[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: john-lennon-i49836.jpg (134 KB, 709x709)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
What's his problem?
>>
>>5325320
no dad
>>
>>5325320
drugs
>>
>>5325320
*was
>>
He was in love with Paul but they got in a big fight then he fell in love with Yoko and left for her but still loved Paul until his death. His wife was cheating on him and planning to divorce him before he was murdered
>Recall (or, for a younger generation, come and learn) that for the outlaw comedian Lenny Bruce, Jewishness was a matter of sensibility more than religion or tribe. All the Beatles were gentiles, for example, but John and Ringo were “Jewish.” Paul, on the other hand, overwhelmingly “Goyish.” (George is a matter of dispute.) It’s hard to say exactly what factors count — Paul’s sincerity, John’s bitterness, Ringo’s nose — but you know it when you see it.
https://forward.com/culture/402013/why-han-solo-is-the-most-goyish-star-wars-hero/
what did he mean by this
>>
Is this guy a commie sympathizer?
>>
>>5325320
I'm sure the constant use of drugs, the bombarding fame, tensions within the band, his experimenting with eastern religion and far-left politics, and to top it off a less than stable wife surely makes for a troubled person.
>>
>>5325320
a psychopath that hit and abused his gf, then when she couldn't keep a lid on it dumped her for a submissive asian one
put up a front by hypocritically singing about peace and love and became a success because such topics were very in with the soul searching hippies back then
>>
he was finno-ugric
>>
john lennon beat his wife
>>
File: best_army.jpg (104 KB, 780x520)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>5325342
to be fair, it was less obvious in the 1970s that communism didn't work, we had less historical evidence
>>
File: spock_kitty.jpg (45 KB, 500x375)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>5325337
clearly he is using "goyish" to mean outgoing, confident, and charismatic, whereas "jewish" to him means neurotic and introverted
>>
>>5326218
John Lennon's wife was beat
>>
>>5325412
>>5326218
Shut the fuck up Cynthia you're dead lol
>>
I feel like his later years make more sense if you believe that Paul really did die and was replace by a lookalike
>>
>>5325322
I think ultimately this.

>>5325412
>>5326218
While he did hit his wife, the extent of it has been exaggerated by the meme and unfortunately, it wasn't that unusual for the time.
>>
>>5325320
anyone seen that video of yoko screaming like a retard?

bitch fucking deserved more beatings
>>
>>5326318

Yoko isn't the one he hit.
>>
>>5325412
>Submissive

I always felt like Yoko was the dominant one in the relationship. Probably beat his ass too when he misbehaved. Something about her is scary.
>>
>>5326267
also Paul's songs are very straight-forward and 'pure of heart'
John's lyrics are very obtuse and indirect, Dylan-esque
>>
Has anyone ever actually read lennon's prose? It's garbage, gibberish, but got rave reviews at the time
>>
faggotry
>>
>>5325320
Fucked up childhood bruv.
>>
>>5325320
He's dead
>>
The...
Jews....
>>
>>5326450
His music didn't fare much better. Lennon's strength was as a collaborator. Left to his own devices, he had nothing beyond garden variety "quirky" hippie nonsense. One of the most overrated artistic figures ever.
>>
>>5327918
Yeah out of all the Beatles solo escapades, Lennon’s music was the worst. I kind of like a few of them, starting over, instant karma and strange days but most of it was garbage. McCartney after the Beatles was still amazing. Wings was great and so was RAM.
>>
>>5325320
A literal communist

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.