[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ccb.jpg (89 KB, 606x600)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
I'm just starting out on drawing and learning the fundamentals. A personal fear of mine is I'll never improve and end up like the next Chris-Chan. How do I make sure I don't end up like him and his "artwork"?
>>
>>3805034
Do you ever dreamed of animals with superpowers?
If not, then you good.
>>
Well Chris Chan is mentally ill so there's a high probability you'd never be as bad as him unless you actually tried.
>>
>>3805034
chris doesn't bother to improve
>>
>>3805034
learning any amount of fundies pushes you ahead of him.
>>
File: rack.jpg (287 KB, 1323x795)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>3805034
you would do fine
pick a better bottom of the barrel for your example
>>
>>3805410
There's something about Chris Chan that just makes me angry. I should probably have sympathy for him but he is just so easy to hate.
>>
>>3805034
chris draws with zero care to the fundamentals even most high school art students have a better grasp than him. you have nothing to worry about reading 1 book on art or even doing 1-2 life drawing sessions with online reference or in a class will put you leagues above him.

even the bad how to draw anime books have more consistent better art than chris
>>
>>3805034
a) you wrap your head around the fact that drawing is the representation of 3d shapes in a 2d plane by having an imaginary z axis stretch from the side of the paper into the center ( things get smaller further ...)
b) you practice and grind on those 3d shapes and space every day and work on fundementals

By the way I was paranoid about that too, but the methods work, you just gotta practice and keep on trying to draw better and better.
Also keep a good balance of time you spend on something, don't waste time getting perfect line as a beginner and don't forget to try and make a finished piece every once in a while to really test your skills, it's a balance you gotta find.
>>
>>3805034
You dont have a crippling lack of self awareness. If you ever got to the point pf chris chan or you were going to that pah you would most-probably realise. Its impossible to be chris-chan
>>
>>3805386
Remember where you are though.
>>
Artistically speaking,chris is pretty famous.
>>
>>3805034
Don't be a mentally retarded autist. Shouldn't be that difficult.
>>
>>3805034
Dude, Chris is a diagnosed borderline autist on permanent disability, who's literally incapable of improving past his 8 year old level of skill. Your afraid you'd be lower than the lowest possible rung? Get some confidence.
>>
>>3805034

Christian Weston Chandler is literally mentally handicapped. Now unless you are as well, I'd say all you need to do is keep trying and study astutely.

Like other's have said, you have to TRY to be as bad as him.
>>
what's wrong with being mentally handicapped?
>>
>>3806955
Go back and read what you just wrote slowly
>>
>>3806996
That sums up half the people on 4chan and on Discord servers.
> "I have x disability, I'm not like most people and that's what makes me genius in my own way"
>>
Just draw, have fun. Get a sketchbook and carry it with you everywhere. Draw from life A LOT, learn anatomy and perspective. Study and copy other artists and also really think about what you are doing, or as Craig Mullins put it "think for an hour, paint for a minute". And if there are good classes near you definitely take them.
Best advice I can give to you.
>>
>>3805034
Anon, the fact that you have that fear already means you wont end up like that.
As long as you never stop looking for areas to improve, you'll never stagnate.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.