[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
you meant "from" or what
>>
>>96034292
кopoчe, oтхoдят oни oт нaших гoc.пoпoв
>>
>>96034406
O нeт, кaк тeпepь жить-тo
>>
>>96034217
so are they still orthodox or Have they become a different church?
>>
t. Ukrainian Church
>>
>>96034447
I don't care, бpo. этo мocкoвcкий пaтpиapхaт ceйчac нaчинaeт иcтepикy зaкaтывaть.
>>
>>96034507
They stay who they were, but becomes independent.
>>
>>96034217
>ukrainian
>posts a photo saying in Greek "Orthodoxy or death"
>>
>>96034507
They have autonomous churches under a patriarch. The Ukrainian one now has become recognized as one officially but the Russian church has separated with constantinople out of anger.
>>
>>96035562
Are you retarded? Do you find it peculiar that Catholic churches use Latin too?
>>
That's even better, because Moscow jewish patriarch is a warlock.
>>
>>96035929
he could have posted the same photo in Russian/Ukrainian, I doubt that anyone else here except the Greeks know what the photo means, Greek isn't a popular language unlike Russian for example.
>>
>>96038327
popular language to learn*
>>
File: chrismon.png (5 KB, 167x220)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>96038327
>except the Greeks know what the photo means
The real Orthodox Christians all over the world know that.
>>
>>96034507
Unlike Catholicism that has Pope as unified Head, Orthodox Church is divided into several Autocephalous entities. Ukrainian Church became Autocephalous from Patriarchate in Moscow.
>>
>>96038327
>>96038401
I know how to read that and what that means and I dont know Greek.
>>
>>96034217
And becomes dependent on CIA. Good job.
>>
>>96034507
They've gained "autokefalia", it's not like the Moscow Patriarch was the most important Patriarch in Ukraine, Ukrainian church was just a part
of the Moscow Patriarchate and now it's no longer a part of it, simple as that.

>>96035562
Russian and Ukrainian (languages) have a lot of (ancient & Koine) Greek loanwords and most people that are at least somewhat religious know what
"Orthodhoxia" and "Thanatos" mean
>>
File: γδασζφασ.png (173 KB, 399x229)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>
The very implications of this events are huge.
With many millions of Orthodox people living in Ukraine, as well as having some great religious sites and Kiev as one of the historical centers Orthodoxy, Russian Church will not just lose politically and financially. It will drop in numbers and may lose the exclusive place it has as a Third Rome.
I think that the rivalry will be bitter, but I have no idea who will support whom here.
>>96035562
It is a reference to a popular anarchist figure, Makhno, who had his anarchist state in the Ukrainian Steppe during civil war in Russian Empire.
No idea why he choose that though, probably because it is associated with a will to get independent.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.