[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Price: $1.1 million
>>
Well it's a pleasant color
>>
fuck loomis
bucket tool is my new lord and savior
>>
B...but muh Loomis n shieet.....!!!
>>
>>3932051
Don’t touch what you cant afford.
>>
>>3932051
THat's not even the color of blood
>>
>>3932051
Someone please explain why anyone would pay $1.1 million for that.
>>
>>3932119
Money laundering.
>>
>>3932119
Its literally money laundering. There is a giant Warehouse somwhere in switzerland, where the Art Buyers keep all their paintings i.e. their investments. So when one of them gets sold, its just moved from one compartment into another. Nobody ever looks at it, its just a way to make your dirty money legal, because nobody can objecitvely set a price for a piece of art.
>>
>>3932121
this
>>
File: fix.jpg (47 KB, 586x673)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3932051
not bad, i redlined the flaws
>>
>>3932121
>>3932126
Is there any actual evidence of it being money laundering?
>>
File: 1528843871810.png (692 KB, 1890x387)
692 KB
692 KB PNG
>>3932119
money laundering
>>
>>3933401
Fucking this, I believe there was a Documentation about it in french/german Televison.
>>
>>3933382
Some experts claim nobody has ever been prosecuted and jailed for it, but the US government admits a big chunk of their investigations are on art fraud and money laundering. So, make of that what you will.

A bill was introduced last year that applies the same banking rules to galleries and auction houses as other businesses, because they don't have to record all transactions, or prove where the money came from, but it died in Congress. Of course.

I have a family member who worked for one of the big auction houses in NYC. Their standard response has always been: Yes, there's a lot of games being played at the high end, but their biggest issue was looted art and fakes. They got out a couple of years ago because they said it was all politics and bullshit from snobby rich people. They said they think the laundering is from "anonymous" bidders at auctions, because they didn't have to get verification of where the money came from, just that it cleared their account - which the bill that died was supposed to change - which is how I know about it, they were talking about it last time I saw them.

The tax implications are real - if you donate an important painting to the Met, you can write off the fair market value. The issue is, the Met is VERY picky about what they take (they have more in storage than they display). So you have to be really connected to get that done. Most likely the people laundering money are donating to smaller charities and collections. It's all the kind of stuff that keeps lawyers in NY and LA busy. If you donate a painting to the Met or Guggenheim, you know the IRS is going to be looking at your returns.

I would bet the laundering is done on smaller works, less than a million, but a lot of them, over time. The big pieces worth multiple millions are too obvious, and usually bought by arabs or corporations.
>>
still better than 97% of /ic/
>>
>>3933455
>it's haram to draw representatively
>arabs buy abstract art
could it be...?
>>
but this is just #561F22
>>
>>3932055
>bucket tool is my new lord and savior
>bucket tool
no rules just tools

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.