[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 24678545679.png (2.64 MB, 1440x815)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
i'm simply looking for someone with free time to translate my manga pages from english to fluent japanese regularly for pages to be published on pixiv

the position of also being an editor and translater at the same time is open. but i'm mainly seeking a good translater as my priority.

if you have any questions please ask
>>
post your work
>>
>>3807262
Don't forget to fucking pay them.
>>
File: Dye_ofpX4AARhnn.jpg (33 KB, 720x348)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>3807268
i'm not beg tier but i'm not super pro tier. i still have a lot to learn but i'm not ground zero level
>>
>>3807262
What’s the pay?
>>
>>3807262
why are you asking for help with translation from an art focused board?
>>
>>3807274
get duolingo on ur phone lazy bitch
>>
>>3807289
to be honest i'm not really sure yet, it's something that i think will need to be discussed and negotiated

>>3807291
where should i go instead?
>>
>>3807295
I’m actually really excited to see this work out for you. Maybe you could post an ad on an actual job website? If it gets translated you could be one of the first /ic/ anons to make it
>>
>>3807297
thanks anon the plan is to go make the manga under a pen name, i don't want my identity to be important and i just want people to focus on my work and not me so i can make it.

i'll look into the job websites
>>
>>3807274
post your finished work. Presentation is everything if you're seeking to market yourself.

Also, how's your writing?
>>
File: Dy6hbLHXQAIa3fl.jpg (56 KB, 660x911)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>3807309
i don't usually make a lot of finished work just doodles and sketches and studies. but i want to change that with this manga

in terms of writing skill i can't really tell i have never written much stories outside my own head, i usually have story ideas pop into my head but i never know what to do fully with them.
>>
>>3807262
I'll do it for $3/page
Post your pixiv profile or something
>>
>>3807315
that does not sound like a bad price to me.
here is my pixiv that i use but i think i will change my pen name to something cooler later:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=35224180
>>
>>3807314
Ok, since you have never finished much work outside of doodles, and have zero experience in storytelling, I highly recommend you enter manga contests to build exp before you invest any money in getting it translated. Manga is not easy, and it takes a LOT more than just good doodles to captivate a reader. Even beyond writing and art, things like page layout, panel flow, visual storytelling, and composition all come into play and must be mastered.
>>
>>3807262
If you enter competitions and win they'll translate the manga for you. You don't have to worry about Japanese or even learning Japanese if your manga is good.
>>
>>3807326
true i see where you are coming from but i'm wanting to really take a leap of faith with this. no better time to start making than the present, the only way the masters became masters was by just starting.

>>3807329
is that so, do you know where i can get info on contests? i'm going to learn japanese eventually but i don't want to wait to create
>>
>>3807331
>do you know where i can get info on contests
https://medibang.com/contest/kyoto-manga2018/entry/
>>
>>3807331
I too am making my first manga while lurking this thread. Let’s work hard OP!
>>
>>3807335
this contest ended

>>3807372
i believe in you, it might seem daunting but you have got this give it everything you got my friend! go beyond what you think you are capable of.
>>
>>3807262
I want to help you, anon

But i can't even write english properly
>>
File: thanks.png (33 KB, 496x452)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>3807400
thanks i appreciate the thought
>>
I dont think you should be concerned with that at this point, make a good story in english and when it takes off you'll see dozens of opportunities for translation. It's not like nips can't read english either
>>
File: good point.png (22 KB, 432x388)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>3807409
you make a good point maybe i should just post whatever i make to pixiv in english then
>>
>>3807295
>>3807299
>>>/int/ or something
>>
>>3807262

You need a native Japanese speaker who learned English, not a English speaker who learned Japanese.
>>
>>3807314
>draws nothing besides chickenscratch shounen manga doodles
NGMI
>>
File: can't win them all.png (51 KB, 562x669)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>3807641
>>
>>3807262
I hate when people do this, they study and set up every social media page possible, do lots of "research", bother other people with work related to the thing they are definitely going to do hoping somehow they will make the project happen, but never actually put in work on the actual product. It's the most annoying form of procrastination, when you trick yourself into thinking you're working on something by doing "adjacent" work.

I don't want to be too harsh because you're most likely a teenager who just read bakuman, but draw something before you bother with everything else.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.