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_3141.jpg (3.58 MB, 2448x3264)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB JPG
Can someone explain why there is giant moais with blue eyes and red hair in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?

I travelled to Rapa Nui, aka Easter Island, two years ago. There is a mountain in the middle of the island where they got the stone from, but how they moved the 15 ton heavy moai statues from the quarry is a mystery. At the same point they are having this concise square blocks similiar to Tiwanku and other peruviuan cultures. This is a clear indicator that South American culture was very present at easter island, while the polynesians came afterwards.
>>
File: IMG_3193.jpg (2.75 MB, 3264x2448)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
Here's an uncarved Moai in the mountain, imagine transporting a 6 meter tall statue around the island without any marks on the geography??
>>
>>4991298
>came afterwards
Oral tradition from both sides of the ocean tell the story of andean natives exploring the pacific ocean with thousands of soldiers. They arrived to Rapanui and enslaved the polynesian natives. They obligued the polynesians to build stuff like that vinapu wall (incan style) but the natives rebelled and killed the invaders destroying most of the stuff and building the moais as a warning for future invaders from the sea.
>>
File: IMG_3202.jpg (2.72 MB, 2448x3264)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
This is a polynesian attempt to carve a moai.
>>
File: IMG_3070.jpg (1.55 MB, 2448x3264)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>4991318
Original compared, remember these had blue eyes, tablets which was later hidden. The blue in their eyes were holy.
>>
File: IMG_3221.jpg (1.79 MB, 3264x2448)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_3137.jpg (3.43 MB, 2448x3264)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
Original pics coming through.
>>
File: IMG_3233.jpg (2.79 MB, 2448x3264)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
These stones were "holy" for some reason...Can anyone indulge me, they worshipped the birdman cult.
>>
bump.
This is for every european.
>>
>>4991350
Hold up. If the theory is these guys are buried because of fast erosion, why's this one so close to what looks like an ancient wall that doesn't appear to be buried while his face also appears to have weathered away
>>
Seriously. The smithsonians are keeping you a prisoner
>>
>>4991427
>this guy figured it all out
>ignorw
>>
File: images.png (7 KB, 244x206)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>4991350
Moai confirmed for proto memes.
>>
>>4991310
They used wooden rollers, the making of the Moai may even have contributed to the deforestation and resulting erosion that has buried many of the moai.

You can also rock them into place with ropes, kind of "walking" it one foot at a time.

Theres no mystery to their construction, Giorgios.
>>
>>4991427
Ever heard of excavations?
>>
>>4991460
That wall doesn't look excavated and wouldn't make sense given that they left the nigger buried.
>>
>>4991314
> Incan style

All moai face inwards and upwards, not out to sea
>>
good thread
>>
>>4991460
are you retarded?
>>
>>4991415
>>4991429

>This is for every european.
Wut
>>
AYO HOL UP
>>
File: maori lady.jpg (140 KB, 640x534)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Okay. So.

I saw a documentary, self-funded and self-produced, by a white lady in NZ. Called "Swept Under the Rug", something about redheads, or something like this. In it, she interviews a bunch of amateurs and weirdos about how white European features were common throughout the Pacific Islands, and how this proves a shared cultural history in the region. There was some talk about the Andeans etc. who are not fucking white but whatever.

I thought it was interesting, but I couldn't help but notice that there were NO EXPERTS and NO ACADEMICS featured, nor were any serious historical sources brought forward, etc. It was just oral history, interpreted as they like, and some oldsters describing REALLY old people who had some features typically described as European.

I've read in a number of places that many P. Islanders, and especially Maori, surprised white visitors in days long past with their familiar-looking and attractive features. Looking at drawings and old photos, me too. I also wouldn't rule out entirely that by some freak incident some "alien" genetic material did find its way to the South Seas.

Let's note that Mesoamericans also describe such features as white hair, skin and beards in their mythological history, and blue eyes have been used in lots of places as symbols of special perception, even where they were unheard of. But let's remember that we have our own stories about stocky, squat tunnel-dwellers, willowy immortals with pointy ears, and the Bogdanoffs.

But what I took away from the film, ultimately, is that these theories may very well be motivated by desire to claim some sort of white nativity in the region. NZ is one of the finest examples of colonialism and integration gone right, but maybe it's not enough for some people to accept that they very much the new kids on the block. The white lady also complains that this hidden history has been scrubbed or whatever the opposite of whitewashing is by authorities who are afraid of the truth. Huh.
>>
>>4991395
SO YOU BEING SAYINGS
>>
I've seen that same documentary I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RITfMMxcRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6PlYiQSTs

something like this?

>history has been scrubbed
this claim is common.
in my research into NA pre-his I've seen it repeated a bunch of times, usually blaming the Smithsonian for the disappearance of pertinent remains/artifacts.
>>
File: .................jpg (207 KB, 692x960)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>4991298
>go entire life believing /pol/ tier bullshit about nord niggers
>mfw red heads are the real master race
>>
>>4991310
This Moai and all the Moai in this site were not intended to be moved. They date from the period where the people from Rapa Nui abandoned their ancient religion, after the first european contact, to move to the Make Make cult. In the process they decided to religiously close the ancestral quarry, arranging lying Moai around.

>>4991314
This wall is actually recent, it dates from way after the last Inca died.
>>
>>4991350
>skinny pointy nose
>blue eyes

what does it mean?
>>
>>4992740
>But what I took away from the film, ultimately, is that these theories may very well be motivated by desire to claim some sort of white nativity in the region. NZ is one of the finest examples of colonialism and integration gone right, but maybe it's not enough for some people to accept that they very much the new kids on the block. The white lady also complains that this hidden history has been scrubbed or whatever the opposite of whitewashing is by authorities who are afraid of the truth. Huh.
A mutation causing blonde hair (and blue eyes) came about in the Polynesian population. The mutation is unrelated to the one that caused blonde hair and blue eyes in Europeans however (their hair texture is notably different), so it's not as if Ancient Nords sailed from Hyperborea to New Zealand.

This is similar to how a mutation causing red hair and green eyes occurred in Afro-Asiatic populations leading to weird cases of Ancient Egyptians and Arabs having red hair and green eyes (notably Muhammed). In the case of Afro-Asiatics however contamination by Indo-Europeans is certainly a possibility but that depends on the location (IE, in the Levant it's Greeks and Anatolians and Hittites, in Egypt it's Greeks, etc).

So what you're saying about New Zealanders White Washing themselves to gain status isn't outlandish, but again, Ancient Nords traveling to Oceania is pretty outlandish.
>>
>>4993051
>recent
Nope. The dating is from the 1400s. Just when the incan explorer lived.
>>
>>4993110
>The dating is from the 1400s
No it appears to be more recent. Besides this type of wall is also found in Japan or Egypt.
>>
>>4993065
nothing
>>
>>4993147
oh
>>
>>4992762
THAT WE WUZ...WE WUZ...
>>
>>4991298
Some of them came from Persia a long time ago
>>
>>4993584
my mistake i was thinking of the blonde Maori

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.