[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How do popular artists make rookie mistakes like this?
>>
>>4014582
Listen to that episode of Proko's podcast where Marshall Vandruff talks about how he drew a guy's hands backwards.
>>
>>4014582
You need to use the proper term "nu-artist" or people might get confused
>>
>>4014582
Are you sure that's not the palm facing up though?
>>
>>4014588
It still looks awful, the hand looks backwards.
>>
>>4014589
>It still looks awful
Well, yeah, that's shadman for you
>>
>>4014589
everything looks horrible dude. Look at them feet
>>
>>4014582
Everything about that looks awful. What do you call this internet style anyway? I know a lot of them use flash but they also all draw the same way its weird
>>
>>4014582
Shadfags please go!
>>
>>4014593
no i want them to stay and make more threads actually
>>
>>4014586
The fuck's a nu-artist?
>>
>>4014582
is shadman th new jim davis?
>>
>>4014604
Nu is just a prefix meaning "thing I don't like". Not to be confused with the actual prefix of "nu" meaning new or recent
>>
To be fair shadman posts a finished comic like every two days on his twitter. I don't think he has time to worry about anatomical accuracy. He doesn't need to worry about shit because whatever he is currently doing is clearly working given by his likes/retweets/comments
>>
>>4014582

Because lots of popular artists are rookies. As for good popular artists - laziness.

I think the main difference between a good artist and a great one is that if a great artist half-asses it, he fixes it. You can have two artists technically as skilled but one will still be better if he holds himself to a higher standard on what he considers 'good enough'.
>>
For how many years has shadman been drawing? He still draws the same or even worse since he got famous.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 720x1280)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
As long as he can draw this.
>>
>>4014768
Dude must have drawn millions of hands, at this point he should know better
>>
>>4014582
>shadman
>>
>>4015575
HOT
>>
>>4014582
It's a black glove so it's hard to see but isn't the palm facing up? So the thumb is on the correct side.
>>
>>4014582
popular =/= good.
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 720x1280)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>4015638
>>
>>4014582
I mean given the pose, his hand is clearly palm up. You dumb autist.

This is how you can tell when someone is a /beg/ tier faggot, because out of ALL the things that are absolutely fucking horrible in this image, you try and peg the anatomy on the hand while completely being ignorant of the pose he's obviously going for.

Here's my tip, stop worrying about other people and just draw you fuckin idiot
>>
>>4015705
>>4015642
Thumb may be on the right side but it is extremely hard to turn your hand so the thumb is that far down. Completely unnatural, uncomfortable and would most likely require force to have such an extreme turn of the wrist and hand which is the main reason it looks wrong.
>>
>>4015749
>It looks wrong because of my perfact knowledge of the anatomy and motion of the human body
it looks bad because he didn't define that palm so it looks flat like the back of your hand. stop being retarded.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.