[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/i/ - Oekaki

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1557197970387.png (352 KB, 1100x1000)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
last thread: >>574617
Welcome to the Oekaki OC Thread! Post and talk about your original characters!
Please be polite and courteous to other posters! Inquiring about other's characters is always encouraged!
This is a place where you can talk freely and openly about your characters, so don't be shy!
Please remember to ignore and hide all shitposters (and avatarfags. It's against the rules, you know.)

This thread's theme is Original Characters. Do you have a character? Is it original?

Let's get drawing, Oekaki!
>>
thanks for using bun

please post theme songs
>>
File: 5 year comparison.jpg (377 KB, 760x800)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Long time no see.
[ https://youtu.be/Dlr90NLDp-0 ]

While this song, verbatim, doesn't exist in-setting, it's a good example of the chant she enjoys.
In lieu of the thread's theme of originality, I will go over aspects of her creation.
!! Longcat Ahead !!
I set the groundwork to begin:
>typical animu titty-monster
>high raw power, high available energy, knows some rare in-setting techniques like flight & skill stealing
>mascot for her faction
>poster-girl for various, basic energy skills I would devise
I balanced her out with some negative traits:
>no control over her energy once released (aka no remote manipulation)
>no grasp on weaving simple energy patterns (equivalent to just throwing straight punches in our world)
>her lack of refined technique suggests a coddled childhood
I added a hobby, & thought about her past & family:
>she enjoys chant
>so, she's religious & her family is too
>but, I don't want her to be a preachy bible-thumper or one of those secretly slutty girls from a private sorority, so she's introverted
>this means she prays & chants in private, & she's shy about her voice, regardless of her talent
>this also means she's socially awkward & didn't figure out her sexuality until adulthood. This raised questions for me.
>if she's religious, why is she a lesbian?
>what does this mean for the religions in-setting?
>does this push her into SJW territory, despite being an "ideal model?"
I think her flaws, her shyness/humility, & her religious outlook separates her from most SJW characters.
Where in-setting religion goes, all I've worked out is that it's nebulous like it is in our world.
All this branches from just a few simple concepts; there are still many things I haven't covered/answered.
While my shitty Dragon Ball rip-off isn't award-winning storytelling, I hope it gives insight on how even the slightest bit of thought can explode & fractal into an original setting/characters.
>>
How do you make a not shitty oc? Is it all about keeping it simple?
>>
>>575507
Good fucking fuck, do I have to wear a wig to smash now?
>>
>>575508
I would say putting in the effort to make a compelling character reduces their shittiness. You can have simple characters be good, like Frodo or Sam for instance, but also complex characters too. Where OCs are concerned, keeping them an acceptable distance from whatever inspired them can increase their quality.
These are all subjective, though, and I have no idea how to make a character objectively not shitty.
Of course, all this is coming from someone who makes his inspirations a little too visible & rambles on forever like an autist. ;^)
>>
>>575509
Well... canonically she's a lesbian, but according to string theory, there's nothing stopping you from fantasizing an alternate-universe version giving you a hot tit-job!
>>
We sticking to music, right?
>>
>>575513
I repeat for the other man;
As if you gave a shit.
>>
>>575515
If i didnt care i wouldnt be asking, also it's like the 4th time you say that without reason, chill.
>>
>>575516
>without reason
You'd know the reason if you didn't have the reading comprehension of a dyslexic retard cosplaying as Big Boss.
>>
>>575516
Just die >>575516
(~- . -)~
>>
please just hide and ignore his posts
>>
>>575521
and report them too
>>
File: music.png (119 KB, 475x528)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
Now that the theme is music, heres an attempt i did of my OC listening to music.
>>
File: GraceAndGlory.png (640 KB, 1560x1800)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
It's not entirely done, but here's a pic I drew of my characters, Grace and Glory.
>>
>>575524
Whoo, that's a great piece of work, so far!
>>
File: can i hold your hand.png (17 KB, 623x399)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
fun fact: dog boy (right) used to a digimon. since they have absolutely no concept of sexuality, he had no idea what sex was. eventually, he determined that sex is the same as eskimo kissing, and if he did that he would get pregnant
>>
>>575567
ok this is getting really fucking furry can you stop
>>
File: T - Sama.jpg (1.77 MB, 1873x2574)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>575501

I have an idea for a Grappler Baki style comic but I just cannot find the energy to make it.

Character is based on a tardigrade. Literal strongest character but his job is basically being a janitor/ groundskeeper.
>>
File: 1472694469097.png (249 KB, 500x660)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
Posting lando once again. I'm actually working on art myself so that I can draw him myself.

Hope everyone is doing alright.
>>
>>575583
Oh yeah, I remember you threads a whiiiile back, hope you're holding up well, man. And draw somethin new why don't ya!
>>
Just noticed i have too little musical stuff, need to draw more.
>>
>>575584
from threads* damn I'm as illiterate as mariel
>>
>>575584
I hope you're holding up as well anon. Can't remember the last time I posted in the thread, but I'm glad to be back. Hope I see some cool OCs in this thread.
>>
File: Furica.png (387 KB, 600x1000)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
It's been a while since I've posted, but like gets in the way sometimes. Just sorta getting back in the drawing saddle, so just a sketch for this character.

Hellknight Furica Arette may not be the strongest demon, but will certainly fight to the end no matter how dire a situation becomes. She wields the devil-spear Requiem, the Burgeoning Cacophony, a terrible weapon capable of evoking lightning and damaging sound.
While valourous in combat, Furica is rather shy when outside of armor, and is uncomfortable in large crowds. Since the age of warring between angels and demons has long since passed, Furica acts as an Enforcer, one of the few higher-ranking demons tasked with keeping infernal society as tame as possible.
Furica has the miraculous ability to ‘mutate’ a touched creature’s ability, altering one or more of its properties. For example, it may cause a regenerative creature to produce extraneous biological material when regenerating, or give a clairvoyant creature the ability to see into alternate dimensions.
If I had to pick a song, it would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWHZE14hP8
Requiem emits a sound like a brass instrument, and would be best described as powerful, yet mournful. Still have yet to finalize Requiem's design, hence its absence in the picture.
>>
Is edge necessarily bad, or do people just laugh at it now because of 12-year-old deviantart users? I've been getting into midwest emo music recently and it's influencing my colors (blacks, whites, grays, browns) when I draw. My story is already kinda edge anyway, so I'm kinda worried I'm going overboard
>>
>>575601
Looks like a mix of Goblin Slayer and the Zinogre armor from Monster Hunter. Am I right about the influences?
>>
>>575602
I LOVE EMO SHIT YES POST IT IT'S FINE
IT'S TWENTY-NINE-SCENE
>>
>>575577
Holy hell, I'd be drained if I tried to do even half that level of detail. This guy definitely looks like someone not to be fucked with.

>>575583
Eyy, I remember you. Good to see ya!

>>575601
Another excellent, high-detail piece. I love the armor & the ambiguity of the character; you don't even use pronouns for them! Wasn't expecting Lufia for their theme, but that's not a bad thing.

>>575602
I unironically don't see the problem. Sure, edge can be hilarious or trite, but the point of this thread is making something that's yours.
>>
And? You guys have a rough story planned out for your characters you'll never write?
>>
>>575525
Thank you!
>>
>>575623
The main goal is the drawing of the character, any story is secondary but helps setting up context.
Writing a novel is on an entirely different level than creating a single character, so I don't see what the issue is.
>>
File: backgroundpawns.png (280 KB, 1920x1080)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
i have some cute robot OCs that i have no idea what to do with..... i was thinking a webcomic but i have absolutely 0 worldbuilding skills. lol
here's the pawns! the rightmost one is called beep, she was the first one i ever designed. i love her like a child

(pls no bully am an /i/ noob)
>>
File: sin.png (1.56 MB, 1891x2155)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>575635

here's a slightly sinful doodle of 2 of my other robos.... they're both kinda seniors to the lil ones (bishop left, knight right)
bishop's basically beep's foster mother, lol
knight is also looking after her pawn (the blue one in the first pic, second one)

maybe i should just say fuck it and make a dating sim. that seems easier. i just want to do SOMETHING with them, yknow?
I've made youtube animations with them but that's as far as i can manage. urgh
>>
File: 1451167879378.png (292 KB, 1064x1067)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
Here's an old one of mine named Pawn. He could control various objects to do his dirty work. Basically he could make Chess themed golems.
>>
>>575623
ok sure i'll post mine

This is Lucia. She's went through a million name, character, and story changes. The original story idea thinking back on it was a bit of a rip off from naruto. (blonde haired ninja), whereas now i'm thinking of a more traditional fantasy referencing real history. I'll probs just use it for pathfinder or d&d tho at best.

Kingdom of Celestia

Lucia is a sorcerer princess with actually glowing blond hair.

Under their jurisdiction, it is against the law (and tradition) for anyone to begin their name with "lu", this is a privilege reserved only for the royal family.
Here's all the lu names I could think of. Lucille, Luther, Lucia, Luisa, Lucella, Luphona, Luther, Luke, Luka, Lucas, Louis, Lüdrick, Lunaire, Lucester, Lustae, Lury, Lume, Lutzar, Lupe, Luanna, Lupin, Luflora, Lufiora, Luria ,Lustepher, Lustinian, Lum.

Some ideas are: A "mundane-esque" world with a proper magic economy that makes sense, and doesn't necessarily out compete mundane methods of food and military production due to the stresses, energy, and expertise involved in magic (though it does assist where it can).
The world is finite, material, and mundane like ours (no extra dimensions, though there is a god and demons, you generally won't interact with them). Holy relics are instead the greatest source of mystery and power, though they aren't magical. Story takes place during a type on the industrial revolution, except with magic instead of factories (production is still done by artisans). For example "back in my day fireball used to be wee big (holds hands eh size), but these days the fire is all the way from over here to over there." Militarizes are finding that mass infantry formations no longer works due to the increased magical firepower, and are instead opting for smaller companies distributed across a front line (hint hint, adventurer parties). This is especially feasible with the improvements to telepathic magic.
>>
>>575643
shid, here p i c c

I think of the magical revolution as being akin to the discovery of a method of purification of magical ingredients, meaning a higher level of precision and allowing you to do things that simply were not possible before. What is happening is the cascading effect of discoveries emanating from this, revolutionizing warfare.

(loosely analogous to the development of precision machining, thanks to new polishing techniques that create the flat surfaces necessary for precise work)
>>
>>575643
damn she's hot
>>
>>575635
>>575636
These are lovely. Welcome to the board, too, hope to see more from you!

>>575637
Neat! This is cool/creepy, makes me think of the SMT games.

>>575643
>>575644
Sounds like you have good ground-work for your setting. It's not often that I hear about an industrial era that isn't all gears and blimps, so this is a nice change!
Lucia is quite cute, too.
>>
File: emmett.png (19 KB, 804x821)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>575623
I do! I'm not gonna share because it would ultimately end up being an endless wall of text shitting up the thread. There's a metric ton of stuff that I would have to cover even before I get into the story from the characters' perspective.
>>
>>575654
>There's a metric ton of stuff that I would have to cover even before I get into the story from the characters' perspective.

This is true passion for the craft, what it means to go further beyond.
>>
File: tardigrade sama.png (175 KB, 1360x914)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>575577
>Grappler Baki
absolutely based
i recommend picking up kengan ashura & any luther strode titles you can find, they're all pretty easy to read online although STLS might take a while to find
>>
Anybody got any vids or anything on how to make a proper character shape/silhouette? I wanna make a sorta depressing tired looking character, but I'm not sure how to shape his body to show that off really, and I feel like giving everyone really normal bodies is sorta boring. All I really know how to do is normal body shapes and big gorilla like bodies for older but stronger characters (think King Pin from Into the Spiderverse)
>>
File: flake.png (354 KB, 1316x1259)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
unrelated but i'd like to remind everyone that the COH /coxg/ server is doing 9x exp and influence

>>575664
unironically the virgin from the chad meme is a good example of a depressed silhouette for a character
although i imagine you'll want to exaggerate the features for a dramatic effect
>>
File: 20190516_172319-1.jpg (747 KB, 1677x2981)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
>>575664
Oh and here is a quick sorta proto type for the character I'm trying to make. He's supposed to be some kinda undead detective, but in here he looks like some type of sheriff from a western. I'm kinda insistent on keeping the hat and the revolver though, because both of those at
re fun to draw. I also want this guy to be sorta a more reluctant character, and I feel like a revolver is a good weapon choice to represent that considering he'd have to be more careful with his shots
>>
>>575670
>the colors/action pose/effects
Fucking awesome. I hope to one day reach this level!
>>
>>575671
Very cool, always liked the idea of an undead who has enough presence of mind to not just attack everything. I'm not too great at drawing skellies myself, but this is on-point with human anatomy.
>>
File: Untitled7-1-1-min.png (1.76 MB, 1592x2379)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>575671
And here are some other drawings I did a few days ago to get the concept down. I posted the worm dude in the last thread. He was intended to be the main character, but I decided to make him sorta the sidekick that would contrast the skele guy's attitude by being more chaotic and impulsive. He's supposed to use an automatic. I've never really made ocs before so some criticism would be nice too

Also fuck 4chan's file image size holy hell
>>
File: hier nen euro.gif (274 KB, 444x250)
274 KB
274 KB GIF
>>575568
i honestly should draw more human people but my autism wont let me
>>
>>575681
just stop giving them animal heads you fuck or I'm gonna call the nanny and have them take u to >>>/trash/
>>
File: florida man.png (13 KB, 505x424)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>575682
>>575681
yes. Florida man
>>
File: fly man.png (9 KB, 400x371)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>575684
Here's Fly-Man. His superpower is annoying people with flies. That's it
>>
>>575684
"florida man defeats over a dozen police officers trying to arrest him for possession of bath salts and public masturbation"
some1 plz make this pic happen
>>
File: the welder.png (8 KB, 251x509)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>575685
Here's The Welder. He uses the helium tanks on his back to create magic balloons, which serve a variety of functions, based off of the face they make.
>>
File: 91_May16_Bros.png (29 KB, 750x750)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>575685
>>575691
I unironically enjoy these ideas.
>>
>>575698
That thing on the right is disgusting.
>>
File: 92_May16_Rad.png (13 KB, 450x450)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>575699
Oh hey! I think I recognize the tone of this and a previous post.
How've you been, man?
>>
>>575698
>>575699
>>575705
it's difficult living in a world where someone could easily look at your character and saying "oh that looks just like ____"

elephant in the room
>>
>>575706
Especially when the blank is James Charles.
>>
>>575707
and u look like projared but u dont see me sayin nothin
>>
Bullseye, i guess?
>>
>>575708
You sayin nothin because yo ass look like the butterface bitch he cheated with.
>>
>>575710
anon....
is this a roundabout way of you saying you wanna have sex with me?
>>
>>575707
I would have said "if Metaton wished to become a real boy and grew a swiss cake roll pompadour," but I guess you're right too.

>>575708
>>575710
Just because the mods on /v/ are allergic to this drama doesn't mean you should bring it here.
>>
File: 86_May14_Doodle.png (14 KB, 650x450)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>575706
I honestly don't find it annoying, really.
It's quite easy to make connections to other series when the character's key features are a pompadour and a flashy vibe, something you only see on a select few characters.
I'd rather let people have fun and make that connection (to other characters they like, mind you) than take offense to it.
Gotta have fun!
>>
>>575714
For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with him. Yes, I did compare him to Metaton, but I don't have an issue with him. It's mostly the colors, the sparklies, the eyes, and the heart belt-buckle.
I think, if anything, he's unique in the fact there haven't been other flamboyant dudes being posted here, and I welcome the variety.
>>
>>575714
This, man.

It can be flattering, or annoying. Truly what matters is you enjoy what you make. Godspeed on your adorable work.
>>
File: Vinea.png (600 KB, 1000x1100)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
I had intended to post this character a few threads ago because of her nickname, Storm King, but alas.
Here's Vinea Leonhardt anyway.

>>575603
Not intentionally. I've never laid hands on a MonHun game, you see.
Midway through fleshing out the helmet, I realized it looked like Goblin Slayer, funny enough, although this too was unintentional.

>>575614
You're too nice to me, anon
>>
Haven’t drawn much recently but these threads always give me an excuse.
Pictured here is a villain I’ve been working on: Yomi. In a world of magic and mystery, her greatest strength is...
Keeping her eyes open. But with a good pair of eyes, blistering speed, sharp wits, and finely tuned skill, she has just about all she needs to become one of the deadliest serial killers in history, even without magic. Her origins are shrouded in mystery, and many believe she’s not even human, but a force of nature. But really, she’s about as human as anyone else. What she seeks is simply comfort, which, in her mind, is knowing she can survive; knowing that she can kill whenever the itch to do so arises, and get away with it. And the best way to do that is to become such a potent threat that even the best mages couldn’t stop her. But that same desire for comfort could potentially be exploitable, if things didn’t go according to plan, for example...

>>575698
>>575705
This man has exceptionally powerful hair, and I love it. Pompadours are spectacular.

>>575724
Love the details on this one.
>>
File: no coats.png (18 KB, 598x509)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Przybetta and Limilla, but all of their winter clothing is off of their person. Przybetta definitely does not give a shit about the cold.
I would have drawn more, but the only other character that I know has something under her coat is Hei-Ran, and I already procrastinated enough today.
>>575507
This is a sudden jump in quality! Now we know that Limill- I mean Lucia- I mean Ionic compound- I mean Ionia canonically has torpedo tit armor. God it's been too long. I'm pretty sure that women's breasts are supposed to grow in relation to their overall body size, so her 15 year old self looks like her head got plastered onto a boy's.
>>575577
You really need to calm down, the next drawing might come to life to grab every pussy in your neighborhood if you get all that detail up with it.
>>575601
>>575724
Oh, good, you're back too!
>>
File: gremori.png (606 KB, 1000x1300)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
my tablet is dying but I wanted to post something so oh well

Gremory is the 56th of the 72 Spirits of Solomon. In life, she was a duchess, and would often torture revolting commoners by slathering them with honey and sugar and tieing them to trees so insects would slowly eat away at them.
She grew a deep fondness for insects.
Eventually, she was overthrown, and the same torture method she had inflicted on countless people had been done to her. It's said that she would smile as she was being eaten alive by her favorite creatures.

Just as ruthless in death as she was in life, she had been honored as a great duke of hell.

Also I'm bad at drawing guns but she uses a pepperbox revolver and all of her bullets look like bees.
>>
File: Sleepy_catgirl_redone.webm (113 KB, 1920x1080)
113 KB
113 KB WEBM
Zoey the catgirl.

A huge bookworm and sweet spirit. Worries a lot about minor issues. Nitpicky. Protective of her things.
>>
>>575795
do you take constructive criticism ?
>>
>>575501
A sour, unsure-of-himself psychic teenager haunted by the ghost of his abusive mother (not pictured). Trying to make his design more consistent between doodles.
>>
>>575796
I'd appreciate criticism for the animation. I want to make it more realistic.
>>
>>575795
I thought that there was nothing to match that James Charles looking abomination.

I thought wrong.
>>
>>575795
make the eyes whiter, them being that shade of grey is haunting
>>
>>575795
arms too short
animation is uncanny
character is uninspired and looks like what 11 year olds on deviant art come up with
"anime girl in a t shirt"
>>
>>575795
Glitchy tail.
>>
>>575839
why are you still here
fuck off already
>>
File: Shadoku.png (12 KB, 439x699)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>575501
These threads are always so inspiring
>>
File: get fucked nigga.jpg (337 KB, 1614x1614)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
my girl punchin
>>
>>575843
furries have a board
>>
>>575844
got it
>>
File: 1464487686705.png (2.81 MB, 2000x3000)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
>>575841
Just posting OC stuff, since its music theme, heres another one.
>>
>>575583
I really love ghastly characters with pumpkin heads! I had to doodle him real quick.
>>
>>575847
there isn't a music theme and you didn't draw that
eat shit you dumb cunt
kill yourself
>>
>>575828
>James Charles
Get that celeb drama shit out of here you mongoloid. Either post art or fuck off.

>>575834
Constructive criticism

>>575836
I agree with the first point. 2nd point is what I thought as well.

>>575839
Never noticed that.
>>
>>575860
>Either post art or fuck off.
You didn't post art though, you posted complete shit that belongs in its own board. I'm being very generous when I say that, because I can't imagine anyone who would think it belongs anywhere but the 6th circle of hell.
>>
File: 1456043571736.png (360 KB, 762x1072)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
This is a real old guy that was named Tondo I had planned on using for something but then I just didn't for some reason. He was based on the chinese story of the painter that could bring his paintings to life.
>>
File: dissu189.png (16 KB, 757x727)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>575504
https://youtu.be/OtRiefPK4jU
>>
>>575868
oh hey shadowboy
nice snow halation remix
this song makes.me think of you too https://youtu.be/xxQg5aNcQSM
>>
File: 1495594592166c.jpg (92 KB, 600x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
>>575872
Fuck off back to /aco/
>>
>>575792
>the only other character that I know has something under her coat is Hei-Ran
Can't say I blame them, going commando is very liberating.

Is it still called going commando when referring to boobs?

>15 year old self looks like her head got plastered onto a boy's.
Too true. My lack of experience in drawing fatties is showing! I would work on that, but I dun liek drawing fatties.
>>
Another one of my favorites.
>>
File: Scan28-05-2019.png (245 KB, 1126x1147)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>
File: no coats2.png (17 KB, 598x509)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>575792
I really thought posing would be one of the last things I'd have to worry about, not the very first.
>>575874
No, no, no no nononononono. Wrong. Wrong. Read it again.

I establish "canon" underwear for characters sometimes, depending on their likability. For example, undressing a 19 year old Daedalus of his coat would leave him with a green t-shirt, and Przybetta always had a purple sports bra.
>>
>>575880
Your character design has improved a lot over the years. Also it's interesting, your girlfriend's influence on your style is really apparent, though I wanna make it clear I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
>>
File: partly cloudy.png (415 KB, 1000x1300)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
too lazy to do her job

>>575504
can't decide between https://youtu.be/8_7LPDYLkew
or
https://youtu.be/PaTfMqZkqxc
>>
>>575884
Aha, gotcha! Sorry about that.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.