[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: disgusting.jpg (15 KB, 1000x229)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Why do so many people ruin their SKS by putting crapco all over it? The SKS in its standard configuration is a very handsome rifle, don't taint it with rails and pistol grips.
>>
>ruin
I think you mean objectively improve, OP.
Go ahead, prove me wrong without saying "muh aesthetics!"
>>
>>35835957
Because people are too poor and stupid to afford an AK so they buy a cheaper SKS then waste money by Tapcoing it out instead of saving money to buy the AK they actually wanted in the first place.
>>
>>35835957
It's not about being handsome. It's about being tacticool. Also I think the tapco of the sks is declining since it's cheaper to buy an AR at this point.
>>
>>35835957
>no wood can be seen
Into the trash it go's
>>
dat ATI draghunov stock is sexy tho.
Kinda want one to make a fake dragunov and have it painted to look like a wood stock.
>>
>>35835975
>Because people are too poor and stupid to afford an AK

Where I live, an SKS and an entry-level AK are both ~$600.
>>
You can put it back how it was with, what, seven screws?
>>
>>35835962
For one, the fixed magazine is much more effective. I experimenting with tapco a few years back, and the main thing I remember is how often the mags wouldn't feed properly. Also, you can stab with the bayonet much more effectively with an original stock.
>>
>>35835962
>muh aesthetics
You say that as if it's ridiculous, but pretty much all polymer sks stocks with the exception of the monte carlo or whatever it's called are ugly as fuck.
>>
>>35836015
>muh bayonet
You're a retard if you think the SKS bayonet is worth using to begin with.
>muh magazine
It's not voodoo magic, dipshit. It's a box with springs that pushes rounds. If it doesn't work, find out why and fix it. Mine works fine.
>>
>>35836071
Spike bayonets are fine, what are you talking about?
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>35835957
I have a tapco stock but dont use the magazines because my sks was bought from a family friend that got 10 of them around 70$ back in the day. The wood is in way too good a condition to go out to the range with so I keep it sealed in an airtight bag like a complete autist while I mess around with the rifle.
>>
File: IMG_20171102_123314.jpg (1.73 MB, 3760x1764)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>
>>35836120
The wood on my chink sks is just fine, but if anything ever happens to it I will make my own identical stock and hand guard with my own lumber.
>>
>>35836130
I prefer leather slings myself, but what a sexy rifle.
>>
File: IMAG2312.jpg (1.8 MB, 2688x1520)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
>>35835962
e d g y
>>
>>35835962
If you think you can improve on battle proven designs by adding rails and pistol grip, why don't you go work for a weapons manufacturer?
>>
>>35836161
>battle proven
>rifle that was in service for two seconds before being shit on by the AK, something which in fact had rails and a pistol grip
Hilarious.
>>
>>35836173
you got memed bud
>>
>>35836173
>ak had rails
not until porky capitalist aftermarket accessory makers got their hands on it, you are also forgetting that the SKS was used extensively in Vietnam, and to great effect.
>>
>>35836180
>MERELY PRETENDING
>>
File: not_samefag.png (24 KB, 1085x497)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>35836217
>>
>>35836230
Were you trying to convey some sort of point, or just being even more retarded?
>>
>>35836245
You're saying that the anon who said "you got memed bud" is me, and the image I posted proves otherwise. Porky.
>>
File: IMG_1618.jpg (28 KB, 248x450)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>35836173
You forget other countries adopted the sks and used them in battle?
>>
>>35835957
The final word on this was written by the great, lamentably absent, Ivan Chesnokov:

>OH JESUS ON A STICK THIS RIFLE IS BAD. WHO WOULD DO THIS THING TO SIMONOV KARBIN? RIFLE WAS FINE BEFORE STUPID AMERICAN BUBBA PUT UGLY PLASTIC PARTS ON. IS BASICALLY SAME AS DIGGING UP CORPSE OF SERGEI SIMONOV TO GAY RAPE IN FRONT OF CRYING DAUGHTER. I KNOW IS ONLY TYPE OF YUGOSLAV COPY BUT STILL IS DESIGN OF GREAT SIMONOV SISTEMA. PLEASE TO REMOVE STUPID SHIT OF BULL FROM RIFLE AT ONCE.

>EVEN IF IS ONLY VERSION OF SIMONOV KARBIN MADE BY CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY YOU MUST NOT URGE TO PUT DUMB PLASTIC ON. BAD WEAPON OF RELATIVELY WEAK CHINA ARMY IS STILL BETTER THAN DUMB AMERICAN BUBBA TRYING TO MAKE CHEAP COPY OF UGLY PLASTIC EUGENE STONER RIFLE. LEAVE AS SIMONOV DESIGNED. IS BETTER THAN WHAT YOU CAN MAKE.

Ivan, if you're reading this, please come back.

We need you.
>>
>>35836282
Memes that age like milk.
>>
>>35836087
Bayonets are the longest running meme in gun history
Even in close combat you’re always better off shooting someone
They thought bayonets were outdated since the invention of cartridges but the eternal fudd logic kept them around

And If you’re out of ammunition you should just vacate the area instead of throwing your life away
>>
>>35836317
>t. bubba
>>
File: beautifulbubba.jpg (315 KB, 2352x1568)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>
>>35836245
MOLON LABE
>>
File: sick_frog.png (836 KB, 760x706)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
>>35836371
>wood stock with polymer mag
>>
>>35836132
I wish I knew how to work with wood
T. Suburbs fag so I dont have a forest to chop wood
>>35836270
i dont get this mene why is bugs fat
>>
File: 20171107_193721.jpg (1.37 MB, 2560x950)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>35836130
>>
>>35835957
Because once upon a time America had more of them then what they knew what to do with and you could seriously buy them for like $99, often less.

At those prices, a lot of people probably thought it would be really cool to have something vaguely like an AK for not too much money. A lot of these people were poorfags.

>>35835962
Railmount isn't worth it, too fucking far forward for an optic, the pseudo detachable magazines are inconsistent, and the stock is kind of chintzy.

I think if you wanted to make an SKS a more practical rifle that isn't retarded, I'd just put one in a regular curved rifle stock out of plastic, fit some peep sights on the rear of the receiver, and call it a day. Maybe try bedding the stock a bit to see if accuracy could be improved, but it'd probably be a losing battle.
I like bayonets so it stays.

>>35835979
Yeah, you don't find rows of boxes with SKS barrels peeking out of them anymore, you'd be lucky to find one for under $350

I think that's still an acceptable price for people who actually want them though.

>>35836209
>what is Zenitco
Also Capitalism rules.
>>
>>35836317
I like Ivan, but people who try to ape his style are just the worst.

It's like a teenager quoting Dave Chappelle. Gee, do tell me about how you saw his Rick James bits.
>>
>>35835996

>tfw you got a Chinese surplus SKS 13 years ago for $150
>>
>>35835957
In 10 or 20 years they will all be deemed fudds and bubbas who destroyed rare milsurp
>>
>>35835957
Because they're dumb. Most aftermarket accessories suck, you can get lucky but most of the time you gotta do either file work or shim work to make it decently.

I know the sks isn't some sub moa gun, but most aftermarket stocks fit so loose your lucky to have a 1ft group at 100 yards. Most of the detachable mags are so fucking trash out of the box, the metal ones need to be filed to fuck and the polymer ones never seat right. Some you can't use clips with either. Not only that because the way the gun was designed you can't detach and attach a mag faster than you can slap a 10 round clip into it. You end up slower than with clips even if you can get 30 rounds to feed flawlessly.

It's like putting body kits and fart cans and wings on a honda. People have a habit of wanting to turn something they have into something 'better' but they just ruin it.

Only worthwhile aftermarket mod I've seen is receiver cover mounted rails. And even then specific kinds. Most are garbage for holding zero, the best I've seen is the ones that are covers themselves, but only if they fit right.
>>
File: 1496509715787.jpg (8 KB, 276x277)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>35836979
>lolol I got "x" for "y" amount of money "z" years ago, you guise paying such crazy prices

I still can't believe people are still being this type of asshole

Have you been living under a fucking rock and do not know what inflation and demand is?
>>
>>35836325
Bayonets aren't a meme. They are a psychological weapon, as well. Not many people die in a bayonet charge, because no one wants to get stabbed with one. Most people would also have a natural aversion to killing, especially as gruesomely and intimate as a close quarter, bladed kill.

I suggest you google the book, "On killing," and read the part about bayonet charges.
>>
File: IMG_2990-348534.jpg (45 KB, 539x657)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
It's like liberalism: it's a disease. I had one of these people telling me taurus revolvers were better than s&w/ruger and that it was logical to dump $300 into a $99 mosin to mount a scope/bend bolt handle/new stock. I spent 10 minutes trying to change their mind but to no avail.
>>
>>35836723
Oh god it makes me fucking cringe every time I hear that shit.
>>
bump
>>
>>35838041
>unironically recommends, "On Killing."

dude... google anything that rejected any of his source material or that addresses the book itself
>>
>just bent my firing pin trying to put the pin that holds the bolt together back in place

NOW I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE
>>
>>35835957
they live in a ban state
>>
>>35836015

This. I desperately need to find a fixed mag, although bizarrely the Tapco 20-rounders my SKS came with when I saved it from Bubba work mostly fine so long as you don't load more than ten rounds in.
>>
>>35841397
Get a rubber mallet and whack it back flat
I had a small metal shard get into the bolt face and bend my firing pin to hell, wouldn't work even after removing the shard, so I beat it back into shape with a mallet and it works fine now
>>
>>35842006
I can't even get the retaining pin out of the bolt right now, I'll have to put it in a vice tomorrow and get the pin out with pliers.
>>
>>35835975

Nah, the SKS is important because ban states
>>
>>35835957
There was a time when buying a milsurp rifle and $200 worth of shitty plastic aftermarket parts was still significantly cheaper than buying a basic AR. Now that this is no longer true, the only people who’ll still do that are ultra-retards who fall for memes that are years out of date. The cheap AR has saved many antique guns from destruction at the hands of bubbas.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.