[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ffffff.png (275 KB, 2832x1712)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

Check pastebin punto com slash 09urW8Sv for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides. /lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!
>>
>tfw tested out of duolingo japanese

I thought it would be able to at least teach me something :(

in other words
the main thing holding me back in Japanese is my my vocabulary, which is only slightly smaller than my penis

how do I start learning vocabulary? Are there anki decks for every-day japanese vocab? I guess that's gonna be the core_k decks, right?
>>
Reminder:

Ital*an is useless! Learn French or Spanish!
>>
>>80345072
breton is more useful than either of those
>>
i can help anyone who's learning Spanish, just ask
>>
the more I go through the japanese duolingo, the more... not good it gets. It's really awkward, duolingo just really isn't suited to teaching it.

it translates/pronounces "日曜日" has "hi you hi" for shit's sake
>>
>>80344780
Yeah, you're going to want to do the 10k core. I'm currently completing the 2k/6k core deck.
That covers a heap of vocab.
Once you find your way through that, I suggest making a mining deck. So whenever you're reading in Japanese and encounter a new word you're unfamiliar with, you just put it in that mining deck.
>>80345072
Learning Spanish rn. My Spanish is at B2.2
Thinking of learning BR-PT next, then after Port, gonna learn Italian. It sounds like such a comfy language, and there's so many Italian speakers here
>>80345172
Este año hemos estuadio el voseo en la clase. Me acuerdo que mi profesora me dijo que había muchos formas diferentes de voseo en américa latina.
Ya sé que en El Salvador, vosean solo con los amigos y familia, y tutean con los desconocidos. ¿Es lo mismo en uruguay?
>>
>>80345172
Don't have any immediate questions right now and going to bed but thanks for offering that. Maybe tomorrow take you up on it if you are still lurking.

Oh, is Hispachan good for a Spanish learner? Just lurking not posting? I heard they were strict on grammar so thought it might be a good place...
>>
>>80345553
1. Que mierda es voseo? also si vas a aprender español latino centrate en el español mexicano, es lo más estándar que vas a encontrar kek
>>
>>80345553
Si, acá también usamos el voseo, es inherente al dialecto rioplatense pero si te vas a dirigir formalmente a alguien usamos el "usted"
>>
>>80345172
what does che choris mean? i've seen one board they keep saying that to each other non-stop. choris. che choris.
>>
>>80345584
I used to shitpost there for a short time. It's okay, but traffic is fairly low.
I found it quite comfy, even though they bullied me for listening to reggaeton a lot
>>80345598
>no sabe vosear
¿sos idiota, che?
Y no quiero aprender el español latino. Normalmente uso el dialecto castillano, pero también quiero aprender sobre los otros dialectos y acentos. Supongo que es un bastante interesante porque en inglés tenemos diferentes acentos, pero los dialectos no son tan diferentes.

>>80345623
Claro. ¿Si estás en la calle y ves a un desconocido, vosearía?
>>
>>80345663
http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=chori

te aconosejo que uses wordreference. Es lo mejor psh
>>
>>80345584
Sorry but i've never been in Hispachan so i can't tell you really
>>80345663
Hahahah you've probably seen it in /lat/, it's just a way to refer to the guys, it's like say "hey dudes"
>>
>>80345712
Depende, si es una persona mayor no, y si es un extranjero le diría "tú" porque seguramente lo aprendió así, pero normalmente la gente vosea acá
>>
>>80345584
Try with nido, Choroys usually write in a formal way.
>>
>>80345725
>>80345727
ah! muchas gracias, choris
>>
>>80345760
tengo una profesora australiana que estudiaba en uruguay. Su acento me da rabia. Es una mezcla de un acento rioplatense y el australiano. Suena como una mierda
A veces quiero pedirle que deje de usarlo.
>>
>>80345828
Los rioplatenses sonamos como una mierda en Inglés, no te culpo
>>
>>80345886
No, quiero decir que es una profesora de español.
Es una eternal anglo que estudiaba español allí, y ahora lo enseña aquí.
>>
>>80345172
Do native Spanish speakers have any difficulties with Spanish grammar when they study it at school? If so, which parts? Do you have to memorize any rarely used verb forms or it just comes naturally?
>>
>>80345957
Not really, for obvious reasons we were surrounded by Spanish when we were childs, and we remember naturally the verbs due the amount of times we heard them, We really don't need to think how to conjugate a verb
>>
>>80345957
In my Spanish Grammar class at Uni, about half the students were native Spanish speakers and they seemed to do well in the class. They just had to learn the proper names of the verb tenses, correctly identify parts of speech, and also some vosotros conjugations since the teacher was from Spain.
>>
>>80345957
the other two haven't mentioned yet that there are some things in educated written spanish that you won't find in daily speech.
The main example is the future subjunctive.
It is quickly becoming obsolete in spoken Spanish and is replaced with the present subjunctive.
Compare these two:

Él que no haga su tarea tendrá un 0
Él que no hiciere su tarea tendrá un 0

The first is what you'll hear native speakers say, and the second is what used to be said, but now you'll probably only find it in books and legal documents.
>>
Can someone please answer
>>80344226
>>
>>80346254
That's what I was kinda asking about. For example there are rare conjugations in French (like subjunctif imparfait 2 or whatever they call it) that they are only taught to recognize but they never really use them. So I was wondering if it is also the case, say, with the imperfect subjunctive 2 in Spanish.
>>
>>80346289
I'm not lusophone but i can tell you all romance languages have a lot of verbs just for one action
>>
>>80346321
Ah, as for the 2nd imperfect subjunctive in Spanish, it is used. Perhaps not as often, but it's still quite commonly used. I've heard a number of native speakers use it. I'd say that 75% of the time they use the -ra form, and the other 25% is the -se form
>>
>>80346398
I'm aware, more meant specifically which are used when, since I couldn't find good info on escrevem, escreve, escrevemos, and such.
>>
>>80346560
>escrevem, escreve, escrevemo
do you consider these different words?
this is the same word different conjugations.
>>
>>80346684
I considered them more variants of a word, but I was still unsure of where to use each of them. Still early on into learning, sorry.
>>
>>80346716
ah, ok. are you familiar with the concept of conjugation? i don't speak a single bit of portuguese but it is a fundamental part of the romance and also some other languages.
http://www.conjuga-me.net/en/verbo-escrever
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_conjugation
>>
>>80346716
They are based on person

http://www.conjuga-me.net/verbo-escrever
Look on this site and you'll see that each of these are conjugations are related to who does the action

For example, eu escrevo, tu escreves

So when I do the writing, it's escrevo, and when you do it, it's escreves
>>
>>80346560
Don't know what you are trying to ask but as the Uruguayan said one word can have several synonyms
However what you listed is the same verb (escrever) conjugated in different personal pronouns and in the simple present
Eu escrevo (I write)
Tu escreves (you write-informal singular)
Ele/ela/ escreve (he/she writes)
Você escreve (You write -formal singular)
Nós escrevemos (we write)
Vós escrevéis ( you write- formal plural, but not really used anymore)
Eles/elas/ escrevem (they write)
vocês escrevem (you write- formal plural)
>>
>>80346945
>Vós escrevéis ( you write- formal plural, but not really used anymore)
this -eis form looks just like vosotros in european spanish. except i think it is informal

>vocês escrevem (you write- formal plural)
both vos and voces are formal? what is the informal plural then? or voces is informal?
>>
>>80347011
Vosotros and vós share the same roots, they were used in old iberia as the formal plural you. In Latin America both are only seen in biblical/historical texts nowadays.
Unlike Spain that changed vosotros to informal plural and ustedes to formal plural, Portuguese vós practically fell out of usage and was replaced by vocês almost entirely. As such in pt when talking to a group you should always use vocês, regardless if it's a group of friends or not.
I said practically because vós hasn't been officially taken out yet and the northern most parts of Portugal still somewhat use it. But usage of vós is minor even in Portugal, Lisbon for example uses vocês.
>>
>>80347298
Thanks, interesting. So is it fair to say that in Latin America/Brazil vocês is the complete equivalent of ustedes since both are used as both formal and informal plural you?
>>
>>80347506
Indeed
>>
Hey dudes, any good resources for russian?
>>
File: 1488253174797.png (73 KB, 454x453)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>ctrl f no welsh
wtf
>>
File: 1505023006931.png (9 KB, 420x420)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
What is a more efficient way to learn a language? To learn shit tons of vocab then learn and apply grammar or to learn all the grammar/ intricacies then load on the vocab?
>>
Bump
>>
>>80349734
Learn vocab in context, then practice using it
>>
>Arabic
https://i.imgur.com/GaPEIBr.png

>Farsi
https://i.imgur.com/zAN5eMU.png

>Finnish
https://i.imgur.com/thYqRE9.png

>French
https://i.imgur.com/UpCEFWl.png

>German
https://i.imgur.com/ZTrFFlB.png
https://i.imgur.com/CzpgmUP.png

>Japanese
https://i.imgur.com/Ur8PzMZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/InA8n4n.png

>Mandarin (traditional characters)
https://i.imgur.com/mNvOu9i.png

>Russian
https://i.imgur.com/zhwCKlo.png

>Spanish
https://i.imgur.com/AKboS8t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IQW5sKT.png

>Swedish
https://i.imgur.com/zjjjxct.png

>Turkish
https://i.imgur.com/IgPQdj8.jpg
>>
How good are the berlitz courses? The one sold as books and cds on book stores? Shitloads of them sold with massive discounts on used bookstores.
>>
File: angry pepe gun.jpg (14 KB, 600x384)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>It's another "Why are you learning Polish, it's useless" Episode
>>
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

This pastebin has >>80352801 these links as well, so use this one in the next thread so everything is in one place
>>
>>80346774
>>80346843
>>80346945
Ah, thank you all. Kinda feel like an idiot now.

>>80354680
Not learning Polish, but I know how you feel
>>
how the fuck do German speakers to remember such large words?
>>
>>80345545
That's disgusting. I would stop right there.

>>80355934
Most of the large words are just compound words. For example, "Krankenwagen" consists of "Krank" = sick, "en" which sort of just helps bring the word together (someone better at German than me pls confirm), and "wagen" = car, so you end up with a Sick Car, aka an Ambulance. The same applies to bigger words
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29 KB, 640x480)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>80356043
it looks so difficult
>>
>>80355934
Superior Aryan genetics
>>
>>80356116
lel that's one of the easy parts. The grammar is the real pain in the ass.
>>
blump
>>
>>80354680
Being able to understand the people who try to steal your car?
>>
File: 1319587848118.jpg (17 KB, 251x251)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>mfw I finally find German tapes that use informal speech

Finally, something that can help me get through everyday life.
>>
File: wegegew.png (311 KB, 1311x651)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>be me
>score 805 in TOEIC
>have to attend 2 semester of """""""English Class""""""" in college
LIFE SCREWED!
>>
How do I learn how to speak sentences with French?
>>
>>80359688
I hope you drown next time the dam breaks
>>
>>80364705
Don't you mean dike?
>>
I realize I have to do way more and reduce distractions like youtube, music, games and tv to ever become good in my target language.
>>
>>80364328
By learning french.
>>
>>80369674
I think you should do the opposite desu. It's way better to use those "distractions" in a meaningful way to learn your language. Find YouTube channels, music, vidya etc of your target language and consume lots of them. Learning isn't just sitting in a desk with a grammar book and powering through it all
>>
>>80349605
check the imgur links

>>80349621
muh heritage?
>>
What’s the best order to learn Japanese as in what should you start off with and whatnot?
>>
>>80372949
weeaboo
>>
>>80372949
Visit the daily Jap thread on /int/
>>
I'm going to start learning Icelandic is there an Iceland general on /int/?
>>
>>80372028
How do I form sentences brah? Do I just have to speak and learn through trail and error?
>>
il faut bumper ce fil.
>>
Is Assimil - Russian for English speakers supplemented with Duolingo and some television/music a good way to start Russian?I did the same with French as a kid and learned decently

Also is the Russian course for Assimil even good? I loved the French course, but I don't want to drop money on the full course and materials if it's one of the bad ones
>>
>>80355904
Don't worry, all of us English speakers need to get our heads around that the first time we learn other languages. It's used in both romance and slavic languages. I don't know to what extent person-marking on verbs is common in Germanic languages. But we have -s as a 3rd person singular in English (I run, you run, he runs).
>>80372949
as the toothpasteman said, visit /DJT/. You'll find plenty of resources there. But basically you want to start out by learning hiragana.
>>80373920
No, we only have a small handful of icelandic posters. However if you go onto the Norwegian and Danish threads, you may be lucky enough to find them. Every now and again you'll find them posting in the Norgetraden. From memory, I think there's 2 in Iceland, 1 on the Faroe Islands, 2 in Norway and 1 in Denmark,
>>80374507
learn basic grammar. Learn how to make simple declarative statements like "The apple is red." and "The car is good".
>>
Where do I get fricking manga in German? I wanted to download volumes of Naruto, Yu-gi Oh or Dragon Ball but cannot find them anywhere.

>>80372949
first learn Kana
>>
>>80373258
lol i know
>>80373878
>>80378974
Thanks for your advice. Is there a Korean general on /int/ as well that can help with learning Korean?
>>
>>80379013
I shall look into it. Why do you think that I should learn Katakana first?
>>
>>80379046
why the fuck do you want to learn more than one language at once?

kana isn't katakana, but hiragana + katakana
you should first learn hiragana, then learn katakana - it's a matter of a day or two for each script; they both constitute Kana
>>
>>80379013
There's an app called Mangarock.
You can find manga on there in lots of different languages. I even read Naruto translated into Vietnamese on there.

>>80379097
Kana isn't short for katakana. Kana just means both Hiragana and Katakana.
I strongly suggest learning Hiragana before Katakana.
>>80379046
I've seen a Korean general in the past, not sure how common they are tho
>>
File: kek.jpg (11 KB, 238x212)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>80379133
>why the fuck do you want to learn more than one language at once?
Anon, stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>80379198
t. Jack of all trades
you can technically learn 2 languages at once, but progress in both of them will be severely slowed due to that fact
>>
>>80379247
I study 3. I think it does slow it down, however, there has been times where I dedicate myself to a single language, and I often find I struggle to keep motivation for it. It's almost like I get bored of it and want to do something else (This may have to do with the fact that my favorite way to study is just grinding through grammar and vocab non-stop with a textbook).
So this way when I get bored of looking at Croatian grammar non-stop, I can move to my Spanish books, then when I get bored of that, I can move to my Japanese Anki deck.
I wouldn't recommend it for everyone
>>
>>80379347
What languages do you speak?
I get what you're saying, I kinda plan to do the same but only because the languages are so distant - Jap and German. I love to learn the first and do shit in it, but have no feelings towards the latter except just finally learning that shit that has been creeping behind me for all those years.
>>
>>80379415
>What languages do you speak?
English is obviously my native language
I speak Spanish pretty good (B2.2)
My parents are from Croatia, so I know a bit of that, but I'm really bad at it and trying to improve
Then on top of that, I've been doing Japanese since high school. I know Toki Pona (meme conlang) and I'm interesting in starting Vietnamese and Portuguese soon (can already understand a fair bit because Spanish)
>>
>>80379463
how do I read manga in German on that site MangaRock? I cannot find any way to filter German stuff

also it's an app for Android and I have Windows Phone xD
>>
>>80379555
I'm not sure, I've never used the website
I'll take a look now and see if I can find some way to do it. On the android app it's really easy. Basically just select what language you want to see manga in, and that's it
>>
>>80379670
don't bother man, apparently there's no German manga for the titles I'm interested in
thanks for tip regardless!
good night
>>
>>80379689
yeah I didn't have any luck on the website
Good night, sleep well
>>
>>80379164
>There's an app called Mangarock.
>You can find manga on there in lots of different languages.
Going to check this out. Website didn't have anything in my language, was all in English. The app allows you to sort by language?

Been looking for a Spanish manga source. Might need to try one of the anime private trackers or something..
>>
>>80379164
>>80382194
Oh shit. Sorry saw someone else asked this just above. I'll try the app.
>>
>>80374507
just try to think of something. for example three cops in a boat. trois policiers dans une barque.
>>
>>80379347
we cannot verify your claims but either you are fucking genius or you are hardly making any progress.
>>
>>80374507
>How do I form sentences brah?
subject, verb and predicate.
>I am American
Je suis americain
I recommend learning the personal pronouns (je, tu, il etc), learn the conjugation of verbs être (to be) and avoir (have) and some simpler and most used ones like manger, parler etc and learn the name of everyday things to start building vocabulary (how to say book, car etc)
>>
>>80382842
not him, but what helped me a lot was memorizing and making sense of their "little" words. like y en dont etc. they are super important as they glue everything together. after that i was able to read simple texts because the vocabulary is so similar to english.
>>
>>80349621
deskiñ a rez kembraeg?
>>
>>80344718
Working on Magyar, and I want to die.
>>
>>80345545
I can't imagine that the Chinese for English speakers course is going to be much better...
>>
bump
>>
>>80345545
>duolingo

Into the trash it goes dude.
>>
So Chinese vs Korean vs Japanese, which is easiest to start with?
Japanese can help with most of my interests, Chinese would be most useful obviously, and Korean not quite sure but does interest me a little
>>
>>80386009
my order will be korean < chinese < Japanese
>>
File: 21743167.jpg (48 KB, 640x807)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>he learn arabic
>>
>>80379046
>Thanks for your advice. Is there a Korean general on /int/ as well that can help with learning Korean?

Do not learn Korean and Japanese at the same time.
>>
>>80379463
Why are you learning so many?
You'll suck at 6 languages instead of being good in 3.
>>
>>80390646
>he can't learn 12 languages at the same time
What's it like being a normie loser?
>>
>262 (twohundredsixtytwo) cards to review
is it even worth it anymore?
>>
>>80393155
I'm at 468 :(
>>
File: systemcheck.jpg (10 KB, 234x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>80393155
>>80393378
Okay we need to talk about this problem. When do we start removing cards or something? I love spaced repetition but it gets overwhelming, then I rush it, and I think that isn't as effective.
>>
>>80354680
Nie przejmuj się zuchu,podziwiam Cię!
>>
>>80393155
>>80393378
>>80395519
You fell for a meme
Read sentences.
>>
>>80349621
honestly same. sadly don't live in wales anymore because of uni :(
>>
>>80396783
A lot of my cards are sentences.
>>
My old Italian Anki deck "1000+".
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 410x84)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Send help
>>
>>80402182
1000+ cards total or cards to review today?
>>
File: maybe-a-mealcuck.jpg (39 KB, 550x535)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Why is everyone silent about the obviously problem with spaced repetition programs like Anki and Quizlet overwhelming users with reviews as you progress.

Is this a conspiracy? Both companies make money off their spaced repetition schemes. Could they have planted shills and tricked us all?
>>
>>80404134
Because it's user error that causes people to get overwhelmed, you can set anki to 1 card a day if you want. You're asking a question like, "Why do cars go above 80 miles an hour when speed limits exist, what if someone puts their foot down too much and gets in trouble"
>>
File: pepe-anx-2.jpg (33 KB, 450x437)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>80404516
How do I back out of trouble? I've backed off the new card amounts obviously, but the reviews from when I was adding fast in the beginning are what are killing me.

How far spaced apart do they get? Can a 2,000 card deck ever become manageable if I stop adding new cards fast since everything will be spaced really well?
>>
>>80386171
So Korean is easiest?
>>
Thoughts on playing games in your target language?

I'm about to try out Portal 2 in German
>>
>>80406031
I just play world war games, plenty of frequently repeated German sentences.
>>
>>80406031
Never played games like that, but I've changed the language on my phone to my target language and it worked out fine for me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (50 KB, 691x383)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>80404686
This the forecast on my 1,000 card Spanish conjugation deck, now at 82% mature.
>>
>>80404516
>>80404134
>>80404686
I've never used anki but on memrise i have a similar issue. If they are cards you have already reviewed a ton and know pretty well, then you can just go over them every week or so.
This way you can focus on what you are struggling with the most and not waste time on words you already know. Or just slow down your progression with new words until you get better at your current ones.
>>
>>80406031
RPGs are good for they usually have lots of dialogue. Played pkmn in French with mildly success in relation to gains. But halfway through it I got lazy and stopped looking the words I didn't know.
Just don't get complacent
>>
>>80406353
How do I read this graph? I don't use Anki. On the bottom it says your averaging 15.4 reviews per day, but the cumulative line means number you'll be reviewing in 30 days? So in 30 days you'll have to review almost 500 cards, or does that mean just how many are in your deck? I'm confused because I think it is the total in your deck, but you said you have 1000...
>>
>>80406347
Yeah i'm also doing that

>>80406691
Yeah i imagine that would be good for vocab. I mostly want to get used to hearing spoken german at a natural/semi natural pace so vocab is bonus to me
>>
>>80407197
Anki will show me 478 cards over the next 30 days. The average per day for the next 30 days is 478/30 = 15ish.
>>
I wanna learn Arabic or Chinese, just to say that I have mastered the hardest language in the world.
>>
>>80407889
That's reasonable. Quizlet must suck. Anki I couldn't get accents to work though.
>>
>>80407961
Arabic has an alphabet
>>
>>80379164
>Mangarock.
>>80382194
Thanks for this. I checked it out at lunch today and there is lots of Spanish content. Wonder why it doesn't work on the web.
>>
File: apu-halp-mitery.jpg (84 KB, 882x731)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>80409236
Wait a minute I thought I picked a childrens book, I'm pretty sure this says the guy is sleeping with his sisters.
>>
bump
>>
How do you pronounce Wojak?
>>
>>80411680
Woa-jack tbhwyfam. Is this right or did I Burger it?
>>
>>80411680
wo-jak
it's phonetic

Or if you're a sl*v:
Vo-yak
>>
File: 3I1jm.jpg (598 KB, 1650x1275)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
Where can i find a chart like this for russian verb conjunctions
>>
>>80411774
>>80411800
I know how it reads but I don't know from where it hails and hence how to properly say it. You don't pronounce fjord "fuh-jord"
>>
I miss "es" so fucking much in Russian, is there anything like it? Ecть doesn't seem right to me
>>
So for clozemaster frequency lists should I just start at something like 10k instead of the 100 one first and going up
>>
>>80404134
Yiu don't have to do it all in one sitting
>>
>>80412413
Fellas? For those that aren't familiar with Spanish es means "is" or "it is"
>>
>>80404799
I don't know shit about Korean/Chinese/Japanese grammar, but I do know that it has a far simpler writing system and it isn't hard on pronounciation.
>>
>>80349734
A mix of both. I learn grammar whilst slowly increasing my vocabulary
>>
bump
>>
>>80406031
Do you guys think it makes more sense to have German Audio/English Subs, or German Audio and German Subs??

I feel like english subs lets me focus more on listening and can help with vocab, but german subs can help me connect the listening and reading (and im better at reading), so I feel like it makes more mental connections? idk if that makes sense
>>
>>80422227
German Audio and English subs no doubt
>>
File: 1500426698873.jpg (991 KB, 2486x1807)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
>>80404799
of course, between those three korean is the easiest, korean is hard nobody have the guts to deny you that, let me explain you

Chinese
>bad things:
hanzi, one or many character(s) who represent a thing, it's a tonal language
>good things:
it has a similar syntax to Western European languages and I personally find that the meaning of long words can be deduced by the characters that compose them something like in German but in a hardcore way

Japanese
this language is criminally insane i don't know who is the person who could inventing this kind of language but he might be an asshole
>bad things:
worse writing system ever, first of all you start with 46x2 character (hiragana and katakana) + their little things who change their sounds (´, '' or °) and others + their sound exceptions. 2. you might be asked you, when i use katakana or hiragana? well that's easy, it's depend of the context, - but this is the beggining - when this starts to get ridiculously hard is when you start to learn kanjis, like in chinese wich different character(s) (hanzi) means different words here is the same but more extreme like 1 character = 1 or many words, the syntax here is S O V like in korean
>good thingst:
you will be able to say i know japanese and see anime without subtitles
extra: The korean language is more friendly with their learners and the syntax between japanese and korean are pretty similar

Material
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3MRMBjd20 kanji story
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdYKxHT8kY the hardest writing system
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHC3i6N9Wvk how similar are chinese and japanese
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9-e_3GHrzw the japanese language
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9hzK0K1L4I how korea crafted a better alphabet
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K53oCDZPPiw world's easiest writing
>http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
>las weas que escribo cuando estoy cansado
>>
File: 1480333946188.jpg (884 KB, 1920x1200)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>80424024
>>
File: Page1.jpg (3.3 MB, 5075x6594)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>80424095
chinese 1/6
>>
File: Page2.jpg (3.3 MB, 5075x6594)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>80424167
2/6
>>
File: Page3.jpg (3.14 MB, 5075x6594)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>80424192
3/6
>>
File: 7238.jpg (207 KB, 900x900)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>80424167
>businesspeople
>>
If only Mao ordered a reform where tonals were outlawed.
>>
where's the Finn that used to post in these threads? The one learning German like me?
>>
>>80423208
Can you explain why?
>>
bump
>>
File: 1493753398210.jpg (65 KB, 657x527)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I can't wait until I know enough to actually consume regular media. It's boring listening to Pimsleur, meme apps, and doing flash cards. Yet, I'm just not able to read the news or anything yet.
>>
>>80428189
Yesterday I had a little luck with reading a short article in the newspaper about rick and morty fans getting their shitty meme sauce. It was lulz
>>
>>80428315
Nice. I just ordered some children's book to try. I could kinda understand the synopsis.
>>
bum ping
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1280x719)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>
Has anyone here used a coursea or edx course?

Bump
>>
>>80434730
A CUTE!
>>
dead as fuck
>>
>>80441463
Work keeps getting in the way of my studying and shitposting.

I'm finally on Pimsleur Spanish III right now. Just started the first lesson today. I'm not even half way through and I feel like I have such a long way to go.
>>
>What language are you learning?
Medieval Latin
>Share language learning experiences!
University Library.jpg
>>
Skeletons are niggers.
Americans are fat and they don't know languages very well.
Luxembourg people are hungry dweebs.
Costa Ricans are monkeys.
Germans are Turks.
Turks think they're Germans.
Mongols are GAY.
>>
>>80424220
Any more for Mandarin?
>>
>Texas can't even count to 6
>>
>>80424499
If only Churchill and FDR ordered a reform in which dental fricatives were outlawed.
Phonemic tones occur in ~70% of the world’s languages. That’s a whole lot more than the ~7% with dental fricatives.
>>
>>80445063
Why is it such a hard sound for speakers of other languages to make? It's not a particularly difficult tongue movement
>>
I'm having a low in my studying right now, hopefully I'll find some more motivation soon.
>>
>>80445448
It isn’t difficult for you because you picked it up as a baby. Your brain recognizes speech sounds from languages you speak (and actually speak, not just kinda) through something like muscle memory, with place and manner of articulation mattering a lot more than most aspects of sound signature. Sounds that don’t exist in your native language, then, especially those articulated similarly to ones that you do have, are difficult to even hear. Can you consistently recognize and reproduce the distinction between Arabic ح and ه right now, for example? But neither is that complicated a motion...
>>
>>80445928
Nigger I don't speak or read Arabic. I'm talking about foreigners who speak English and pronounce something like "the" as "de"
>>
My professor pronounces things that end in и with what sounds like an extra e at the end (i.e. кpoccoвки sounds like кpoccoвкиe), is that a quirk, a rule or just a natural kind of Russian thing?
>>
>>80445928
It’s a pretty good parallel, actually. Imagine you’re French and you’ve never ever stuck out your tongue to produce a speech sound before, and then this barbarous Anglo comes along with his tongue hanging visible out his teeth (c’est monstrueux ça non ? isn’t that dangerous, couldn’t it hurt?) and tells you you just gotta “PUT YR TONGUE BETWEEN YR TEETH AND BLOW” while producing this annoying hiss that sounds halfway between your “s” and your “f” with his tongue rudely hanging out.
Now consider ح in Arabic. You can probably intuit and maybe feel how to produce it in isolation, but can you recognize and reproduce it every time? Can you distinguish it from your native language’s very similar sounds with good accuracy? Doesn’t it sound a little dangerous and painful to do that with your throat all the time?
>>
>>80446017
Wasn’t expecting you to speak Arabic, but you got google, and Wikipedia’s got recordings, no?
Lemme put this in simpler terms for yr stubborn ass:
There are many sounds far more common than some in English that English lacks. Can you perfectly distinguish them and produce them every time, especially if English has similar sounds?
>>
>>80446017
It's hard to pinpoint what your tongue is supposed to do when you learn a new sound. You don't have any example words or letters, so you just need to try and imitate the other speakers which often ends up with them going for the closest equivalent in their language.
>>
>>80446286
I should think if I have a formal education in the language I ought to be able to speak it well
>>
Yo pienso que es un desastre que no está enseñada mucha ahora las formas de "vosotros" excepto en España y algunos partes de Sudamérica. A mí me gusta usarlo mucho y es útil y muy divertido.
>>
>>80446524
How do I separate what I learned for Spanish in High School and what I'm trying to learn now for Russian?
>>
>>80447024
Fuck I didn't mean to reply to that post, RIP
>>
>>80446339
Try that when you can’t even hear the sound. Once you’ve passed that critical period, you can get very good, but it is incredibly unlikely that you will ever be as consistent about it as someone who distinguishes those sounds natively. Scientific fact, independent of our preconceptions regarding language education and “proper” speech.
>>
>>80447024
Mixing languages (not code switching, which is systematic and demands incredibly high proficiency in all languages involved, but honest “I can’t tell the difference” mixing) is actually pretty rare. Just learn more and don’t worry and if you’re mixing now it will decrease. A strong understanding of the languages’ phonotactics may help in the short term (and pronunciation in general) but this is really very rarely a long term problem.
>>
>>80448584
It's not even like phonetics, I just instinctively want to put some Spanish into my Russian while speaking
>>
>>80448656
Yeah, no, I know. Just saying phonetic awareness of both could help short-term to make them more distinct. That said, the reason you’re doing this is probably just because these are the only languages you’ve explicitly studied from nothing. Improve your fluency, spontaneity, etc and this is very unlikely to persist.
>>
>>80445928
I'm an English native speaker but I didn't learn how to pronounce my "th" sounds until I was 8. I wasn't even aware that the sound existed, I just pronounced it as a "v" or an "f". Nobody corrected me at all for years. I even saw a speech therapist once and she didn't correct it at all. It wasn't until one of my neighbors told me I pronounced my "the" as "vuh" and made fun of me for it.

I know how to words with "th" correctly now, but I still sometimes have to make a conscious effort to use the sound, or I completely botch it all together. I certainly wish someone had corrected me sooner though!
>>
>>80448989
When you’re eight, you can still get it about as well as you described. That’s about the age at which I learned English and only people who already know it’s not my native language ever notice me slipping—but I notice myself slipping all the time, and it does get a little exhausting. A few more years and you wouldn’t have gotten dental fricatives and I wouldn’t have gotten English at all. So it happens.
>>
>>80449089
Which is not to say that you can’t learn a language at all: just set realistic expectations about what it will take and where you may level out. I have devoted a significant portion of my adult life to Arabic, particularly Lebanese, and there is no Arabic speaker who would mistake me for a native. I still consider every hour to have been worth it and every hour more still.
>>
File: 1507478213553.jpg (16 KB, 320x216)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>80449196
>Will never be able to be fully fluent in any language
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>80449354
Fluency isn’t clearly defined term. You may very well become fluent in terms of ability to pass tests and conduct all quotidian and maybe even some extraordinary (a la Joseph Conrad or Vladimir Nabokov) tasks in another language. You will never be fully native-like (Joseph Conrad spoke with a thick Polish accent until the day he died), but why should that stop you? I don’t necessarily want to be mistaken for an Arab.
>>
bumperino
>>
>>80424220
more?
>>
>>80428189
what's your target language?
>>
Have any of you guys mixed up your languages and looked retarded?
One time I was in Austria and I ordered some food in German, then they asked me a question and I started to reply in Spanish. Am i just retarded?
>>
>>80453002
I think it's the spanish learning guy
>>
Well then
>>
>>80454064
go to sleep.
>>
File: Page4.jpg (2.75 MB, 5075x6594)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>80424220
>>80452648
>>
>>80453296
My first week in Switzerland, the lady at the bank asked me if I had something and I responded with "no" in Japanese (nai) and had to stop myself multiple times from saying yes in Japanese as well.

I had trouble sleeping because of this until I learned that Swiss German no (nei) sounds the same as the Japanese no that I used, so it all worked out in the end :-)
>>
File: Page5.jpg (3.26 MB, 5075x6594)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>80454552
5/6
>>
File: Page6.jpg (3.37 MB, 5075x6594)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>80454592
6/6
>>
>>80453296
When I was in London a girl inside the lift asked which floor I wanted to go, and I replied not once but twice "le troisième étage". Good thing that I made a three with my fingers... The funny part is that I hadn't even realised it until someone asked why I responded in French.
>>
bump
>>
>>80453002
Spanish.

>>80453359
h-how did you know.
>>
Parts of the core vocabulary starts to feel very natural, like I've always known the words and I'm surprised when people round me don´t understand - feels like eveyone should know these words.
>>
Fucking bump
>>
I kind of want to learn a language but I have no motivation since everyone speaks mine...

The drawback of managing a huge fucking Empire and spreading English from North America to Singapore...
>>
>>80466538
But other languages are so close to you?
>>
>>80466715

Yeah but they all speak English. France, Italy, Germany.... there's literally no point.
>>
>>80344718
Searching for some good way to learn Korean right now
>>
>>80466538
WE

>>80461068
Apps are a meme
>>
>>80467221
>Apps are a meme
Ah yeah. I actually like apps but it's fun calling them a meme. I'm not really an authority to decide whether something is good or bad yet.
>>
>>80466749
>Yeah but they all speak English
I had gotten pretty far into German before I lost motivation due to this fact.
I've been learning Russian for about two months now.
>>
>>
>>80466749
As someone who has spent a whole bunch of time in Germany, I could see German being kind of frustrating to practice as a foreigner. Most Germans speak at least some English, and they are so excited to practice SPEAKING it that when you are a native speaker they are way more interested in practicing their language than chatting with you a bit in theirs. Especially young people where their future kind of depends on being pretty proficient in English.

That said, I have one friend who worked for Mercedes Benz USA and then took a job at Mercedes in Germany. Let me tell you as soon as he got there they were (rightfully so) no longer interested in speaking English with him. They expect residence to speak their language. I wish America was a bit more like that, we give the Latinos too much of a pass.

That said, German as an English-native foreigner would not be impossible by any means, you could still get plenty of practice - just be sure to allot lots of time to speak with them in English first!
>>
>>80468245
With apps, you may spend a very large percentage of your attention on the game aspect/repetition aspect and very little on either retaining old information or acquiring new information, especially compared to Anki and a textbook. However, if that is the only way you can persuade yourself to study, I fully encourage it.
>>
>>80470026
I'd say right now I'm 40% Pimsleur, 40% Quizlet (basically Anki), 10% Practice with natives, 10% apps. I'm going to be using Lingvist more in the future though, I really like it I just feel like I want to get more structure down first. I just started Pimsleur III so a ways to go on that. I want to see it through all the way to 5. I never get through a lesson per day, so I think that'll be Spring next year to finish that.
>>
>>80406031
I was around the Spanish and French servers on World of Warcraft back when I played. I'm fluent in Spanish now and still working on French, but playing an MMORPG (its not really an mmo nor rpg anymore though) can help you out with learning vocab.

I also played for months almost daily with a Spanish team in a competitive shooter, me being the only foreigner. That definitely helped.
>>
>>80471295
I miss being a kid with all the time in the world to play vidya.
>>
>>80428189
I've found Instagram comics pretty good for learning Korean. Simple, short phrases and lots of context. More fun than my textbooks.
>>
>>80472156
Interesting, thanks. I'll have to check out some Spanish comics. I've been looking for Spanish translated manga in print form (I get tired of staring at screens all the time) but did find some on mangarocks app. I ordered a graphic novel off Amazon recently too.

I have this weird relationship with Pimsleur where I think it is really helping me so I keep doing it, but I get tired of the monotony. It's not very engaging.
>>
File: 1425330875187.jpg (36 KB, 400x388)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>tfw I keep telling people to "have a good night" at 3:00pm.
Seems my spaghetti crosses the language barriers quite well.
>>
>>80469821
>Latim
>Espanhol
What's the most useless language and why is it Portuguese?
>>
>>80472486
>tfw I probably won't be able to bring my "y-you too" to Russian
There is a God
>>
>>80472597
portuguese is not useless because it makes learning spanish easier :3
>>
>>80472790
I hear Catalonia backed down a bit. Do they really think Madrid is going to let them escape? kek.
>>
>>80472970
they backed down by their own will and for their own good
and they lost almost 1/3 of their GDP just for attempting that shit so they no longer will have the "we too rich for spain" argument
>>
>>80473360
I read large companies were already moving out, but they already lost 1/3rd of their GDP? Damn!

How did the companies even move so quick?
>>
>>80473485
i dont think it takes that long, they just move their headquarters to madrid, the big companies probably already had offices there
some companies might come back but many dont fancy the uncertain future and will stay out until catalonya is somehow assured to stay as part of Spain
>>
>>80345072
Ma è la lingua piú bella del mondo.
>>
How do you guys keep motivated to studying after working 8 to 10 hour days? By the time I get home and cook/do dishes/shower i've got 3 or 4 hours before I should be in bed and im exhausted for that whole time.
>>
>>80474109
I work it in. Car ride in I do Pimsleur, lunchtime I study cards, car ride home I do Pimsleur, blank spaces and deadtime waiting for things I study on my phone. I do study a bit late at night but I don't find that is as effective. I'm exhausted. That's the time to do more passive things like maybe read in your TL or view websites in your TL.
>>
>>80473848

Italian fascinates me. A beautiful but useless language. So conflicted whether to learn it desu
>>
>>80475977
Italian has many more and complex words compared to english. If you like how it sounds, sure, go ahead and learn it. But if you learn languages that have a practical use then Italian won't be the best choiche.
>>
>>80476165

Thats what i mean. Italian sounds beautiful but its not practically useful. To learn or not to learn?
>>
>>80476281
Depends what other languages you know. I wouldn't start there.

Now if you want to do business with Italy it could make sense.
>>
>>80472486
Why did you think a different language would make you any better of a person?
>>
>>80474109
Eyes on the prize lad. Put something to constantly remind you why you're learning it.
I've a proficiency test in november that will help me study abroad. The calendar in my room has a big "test day" written so I don't ever lose focus
>>
File: Love_mummy_carl.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
i'd like to study a broad if you know what i mean hehehheheheheheh
>>
>>80472667
т-тeбe тoжe...
>>
>>80461068
Cuando empezaste a estudiar español?
>>
>>80480267
I meant I'll autistically say you too when I shouldn't
>enjoy your movie
>oh, you too
>>
>>80476281
You shouldn't have to worry about utility, you're a native English speaker.
The question is simple, do you like Italian? Do you enjoy aspects of their culture? Would you enjoy consuming their media and talking/interacting with Italians? If your answers are 'yes' then freaking go for it
>>
>>80474109
Routine is the name of the game
>>
bump
>>
How do you say "my life is a worthless sham yet death is too good for me" in Russian? Not that far along yet
>>
>>80474712
This is actually pretty much what i'm doing, it's textbook studying that i'm having a hard time incorporating.

>>80480017
Hmm, maybe I should look for a secondary motivator? Cause really my main motivation is "Languages are fuckin awesome and I'm in a semi German speaking country so imma learn German", as well as "I want to be able to make friends here/I dont wanna be THAT westerner", but I don't really NEED it since everyone I work with speaks English.

>>80484570
I'd been doing a good job of that until recently. Maybe work has just been especially exhausting lately (which I wouldn't doubt tbhonestly, the past week and a bit has been super busy)
>>
>>80472486
>Walk into convenience store for a coffee at 9am
>make transaction
>Cashier: "schöne Tag/Have a good day"
>Me: "schönen Abig/Have a good night"

FFS
>>
bump
>>
>>80487874
>>80490022
Schweizer Deutsch sounds so weird to my ears.
>>
I was looking at Rosetta Stone but few reviews swayed me away. However I found one that looks good called Rocket Languages and they have the language I'm looking to learn (Russian)

However does anyone have any experience with it? I really want to learn Russian, and all the free shit isn't getting me anywhere, so it's either this or looking toward private lessons.
>>
>>80490286
I tried it a bit for Korean.
It's like so many other programs. Nothing special.
Nothing bad too.
Good thing you tried the free thing.

Anyway stay away from RS.
>>
>>80490314
With free thing I meant the Rocket Lang trial.
>>
>>80490314
I tried the trial for a few moments to get the feel of it, yeah.

>stay away from RS
Kek will do.

I don't know lad, at this point (21) I don't know if I will ever learn Russian. I've been wanting too since I was 16, and all I am able to do is say a few words and read the language.
>>
File: zhwCKlo.png (437 KB, 785x1031)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>80490377
What did you think of our very own image?

Anyway, just pick a method and start. I'm 31 and learning a new lang. It's never too late.
>>
>>80346404
I agree

By the way the -re form is the future of subjunctive and it is only used in written legal documents.
>>
>>80490267
Me fuckin too, these are just easy things to use that you hear everyday
>>
>>80480567
>Cuando empezaste a estudiar español?
Lo he estudiado desde junio, así qué desde hace cuatro meses. Mi español todavía estoy mala, pero no lo sé. Y tú?

>>80487847
Yeah, I know the feeling. From what others have said it's just a grind and you make time when you can.
>>
>Polish
>spend all life studying english
>english is literally my hobby at this point
>move to Spain
>make some english friends
>fluent in english
>two years pass
>can't speak Spanish

I just hate this language, it sounds so gay. But I'm stuck here. How do I force myself to learn it?
>>
I visited /r/languagelearning and brought this back
>>
>>80493087
Even if it's a overused meme I would say it's pretty good
>>
File: tada-im-a-wizard.png (81 KB, 400x397)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>80490446
I'm 31 too. I feel like since I started learning Spanish now maybe by 34 be pretty good at it... still gives me a lot of use of it.
>>
>>80492480
How do you get around there without speaking Spanish? Using English?

Learning a language you aren't interested in sounds very hard, heck I'm struggling to learn one I am interested in, but I think you just got to stick with it. Try to find unique ways to study, where you are not only learning language but also enjoying something else.

Use Pimsleur Spanish in English that way you are practicing your English as well as your Spain. So you get to improve your English while learning Spanish.
>>
>>80493087
That's not even just Polish it's like all of West Slavics
>>
Bump Christ
>>
>>80414155
Give an example in a full sentence.
>>
i answer questions about spanish
>>
>>80501422
Es is the 3rd person singular conjugation of ser, to be. So it's is or it is. I know быть isn't like ever used but could I? Or would I seem like a psychopath?
>>
>>80345957
"no"
>>
>>80345598
maldito chilindio
Voseo es cuando dices "vos" en vez de "tu"
>>
>>80345792
BUEN INTENTO CHANCHO
>>
>>80416139
Korean has the easiest writing system to learn by far, but of the three listed, it has the most difficult grammar to learn.

>>80386009
Japanese, for interest, or Chinese if you really do see it being useful for your future, would be my recommendations. You'll appreciate having a strong driving interest or desire to learn the language once you hit rough patches or begin to get burned out in the transitions from beginner to intermediate, or intermediate to advanced.

Still check out Korean, as you might discover that it is more interesting to you than the others, but I'd go for something you have the most interest in, or the most need for.
>>
>>80503888
>appearing a psychopath if you use a certain construction
What the fuck...
Just use "Этo"
>>
>>80504259
I know Russians don't use to be in the present so I don't want to seem like I'm off or something
>>
I'm doing the Miracles of Human languages MOOC to try and get some motivation to to start learning again.
>>
>>80504372
This headache is only possible if you're already a native of a Slavic language. I know I go through the same pain with Russian, but an American...
How can an American feel a sense of "longing" for "to be"...
>>
>>80504505
It's integral to the language and to just exist without it is odd to me.
>>
>>80504707
I know you English speaks use and abuse "to be", but this is a Slavic language
>>
Trying to learn Irish Gaelic just for shits and gigs but I'm having a very hard time with it
>>
>>80504752
But this Slavic language.
>>
>>80441884
>Medieval Latin
Teach me, herre
>>
>>80505017
Nativlang and antimoon websites.
Good book:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19808549-the-grammar-of-romance

I don't want to disappoint you, but the most notable premises are speculations based on reconstructions of old French, Portuguese and certain Italian dialects
>>
Any tips for Greek?
I am looking for Greek series, Greek series with Greek subtitles and dubbed movies.
>>
>>80505531
Why bother learning Greek when you already speak the language of Alexander the Great?
>>
>>80505754
I want to speak with Leonidas, mate.
>>
>>80505177
Thanks for the book recommendation. Never heard of antimoon websites before, so I'll look that up aswell

Do you know medieval latin yourself? Or maybe an older version?
>>
File: img1.jpg (405 KB, 1600x899)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>80505531
>>80505531
>learning the wrong Greek
Shan't help
>>
>>80505991
зoштo
>>
>>80506051
I've learned Latin for 6 years, but I'm getting rusty because I don't use it. My vocabulary is still holding, major tenses as well, but give me Sallust to read and I'll hiss and jump through the nearest window available
>>
>>80506073
wrong Greek? I just want to tell this Cyprian chick I love her in her own speak. That will surely impress her
>>80506131
He has to bend the knee
>>
>>80506288
Begome priest, Hrvatbro
>>
>>80506309
>learning d*motiki to impress another peasant such as yourself
Abhorrent
>>
File: ivan.jpg (11 KB, 150x185)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>80506309
>bend the knee
>>
>>80506354
When I see today's priesthood and the future generations of theology students here, I want to eat my insides
>>
>>80506643
And what are they? Orthodox?
>>
How can I learn Slovak? I can't find books on it and my college doesn't offer any classes
>>
>>80386009
Chinese has the absolute easiest grammar out of all three.
After having learned Latin and German for years, learning Chinese has been a like breath of fresh air. No declensions, verb conjugations, grammatical genders....
Japanese and Korean have complicated grammar. And it's like taking the most complicated parts of learning any Indo-European language and stacking more stuff on top of them.
But of course, learn the language that you're interested in, learn the one that you're motivated to learn. Otherwise, you just won't have fun.
>>
It makes me feel so good when I find a flashcard I wrote a long time ago incorrectly and I fix it. I know it was shit to make a bad flashcard, but, it feels good to fix it later when you just look at it and go "that's not right!" Makes me feel like I'm learning something.
>>
>>80506759
Catholic
>>
>>80344718
hello guys i'm learning english i want somebody to practice with
>>
>>80507438
Oh. That's bad news
>>
>>80507254
Yes, but the writing system is appalling
>>
>>80506776
>go to pirate bay
>search for slovak pack
>>
>>80506776
>I can't find books on it
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdNWpOaFBYYjBSZGc
>>
>>80507724
Absolutely. And unfortunately and bleeds over into Japanese too.
>>
>>80507882
I appreciate this but I meant I can't find any physical books around me
>>
Why does cursive cyrillic makes no sense? м transforms into an u which looks exactly like и, and т is now an m
>>
>>80509812
it's a long story
>>
>>80508301
Just print the virtual version then
>>
>>80510224
Explain. I like to write in cursive but this is a pain.
>>
>>80466749
Romance language speaking countries are far worse off at English on average compare to Germanic countries,they definitely don't all speak English, just learn a Romance language.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.