[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Standard_GreenBlack_3.jpg (79 KB, 955x600)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
pic unrelated

Is it possible to transform an AK-47 (or something of that sort) into something close to a sniper rifle? I live in a country where it`s hard to get a gun legally and automatic weapons are a no-no, though i can get my hands on an AK through some people.

My question is, what parts can I replace / make myself (like the wooden stock) and is it possible to transform AK-47 into some kind of sniper rifle? I would like to hear a yes or no, and why not. Tips are welcome.
I`m afraid that it wont be too accurate tho but im not an expert on this thats why im asking you guys.

another question is, why people think .22 is bad? if i shoot someone in the head he will die anyways, am i right? (pic related)
>>
>>35836321
fuck off muhammad /atf
>>
File: FB_IMG_1505975887878.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>35836321
Just put it on semi auto, also nice try fbi
>>
File: svd.jpg (33 KB, 600x300)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>35836321
>>
>>35836335
fgt im not sandfag.

but i do need this info, europoor faget here
>>
>>35836368
looks like a dragunov, how possible is it to make that from an ak-47?
>>
>>35836392
Look up the PSL. It's a Romanian clone of the SVD based on the RPK, which is the LMG version of the AKM.
>>
>>35836392
you see comrade, make the rifle longer to shoot further
>>
>>35836321
go back to syria muhammad they have plenty of sniper rifles there
>>
>>35836448
nice bait, leave my thread.
>>
>>35836455
bad shitpost, leave my country.
>>
>>35836432

>PSL
>SVD
>RPK
>AKM

bruh, i can get my hands on like AK-47 and im no weapon expert to understand what you just said. ill google it though but.. my resources are limited, and AK-47 costs around 4000 euros here (from sources available to me), i cant be picky and ask them to get me a sniper rifle, thats too expensive mate.
>>
>>35836432
i get it, so if i make a dragunov like stock and somehow extend the barrel, put a scope on it, it will sort of work that way? or is it more complicated
>>
Get me a "sniper rifle"
Get the fuck out
>>
>>35836532

i come here for advice since i never had need for that shit before. i know im fag, sorry.
>>
>>35836504
A sniper rifle is any rifle you snipe with. An AK is good enough to reliably snipe out to 300 yards. What I don't understand is why a sniper rifle is more expensive than an ak for you. A bolt action rifle in .308 should be cheaper than an ak, and you'll get groups that are less than 1" at 100 yards with a good optic and practice.
>>
>>35836564
thats only what i assumed in my mind. you might be right actually. if it turns out to be cheaper then thats great.
>>
>>35836550
I have no problem with the name
Just give us more details on what u looking for
This is like going to ikea and saying give me furniture
>>
>>35836432
PSL is not a clone of the SVD idiot. Leave and never post agian.
>>
>>35836598

i tried to reply but my post dont go off. basically i need to make multiple precise shots in a short period of time. months in preperation for that.
>>
>>35836673
Qasnt so hard
Now define fucking multiple and precise
>>
Also range and conditions
>>
>>35836321

> We're going to make an AK sniper rifle.
>>
File: Romanian PSL 78875.jpg (38 KB, 618x377)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>
>>35836690
precise enough to not accidentaly shoot my friend. precise enough to lay 3-4 people down, probably moving.
conditions: he is probably going to be shot at so i must do this shit fast. range approx 150 meters.
>>
>>
HEY ATF LOOKY HERE CHINK OP WANTS TO KILL HIS PRESIDENT.
>>
>>35836739
Is just a Zastava M76. Stuff like this is of little use to OP anyway on his assassination plot.
>>
>>35836735
Try to get a good semi auto
A bolt action wouldt be good for multiple follow up shoots
>>
>>35836786
so, in theory an AK could still do the thing?
>>
>>35836520
>i get it, so if i make a dragunov like stock and somehow extend the barrel, put a scope on it, it will sort of work that way? or is it more complicated
if you could do all that you could just build a whole gun from scratch.
>>35836858
in theory it could in reality youd throw away almost the whole gun and spend 5 times as much replacing parts instead of just buying what you wanted to begin with
>>
>>35836858
Should be
Get a good position (elevated would be better)
A decent scope (dont overdue it even ironsigths would be enough)
A bipod would be nice if u know u will be able to use it
Dont go fucking full auto semi is what u want for accuracy and dont rush it
If u have time make your first shot a headshot then just go center of mass
>>
>>35836905
thanks, wouldnt have thought of a bipod,
these tips will certainly help me out.

>If u have time make your first shot a headshot then just go center of mass
thats kind of what i am trying to go for
>>
>>35836321
>slightly obfuscated troll post, but not too much
Not to shabby OP.

Probably not. Most AKs are good enough for hits on man sized targets out to 300m so if that sufficiently fulfills the concept for you then just get one with a side scope mount and slap some glass on there. The overall design and the typical execution isn't very good for accuracy, and while you could improve on it by replacing the barrel(just takes a 12 ton press and some tools...), replacing the receiver with a stiffer/reinforced one, and BCG/other shit with oversized parts and then hand fitting them to a professional degree and probably end up with a fairly accurate gun you would effectively be building a new gun at that point... Better to just go through the hassle and buy a "hunting" rifle legally instead if printing groups or actual accuracy is what you're after. OTOH if you know somebody who can get you a Tabuk, M76, Tigr, or Dragunov those are a reasonable in between, but they're quite rare on the extra legal markets compared to AKMs.

If you must do things under the table then id probably consider building a tube rifle. Some parts can likely be acquired legally without arousing too much suspicion and the rest may be made by various machinists. some might be vague enough to not arouse suspicion and maybe some "friend" of a friend who owes favors can help with the more obvious ones. That'd largely depend on how well connected you are and where you live though.

as for the .22, that is typically true(you'd be surprised...) when it comes to real people in real situations things aren't so simple. Can you honestly reliably hit a sprinting man in the head at 10+m while moving yourself? if you can then you might consider changing professions to competitive shooting. When it comes to putting butts in seats with a less than ideal hit .22 is notably worse than common handgun rounds, which honestly already suck at that job to begin with. Typically stopping people is the goal, not killin
>>
>>35836673
Look down! see the shark?!?!
>>
>>35837152
what do you mean?
>>
>>35836321
Yes, but you need a lot of ammunition, a lot of time, a scope mount, and a scope. And also perhaps a match barrel.
>>
you won't hit anything with an AK at 150m without serious practice, don't they tell you this at FBI/ATF training?
>>
Just wear a mudslime costume and drive a truck into them.
>>
>>35837208
this
you will need some serious practice to make decent shoots
also practice under stress if u plan to shoot in less than ideal conditions
>>
>>35837248
how do i practice under stress though?
>>
File: 1510446896907.jpg (14 KB, 318x166)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
muhammad, who do you plan on shooting? Why will you have multiple running targets? Why do you need quick follow up shots?
>ffs it's a raghead paddock
>>
>>35837551
fuck off retard
>>
File: 1485917600607.jpg (18 KB, 269x247)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
this is now the quick question that doesnt deserve a thread thread

what is pic related for?, found on new polymer magazines
>>
>>35837905
Marking initials, round indication (so you don't accidentally shoot expensive HP or something), or fun. Just paint in those dimples and it won't rub away.
>>
>>35837905
To number your magazines
>>
>>35837905
Dot matrix for labeling mags
>>
bad move Muhammad
have you done your daily prayers?
>>
File: bayonet_scabbard.jpg (21 KB, 576x144)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>35838015
>>35838021
>>35838026
thanks.
in pic related what is the bent wire at top of the scabbard for? i assume it interfaces with some other sort of equipment or just used to tie it to things?
>>
>>35836368
SVD =/= AK

They look the same, but are very different internally.
>>
>>35836714
while i touch your children
>>
No. The closest thing you could really ever get is something like a Tabuk, which is not exactly an ideal "sniper rifle"
>>
>>35838123
goes in the holes
>>
>>35836321
>AK-47
no such thing
>>
>>35839081
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

whats this then?
>>
>>35836739
>>35836720
>>35836368
PSL's are not even close to SVD's.
>>
>>35839174
>https://en.wiki
discarded
>>
>>35839685
>disguarded because I want to be contrarian
>(you)
>>
>>35839685
whats your problem, faggot?
>>
Basically all you can easily do yourself is to attach a magnifying optic to the ak's side rail and possibly look for a freefloat rail, basic bitch ak's aren't really made with extreme accuracy in mind but there's really no reason an ak couldn't be a 1 moa rifle with a thick freefloat barrel and maybe barrel extension and bolt that are fitted together with the barrel by a gunsmith.
>>
Something about your post seems off. Better report you to the FBI as a possible terrorist. Also, sage.
>>
>>35836321
Just pass your hunting license, get a good bolt action rifle in .308 or .30-06 and a scope. VoilĂ , you'll be the closest to a sniper rifle as you can.

The AK isn't designed to be a sniper rifle, period. It was designed from the start to be an assault rifle. 7.62x39mm caliber is also absolutely not adapted for sniping.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.