[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




confess
>>
I'VE NEVER DONE A STUDY IN MY LIFE

OH GOD
>>
>>3627100
I've only read about half of Fun With A Pencil.
>>
>>3627100
I'm unironically depressed because of my poverty that comes from thinking I could make money from art and I end up taking more work than I can feasibly do because I can't live otherwise and there always end up being a few people here and there for whom I just can't finish the work they paid me for and then I spend years thinking to myself I'm going to finish it or at least give them back their money. So far I've been unable to do either.
>>
File: 1478809463638.jpg (60 KB, 522x468)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3627100
I unironically mean it whenever I say "God I wish that were me" and I am looking at the drawing right now. God I wish that were me.
>>
I come to this board once per year, download all the books and recommended stuff for beginners and end up giving up after a few shitty drawlings.
I feel like death
>>
i can't figure out charcoal
>>
i stopped going to church because id rather stay at home drawing
>>
>feel motivated to draw
>drawing looks like shit
>get depressed and gives up on drawing
>sees awesome art online
>feels motivated to draw
>repeat

yet i do nothing to improve
>>
File: r_331797_Q9XeF.jpg (149 KB, 700x700)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>3627100
I've been a neet for a year and had plenty of time to get good, but my discipline is shit, so I barely improved at all, fuck me.
>>
I make fanart of characters from shows I haven't watched.
>>
i rely way too heavily on references. when i try to draw from imagination i want to cry because it looks /beg/ half the time

granted I still get pretty good results when i draw from reference so i keep doing it, but i feel like a cheat no matter how much i stray from the source material
>>
I-I drew e-ecchi drawings of my waifu
>>
File: 1535182706699.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>3627100
I used to trace a lot to make myself feel better about my abilities.
I left 3 pages into Loomis, looking into different artbooks instead, but recently picked up the japanese Loomis book teaching essentially the same thing but with unintelligible moonrunes and went through it in a week or so just because it's japanese.
I think I could get very good in no time because I have extreme confidence in my potential. I make retarded progress and retain a shitton of things every time I draw or paint for prolonged periods of time, but I don't do that often because I'm lazy and would rather watch anime or do stupid doodles instead.
Despite all that I still take a lot of pleasure from bashing Sakimchin and her shit art, Kr0ns traces and whatnot whenever I get the occasion because it's lazy boring shit destined to get regurgitated by retarded normalfags and their art ultimately reminds me of the fact that I'm even lazier than they are and not even 5% as successful.
>>
>>3627141
Time your self, start with one minute of drawing, increase one minute daily. Break up your drawing time throughout the day as the the session gets longer.

You keep this going until you get to your desired daily drawing time.
>>
I don't show my art to anyone I know irl because I know that they'll never understand the work I had to put in. I guess i'll settle for making myself happy alone.
>>
>>3627217
that's the best way to go at it. i feel so free on doing whatever the fuck i want without anyone in my life judging me for it.
>>
>>3627100
I can't draw anything without a reference.
>>
i used to be very autistic about drawing everything with no references.
>>
>>3627100
I'm listening to Rory Gallagher and complaining about 30 year old boomer sad feels instead of studying perspective like I should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUbLtdqdg9E
>>
>>3627103
...

neither have i to be honest
>>
>>3627115
What drawing? Do you want to be Miuna?
>>
>>3627100
I can draw decently with references. Without references, I'm lost as if a blind person.
>>
I want to draw for fun, but I'm slowly wanting more views than fun. I feel like I'm turning into a monster.
>>
>>3627109
you dont really need to read any more
>>
>>3627168
Best thing for this is, draw a 1 point perspective, front view of a part of the construction of the body, the head, leg, rib cage, whatever. From there, on the right draw it slightly rotated to the right, then the next one more rotated to the right etc. then do this for all directions. It's tedious, but it will concrete them in your mind. Use reference first time if need be.
>>
I've been posting on /ic/ for three years but haven't spent more than 30 mins in total actually drawing something
>>
There's one autismo here who frequently whines on soc media on how shitty his art is and how drawing is hard. If you read this, I hope you don't stop because I very much enjoy seeing your whineposting
>>
>I only draw autistic porn/smut/filth
>Can't and haven't shared my work with family, but they know I can draw. It fills me with shame wondering what they must think I'm drawing. It can't be worse than what I actually am doing.
>I never reference or study and it shows
>I've lost my passion for art since my friend stopped drawing with me
>It takes like 10 hours of work for me to finish a 'good picture' (for my ability) and I hate commissions because of this. I can't charge more because it's not worth it
>I don't have a method I experiment every time I draw and it's one of the reasons my commissions take forever to finish
>My hentai foundry viewers are the only reason I draw but I don't get many and they're not a talkative bunch
>The only 'friends' I made from my art have all been selfish users
>I like to make my own 'rivalries' in my head with other artists... So far they've all beaten me, if I'm honest
>>
Sometimes I feel like giving up on doing normal art entirely and focusing entirely on fetish stuff just because that's all anyone cares about from my account.
>>
>>3627141
Hit the gym it'll create a rhythm you can use.
>>
I only jack off to skill or technique in art rather the subject matter. I have jacked off to KJG just drawing boxes before.
>>
>>3627100
Almost every time i get commissions I get asked to copy someone else’s art.
I’m sick and tired of people telling me, “I think this’ll look great in your style!” and then when I send them drafts they’re lukewarm about it and want me to basically be a different fucking artist.
Why come to me in the first place if you wanted someone else’s art? I can’t help but take it personally.
>>
File: 1427099597979.jpg (146 KB, 728x690)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
I've been drawing since 2014 with the goal of gitting gud and am still your average /beg/gar.
I at least want to become intermediate at some point in my life.
>>
I'm black and I'm proud.
>>
>>3627666
Settle down, Satan.
>>
I bought DAZ 3D models and body morphs so I can trace them. It makes me feel horrible but I'm able to do a lot of comissions quick this way.
>>
I'm supposed to do a bunch of photo studies but I keep procrastinating by painting shit that is fun but doesn't really teach me anything. Sure I'm still painting, but it doesn't really help me in the long run. Anyone in a similar downward pattern?
>>
File: CIH9JLQUAAA-3hv-1.jpg (39 KB, 569x800)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3627115
I feel jealous of many of po-jus characters. I tend to judge the writing of trap porn extremely hard.
>>
>>3627731
it takes longer to edit and pose a model than it does to actually thumbnail and sketch stuff out so I don't get the point
unless youre absolute retarded beg
>>
I took the factory job. I've been up all night working an industrial printer, and now I'm sitting in a diner, preparing to make my agonizingly long commute home, wondering where I'm going to find the energy to work on the project I will be interviewing about this afternoon.
>>
File: kag.jpg (185 KB, 2048x1108)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>3627894
Get a coffee, smile at the waitress, go to the bathroom and throw some water on your face. Pep yourself, because you need to get on with it bro. I think you can do it.
>>
>>3627899
Sipping coffee right now. Will have a few hours to rest before I need to think about art, anyway.
>>
>>3627860
You're not wrong. I'm not confident in my anatomy so I resort to these dirty tactics.
The comissions I get per month pay more than twice my old job. I'd love to do studies and get serious but I always think "I could be making money right now"
>>
I've kinda been using art as just a way to procrastinate.
>>
>>3627100
Anytime I need to draw realistically proportioned figures, I trace over a saved model in Design Doll that I pose, screenshot and draw over in Photoshop. Anytime I need to draw a realistic face (especially to capture someones likeness), I'll just trace the general proportions of their face from a photo.

I make a living as a freelance illustrator, and I do the above anytime a project calls for it. I value my time & a speedy workflow much, much more than creating everything from scratch. It's a win-win for both myself and the client, and there's honestly no reason not to do so because absolutely no one cares about your workflow.
>>
>>3627910
Wish I had your problem. I'm all skill and 0 commissions because I don't know how to use twitter
>>
File: 1532673275385.png (94 KB, 211x211)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>3627294
The drawings you work on, don't you ever want to be the them sometimes?
>>3627859
>You will never be a cute po-ju fuccboi with extremely cute and sexy clothing.
It's not fucking fair.
>>
>>3627927
Heretic! Although it's pretty understandable if you make art for someone else, I couldn't bring myself to do that for my own projects though.
>>
File: IMG_8082.png (156 KB, 582x610)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
I never sit down and practice even tho I have a lot of spare time and when I do all I do is draw the same thing and never practice anything else. Just kill me maine
>>
I am actually trash ;_;
>>
No one care shit about my art, unless i draw fanart furry porn.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (93 KB, 768x768)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I can't fucking handle some of the crit I get on /ic/, I'm usually able to type up some sort of calm and polite response to scathing crit but it tears me up on the inside. I only browse /ic/ for a couple weeks, before having to take a break because hearing people tear apart my art and call me lazy or stupid or whatever just sends me into a bout of self loathing.
>>
I love artist drama so much
>>
>>3628249
this is me too. I'm such a pussy I don't post much stuff anymore because bad crit knocks my confidence so hard
>>
>>3628409
I love bad crits. They're so much less harsh than the things I already tell myself every waking moment of my life.
>>
>>3627731
can you post a screenshot on how it looks, the set up model I mean
>>
I trace/photobash from photos/3D models. No one cares about the process nowadays as long as the end product looks good.
>>
drawing traditionally disgusts me.
>>
>>3627100
I have no friends and I want to die.

I can't get a gf because I'd feel ashamed to drag another person into my misery.
>>
>>3628465
When you decide to shoot your head off, put a signed canvas behind you.
>>
>>3628465
I can be your friend if you're a girl uwu
>>
>>3627100
i dont really care any more
i dont care what people think of art, what i think of art, creating art, finding art'
i just by chance will see something i like save it and move on
>>
>>3628692
I like you brother
>>
>>3628324
>>3627601
same here
All your whining sustains me
>>
Im way too concerned with hurting the people who anger me, I used to fantasize about hurting them before I really got into religion. I really think I could do it if I was angry enough and given the chance.
>>
>>3627153
I make fanart of characters from games I haven't finished, or even played.
>>
>>3627648
a true gmi
>>
>>3627100
one day my parents will find my big stack of porn drawings and jizz on the walls, and it will all be over.
>>
>>3627613
anon...
I believe in your improvement capabilities
>>
I think I'm beginning to hate drawing, and I like it. It makes me want to draw more.
>>
File: 1530142984017.jpg (85 KB, 900x900)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>3628780
>A bitter crab in the making
>>
File: 8ji.jpg (69 KB, 517x603)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3628791
im going to fuck nico
>>
havent drawn in literally a year. I will be 22 next week and im slowly giving up hope that ill make it.
>>
I really just want to be able to make high quality drawings of my obscure husbandos.
>>
File: 1498292512838.jpg (36 KB, 632x479)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3628794
>22 years old
>giving up hope
Fuck off, you've got a good 50 years left in you and you're convinced that it's too late at 22?
Nigga imagine all the improvement you can make in a year of hard training, and then you've got the rest of your life to improve.
Don't be an early quitting homo, grow some testes.
>>
>>3628791
>implying I haven't been a crab for years
>>
I'm kinda sad being so late in the social media game. Feeling delusional and reclusive.
>>
>>3628964
Same here.
Not sad, but I feel out of date.
Just made a twitter and I already feel weird about it since I ditched all that fb social media crap years ago.
Only difference now is I'm not in it to see the happy lives of people I know, but just for art only.
>>
I have no greater fear than finding that my well of creativity has run dry.
>>
>>3628477
Ah, good old cynicism.

Somehow, you actually cheered me up a bit

>>3628666
I'm not a girl but I wouldn't mind sucking your dick if that's what you mean

>>3629483
It's not a well, it's a muscle. Keep listening to that little fairy advisor in your brain and her voice will grow louder
>>
>>3627100
I actually didnt draw a thing the last 3 years
>>
File: 1536719490320.jpg (14 KB, 384x384)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>3629508
>I'm not a girl but I wouldn't mind sucking your dick if that's what you mean
Not him, but don't go out your way and start to suck dicks just to have some company broski. Go start lifting weights.
>>
File: 1538758729605.jpg (17 KB, 316x239)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
I can only draw when I'm horny.
I hate this.
>>
I have never seen a vagina irl
t.25yo
>>
>>3628744
clean your walls what the fuck
>>
Drawing just stresses me out nowadays. I'm going to school for it and if I can't make it then I'll have no life.
I also have a hard time drawing interesting poses from imagination. I know the answer is to just keep studying and drawing, but it feels shitty to just be a study bot.
>>
>>3629596
I thought that's assumed for everyone here.
>>
>>3629602
I don't know how to get the stains out
>>
I cannot for the live of me draw in public. I am skilled but every time I've got myself into a situation where I have to draw in front of people, the only stuff that comes out is /beg/ shit. It's the reason I don't say I like to draw when I meet new people anymore.
>>
I'm a /tg/ worldbuilding autist who only comes to this board to snatch neat ideas for my inspiration folder.
>>
>>3629651
i thought i was the only one, it's like i have drawing ed or something.
>>
>>3629651
think it's anxiety, you might go too fast trying to make something impressive and your mind might be stuck thinking about what others are thinking instead of the drawing, then you could only draw something mindless/default. My experience.
>>
>>3629650
oh my god dude
>>
>>3629541
I've been working out for the past year and it does help to some extent, but I still have quiet stuttering voice and depression to worry about. Honestly, women are so difficult, you think you know them and at the same time you absolutely don't, there's so much drama and spent energy you just end up thinking why even bother.
Thanks for your concern tho

>>3629808
Same
>>
>>3629567
kek
>>
File: 1537551702497.jpg (41 KB, 503x494)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>3629651
>Drawing public
>"What're you drawing anon?"
>"Is it a peeeeeenis?"
>>
I dont know if going to art school was the best for me since they dont teach the technique i want to study,at least youll learn sth from the process but i dont want to end up hating my work at the end of the day cuz its not what im looking for...should i settle down and be a designer like everybody else?
>>
I'm a day late on my inktober uploads every day
>>
>>3627100
The more I draw and improve, the more I realize how much further there is to go. It’s like the goalpost keeps being moved. The gap between the revered pros and myself grows wider.
>>
>>3629928
Im drawing boxes
>>
i don/t wanna do life studieees reeeeeeeee
>>
>>3627100
I put more effort into my porn than my "serious work"
>>
>>3629013
Yeah, I guess out of date is a better way to describe it. Made an art twitter but get literally no interaction and only bait followers on IG. I used tumblr these past 6 years and jumping back in to my real accounts and finding all my family members on ig, fb, etc with their minions memes was kind of weird.

I just gotta get out of the comfort zone. Good luck to you anon.
>>
I draw minimum five hours a day
[spoiler]and just mindlessly doodle loomis heads
>>
Since I've stopped being a NEET and started working fulltime I haven't been drawing much at all.
>>
>>3630884
Understandable
>>
I wasted five years of my life in the worst artschool ever.
>>
i trace and if im not tracing im copying a ref
i cant draw a human pose from scratch
>>
I havent finished a drawing in two years that wasn't for a client because nothing i draw feels worth finishing
drawing makes me suicidal but it's all i really have left
i have no friends and im always too busy drawing to make any, i dont feel like i could anyway because i'm weird and have poor social skills so i just keep drawing in hopes that i'll just stop feeling lonely
ive been drawing since i was a child and i feel like the more i learn about drawing the less good i actually am. i feel like i just get worse over the years
i dont think ive ever really seen or drawn anything in my life.
>>
File: 1254448345711.jpg (13 KB, 312x238)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I generally ignore artists who i happen to hate but there's one in particular that i hate so goddamn much, i spend at the very least an hour every week shittalking her with my friends and bf
>>
>>3627100
I can't absorb my studies. I get it for a day or two and it just disappears cause idk how to apply it and I just stick to what I'm comfortable with
>>
File: images (8).jpg (9 KB, 275x183)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>3627204

Lazy people who "could be" anything are a dime a dozen. You aren't special. If you don't put the time forth to develop something you're obviously interested in, then you'll grow old without ever growing your talents, and you'll be just that.

Undeveloped talent.

A pro tip? Stop being so damn flimsy. Don't succumb to your moment-to-moment feelings. Actually focus on something.
>>
File: sdads_001..jpg (136 KB, 500x500)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>3631423
right there with ya. I'm a NEET that had hope that he'd magically make it if he worked hard, like in the movies. 3 years down the drain, and at least 5 hours a day (a lot of studying), but the passion just isn't there to make anything worth a damn, and I've tried so hard to love this and make it my life, yet I have such a lack of desire to actually make/finish anything. My family is underwhelmed by my ability, they can see the lack of passion because of the laziness in my art, telling me to move on. When I show them my work it's unfinished, it's bland, it's boring, it's garbage, I'm embarrassed to show anyone my work.

They say to work hard, but they never say it doesn't always work out.
>>
>>3631564
hang in there cowboy
>>
>>3631521
Tell me why you hate this person. I need more juicy artist drama
>>
>>3627100
I haven't read through any books on drawing, and I have barely read or watched through any other guides.
I have huge folders full of references that I never use.
I trace appealing poses and faces from porn and doujins so that I don't have to keep the actual pics or videos. I may then use them as references, but mostly they simply improve my visual library.
Sometimes I envy artists who are more successful.
I've been giving others advice and redlines since I was a 2-months-into-drawing beginner.
Sometimes I defended myself in discussions involving my works or me personally while pretending to be someone else.
I like to cover my waifu in cum.
>>
File: 1436070369574.jpg (9 KB, 500x500)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>3631580
I have no idea how she has any followers at all. Her art is so oversaturated, her colors are terrible and it all looks like soggy artsy muppets fanart, and she's very conceited despite this
Oh and every single fucking time she retweets fanart of a character she likes she puts out a billion tweets about how much she loves them. She NEVER shuts up about how much of a lesbian she is, it's fucking unbearable.
She also likes to stay """neutral""" in our community too but still vaguely talks about how she dislikes other artists more popular than her, and is friends with people who openly wish for their death
If you're not friends with her or with someone in her clique then good fucking luck getting into any zines on our community
I know i already said her shit is oversaturated but it genuinely hurts my eyes, i cannot stress this enough, it's so bad
Also everyone gets their skin darkened except her waifu
My hatred for her has genuinely fueled my desire to improve in my art, and it's surprisingly effective
>>
>>3627100
I really feel like I should interact more in my social media and followers but
IM TOO LAZY FOR THAT, I ONLY DRAW A THING, POST IT AND THEN LEAVE IN 3 SECONDS TO GO PLAY GAMES
>>
>>3631641
damn that sounds insufferable
have you ever considered moving to the japanese side of the fandom? I did that on my current one because the western part of the fandom is just so cancerous. I even made nip friends along the way
>>
>>3631665
Yeah, i've been interacting more with the nip side as of late, the western fanbase is just way too toxic for me, i worry for the mental health of some of the fans
>>
>>3627100
its fun to bully firez and yev
and theyre shitty people to boot, so i get to bully guilt-free
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (1.09 MB, 884x1576)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>3631687
hate to burst your bubble, but the cancer is spreading.

-first guy just drew his oc or whatever saying his style is consistent, time to move on
-then this other guy quote RT'd it saying "this otaku is discriminating against and exploiting women leaving her undressed why is she not dressed? you don't normally live naked do you? do universities accept this kind of person who discriminates against women? you should identify your university and drop out"
-the last image is a meme saying "what the fuck did you just say"
>>
File: 1436205661598.jpg (50 KB, 342x342)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>3631726
fuckin great, i still think the japanese part of the fanbase im in is nicer but it may just be the particular people i interact with
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (69 KB, 500x533)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3628249
yeah, I used to drawfag for /co/, but there was always one guy who would comment on every picture I'd do and it was obvious it was one person because they'd make the same weirdly specific comment that didn't make any sense. I'd try not to let it get to me since what he would say was plain wrong and nonsensical, but I'm a pussy and it did get to me. Never let him know that tho, didn't want to give him the satisfaction.
>>
>>3631726
I hope it doesn't spread too much. My nip side of the fandom is still pretty chill about it. Koreans on the other hand are already becoming full blown sjws
>>
I draw everyday but I’m not productive in the ways I want to be. I’m in a hug box environment that’s made me weirdly pompous. I’m the best out of shit.

I like this guy but I’m gonna use the excuse that I need to focus on art to give him up, because I’ll never be confident enough to ask him out.
>>
>>3631564
Keep at it man. You've got the skills for when the passion strikes you again. Imagine how good your stuff will look if you keep going up through that point.
>>
I knew two former storyboard artists for CN, and they were so batshit crazy that it competely deterred me from ever working in the animation industry.
>>
File: Nagatoro (disturbed).png (72 KB, 439x452)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
I used to draw extremely niche fetish stuff for personal use, that I never allowed to see the light of day.
I've since burned every last shred of it.
>>
>>3631761
I kinda feel the first thing you said, but i actually hate being the best artist out of a group because no one knows how to or feels like they can critique me. I never improve in situations like that, so I've started intentionally hanging around artists that are better than me so i can learn from them and get better critiques.
>>
I go to a tiny shitty art school, there are 30 people in my class and they're all lazy, even the tutors are lazy, I end up making them half the curriculum because they haven't updated theirs in at least 5 years. It's an ego boost, and i've gotten my first couple of big jobs from it but at the same time I wish someone else apart from me gave a shit.
>>
>>3627100
ive completely neglected to study some of the most basic stuff in favor of practicing perspective and anatomy. now its come back to bite me and i cant shade or color for shit.
>>
>>3631783
Completely agree and hey thats a great idea! I’ll try to work past my introversion and join a club or attend figure drawing to find some higher level artist.
>>
I wish I were dead.
>>
>>3632144
Are you female by any chance? Do you mind giving me your virginity before departing from this plane of existence?
>>
File: 1536097447797.jpg (60 KB, 474x731)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I always refresh every i posted a new drawing to see if there's any note.
......I never get any note.
Also this >>3632144
>>
>>3632003
Perspective and Anatomy are two of the most basic things you can learn. Are you talking about learning values and shading?
>>
>>3632144
death is just a jump away
>>
>>3632154
i mean the literal lines that make up my drawings. i can construct shit in 4 point perspective on a whim but i cant make my lines look like anything other than shit.
>>
Question, do you ever fap to your own drawings?
>>
>>3627100
I have the innate ability or doing great things, but I'm lazy. And I can only get to work when I'm a bit tipsy or at school because reasons. :')
>>
File: 51488178_p0.png (935 KB, 3508x2480)
935 KB
935 KB PNG
My family as a history of degenerative joint and inflammatory joint diseases that suddenly manifest in our late 20s which makes me constantly question if putting all this work into drawing is even worth it when there's a 75% chance that my body is going to destroy the hands I use to create before I'm 30.
>>
>>3632230
Shot in the dark but look into diet if that happens. Hereditary inflammation stuff can be caused by that oftentimes.
>>
I don't want an artistic career in any Anglo state and want to move to somewhere in Europe.

I'm not very bilingual tho but I seem to get along really well with Yuros, and a lot of them like my art for some reason.
>>
>>3632260
Thanks for the advice, anon. I'm already avoiding a good portion of foods that have links to inflammation in hopes that'll at least lessen the damage.
>>
>>3630884
It happens, just think of stuff you can now buy to make better stuff. Also now you will make the best of your time.
>>
>>3631726
it's fucking sarcasm, chill out
>>
File: 14312.jpg (25 KB, 288x280)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3627100
I go straight to lineart because the scratchy lines I have to do for a sketch layer bother me
>>
File: 1513583471859.jpg (33 KB, 500x539)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>3631545
>Lazy people who "could be" anything are a dime a dozen. You aren't special. If you don't put the time forth to develop something you're obviously interested in, then you'll grow old without ever growing your talents, and you'll be just that.
What you say couldn't ring truer anon. It's nice though, inktober is forcing me to focus on completing shit every day. Really does help. Hope I'll come out of it with the habit to draw daily.
Blogging stops now. Best of luck to you all anons.
>>
>>3627100
Studied first few years, became drawfag for shitty shows, stuck to black and white stuff because coloring is hard, only got marginally better in last 2~3 years,
In last two months i finally started to get interested in actual improvement so i sat my ass down and started learning new shit.
I can't stay at this level i want to improve.
>>
>>3627204
>I think I could get very good in no time
I used to think exactly this way anon. Laziness was my excuse for why I wasn't doing well, and I had a ton of unearned confidence, which fell apart the moment I started trying to practice fundamentals.

The truth was actually that I was afraid to try because I was afraid of failing. I wanted to hold on to the talent meme, but talent is nothing if you never put in the practice. Ultimately, you have nothing to show for it besides tracing and random doodles.
>>
>>3632521
me too
>>
File: 1517939881653.png (205 KB, 434x434)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>3627100
I would be able to draw more if I didn't have to also work at the same time, and it's not like I can live as a mangaka in the US or something.

Starting to feel that capitalism and art don't fucking mix more and more bros
>>
>>3631737
>didn't want to give him the satisfaction.
ganbatte anon, youre strong
>>
For the past four years or so since I discovered /ic/, I've not produced or trained my talent by lack of dicipline, self-esteem and the general thought I will have the strenght or the will to go all in the morning, or when I've got off time to develop.
So far, I've made more work for myself by starting projects for comic and whatnot, but never put down time to do designs fully or concept art. I'm too afraid to put anything out, and so it feedback loops onto the esteem problem.

The worst offense comes in the form of that I go every weekend with three cans of beer on /ic/ and admire anons who's progressing (for better and worse).
Cheers to those that will make it.

I think I will one time switch the can from the hand to can in mind and a pencil in the hand.
>>
File: Judge magazine, 1921.png (129 KB, 542x417)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>3627100
my artstyle is similar to steven universe/calarts and i have no one to blame but myself
>>
I'm incredibly impatient when it comes to perspective and I hate drawing scenes and structures because of this. No idea what to do to deal with this
>>
File: 1442085622343.jpg (1.4 MB, 1200x1800)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
I am perfect, but I never tell anyone that.
>>
>>3627100
I have a ton of artbooks on my HD and I haven't read half of them
>>
>being on a "friends" group where people post art
>post art and people warns for getting banned because "THIS IS CONTENT NO ALLOWED BECAUSE WE DONT TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE"
>later on someone posts their character who belong from the same "CONTENT NO ALLOWED" stuff and repurposed into an OC
>gets praised

Honestly I don't know where I can find some geniune art groups where it didn't fall into circlejerking bullshit.
>>
>>3632655
There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
>>
>>3632108
Good luck anon! Unfortunately there's no figure drawing in my town except for the uni and i can't drive, so im gonna contact the professors and see what i can do ;__;
>>
>>3627100
I'm a self taught artist and I got all of my advice from a family member who actually went to art school. I want to go to the same school, I've even been asked to attend by a few of the teachers, but I can't afford it. I picked up welding school instead.
>>
File: 1465110644318.gif (45 KB, 338x211)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
>>3627100
I've been trying to seriously get better at drawing since like 3 years ago, but my fucking lazyness keeps getting in my way. Hell, I even dropped out of Uni for 8 months and one of my plans was to draw and practice everyday but I keep procrastinating it every time.
Vidya is one of the main factors that keep me away from being productive but I can't get it into my head that I should start doing ANYTHING.
Now that I came back to Uni, I just mindlessly browse social media and seeing other artists having fun with their art, and I keep thinking that I could draw something better than them, but at the end of the day, that's just my thoughts and not what I need to do and barely accomplish work that I needed to finish for that day.
"Maybe tomorrow will be different"
>>
>>3632949
Sounds like the best option, your family member could replace the teacher and you got something to fall back on.
>>
>>3632954
true, that's initially what I thought. 16 hour days welding sucks, though.
>>
>>3632521
Tell me one good reason on why should I waste my time with sketching.
>>
>>3632952
That's called anxiety. I dealt with the same thing. You've built up art in your head as this big thing, this big achievement that you're gonna go for and now it's too much. All this pressure makes it seem like an insurmountable task, and so you keep putting it off.

What you need to do is realize that starting anything isn't easy. It will feel clumsy and forced at first. It will be unpleasant. But let's say you expose yourself to that unpleasantness of practice for an hour a day. Whew that wasn't so bad. Then the next day, you do it again. At some point, you're going to build momentum. You're going to start learning and getting better each day. That's when that good dopamine hits you, as the process of practice, hard work, and improvement become a reward loop for you that can keep you going. Before you know it, you will be addicted.

Keep in mind that there will be road blocks. This usually means that you don't know the way to proceed. It can happen when you're learning on your own, and there's no one there to tell you how to learn. Well, that's what you have this place for. Here you can ask people how to proceed, what to learn next, where your gaps in knowledge are that can help you move on.

But you have to get started. Break down this huge huge endeavor into small steps. One step at a time, chip away at it. Learn a little bit each day. Set a minimum amount of time for practice. You don't have to become a pro in one day. But you can start drawing little things, boxes, spheres, those loomis practice heads, and so on. And that little bit of practice will add up eventually.
>>
File: 1493275314240.png (27 KB, 691x653)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>3627100
>anon expressing his love for his waifu (on /r9k/)
>had a devilish idea of drawing her burning at the stake, and showing him my oc
>he starts crying
>now I regret doing that
>>
>>3633022
You can undo this by doing a commission, or if the thread is long gone you can just send it out into the wild with an apology attached to it. Or pay the Catholic Church $50. Straight out of purgatory and to god with you.
>>
File: this_is_fine_animated.gif (1.43 MB, 436x500)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>>3627100
can't draw or study properly because fucking normies are stealing my ideas and researches by hacking my pc. They think it's no big deal but I can't stand it.

>tfw can't draw shortsack or small women
>>
>>3632952
you just don't want to do art. it's nothing strange so don't worry
>>
>>3633037
>Implying your ideas are worth stealing
>Implying anyone in the world thinks you are important enough to bother to hack you
My only regret here is that I took the time to reply to you. what a waste of time and effort.
>>
I make no finished pieces and only keep doing exercises
>>
>>3633136
Same here, it's all so bad why would I even attempt finishing, maybe I'll try in another few years.
>>
I keep fapping to my futa drawings of some ingame character I made and one that my friend made.
>>
Back in my Twitter days, I crabbed on this genuinely talented girl really hard because i was jealous she was going to art school and i wasn't. I wish i could apologize to her.
>>
>>3632965
Not the anon youre replying to but i needed to see this, thank you.
>>
>>3627100
.I think that a high percentage of artists delusional egoist. I'm a programmer first hand and it's pain to work with artists most of the time. It's like they own everything and we have to be their bitch.
>>
>>3633200
Go say something nice to her
>>
>>3632965
This is really helpful
I hope you have a nice day anon
>>
>>3627100
I blow off steam by shitposting in this board. If I'm in a good mood, i help other anons out
>>
When I first 'began' drawing I didn't read any books or references or anything. By the time I found Loomis I just skipped directly to Figure Drawing for All Its Worth and assumed my struggles had prepared me.
>>
I don't want to pursue art as a profession. I just want to git gud.
>>
>>3627137
this
>>
File: 1535160372779.jpg (152 KB, 777x777)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>3632965
Wholesome post, anon.
>>
File: smart goals.jpg (410 KB, 1129x1280)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
i'm drawing a piece of self indulgent undertale fanart instead of doing a study/the grindz.
>>
I'm in love with a stripper.
>>
>>3633274
I dont know her handle anymore, and she associates with a lot of generally terrible and obnoxious people that i really do not want to have to comb though to find. Maybe one day ill have the willpower.
>>
I recently discovered my collection of lewds I drew back in late 2017 and shredded them all discreetly. I live with other people and got worried one of them would see it. I'm kind of interested in drawing lewds again, but I want to make them aesthetically pleasing.
>>
Forgive me father for I have sinned.
My motive for drawing used to be with professional illustration as my goal, but drawing anything non-sexual is now boring to me and my only desire is to be a porn drawing hobbyist.
>>
This picture was my sexual awakening back in 2001 and the reason I wanted to learn how to draw.
>>
>>3627100
If I do a sketch, I'll end up liking it and never doing the line art. Because of that, I can't do a sketch before a lineart and end up with many mistakes.
Also I shadow whatever I want making it look like it's in a disco party.
>>
File: doof.png (324 KB, 420x420)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>3629928
Or incidentially
>Drawing in public
>Make a naked character (I add the clothes later)
>Some person walks over
>"Ummmm, is that person naked?"
>"You should draw that kind of stuff inside your house, anon"
>>
>>3633885
>not even doing naked studies of random strangers
>not even showing them the study yourself
[spoiler]can you get arrested doing this[/spoiler]
>>
I.. i havent created anything in almost half a year, i cant find a motivation and i am afraid of failure
>>
>>3627115
>>3627859
>>3627950
oh god dont remind me i was doing so well
>>
>>3634166
kek
>>
>>3633885
non artists will never understand. It takes some serious shit or an exceptional body to get me aroused at this point, life drawing, nude studies and following a fuckton of porn artists will completely desensitize you. i hate having to explain what nude figure drawing is to every extended family member that wants to know what ive been working on
>>
File: 1537476044197.png (81 KB, 344x340)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
I feel I wasted my time in a dumb forum game about creating some characters and make them fight instead of making actual draws during a whole year, not even an artblog nor anything like that.

Now i cant even get to draw some other things besides of that dumb stuff.
>>
>>3628791
Noob here whats a crab is it like a brap?
>>
File: 1463015982192.jpg (1.5 MB, 1240x1488)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>3627100
i just spent 12 hours watching twitch and browsing 4chan instead of drawing. Its my off day and I just wanted some idol time for once but i feel like complete shit
>>
File: 1485137781342.jpg (53 KB, 800x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Its been like three months since I decided to publish my stuff but I still havent made an account in each social platform because I cant tell if I should make separate ones for separate styles or if I should keep it all united under the same name.
Help.
>>
>>3634498
Same name could show that you can manage different styles and make them work, that's a good thing.
>>
>>3628666
No thanks satan
>>
>>3634632
Not that anon but is this really a good idea?
>>
I only work at 100% when it's porn, and I lament that I can never share those works with anyone.
>>
>>3633762
>undertale fanart
you do you anon
I'm drawing self indulgent shit rn too
>>
i want to draw loli
but i must not
>>
>>3633885
> want to learn anatomy
> hear that female anatomy is harder so I though I should start with that
> drawing a bunch of nude women
> drawings 100s of nude women
> Mom finds drawing of nude women
> Thinks I am some kind of obsessed degenerate
>>
File: f03.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Well, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who has trouble focusing on drawing except when it's for sexual, and then I can never share it with anyone in real life. I've got a small following, sure, but no amount of likes or praises from faceless strangers can beat the feeling of looking a fellow artist in the face as they tell me I did a good job, and where I can improve. I can't draw in different styles besides the one I already have, and I don't have the motivation to try. Also, while not being extremely important because I mainly work digitally, I can't paint with the colors I want from the start. I always have to go back and slap on a million adjustment layers to get the colors to look somewhat passible, and it makes it difficult to keep a cohesive palette.
>>
my little brother was pissing me off and his dog wouldn't stop barking at night so I couldn't get sleep
I told my parents I was going out with my friends and told my brother to watch the dog. Then I waited in my car till my parents left for work
My brother always let's the dog out so he can play in the garden
I looked through the windows and saw he was playing games.
After that I went to the backyard grabbed the dog took him to my car and drove to a forest several miles away from our house
I leashed him to a tree and then left. Several days later and I went back to the forest to see what happened and found him dead next to the tree I tied him to he probably starved to death.
my parents yelled at my brother for several hours because the dog got "lost" while he was supposed to be watching him. They forbid him from getting a pet till he was 17
I could hear him cry himself to sleep for the next week
i still hold it over his head to this day just to make him sad
he still doesn't know what I did
>>
>>3635180
You're a psychopath.
>>
>>3635180
I wish someone would tie you to a tree
>>
>>3635180
Unironically off yourself, you're scum.
>>
>>3635180
Absolutely subhuman.
I'm genuinely 100% serious here. Everyone you know would be better off if you committed suicide. I strongly urge you to do so.
>>
>>3627100
I confess. Someone is getting the best the best the best the best of me.
>>
>Dropped art school due to depression and an art block that lasted half a year. Ironically I have learnt much more outside by myself.

>Never liked the draw with your left side shit, Loomis is boring.... I prefer to draw anime tits if that pays my rent

>Every time I go to my local art association I feel great because most members are old farts that will most likely die in the next newbroadcast and praise my work.

>I have downloaded tons of learning resources, but only have used a microfraction of it.
>>
File: 1509970173143.gif (470 KB, 200x200)
470 KB
470 KB GIF
>>3635180
>Not copypasta
Unironically kill yourself
>>
>>3635271
>muh subhuman
>being this sheltered
Most people are exactly like this you suburb trust fund baby.
>>
I've managed to get a few snowflakes go into hiding by sending them subtle but harsh shitposting
>>
>>3635411
You're right. Most people are ignorant, animalistic beings. The sooner they're eradicated, the sooner society will can blossom into something great.
>>
>>3635180
everyone is calling you out because of a shitty dog lol, like who gives a fuck they dont have feelings lol
>>
Degenerate shit sometimes feels like the only thing that motivates me to get better at art.
>>
>>3635180
a dog tried to kill me when i was 6, only because i was watching him eat.
you're ok in my book.
>>
>>3635180
kill yourself
>>
i hate art more than anything else in the world and wish i was born anything but an artist

there is nothing fun about this cruel and unfortunate timeline i exist in why did i follow my dreams instead of

hmm maybe

*sigh*

nevermind. its pointless to ponder about the alternative ;\ isnt it.

even suicide isnt an option anymore who am i kidding
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 600x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3633858

>reminding me of Tenchi Muyo!'s existance

FUCK YEAR now i have something to binge watch thnaks anon (you) re a pal ~ :3 b
>>
>>3628249
Friendly reminder, this place is to art what /v/ is to video games.

Also, the world is poorly drawn.
>>
File: 222.jpg (25 KB, 576x432)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3631564
I'm almost the same. I'm still studying every day, the passion is there but I can't finish my drawings. They always embarass me for some reason or another.
My family wants me to do an account on some site and show my art (they really like it) but I'm too ashamed of my works to do that. I always think that I'm not ready for this.
>>
>>3635567
cringe
>>
>>3635411
Then most people are subhumans who don't belong in this world. I don't see how that conflicts with my statement.
>>
>>3635603
Good to know your family is supportive, my dad thinks I'm wasting my time drawing cartoons despite the fact that he watches anime every day.
>>
>>3635180
It was a mistake and I'm sure it eats you up.
>>
>>3631545
>Lazy people who "could be" anything are a dime a dozen. You aren't special. If you don't put the time forth to develop something you're obviously interested in, then you'll grow old without ever growing your talents, and you'll be just that.
Not to exagerate but I'll probably remember what you typed for the rest of my life, I always used to think that being wasted potential was sort of a merit. "Lmao look at those retards making effort to achieve something when me being Mediocre without any effort is already enough." I think you just changed the course of my life. Thanks.
>>
>>3633037
Anon go to a doctor and check if you have schizophrenia. You sound exactly like a friend of mine when he's not on medication
>>
File: 35uVEfn.png (196 KB, 551x472)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>3635180
you're actually disgusting trash. neck yourself.
>>
I turn down comissions cause im too lazy to do them ;_;
>>
File: 1456284779541.gif (1005 KB, 444x272)
1005 KB
1005 KB GIF
>>3635180
I wanna be your friend.
>>
File: 1485579045948.jpg (288 KB, 809x539)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>3632629
And you are absolutely right. Capitalism does not push for the best product, but the stupidest audience. Anime is garbage because capitalism allows 30 studios to make 50 trash products per season instead of a coalition to make 10 good shows. Im not a commie, but we have to vanquish the pigs.
>>
I hate digital art design/tools, but know this is the future I have to accept. It is such a waste of my talents when I can sculpt, draw, and paint.

Fuck this modern world.
>>
>>3635947
depends on the career field you want. lots of people just pump out trad stuff.

>>3635180
do something nice in the world to make up for it. volunteer at a dog shelter or something.
>>
I have this stupid compulsion to draw with the opposite hand and feel guilty when I don't. Also I don't practice as much as I should or would like to.
>>
>>3627100
I look at the art of teachers who critique such as Istebrak and try to find a single thing wrong with it so I can tell myself "Heh, it looks like complete shit." I do this to make me feel better about myself. I never show them any of my work because I worry how harsh their criticisms might be.
>>
>>3635759
you'll get there one day, anon

embrace the true redpill, not that reactionary incel garbage
>>
>confess
is there a conflict over calling these threads "vent" or "confessions"? I can't CTRL+F "vent", "feels", "confess", every different name you guys come up with for this shit
fuck even when I lurk I fuck up
>>
>>3635180
based mastermind anon
>>
>>3635180
You are one giant sociopath and may you never have a single day of peace or night of sleep
>>
>3635479
Even if you feel that way, he still framed his brother.
>>
>>3635180
Based
>>
>>3627204
I came to this thread to look at other people's problems, not my own damn it
>>
I cannot enjoy drawing for myself, it feels pointless to draw something that cannot make other people happy, probably because I'm nowhere near good enough my hope that I cannot be satisfied by my own results. But at the same time I feel a bit empty when I'm just drawing things for other people, my life is purely for the (you)s. Please help, tell me something that can change this.
>>
>>3627100
I haven't draw anything in 3 years. I'm procrastinating all day every day. Can't do anything with it.
>>
>>3627100
I have the entire watts curriculum on a hard drive and ive never gotten past the drawing figure and head phase
>>
File: lol.jpg (159 KB, 1024x1280)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>3627100
I draw furshit. Poorly.
>>
>>3635411
>most people are like me
I got news for you buddy
>>
>>3627904
Why not just draw at the diner?
>>
File: 0f6.jpg (372 KB, 1803x1351)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>3635180
here's a similar story with a happy ending for the doggo
kys anon
https://youtu.be/FrrMo5U07xs
>>
>>3627100
I haven't even started inktober yet, how the hell are we already almost halfway through the month!?
>>
I can draw and animate, and have been trying to make my own original series. I seriously did not understand how tough the writers job is and how much thinking goes into that, holy fuck. Animating is straight forward, writing is a nightmare. I have new found respect for writers.
>>
File: Three Tit Timothy.jpg (115 KB, 416x624)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>3627100
I will not get off of MS Paint. I am not going to succumb to stupid tryhard shit like Krita just because some insecure crab told me to.
>>
>>3637327
Inktober is only for actually well established skilled artists. Unless you like inking don't bother. Just focus only the things you want to work on anon. Unless you draw furry shit then literally give up right now
>>
>>3637348
>Inktober is only for actually well established skilled artists

b8
>>
>>3637343
I'm really good at writing and I'm getting into art and I've had the complete opposite experience.
>>
>>3637346
Why would you even use digital if you are just gonna work with mspaint? It's inferior in every way to traditional.
>>
>>3627100
I keep holding myself from drawing because I just want to cry all the time. It's easier to make an excuse not to draw than feel bad when I can't produce anything worth looking at.
>>
I skipped Fun With a Pencil
>>
I signed up for model drawing session just to see and look at a real nude girl for the first time in my life.
Does that make me a bad person?
>>
>>3637548
>It's inferior in every way to traditional.
t. npc
>>
>>3637587
I didn't have fun with it.
>>
My boyfriend is a better artist than me fundamentally, but he thinks I'm better than him because my rendering skills are better

So we just sit beside each other making art in this loop of jealousy pretty much every night, it's made me want to not draw when he's here because the experience is so miserable
>>
>>3637623
No, that means you want some life experience, just don't be a weirdo.
>>
>>3637698
You two should support each other instead of feeling this way, talk about these feelings with him and just accept that one can do some stuff better than the other and that's okay, you can teach/help each other to get better at it.
>>
>>3637544
Guess grass is always greener kind of thing.
>>
>>3637698
cuck him with chad
>>
>>3637623
you'll probably get a fat old guy
>>
>>3637698
>tfw you'll never have a qt art rival gf to constantly fight over who's better and always trying to one up each other
didn't know I had this feel but I'm a toxic person so even if I did have a gf I'd make her miserable for my amusment
I'm content just letting my lover live a happy life without me
>>
>>3637698
You need to tell him about this and be mature about the situation. Communication is key in a relationship. Don't let it fester like it's already doing.

>>3637750
This. You guys are a team.
>>
>>3637750
Thanks for the advice, I really needed to hear it from outside my own head.
We sat down and talked about it, and we agreed that what we're doing is unhealthy. We're gonna work harder on helping each other with our struggles from now own instead of being envious of each others skill level.

We've been drawing a couple hours now and I already feel a tension has been lifted between us
>>
>>3638087
I wish you two the best anon
>>
>>3638087
That's nice, wish you the best of luck
It's always good to be honest with these feelings.
>>
I chose to go to school for medicine because I love art way too much to work someone making their shitty ideas
>>
>>3638222
Good choice, anon.
>>
>>3632230
That sword in the dick has to be the worst one, desu. I'd rather die than feel genital impalement.
>>
>>3634462
idle*
>>
>>3633777
She rocking she rollin' she rollin'. She grindin' that pole and I'm in love with a stripper. She strippin' she playin, she playin' I ain't goin' nowhere I'm stayin'.
>>
File: 1504728242994.jpg (191 KB, 640x633)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>3634462
Do you bro. We're all gonna die anyway. Just enjoy your stay.
>>
>>3637035
>watts curriculum
post it nigger
>>
>>3637623
based
>>
>>3637698
You should turn the cards on the table you fucks, all you do now is false grinning in the other's face and fuckin despising each other. Are your shitty doodles that important? Is your artist status, which will probably never reach any heights, overshadowing everything else in life that is important?

Artists are fucking shit
>>
>>3627100
I recently began using xps models as """reference""" what I would do is take a snap and then get thin paper and draw over it.
I keep debating with myself if it's the right thing to do.
I could draw everything I pose this way on my own but it would take me longer, which leads me to think that I should maybe focus on getting faster since most highly skilled artists would loose time if they had to pose.
But the other side of me argues that the end result is the only thing that should count and how you get there is irrelevant when you pose it yourself.
So my bad side argues that the creative input is there and the result is good while my good side argues that others can do it without this stuff, I'm conflicted.

Furthermore I keep doing the thing I don't like, I draw fanart of various different character when I want to get into character concept stuff and I know I can do it eventually but fanart is so much easier.
>>
>>3637823
I got a cute hairy girl who wasn't even fat.
>>
>>3627100
I wasted 10 pages in my 60-page sketch book to do Draw-a-Box's exercises
>>
The reason I first decided to learn to draw was because I thought the attention would be nice. Nowadays I only draw when im very bored(which happens every once in a while since im a poor and antisocial tard) but show none of my drawings to anyone because I think no one will care.
>>
>>3629650
kek
Sand the paint/stains away then get the same colour of paint to apply were your disgusting mess was.
Also
>burn the fucking stack you degenerate
>>
>>3638824
> drawing boxes
> thinking it's a waste
that's the real sin here
>>
>>3627100
I've just deleted about 500GB of porn, which was 98% of my videos, and I'm now filling that space up with the Watts videos, the full recordings of THU, and a ton of Gumroads and other art resources.
>>
>>3639590
Proud of you anon
>>
File: reeee.jpg (29 KB, 425x369)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3635632
My mother is very supportive...until I draw anything fantasy related. She is very religious and gets really mad if sees something like a skelleton or a witch.

>REEEEEEEEE DON'T DRAW THIS, ANON. THESE THINGS WILL POSSESS YOU. DRAWING THIS IS WHY THIS BAD THING HAPPENED WITH YOU
>>
>>3637188

Too tired, usually.
>>
>>3628465
A girlfriend won’t fix your depression, you have to want to get better. Some of us just want to be angry and sad because it’s easier than doing hard work to be happy.
>>
>>3628794
I didn't even start drawing unt 27. Stop using getting older as a way to demotivate yourself.
>>
For the last 2 months I was basically drawing anime girls only
>>
I can barely draw the same exact shit every time (a single figure often in a generic pose, a more imaginative one if I'm lucky and find something that works in the sketching phase) and I'm absolutely terrible in anything else that makes a good picture, backgrounds, composition, characters interacting etc. yet I don't really put in effort to study this shit. I'm also terrible at anatomy and just wing it until it kinda looks okay.
>>
>>3631641
>Also everyone gets their skin darkened except her waifu
I fucking hate western fanartists, especially the tumblrites, for this shit. It's such blatant fucking hypocrisy too, because they are 100% the same people who go absolutely apeshit when you ""whitewash"" a character.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.