[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fullsizeoutput_108b.jpg (1.59 MB, 3024x2548)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
i just want opinions and maybe ideas on what i could sell this for
its bronze and is about a foot tall and like 6 inches wide
>>
File: qtey.png (190 KB, 540x482)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>3852972
Pretty mediocre sculpture.

Did you make it...?
If so, I suggest melting it down and just starting back over from scratch. That thing isn't worth the gas you spent making it.

It looks like you wanted to do a bust, but didn't have the skills or perhaps the patience to actually make it look like one.

You could have atleast made the neck, traps and collar bone more pronounced and kept the weird abstract head....
>>
>>3852972
The cheapest price would be the cost of materials and labor. How much is your time worth?

Market also matters. You could try to sell through a gallery locally, but there are sites you can list on, like saatchiart.com. I don't know what their commission is, but it's free to list on, and they can advise you on price. Similar works in bronze there are start around $2000.
>>
>>3852979
Back in your bucket, crab.
>>
>>3852972
I really like it.
I don't know anything about making bronze, but would it be possible to work clear? In a few spots it looks a bit rough.
>>
>>3852979
I agree with this person lol, get good then get money OP jesus
>>
>>3852979
>>3853339
are you the same person perhaps?
anyway, i like the shape on top but the bottom doesnt fit it very well
>>
>>3853470
its just a thing i made in casting class, the bottom had a leak so i had to grind about 3 inches off each side and i gave up once it got like this
>>
>>3853003
thanks for a useful answer by the way
>>
>>3852972
Is it supposed to look all burnt and rough like that? Kinda unappealing. Would be better if it could be smooth somehow, like I've seen with other bronze workings

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.