[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hqdefault.jpg (44 KB, 480x360)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What's your thought on prepping? Good precaution or stupid paranoia?

I've been wanting to stock supplies for at least 30 days for a while, have a bug out bag, stuff for trade, etc. I got into reading about the Siege of Sarajevo, and with tensions growing worldwide it's good to be prepared.

What do you guys have stocked?
>>
>>36072548
>30 days
you are like a baby
even the government/red cross recommends 2 week supply of everything you could ever need.
but its a good start to begin figuring out what you really need
>>
>>36072563
>2 weeks
>less than 30 days
I am not understanding your suggestions.
>>
>>36072563
I can't really stock more than that in my tiny ass apartment.
>>
>>36072548
I keep a box of MREs and extra ammo at home. Plan is to go to a mates house(only guy with a basement because high water table) and barricading in. He is armed to the teeth and has a constantly stocked pantry and his own case of MREs and gear.

I don't fully subscribe to the prepper meme, but I'm not about to be fucked over by dismissing it as a meme. I feel I have done what is practical without throwing a few grand and what will most likely be a non-issue.
>>
>>36072579
its hardly more then what people who aren't 'prepping' are advised to have
>>
File: 1509564214995.gif (1.83 MB, 288x377)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>36072584
>preps for SHTF
>in an apartment
>>
If you live in a decent part of the US (ie not an inner city slum or below sea level in the middle of Hurricane Alley) you will most likely never, ever need to prep for anything and it's a waste of money. That said, if you want to stockpile food or something, you really only need to stockpile like a week's rations. If you can't figure out how to hunt and fish and farm for your food you deserve to die anyways during the Happening. And if you live in the city and aren't able to hunt and whatnot, chances are you don't have the room to stockpile month's worth of food anyways.

Furthermore, most of the sites that sell that prepper food are fucking rip-offs taking advantage of Cletuses who don't know any better. If you break it down, you're paying like a 300% premium for food that tastes like shit and only has a shelf life of a few years anyways. Some people have parties where they eat all the stuff that's about to expire but it doesn't change the fact you're paying out the ass for shit food.

>tl;dr
Learn how to hunt, fish, and farm. Learn how to preserve your own food (salting, smoking, jarring, pickling, etc.). Spend the money you would spend on overpriced plastic food learning these skills and you will outlive the vast majority of casual-tier preppers who are really only buying peace of mind.
>>
>>36072591
Most realistic SHTF for me would be a flood or race riots, in which case hunkering down for a month should be plenty.
>>
>>36072584
water is the hard one when space is limited, everything else is relatively small
>>
File: 1498579129035.jpg (25 KB, 552x539)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>36072548
>prepping to have food for 30 days at home
> bug out bag
>>
>>36072607
I'm thinking 6x24 half liter bottles, plus 4x25 liter water containers to fill up before the water cuts out.

I'm only one person.
>>
>>36072596
>a shelf life of a few years anyways.
lurn 2 freezedry
>>
>>36072619
don't forget the bathtub and sink
>>
>>36072657
Only have a shower and a dirty ass sink, hence the containers.
>>
>>36072615
Different situations call for different measures.
>>
>>36072619
If storage space is an issue, you could easily double or triple the amount of water containers you have on hand if you got bags instead of bottles or jugs. Might cost a bit more, but it makes it easier on you for prepping in a small space.
>>
>>36072664
can save your food neatly in those big ass rubbermaid tubs and when shit starts empty them and put the tub in your shower to fill, would be perfect for utility water for washing and sanitation
>>
>>36072690
Neat. Any brand recommendations?
>>
>>36072698
Another great idea. Thanks.
>>
bump
>>
>>36072620
Most prepper food shit isn't freeze dried, and it doesn't change my argument anyways. You're better off learning how to actually survive on your own than relying on supplies from an outside source which is, inherently, unreliable in the case SHTF.
>>
>>36072709
https://www.ready.gov/be-informed

give this a look over if you haven't seen it before. its a nice place for info in one place on about anything that can ever happen, its only missing civil unrest/riots but i doubt they would ever add that just read between the lines and you get the idea of what you need to have for your situation
>>
>>36072833
>Most prepper food shit isn't freeze dried
ok
>>
>>36072657
>>36072664
and the water heater

with the right water filters (Berkey, Sawyer, or Survivor Filter--avoid that LifeStraw junk) it is all drinkable, but you can also use it for bathing, washing dishes, and so on

there's also a $20ish one-use bladder you can get for the bathtub if you are around hurricanes or where you have time to prep for the disaster while the water is working/clean, called the WaterBOB

you need lots of water
>>
>>36072854
It's not. Yeah, there are some brands that are but they're even more expensive. And it STILL doesn't change my argument. By relying on a third party to provide you with your food, you are inherently setting yourself up for failure. You need to learn how to do this shit on your own. It's cheaper, for starters, but much more importantly it means you won't die when you can't get access to stuff like you used to be able to.

If some inner-city soy boy stocks up on a month's worth of food and thinks he's safe, great. Now what happens if the Happening goes on for two months? Oh, he's dead, because he didn't bother to learn how to actually grow and obtain his own food and suddenly Amazon stopped working when the bombs fell and he couldn't get his astronaut ice cream delivered to his doorstep.
>>
>>36072657
>>36072879
forgot to mention earlier the back of the toilet has a small supply of clean water aswell though i wouldnt drink it without treating and filtering it's fine for sanitation which saves your potable water for drinking
>>
File: k153503_nutnfancy.png (101 KB, 320x240)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
Gear check guise
>>
>>36072833
>>36072596
>hunt, fish, and farm
I'm not saying that isn't useful, and that you shouldn't learn it, but during the Great Depression, when far fewer people lived in America, hunting quickly became nonviable due to the number of people adding Bambi to the stew pot. Hell, deer were practically driven extinct within certain counties. Hunting/fishing/trapping are not reliable ways to get food either, as someone who has done a lot of the first 2. Farming and animal husbandry are more reliable, but those are just as susceptible to disruption as just having a stockpile or few of food. The correct answer is doing all of the above, because then you aren't starving while setting up your trap line or when you don't see anything that day's hunt. It also lets you hunker down for a length of time without going out, which might be exceedingly valuable. Something else to keep in mind is that learning to hunt and fish are great skills (and a ton of fun), but if you are needing to harvest game just to eat and to hell with the laws, there are much, much more effective ways to do that than what you can legally practice now. Setting up salt licks or some grain as bait for hunting (nearby your home so you don't have to haul the meat very far), illegally effective nets across streams, a car battery or old crank phone with a wire stuck into a pond, explosions into a pond, etc. You do these today and you'll be fined or in jail. But those are how you maximize your return from the time it takes to harvest game.

Or let's talk farming/gardening. You now have an obvious source of food for people to steal. If you want to make it not so obvious, you can discreetly scatter seeds for non-obvious food sources (like carrots or certain types of onions/radishes/beets, etc) throughout your yard. But this makes your yard look shitty, again hard to do in advance. Local edible "decorative" or weed plants that people don't know they can eat are a possible workaround (dandelions are very edible).
>>
>>36073024
Potato box bext box
>>
Anyone know where to get a decent CBRN suit online from a site that ships internationally?
>>
>>36073111
Not if people go "oh shit that nigga got him some taters imma dig that shit up"

I feel like potatoes are one of those plants that you shouldn't count on people not identifying.

The box lets people know they are special anyways. Special means they might be food, especially if they have no pretty flowers.

Also people are gonna notice that you're always out there eyeballing those plants even without the box. Potato bugs will rape your plants to leafless stems in a matter of days if you aren't vigilant, and then no taters for you.

Potatoes have a lot of great qualities for a survival plant (lots of calories per acre, underground crop for keeping it less obvious/less pest prone/frost resistant) but they are not a panacea.
>>
>>36073125
For what purpose? Do you realize just how much in the way of logistics is required to make those suits actually worth your time?
>>
>>36073158
>no farms
>no hunts
>no nothing you cannot prepare you are not allowed do not defend your things ever just starve and die, you.
>>
>>36073168
Yes. Trained with them in the military.
>>
File: PA060002.png (937 KB, 530x1024)
937 KB
937 KB PNG
>>36072548
One should always be minimally ready in case something screwed up should happen.
>>
>>36073276

Simplistic. I like it.

Just add in a bottle of stool softeners and maybe a few Chef Boyardee's for special days.
>>
>>36073188
me
>hunting is not as easy as you think it is and has its own problems
>potato boxes aren't necessarily a good idea

you
>NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU WILL DIE

For fuck's sake, anon. I told you a viable method. Work on ways to gather and raise food that 1) don't require you to leave your home for great lengths of time 2) aren't obvious to your neighbors or passers-by, AND 3) store food

If SHTF in the winter, food is gonna be hard to raise or gather, period. Unless you have chickens or rabbits or something already being raised, you won't be getting crops unless you have a greenhouse that everyone will be eyeballing, you won't be gathering wild greens, and wild animals are much harder to come by--and going out in the cold and snow takes a lot more of your energy too.

Having a month, or two months, or longer of stored food on-hand would be a huge help then, wouldn't it? Give you some time that your energy levels will still be high to adjust to the situation, so you can change habits and routines, and plan your next steps without a constant hunger distracting you. If going out is exceedingly dangerous due the outside situation, you have the option to hunker down without going hungry. You also have the option to help out people around you who need food as well, immediately, if you so chose. Group cooperation is one of those things key to survival in any really nasty situation. If you thought you were going to lone-wolf it, think again. And having a bit of food to share is a way to make your neighbors grateful and appreciative of you. That SHTF situation might only last a week, but thanks to you someone's kids were able to eat. You think they own't remember that? Or that if you're helping their kids eat right the fuck now instead of "well if/when I find a deer", that they won't be more able to assist you with whatever skills they may possess?
>>
>>36073276
This is like one of those "sad battlestations"
>>
>>36073208
Me too. Then you should
1) never want to wear the fucking things again
2) realize that they are very much an unlikely needed item for civilians
3) realize that having the full logistics for them (advanced warning of chemical attack, decon station, scrubbers, detection paper, filter supply, replacement suits since those only are good for 1-2 days themselves if undamaged) is a huge amount of money to be spent
>>
>>36073314
I'd rather have one than not have one, to be honest.

One day is a lot of time to be able to move in a CBRN scenario.
>>
>>36073208
I think what he was trying to say is that in the event you would actually use one, you'd be kind of stuck where you are with no feasible way out. Now say you do get to somewhere safe from CBRNE agents, how are you going to scrub your suit before removing it so you don't just negate everything? Not to mention how many mask cartridges will be "enough".
>>
>>36073337
How are you getting the warning to put yours on?

How are you evacuating in the situation of a chemical attack, where the roads are likely to be blocked off by traffic or by government roadblock, and where you will immediately stand out in your MOPP gear?
>>
>>36073352
>>36073379
Okay, points made.

Frankly, yeah, I hated the fucking thing.
>>
>>36073382
Jesus look at all those film boxes what is this 82?
>>
>>36073393
Dude, I hated the fucking things too. I was good at getting my shit on quick, but man did they suck to wear.

I mean, did you know the air force has 3-5 people die in an average year from MOPP-induced heatstroke during exercises? Usually it's maintainers on a hot and sunny flight line having to haul ass, not enough time for water breaks, and they limit how many times you can lift your mask up to get a bit of air (3 a day I think) without an article 15 if you're caught.

Can't imagine having to wear that shit during Desert Storm where the heat and sun is already a killer.
>>
>>36073382
for what purpose
>>
>>36072585
This. I think prepping to the point where you have enough food and water to feed an entire NYC apartment complex for a year is pointless and a waste of space and money. I'd rather have enough MRE for a month or so and water/water purifying system. A nice sized garden is a good touch too if you know how to grow food and the shtf situation doesn't entail the soil being ruined. Whenever I would watch those doomsday prepper shows I couldn't help but think how much of a target they'd be should anyone nearby be desperate.
>>
File: Lone_survivor_kronar.jpg (215 KB, 760x596)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>36072563
>but its a good start to begin figuring out what you really need
I think regardless of my stance on this, including any infrastructure collapses(i.e flood destroyers some central bridge)
I think that this is the right idea.
If you don't know what you need, you will never be ready. Even for something like post Xmas shopping, with a small budget.

Doesn't even matter if its fuel, having a wooden stove, a wood storage, spare water, or just a few days worth of canned food.
Or spare car parts, or extra lacquer to coat the underbelly of said automobile. Or extra WD40/55-6 or anything, because squeaking is a bitch.
>>
>>36072548
>Good precaution or stupid paranoia?

Depends. How do you feel about having a spare tire for your car, or a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, or a first aid kit? If you have any of those things, you’re a prepper.
>>
>>36073445
Do you have the chemicals, paper and generator to develop and print all your film?
>>
>>36073447
Well ideally you'd be on good terms with the people nearby and be helping each other out.

Having that much food stored seems fine to me IF you've discreetly cached a bunch of it outside your home in a way that makes it hard for pests or weather to destroy. That way even if you have local authorities confiscate supplies, or your house burns down, or you are forced to leave it for a while for any reason, you haven't lost everything you put aside.
>>
>>36072596
>hunt, fish, and farm
There are 300 million humans and less than several million deer dip shit
>>
>>36073642
>every Cletus with a durr rifle is going to be trying to bag a deer for the pot
>"OP ur so stoopid y aren't u doing that too"
>>
>>36072664
>dirty ass sink
clean your shit fag, hygiene is one of the most important things to maintain in shtf

seriously, you'll probably die of an ass infection sooner than a bullet
>>
>>36072584
The floorspace under your bed is custom made for stashing supplies. Rubbermaid even makes totes profiled for under bed storage. As far as water goes, get about 4 flats of bottled water. Stack them in a closet somewhere. That’s enough water to survive on for a month. It won’t be fun, and you’re not going to be fit for anything strenuous, but you’ll live. Augment that with water collected from other sources and you’re doing ok. Get set up to filter and purify water, and learn how to make a solar still.

While you’re at it, start practicing small scale gardening. See what you can grow in the square footage of your balcony.
>>
>>36072548

Imo, taking it too seriously is a waste of money, but it doesn't hurt to have a 30 day supply and know where you would go.
>>
>>36073125
For escape purposes, a Tyvek suit with an impermeable outer coating will meet your needs. Pair it with a full face respirator equipped with multigas cartridges that have an OV/AG rating an a P100 prefilter. Match this up with nitrile gloves, rubber boots, and a separate Tyvek hood/cape. All of that might give you the 15 minutes you need to get out of the contaminated area. You’ll also need to spend the $500 or so on a 40 hour HAZWOPER class so you actually know what you’re doing with all of that stuff.
>>
>>36073276
Invest in some kind of drum for the water. You don't wanna leave it sitting in plastic bottles long term.
>>
>>36072548
It's good. Just get a few fuckhuge bags of rice and beans, no need to overthink this. Don't even need a zombie apocalypse/war/whatever for it to come in handy, can be helpful even for mundane things like losing your job or other financial stresses, straight up to things that happen all the time like a floods/storm/earthquake knocking out power for a while, civil unrest making travel ill-advised, things that happen literally every day around the world and in the US.

Also, buy bone in meat. Chuck that shit in a with beans. Enjoy amazing flavor.
>>
>>36073642
hunt humans?
>>
>>36074402
Chemicals from the cheap plastics they use will leech into the water
>>
>>36074401
>Just get a few fuckhuge bags of rice and beans, no need to overthink this.
Good way to get mice/bugs eating your food or moisture ruining it. Better is to seal it up in mylar bags with oxygen removers. If you seal your stuff in gallon bags you can fill a larger 5-gallon bucket with them and have a convenient size to take out and use without opening up the whole bucket worth at once. You've still got a few other steps to take if you want to keep it pest free, because mice will chew even through metal if they smell food (and even through the mylar, they can, though it's not certain if they smell the food itself or exterior residue on the bags from people packing it). There's a lot of techniques for trapping them or preventing them from getting at the food worth looking into. I heard mothballs seem to work pretty well for either masking the scent or keeping the mice repelled. There are a couple easy tricks for bugs too like using diatomaceous earth.

It actually doesn't take that long or cost that much once you decide to do it, though I put it off for a while initially because it seemed like so much effort.
>>
>>36073642
wont take long for there to be far fewer humans if it goes full scale, just hope the deer arent made extinct before the purge of them ends and they will bounce back in a couple years. probably live off squirrels, rats, and trash fish till then
>>
>>36072596
>waste of money.
>stocking up on things you uses regularly
>somehow a waste of money
there is a lot of retardation here
>>
>>36072701
You could repurpose hanging shower bags. They will have an easy way to get the water out and tougher than zip lock.
>>
>>36072690
Sounds like a good way to get a leak.
>>
File: dotr.png (467 KB, 816x684)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
If you spend all of your money on prepping for when the sun collides with the earth, then you are dumb. But having extra things around isn't dumb.
>>
>>36072548
Depends how you about it in my opinion. It's only smart to have the resources to withstand shitty situations but if you spend a significant amount of time every day and obsess over highly unlikely scenarios you're a bit nuts.
>>
File: IMG_1440.jpg (476 KB, 1080x810)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>36072596
>prepper food

Well there's your problem right there. You know you can just keep 30 days worth of normal, non-perishable food stocked by just eating it and replenishing it at a set rate right? t's not hard at all to always have 30 or so days worth on hand without having to stress about it all going bad at once. Especially if you get into canning and preserving.
>>
>>36074932
>Well there's your problem right there. You know you can just keep 30 days worth of normal, non-perishable food stocked by just eating it and replenishing it at a set rate right?

That's not fun, though. It's also more work.

The reason people become "preppers" is the same reason people stockpile six thousand rounds of 5.56: it's fun! Buying shit, organizing it on shelves, and feeling like you're ready for an adventure or a disaster is a fun thing that people get into, and it's easy to justify the expenditure because technically it has a practical purpose.
>>
>>36072548
Only a fat American cunt would think an entire fucking room of food would only last a month. Any normal person could live for 3-4 months comfortably on that.
>>
File: 1512419808177.gif (912 KB, 252x252)
912 KB
912 KB GIF
>>36075293
>>
File: 1447708319947.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>36072943
you're not wrong, but people in general vastly underestimate how difficult it is to be completely self-sufficient food wise. You need a lot more space/energy/time than most people realize.

A vegetable garden in the backyard is a nice step, but that's a long way from getting a balanced 2400~ calories every day. Unless you live in the legit 'country' on some quality land you aren't feasibly going to be able to live like that
>>
>>36075404
They also don't realize that it's hard to do enough garden for 2400 calories a day when you don't have gas for a tiller, the ability to go buy seed, or the ability to get chemical fertilizers or pesticides
>>
>>36074429
This guy is a fucking idiot don't listen to this jew. Plastic bottles are perfectly safe
>>
>>36075489
https://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/134196209/study-most-plastics-leach-hormone-like-chemicals

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/bpa-chemical-plastics-leach-polycarbonate-drinking-bottles-humans/

Wow, look at how wrong you are.
Go suck-start a shotgun faggot and stop peddling lies.
The gall of some people, accusing you of lying or jewery when they themselves couldn't be more wrong and are promoting harmful information. Disgusting.
>>
>>36075489
Idiot. I guess cancer and xenoestrogens are better than immediate death from dehydration but you are wrong.
>>
>>36072548
It’s good to keep a week or so worth of food and water stored in case of emergency. Anything beyond that is a waste.
>>
>>36072584
I have several 5 gal water storage bags. In case of anything kicking off, they get filled from the faucet through a water filter. An hour should be more than enough to collect all the water needed.
>>
>>36075541
>cites NPR
>claims to not be a jew
Sure.
>>
>>36075676
Why not just fill them ahead of time and toss the appropriate amount of bleach in?
>>
>>36075729
>can't handle first two links from google
>pathetic attempts at damage control
shoo, shoo bottled water jew
>>
>>36075734
Small apartment. Why would I want 100 gallons taking away space that I barely have?
>>
>>36072584
Get a tube bag and learn how to drain your hot water tank.

Water, water, water is the first second and third thing you need.

Don't believe? Go ask a Puerto Rican or a Houstonfag.
>>
learn to make pemmican.
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (51 KB, 640x439)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>36075854
"Tube" = bathtub bag.
>>
File: 1481464056305.jpg (57 KB, 497x427)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>36075541
>caring about things like estrogen in a survival situation.
Your second chin is sticking out of your tin foil hat bitch boy. Stop same fagging and drink some bottled water
>>
>>36075918
bottled water jew just won't stop
he must work for aquafina or one of those other companies
>>
>>36075541
Oh no! Homones in meh wadda boddles!

People dying of dehydration will drink out of a shitty mud puddle.

So maybe grow bitch tits or get dysentery and cholera and die shitting yourself to death.

I think I'll risk tits.
>>
>>36075945
>risk tits
Win-win in my book.
>>
>>36074691
What video game are you taking to the underground bunker when that happens?
>>
>>36075945
or pony up the $60 it costs for a water filter that can get rid of viruses

you've already got bitch tits, so there's no change for you there
>>
>>36075954
Really! Give yourself something to play with after shtf.
>>
>>36075973
Do they filter out evil Jewish conspiracies?

Because, that's probably the one you need.
>>
>>36076000
>literally wanting harmful chemicals when you could easily avoid it via other affordable methods

do the bottled water companies pay better than shareblue or the russians and chinese? you must be hurting for deposits to your account at this rate
>>
>>36075896
i've used one of these before. they're pretty much one time use. also mine was actually larger than my tub.
>>
>>36076110
>they're pretty much one time use
I thought so too. They seems near impossible to clean and keep sterile after use.
>>
>>36076030
No asshat. I just won't be stressing about your tinfoil hat theories when I'm drinking clean water after shtf.

What if you can't find a non bpa bottle snowflake? You just going to rely on a your filter and no water storage?

Your be the retard sipping water out of a sewer with your filter.

I'll be the guy sitting of 200 gallons of water that may or may not have trace amounts of something or other.
>>
>>36076110
>>36076128
They're basically for hurricanes. You have plenty of warning that one is coming to get the waterBOB set up and filled, you're likely to have an intact tub if you weren't really unlucky (or stupid about where you bought a house), and clean water might be out for a long time. Plus they're infrequent enough that $20 or $50 or whatever per storm as "just in case" isn't a huge loss.
>>
>>36076128
I'm pretty sure the idea to to get you thru a limited disaster. Not store water for the next twenty years.

So shelter in place till the bag runs dry then boogie on to greener pastures.
>>
>>36075489
Not for extremely long term storage.
Now, it depends on the quality of bottle. Cheap PET isn't suitable for more than a few months of storage. Slightly better still isn't suitable for more than 2-3 years. Think Soda stream bottles, or larger PET containers for water(5-20 liters).
Thick containers of slightly white plastic is better than that again.
Nevermind that water can also run stale, due bacteria and atmosphere mixing in weird ways.

Not that it matters for shit if you also invest in some kind of filtration system.
And if you have to, you have to. Anything is better than dehydration.
>>
>>36076133
I have 4 food-grade barrels of stored water and 2 filters as backup. Total cost was like $120. 200 gallons of bottled water?
Top fucking kek, I'm going to break down just how big of a loser you are, I hope your burning ass is ready faggot.
>200 gallons * 133.2 oz per gallon / 16 oz per bottle = 1665 fucking bottles of water
Let's use a cheap brand of bottled water like Costco's Kirkland to see how expensive that would be. There might be cheaper brands out there but this is pretty cheap for a quick search
>1665 bottles / 40 bottles per pack * $32 per pack = 1332 fucking dollars
Look at you, suggesting people spend over THIRTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS ON BOTTLED WATER when they could get some free food storage barrels and a couple $60 filters to have a redundant backup.
I knew you were a faggot by your reddit spacing but this is beyond retarded.
>>
>>36076276
>free food storage barrels
Where from?
>>
>>36076276
I would rather fucking die than drink kirkland water. That shit doe not taste like water
>>
>>36076276
>reking someone that bad
wew lad

his way gives you the nasty chemicals too. where's a good place to get free barrels to do it the way you mentioned?
>>
File: Kim_claps_clap.gif (799 KB, 640x448)
799 KB
799 KB GIF
>>36076276
>>
>>36076295
>>36076305
Easiest way: grocery store bakeries get them for frosting and throw them away when they are done. A quick rinse and they're good to go. Most of those aren't the big 55gal ones though, but they work just fine for food or water.

55gal blue ones you can get if you ask nicely for ones they're done with at places like a Pepsi or Coca-Cola facility. Just don't be afraid to get told no and try again.
>>
>>36076276
Oh and I forgot the link, here's where I pulled the price from: https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Purified-Drinking-Water/dp/B00QGMOJ4Y

>>36076302
Yeah I agree, but had to pick something cheap or he'd whine about that.
>>
>>36072607
Look up "water bob". Place in tub and fill immediately when trouble begins.
>>
>>36073125
Do you live within 10 miles of a strategic nuclear target?
>>
>>36073382
>>36073602

I'm going to allow this.

It's pretty fucking not what I would try to preserve. But I wouldn't not appreciate this if I stumbled upon it in 2917 as brain in a jar on tank treads with kick ass miniguns.

A laminated 8x10.5 photo will last a trillion years if you keep it out of the sun but this is better.
>>
People already know about food and guns, but allies and water tend to be less of a priority than they should in these threads
>>
>>36074932
What's with your headspace?
>>
>>36074984

Ya, I feel ya. I get around that by just being a good 'ole fashioned hoarder instead. Then I can "prep" to my heart's content and also buy all the extra inane trinkets of dubious usefulness on top of it all. Sure, the chainmaille and kettle helm, the vintage fire-fighting and law enforcement equipment, Civil Defense fallout shelter supplies and all the other odd stuff I've hoarded probably won't be of much use come SHTF, unless of course I need to costume my army of mildly mutated child soldiers before riding to Valhalla but fuck it, not everything has to be 100% utilitarian.
>>
>>36076557
>I'm going to allow this.
yeah because you could sure do anything about it if you 'refused to allow it'
faggot
>>
>>36072548
There's a big river close to my house so I took the necessary precautions in case of a flood + escape plan.
>>
>>36076609

Allies are my number one.

I don't prep because apartment and poor, but I have agreed-on rally points for the people I care about.
>>
get motherfucking life straw, saave tons of space and money.
>>
>>36076737
life straw is a shit product and there are others that do a much better job for the same price and size

sawyer and survival filter are the best portable ones, berkey is great for daily use and shelter in place
>>
>>36076276
complete anal devastation, nice work anon
>>
>>36076663
Nice hiss.

I'll allow it.
>>
>>36076663
I disallow this comment, and it will now be stricken from the record.
>>
>>36076447

This. It's food grade plastic and will hold more water than you could store otherwise. Plus water pressure tends to take longer to fall off than electricity.
>>
>>36075440
good point, realistically you're gonna some sort of draft animals once the gas runs out
>>
>>36077066
from me reading each of your posts
>>
File: varg-stop.jpg (4 KB, 208x206)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
Stockpiling for 30 days, only keeps you alive for 30 days.

Also, what does /k/ think about Varg?
https://youtu.be/EI4C-EG_pzo
>>
File: vargrim.jpg (77 KB, 565x621)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>36079441
Whoops, wrong video.
https://youtu.be/sFdOzjFoTBI
>>
File: ccd.png (191 KB, 477x768)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>36079441
>varg
>you can make soap on your own
>ashes
oy vey
>>
>>36079441
>>36079490
He's the most entertaining lunatic you can listen to. I even bought his books because I couldn't get enough of his crazy rambling. He even signed them, nice guy.
>>
>>36079502
Oh kek, I just realized that.
>>
>>36079531
Varg was evaluated by the prison psychologist. He is sane.
>>
>>36079621
>Varg was evaluated by the prison psychologist
Yeah and he's also gone on rants about how Jewish/cultural marxist dungeons and dragons is. He's sane enough to stand trial and serve time, and to live a largely normal life.

He's also definitely paranoid to an extreme degree. Still, I don't want to come off too negative about him. Easily my #1 favorite church-burning murderer.
>>
>>36079727
>rants about how Jewish/cultural marxist dungeons and dragons is
he's not wrong about that
t. former /tg/
>>
>>36072548
1. Rice
2. Beans
3. Water filter and iodine backup
4. Multivitamins
5. Spam, other canned goods for variety

If you live in a dry climate, these things will last indefinitely and not take up much space. I just keep a spare closet full of this shit and figure I got 3-4 months at least for my family of 4, and longer than that if I'm careful. I try to prep for realistic shit like a flu pandemic that will burn out in less than a few months. It's smart to do on a limited basis. I think it's important to think critically and not overdo it for something that in all likelihood will never happen. My area will take at least 3 nukes in a war so no point prepping for that.
>>
>>36077443
>good point, realistically you're gonna some sort of draft animals once the gas runs out
you're gonna need it, yeah, but the question becomes where you're gonna get it

especially when hungry people are looking at those cows and horses as the solution to their gnawing hunger RIGHT NOW instead of a way to get plants in the ground
>>
>>36079834
Don't forget a way to cook that rice anon

You seem more level-headed than most though, props
>>
>>36079727
It's okay to be different.
>>
>>36079847
I considered that too. My plans center on power and water staying mostly on. I live near dams, a nuke plant and lots of windmills so I think the odds are decent.

Otherwise I've experimented with cold soaking rice and beans. It takes forever, and tastes like ass but it does work and with filtered or iodined water it will do ok. I also keep plenty of propane and white gas with backpacking stoves and camping stoves for the propane. I mostly forget that I'm reasonably supplied. I'm also well armed but I seriously doubt needing weapons during any event since I live in a good neighborhood with plenty of likeminded family men like myself.

When I first moved in my neighbor spotted some guys car prowling in my driveway and ran then off. Then he got me, and then got 3 other guys on the street. We were all armed, and worked with 2 police cruisers to corner the prospective thieves. It was weird in retrospect, but also pretty reassuring. I'm 100% sure that a neighborhood militia would form in any emergency.
>>
File: myfarog.jpg (44 KB, 540x960)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>36079819
Eh, maybe I just don't want to admit he's right and I've been brainwashed by the judeo-marxists. Who knows.
>>
>>36079819
Are there MYFAROG threads on /tg?
>>
>>36072548
>What's your thought on prepping?
If you plan on stocking up to survive for the long term and you live in a city, people are going to kill you and take your shit.
>>
>>36076658
>but fuck it, not everything has to be 100% utilitarian.
People need to learn and accept this
>>
>>36077294
Seconded, the comment will be stricken from the record.
>>
>>36079905
>When I first moved in my neighbor spotted some guys car prowling in my driveway and ran then off. Then he got me, and then got 3 other guys on the street. We were all armed, and worked with 2 police cruisers to corner the prospective thieves. I'm 100% sure that a neighborhood militia would form in any emergency.
That's awesome, wish my neighborhood was like that, hope my next one will be.

>Otherwise I've experimented with cold soaking rice and beans. It takes forever, and tastes like ass but it does work and with filtered or iodined water it will do ok.
Something you might give a try is thermal retention cooking with a good thermos, or even a crockpot.
>The recipe:
>1) Place the saucepan on the burner and slide the wire gauge over the rim. Pour in enough cold water to bring its level up to the gauge. Turn the burner on high and bring the water to a rolling boil.
>2) Dump the boiling water into the flask, completely filling it. Put the cap on the flask and turn it on its side.
>3) Put 7/8 cup of dried oat groats into the saucepan and add enough water to come up to the level indicated by the gauge. Boil the water/oat groats for five minutes.
>This accomplishes three things. First, it Pasteurizes the water and oat groats. Secondly, the hot water in the flask Pasteurizes the flask. Thirdly, the five minute wait preheats the flask so that more heat is retained to cook with.
>4) After the five minute boil dump the hot water from the flask and quickly pour the boiling water and oat groats into the preheated flask. Screw the cap down fully and then screw down the outer cap. Shake the flask and lay it on its side. 10 to 12 hours later it will be done and you may eat a hot breakfast. With our sked I start it at 11pm and eat at 11am.
Full post with more details/suggestions:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?389971-Anyone-else-gathering-necessities-(food-water-etc-)&p=4536726&viewfull=1#post4536726
>>
>>36079834
>My area will take at least 3 nukes in a war so no point prepping for that.
Criminey, do you live next to a silo, harbor or command and control facility?
>>
Prepping is the same as owning a gun for home or self defense. 1% chance you’ll ever need it, but just in case, it’s there. Not paranoia at all really. It isn’t paranoia of getting into a car wreck that keeps me putting my seatbelt on.
>>
>>36080070
Interesting stuff. Thermos is a good tip. Thanks for that
>>
>>36080278
You're welcome anon. Here's hoping neither of us ever needs to use this in a really nasty situation.

The poster that wrote that previous bit has a lot of good advice on more commonsense things like hygiene and pest control when things are tits up, most of it in this thread: www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?121453-An-Emergency-Water-Epiphany
Sadly, he died recently, but I found it worthwhile to make an account there to search through his past posts. One of the better links in my collection of shtf reading.
>>
ok fine here are my 2 tips , you fuxkers pryed it out of me with your yammering

1 calcium hypochlorite pool shock

2 popcorn is viable corn seed

your welcome
>>
>>36080333
>2 popcorn is viable corn seed
Only some of it, some won't be in a bag of popcorn seeds
>>
>>36072548
Yo I'd fuck the alaskagranny. big ol tiddies and all.
>>
>>36073024
Also if WMD's, firebombing, scorched earth, nuclear weapon, chemical warfare type shit started going down, all that would grant you fuck all for food.
>>
Live in town of 120k, Friends know I carry and 2 has guns with 1 kid know to come to me if state wide power outage in winter (pellet furnace) or civil unrest. Solar panels in back of house so not that obvious from street. Battery bank is in garage along with propane generator if required. All deep in yard and higher on hill, so hard to steal from without getting shot. Also motion sensor solar lights are awesome. Basement should help in nuke land.
>>
>>36073276
enjoy your limp dick from the BPAs leaching out of that plastic
>>
The most logical way to solve all of these issues that everyone is talking about is to learn how to trap, fish, hunt and farm.

But also have a bunker built somewhere, hidden, with tons of stockpiles of food in it for a long time. Think 2 or 3 months.

Then pop up and see how everything's doing. If fine, great. You survived. If not, you're probably going to die no matter what you do. But you may have a chance if you prepared to come out of your bunker fresh and ready to hunt/trap/fish/garden, because guess what? Allot of people have died in those first precious couple months. If raiders don't blow open your bunker at some point, then you'll be a-okay.
>>
>>36075729
>>36075918
>>36075945

over a short survival period it would be fine

but the idea is to cycle your supplies by using what you store and replacing it as you use it.

In that case you would be constantly consuming high doses of xenoestrogens leached into the water from the plastic.

which is fine so long as you dont care about getting erections, want your man tits to lactate, enjoying crying at lifetime movies, and want gay sons.
>>
>>36080678
he's already got one anon
>>
>>36076276
im on you side and i like reddit spacing

its easier for idiots to read
>>
>>36076276
wow the bottled water jew shut right the fuck up after that post
>>
>>36080873
you don't seem like an idiot tho
>>
>>36074223
This is good advice.
>>
>>36076276
Coupla problems with your math. First off, a gallon is 128 ounces, not that weird metric conglomeration you posted. Secondly, a 40 bottle flat of Kirkland water in the 16 oz bottles costs $2.99. Lets round that up to $3 for convenience. Btw, at 8 bottles per gallon, 200 gallons comes out to 1600 bottles of water, which gives us 40 cases of bottled water (congrats! You got that one right!). Anyhow, 40X$3 comes out to...$120.

Loser.
>>
>>36081768
>Secondly, a 40 bottle flat of Kirkland water in the 16 oz bottles costs $2.99. Lets round that up to $3 for convenience.
see >>36076355

As someone with a Costco membership, I've seen that it's not much cheaper in the store. That price you just quoted was pulled from your ass.
>>
>be me
>inna no easy gunz netherlands
>need license for gun
>need another license to keep gun at home
>need another license to store more than 20 rounds
Fuk dat
>buys 2 crossbows
>>
File: IMG_0015.jpg (145 KB, 747x1000)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Who the fuck was talking about Kirkland bottled water.

That 200 gallons is a mix of bottled & jugs. The jugs are a mix of 1g to 5g water cooler bottles.

Who the fuck keeps 200 gallons worth of 16oz bottles?

I may be a retarded water Jew but I'm not that stupid!
>>
>>36082460
too bad you weren't smart enough to store that water in free food grade barrels tho
>>
>>36083166
>free food grade barrels
>>
File: 1450940006745.jpg (12 KB, 200x219)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>36075918
>So maybe grow bitch tits or get dysentery and cholera and die shitting yourself to death.
Or maybe store your water properly in the first place? You KIKE.
>The bottle water jew cries out in pain even as he hits (you).
>>
>>36083239
right here dumbass >>36076332

being a jew one would think you'd not have missed seeing the opportunity to get something for free
>>
>>36080573
Nice
>>
>>36072548
>What do you guys have stocked?
more bullets than i could ever shoot

i'm the reason you can't find .22
>>
>>36072548
>What's your thought on prepping?
I think it was better before that national geographic show made everyone start using the word 'prepping'
>>
>>36072879
>Life straw
Are they that bad? I bought a couple for hiking/camping.
>>
>>36085378
It's not total trash like he was saying, it does filter out most bacteria. But for about the same cost you can get a product that's far more effective; more bacteria/protozoa will be filtered out than with the Lifestraw, and even viruses will be filtered out, which a Lifestraw will let through freely.

Much like a Taurus will get the job well enough for most people, but why not get a better brand if it costs about the same?
>>
File: kotivara2.jpg (293 KB, 1200x1600)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
Finland here.

The consept of "kotivara" (lit. "home-reserve" or something in english) has been part of our culture since forever.

Because of large land area, small population, difficult terrain and harsh climate (can render transportation next to impossible especially on wintertime) there has been a strong mentality towards "you should be able to take care of yourself for prolonged periods".

This was doubled down especially during last war, which saw severe restrictions to imports and most foodstuffs were available on ration-cards only.
So after the wars people tended to think "well that fucking sucked! I think I'm gonna stock up on everything essential for a long time, just in case Ivan tries something funny and rationing comes back on effect."

So most households of baby boomers grew up watching their parents stocking up on stuff. And well... it became a sort of "got in in mothers milk" thing. it kinda makes sense to have everything you need in the house at all times. So most older people in Finland follow at least SOME kind of home-reserve. Often it is at least the state guide-line "2 weeks of everything you need" but often goes further than that.

These days younger generations are not so keen on that thinking. They have never lived on times where something was NOT instantly available. They are used to the idea that you only buy food for a couple of days at a time, and many have essentially NO stored food (or anything else) in their apartments. If they check the fridge and see it's empty, it's pizza time. "No worries, I'll shop tomorrow". kinda irresponsible, but they have never lived in a situation where that DIDN'T WORK. So why bother?

Me? I have food for about 28-30 days. Yes, I constantly circulate it (use some, buy new stuff to replace used items).

(pic not mine, I just googled "kotivara")
>>
File: Finland.jpg (81 KB, 400x300)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>36086033
So yeah...

In Finland it's not called "prepping". it's just an everyday thing most people do.

You're considered kinda irresponsible or uncaring if you DON'T have at least a weeks worth of everything you need.
>>
>>36086033
Sad how quickly those kinds of useful societal habits vanish in times of plenty.
>>
>>36086033
>>36086048
>Finns = Mormons
>>
>>36072677
>lets buy a shit ton of food and leave it behind

Yeah, ok.
>>
The people who call you paranoid are the same people who will be trying to break into your fallout shelter when supreme dear leader kim jong-un launches the first missile. Make sure you have enough ammo.
>>
>>36086114
>"we can't stop this house fire, get out anon hurry!"
>"what, and let all this food burn up?"

are you jewish?
>>
>>36081794
>That price you just quoted was pulled from your ass.

That price I quoted was what I pay at the Costco in Eureka, dipshit.
>>
>>36073276
I'd love to see a cost breakdown of MREs per calorie vs. canned meat and veggies from Costco.
>>
>>36086576
meat and veggies are cheaper, hands down. however, mre's last longer.
>>
>>36086033
>>36086048
While these posts are mostly factual (household reserve is an actual thing and the state supports the idea), guidelines suggest it should last a couple of days. Basically it's just a normal everyday thing that everyone does, except poor & young students living on their own for the first time.

Dedicated preppers are seen as autists here in Finland, just like anywhere else.

>>36086055
In other words, useful habits vanish when they become useless habits. Makes sense.
>>
File: 1512382357477.jpg (19 KB, 236x357)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>36072548
>grandparents before and during did all their own canning, meat and cheese preserving.

Storing food supplies is one thing, using and cycling in more is another. Preparing and then canning then EATING that food is a whole different beast.

It's smart. Food shortages, whether it be your local delivery truck going pfft, or a Thermonuclear War has blasted off half the United States and everything is drying up.

There is a fine line between precationary prepping, and down right "git off muhr lawn b4 i sheet ya" prepping paranoia, find a median anon.
>>
>>36087563
>b4 WW2,
damn tism
>>
>>36072588
It's like twice the recommendation
>>
File: 1361.png (130 KB, 497x355)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>36080678
>enjoy your limp dick from the BPAs leaching out of that plastic

I actuality do cycle through them on a two year basis...

But are you really so worried about "BPAs" in my bottled water with SHTF emergency happening? You got me!!! I did not think even /k/ trolls would be so stupid! :D While my dumb ass neighbors are drinking directly out of their toilets.......

PROtip: Grocery store polypropylene bottles bust and leak out after a year. Get "good" water bottles even if they do cost 7 cents more....
>>
>>36072615
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>36086576
>I'd love to see a cost breakdown of MREs per calorie vs. canned meat and veggies from Costco.

>cost breakdown

So your local Costco is blown out by a tornado into the river and 500 looters are ravishing it....

And you are in your house with your AR and your MREs...

Can you compile a detailed cost analysis of that situation for me before 7AM tomorrow for my management presentation...........

OF course, if you do it right, both ways are fine. BIIT, noobs are far better off just getting MREs off amazon........

They will be hugging those MRE chem heaters like teddy bears after the hurricane....
>>
>>36086493
Costco is cheaper in Washington over here
I'm not bottled water fag and enjoy hard dicks though, so I would not recommend.
>>
>>36072548
Nice try ATF.
>>
>>36087501
>In other words, useful habits vanish when they become useless habits. Makes sense.
Disruptions to the supply chain are common enough worldwide that it makes sense to have a buffer against that. When it is done society-wide, it makes events that might be catastrophic to an unprepared population into minor bumps in the road.
>>
>>36073288
>Just add in a bottle of stool softeners

If I really did need to use it, I am pretty sure I would not have any problem shitting my pants.........
>>
>>36086576
Not only are MREs more expensive, but they also taste like shit.
>>
>>36087501
>In other words, useful habits vanish when they become useless habits. Makes sense.
Wait why can't I quit smoking
>>
>>36087884
I see you never ate one you stupid faggot
>>
Dont forget to keep a old person around in case the internet is gone, and you need someone who has done things without watching a youtube video first.
>>
File: PC070049.jpg (391 KB, 2728x1584)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>36087884
>Not only are MREs more expensive, but they also taste like shit.

Your making me hungry!!!!!!!

See you after the disaster when you are eating a day old dead dog you found on the street.....
>>
>>36088011
I ate too damn many of the things while I was in. When you eat one back to back with normal homecooked food it's awful. I guess your McDonald's diet sees them as an upgrade, but some of us actually eat good food regularly.

>>36088040
You must be the bottled water jew.
>hurrr you don't store water in bottles you will be drinking out of a sewer puddle
>hurrr you don't store MREs you will be eating a dead dog
I don't know how you can be so stupid as to not realize that there are other options that are both cheaper and better for you. The only thing your bottled water and MREs are good for is requiring no effort on your part to get them other than swiping your credit card. Put in no effort and you get a shit result, son. You're living proof of it.
>>
File: PC070050.jpg (750 KB, 2448x1224)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>36088170
Good!!! MREs kept you alive didn't they :DD

>requiring no effort on your part to get them other than swiping your credit card.

That IS what getting noobs into prepping is ALL about!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpi23VAwmvc

And that MRE tasted just fine IMHO.....
>>
>>36088389
you have to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>36088389
>that wrist
dude no wonder that mre tastes good to you, any food would taste heavenly when you're in full-on auschwich mode

was that your only meal for the week?
>>
>>36088398
>you have to be over 18 to post here

wow.... noob troll....

>>36088417
>was that your only meal for the week?

I had a baconator yesterday and I am still pumped!!!!!!! :DDD
>>
>>36087644
that alot tbqh
>>
File: shit_water.png (164 KB, 802x440)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>36081794
>>36076276
No >>36081768 is right bottled water does not cost anywhere near as much as what that kirkland water you found on amazon costs. It's sold by a third party so it's price gouging.

My local albertsons has a sale on 2 - 24packs for $5 right now. Thats $2.50 per pack + CRV. Keep in mind it's arrowhead water and i would rather use one of those lifestraws on sewer water than drink that garbage but the point still stands. I no longer have a costo membership but a 40pack costing $3 seems about right for them. I buy 24packs at another store for $2 on a regular basis.
>>
>>36073436
For eating retard
>>
>>36088931

I have some pre-historic water around still.... Not to drink but might be good to clean my ass... When something bad happens good water is #1......
>>
>>36089179
let me know how that goes for you dipshit
>>
File: Adolf-Hitler-572[2].jpg (68 KB, 606x768)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>36072596
>hunt and fish and farm for your food
>>
>>36072548
I got into prepping right before the 2016 election.
Now I have nearly a year and a half of food, as well as general "preps".
It's actually a pretty fun hobby, as well as just being smart.

I've even posted my stock a couple times here and on /out/ with some pretty good feedback.
>>
File: yellowstonechan.jpg (408 KB, 1162x972)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>36090493
>>
File: mfw5.jpg (42 KB, 529x300)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>36090493

I like that guys such as yourself are being so prepared. It'll make things easier for guys like me who just travel the wastes killing people for whatever they need.

FYI, I like peanut butter - so stock up.
>>
>>36090523
>edgy or dumb
>or both
This is you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY
It's gunna be fun watching you gurgle your last breath from the comfort of my living room.
>>
>>36090510
I LOVE YOU YELLOWSTONE CHAN!
>>
>>36072548
Prepping is love, prepping is life.

I think storage is overrated and growing is underrated. Yeah, there are events that could result in the land being unfarmable, but those are the less likely ones.

Next spring I'm gonna build a couple of potato towers and a little herb garden.

Also, I think defense prepping is overrated, and food is underrated. Out of the different disasters that could occur, the violent ones are way less likely. But you never know if you're going to have hyperinflation or a food shortage and need food. Sure, you'll deal with a sharp uptick in crime, but that doesn't require thousands of rounds of ammo.
>>
File: mm3.png (377 KB, 498x497)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>36090573

Whatever, I'll make you my sex slave if you give me any attitude.
>>
>>36072615
Bugging in is plan A, bugging out is plan B. You want to be staying at home and bugging in in SHTF. But say your home gets bombed, or burned or flooded, or the area gets picked clean of food or whatever, you need a plan B.
>>
>>36090573
haha, you called him a kiddy diddler

he went back to prison for admitting he illegally owned guns as a felon in that episode
>>
>>36090643

I'll be setting fire to homes to drive people like >>36090493
out into the open. Then I'll cripple their legs with a 95% +5 Critical Chance PER+1 shot. After that it's just a matter of waiting for the fire to die down and helping myself, since they'll have fire-proofed their stores.
>>
File: whatever.png (281 KB, 500x266)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>36090614
>uh! like! whatever!
>>
>>36090614
You don't have to wait. Bend over, I'm drunk enough to pound you out tonight just the way you really want it.
>>
File: _RIM0004.jpg (269 KB, 1000x750)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>36073382
damn
I thought I had a good stock pile
>>
File: shtf bosnia.jpg (1.6 MB, 1504x2964)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>36072596
>there will never be an economic collapse, civil unrest, a civil war, or an invasion by a foreign country
>>with the exception of all the times these things have already happened
Go away, retard.
>>
>>36091419
>bosnia is the US
>>
>>36090973
>>36073382
when did this board become /p/?
>>
>>36091433
>What are modern parallels
>what is the balkanization of nations due to increasing levels of civil unrest
All the points I made are still true and have already happened in the US.
>>
>>36079441

How to make soap when it's huh... wow time
>>
>>36073382
>>36090973

How should I store my film?
Do I just place them in a Ziploc and put them in the freezer?
>>
>>36073600
>That way even if you have local authorities confiscate supplies

>prepping

>allowing confiscations
>>
>>36074932
What is that?
>>
>>36086150
If my house burned down, I'd probably want to go with it desu
>>
>>36087948
>Wait why can't I quit smoking

Nicotine's an addictive substance.
>>
>>36091752
modern film is sealed well enough the ziplock is probably overkill and the fridge is better than the freezer unless you are storing Infrared film, then freeze it.

>>36094588
yes! yes it is agfa, I have several rolls

>>36091466
fun /p/ - /k/ connection
Kodak Infrared film was developed for the Korean and Vietnam wars. the film represents living plants as white (B&W) or pink (colour) and leaves on dead or recently cut branches as black. using areal photos of the jungle the film will show if someone is trying to hide something by couvering it with cut branches
>>
>>36074429
How will BPAs seep into my water if im using BPA free plastics?

You do know how to read the bottom of a plastic bottle, right?
>>
>>36074984
>The reason people become "preppers" is the same reason people stockpile six thousand rounds of 5.56

Wait, 6 thousand rounds of 5.56 is a prepper stockpile? Huh. Uhhhhhh. Huh.
>>
>>36072548
>stockpiling supplies
>having a bug out bag
Pick one nigga
>>
>>36094820
It's not just BPA you need to worry about. Plastic particles in general.
>>
>>36072548
Eh, having 3 months worth of supplies to maintain your life style after a power outage/transportation cut off is not a bad Idea.

I have a power generator and some survival gear and supplies I've had to use some of it during the summer when some power grids overloaded due to peak demand cause of the heat.

I'd advise you get six or eight of the large gallon water packs like you see at big box stores like Costco a pack or two of individual bottles and then go online and buy about months worth of freeze dried cans of food

https://www.mredepot.com/default.asp

Get a variety of the rice mix meals, meats, fruits, vegetables for mess kit cooking and then get some ready to eat snacks like pilot bread and peanut butter.

Be also sure to get essential food additives like honey and butter.

Jsut because you are surviving, shouldn't mean food should suck...Oatmeal with a bit of granulated honey and freeze dried berries mixed in served with a dairy substitue drink can do wonders to improve morale and is a healthy and high energy packed breakfast.

Most important is salt, salt is necessary for survival and proper body functional health but modern people take it for granted since almost all of our food is near over salted and people abuse it for flavor and now it's considered bad for you but in a survival situation where you are forced to eat "organic" you might start die from lack of sodium.

MRE's are more of a field ration than at home survival but have box of those for when you are forced to go hunting or scavanging.

If you want to go full prepper you could buy some radish, turnip, carrot and parsnip seeds. easy to and fast to grow in the ground.

I know most people want to plant corn but that takes up a lot of water and fertilizer.
>>
>>36087563
>>36072548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKzWQOVET4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmPIpQZPRg

Obviously modern canning is far superior but these are precursors.
>>
>>36094912
>Pick one nigga

No, dimwit. This isn’t an either-or scenario. Some situations call for bugging in, some call for bugging out. Prepping for both won’t affect your alignment or character class at all.
>>
>>36072548
The Siege of Sarajevo lasted 4 fucking years.
I don't know a single "prepper," IRL or online, that has that much food put away.
I don't know that it's even truly feasible to do so, particularly if you live in an urban area like that.

Even if a Syria-like situation were to break out I the US I don't see those types of long, protracted seiges going on.
>>
>>36075854
don't worry, Houston got plenty of water
>>
>>36091419
Isn't that image fake?
>>
>>36097115
No.
The guy's name is Selco and he runs a school.
shtfschool.com
>>
bump
>>
File: 1509807800965.png (136 KB, 500x522)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
SO!
What SHTF scenario is most likely for you to experience and what are you doing to prepare for it?
Communist revolution!?
Economic collapse!?
Civil unrest/mass rioting!?
Terrorist attack!?
Chinese invasion!?
Hurricanes!?
SNOWMAGGEDON!?
>>
>>36097138
>>36097115
Inverted consensus is that the dude is real and he lived through the Yugoslav Wars but his claimed experience is an amalgamation of things he lived through, things people he know went through, and (probably bullshit) things he heard about people going through and/or made up.

Basically, grain of salt.
>>
>>36100057
INTERNET consensus

FUCK
>>
File: Milk and bread.jpg (49 KB, 673x739)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>36099758

Floods and Snowpocalypse here, sometimes both at once. If you've never experienced an ice flood consider yourself fortunate.
>>
>>36099758
Def economic collapse, snow, and hurricanes.
And I'd be lying if I didn't also say civil unrest.
I have about a year and a half of food and over 10,000 rounds.
I believe that if our country continues to go down the path we currently are, a second great depression is inevitable.
>>36100203
Aren't most modern homes water proof? And if they aren't, can't you just hire someone to sure-up your foundation?
>>
>>36072591

It's unlikely melanin enriched gentlemen are going to go door-to-door in an apartment building. Greyman as fuck, my dude.
>>
i dinner know, i got super easy preps
3$ bucket lined with Mylar bag for most of these
50lbs of Jasmine rice $25 at Costco
20lbs of brown rice$ 9.99
10lbs of medium grain rice.
50lbs of enriched long grain rice $15
15lbs of sugar $5
20lbs of salt $10
bunch of beans in cans
a lime tree a bunch of pepper plants and large herb garden.
5lbs of honey
thinking about adding dry legumes like lentils or diferent grains.
assorted spam and tuna cans.
I'll probably start planting several fruit trees next year.

what should I add?
tips?
>>
>>36096088
> I don't see those types of long, protracted seiges going on.

Not in the US, no. However, I could envision several scenarios where Federal and state government is fully involved in dealing with some crisis or other, leaving county governments to hold things together. Without outside resources coming in you could easily see rationing, forced redistribution, and a whole lot of backyard farming. Hoarding and black marketeering would be the rule, not the exception.
>>
>>36103620
Stock up on canned chicken and beef. Kirkland brand. Get a 25 pound bag of pinto beans, do the mylar thing to store it. Another 25 pounds of red beans. At least 10 pounds of corn meal, so you can make polenta and an assload of other things. Cooking oil. Apparently coconut oil keeps for a long time, so get 20 or so pounds. Sardines.

Periodically, Costco sells cases of Mountain House meals. Those get pretty steeply discounted toward the end of the sale. Watch for an asterisk on the shelf tag, that tells you that the item isn’t going to be restocked.

They also occasionally carry dehydrated peanut butter in powder form.

Other than Costco, work on rounding out your garden. Summer squash and zucchini are easy as hell to grow in copious excess, which would make good trading bait. Potatoes, beets, carrots, sunflowers- there’s your basis for sugar, booze, biodiesel, soap, paper, and fabric. Besides being food stuffs.

I dunno, you have a really good start.
>>
>>36103620
Spam is a meme. All canned goods last forever (or until the seal is broken), and spam is neither cheaper nor more nutritious than other canned meats. I pretty much exclusively go with Tuna.
>>
File: 9-283572_1.jpg (19 KB, 550x550)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>36072548
I have a loaf of bread in the fridge and 40 bullets for my SKS. That's it.
Being poor is suffering. I don't know what to do. I almost can't afford my apartment.
>>
>>36105379
Stop living alone. Humans are social creatures, costs of living reflect that.
>>
File: missed.gif (1.47 MB, 315x227)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>36072548
no dogfood here ATF-man
>>
File: 1504576006451.jpg (197 KB, 1000x665)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>36105394
I have three roommates you fucking communist.
>>
>>36105446
>cost of apartment split four ways
>350 bucks max
>can't afford this
Get a full time job?
>>
File: 1504502386185.jpg (65 KB, 453x604)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>36105460
What makes you think it would be that price? Why would it be? My rent is 500 and I have a job.
>>
>>36105473
You're paying a total of 2 grand in rent for an apartment? Are you fucking dumb? Rent a house, you'll pay half that for a four bedroom.
>>
>>36105355
>tuna
Enjoy your mercury
>>
>>36079441
>Stockpiling for 30 days, only keeps you alive for 30 days.

and there's nothing wrong with that

because 99.999% of instances that you need stockpiled food it wont be for much longer than that
>>
>>36088170
This
>>
>>36105600
I will.
Enjoy your spoiled pink sludge.
>>
>>36105479
>anon probably lives alone
Why the fuck would he want or need a 4 bedroom house, especially if he works in the city too?
>>
>>36082231
>be inna Denmark
>all the above
>crossbows are illegal too
>>
>>36107053
I lived in Nyborg for two years before I decided to move back to the US. Denmark was okay, but didn't live up to the whole "happiest country in the world" hype.
>>
Do any of you hold foreign currency? I have a nontrivial amount of Mexican pesos, Japanese yen, and Chinese yuan put away. It's partly prep, partly investment.
>>
>>36107654
I have about $16,000 in gold coins that have been in my safe for almost 20 years. I bought 30oz at a little over $300/oz back in 98. Sold 17oz in 2012 at just under $1700/oz, kept 13oz just in case and watched the market. At this point though, they're just insurance in case the dollar takes a nasty plunge.
>>
>>36072548
Having supplies for an emergency is sensible, but just don't go overboard.
>>
Yeah I buy into it. My goal is to not be able to leave my house other than to dispose of waste for 2 years.

Living in a largely Mormon area I've had a lot of people help me out storing food and water. We currently have 1.5 years for 4 people at 3100 calories a day, there are 3 of us living here now. I have 150 gallons of water indoors and 2 500 gallon tanks outside.

We have a solar system that will run lights, fridge / freezers, and some fans. I'd like to upgrade it to be able to handle some window AC units, maybe next tax refund.

We're set on weapons ammo and parts body armor, mags, though I'd like thermal and gen 3 night vision for everyone, currently only have 2 sets of psv14.

Then you get to more complicated stuff like meds, general tools, gardening, canning, salting, smoking, producing alcohol, stocking alcohol, stocking fuel (charcoal, propane, and wood for heat)

Ultimately in the end of the world you're going to need to produce your own food, if your plan is "ill just kill people and take it" we'll enjoy eating you for protein after we kill your dumb ass in self defense. I do think its a personal thing, my reasoning for being so prepared is that I grew up in the collapse of the USSR, and that shit sucked commie dick.
>>
if something really bad happened in the US, every country would be kissing our ass and helping. so im not really worried other than the first week or so. long term prepping is pointless
>>
>>36107053
>crossbows are illegal too
Only in the sense that you need a weapons permit.
Would that mean a concealed carry is also illegal in the majority of American states?

>all of the above
What?

>acquire hunting license
>get weapons permit
>buy smoothbore gun, ammo and safe, store everything at home
You could then go further and get a rifle certification which (unsurprisingly) lets you own a rifle and ammo.
>>
File: 1458890749292.gif (806 KB, 240x180)
806 KB
806 KB GIF
>>36107766
Why do people lie on the internet?
Also
>solar panels powering window AC units
lol
>>
>>36107977
>doesn't know what a battery bank is
ok
>>
File: hey.jpg (26 KB, 310x310)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>36107991
>t. NEET that doesn't pay his own power bill.

Shade your house (trees work wonders), put the curtains on your windows during the day.

The power draw of window AC units is absolutely insane and they don't work very well anyway. It's the least efficient way to cool a building.

There are a million better ways to accomplish what you're talking about Mr. """Prepper""" which you would be aware of if you had anything approaching the capacity you're claiming in that post.
>>
File: green herb.jpg (301 KB, 1110x800)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>36091419
this is now an info-graphic thread
Fucking dump 'em
>>
File: buthurt.jpg (834 KB, 1214x1239)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
>>36108046
show me where the solar panels touched you on the doll nogunz.

Or just be less poor. 20,000 watt system with a 5400 Ah battery bank is only like 30 grand.

But wait act right now and tell me how a generator would be cheaper and the noise won't attract looters and use more fuel over a 2 year period. I'll wait.
>>
File: bug out bag.jpg (355 KB, 500x4865)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>36108100
>>
File: camo guide.jpg (117 KB, 732x446)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>36108129
>>
>>36108116
My issue is the window AC units, not the solar panels.

Post your solar panels, Mr Definitely-not-a-NEET-basementposter
>>
File: amputation.jpg (646 KB, 600x1194)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>36108137
>>
File: Cellphone recycle.jpg (614 KB, 794x1209)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>36108151
>>
File: solar still.jpg (61 KB, 400x400)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>36108165
>>
File: 1454481931509.jpg (46 KB, 560x346)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
The bump limit is 300, right?
>>
File: 1475119375113.jpg (100 KB, 540x748)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>36108246
>>
File: bleach.jpg (545 KB, 700x1212)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>36108450
>>
File: painkiller.jpg (1.01 MB, 2480x1754)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>
>>36107977
Costco does solar installations that are fully capable of running that kind of load. There are AC units designed to run off of inverters. Here, learn something.

https://www.kompulsa.com/much-power-air-conditioners-consume/
>>
File: 1452738912092.gif (494 KB, 200x200)
494 KB
494 KB GIF
>>36108858
Again, window AC units are the worst way to cool your house. It's an incredibly shitty way to do it, and a big waste of a solar setup, particularly in an off-grid situation.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying it's fucking retarded and >>36107766 is lying about his current survival capabilties.
>>
>>36108046

>The power draw of window AC units is absolutely insane and they don't work very well anyway. It's the least efficient way to cool a building.

500 to 1400 watts. Well within the capabilities of even a modest solar installation. Central air units draw around 3.5 kW, which can still be achieved with solar but it’s gonna be pricey and you won’t get anywhere near as much runtime out of it.

Have you ever considered doing research before posting?

https://www.senicaair.com/blog/how-many-watts-does-an-air-conditioner-use
>>
File: 1482184280366.gif (871 KB, 245x230)
871 KB
871 KB GIF
>>36108941
OR you can not be a fucking retard.

Shade, insulation, and airflow >>>>>> AC. Period. Last summer my area averages 110° in August.

In a survival situation, or a house off the grid, that's shit's straight-up idiotic.
>>
>>36108116
>But wait act right now and tell me how a generator would be cheaper and the noise won't attract looters and use more fuel over a 2 year period. I'll wait.

Different anon here. I would still have a generator connection at my main breaker panel. It doesn’t hurt to have multiple options. Ideally, having about 4 of those generators that you can parallel to load match would be perfect. Sound issues can be dealt with with proper planning, the fuel issue is a little harder. In a perfect world, they would be converted to run on biodiesel or methane. You can make both of those at home. Or, you could dedicate a solar panel to making HOH fuel. That’s more technically demanding, adds more danger, and I don’t know if that’s the best use of a solar panel. I don’t think there’s a reasonable way to safely store HOH without investing a few million in infrastructure.
>>
>>36108985
Pretty sure AC kicks the shit out of shade, airflow, and insulation.

t. South Texas.
>>
File: seriously.gif (993 KB, 236x224)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>36109142
And you're gonna be blasting your AC when the grid's down and those solar panels are powering other vital things in your home, right?
>>
File: Look at the flour.jpg (219 KB, 560x817)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>36108668
>>
>>36108926
>window AC units are the worst way to cool your house.

Ok, we agree on that. I could see the utility of using one to cool one room or area. Whole house cooling is beyond the capabilities of one unit.

Couple of uses I could envision are for cooling a reloading area, and pumping chilly air into a root cellar.
>>
File: Ghetto ac.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Another anon here, Mini-split systems are a better option if going with battery loads. Ghetto a/c while strange might be the best option in dry areas if you are making ice anyhow and on solar load. Many different designs so just posting a random.
>>
>>36107053
you just need a hunting permit to own a shotgun.
you could also just get a gun illegally.
>>
>>36083358
I guess your just better at it than I am.
>>
>>36072548
>What's your thought on prepping? Good precaution or stupid paranoia?

At worst fear based marketing. At best a rather daft hobby.
>>
>>36105460
nigga where do you live that rent is $350 a month
>>
>>36075541

You are right to avoid certain plastics, since they are hormonal in effect. However, these plastics don't involve all plastics. There are those that are biologically inert, that means they don't do shit in your body. IIRC Polypropylen (PP) and Polyethen (PE) belong to those, but you'll have to look it up. Any plastic product will have a triangle with either a letter combo or number in it that tells what it is made of. If it's a biologically inert plastic, you can use it. If it's some hormonal shit, discard.
>>
File: 1493075753173.jpg (46 KB, 311x244)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>mfw i see a preppers set up and theres no toilet paper
>>
>>36109173
>>36108985
>>36108926
>>36108116
>>36108046
>>36107977
>only 30 grand

For 30 grand you could get a geothermal setup that both cools AND heats your house as needed and only requires a small amount of solar power to run the pump, and it would do a lot more to reduce your power bill (and pay itself off) for regular day to day use than a giant solar panel setup would.
>>
>>36072596
This, essentially. Unless you are somewhere that will be cut off for weeks or outside of a modern Western country, stocking up for more than two weeks is not sensible.
>>
>>36074359
Just rotate the water out; drink it when it's approaching shelf life and buy more.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.