[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This fcking shit keeps breaking the lead. It's some all metal chinky shit I purchased from Amazon Recommend me Good automatic pencils. This is irritating
>>
>>3514042
this doesn't happen on digitalâ„¢
>>
>>3514044
No, you just can't get past the brush settings and you obsess over them (more like pixel settings, because really, that's what digital drawing really is).

>>3514042
Stop pressing down so hard on the lead. 0.3 and 0.5mm leads are not the kind of lead you press down on to get darker lines unless you have a 2B or darker lead in your mechanical pencil. Standard HB lead can only give so much before it breaks.

Use a 0.9mm mechanical pencil to accomplish darker lines or a good old standard HB wood pencil.
>>
>>3514042
The problem isn't the tool, you're just pressing wayyyy too hard.
>>
File: IMG_20180712_011503.jpg (3.46 MB, 3456x4608)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
On second look it seems Scott doesn't even use a pencil for these exercises
>>
>>3514042
what lead? not ain stein?
>>
>>3514142
some MILAN crap 120pcs
techno polimer(dfq?)
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (20 KB, 770x800)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>3514063
Nigga you still pressing too hard
>>
>>3514063

Did you even read his book? He uses a ballpoint pen for almost everything.
>>
>>3514042
don't press so hard, and use a ballpoint pen. If you want to get a good automatic pencil, get a koh-i-noor versatie 5201, or the toison d'or one
>>
>>3514836
>the exercises on the pictures are from the first 5 pages
What do you think?
>>
god damn homie why you pressing down so hard? the pencil didn't do anything to you.
>>
Maybe switch to those 2mm mec. Pencils if you insist on using pencil

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.