[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture


Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • [sjis] tags are available. Install the Mona font to view SJIS art properly.
  • There are 104 posters in this thread.

10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
05/08/16Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
[Hide] [Show All]



Visual Novel translation status


>Aiyoku No Eustia - 5.21% Translated, 2.34% edited
Amagami - 1st day patch Released for PS2/PSP, "2088/2308 original edition scenario scripts translated (90.5%)."
AstralAir - 100% translated, release a long ways off
>Ayakashi Gohan - ~94% Complete
Clover Day's - Common + 4 routes done, last route 348/711 KB translated
Daitoshokan - 100% translated and edited, images, engine work and QC remain
Gakuen Heaven 2 - Demo released
>Hatsukoi 1/1 - Midori route patch released, Runa 96.25% translated, overall 51.53% translated
Heart no Kuni no Alice - 78% translated, 2nd partial patch released
Hemoimo - Trial text translated
Junketsu Megami-Sama - partial patch released
Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to - 7303/26935 lines translated
Lovely Cation- 43.7% of lines completed
Lover Able - 56.08% translated
Maji Koi A-3 - Starting up
Majo Koi Nikki - 73% (29479/40208) lines translated, prologue patch released
>Maki Fes - 85% (2397/2836) lines translated
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 3 semi-active projects, one project released ch 1-7
Monster girl quest paradox - Another new patch released, released, although some scripts still untranslated
Oreimo Tsuzuku - All scripts through TLC+Editing, 193/268 scripts finalized
>Re:Birthday Song - Released
>Sansha Mendan - 17,311/35,409 lines translated, 16,574/35,409 lines edited
Sayonara wo Oshiete - 103564/257431 (40.2%) characters translated
Shin Koihime Musou - Partial patch with first chapter of Shoku's route
Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi - 12,891 / 30,513 Lines (42.3%) translated, 1 route translated, partial patch released
Tsui Yuri - 100% translated and edited, 73% QC
Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete - 34% (11889/35476) lines translated
>Venus Blood Chimera - Prologue + a few scenes translated
>Witch's Garden - 21% (11335/53677) lines translated
Yosuga no Sora - Translation status is Common route 100%, Sora route 100%, Nao 100%, Kazuha 100%, Akira 89.73%, Motoka 32.17%, Common and Kazuha fully edited



Official work

MangaGamer
Kuroinu - Chapter 1 3/31 Release, Chapter 2 62% translated, 18% edited
Higurashi Hou - Released ch 4
Umineko - Released chapters 1-4
Bokuten - Port in progress
Dal Segno - 100% translated and edited, about to enter Beta
SukiSuki - About to enter Beta
Princess Evangile W Happiness - 100% translated and edited
Imouto Paradise 2 - 100% translated, 59% edited
Fata morgana fan disc - 47% translated, 17% edited
Sorcery Jokers - 81% translated, 65% edited
Maggot Baits - 22% translated
Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku - 69% translated and 69% edited
Hadaka Shitsuji - 42% translated, 21% edited
Hadaka Shitsuji fandisc - Picked up
Hapymaher - 69% translated, 54% edited
Shiei no Sona-Nyl - Picked up
Trinoline - Announced
>Secret Project 1 - 74% translated, 72% edited
>Secret Project 2 - 46% translated, 17% edited
>Secret Project 3 - 27% translated, 26% edited
>Secret Project 4 - 72% translated, 43% edited
>Secret Project 5 - 100% translated, 100% edited
Secret Project 6 - 100% translated, 100% edited
3 Anime Boston announcements planned



JAST'
Sumeragi Ryoko - Golden Master
Flowers - Vol 1 released, Vol 2 onwards still to come
Katahane - "Translating new scenario, editing original scenario"
Eiyuu*Senki - Picked up
Princess X - 100% translated, in editing and coding
Princess X fandisc - Picked up
Trample on Schatten- Translation 100%, in editing
Django - Waiting on translation.
Sweet Home - 100% translated, debugging script
Sumaga- Fully translated, 70% edited
>>
Sekai/Denpa
Nekopara Vol 3 - April 28th release
>Grisaia no Rakuen - Steam version 100% translated and in editing, release planned for March although possible it falls back because of technical issues, uncut release early Summer
Ley-Line: The Borderline of Dusk - Engine/QA work ongoing, Kickstarter ongoing, Spring release
Ley-Line: Daybreak of Remnants Shadow - 60% translated, Kickstarter ongoing, Summer release
Ley-Line: Flowers Falling in the Morning Mist - Picked up, Kickstarter ongoing, Winter 2018 release
Memory's Dogma - Code:01 Released, 02 onwards upcoming
2236 A.D. - 100% translated, Engine/QA work ongoing
Maitetsu - 100% translated
Nenokami - Part 2 2017 release
Kokonoe Kokoro - 100% translated, engine work
Creature to Koi Shiyo - 100% translated, engine work
>Narcissu - All parts released
Tenshin Ranman - 99.25% translated
Darekoi - 100% translated Engine/QA work ongoing
Wagamama High Spec - 100% translated, early 2017 release. Editing/Engine work ongoing
>Koikuma - 39.3% translated, 2017 release
Hoshizora no Memoria - 100% translated
Fault Milestone 2 - Side Above released, GE still to come
SakuSaku - Engine/QA work ongoing, Spring 2017 release
Baldr Sky - Picked up both 1 and 2
>Fatal Twelve - Kickstarter started
Project Lux - Picked up
Her and Her and My 7 Days - 32% translated
Girls in Glasses - Picked up
The Bell Chimes For Gold - Picked up
KaraKara 2 - Announced
Unannounced Project 1 - 100% translated
Unannounced Project 2 - 100% translated
Unannounced Project 4 - 63% translated
Unannounced Project 5 - 100% translated, editing/engine work ongoing
Unannounced Project 6 - 100% translated
>3 AOD announcements planned


Frontwing
Grisaia: Phantom Trigger - Grisaia: Phantom Trigger - April 28th release for Volumes 1 and 2, Kickstarter Started
Sharin no Kuni - 2nd Kickstarter finished, goal reached, August 2017 release
Island - Roughly 50% translated, 2017 release
Subahibi - 2017 release


Visual Arts
Little Busters - Being worked on by Prototype, "we hope we can deliver more info this spring."
Rewrite+ - Picked up
Angel Beats - 50% translated


Degica
Muv Luv Alternative - Winter release
Muv-Luv Photonflowers - Translation started
Muv-Luv Photonmelodies - To follow Photonflowers
Schwarzesmarken - Through Greenlight
Kiminozo - Picked up


Aksys
Period Cube - 4/25 release
Collar x Malice - 2017 release
Bad Apple Wars - 2017 release
Code: Realize fandisc - Picked up


Fruitbat
>Hakoniwa no Gakuen - April 3rd release
Seven Days - Late 2017 release
SeaBed - Late 2017 release


Other
Taisho Alice - March 2017 release
Neko-nin exHeart - April release planned
>Kyuuketsu Hime no Libra - May 16th release
Dies irae - Steam version TL finished, uncut patch TL ongoing, May 2017 release planned
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - 5/23 release
Tayutama 2 - Summer release
Danganronpa V3 - 9/26 release
Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro - 11/30 release
Love Sweets - Picked up
Noratoto - Picked up
Hyakka Hyakurou - Picked up
428: Shibuya Scramble - 2018 release
Harumade, Kururu - Seems to have an English release planned
Himawari to Koi no Kioku - On Steam Greenlight
Lucky Dog - Possible iOS released based on the ongoing text only fanTL
---
>Stuff like this has been either added or updated since the last thread
>>
>>16734312
>Aiyoku No Eustia

Fuwanovel saves the day
>>
Wasn't there a small team translating Walkure Romanze a few years ago? Is it dead?
>>
File: corporatestalking.png (331 KB, 1880x1840)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
Top 5 Ranking: http://pastebin.com/7jRGNdch
Popularity Sort: http://pastebin.com/Km9jTpGE
Full Data Point List: http://pastebin.com/KaWd0diA

As always, this tracker is powered by anonymous like you, so post order numbers if you've got em'.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (428 KB, 493x844)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
Don't look at these surprise boxes if you don't want some of mangagamer's upcoming convention announcements spoiled

Kyonyuu Fantasy Hardcopy and Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden confirmed
>>
>>16735278
> mmmuh NDAs, mmmuh announcement agreements
Based Japs BTFOing lying localization PR staff.
>>
>>16735278
That's not surprising at all. At least that's two out of the way. The mystery is now on the new partner. Possibly loli nukige?

>>16735295
To be fair, an NDA would stop the localization staff, nothing about it would bind the original staff from blabbing about it if they wanted to.
>>
>>16734604
>Well, what can I say? The reason why I'm taking up this project is because it's a visual novel that I think deserves to be fully translated (and also because it's highly rated). That being said, although this is my first VN translation project, it isn't my first translation project (I've translated other games in full too).

>I have actually started this project in early March, but I didn't want to officially announce it until I had substantial progress made.

>This project is currently being handled by two people; me, the translator and TLC, and another person as the editor. In the future, we plan to hire QCers for this project.

>I'm using Yandere Translation's patch as a base for this translation project. As such, non-story content (namely UI) will be left untouched. However, the whole story will be translated from scratch.

>We at Eustia Translations will ensure that this translation will follow the same nuance as depicted in the story, and we will do our best to ensure this translation is of the best quality it can be.
>>
>>16735373
>but I didn't want to officially announce it until I had substantial progress made.
5%?
>>
>>16735373
So, another machine translation? Joy.
>>
>>16735373
as for his tl history

>Posted February 9
>I'm eplipswich, and I've translated Japanese stuff to English (namely two Japanese RPG Maker games Seraphic Blue and Nocturne: Rebirth). I'm still relatively new to visual novels though, and I might actually take up translating visual novels one day when I'm actually ready for it (from my experience with translation, I know just how daunting it can get). I first got interested in visual novels upon watching Let's Plays on YouTube, and I hope to read more great visual novels as I go along (a lot of catching up to do though ~ ~).
>>
That Venus Blood guy is a true patriot.
Finally someone to translate the VNs that actually matter.
>>
>>16734312
>Aiyoku No Eustia - 5.21% Translated, 2.34% edited
>Another fuwashit that would be dropped after 10%
>>
>>16735383
>>16735384
Seems to have a grasp of Japanese, if anything his lack of flair with English will let him down. Looking at the video in his post and playing through Nocturne, his translations read somewhat plainly.
I know it's important to avoid purple prose but being too simple is a thing too.

At the very least it seems to be more than the standard Fuwashit, probably because the guy isn't a regular there. The fact he's done two long RPGs means he might finish, at least.
>>
>>16735423
His editor can fix it I guess.
>>
>>16735295
>lying localization PR staff
Ellaborate. It's not the first time the Japanese side leaks something out about a western release.

Anyway, you're most likely the autist that is actively shit talking MG these last threads for no reason.
>>
Damn, why do EOPs already try to steal games? Luckily I read Eustia years ago, but I'd still like if it stayed Japanese only.
>>
>>16735479
Requsting Mememasa shrine picture
>>
File: jopshrine.jpg (127 KB, 800x600)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>16735499
I swear Imma kidnap Makoto if Jast announce that they continue working on Muramasa.
>>
File: card.png (178 KB, 1000x1000)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Well, it's a bit awkward since mangagamer's announcements are spoiled and the cons are spaced apart, but should anyone still wish to place their bets, sekai's panel is today and mangagamer's is sometime at the end of next week
>>
File: cardfilled.png (186 KB, 1000x1000)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>16735582

And my card
>>
File: stop.png (5 KB, 182x239)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>16734312
>Aiyoku No Eustia - 5.21% Translated, 2.34% edited

Why are you such a faggot OP? You think it's funny to promote machinetl?
>>
>>16735278
Rance announcement when
>>
>>16735604
They normally save things like that for one of the larger conventions.
>>
Hey, been out of the loop since 2014.
Has there been any notable translations since then?
>>
>>16735665
Nope.
>>
>>16735597
Check his previous translations: Seraphic Blue or Nocturne: Rebirth
oh wait, that will actually require some effort instead of just writing "machinetl" to everyting
>>
>>16735597
>>16735677
This arguing is pointless, let's wait until (if) he releases some partial patch. People will destroy him them.
>>
File: cc.jpg (643 KB, 1366x768)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>16735697
Looking at these two rpg games it would be already better than a "professional" translation like CC
>>
File: aiyoku2.jpg (268 KB, 939x563)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>16735697
He already did release something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Vy7GXgdJA
I don't think it's machine TL cause you can see where he went creative with it. like naming The Prison (牢獄) "Purgatory" for some reason.
Overall: stiff, amateur writing, but honestly, not too much worse than Yandere's patch, which people seemed to have liked. At the very least, the accuracy seems to be at a tolerable level, but it's very questionable. For example, he translates 律儀 as "naive" which goes against the intended meaning of "honest/with integrity". This is tolerable, because it gets the idea across, but not so good, because it goes from backhanded praise to a direct insult. There's a lot of little stuff like that, borderline creative liberty borderline bad TL. And then you have some lines with plain bad English like pic related, which could just be a typo or error, but there's enough of them to be genuinely worried. In any case, the lose of nuance in translation isn't as important as the English being good, because people won't notice the missed nuance, but they will notice the bad English.

tl;dr Tolerable quality level (above MTL) although suboptimal in several ways, mostly amateurish writing.
>>
>>16735738
Hmm, I clicked around and yeah, especially the narration is dry as fuck.
>>
>>16735738
>like naming The Prison (牢獄) "Purgatory" for some reason.
Why do people use anything other than "Gaol"?
>>
>>16735761
Well I wouldn't use Gaol cause it's not a natural word for me in my vocabulary, and it draws more attention to itself than to the meaning I think, but it's kind of an insignificant difference either way.
>>
>>16735761
I know you are being ironic, but gaol can easily be misread as goal.
>>
>>16735770
The word for prison in Japanese is 刑務所. 牢獄 is itself an unusual term, which makes an equally unusual term like gaol the more appropriate translation.
>>16735779
So?
>>
>>16735783
>an equally unusual term like
Hi, CC translator.
>>
>>16735787
People like you remind me of how shit /jp/ has gotten in recent years. You're probably Chinese.
>>
>>16735783
Well, you have a point there. I read 牢獄 in Eustia so many times I lost context on what it was like in Japanese.
>>
>>16735582
>sekai's panel is today and mangagamer's is sometime at the end of next week

To farther expand on this
Sekai's AOD panel is at 2pm Pacific (the local convention time) today. Calme has perviously confirmed that there will be info about KaraKara 2, which may or may not be counted as one of the three announcements since it is kind of in a semi-announced state at the moment.

MangaGamer's first panel of the year will be in 2 weeks at Anime Boston, although the panel time or day has yet to be announced.

Two weeks after that, both MG and Sekai will be at Sakuracon from April 14th through 16th.
>>
>>16735783
>The word for prison in Japanese is 刑務所. 牢獄 is itself an unusual term
You shouldn't speak about Japanese when your exposure to Japanese media in its original form is nearly-zero.

牢獄 is much, much more popular than 刑務所, 刑務所 is used only in official papers and very formal, official speeches, newspapers and so on. And certainly it wouldn't be used in fantasy setting.
>>
>>16735783
>牢獄 is itself an unusual term

It's not really that unusual, it's just the term for a more old-style chains and bars kind of prison as opposed to modern prisons. For example, you'll see in persona 5 for the new velvet room.

Whereas in english I doubt anyone's ever heard of a gaol.
>>
>>16735819
>it's just the term for a more old-style chains and bars kind of prison as opposed to modern prisons.
So, a gaol?
>Whereas in english I doubt anyone's ever heard of a gaol.
In America this may be the case.
>>
File: 15924221482.jpg (106 KB, 554x439)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
We all agree that Purgatory is stupid though, right?
>>
>>16735868
Yes, it doesn't carry the same intended meaning either literally or metaphorically.
>>
>>16735853
>In America this may be the case.

Given that's the majority of native english speakers, that's kind of a point that matters.
>>
>>16735888
>Given that's the majority of native english speakers
American English is also a bastardisation of actual English, which matters even more when it comes to literature.
>>
>>16735896

Don't worry anonymous, your opinions on english are just as irrelevant as non-american countries that speak english.
>>
File: text hook.png (825 KB, 1232x692)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
Don't suppose anyone on /jp/ knows how to texthook with PPSSPP?
>>
>>16735983
That's a topic for DJT
Why do you think texthooking untranslated games would be on-topic for a translation thread?
>>
>>16735373
>However, the whole story will be translated from scratch.

WHY!!!!!

TakaJun's translation is top notch. just, why?
>>
>>16735993
>Why do you think texthooking untranslated games would be on-topic for a translation thread?
Where do you think half these translations come from?
>>
>>16735423
If what he does is at least half-way decent, I'm sure it'll be bought from him.
>>
>>16736000
Doesn't matter, that's too tenuous. Still off topic.
>>
>>16736004
>I'm sure it'll be bought from him.
Whether a game gets localized or not is not whatsoever in the hands of a translator. At most, they can ask their bosses politely and hope that management thinks its a good acquisition (like with Himawari), but that's it. Translators don't have the power to sway localizations. Remember, translation companies have *employees* they can tell to translate anything the company wants them too. These games aren't not being brought over because there's no one to translate them. It's not like Eustia is untranslated because no fan translator is bold enough to work on it. It's not translated because August doesn't want it to be.

Basically. This guy isn't going to guarantee an official release, or guarantee his stuff to be bought, just by doing it. The most likely official involvement he'll bring is getting a C&D.

(all that said, there is a chance his TL brings enough attention to eustia for August to change their minds, and then they subsequently buy it. I'm not saying that won't happen, I'm not saying expecting it to is unrealistic).
>>
>>16735278
Well, if those weren't their Anime Boston announcements, they most likely are now. Otherwise they might've saved them for Sakuracon or more likely Anime Central.
>>
>>16735896
Hi buster. Are you having a bubble mate?
>>
Dies irae,Subahibi,White album 2, Eustia and baldr sky and possible muramasa are coming at the end of 2017!

Is there any reason to learn japanse anymore?
>>
>>16736029
>Translators don't have the power to sway localizations.
We literally get Babel and Pigmalion instead of actually good Propellers game because of Conju and BDH shit taste.
>>
>>16735584
Kyonyuu Fantasy might not necessarily be for Boston. It could have originally been for Sakura or Central.

Not that there's any real point in hiding it now.
>>
>>16736035
>baldr sky and possible muramasa
Anon, I...
>>
>>16736039
>At most, they can ask their bosses politely and hope that management thinks its a good acquisition (like with Himawari), but that's it.
Read post, think about post.
>>
>>16736035
Please keep low energy shitposts like this in /vn/. In /jp/ we only accept shitposting that has had real effort put into it.
>>
>>16735868

I've never actually played eustia but reading the story summary from wikipedia it doesn't really seem like a super horrible change. A bit of creative liberty was taken for(I guess he thought "prison" wouldn't be punchy enough?) as >>16735738 said but given that the story summary talks about this god and the saintess that begged his forgiveness and how it's a part of the city sunken and left for dead it seems like he put some thought into picking the term.

I've seen worse, basically.
>>
>>16735278
>>16735582
I stand by my previous post:
>>16701050
>>
>>16736062
It's called the Prison because they're stuck in there even if they want to leave, like a prison.
Purgatory is an intermediate state after physical death in which some of those ultimately destined for heaven must undergo purification or some such.
In other words: Prison makes sense metaphorically and literally. Purgatory doesn't. Make if he had gone with "Hell" or something, to basically call it "bad", maybe it would be fine on that level, but Purgatory is explicitly a transitory state that's neither heaven nor hell.
>>
>>16736030
Well, Kyonyuu Fantasy was announced at Anime Central, so another one then would make sense. Then again, they are roughly around the same time and scale of the con, so it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>16736041

Haro talked about "sequels, nukige, and hardcopies" last week, and while technically she could have been lying and none of that could have applied, it seems kind of more like her to have been referring to them as they'd have uniquely satisfied all of those categories(which would mean she'd be able to supply a somewhat trollish answer no matter what was picked).

Also there's not too many other good hardcopy candidates left, so I'm pretty sure the hardcopy is anime boston atleast.
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43 KB, 600x363)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>16736039

>good Propellers game
>>
>>16736092
Kitto and Bullet Butlers are good.
>>
>>16736078

It'd be pretty funny if you were right on the money. Would explain why haro never did get around to answering.
>>
>>Hakoniwa no Gakuen - April 3rd release

>looks at vndb
>nice art cover
>low score

why did they picked this up again? surely this can't be worse than CC right?
>>
>>16736137
Wasn't Sisters a VN that a Japanese artist who works with MG said they wanted to see translated? That could make it a more likely pickup if they had a connection to the devs.
>>
>>16735983
Why not learn Japanese?
>>
https://vndb.org/v17284

Cant wait till MG announce it
>>
>>16736160

Mangagamer'll only be dipping their toes into lolige if they're actually going to release one, they're not gonna go that hard out of the gate.
>>
>>16736169
>lolige

What is imopara and who is Hiyori?
>>
>>16736140
It's terrible. I only read it up to Rio's end, but the pacing is all over the place and nothing makes sense. I've read about 200 vns and I'd place it in my bottom 3. Don't bother with it.
>>
>>16735479
>this is how JOPs actually think
>>
>>16735738
Still better than Chrono Cock.
>>
>>16736186

well I'll take your and vndb's word for it. that art sure is wasted.
>>
>>16735582
Be it now or a later convention, but Wagamama High Spec OC seems likely, as Sekai Project has had a tendency to pick up sequels early on. It wouldn't be at all surprising for the inevitable Kickstarter of Wagamama High Spec to include the sequel after they picked up the sequels for LeyLine ahead of time.

If they were to announce it at AOD, that and Karakara 2 could make up their two non-new partner announcements.
>>
>>16735761
The only people who even know gaol is a word are FFXIV players.
>>
>>16736473
Or people who actually read books.
>>
>>16736490
That's because gaol is outdated language.

>Google Ngram Viewer (for the "British English" corpus) shows that gaol was more popular than jail until the mid-19th century, that the two words were used with broadly similar frequency from then until the mid-20th century, and that now jail is the most common spelling.

>However, if you look at the actual citations you'll see that recent uses of gaol are largely in historical contexts (for example, historical studies of gaol records, or reprints of works like The Ballad of Reading Gaol) so that Ngram Viewer underestimates the modern dominance of jail.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/100681/which-word-is-used-more-in-the-uk-gaol-or-jail
>>
>>16736490

Maybe if they've got a taste for books from the 1840s
>>
'gaol' is literally just an old timey spelling of 'jail'. you might as well be saying 'god be with ye' while you pick 'days-eyes' at the 'fayre' every 'fourteen-night'.
>>
File: AB2017 Card.jpg (368 KB, 1000x1000)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>16735582
I'm kinda optimistic about this year.
>>
>>16736718
Overly optimistic considering this is just Anime Boston.

Alicesoft partnership may be racking in the big bucks for MG, but I doubt they will break tradition of announcing minor stuff at smaller cons.
>>
>>16736718
> Hibiki Works
its one of Akabee's sub-brands, they aren't going to jump from FW to MG.
>>
Muramasa soon?
>>
>>16736718
Tsumashibori is old enough that it isn't very likely. If they did announce it, it wouldn't be for Anime Expo because it is so old, so you might be on the right track.

As far as Alicesoft's milf titles go, Oyako Rankan and Tsumamigui 3 are much more likely. Though I think the most likely nukige title is Escalayer.
>>
>>16736789
Even if Jast does have it, they wouldn't announce it until AX this Summer.
>>
Albatross is untranslatable.
>>
>>16736982
In the sense that no one will waste there time on it. Yes.
>>
>>16736035
>White Album 2
>Muramasa
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Baldr Sky
>at the end of 2017
More like 2020 with a shit translation and all-ages crap
>>
>>16736145
Yeah. It was Hamashima Shigeo tweeting about her games being popular in the West and another artist, the one who worked on Sisters, said he was envious.
>>
>>16736991
>there
>>
>>16737027
Pls no bully.
>>
>>16736035
White Album 2 has nothing confirmed. Eustia is not up to par from what I am reading, and Muramasa probably will not be out for the next 3 years. Sweet Pol and Necro are the only two games I can see JAST announcing.

Besides there are more reasons to learn a language than just for a visual novel.
>>
>>16736081
Purgatory is a bad term anyways to use as a name of a place. It would be good if it described it like a purgatory but not a purgatory.
>>
>>16735983
You can try OCR, or go through the memory hacking process similar to how people write hook codes.

also why not play the evolution version?
>>
>>16736729
I do think one of the big announcements could be a physical for Rance. But they also did hint at something for Higurashi a little bit as well. Then again probably not anouncements for games.
>>
is 新約 永遠のアセリア a sequel or a remake?
>>
The LeyLine Kickstarter finished with 1498 backers and $135,430. Up just shy of 300 backers from Chrono Clock, along with an average of roughly $18 more per backer. Although the increase in average pledge wasn't that dramatic despite being a trilogy (up from roughly $72 to $90) because Chrono Clock had no cheap hard copy, a whale tier, and LeyLine got about 150 extra $1 pledges.
>>
>>16737477
The text on its announcement site makes that pretty clear.
>>
Sekai panel ongoing now, they're streaming it on their twitch.
>>
Roughly a July release for Karakara 2, and they are the ones bringing over Neko-nin exHeart.
>>
>Rance still 1st
How?
>>
>>16737884
Not a surprise for a short title, but they'll have a Denpa/Nutaku version of Neko-nin exHeart

Seems the third announcement didn't happen as they are in Q&A now, they had the Japanese guests run the panel and doing the Q&A now.
>>
>>16737894
Rance Quest release is tomorrow.
>>
>>16737931
Last minute delay? Maybe they wanted to iron out some details as to avoid last year's Baldr Sky announcement reaction.
>>
>>16738053
Not sure if it was the intended 3rd announcement or not (during the weekly stream they said they had three titles to announce), but they tweeted out Project Lux has a March 31st release which they couldn't announce during the panel because of "technical difficulties".
>>
>>16738085
They probably had a video to show off that refused to play or some issue with the power point presentation.
>>
>>16736550
'Gaol' was taught to me when I was in school, back in the 90s. I also don't live in Britain.

It's a perfectly acceptable spelling for people who actually read.
>>
File: bea_fumanb1.png (134 KB, 406x480)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>16737407
>>
>>16738094
>It's a perfectly acceptable spelling for people who actually read 17th-18th century literature
fixed.
>>
>>16738085
I think they announced that title last year.
>>
sekai made any statements on maitetsu/baldr?
>>
>>16738094
retarded bong.
>>
What about Katawa Shoujo?
>>
>>16738135
Yes.
>>
>>16735983
1: Make sure you're using ITHVNR, not ITH. ITH does not support PPSSPP.
2: Try different versions of PPSSPP.
3: Try Hook Any Text.
>>
>>16736272
JOP here.
The only thing that makes me sad is that learning Japanese is a great thing to do and improves the VN experience significantly, both for reading already translated games (originals are almost always better by a significant margin) and for reading new releases and old obscure but good games, yet all the big name kamige getting translated will undoubtedly result in less people learning Japanese, cause all their focus is on the kamige, and not the myriad of other benefits.
>>
>>16738174
Why would you want more JOPs?
It's bad enough that there are actual retarded people who learned this weird ass language. Thanks to the development of MTL there won't be any need for more JOPs.
>>
https://sekaiproject.com/2017/03/19/aod-2017-announcements/

One more tidbit from their write up

>Neko-Nin Ex Heart will be released on both Steam, Denpasoft and Nutaku this April! The Denpasoft and Nutaku versions will NOT have mosaic censorship!
>>
>>16738208
I'm an advanced JOP that goes to 2chan. People are retards there too. I don't have any illusions about Japanese somehow making you a smart/better person. Though there is a correlation which successfully studying daily for years, and being smarter/caring more about VNs (due to investing so much time into them as more than just a normal hobby).
>>
>>16738130
>>16738146

"Sirius had been in Azkaban, the terrifying wizard GAOL guarded by"

Oh look, it's used in children's stories. Children know more words than the two of you. How proud you must be
>>
I can't wait to fap to all those when they're out VNs
>>
>>16737894
Beat Blades Haruka was the best selling title of 2016. Rance is a franchise from the same company that is far more hyped. I think Haruka also charted about 5 months in a row after release while in the case of Rance, it's only been about 4 months since release. Rance is also a unique case that had an abnormally strong preorder period and release week, so I'd expect it to chart almost every week until Anime Expo except when there are a lot of releases and prominent sales (like the latter half of February)

It helps that Kuroinu probably isn't doing so well because it's episodic. April will probably be a weak month too, unless Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden is releasing then.
>>
>>16738094
>>16738251
Not the anon but you have to remember it might be a generational and regional gap in knowledge. I am from the U.S in particular and there is some words i do not understand either.
>>
It's also important to know it's okay for writers/translators to use words not everyone will know. Encountering new words in fiction is how most people's vocabulary grows, in any case. Every word had a first time for everyone. It's not a failing of a writer or a TLer to use an obscure word, if it's a good word that fits.
>>
>>16738174
>yet all the big name kamige getting translated will undoubtedly result in less people learning Japanese, cause all their focus is on the kamige, and not the myriad of other benefits.

I agree with that. I have been on the trail of learning Japanese for almost two years now. I still struggle with grammar and words. Some are just complex still. But i do notice an improvement i had a year ago where i could barely read anything or know less of a sentence, now i can understand certain words and understand certain phrasing and tones i can almost understand some sentences as well.

I can agree there is something about Japanese language and learning it does give me inspiration to keep going when i start to get words or understand context of what i watch and play or even read with small victories here and there. But i am kind of glad though that there will be JOP's so that way then the real ones will keep studying and those who studied for a visual novel can waste there time with it.


>>16738208
>Thanks to the development of MTL there won't be any need for more JOPs.

MTL is and always will be behind. I know you read the news about how Google is so great and has learned and advanced so far in it's MTL and believe the A.I hype. But the irony is it still deals with contextual problems and will not be able to know much beyond anything basic. Maybe there will be a day where we can take a pill to enhance the knowledge of language learning or something lol.

>>16738236
I think you are talking about the news article that talks about mental benefits of those who have learned one language or more being far more healthy and smarter than those who did not learn a new language.
>>
>>16739240
>MTL is and always will be behind. I know you read the news about how Google is so great and has learned and advanced so far in it's MTL and believe the A.I hype. But the irony is it still deals with contextual problems and will not be able to know much beyond anything basic. Maybe there will be a day where we can take a pill to enhance the knowledge of language learning or something lol.
The tl;dr of it is that a MTL will always be bad until it has the same linguistic psychology as humans. And even if and when we make a general AI, we won't know the linguistic psychology of humans to teach to it. And even if we figure out how the linguistic psychology of humans works at an abstract level, we won't know how to teach it that psychology. And once we can do both, it's going to have a volition of its own.
>>
>>16739254
Let's create an AI which will someday wipe humanity just so we can have all the eroge translated.
We can do it if we try, jaypsees.
>>
>>16738222
>Karakara 2

Expected

>Neko Nin-exHeart

Expected

>Project Lux

Might be the only title worth it's salt right now. I am kind of relieved so far they did not announce more games like Baldr Sky so far. As long as they stay on their moe genre sideline all is well for now.
>>
>>16739224
still there are limits, use your judgment
remember "eoten"?
>>
>>16739254
The thing is overall language evolves and changes over time, there are dialects, cultures, regions and of course language barriers that will be too difficult for MTL to be able to understand.

Unfortunately the only way we may ever be able to understand is all of us tried to adopt one singular or similar language to each other that is not too hard at all. It would take a lot of hard work. But until then its next to impossible.
>>
>>16735278
>Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden confirmed
Splendid. Kyonyuu Fantasy was my surprise hit of the year. I always only expected it to be a decent fap but I legitimately ended up liking it a lot.
Kind of expected Gaiden to get localized, but it's still as pleasing as ever to see it confirmed.
>>
>>16739224
I think those are fine in moderation, but excessive use of such words will make the work less pleasant to read. It breaks immersion to constantly have to look things up.
>>
>>16739650
Assuming a work is already 18+, the main limit of vocabuary should be if it makes sense for a character to use those words. A genius character should use sophisticated vocabuary if he's not intentionally dumbing down his words, and an idiot character should not use complicated words unless the original made him use such words for comedic value, for example.

In the case shown in this thread, the term gaol is fine because it's a medieval fantasy. Not that everyone should have to speak olde English in the translation, but a few outdated English terms here or there is fine, especially for important locations. That's what context clues are for.
>>
>>16739398
That is the reason that it needs to have a human linguistic psychology. Not just "be good".
>>
Is it true Luna translations imploded?
>>
>>16740047
Who cares
>>
>>16740106
The website hosted like 6 different translation projects. I was just curious to see how many of them split off to keep going or just axed the project.
>>
>>16739224
It is a failure if the only argument for using said word is because leaving the original word would mean some people don't understand it. Like say dropping the word "otaku" to replace it with a middle ages equivalent in English.
>>
>>16739240
>>16739254
Jokes on you two, machine translation for other languages work fine, for example ENG -> SPA there's barely any error. It's a matter of time before the machine learns how to cope with contextual stuff.
>>
>>16740123
I've been watching their projects for a while, I'll share with you my wild guesses.
>Majo Koi Nikki
Alive
>Tsui Yori
Alive, close to 100%
>Waremete
Life support, ver likely it gets stalled
>Witch's Garden
Alive
>Tototo
Dead project
>>
Give it to me straight, lads - is Aroduc dead?
>>
>>16738251
That word's only used once or twice in the entire series, guv.
Also: "In the UK, gaol and gaoler are used sometimes, apart from literary usage, chiefly to describe a medieval building and guard. Both spellings go back to Middle English: gaol was a loanword from Norman French, while jail was a loanword from central (Parisian) French. In Middle English the two spellings were associated with different pronunciations. In current English the word, however spelled, is always given the pronunciation originally associated only with the jail spelling /ˈdʒeɪl/. The survival of the gaol spelling in British English is "due to statutory and official tradition"." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences
>>
>>16739224
It's not a new word, it's a different spelling of an old word. I'm not sure 'yoghourt' is going to expand anybody's vocabulary.
>>
I've always been meaning to ask this but I end up forgetting, where exactly does the information from the VN translation threads come from? Does someone go around to each group's site and look for a weekly progress bar?
>>
File: 1489709068547.gif (405 KB, 722x720)
405 KB
405 KB GIF
>>16740347
>English and Spanish have barely any errors to them.

Of course it is easy in English and Spanish because they are similar in almost every way the structure, the words and expressions. But you can not say that for Japanese to English or even Chinese to German are easy. The languages are entirely different and harder to grasp. You have a better chance of learning Japanese than hoping for machine translation.
>>
>>16740407
He is around. He just has lost his spirit after the whole Baldr Sky incident.
>>
>>16740435
Douzo Lad.
>>
>>16737828
Did they mention SakuSaku at all?
>>
>>16740431
Doesn't apply to Harry Potter because it doesn't refer to a "building and guard." It's referred to specifically as a prison, and yes "gaol" is used as a word for such.

Furthermore, "gaol" was spelt with a "g" because at the time there was no "j" in English. The other version of the word was spelt with an "i", later changed to a "j". "Gaol" was originally pronounced with a hard "g", nobody knows how the other version was pronounced because "fucking i". They later morphed into the "j" sound we use today, with America preferring that spelling and Britain preferring the version with a "g".

It is a case of American culture squashing British culture, it is not a case of "old fashioned word". Also never quote wikipedia at me
>>
>>16740664
>Never quote wikipedia at me

Same guy. Don't mean to sound rude, it's just that wikipedia is a bit of a crapshoot.
>>
>>16740672
>>16740664
Wikipedia is a collection of sources, moron. If you went to the page, you would see it's a direct quote from the Oxford dictionary.
>>
>>16737394
Why Tokyo necro though?
Muramasa is more rated, more known, older. Plus the big chunk of it is already translated.
Do they want to release it last?
>>
>>16740431
>apart from literary usage

Many fantasy series like Black Company, Malazan and Wheel of Time use anachronistic words for the feel of the period.
Gaol is a perfectly acceptable term in Eustia's context/world.
>>
>>16740664
It's funny because there is a word in french close to "gaol" which mean the same thing. It's "geôle" and you can use it like the word "prison", they have the same sense.
>>
>>16740697
If it's a direct quote from the Oxford dictionary then you should have sourced it from the Oxford dictionary.

It's a condensed explanation for space because it's a dictionary. The "j" sound may have been associated with the word "jail" first, but neither version of the word was originally pronounced that way. Dunno what "originally associated" is supposed to mean, considering the pronunciation morphed into what it's form.

Wikipedia is unreliable when searching for obscure pieces of knowledge. The etymology of words would probably qualify.
>>
>>16740407
He is just coasting for a little while. In a blog post he said he is working on Prism Ark again, after he got some more technical help, but it isn't a high priority right now.
I don't really blame him with how he got fucked over after doing 2/3rds of Baldr Sky and having to scrap it.
>>
>>16740705
Because it is newer and more recent. The thing about Muramasa is it has a ton of unique kanji I think around 3,000 if I remember correctly.
>>
>>16740753
I still think he should finish it and make a fan patch. I would not mind paying him for one.
>>
>>16740772
>The thing about Muramasa is it has a ton of unique kanji I think around 3,000 if I remember correctly.
JOP here. Kanji count doesn't mean shit about difficultly. You can look up a kanji and know what it means in seconds. Muramasa is a challenging to game to TL for other reasons, but the TL hasn't been stalled because of the challenge - Makoto finished a large chunk of the game and could have proceeded to finish the game without much issue.
>>
>>16735999
Because he's going to at least attempt to sell it. He can't do that if he works off another TL.
>>
>>16740586
Pretty much. Sometimes OP misses a few things and we post about anything we notice here to help get it added to OP next thread.
>>
>>16739224
I don't think gaol is a bad TL, and given Eustia's setting and whatnot it's certainly better than purgatory, but I brought up the original argument because anon is acting like it's the natural choice (it isn't) or that all educated readers would know the word (which is untrue, it is barely used even in literature unless you go back centuries).
I think it's a fine choice given the context, but it's only marginally better than "jail" itself, which has the same nuance as the JP word (being a more common term people toss around that has a less formal connotation than prison).
>>
Will we ever see another Empress title localized ever again?
>>
File: 2017-03-20_07-55-59.png (327 KB, 768x554)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
Looks like Conjueror doesn't think it's too bad a localization.
>>
>>16741346
>it could
>i guess
Not too enthusiastic about it
>>
>>16741398
Do you expect everyone to be enthusiastic about someone else's translation?
>>
>>16738222
Have they said anything regarding Koikuma?
>>
>>16740661
>>16741982
The panel was ran entirely by their Japanese guests and a translator, thus it was limited to the two announcements they made without addressing other titles, and the Q&A was limited to the types of questions those guests would be able to discuss (which mostly involved KiraKira, or other titles they worked on).
>>
>>16741346

Those are pretty much thoughts. The setting already seems pretty heavy on religious aspects, so it fits in atleast.

To be honest, if I were forced to pick between purgatory and that retarded gaol that britbong is trying to force, I'd pick purgatory. Even if one were deadset on using ancient obscure french-english words as a synonym for prison, you'd still be better off calling it the bastille or something.
>>
>>16742138
>Even if one were deadset on using ancient obscure french-english words as a synonym for prison, you'd still be better off calling it the bastille or something.

Actually hell, I just thought of a even better one than that. If you're dead set on using ancient words that only exist in dictionaries, there's nothing more fitting than "oubliette" for ~symbolism~
>>
>>16742325
You people really don't read medieval/fantasy fiction at all.
Or play medieval themed games.
>>
>>16741346
> ESL from 3rd-world shithole who completely fucked up his own projects gives his valuable opinion on fuwaprojects
>>
>>16742138
Funnily enough, I've heard of the Bastille before but not gaol until the discussion about it came up.
>>
>>16742325
Somebody's never played FF12.
None of those words seem obscure to me.
>>
Is Eustia even good or is it another Himawari case?
>>
>It's currently monday and we're already at 182 posts.
This thread sure got all of a sudden plenty of activity
>>
>>16742325
Oubliette is something completely different.
>>
>>16742943
Illiterate Americans
>>
>>16742943
It's just another cum-prison and neighbor's fence thing. I wonder if it is the same people who argue each time.
>>
>>16742931
It's good, but overhyped. It also starts out strong, but gets somewhat weaker as it goes on.
>>
>>16742959
Bitching whenever they have to learn British words is almost as bad as illiterate ESL's bitching about learning Americanisms.
>>
>>16742988
>It also starts out strong
>also
What, like Himawari? If anything, Himawari's problem is that the start is weak. The good stuff doesn't even start until Aqua's route.
>>
>>16742649
It's the reverse. Conjurer is much better than Fuwanovel tier writing.
>>
Looking at MG's releases, the only hardcopies that might happen besides Funbag Fantasy would be recent releases like: Rance, Da Capo 3, and A New Generation. Nothing else seems to have sold well enough to warrant a hardcopy. And then you have releases that are currently incomplete like Umineko and Higurashi. Those will probably get hardcopies when all the chapters are out.
>>
>>16743381
I can see Umineko, Higurashi, Rance. But everything else just seems kind of mute really.
>>
>>16742649
>fucked up his own projects

Not sure if this guy is a troll, or just retarded.
>>
>>16742946

An oubliette's a cell where the only way out is through the ceiling, pretty befitting of a district that's sunken and surrounded by sheer cliff faces, I'd think.

Of course, fun as it would be to use, I don't think any sane person would due to how pretentious it would sound.
>>
>>16742529
This. I've come across the term gaol in some of the recent epic fantasy series.
>>
Fatal Twelve is about to the 30k mark. Pretty safe to say it'll hit its base goal and then some. It'll wait for reviews and check it out if it sounds decent.

How was Sound of Drop?
>>
>>16743824
Mediocre with a pretty bad editing job.
>>
>>16743351
I'm pretty sure he meant "it's overhyped and starts out strong" rather than "like Himawari, it starts out strong"
>>
This is the game for you /jp/!
With a fresh english translation I present you Netorare Otoko no Ko
https://vndb.org/v13566

May you find enlightenment and a new way of life
>>
>>16743381
>>16743421
The first 4 chapters of Umineko/Higurashi forming the basis of one hardcopy seems likely enough, I think. Answer arcs can make up another while the last 3 arcs of Higurashi can be a third hard copy if they sell decently enough.

I doubt New Generation did quite well enough to get a hardcopy because of how strongly Rance influenced the sale numbers. Da Capo 3 seems likely enough to get a hardcopy because it was mentioned at one point that the combined sale number of DCIII's Steam and MG sales were about the number of Rance's. That was after Rance made #4 of 2016.
>>
>>16744054
What is that poor girl doing
>>
>>16744083
Yes, "girl".
>>
>>16744054
> Netorare Otoko no Ko ~Ore no Osananajimi no Mujaki na Otoko no Ko ga Masaka Sobou na Taiiku Kyoushi ni Yowami o Nigirarete Choukyou Sarete Itsu no Ma ni ka Kairaku ni Oborete Aheahe Double Peace de Video Satsuei Sarete Yorokondeita Da Nante!!~

That's a lot of title there.
>>
>>16744054
Quof translating under two aliases and not even taking credit for his work.
What a hero.
>>
File: 1473026818204.png (26 KB, 142x128)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>16744381
That's really not me though
>>
>>16744054
>Artist : Gujira

Yoooooooooo
>>
>>16744390
Translator = Quof confirmed!
>>
>>16744345
Please bang my cute trap.
>>
>Sweet Home - 100% translated, debugging script

It has been like a year. When will JAST be able to release this game?
>>
File: cVlY0xs.jpg (169 KB, 960x720)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
This is how we got Maitetsu
>>
>>16745387
They will release it when everyone forgets it. They learn a lot from Half Life 3 marketing.
>>
Yu-No remake sold 40k copies so far.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/yu-no-remake-total-sales-top-40000
>>
>>16740713
Person who quoted it, different from the person you're quoting, I didn't hunt down the reference and go through it because I'm not as much as a pretentious fucking pedant as you. Also, did you even fucking read it? It says right on the damn thing that IN BRITAIN 'gaol' is still a barely used artifact. Or artefact.
>>
File: 1490096855432.jpg (330 KB, 960x720)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>16745728
>>
If you've always wanted a trap NTR vn translated, then you're in luck.

https://vndb.org/v13566
>>
>>16747100
>NTR
Nope
>>
>>16747100
>Being unable to read less than 20 posts up
>>
>>16746132
jeez. at 8000 yen per copy...
>>
I suppose Trinoline won't get its simultaneous international release.
The game is supposed to be out on Japan by the end of this month and we didn't hear a thing from MG.
>>
>>16747818
Unless it's one of their Anime Boston announcements.
>>
>>16747850
Trinoline was already announced.
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/07/07/trinoline-announced/
>>
>>16747898
I didn't mean one of its official announcements, just as a side mention about when it's coming out. Notice it's not even listed on their project status page.
>>
>>16747907
I am sure once one of their visual novels are done translating they will send someone on it.
>>
>>16747927
Even VNs like Sona-Nyl that have no progress started are still listed on the project page. Trinoline isn't even listed as being picked up. If that's one of their secret projects I'm going to laugh.
>>
>>16747996
I hope it's not secret project 5 or 6 which are both 100% translated and edited.
>>
I bought Supipara, it was very mediocre but the girls were extraordinarily cute. And Trinoline has porn so there's no way it can be worse
>>
>>16747996
How can an announced project already be a secret project?
>>
Just as a quick look at what Denpasoft overall numbers may look like using a bit of information from Chrono Clock. During the Kickstarter, Sekai sold 958 copies of the R18 version of Chrono Clock (along with potentially some more from pledge upgrades on backerkit). If I am not mistaken, those backers got access to both the Nutaku and Denpasoft versions of the title. On Denpasoft itself, Chrono Clock is still protected (passworded with a placeholder price), however in the popularity sort, which for Denpasoft is long term based, it reflects backers who redeemed a copy. Out of those backers, it is impossible to say just how many redeemed a Denpasoft copy other than the maximum based on the number of backers (especially since some surely only redeemed a Nutaku copy), but the number of copies redeemed on Denpasoft ranks Chrono Clock in 13th of 24 ranked releases for Denpasoft, just ahead of the stand alone version of KaraKara.
>>
>>16748879

I'm not sure how useful that is if we don't have a timeframe on the popularity sort.
>>
>>16748914
It appears to be based on everything to date, rather than any time frame. Titles have remained stable in the sort over a long period and the original Grisaia release has remained at the top since it has been in the top spot, while the second Grisaia release got to third and has stayed there since, just behind the Nekopara Volume 2 patch.
>>
>>16748995

Interesting. Well, I'd be willing to bet a non-trivial number of those backers opted for Nutaku and there are probably a decent number who haven't bothered to redeem it too.
>>
>>16748879
>Ahead of karakara

Well that is not surprising. But I am starting to notice the support for Kickstarter is waning down. They may reach their goals but I'm the long-term of things it will get old after 1 year or even 2. Plus with Frontwing and Mikandi a few others getting into the fold with 3rd parties seeing the market Sekai might be doomed soon.

Speaking of Frontwing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frontwing/a-grand-entrance-for-new-vn-series-grisaia-phantom/posts/1834956

They did reach their stretch goal of 110k.
>>
>>16749077
>All Ages
They aren't getting my money.
>>
>>16749077

>Ahead of karakara

>Well that is not surprising.

It's behind the KaraKara patch through, which is in 8th place on the Denpasoft popularity sort. Though the main point is Chrono Clock gives us a very rough limitation on what a middle of the road Denpasoft release has looked like, and it doesn't look overly impressive (especially if the amount of people who have redeemed it on Denpasoft is much smaller than the total number of backers within the R18 tiers).

>But I am starting to notice the support for Kickstarter is waning down.

I would have agreed with you much more readily half a year ago, however the bleeding appears to have stopped for Kickstarter. LeyLine and Phantom Trigger are doing quite well (both will outperform Chrono Clock in backers). Vita has proven popular in Kickstarter as well, and while it was needed to save Root Double, Vita stretch goals went a long ways for both Dies Irae and Sharin. Both of those titles from this Winter with a Vita release managed to get more backers than Root Double and Libra from early 2016 (both of which also had Vita tiers), and of those Dies Irae was a complete mess. Not to mention the first Sharin project was a huge failure last year (one of the biggest arguments for Kickstarters declining if you asked 6 months ago), yet managed to spectacularly redeem itself this Winter. Even Fatal Twelve is going to end up with a respectable title for a yet to be created doujin title, sitting at $30k now.

One other side benefit to Kickstarters that has made itself apparent is you can boost one Kickstarter by updating other finished Kickstarters, with a couple obvious examples this winter and more likely to come.

That said though, a farther decline of Kickstarter VNs may be coming down the road, and the platform hasn't pulled a repeat of the original few big titles like Clannad, Grisaia, or Muv Luv, but for now at least the platform looks to be stable with no recent obvious decline.

>Plus with Frontwing and Mikandi a few others getting into the fold with 3rd parties seeing the market Sekai might be doomed soon.

As much as I may dislike some of the bullshit Sekai has pulled, I don't expect them to run into problems just because I am not particularly fond of how they handle their titles. Something like releasing Chrono Clock unfinished or the mess Baldr Sky is should hurt their standing, but it is quite obvious the Western community frankly doesn't give a shit, something that is unlikely to change any time soon. There are no signs that they are on track to perform worse than their competitors, they seem quick to take advantage of new market opportunities as they pop up and Kickstarter looks to remain strong for at least the near term. They also have a Vita division coming online soon to complement their Steam and Nutaku releases. Their Steam sales certainly are down, but they hardly are alone in that regards and they still have some titles like Rabi-Ribi going strong (and Nekopara will likely still put out huge numbers with volume 3, not to mention the older titles are still selling).

At the very least though, neither Frontwing nor Mikandi (nor Jast or MG for that matter) look to have a lineup that is going to suddenly put huge new pressure on Sekai beyond what they already do, especially with much of Sekai's revenue coming from short titles (often non VNs) where they more readily compete with indie developers on Steam and Nutaku than huge titles from the big VN localization companies. Even on Kickstarter where the competition against a company like Frontwing is more obvious they are hardly loosing out and have a strong upcoming lineup.
>>
>>16748546
If you look at last year's announcements page, it's not listed. So I'm kind of wondering if they'll "officially" announce it themselves this con season.
>>
>>16749362
>I would have agreed with you much more readily half a year ago, however the bleeding appears to have stopped for Kickstarter. LeyLine and Phantom Trigger are doing quite well (both will outperform Chrono Clock in backers). Vita has proven popular in Kickstarter as well, and while it was needed to save Root Double, Vita stretch goals went a long ways for both Dies Irae and Sharin. Both of those titles from this Winter with a Vita release managed to get more backers than Root Double and Libra from early 2016 (both of which also had Vita tiers), and of those Dies Irae was a complete mess. Not to mention the first Sharin project was a huge failure last year (one of the biggest arguments for Kickstarters declining if you asked 6 months ago), yet managed to spectacularly redeem itself this Winter. Even Fatal Twelve is going to end up with a respectable title for a yet to be created doujin title, sitting at $30k now.

That is my point, if you need to add Vita which is dead in the West for the most part, to make the money back then something is wrong. It should never be that you need to add Vita in randomly in order to make the money back. A kickstarter thrives on it's own without needing to support a dead platform in the first place. Besides what happens in the next year or two when no one games on their vita anymore and they move on to other platforms?

>That said though, a farther decline of Kickstarter VNs may be coming down the road, and the platform hasn't pulled a repeat of the original few big titles like Clannad, Grisaia, or Muv Luv, but for now at least the platform looks to be stable with no recent obvious decline.

I would not say a decline. The main deal of this is that Japan's economy is going to head on the hugest boom within this year and the next. This is due to the last 10 years of them being on a recession and dealing with corporate issues but that is an entirely different topic. What this means and i am trying to convey this is that we will most likely see a situation where Japanese companies start importing their games over than relying on 3rd parties except those who have good relationships with their partners in Japan(JAST with Nitro+ and MG with Alicesoft etc). It makes sense as well because if you notice the top 5 selling games in the West so far have been Japanese titles which Japan is actually amazed with and worried they were not as good as they use to be with the West in regards to how their titles are seen here.

>One other side benefit to Kickstarters that has made itself apparent is you can boost one Kickstarter by updating other finished Kickstarters, with a couple obvious examples this winter and more likely to come.

Most people do not pay attention or care about announcements that much if they did there would be some noticeable changes and not desperation attempts to make sure it is made through it's goal.

>As much as I may dislike some of the bullshit Sekai has pulled, I don't expect them to run into problems just because I am not particularly fond of how they handle their titles.

That is not how i see it, its just one of many factors. But you are also forgetting if they keep fucking up and it becomes a joke like Chronoclock currently is to the outside world, Japanese companies are going to be far more hesitant in giving their license over to Sekai due to how they are seen here.

> Something like releasing Chrono Clock unfinished or the mess Baldr Sky is should hurt their standing, but it is quite obvious the Western community frankly doesn't give a shit, something that is unlikely to change any time soon. There are no signs that they are on track to perform worse than their competitors, they seem quick to take advantage of new market opportunities as they pop up and Kickstarter looks to remain strong for at least the near term. They also have a Vita division coming online soon to complement their Steam and Nutaku releases. Their Steam sales certainly are down, but they hardly are alone in that regards and they still have some titles like Rabi-Ribi going strong (and Nekopara will likely still put out huge numbers with volume 3, not to mention the older titles are still selling).

I think that is wrong, Chronoclock was made fun of over on twitter last week, and most Fuwanovel members did admit it was bad(albeit a bit of damage control) if they keep releasing bad translations for titles the fans are passionate about you can guarantee the word will be spread and they will look far worse.

On Vita it is like i said earlier it is a dead platform, in 2 years it will not matter, not even now it will not. For Rabi-Ribi and Nekopara those have sold well but to believe Sekai is in a good position right now is kind of disregarding their kickstarters that they need to have out. They are under pressure and you can tell by the fact they are trying their hands at anything and everything. There is no clear vision.
>>
Huh, so MG has 2 completed secret projects and 3 Anime Boston announcements, I presume they will be announcing those two and a third project, i believe
>>
>>16746435
No, you didn't hunt down the reference because you're an ignorant fuckwit who thinks Wikipedia is reliable.

And considering Britain was still teaching "gaol" in schools in the 90s, as well as other Commonwealth countries, your knowledge on the issue is fucking zero.

So take your accusations of pretentiousness and suck on it, illiterate, ESL, fuckwit
>>
>>16750125
Boy, you sure love the word "fuckwit", don't you? By the way, what're your sources on all of this, Fuckwit-sama? Given that you're railing so hard on Wikipedia being an unreliable source, I'm sure you have yours in MLA format. Also, I like that you dodge that 'gaol' isn't used nearly as much as 'jail' even in Britain using a pointless factoid.

By the way, none of this has to do with the fact that using it in a translation of a Japanese word over jail or purgatory is retarded, Fuckwit-sama.
>>
>>16747100
>gay NTR
How progressive
>>
File: moebuta.jpg (100 KB, 732x677)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
>>16750359
at least we're making it easy for Reddit to mock us next week
>>
>>16750294

It's a shame that the age of copypasta has past, because damned if that post doesn't look like it could have as many permutations as masterpieces like the katana one.
>>
File: 1429980933390.jpg (63 KB, 960x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Higurashi chapter 5 when? I've already been spoiled during the wait I just want to finish this
>>
>>16750444
>Higurashi chapter 5 when?
2011 lol
>>
>>16750444
The fuck?
Are you from the past 10 years ago?
>>
>>16750454
>>16750468
but i dont want to read those STINKY OLD VERSIONS
>>
>>16750359
Is she /ourgirl/?
>>
>>16750478
Jokes on you, the old version + ps2 patch looks better than new trashy art.
>>
>>16750486
New version + ps3 mods look better and have voice acting + CGs
>>
>>16750486
PS3 looks way better than the PS2 art desu
>>
>>16750377
Reddit visual novel area always says were shit, Fuwanovel says were shit.
>>
>>16750489
>>16750491
Am I being meme'd?
PS3 and PS2 art are the same.
>have voice acting + CGs
You'll have to wait for a while after the official release for that one anyways.
>>
>>16750496
They're not the same. PS3 art is a lot cleaned up
>>
File: PS2 PS3 comparison.png (383 KB, 561x479)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>16750500
>A lot cleaned up
>>
>>16750511
Tired as fuck sorry.
*very cleaned up
>>
>>16750526

He wasn't correcting your language he was pointing out the art barely changed.
>>
>>16750118
We already know two announcements if you see >>16735278
So one of the 100% projects is Gaiden and I guess the other probably is some other Nukige and then there is a hard copy.
>>
File: lute-hodson-1949.jpg (527 KB, 3189x1469)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>16735278
Excellent, can't wait to see more of my favorite instrument
>>
>>16750094
>That is my point, if you need to add Vita which is dead in the West for the most part, to make the money back then something is wrong. It should never be that you need to add Vita in randomly in order to make the money back. A kickstarter thrives on it's own without needing to support a dead platform in the first place. Besides what happens in the next year or two when no one games on their vita anymore and they move on to other platforms?

It wasn't as immediately obvious because there was no sudden huge burst like Root Double, Sharin or Dies Irae, but all the big Kickstarters aside from Clannad have had Vita releases which made up a significant fraction of their revenue. That said, be it still on Vita or moves on to a successor, there are no signs that a console market for lower budget anime style games in Japan (the type XSeed and PQube go after for the West) is about to disappear, and as long as there is interest in localizations of those types of games in the West, it won't dry up here either regardless of which platform it happens to favor.

>I would not say a decline. The main deal of this is that Japan's economy is going to head on the hugest boom within this year and the next. This is due to the last 10 years of them being on a recession and dealing with corporate issues but that is an entirely different topic. What this means and i am trying to convey this is that we will most likely see a situation where Japanese companies start importing their games over than relying on 3rd parties except those who have good relationships with their partners in Japan(JAST with Nitro+ and MG with Alicesoft etc). It makes sense as well because if you notice the top 5 selling games in the West so far have been Japanese titles which Japan is actually amazed with and worried they were not as good as they use to be with the West in regards to how their titles are seen here.

Most VN companies aren't going to suddenly get directly involved in the West, especially the smaller companies that make up much of Sekai's licenses. There is also so much 720p generic moege from a wide variety of companies that no localization company is suddenly going to be unable to license longer moege anytime soon. It would be a different story if Sekai was dependent on Baldr Sky or Dies Irae type announcements, which are obviously much more limited. Even with them having Baldr Sky, that is one license that is very different than the rest of their upcoming catalogue.

>That is not how i see it, its just one of many factors. But you are also forgetting if they keep fucking up and it becomes a joke like Chronoclock currently is to the outside world, Japanese companies are going to be far more hesitant in giving their license over to Sekai due to how they are seen here.

>I think that is wrong, Chronoclock was made fun of over on twitter last week, and most Fuwanovel members did admit it was bad(albeit a bit of damage control) if they keep releasing bad translations for titles the fans are passionate about you can guarantee the word will be spread and they will look far worse.

Chrono Clock might have gotten some flack on Fuwanovel which itself would be unusual, but there hasn't been a peep of its issues on the Steam forums or Steam reviews, and the Nutaku audience is going to care even less about the issues Chrono Clock had than Steam.

>On Vita it is like i said earlier it is a dead platform, in 2 years it will not matter, not even now it will not. For Rabi-Ribi and Nekopara those have sold well but to believe Sekai is in a good position right now is kind of disregarding their kickstarters that they need to have out. They are under pressure and you can tell by the fact they are trying their hands at anything and everything. There is no clear vision.

I hardly think going after multiple revenue streams is a sign that they are suddenly desperate, Sekai has ran full speed after everything they think may be profitable since they started as a company.
>>
File: 1485442357391.jpg (19 KB, 350x272)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>16750294
>>
What ever happened to Secret Game getting a patch?
>>
>>16751649
lemnisca wants to get paid first
>>
>@DS55_ Current Projects: Trinoline: Translation ?%
>>
>>16752702
I'm willing to guess "?%" means it's finished.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project/posts/1838231


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences/posts/1837450

Updates so far on Kickstarter.
>>
Nothing all that significant on the stream for Sekai Project this week. Just a general recap of their AOD announcements and not much out of the Q&A besides Baldr Sky is still a thing and Wagamama High Spec is in development hell.
>>
>>16753492
>Wagamama High Spec is in development hell
I think it's funny how it was supposed to be out this time last year
>>
>>16752894
Could simply be under NDA. Showing off the translation progress might imply a release date for the Japanese version as well.

In any case, I doubt it'll do well, but I like their games enough to buy a copy.
>>
>The English version of Dies Irae is now in the debugging stage, and we are working on fixing any bugs we find daily. The translation of the 18+ patch should be completed this month.
Sounds like the Steam release will make its planned May launch.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences/posts/1839530
>>
>>16753501
It had seemed like it was no small fleet to get it fully translated by October (since it was believed they had multiple translators working on it with what the status updates looked like at the time). But the development hell seems to be quite bad, since if they had any inkling about when they would be able to release it they would have ran the Kickstarter by now.
>>
File: 1447720807997.jpg (69 KB, 306x331)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
New to these threads, but I've read my fair share of VNs. Why do people here like Mangagamer? Any port in a storm, I get it; but seriously? Their translations are complete dogshit.

Also why does the OP have updates for games that were translated decades ago?
>>
>>16758412
Have you read one of their translations made in the last six years, though?
>>
>>16758412
>Their translations are complete dogshit.
I suppose you have plenty of evidence to point out exactly that.

Anyway, I don't feel like explaining so I'll just link to a recent post on the archive:
https://archived.moe/jp/thread/16699992/#16711841
>>
>>16758412
>Also why does the OP have updates for games that were translated decades ago?
Umineko and Higurashi are getting better translations (and Umineko's getting an option to toggle between the original art and the worst goddamn art you've ever seen(default)), Katahane's getting a retranslation but considering that JAST's recent (or what counts for it when we're talking about a company who's been "translating" a game for almost eight goddamn years) translations have been pretty mediocre, Sekai's outright slapping a price tag on fan-tls and probably tearing out h-scenes because they're fucking Sekai, Sharin no Kuni's getting official physical copies translated by Frontwing's inhouse team (no thanks to the shittiest kickstarter runners ever), Little Busters is getting the expanded ME version translated, Rewrite+ is a re-release, and Muv-Luv's just an official steam release,
>>
>>16758611
>translations have been pretty mediocre, so it's probably not going to be much better than the fanTL,
fixed
>>
>>16758557
>>16758585
I'm reading Pygmalion right now. I clearly remember at least one instance where a character says "onee-chan..." in order to reveal that the characters are related, but they just translate it as "[character name]..." instead. Not to mention numerous other bizarre liberties, but if you're mind is made up then all the examples in the world won't help and I can't be fucked digging through all that shit anyway.

>>16758611
All those extras are really minor though. The games are already translated.
>>
>>16758644
Calling a localization as simple as that "complete dogshit" is exaggeration, plain and simple. My mind's not made up, that's just really minor. Old MangaGamer where every line was awkward to read with grammar mistakes out the ass was dogshit TLs. You not liking minor creative liberties due to language differences does not make TLs "complete dogshit".
>>
>>16758653
>completely ruin a dramatic sibling reveal by scrubbing out any mention of the fact that they are siblings
>"My mind's not made up, that's just really minor"

Okay friend.
>>
>>16758666
I'm willing to bet there was no "dramatic reveal" ruined by that and that you're just over-exaggerating. It's not that my mind's made up, it's that the fact that your only example is "nee-san -> name", which is basic shit all sorts of plain whiners complain about. My mind is open and I'm willing to accept criticism, but your criticism has no sources and has the signs of being an over exaggeration, making your case very unconvincing.

Or should I just believe and agree with you despite your weak argument and no sources, because you're just that convinced your right so you have to be?
>>
Fuck Mangagamer.
>>
>>16758684
Things sure are easy to when the only way you'll allow yourself to become convinved of anything is by forcing anybody who opposes you to spend 10+ minutes digging through and documenting shit for the sake of an online argument. How about you find evidence to support your claim that the translations are good? Huh? You won't? That's too bad fucker, I guess I win.
>>
>>16758701
Uh, what? Are you seriously trying to criticize me for requiring sources to believe things? And lambasting me for implying you should put forth the effort of gathering evidence instead of just grumbling on vague memories with no backup?

Is this what they call cognitive dissonance? Well I wouldn't be surprised if you were a little delusional, because you said I need evidence to support "my claim" that the translations "are good", which is delusional because 1) asking people to prove you wrong instead of proving yourself correct is fundamental delusional religious-nutjob activity and 2) that's a claim I never made, I simply argued against your claims via the arguments you made, those being poor uncensored examples.

What's the world coming too, where people get upset and angry over being asked for sources? Is it because they're upset because they know they have no sources, but want people to believe them anyway? How naive...
>>
>>16758713
>is fundamental delusional religious-nutjob activity
Look out, we have a plebbitor over here. And he hates honorifics. That checks out.
>>
>>16758713
I'm criticizing you because you clearly believe that you're some objective, rational snowflake when in reality you're totally unchallenged because you refuse to answer anybody who won't jump through a hundred hoops just the "debate" you.

>asking people to prove you wrong instead of proving yourself correct is fundamental delusional religious-nutjob activity
Yeah, what sort of retard challenges people to prove him wrong? Oh, wait. It's you. Everything you said applies to yourself perfectly. My request for evidence is delusion, your request for evidence is perfectly okay.
>Is this what they call cognitive dissonance?
>>
>>16758732
Sources are not a hundred hoops. It's one hoop, and it's called backing yourself up. It's important to do in arguements. Your request for evidence is delusional because you're requesting me to provide evidence for a claim I haven't made. Not only are you refusing to back yourself up, but you're demanding I go and back up a claim I didn't make. That is, you're saying to disagree with you, I have to back up an argument that I didn't even make. That's delusional. I disagreed with your arguments. I'm not calling MG translators good or their translations good. I'm calling your arguments against them bad. And now you're going crazy because you don't have any sources to back yourself up and you expected everyone to swallow what you said without sources.
>>
>>16758743
If you're gonna move the goalposts far back enough to say that they aren't good and you never meant to imply that, then fine, that's victory enough for me. Nice talking with you.
>>
>>16758762
Holy shit my dude, just provide sources, stop trying to weasel your way out
And you literally moved the goalposts right here
>How about you find evidence to support your claim that the translations are good? Huh? You won't?
You moved the goalposts YOURSELF, and when I refuse to tag along, you say I'm the one moving the goalposts, in a condescending way? Jesuuus. I'm glad you feel like you won because it's exhausting trying to discuss anything with you.
>>
>>16758770
If you replace the word "good" with "not shit" in my quote, then your whole pedantic argument goes out the window, idiot. You would never provide evidence for such a thing yourself and you know it, and if you did, I could easily deny it, all whilst thinking that I'm an incredible rational thinker for forcing the other guy to get evidence. That was the point I was trying to make, but I guess it's pearls before swine and I just have to settle with the fact that you conceded that you don't actually think MG is good(though you almost certainly do and are claiming otherwise for the sake of this argument).
>>
>>16758701
>How about you find evidence to support your claim that the translations are good?
Burden of proof is on you, boyo. Time to download the original game and compare the scripts 1:1 so you can show us how the translations are shit
>>
>>16758794
I like how you're ignoring that you yourself moved the goalpost. It's okay to admit your faults.
What you're missing is that the only time I've said mangagamer is "not shit" is in direct response to YOUR claims:

>Calling a localization as simple as that "complete dogshit" is exaggeration
>You not liking minor creative liberties due to language differences does not make TLs "complete dogshit".

That is to say, I have not said
>the translations in general are good/not shit

I have only said
>your examples are not showing that the translations are "dogshit"

Is everything cleared up now? If so, good. Prepare sources next time you want people to believe you, and don't get upset when they're asked for.
>>
>>16758802
>I have only said your examples are not showing that the translations are "dogshit"
You got any evidence to support that claim with, kid? Don't get upset now that I asked for your sources.
>>
>>16758810
Yup. 4chan posts don't 404 until the thread dies so here you go:
>>16758653
>>
>>16758412
When the main competition is slower than molasses and the other main competition is almost NISA...

>>16758810
Not that guy, but burden of proof is formally on the accuser for a reason. No need to argue against claims that are baseless after all.
>>
>>16758810
One honorific omission isn't really enough to declare the entire translation, not to mention all other MG translations, as per your original implication, as "complete dogshit"
>>
>>16758817
More retarded pedantry, sasuga reddit. Do you have any evidence to back up your statement that my statement is an exaggeration and that it was only a "minor liberty"?
>>
>>16758826
That's just my opinion.
If you want to say your personal *opinion* is that MG translations are dogshit, and that you have no evidence for it, that's fine. My only issue is that you tried to back it up as fact (when someone asked for evidence >>16758585), but did an extremely poor, unsourced job of it. And then went nuts implying that asking for sources for claims was somehow wrong.
>>
>>16758826
Still not making any arguments, I see. Just the typical "lol reddit xD" insult since you clearly have no ammunition.

>Do you have any evidence to back up your statement that my statement is an exaggeration
Your complaint was aimed a single word, which makes up less than a percent of the script. Considering you aren't complaining about anything directly egregious (a completely inaccurate TL that fucks up absolutely everything, for example. which you likely couldn't deduce since it seems you're an EOP), it's self-evident that you're nitpicking on a localisation decision which isn't the same as being inaccurate. MG has plenty of translations which adhere to honorifics, and plenty that don't. It's dependent on the translator's style.
>>
>>16758842
It's heavily implied that everything here is opinion based, retard. I never claimed that any of my claims were facts. Any autist can try and devalue an opinion by asking for evidence in a situation where evidence is hard to get, then simply deny it in the case where evidence is provided, hence why most people won't bother. I was trying to make this clear by asking you for evidence in return, but there's no point because I'm speaking to fucking children.

>>16758849
It completely removed vital information from a significant scene.
>localisation decision which isn't the same as being inaccurate
Being a purposeful decision doesn't magically make it accurate. But I don't have evidence, so I guess I lose by default. Enjoy your translations.
>>
>>16758874
In that case, you accept that MG having dogshit translations is just your opinion, and that you have no evidence or solid reasoning for it, and therefore do not mind everyone ignoring you as being uninformed?
In that case, everything's all good. My mistake for thinking you were trying to say something factual with evidence. If I had known you were stating an unsourced opinion with no expectation of people taking it seriously, I would not have asked for any sources you don't have (and seemingly would rather die before finding/providing).
>>
Speaking of Mangagamer, the AB panel is scheduled for March 31st 9:30 EST
>>
Dies Irae's backer kit is out, if anyone cares.
>>
>>16759250
There was an update posted earlier about it. Even showing off new tapestry.
>>
Is Pygmalion even good?

Tokyo Babel but with girls?
>>
>>16760115
Both are all ages shit.
>>
File: 1461820142741.jpg (260 KB, 1080x1280)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>16760138
>>
>>16760138
I don't mind all ages and neither should you
>>
>>16760115
all-ages duke shit with bad translation and tons of technical problems.
>>
>>16760170
Pygmalion has some questionable pacing at times and some plot things that don't get explained. It's OK, but not great.

>>16760315
It's issues mostly tie to certain antivirus programs.Just shut it off before starting the VN and it's all good.

It's not even that Yuri. There are straight couples too and none of the girls ever even end up as a couple. Many Yuri fans think it didn't have enough Yuri.
>>
>>16760337
>and none of the girls ever even end up as a couple. Many Yuri fans think it didn't have enough Yuri
So it is Yuri bait?
>>
Sekai put up an update for LeyLine's completion. Seems they had another stretch goal they wanted during the campaign, but couldn't get it together in time (but they reached whatever the goal would have been so they are still planning it). Probably cost some on their final total though not to have it on time though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/a-clockwork-ley-line-a-visual-novel-trilogy/posts/1839047

>We're still working on confirming the last stretch goal, but we do know the amount raised is enough for it. We hope to share it soon!

>On the technical front the 1st game has entered QA. We'll be checking over every inch of the game to make sure it works well on PCs without Japanese fonts installed. We're also going to setup a greenlight campaign really soon for the 1st game.
>>
>>16760344
Pretty much. Some of the girls are obviously in love with MC, and the MC reciprocates one of them, but they're focused on the plot and nothing really comes of it.They pretty much acknowledge their feelings toward the end of the story, but universe reboot and now they just met again for the first time. Relationship back to square one, but Riko is brought up as "leaning a certain way", so it's obvious she's still into girls and seems interested in the MC still.
>>
>>16759250
They are up to about $4k extra through backerkit thus far, leaving them with about $228k. They very well may be able to reach the $240k goal, but the $300k seems well out of reach with the backerkit period closing in a month.
>>
>>16760573
>but universe reboot and now they just met again for the first time.
Hell, it's arguable that one of them isn't even the same person.
>>
>>16760841
It's funny that in the old world Girl A acted like she didn't have the right to talk to anyone other than Mina, but in the new world Girl A (which she is called at one point in true end) gets all of Mina's old relationships. Makes sense, since her and Mina used to be one person before they split into 2 people. They were still connected and shared emotions after that. Now Mina is the god of the new world and Girl A Mina can now go to school and make friends.
>>
https://twitter.com/FruitbatFactory/status/845346800366243846

Fruitbat Factory picked up Chuusotsu! 1st graduation for a $20k Kickstarter.
>>
Guessing that even if Fruitbat Factory is working with Studio Beast, their aversion to R18 content would put the breaks on it leading to a release of J.Q.V (or at least directly through them, as the PC release of Eiyuu*Senki is going through Jast instead).
>>
You guys probably have a better idea at this than I do. I'm trying to use the tools for extracting the scripts from Tsujidou-san. The readme says to run the archiver but I don't know how to direct and run a python script at a specific file. Idiot-proof instructions would be appreciated.
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 979x512)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>16761960
Have you tried using arc_unpacker? Is fairly simple to use.
>>
When was the last time a decent VN was translated into English?
>>
>>16761900
>all ages
>short
>kinetic
into the trash.
>>
>>16762068
Funbags for everyone
>>
>>16761900

In the prefundia, Fruitbat Factory says they'll release it regardless of if the Kickstarter succeeds, but despite that the main thing the Kickstarter is listed as funding is the localization. It also lists that the localization process has started, and it will have a late 2017 release.

Looking at tiers, all the tiers advertise both a DRM-free copy of the game, along with steam key. I'm guessing MG will eventually sell the title at release (as they usually do for Fruitbat titles), though I wonder if they'll have MG distribute the DRM-free version for backers.

It also has plenty of physical goods to make up higher priced tiers, including a physical copy of the OST, but it seems like nothing is planned for a physical copy of the game itself. They also seem to be using a Straw Poll to decide which character to have for the Dakimakura, which is an interesting way to decide seeing that it is $500 tier which won't get that many backers.
>>
>>16762041
Hey, it worked. Thank god it had instructions on how to add the CLI switch thingy. Thanks.
>>
File: c.jpg (881 KB, 1367x1751)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
It seems you EOP friends you're getting Chuusotsu.

In my opinion it's great and I hope you enjoy it. But I wouldn't be surprised it was divisive among its readers. Some people will definitely consider its message really banal.

Also someone might tell you the game only serves as an introduction to the world, which is true, yes, but it also contains a fully finished story arc for the protagonist Arue, so it's not unfinished or something.
>>
>>16762337
>All Ages
I don't think anyone cares
>>
>>16762477
Fair enough. Generally I dislike Reddit cucks who support censorship of games or only want to play non-H VNs, but Chuusotsu is a non-H game from the start and didn't feel lacking as such.
>>
>>16762068
Himawari
>>
>>16762496
All-ages all-girl cast is just weird. You can tell they went by the book for an eroge design, and then they cut the ero and routes and figured people will love the deep story.

If they want to sell me all-ages games, they could at least try and present them as non-sexual focused. With 50-50 men-women ratio. Heck, if it is any form of non-ero, it is probably more believable with a 70-30 men-women ratio.
>>
>>16762575
Considering the writer's previous game was JQV, it was a safe assumption that people will expect something similar (deep story) from Chuusotsu.
>>
https://twitter.com/liar_railsoft/status/845205907331989505
Apparently Yurirei will get a full voiced version.
>>
>>16762653
No Sakurai, no Mareni, re-releasing old titles is all Liar is now good for.
>>
>>16762653
I would think MG will pick it up in some way (DLC perhaps), considering how big of a hit the initial release was here.
>>
>>16761900
>prostitute heroine
>no sexual content
Huh?

Also, female MC, so the most there will be is Yuri subtext.
>>
>>16762337
Is it yuri?
>>
>>16762733
That's an end game spoiler. It's not one of the main three heroines, it's Kokoro, she's an adult, but since she's so small, she's forced to work as a relief worker for lolicons.

>>16762746
At most there are some implications about Arara possibly being lesbian and Arue calls it out.
>>
everything is bad.
>>
File: smug loli.png (910 KB, 1280x800)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>16762756
>he's forced to work as a relief worker for lolicons.
Picked up!
>>
>>16762337
I'm interested in it. What makes the message so banal, though?
>>
>>16762068
Since Fate Stay Night
>>
>>16762781
Nice spoiler tag. If it wasn't all ages kusoge which I'll never read, I'd actually be mad.
>>
>>16762955
It's the good old message about the need to interact with other people. I guess there's a clever twist to it. The game doesn't end where you'd normally expect it to and goes on to show that you shouldn't take things for granted.
>>
Hey Good Haro, use your Shigeo connection and get this on MG's localisation to-do list pls

https://vndb.org/v19684
>>
Chrono Clock seems to have had another decent week on Nutaku, generally remaining in the top spot while briefly falling behind new releases. Nevertheless, even if it has remained near the top, that probably means much less than prior weeks as it didn't have all that impressive of competition. It's a shame though we don't have any way to estimate what kind of sales it did on Nutaku beyond "better than anything else recent", as the sales for a title like Chrono Clock on Nutaku vs Steam is probably going to be important when Sekai is making licensing decisions (such as how much priority a R18 version is) down the road.
>>
I want the ghost of Elliot Rodger to run over Peter Payne with his BMW.
>>
>>16764824
Good luck, considering how new it is and it being through DMM, which has ties to Nutaku.
>>
>>16764824

Tbh Shigeo is the best thing about it. The first chapter is pretty interesting, and the second is all right, then it just turns kinda meh. I dropped it at ch 4/6. Just my opinion though
>>
I know that I'm the only one who likes Sugar's Delight, but fuck I love that VN so much.. Juust wish Chocolate's Delight would've become a thing, but it looks officially dead..
>>
>>16766425
I like detective stuff so I'll probablt still be able to eat it up
>>
Fatal Twelve managed to reach its goal of $35k. It still has more than 3 weeks left, so there is a decent chance it will be able to reach both stretch goals ($45k and $55k), although neither are all that interesting. Regardless, it is going to end up with a respectable total for the Kickstater of a still being developed doujin title


Separately, MG commented on their FB post about the panel that "None of our announcements for Anime Boston are hardcopies." Granted that doesn't mean all three of the announcements are new titles (could be another Drama CD, Kindred Spirits full voice, etc), but it seems that the Funbag Fantasy hardcopy isn't one of the three slots.
>>
>>16764824
I was looking at the CG for this the other day. It's really fucking good. The coloring is a lot more impressive compared to some of the other Shigeo works I've looked at.
>>
>>16767699
> but it seems that the Funbag Fantasy hardcopy isn't one of the three slots
I still see it being mentioned alongside the Gaiden announcement since it would make sense to.
>>
>>16767739
It's possible that they are saving the hardcopy announcement for Sakuracon or Anime Central. It's also possible that Gaiden won't be officially announced until later even though it was already leaked.

In any case, while at least one of the titles being a nukige is obvious, one of the titles are likely to be a sequel. That's probably Gaiden, but it could be Sengoku if they have a bigger Alicesoft game saved for AX/Otakon. It might also be something like Pastel Chime Continue which is technically a sequel, but you don't need to read the original.
>>
>>16767897
>Pastel Chime Continue
One can dream. Its most certainly another rance trash. Good alice soft's games never because of western shit taste.
>>
>>16767897
They could always announce the hard copy outside of a convention, like Ozmafia, Free Friends 2, and the reprint for Ef. Though there isn't much reason to hold onto the announcement for all that long since it is already known thanks to Waffle.
>>
>>16767897
I hope we get Evenicle or at least something without NTR from Alice-Soft.
>>
we need some wife swapping ntr

https://vndb.org/v14556
>>
Hello moenovel mike here ask away
>>
>>16768481

If you're going to roleplay for attention, moenovel's PR is done by a woman.

Also the thread's nearly dead.
>>
>>16768540
I am moenovel maria ask away




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.