[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download.jpg (6 KB, 259x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Do you believe in god?
>>
>>92106285
yes
>>
i don't know
>>
File: IMG_1094.gif (336 KB, 200x200)
336 KB
336 KB GIF
>>92106285
It's 2018 man
>>
>>92106285
not really, no
>>
>>92106285
no
>>
File: 1494612900215.jpg (22 KB, 300x213)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>92106285
Yes I'am agnostic
>>
>>92106285
yes, we exist to worship Allah
>>
>>92106285
i prefer not to
>>
File: 6325352.jpg (33 KB, 300x300)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Agnostic I guess, if he exists then why did he deal me such a shit card.
>>
File: dddddddd.jpg (63 KB, 640x920)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Yes
>>
>>92106285
I'm not a faggot
>>
File: 1527154807908.jpg (127 KB, 1024x600)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
yes, because I'm not a low iq faggot who believes everything just 'happened'.

Agnostics are based there's room for them to hear both sides from theists and atheist.
>>
>>92106285
No, I don't have that special chromosome.
>>
>>92107260
in case you're believing in any god as described by the various religions you shouldn't call anyone low iq
>>
File: 1525896111558.jpg (42 KB, 500x632)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I wish I still did
>>
>>92107330
even the lord and savior of the Atheists richard dawkins is a agnostic, he inside knows there's a deity.

also religions that aren't judaism and christianity are nothing but memes.
>>
>>92106285
There is no supernatural being on this universe. He is out torturing and murdering people in a parallel one.
>>
>>92106285
No, because I understand how and why that concept was created.
>>
Yep. There are quite a few Christians here.
>>
>>92107595
lmao as if Atheists were any sort of organized group
and judaism and christianity are memes as well
>>
File: 1530543216285.jpg (61 KB, 409x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Unfortunately not. How do I regain my faith from when I was little?
I think it would make my life more bearable to believe in God and the afterlife.
>>
>>92107925
if god exists he's a cunt
no point in having faith in him
>>
>>92107925
Start reading the Bible and some theology, if you have genuine interest
>>
>>92107925
The lobotomy would do the job.
>>
no
>>
>>92107925
read Kierkegaard
>>
>>92106285
I believe in God Emperor only.
>>
>>92107825
The reason why I'm Christian is how well documented the resurrection is.
from a non-christian view(actually christians didn't exist yet just a handful group of follows christ) there are 20+ sources plus those of roman documents supporting it.

When christ rose from the dead, he completely btfo'd mr. Shekelstein and his cronies. thus the start of the Christian religion. These evidences are real and still haven't been disproved. this is why i argue that every religion that isn't judaism or Christian is nothing but memes.
>>
god doesn't real
>>
>>92108164
lmao where did you learn this, church?
>>
>>92107925
Same as you, but why would he give us an afterlife? As the dutch guy said either some of those old heavy hitters as kierkegaard, or contemporary american philosophers like that reasonable faith guy or the one who came up with the biologos.

>afterlife
desu, I cant believe in christianity because its story is absurdly optimist.
>>
File: 1527135373747.jpg (145 KB, 713x713)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
used to be agnostic.
>>
File: eitheror.jpg (97 KB, 528x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>92108079
>>
>>92108264
Nein.

All i did was self reading, lots and lots it was fun and gives you something to discern as you go on.
>>
>>92108398
so if God is truly a loving god like Christianity preaches, why does he allow evil to exist?
If he's truly all powerful like Christianity preaches, could he create a stone heavy enough even he couldn't lift it?
There's tons and tons of logical faults that make this highly unbelievable to me
The rational explenation that it were simply some desert people creating a religion that fit their use seems much more logical to me
>>
File: lekierkegaardface.jpg (183 KB, 800x1000)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>92107994
>>92108028
Cringe.

>>92108015
Based.

>>92108079
>>92108292
Reading Kierkegaard did nothing for me, except further confirm that nothing matters.
>>
>>92108301
we did it reddit :)
>>
>>92108558
Faith isn't rational, you're missing the entire point of faith.
>>
>>92108558
>muh evil
Only christians or people with christian upbringing see horror of life as a theological problem.
>>
File: 1528138603635.png (455 KB, 510x690)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>92108590
Did what, friend?
It's not as if it's atypical for Danes to have read Kierkegaard.
>>
>>92108301
Good lad. Must be great to read it non-translated.
>>
>>92108649
yeah, well the religions people still have faith in claimed (or still claim) to be rational until very recently when most people became educated
no point in having faith in such bs
>>92108651
so what?
if you or your god doesn't think horror is a problem, what's the point in believing in such a gruesome god?
>>
File: 1499917119218.jpg (203 KB, 381x424)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>92108298
>atheism was soviet union's biggest problem
>>
If there was a God he would've told me desu.
>>
I do believe in god.
I don't believe in the people that make up his various churches
>>
>>92108568
Well, maybe some people are just genetically less able to believe .
>nothing matters
Schopenhauer was a pretty pessimistic atheist/agnostic. But he liked bhuddism. If you arent a faggot about eastern stuff as most westeners are (I cant get it myself and didnt look into it much) then maybe you find something there.
>>
>>92108558
We create our own suffering, by using my own free will let's say i go on a murder spree i managed to kill a few people their relatives suffer for their loss of a loved one and might blame God that why did such a thing happen to them? when ultimately it's just my own doing i created their suffering not God.
The police won't arrest God they'll come looking for me. God is fair to everyone but he'll judge you when you die.
Like he says he lets the sun shine on the righteous and the wicked he lets the rain drop also on the heads of the righteous and the wicked. the Christ-God is the proof. God will not be taunted by ''if God's so powerful why cant he do x''. We need to stop blaming God for the injustices we caused each other.
>>
>>92106285
Yes but I'm not religious
God can be everything, if we live in a simulation then God can be the simulation itself
>>
>>92106285
Yes, I believe Allah and Siva.
>>
>>92108568
What? You want to think as a child again, so you need to make your intellectual capacity child-like.
>>
>>92108733
>what is the point
Your servitude to something infinitivly greater that gives you dignity through slavery if you are muslim.
A great leader who made the world imperfect but gave you all the tools to overcome it and remake it as you see fit in partnership with him if you are a jew.
The greek pagans had a lot of views, in some gods were guarants of virtue which is the only godly thing you can bring in this world in the face of suffering/horror so it would be foolish not to.
I could say something about hindus but i dont know enough.
>>
Yes
>>
>>92108949
what about cancer or babies born with horrible diseases? God's almighty, right, so why does he do that to innocent children?
>>92109179
good explanation
tho I don't believe it's necessary to have an illogical belief in some unproven god to be able to be humble and behave morally
>>
>>92107925
actually delving into the philosophical and theological aspects of religion instead of just showing up to mass every week and expecting it to return
I was agnostic till I had to do a mandatory religion unit at my catholic university, and what I learnt brought my faith back
>>
>>92109312
>God's almighty, right, so why does he do that to innocent children?
He's evil and like hate children. That's right in the bible.
>>
>>92108949
People who critisize christianity for there being human vice are not very thoughtful.
But what shook people were the things that happened without any wrongdoing of men. Birth defects back then got explained by witches and demons exerting their corrupting influence on the material world they are allowed to act in since the rebellion of satan, but stuff like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1755_Lisbon_earthquake
Disturbed people and left them discontend, christianity seems to struggle with it still.
>>
Can't say that I do
>>
>>92106285
No.
>>
>>92109312
>what about cancer or babies born with horrible diseases? God's almighty, right, so why does he do that to innocent children?
the idea is that suffering is what drives society to improve
life on earth is what we make it and suffering is what motivates us to improve the quality of life for everyone. St Paul said that Jesus learned obedience through what he suffered”. His faith in God was tempered by suffering

even atheists agree with this. I remember Satre saying that it was through anguish that man became aware of their freedom
>>
>>92106285
No, but I wish I could find a good reason to. The same thing applies to any spiritual or supernatural things. It would make life more exciting and give it some meaning.
>>
>>92109535
ok, fair enough, but if God is almighty and all knowing, why didn't he create us to improve without suffering? Is he a sadist?
>>
>>92108164
cringe
>>
>>92109590
comes back to original sin basically
>>
>>92109590
>Is he a sadist?
Yes
>>
>>92109563
That's not a healthy pass time. If you really want some excitement, just go hiking or visit a place you've never been to. I'm sure there's somewhere in your region that you've had your eyes on.
>>
>>92109312
>ilogical
Well it often is very logical if you are ready to accept some basic premises out of blind faith.
There being nothing at all is also an assumption afterall that has not been logically deduced yet. There are plenty of believers in the sciences.
>I dont believe its necessary
Well, its proven that people need rituals and orthodoxy of some kind to develope their ingroup feelings. Anthropology and shit, we are hardwired in some ways afterall. "high"Religions manage or at least try to extend your love for the ape-pack you know on all apes there are as much as you can allow yourself to.
International politics with all their backstabbing and hard interest plays show how groups behave if there is no common contract that is followed because you think you cannot cheat around it, or should not at least. And these people up there are very intelligent afterall and wield great power, so its hard to imagine we are so competent ourselves all alone.
>>
>>92109695
which is a rather shoddy story.
Petersons explanation of sapience/introsperspection making thoughtful evil possible would be a mechanism that while logical is not in our power and had been set up by creation.

>suffering is what motivates us to improve quality of life for everyone
Not much you can improve on a child with glassbones or people with impaired brains. Our behaviour being partly steered by biology and having inherently violent roots does not help much too.
https://www.npr.org/2013/05/01/180096559/criminologist-believes-violent-behavior-is-biological?t=1531402358598

Some people believed executions bred these genes out in orderly and totalitarian societies for populations such as europeans and chinese. (while tribal amazonians still got a lot of them.) If that is how we have to improve the world then god should sending us a mission of love and uncast stones would need some further explanation.
>>
>>92109613
'haha im just gonna reply ''CRINGE'' haha xD'

>>92109590
We are made in the image of God and the devil wanted to make a mockery of it, that's why original sin.
>>
>>92110019
cringe
>>
>>92110019
If god is almighty, why doesn't he simply eradicate the devil?
>>
File: joker.jpg (41 KB, 480x320)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
God's not real honey
>>
Yeah
>>
>>92110019
>the devil wanted to make a mockery of it
Could you expand on that?
Would your interpretation be that us being easily tempted into sin and our flesh being faulty be satans doing to spite god while only our mental/ego "stuff"or soul is made in gods image?
>>
>>92109766
>Well it often is very logical if you are ready to accept some basic premises out of blind faith.
How is it logical if you have to rely on baseless assumptions?
Also ofc I can't say there's nothing and no god, but to me it doesn't look like there is one either
And again, I don't believe religion is necessary for altruism, you can also turn your argument around and see what evils were done in the name of religion. It's just another way of separating us from them.
>>
>>92110124
No one really knows exactly, but my take on it is that when adam and eve were casted out God hated them for being tempted. Their descendants(us) stained forever, but the devil i think is God's way of punishing wicked souls so instead of doing it himself, the devil does it since the devil hates God he'd be happy to torture those who comes in his image. But my answer to this question is in no way close to truth it's just my take on it. It's a rather interesting question i might read stuff about it.

>>92110363
Lucifer was God's high ranking angel and i think his favorite(might look into it).
He got so full of himself and thinks he's better, so he got casted out along with those who followed him. And when we were made we were pure free of sin, but because we were pure and trusting we trusted the devil and eve ate the fruit of knowledge. But yeah eve was tempted and thus all went downhill from there.
He did it to spite him to mock his most precious creation which is us.
>>
File: mother-brain2.jpg (142 KB, 626x478)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>92110519
>Baseless
Maybe but its convenient. We cant life completely logical in anything like computers, If I would id be rich and famous by now.
Maybe you can circumvent all that annoying irrationality that we crave since birth by becoming pic related in the far future, but thats not for everyone.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/04/human-sacrifice-may-have-helped-societies-become-more-complex

>its just another way to seperate us from them
Brought us to places though. If life in an egalitarian hunter gathere society is preferrable in a stratified one that enjoys the fruits of common labour depending on your class, caste and input is your decision.
But while such a state/social construct always has the capability for cruelity and opression by design (see atheist totalitarian states) bringing in religion introduces an authority and hope for justice after death that might at times be coopted by the state, but might as well counter its excesses. This will be espeacially important in the future when we tap into AI, social engineering and genetic altering.
>>
>>92106285
no
the proposition that there is a "god" is an inherently ridiculous one that's only debated because of our forefathers
nothing wrong with believing in one, but to me it just seems absurd
>>
File: Elemental forces.jpg (112 KB, 960x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>92106285
If you call the elemental forces god, yes. They are everywhere and created everything.
>>
>>92110173
A FUCKING ENVELOPE
>>
>>92111134
How did they create everything? They are the supporters of reality now, but it's not like they were around before spacetime

Also, them "god" is like calling a rules "god". They hold things together, but aside from their own natural properties they don't have a will of their own as an abstract concept
>>
File: 1527151502579.png (226 KB, 589x444)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>92110363
Unfortunately i can't stay as it's almost midnight here, there's lots of articles with resources from good theology books. Don't bother reading non-Christian theology as it's mostly glorified yoga tier shit.
>>
>>92111008
Yea..
But you have to know what "us" means by now in this modern age. We now know that our behavior is partly dictated by biology. Tabula rasa/humans being blank slates on birth has been disproven so our flesh and the chemicals and genes that impact our thinking (including our drive to sin) cannot be gods image or it would be a multifaced and flawed one.
Some modern protestants say we had a perfect body in edens garden which degenerated since its seperation from god, but then you also have to swallow creationism which brings a lot of troubles with it to defend.
If you strip away all that makes "us" and is material (chems, hormones, genes) and hope that something still remains after done so (I hope too) you would have a soul/"us" that can be called an image of god.
What properties such an "us" would have that allow it to make a concious decision that is wrong and marks the beginning of us living in this world seems complex to think about : /
Is a bit of rambling at the moment. What im saying is that the traditional takes on those stories need to be re-told by people who are more knowledgable. The catholic church probably already funds such modern theology. Would need to read more myself about that idk.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>92106285
That's a complicated question. It depends on what you mean by "God".
>>
>>92111591
Yeah, there are some interesting groups around like the biologos foundation.

>glorified yoga-tier
All those western Sri-rama dingdongsn who spend some years in india can be ignored with good conscience. But I wouldnt be unwilling to looking at what people have to say who were born in eastern beliefs and choose to adress a nonchristian or english speaking audience.

Anyway, have a good night if you grew tired by now!
>>
>>92106285
Not really. If there is one he doesn't do fuck all as far as I can see.
>>
>>92106285
Yes, I do
>>
>>92106285
If there is a god, he would have contacted us to remove confusion from the world
>>
>>92112017
Based and redpilled
>>
Nope. The concept of god requires a fuckton of mental gymnastics. God is an irrelevant concept.
>>
>>92112053
That would be too easy. If he was always there for everyone to see without looking then of course most people would be pious. It would influnce their free will and be pretty much besides the point of the whole thing.
Either that or he's just a creator. There are plenty of other ways you could explain his apparent abscence if you move outside the scope of typical Abrahamic dogma
>>
if god is omnipotent, why did he let his own creation rebel against him?

why does god care about some planet in bumfuck nowhere?

I could have been born in some remote african land where theres "idol worship" etc.. am I doomed to hell because some aramaic jewish guy didnt show up and die for my sins near me? If i never heard of god, am I supposed to suffer for not knowing?

if there is a god. why does he need constant acknowledgement from people?

that said, some depictions of heaven seem pretty cool. but everything you could ever want might get boring after a while.
>>
>>92112192
If god is real and wants us to know he is here, he would have told us, otherwise how could we even know which one of all of these religions gods he is. he wouldn't punish us if he is just.
If he is real and don't want us to know, then why would we care.
>>
>>92112337
>he would have told us,
Well apparently he has multiple fuckin times m8, at least according to Abrahamic religions. Do you expect him to come in for a chat every five minutes? Like I said that would defeat the purpose.
>If he is real and don't want us to know, then why would we care.
IF that's the case (in which case abrahamic religion is wrong) then it's up to you to care or not, really.
Buddhists dont care for example but still have an interesting moral code, in fact they consider the question of Gods existence irrelevant.
>>
>>92112747
>Do you expect him to come in for a chat every five minutes?
I didn't say that, he should have came in the last two centuries when we got cameras and shit to prove he is really there to all of us and next generations.
what is his purpose ? to let people guess and then punish them for guessing wrong ?

And buddhists are wasting their time, i will be honest i don't know what they think other than that there is a moral code and a need to meditate, but for what reason ? if god dosen't care then fucking do whatever you want in life.
>>
>>92112337
blessed is he who does not see but still believes
>>
>>92113020
bhuddists believe that when you die you reincarnate as something else if you haven't done all the virtues or something like that. the less virtuous you are the lower down you are reincarnated. they dont kill animals because they believe they are also reincarnations of people trying to achieve nirvana, which is basically freedom from the samsara(rebirth, change etc.)
>>
>i believe everything came from an explosion nothing
>>
>>92113310
How would god be just if he punishes me for not believing because i couldn't see ?
>>
>>92107925
why waste your time with something no one proves? scientists are constantly discovering new things and not a single thought of god, or a higher power goes through their minds when they observe them
>>
>>92112337
>he would have told us
the bible? dumbass. but you're IQ is so low that anytime someone brings up the bible all you say i bet is "muh fairytales bout some loser who walks on water and guy in the sky huehue"
>>
>>92106285
i'm agnostic
>>
>>92113020
>I didn't say that, he should have came in the last two centuries when we got cameras and shit to prove he is really there to all of us and next generations.
Well perhaps that's the exact reason he didnt come. Maybe he doesnt want people to have direct and readily available proof of his existence. That would defeat the purpose of belief by eliminating the element of free choice from belief.
>And buddhists are wasting their time, i will be honest i don't know what they think other than that there is a moral code and a need to meditate, but for what reason ?
The primary goal of Buddhists is to decrease net suffering in this world and also escape the samsara (cycle of life and re-birth) by achieving spiritual enlightenment
>>
>>92113871
*primary goalS ... are
>>
>>92113871
Well maybe god should provide us with a clear sign, like a book with REAL miracles that could be observed in this modern world so we could know he is real and want us to worship him ??
otherwise he wouldn't seem just to me and to many other people.
>>
>>92106285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qw1JVftFUQ

God hates Navalny.
>>
i believe hapjohnson......
>>
>>92114023
did someone say... MIRACLES?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyVx28R9-s

my farts are miracles, you can hear them and feel them(sometimes), but they cant be seen. its just there in the air.
>>
>>92114023
>Well maybe god should provide us with a clear sign, like a book with REAL miracles that could be observed in this modern world so we could know he is real and want us to worship him ??
According to Abrahamic dogma belief is a virtue in and of itself. The actual leap of faith that's required to go from reason to belief is a leap predicated on free will and ambiguity. By being directly present and self-evident for us God would deprive us of a virtue and the free will associated with it.
At least that's the argument.
>>
nobody gives a shit abooot hapjohnson... sad...
>>
>>92106285
I ironically sacrifice goyim to yahweh.
>>
>>92114286
Well god is stupid if he expects a reasonable human, that uses logic, to just believe in him like that because of that sweet naive faith.
you can still not follow god and be free after he shows a clear sign, you just know the consequences and that is it.
>>
>>92114543
>Well god is stupid if he expects a reasonable human, that uses logic, to just believe in him
Well belief isnt about logic.
>you can still not follow god and be free after he shows a clear sign,
Yes you can but then it's not much of a leap of faith if he has shown himself is it? And the potential virtue has been removed.
Maybe the signs are all around you but not as direct as you wish them to be.
>>
>>92114900
>Maybe the signs are all around you but not as direct as you wish them to be.
Okay, just tell me those signs
>>
>>92114989
>Okay, just tell me those signs
Donno man. It could be the clear night sky on a summer night or something very very personal. Take your pick.
>>
>>92106285
That's a complicated question. It depends on what you mean by "God". You see, I...
It helps no one to be reductive. I believe that that we are here implies to some degree that there are forces larger than us. Now, we can get into the semanticalities...
[smokes a pipe]
The very notion of belief itself can be rhetorically whittled to the bare nub of its meaning.
[attempts to hand you a pamphlet]
I'd like to talk to you a lot more about this. Would you be interested in reading some of my literature?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA
>>
>>92115141
What was your sign ?
what if someone get a sign in his life time ?
>>
>>92115335
>What was your sign ?
Not sure if I've had one. I think nature is awe-inspiring and there are fundamental things about thought and reality that we cant explain and some that we will likely never ever be able to explain. That alone doesn't prove anything of course but it's one of those things that really makes you think™. I myself am somewhat agnostic I guess but I've been gearing towards belief rather than non-belief for a while now. I also believe that religion is important for society.
But honestly I could rationally argue for either side for years and there would never be any conclusion. Much smarter people than I have been at it for centuries and havent come to a conclusion either, and they never shall because at the end of the day it's not rational thought, like I said.
>>
>>92115821
*not about rational thought
>>
Not to say that faith doesnt or cant have logical reasons behind it.
>>
My question is this - if there wasn’t a god, then why did I feel in my heart a heaviness when I tried to ignore religion, and have now internalised his commands so much that I outright fear disobeying him? My family was only ever culturally religious, so it’s not like I was forced to or anything. It was like a feeling from within, and I’m now completely engrossed by it. Why the fuck else would I bar myself from the pleasures of smashing babes and alcohol like all my other m8s? It’s nit like I don’t want to, but something is compelling me not to.
>>
>>92111008
But God created the heavens and the earth, he created everything, so he also created the temptation in Adam and Eve and he also created Lucifer, the devil itself. Why would he do that as a loving god?
>>
File: 1507105807300.png (9 KB, 300x300)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>92106285
>2018
>believe in god
>>
>>92115821
Well everyone can think for himself and each one of us has his own way of thinking of things.
>Not sure if I've had one. I think nature is awe-inspiring
just centruies ago, people thought that they can't explain many things that happen in nature, now we know much more and humanity will know even much more hopefully to the point we remove the ambiguity from most things.

>there are fundamental things about thought and reality that we cant explain and some that we will likely never ever be able to explain.
i agree on this one, there are somethings that can't be explained but as i said the future hold many things.

I think like this, god is real and wants us to know he is here ? show us clear signs that everyone can see throught time so he would be just, a virtue i think it's fundamental, and a virtue that all religions tell of.
he is there but dosen't care about us ? then live your life
he isn't there ? then live your life
i may not have thoughts like philosophers but i believe in logic
>>
>>92116351
this, but unironically
>>
>>92115821
The feeling of sublime, I guess?
>>
>>92116381
>just centruies ago, people thought that they can't explain many things that happen in nature
Yes that's true. Im well aware of the 'God of the gaps' line of thought.
>now we know much more and humanity will know even much more hopefully
I think some things like the fundamental physical nature of our reality might never be explained. And even if most things are explained it doesnt discount the idea of a prime mover, the one that started it all (or didnt).
>show us clear signs that everyone can see throught time so he would be just, a virtue i think it's fundamental, and a virtue that all religions tell of.
Like I said that's a debatable point of view. It would interfere with our ability to choose to believe
>>
>>92116794
Yeah something like that
>>
I don't. Simply because the story smells way too much of human exceptionalism and attribution of human characteristics to the universe.
>>
>>92116381
>but i believe in logic
Nothing wrong with that tbqh, in fact it's an admirable quality. But one might say that logic can sometimes only take you so far..
>>
>>92116821
>I think some things like the fundamental physical nature of our reality might never be explained.
I agree fully on that
>Like I said that's a debatable point of view. It would interfere with our ability to choose to believe
then god isn't as just as religions tell us he is for preferring and intervening in some people lifes to lead them to believe while giving the finger for the rest of us. but anyway we are just repeating the same ideas about this.
>>
>>92106285
which?
>>
>>92117230
>intervening in some people lifes to lead them to believe while giving the finger for the rest of us.
There's one thing I didnt mention. It's that there's a massive difference between him presenting himself directly (or via angelic host) to an individual or a select group of people vs him giving explicit irrefutable proof of his existence to every single person that exists and will ever exist.
>>
File: 1529387073563.jpg (76 KB, 594x395)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>
>>92111335
A FUCKING COPYRIGHT SIGN
>>
File: Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg (2.54 MB, 2562x3451)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
>>92106285
Yes, but it doesn't intervene
>>
>>92117379
God is just like religions say he is, then god must provide everyone a sign that is understandable in his life time. a sign that could be understood at least by some people so that they would convey his proof existence to the rest of the people.
This is untrue in our time, then my logic tells me god is not real.
for something to be true every thing said about it needs to be true, but one proof of it not being true is sufficient to say it is not. one thing wrong in the bible, quran or any book is enough to say they are not from god, since the books themselves say they are from god and that god dosen't confuse people.
>>
>>92117441
A BUNCH OF FUCKING RED STRIPES AND STARS.
also look more closely to the flag.
>>
>>92108558
And it also seems logical to you to ask strangers on a Taiwanese finger painting board about these questions instead of just reading some of the massive amount of literature and apologetic on the topic of evil produced by academic Christians? That is if you actually want an answer.
>>
No but I wish I could
>>
>>92117999
What does this have to do with the fact that we're on 4chan? There are some good discussions on here from time to time....
And I don't need some deep literature on this, the stone paradoxon proves to me that an almighty god cannot exist, and the fact that there's evil in this world proves to me there is no good god or if there is he has no power.
>>
>>92106285
no
>>
No, neither does any of my friends. We're the most Atheist country in the Western Hemisphere.

Feels good tb.h
>>
>>92119142
the stone paradox is meaningless though, it's like asking if God can create dry water
>>
File: 1531366019612.jpg (1.95 MB, 2560x1583)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
Yes
https://streamable.com/o28y1
https://streamable.com/3j3hc
>>
File: 583678635866583268.jpg (116 KB, 710x473)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>92106285
I personally met god and he made me his flagbearer into this heretic world
>>
I believe in Zeus
>>
Jesus Christ is the God in flesh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
>>92106285
Yes, somebody's out to get me.
>>
>>92106285
yes
>>
>>92112337
It's all a learning experience mate, if all the answers were given to us we wouldn't learn anything.
>>
>>92119682
>>92119471
go back to pol fag
>>
File: 1530229007237.jpg (1.73 MB, 2560x1582)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>92120173
I'm not from this cesspool
https://streamable.com/w95yp
>>
>>92120220
thats why you need to leave
>>
God doesn't believe in me so why should I believe in him
>>
File: 1531340266135.png (264 KB, 1593x622)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>92120288
But I like it here
>>
>>92120367
https://streamable.com/gt93e
>>
No. God is for idiots.
>>
File: christ-chan.png (114 KB, 533x541)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
yes, i am catholic
>>
File: 1531256535409.gif (86 KB, 500x382)
86 KB
86 KB GIF
>>92120440
Then stop being catholic
>>
>>92119420
How so? Water cannot be dry by definition, but there's no reason why a stone that nobody is strong enough to lift shouldn't exist, is there?
>>
>>92106285
Of course
>>
>>92106285
What age are you living in? Snap out of it already. Why are you suffering so much if there was a god? Muslims are just using God to justify their destructive and atrocious brutality.
>>
>>92107925
knock your head to the walls until you start believing it
>>
>>92106285
No. I don't believe in fairy tales.
>>
>>92120376
kys weebshit
>>
>>92106285
Yes, i do!

Thank God for everything! Christian societies have shown us that they are the best we live in and left an inheritance that is being spat upon and trodden. Motherfuckers!
>>
File: 1531265849234.jpg (400 KB, 827x1075)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>92121484
That's not very christian
https://streamable.com/f294d
>>
From the bottom of my heart.
>>
>>92121608
why do you spam this shit? no one will ever bother to look at it
>>
File: 1531272714230.jpg (456 KB, 1280x1429)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>92121951
>Everyone is me
>>
Complicated topic to discuss, it strictly depends on the meaning of the word "God".
I don't believe in a personal God, if this is the question. Anyway, I strongly respect orthodox people living their religion in a pure ascetic way. Their inner strength will always deserves all my respect.
>>
Yes, I believe in them
>>
>>92116306
You're ready for Gnosticism

To say that this all knower cannot sin is false. He created the sin of pride; why do you think he created such for his glory? So when one of his creations has pride of his father enough to revolt and spawn all these other sins, it simply doesn't make sense to say he is nowhere to fault.

Reference Isaiah 45 v7

Also, if you do even more research, you'll find this Abrahamic deity is of the Canaanite Elohim and he himself has a creator and father.
>>
>>92117811
a fucking @
>>
File: GlaDv3N.jpg (104 KB, 500x637)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>92106285
Nah, Buddhism is enough for me.
>>
>>92107260
>es, because I'm not a low iq faggot who believes everything just 'happened'.
who made god?
>>
>>92124504
Are you gnostic?
>>
>>92127510
God always existed
>>
>>92106285
Yes, but not in the bearded man sitting on some clouds.
>>
>>92106285
of course
>>
No
>>
Yes, I used to be agnostic.
>>
>>92106285
If it's a sin to deny the existence of god, does that mean I can still get into heaven because I don't deny his existence?
>>
>>92132013
I forgot to say I was agnostic
>>
File: cjjsb7domm1z.jpg (31 KB, 536x350)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>92106285
Yes, a wicked god of chaos that thrives in malevolence and the combined suffering of every living being.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.