[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Sadpepe.jpg (55 KB, 575x491)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>Senior Backend Polyglot Engineer - VC funded startup
>$200 000/yr, Toronto Ontario

>targeting very senior candidates with at least 7+ years of experience that want to learn Elixir/Node and work in a functional programming environment.

>At least 7 years of experience working with backend technologies (Ruby on Rails, Node, Python, .NET)
>Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns

>Experience working with AWS, data analysis/manipulation a BIG PLUS
>Knowledge of basic Frontend/JavaScript technologies

Maybe if I studied instead of spending day and night on 4chan I could be making $200k right now...
>>
>>80343571
Try r9k
>>
>>>/g/
>>
>>80343571
it's probably 200K canadian dollars anyway. It's not that's much money.
>>
>>80343728
That's $130k euros though.

Is $130k euros a year not a lot of money in France?
>>
>>80343745
Sorry no dollar sign that was an error. Is 130k euros a year not a lot of money tho
>>
Bump
>>
>>80343745
It's good. But it's not that's huge. It's like 5 or 6K a month after tax, healthcare care, retirement and shit.

Probably far better than being a neet or having a macjob though.
>>
>>80344112
>$6k a month
>probably a lot better
Nah I'm sure having no money is better
>>
>>80344112
Double what I'm on after ~7.5 years of study.

Although 7 years of experience + what would be at least a 3-4 year degree is more than I have for my current role.
>>
Can you emotionally/physically/mentally/etc afford the lifestyle that would be necessary for you to prepare yourself for keeping that job?

Jobs/goals/"big things" all demand you to make big sacrifices and abruptly change your everyday life routine in a rough manner.
It's not that if you weren't browsing 4chan you would be working that job just because of that, if you didn't have the lifestyle that could provide you with everything that's necessary for it then you'd be asking the same question somewhere else

The tough reality is that a postmodern lifestyle will fill you with nihilistic values and then you won't be able to apply yourself enough for reaching those goals

t. watched almost all jordan peterson's videos
>>
They don't require a lot so I think it's a pretty shitty job where you will spend your next 2 years doing everything by yourself.
>>
>>80344412
Yes I could if I prepared myself for it
>>
Ignore requirements when you apply for jobs. The worst that will happen is you get rejected.
>>
>>80343571
>can't learn 2 meme languages and bullshit out 7+ years of projects in 2 weeks
It's like you're intentionally being a brainlet
>>
>haven't even graduated comp eng yet
>sick fulltime backend java job
>55k per year

Maybe getting depressed for college was worth it. Still taking antidepressants. Tfw still depressed but in a comfy spot I guess. 6 credits left and I'm officially an engineer lads
>>
>>80345719
How am I suppose to learn AWS and data analysis in two weeks though.
>>
File: canadians.jpg (9 KB, 229x220)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>
>>80345765
Delete this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.