[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Give me 10 reasons why solitary confinement for all non-capital prisoners with no stimulation whatsoever wouldn’t be the perfect punishment.
>>
>>5141373
Solitary confinement is worst punishment than executing.
>>
Solitary confinement in a supermax prison is the best kind of punishment, superiour to death sentence even
Imagine you're some sicko who murders people for fun. He doesnt care that he dies but put him in a solitary 23 hours a day and he'll go insane and beg you to kill him in a month.
>>
Because they'll probably be psychotic when they get released, creating yet more niggerdom.

You're supposed to do it like the Japanese where you have to work for 12 hours a day, obey a series of extremely strict rules, and sing a bunch of songs about not committing crimes any more, and then if you don't do all of that, you get put in the hole until you promise to do it.

Oh, and the time you spend in the hole doesn't count towards completing your sentence because you weren't doing what you were supposed to be doing.

Solitary is the tool that you use to force inmates to participate in rehabilitation/brainwashing, much like you use whips to get slaves to pick cotton. It wouldn't make sense to purchase a slave and just whip them all of the time for no reason, and it wouldn't make sense to put an inmate in solitary for no reason. Punishment is a tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbGjKdX6z4s
>>
It fuck prisoners up mentally making the resocialization impossible
>>
>>5141373
I'm used to being lonely, it would be a blessing.
>>
>>5141385
>>5141389
Bingo. I think the best cure for anti-social behavior is to completely break the offender’s spirit. No hanging with your homeboys plotting about what you’ll do when you get out. Just total isolation. You violate the social contract, you hate society so much, then no socializing for you.
>>
Forced labour is much better. It'll reduce the cost of caring for them, teach hem to work and give them experience when they leave, and keep them too busy to act up.
>>
>>5141395
wasn´t Mandela like 25 years in solitary?
>>
>>5141385
For neurotypicals. You people who have craving for socialization will consider it hell, but for those who are the opposite it is a peace of mind.
>>
>>5141405
Forced labor isnt cheap.
>>
>>5141392
Yet American system where gangs compete with each other, where gangs control the prison, where 1/4 prisoners are raped, where violence is norm will create a perfect sociable human being.

Where as Japanese crime rates are the lowest in the entire world and the Americans are the highest in the entire world. Really makes you think don't it?
>>
>>5141373
You want to put people in solitary confinement with no stimulation whatsoever for committing minor felonies?
Are you Kim Jong-un or something?
>>
>>5141416
Cheaper then hiring a free man.
>>
>>5141414
This. It's pure hell for normies and most criminals tend to be normies. Fuck normies. Someone autistic like Ted Kaczynski has lived in solitary for 20 years now and he unironically likes it.
>>
>>5141405
Forced labor still creates corruption and gangs (see Gulag systems)
>>
My only argument against it being the most severe punishment is there being a room that takes up space on the planet, space that shouldn't be used on a scumbag.

So, why not make it even worse and just put criminals in rows of big lockers with a single toilet in each? Enough room to breathe and stand and sit on the toilet which they can obvs also use. Then like 1 hour every other day to shower or something.

What separates a punishment of that severity from torture?
>>
>>5141414
If I took away the internet from you, you’d go gibbering crazy in an hour. This is socializing.
>>
>>5141443
Human experimentation then.
>>
>>5141454
>t. 17 year old zoomer who unironically doesn't remember life before the internet
>>
>>5141448
That’s actually a very good idea. Give them just enough room to stand or sit. There’s a drain underneath for shower water and feces/piss to drain out.
>>
>>5141454
If I cut your facebook account, you'd sodoku yourself. Don't lie.

The difference is, neurotypicals are either wired to get more dopamine rush from stimulants or simply exhaust all their dopamine as soon as it hits. Thus a constant cycle of seeking new pleasures to keep yourself cool.

It doesn't matter if Internet is off for weeks or months for me, I can always switch back to reading a book.
>>
>>5141448
The thing is, most industrialized countries have negative population growth.

You can't afford to waste anybody, even if they suck.

So the emphasis must be on rehabilitation, so that you don't lose people from society unnecessarily.
>>
Solitary confinement is fucking torture. Capital punishment makes more sense than solitary. Also, I never understood the uproar over waterboarding when we have at least 80,000 of our own citizens in solitary confinement. I would take a waterboard session over even just a month of solitary confinement.
>>
>>5141414
Tard
You may be fine with being alone, but I doubt you'd love being left alone in a tiny room without any kind of entertainment
>>
>>5141465
What book? You wont be reading anything except the paint on the walls in confinement.
>>
>>5141373
Because they'll go insane and lose track of time, and it will cost money to feed them.
>>
>>5141490
>>5141493
The mind is its own entertainment. Neurotypicals can't understand this.
>>
>>5141503
It’s time to stop posting, Elliot
>>
>>5141423
Did my post sound like it was anti-Japan?
>>
>>5141465
>Reading a book

It’s solitary, nigger. And you’re still socializing here on 4chan.
>>
>>5141373
Human beings are social creatures and prolong absence of interaction with other Humans or living entites drives vast majority insane.
>>
File: 1533440579504.jpg (77 KB, 422x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Well adjusted people wouldn't justify putting anyone in solitary confinement.
Psychologically torturing people doesn't mean justice and only uses up valuable time and resources.
Modern prison systems only exist because they make a few people rich off the tax dollars of others.
Put them to work or kill them. No man should be caged.
You're a sadist if you think otherwise.
>>
>>5141503
This.

>>5141509
>normalfags are so fragile they will literally kill themselves if they can't socialize for a few days
>>
>>5141522
>tax dollars
>dollars
mutt liberal pls leave
>>
>>5141522
>no man
I wouldn't call lifers "men", they're animals. I say let's cage them like animals, forever.
>>
>>5141503
Mind needs stimulus to create entertainment u dofus.
>>
>>5141523
Solitary wouldn't bother me either. If I had already lost my mind.
>>
>>5141522
>not punishing people for their misdeeds
But why?
>>
>>5141547
He said put them to work or kill them. Sounds like punishment to me.
>>
>>5141536
You don't put rabid dogs in cages, you put them down.
>>5141526
Like you even pay taxes you neet.
>>
>>5141373
most people find it hard to compare themselves to animals, so they wont look to what happens to animals when they put them in these conditions.
>>
Bring back corporal punishment, lashing, and ostracising for minor crimes. The penitentiary system is a total meme and only functions to allow criminals to form networks.
>>
>>5141515
No, you said Japanese jails create more niggerdom and psychos. I showed you that its actually false. The more accurate view is being around actual niggers and interacting with them creates niggerdoms and psychos.
>>
>>5141565
fuck it. cut off peoples legs for everything.
>they will still commit crime.
lmao do it anyway! haha!
>>
>>5141538
Only for neutotypicals. This is why socializing is so rewarding to neurotypicals. It satiates their hunger. Its the polar opposite for the homo superiors who can survive out in the mountains and live alone for years without any human contact.
>>
>>5141577
I said that OP's system of putting people in solitary for no reason would create niggerdom and psychosis.

Japanese prisons produce people who know how to work for a living, and are in the habit of working hard and obeying authority.
>>
>>5141373
This is how prisons were supposed to work at one point in the 19th century. Check this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_system
>>
>>5141565
There should be corporal punishment but only for women and girls
>>
>>5141523
You’re a human, by default you’re a social organism
>>
>>5141522
The wage of sin is death
>>
>>5141592
Not if you're a severe sperg like me
>>
>>5141522
>solitary confinement is torturing
Only for neurotypicals. For the non-neurotypicals, the opposite is torture. What is the opposite of solitary confinement for non-neurotypicals? Being forced to socialize.
>>
>>5141412
No.
>>
>>5141582
There's not much crime you can commit with no legs.
>>
>>5141589
Either way, your presentation is wrong. Psychosis is not psychos. You can't create niggerdom from solitary confinement. Niggerdoms create from the current prison system where gangs control prisons.
>>
>>5141597
>muh neurotypicals
Even autists go insane in adx Florence from the complete isolation, you're not above it. Stop memeing.
>>
>>5141596
It’s good that you believe you don’t require any social stimulation. But it’s untrue. The Dunning-Krueger effect is very common among autistics due to lower IQs and self awareness on average.
>>
>>5141373
if ur going to enslave someone you put them to work, sustainably if you care about profits, like on a cannabis sativa farm
>>
>>5141414
that's it young man, no more 4chan for you! EVER }:^(
>>
File: 1533578344338.jpg (64 KB, 600x600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>5141585
Call your parents, anon
>>
>>5141604
Look up what ADX Florence isolation room looks like. Its fairly comfortable for any non-neurotypical. You need to shed your idea that everyone "needs socializing" mentality. This is your own assumption.
>>
>>5141606
You don't know me mutt shit, quit making assumptions
>>
>>5141606
You're using words that you don't understand. Stop.
>>
>>5141631
There’s a point where this needs to stop, and we’ve clearly passed it
>>
>>5141631
>muttposter is autistic shutin

like pottery
>>
>>5141629
How's about we shove you in there for a year just to see how "(non)neurotypical" you actually are. You'll go insane within a month, I guarantee it.
>>
>>5141650
>I guarantee it
No LMAO. You're just a retarded neurotypical. You'll go insane in few hours because you don't have your facebook friends to talk to or your twitter follower to tweet to or your instagram likers to like your picture or your tinder to date people.

LMAO, the way you make this into a hell is just your own neurotypical hysteria at work.
>>
>>5141639
Yeah you need to stop preferably by jumping out of a window, normalfag brainlet. I actually spent a considerable amount of time in isolation in a mental hospital. Lived alone for 7+ years without the internet in a tiny apartment I rented, only talked to postmen and the landlord a few times. It was actually quite okay so stop with the YOU CAN'T IMAGINE bullshit, I don't have to imagine, I lived it and it didn't make me kms. Fuck off bydlo.
>>
>>5141663
>adx Florence has a massive problem of neurotypicals and non neurotypicals alike going insane from the isolation
>Nuh uh nuh uh I'm mommy's special little boy I'm completely impervious to it
Whatever you say autismo
>>
>>5141687
>can't argue
>resorts to personal attack

LMAO shows you what a typical neurotypical argument looks like. Resort to emotional calls.
>>
>>5141687
Ted K lives in ADX Florence and he like the isolation, said so himself.
>>
>>5141670
Oh boy, more LARP
>>
>>5141687
>empirical realities are appeals to emotion now
>>
>>5141700
>everyone is a normal like me
gulp gulp
>>
>>5141699
How do you know how much he likes it or not? Do you have access to his medical profile and behavioral file from adx Florence? If so please post it.
>>
>>5141707
>How do you know
Because he fucking said so you mongoloid.
>>
>>5141714
>people don't put on a tough face to look triumphant while breaking down constantly
Either post objective evidence of Ted not being bothered by the isolation at adx Florence or stop posting.
>>
>>5141707
How do you know it will be hell for you in adx? Did you go there yourself? Did you live there for 10 years? How can we trust you to say what is true?

Either post objective evidence or stop posting you retarded neurotypical.
>>
>>5141373
You don't actually believe this, because if you did you'd follow this logic to its conclusion and gas all criminals to death instead of keeping them alive for no reason.
>>
>>5141724
Because the empirical evidence is that neurotypicals and non neurotypicals equally go insane at adx Florence.
>>
>>5141722
>it's completely inconceivable a guy who fucked off to a wood cabin in the wilderness of Montana to live alone far away from other humans might actually like isolation, nope, he's just pretending
>also if you say you're happy I don't care until I see a peer reviewed academic study confirming you're happy
Literal retard incapable of having any perspective
>>
>>5141764
>living in a log cabin and being trapped in 8' x 8' cell is the same thing, isolation is isolation mmmm Kay
Yes. Whatever.
>>
>>5141772
Fun fact: he actually has more contact with other people now in ADX than he ever did while living in Montana. Mostly because he writes and receives letters, also because he's occassionally talking to guards and other inmates. You can read his correspondence, it's publicly available and it doesn't read like writing of someone who broke down mentally.
Also pic related is where he lived for decades.
>>
>>5141732
You didn't show empirical evidence. You showed your opinion and discarded evidence from someone living there.

Lying gets you nowhere in an argument, but then again a neurotypical like you are prone to lie.
>>
>>5141585
Anon shouldn't you be back-to-school shopping right now?
>>
>>5141522
Based.
The rest of you autists arguing about isolation/socialization need to go out and get laid.
>>
Just to make sure... There are people on this thread saying they need no contact with anyone and no stimulation or entertainment to keep themselves sane? Like, even out in the woods there's stuff to do. Make and maintain shelter, get food, get water, make tools, use tools... In a solitary cell, you wait until food comes and have nothing but white walls and a bed. It seems like the two forms of isolation are inherently different.
>>
punishment is a spook
>>
>>5142023
In most solitary isolation you get a bed/toilet/books and maybe some sort of tv for dedicated solitary isolation.
>>
No man is an island
>>
>>5141404
there's a reason nobody in your life has ever given you control of anything
>>
>>5141392
seems like this is an example of a specific "worst casers" prison in japan and not an average prison in japan.
>>
>>5141404
Seems dumb. If you want to make asocial people's life miserable, you force them to socialize. The opposite is true for where if you want to make social people's life a hell, you isolate them. This is basic principle. You don't give social people a party to make them suffer. You don't give asocial people isolation to make them suffer.

This is pure retarded.
>>
>>5142083
CIA uses this principle in their torture methods lmao.

The muslim fundamentalist terrorists hate America and American culture. So they blast American rock music to them. It would be weird to "torture" these guys by depriving them of American media as their frame of reference is totally opposite of typical American.
>>
>>5142083
most people that would describe themselves as asocial are just shy and have low self esteem and would benefit from structured socializing.

also, antisocial in the context of crime does not mean antisocial in the context of socialization with their peers.
>>
>>5142100
pretty sure blasting islamic chanting at 200 decibels or whatever 24/7 would have a similar effect on those same terrorists.
>>
>>5141629
Why don't you fuck off from 4chan then? You know this is also socializing right? I bet you if someone locked you in an empty room with no internet and no socializing you will start crying in a few days max.
>>
>>5142044
Are we talking ICE, "The Hole", or Supermax conditions?
>>
>>5142111
Most people confuse shyness with asocial. That doesn't mean when we discuss asocial, we're discussing shy people.
>>
>>5142116
They play the music at ~110 decibles. @ 200 decibles, you'd blow their ears drums and stun them.

The problem isn't the loudness of music, its mainly because its against their religious code to enjoy music. So whether this is rock music or rap or pop music, they will hate it. If its religious recitation like they do every morning on loudspeaker, they will be happy.
>>
>>5142244
Found the mad neurotypical.
>>
>>5141373
If anything we should make all crime punishable by death. I don't give a fuck about human rights or the Constitution if you steal or jaywalk or break the law you should be executed.
>>
ITT brainlets
>>
>>5142372
I would unironically consider making all felonies punishable by death if I were in charge of El Salvador or something.

It seems to be the way that Western Europe and East Asia got their murder rates down to such low numbers compared to the rest of the world.
>>
>>5141585
Since we are primates autist-kun we are supposed to be social beings and thus communicate with eachother all the time. You are socializing with humans right now.
>>
>>5141585
You are a fucking retard, mate. I just hope you're baiting.
>>
>>5142483
Humans operate within a bell curve. While most are social, there are extreme ends where sociability is a disease rather than a cure. These people don't experience loneliness when they are alone. They don't experience "social drought" that neurotypical experience. Thus can survive without "social" food for years.
>>
>>5142350
I remember when they were torturing Arabs in abu gharib. They ignored the heavy metal, chanted along with the hip-hop, and went psychotic when they played country music.
>>
>>5142508
Oh please anon smart guys socialize with other smart guys.
>>
>>5141670
Nah that clearly didn't inhibit your ability to communicate or reason.
>>
>>5142336
that's my point. the nature of crimes being antisocial does not mean that the criminals dislike social interaction. this thread is about antisocial criminal activities, not law abiding antisocial activities like living alone in a cabin for 19 years.
>>
>>5142519
That's a different curve you're talking about.
>>
>>5141414
Then just provoke them tinitus, idk stick a dick in their ears and they will suffer in solitary
>>
>>5142476
Basically. The reason why Asians and Whites are so non-violent is because over millennia we just murked anti-social people en masse.

It always bothers me when /pol/fags get all holier-than-thou when they witness lynchings in Latin America or Africa. It’s simply cleaning out their gene pools like we cleaned out our own.
>>
>>5142508
These people who are you talking about are mentally ill without any capacity of thought.
>>
>>5142562
From my perspective, you are mentally ill and have no capacity for thought.
>>
>>5142575
Stay in reddit, faggot.
>>
>>5142582
From my perspective, it is you who is in reddit.
>>
>>5142531
I only wish we could still Lynch our negros
>>
>>5141789
Cabin in woods is not same as being trapped in an empty room against your will, in woods you have free will you still have to perform daily tasks and you can entertain yourself and do something in prison you cant do shit especially if you are alone in your tiny empty room just rotting there and losing your mind.
>>
>>5142531
>>5142476
I'm not talking about other countries. I mean in Western countries. All prisoners and all criminals should be executed. Meaning that if you go to jail even if its some "harmless" crime like smoking in a restaurant and you refuse to stop or take it outside and thus you get arrested or if a 10 year old steals a candy bar at the store, they should be arrested and then they should be executed without a trial. Crime will go down in no time.
>>
>>5142754
I feel like it won't though. And it will instead just generate anger at a system where arrest means guilt and execution. Even if you turn out not to have done anything later. This just sounds like a recipe for inciting rebellion. Especially since the only way to enforce that level of punishment would be through an autocratic government.
>>
>>5141465

So you didn't read the OP, then.

>NO STIMULATION WHATSOEVER

You have no books, no computer, no crayons for coloring and snacktime. Nothing but four walls and a bunk.
>>
>>5142937
I don't give a fuck about your concerns. And fuck human rights. I don't care about that nor do I care about the Constitution for those who break the law. If you break the law, you get executed, it says so according to federal law. Federal law trumps whatever weasel law you interpret. Steal a TV, you get the firing squad, jaywalk, you get the firing squad.
>>
>>5142960
Yeah, but how are you going to get that passed on the federal level without taking away the people's ability to influence decision making? And get people willing to shoot children dead for your plan to work? Also, do you mean that federal law NOW says people get executed for crimes of any kind? Or are you referring to your hypothetical "crime-free utopia"?
>>
>>5142687
No it's the same thing when it comes to social contact which is what we were discussing in the first place
>>
>>5142960
It must be nice, being so simple.
>>
>>5142969
Just get some Patriots elected to the Supreme Court and roll back big-government laws on execution and make sure that the big government laws of abolishing the death penalty is repealed. Getting rid of the death penalty is big government liberalism.
>>5142971
And it must be nice that you can bad mouth the police all day and get a way with it.
>>
>>5142516
Same. Fuck corporate country
>>
>>5142992
But the death penalty is big gov't anon. You want to grant big brother the right to kill her citizens? Slippery slope tbqh
>>
>>5142992
The Supreme Court can only deal with matters brought to it by lower courts. So you would need people to sue FOR the death penalty in a state that does not provide capital punishment. This is because individual states decide if they shall enforce a death penalty or not. Now, this hypothetical lawsuit would also need to make its way from local courts to the state's individual supreme court. Then the Supreme Court full of "Patriots" would have to overturn the laws of individual states to set a new federal precedent. After that, every single minor law would have to be brought up through this system all the way to the Supreme Court so they could big-goverment a mandate that overrides local and state jurisdictions. This would all be difficult because the only crime mentioned in the Constitution is treason, which is narrowly defined. Not to mention, this is if the Legislative branch doesn't pass a law to forbid the Supreme Court from doing this. And causing further mess.
>>
>>5143024
>>5143002
I don't give a fuck what the lower courts or the states have to say about the death penalty and that is absolutely bullshit that only treason means the death penalty. Read the federal law you moran, it says that prisoners are killed so we need to enforce the the federal law more often. Look I'm not a huge federalist but big government types want you to think that the death penalty is wrong or its flawed. It's not flawed at all. And the big-govt laws on execution need to go and be replaced with a pro-2nd amendment stand your ground type of penalty for criminals. Meaning that if you break any law you should be executed when you reach jail.
>>
>>5142754
>>5142960
>>5142992
I agree with your ssssssentiment. Modern government is too sssssoft on crime. But of coursssssse, if you want to improve the world you have to do it yoursssssself.
>>
File: Judge-Death-pin-up.jpg (105 KB, 361x650)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>5143024
>>
>>5141373
>non-capital prisoners
You're making people you plan to eventually release completely insane.
>>
File: summer12-road-warrior.jpg (45 KB, 571x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>5142960
>>5143053
That's some serious edge right there bud.
>>
>>5143122
Go easy on him, he just turned 13. Hormones are a helluva drug.
>>
>>5142372
If you do that then you have just said that stealing bread is equal to genocide. This is a bad idea as it will increase crime, if a criminal was to rape someone what stops them from murdering them or keeping them as a slave? The extended prison time. If you punish all crime by death then they may as well keep the victim as a slave as their punishment is no different.
>>
>>5143053
Okay, the Constitution only mentions the death penalty for treason. Federal law allows for capital punishment for certain FEDERAL offenses. Ie, you are not tried in a lower court for them. Considering these laws have been passed by the legislature, you would need the Senate and the House to pass new laws for every crime on the books. Then have the Supreme Court defend them against the inevitable backlash.
>>
>>5143053
By the way "Federal crimes" means stuff like First Degree murder, murder during kidnapping, treason, espionage, murder related to sexual exploitation of a minor... Look, just follow the link, most of them are for a type of murder.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/federal-laws-providing-death-penalty
>>
>>5142516
based and redpilled
>>
If I have access to books, a notebook, a pencil, and a pull up bar I unironiclly wouldn't mind going to prison for a short amount of time(less than 4-5 years). I'll come out a superhuman able to work 100% without distractions
>>
>>5141603
>You're wrong
>"What, but I agree with you?"
>No, you're still wrong
Kek, never change /his/
>>
>>5142970
Autism
>>
>>5141373
Becauae unless they got life inprisonment they will be let oit eventually and then they will be really messed upp.
You have to combine there is a reason why you have to combine rehabilitation and punishment solething both conservative and liberal retard have a hard time understanding
>>
>>5141601
loitering
>>
>>5141373
for me, being alone in a room like this with internet and laptop forever isn't even a punishment
>>
File: gulag.jpg (370 KB, 1162x945)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>5141373

Slave labor is more beneficial for the state, whom they wronged.
>>
I generally believe that it isn't anyone's duty or right to match anyone else's heinousness, but to just deal with it appropriately.
I also believe prisons shouldn't exist except as to maybe house people who await trial or pose an immediate safety risk like child molesters but generally speaking I believe non-capital crimes which in my book should include first degree rape should be punished through corporal punishment, fines, forced labor or community service, or a combination of any of these.
This should exist in tandem with gun rights and laws allowing people to defend themselves.
>>
It all depends on what that ultimate purpose of jail is for. Is it solely to punish people for the wrongs that they did? Should the severity of the punishment fit the severity of the crime? How about any hope of reforming people so that they won't commit crimes again once they are released from prison?
>>
>>5144136
To be clear I meant first degree rape Should be considered a capital offense which it currently isn't in the US at least.
>>
>>5144117
>with internet and laptop

Where'd you get that bit?
>>
>>5144157
Norwegian prisons, I guess.
>>
>>5141373
Some stupid shit about being inhumane, apparently. Just kill them all.
>>
So, what has proven to be the most effective penal system?
>>
>>5144188
burning alive slowly
>>
>>5142947
There's a limit to what OP meant by "no stimulation" does that mean they can't move? Does that mean they can't think? Or blink? Or speak?

OP obviously isn't talking about pure sensory deprivation, otherwise he would have said so. Solitary confinement of any kind is simply just what the word implies, a solitary confinement. Not sensory depravation.
>>
>>5141373
Well that entirely depends about whether you want to rehabilitate them or not
>>
>>5141448
They have that in south America, and its a shit show. This is Litterally a more extreme version of American prisons, a bunch of faggots left in a room to their own devices.
>>
>>5143521
You'll probably come out with symptoms of ADD and not be able to concentrate on One thing, much less writing. You will get fit if they feed you right.
>>
>>5141373
Because it will hinder their re-entry into society as functional people. Duh.
"Tough on crime" fags are purely emotional. All they care about is satisfying their revenge boner and not about what actually works best to reduce crime or create a more just society. People like >>5142476 are proof of how insanely fucking retarded the concept is. Virtually everyone commits a crime at some point in their life even if its just a minor traffic violation or music piracy or disobeying some obscure law about horses and carriages that hasn't been relevant for 100 years but was never taken off the books. Making everything punishable by death just gives the government license to selectively kill whoever they want all the time. It's basically an even more retarded version of how the Philippines is now.
>>
>>5144947
Your implying that serious criminals aren't born that way, which is not true at all.
>>
It probably is the perfect punishment for prisoners capital and non-capital prisoners, if your idea of justice is just to inflict suffering on offenders.

>>5141431
Are you sure? Because most jobs don't pay a living wage. You don't have to pay a worker enough for them to afford room & board, but when you incarcerate somebody, you do. You also have to pay their babysitters.

You also wind up having to pay for their dependents so they can eat and keep a roof over their heads all the while, assuming that they can't afford to live without that lost income.

You also have to pay to put them there in the first place through the court system.

The penal system only pays to the prison who charges the taxpayer pretty much whatever it wants (to churn out hardened recidivists, or rather, repeat customers). To the taxpayer it is not a cost efficient source of labor. Giving work to prisoners is mostly for their own benefit and to HELP defray the costs, but again, that money goes right back to the prison -- not the taxpayer. Just like executions, penal labor is only cost efficient when it is extralegal, i.e. literal kidnapping & slavery.
>>
>>5141670
> no internet = no entertainment
We are talking about complete isolation here. No books, no tv, no vidya, no walking down the park hearing the birds chirping, no going to the store to buy hot pockets, nothing. Gee, I wonder why you were in a mental hospital
>>
>>5144947
I maintain that the automatic felony death penalty is a good idea for countries with high crime and limited resources.

Sure, a very large number of people are going to die, but the only alternative is letting gangs run the country because you physically can't build enough jails to hold all of them.
>>
>>5145887
>I wonder why
Schizophrenia
>>
>>5142970
You’re simply taking two completely different situations and focusing on the social (or lack of) aspect of it and saying it’s the same thing
>>
>>5142960
> if you break the law you get executed
There’s a place for that anon, I believe it’s called Iran. Move there I hear it’s a progressive country
>>
>>5141670
How did you rent an apartment on your own? Did you work? Or did you leech off disability
>>
>>5141373
bump
>>
>>5141373
um actualiy you dummy let me be clear the entiyre poiynt iys not puniyshment but rehabiyliytatiyon.. iy cant beliyeve iyou would be so callous and dumb tothiynk that the poiynt iys puniyshment.
>>
>>5143053
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
That's just torture, so it couldn't possibly work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.