[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: modernism.jpg (992 KB, 1724x2450)
992 KB
992 KB JPG
Was he right?
>>
>>3969474
Who Repin?
>>
>>3969484

I purposely left it vague, I wanted to see who people thought was in the right, Repin, or Maximilian.
>>
File: 1557073887483.jpg (314 KB, 494x720)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>3969474
it's the jews
>>
>>3969489
I was just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Repin was a godlike painter so I'm going to side with him. There's no reason to deface a masterpiece like this even if you don't agree with the politics.
>>
>>3969474
idk enough about art history to say if he was right about the motivations but it's obviously wrong to deface a painting, esp. one by Repin. So regardless of reasoning, my boi Repin was in the right.
>>
>>3969474
>Balachov's attack on the painting was applauded by symbolist poet
Utterly disgusted by this. Modernism has allowed these snakes to tear down beauty, talent, and creativity so they could make a penny with as little work as possible.
I think the source of this degrade is just marketing. It's not the joos or anything like that, it's just that mass information became a thing, the general public became more important, and people discovered that propaganda, marketing etc. have a lot of power over people and if you tell someone from a position of authority that shit smeared over a canvas is art, they will believe it.
>>
>>3969486
Dont know bout the commies but the CIA unironically did
>>
>>3969474
The entire 20th century was a complete shitshow. Insane dadaists, conspiratorial cultural war, parasitic media and egotistical auteurs.

Lot of fun to read about. Obviously I side with the naturalistic traditionalists.
>>
>>3970002
>Insane dadaists, conspiratorial cultural war, parasitic media and egotistical auteurs.
a.k.a. jews
>>
>>3969474
>Stop liking what I don't like
You guys are just repeating the circle.
Again, and again, and again.
>>
>>3970014

-t. man who slashed the painting, posting on 4chan from beyond the grave
>>
>>3970014
Fuck off, Moishe. We have no need of your kvetching here.
>>
If I'm not mistaken painting was attacked not so long ago again in this year or maybe at the end of the last. Dude who did it was kind of crazy religious nutjob and damaged painting because it was a "wrong take" on russian history, again i might be wrong
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
It's odd to pile modernism in one pot. Even the difference between russian futurism and italian futurism is abyssal, let alone futurism and american pop art. It can be interesting to discuss the ""decadence"" of art but if you can't even recognize the art movements you're opposing it's a waste of time
>>
>>3969474
No, he wasn't right about the modernist conspiracy, but Voloshin acting like an edgy cunt for attention was wrong too.
>>
>>3970131
Yes, that's true.
>>
>>3970194
pic related is just trying to be kjg without having the skill to back it up
>>
>>3970246
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>3970336
huh?
>>
>>3969486
>Commies planted the seed of modernism and post modernism in the usa
To be fair, it seems to fit their mental capabilities. The problem is, murica is like a giant fan. if you throw shit at it...
>>
>>3970336
What else do you expect?
>>
>>3970131
>because it was a "wrong take" on russian history

I knew an old russian lady who hated this painting because if was not true historically and she also thought that Repin was later punished by God for having painted it.
I think Repin wins by default here: you can't defeat truth with a knife, it just shows that the attacker had nothing of value to counter this beautiful painting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.