[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1557791401065.jpg (92 KB, 650x650)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
What's the hardest part about art?

For me it's sitting down and actually doing it
>>
procrastination.
>>
>>3935270
having the courage to draw stuff I care about even when it turns out shit because my skill level is garbage
>>
>>3935270
>What's the hardest part about art?
figuring out what to shitpost on /ic/
>>
>>3935270
Accepting that not everything will turnout good
>>
Nothing. I actually enjoy drawing and painting. It is very soothing and relaxing to me. I usually have a pot of coffee, a cigar, and a window open too. Gets me in a very fine mood. I'll say that my favorite days are when it's either pouring outside or when it's snowing. I still keep the window open because I smoke and my wife can't stand it, but I also had a fireplace made, so I turn that on for warmth if it gets chilly. It also serves as a handy way of disposing of my cigars and any papers that are just practice lines and scribbles. I imagine it has saved me several garbage bags worth by now.

I suppose I never really had a negative outlook on art. Never wanted to put off doing it. Even when I was very poor at or took too long creating good illustrations or paintings. I considered it all very fun, fulfilling, and relaxing.
>>
>>3935296
literally my dream, minus the lung cancer
>>
Accepting when your work is bad and not letting it discourage you
>>
>>3935270
I felt that
>>
>>3935273
Pretty brave
>>
>>3935270
Getting a following.
Nothing stings more than only getting 12 likes at most.
>>
>>3935588
Lmao this
Like. I build up courage to keep myself going and not give up, get better etc but when i post art and literally get 4 likes for something i spent an entire day on...
Not even my friends/mutuals retweet it
...and they retweet other mutuals works, that aren't very different from mine (skill wise)
Then i think uhhh. I should just give up, like. It's not healthy for an artist, losing the value you see on your own art just because people seem to ignore it
>>
Not having someone braking in and interrupting.
>>
>>3935270
making money with it

>>3936315
>>3935588
>post portfolio piece that took you days
>5 likes
>"whatever, fuck this", post 5 minute no effort sketch
>6 likes
>popular artist who last posted a sketch two weeks ago: "lol yeet XD"
>2000 likes
I hate social media.
>>
>>3935270
Lineart making manga learning to color like the best artists drawing poses drawing expressions drawing backgrounds it's all hard as shit to be honest
>>
>>3935296
>I actually enjoy drawing and painting.
WHAT'S YOUR SECRET?
>>
>>3935296
Comfy
>>
>>3935270
>wow if I buy such a paper I can finally to draw fashion design!, perspective of office building!, sports car!, also even the sexy anime girl!!. amazing paper
>>
>>3938547
No you couldnt
>>
>>3938547
I always took it as "this paper is appropriate to do this kind of work"
>>
File: AkechiZoom.png (216 KB, 872x632)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>3935588
Pssh, that applies for YouTubers too. Even if you post a meme video on Reddit that gets 100 upvotes, that won't transfer to the channel.
Make content for yourself, fuck others.
>>
>>3935270
not having access to a studio outside the school year. I don't art well outside the studio because I'm too distracted.
>>
>>3938726
Based Gorochad
>>
>>3935270
My dick
>>
>>3938726
WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!
One in which Reddit is of such mindlessness that they need reminders to support content creators.
One in which production value does not get rewarded as much as the bug eye reactions.
One that values humor over artistry.
>>
>>3935296
I miss this. I'm slowly working on getting back to loving art. I feel like I made a huge mistake in ever sharing my stuff on social media. It felt like I had to draw certain things and always draw them perfectly. I ended up just ghosting off of social media altogether and stopped drawing which led to backwards progression, but I'm working on art again. I'm making myself fill all of those half empty sketchbooks up. Your post made me really happy. I want to live this.
>>
>>3935270
Same here, honestly. That and actually being inspired/not distracted by other things.
>>
>>3935296
It started raining while I read this
>>
>>3935270
it's having to listen to faggots complain
>>
>>3935270
Making a solid portfolio that you actually feel is indicative of your best work instead of practicing forever
>>
File: 1557884715203.jpg (16 KB, 613x587)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Being a digital hoarder who can't let go of any cat reaction faces, let alone shitty sketches I spit left and right.

I should not care about minor drawings and move on, but I give them all too much attention and get attached to mediocrity.
>>
>>3935296
Is there a book on how to enjoy drawing like you? What the fuck I'm jelly.
>>
>>3939693
The Art Spirit
Maybe Art And Fear or The subtle art of not giving a fuck too
>>
>hardest part about art
learning how to not suck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.