[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

If you chose a face from a single, distorted photo, and had to draw it from a different angle, how would you go about doing it?
>>
>>3763421
i dont understand, why use a photo if you want to draw something from a different angle?
>>
>>3763421
Just draw the face like it is in the photo, possibly even tracing it to get the feel for all its shapes and dimensions.
Then draw it front on with a nuetral expression afterwards and correct anything that doesnt match to the original. That should give you enough info about the face to draw it from any angle.
>>
>>3763421
I would check the light source
then imagine the dimensions > I know wtf does that mean. I literally try to picture it in my head
and then I would sketch
Trial and error, trial and error
till i get something that makes sense

I'm not a teacher, I'm sorry i can't put this in better clearer terms but thats exactly what I would do
>>
>how would you do basic drawing as prescribed by Andrew Loomis?

gee anon I'd start by reading the sticky for this board
>>
>>3763562
Imagination :O.
>>
>>3763562
>>3763575
>>3763586
>>3763669
>>3763749
Look you guys, here is what you need to do.

You report the OP, you sage the thread, you hide the thread, you stop posting in this thread, you ignore every thread made by the nazi spammer. Then find the thread that is not made by the nazi spammer and post in that thread. Okay?
>>
>>3763752
Why?
>>
>>3763752
Bump :)
>>
>>3763752
kek
>>
>>3763562
It’s good to have variety.
Sticking to construction exclusively makes it so that you end up drawing a generic face erytime. Picking a distinct face and then reconstructing it is the way to go

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.