[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg (51 KB, 550x550)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Previous:
>>36059789

Autism edition

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>Stop fucking asking vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>Lieing about medical record
GOOD

>Lieing about criminal record
BAD

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:
Armyranger.com

For Ranger info, obviously.
http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES KTHX
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86-non508.pdf
>>
>>36076130
What branch of the military should I join if I just want to get paid to sit around and do nothing all day?
>>
>>36076149
Depends more on your job than your branch
>>
>>36076149
Army. Signal Corps.
>>
I was the dude in last thread that mentioned the bonus I'm being offered for 11x.
I don't know if this bonus is offered from all recruiting offices.
All i know is that if I sign the 4 year contract and am willing to ship mid January, they will give me 16k.
>>
>>36076154
Remember Luke Wilson's job in Idiocracy? Where he just sits in a library basement and watches TV all day? I want something comparable.
>>
>>36076192
Nigga theres bonuses for all kinds of shit. They're increasing troop size by 80k. Your recruiter is trying to play you. There are ALWAYS bonuses for 11x popping up.
t. talked to PVT in chow hall a few weeks ago that got 40k for enlisting 11x
>>
>>36076222
Trying to play me by offering a bonus?
>>
>>36076230
Trying to play you by saying you must ship in January to get a bonus.
>>
>>36076255
Are you in the Army?
>>
Should I get lasik before joining the army? Should I lie about it? Want to go into a super hooah combat MOS and don't want to deal with my bullshit glasses and contacts. Can MEPs spot a LASIK eye? Anyone have experience in getting LASIK before joining?
>>
>>36076149
Any, depending on your unit/job. Most likely air force tho desu
>>
>>36076260
Why not get lasik after joining?
>>
>>36076258
Yes
>>
What's the equivalent of oorah for each branch? What is the moto culture like for each one?
>>
>>36076271
You're telling me someone got 40k for 11x and didn't have to ship within a couple months?
Because I'm calling bullshit on that.
You're wrong.
>>
>>36076296
Like I said, some random ass E1 told me he got 40k. He may have been bullshitting. I have no idea.
>>
I'm the autistic NEET with a milf fiancee from last thread. Any actual advice for someone like me beside calling me bait or end up like Pyle? Like how I should act, behave, talk and such toward other Chad?
>>
>>36076269
I can't seem to get a straight question from the internet. Sites are saying that some combat MOSes like being an 18X requires perfect vision out the gate. Others say that if you are awesome enough the army will just give you PRK if you have certain MOSes that you qualify for and require 20/20. But all the advantages of not having glasses. Does army pay for LASIK?
>>
>>36076311
There are currently 2 MOS offering 40k enlistment bonuses (or so the goarmy website claims) but they are not 11x.
I also learned that yes, the 16k they offer is because I would be shipping so soon. Typically 8k or more of you ship within 60 days and 16k or more within 30.
>>
>>36076326
Just hurry up and get denied at MEPS
>>
>>36076334
Your MOS doesn't matter if you get PRK. Typically the hospital on post will give you a memo that needs to be signed by an O4 (BC) as well as company level leadership saying that you're good to get the surgery (when you get the surgury you will be on a 7 day NO PT profile as well as 30 days no field, so they probably aint signing that shit right away if you have an FTX coming up). After that you go to the hospital to determine if you're eligable for the surgury (typically 2 appointments) After that you go in and get the surgury.
>>
>>36076359
25s and 14e are the MOSes if anyone was curious.
>>
>>36076326
Dude stop with this Chad/Normie/Stacy thing. Don't put people more confident than you into a mental category.
You come off a little narcissistic tbqh. Just stop overthinking everything and believing that not being a shredded 7 foot tall virginity destroyer means you're gonna get the Pyle treatment.
You'll be fine as long as you're fit enough and have a good attitude. That means being able to get back up when you fail, being able to not break down when yelled at, and embracing the suck. Most of the stuff in basic isn't targeted specifically at you anyway - it's all mind games to make you better at handling stress.
I recommend quitting the Internet for a week and going to the gym instead.
>>
>>36076130
I'm a recent college graduate with dual degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Physics. I'd like to join the army as an officer.
The issue is that over a year ago I had been charged with a DUI, an administrative decision was made to suspend my license before my trial, I went to trial and was found not guilty. I can not get the administrative decision expunged from my license until I turn 30.
I talked to a recruiter who told me he has never seen an administrative DUI on someone later found not guilty. He told me he would look into it further but he thinks I'll still need a waiver even though I was found not guilty. He also told me that becoming an officer with a waiver is a long shot even if I show I was later found not guilty so I may be better of enlisting then going green to gold after a few years or waiting to see if the military expands again. As he told me, I'm still young and apparently Trump wants to significantly expand the army in the 2019 fiscal budget which means they likely will take waivers again.
Does anyone here have any experience or advice they can offer with a DUI they were later found not guilty of but still is on their driving record or getting into OCS with a DUI?
>>
>>36076417
>>>36076326 (You)
>Dude stop with this Chad/Normie/Stacy thing. Don't put people more confident than you into a mental category.
>You come off a little narcissistic tbqh. Just stop overthinking everything and believing that not being a shredded 7 foot tall virginity destroyer means you're gonna get the Pyle treatment.
>You'll be fine as long as you're fit enough and have a good attitude. That means being able to get back up when you fail, being able to not break down when yelled at, and embracing the suck. Most of the stuff in basic isn't targeted specifically at you anyway - it's all mind games to make you better at handling stress.
>I recommend quitting the Internet for a week and going to the gym instead.
I was saying Chad to be ironic honesty. Though I am a tad social inept since I usually don't get out ever. I think my attitute other is fine, I usually keep my though to mysef, I do however say the most provocative or pervertic thing when I meet new people due to my autistic, gotta control that.
It already hard enough to quit /pol/, quiting it all seem pushing it.
>>
File: 1509836138606.jpg (100 KB, 752x670)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>36076518
>I went to trial and was found not guilty

Yeah, the military is a bitch about criminal records right now, even for administrative shit like you're dealing with. A waiver for officer is possible, especially if you have a solid transcript and record otherwise, but dudes are looking at actual years waiting for waivers, and that's for shit like bone pins and 12 year old bronchitis diagnoses.

You're probably better off joining as enlisted and applying for OCS once you're in, or getting a normie job and buckling down for the waiver long haul. Or paying a witch doctor to cause a global military conflict.

Welcome to the peacetime application process, bro.
>>
>>36076571
Dude, just let others lead the conversation, look interested, laugh when they laugh, and say no more than "what's up" or "see ya later" unless they're speaking directly to you until you understand how normal people interact with each other (for you, this will be about 2 or 3 weeks). You'll make more friends than you'll want.
>>
>>36076571
>I usually keep my though to mysef, I do however say the most provocative or pervertic thing when I meet new people due to my autistic, gotta control that.

All of those things will be corrected by your DIs. They know what they're doing. Have a little faith in yourself. Your risk of getting blanket partied is low. Even when I went in 15 years ago, the hats would lose their shit at anyone who didn't display a proper team-oriented attitude.

Remember: they're not interested in improving YOU, they're interested in disassembling you and putting you back together into something they can use. All the testing you do beforehand is just to give them an idea of how much raw material they have to work with.
>>
File: chief roc ingersoll.gif (930 KB, 200x133)
930 KB
930 KB GIF
>>36076615
>A waiver for officer is possible with a criminal record.

If you don't have a clean record, your chances of getting a commission are basically zero. You can practically win the Medal of Honor as an enlistee and they will still deep six your application to OCS.

I went at the height of the wars and my application was held up due to a court appearance I had to make due to unpaid parking tickets.
>>
>>36076518
>The issue is that over a year ago I had been charged with a DUI
Your best bet is try to enlist and work your way up to warrant. Sorry to crush your dreams senpai.
>>
>>36076619
>>>36076571 (You)
>Dude, just let others lead the conversation, look interested, laugh when they laugh, and say no more than "what's up" or "see ya later" unless they're speaking directly to you until you understand how normal people interact with each other (for you, this will be about 2 or 3 weeks). You'll make more friends than you'll want.
I always do that at every social event I was drag into anyway so that shouldn't be too hard.

>>36076698
>>>36076571 (You)
>>I usually keep my though to mysef, I do however say the most provocative or pervertic thing when I meet new people due to my autistic, gotta control that.
>All of those things will be corrected by your DIs. They know what they're doing. Have a little faith in yourself. Your risk of getting blanket partied is low. Even when I went in 15 years ago, the hats would lose their shit at anyone who didn't display a proper team-oriented attitude.
>Remember: they're not interested in improving YOU, they're interested in disassembling you and putting you back together into something they can use. All the testing you do beforehand is just to give them an idea of how much raw material they have to work with.

I keep that in mind, thanks. What do you mean by "proper-team oriented attitude"?
>>
>tfw finally got my security clearance cleared
>tfw finally going to AIT after two months of waiting at basic
Holy shit I can’t wait, god bless you /meg/. May some of you enlisting never become a holdover, it sucks balls.
>>
>>36077036
Where do you have the pleasure of attending AIT anon?
>>
>>36076976
>"proper-team oriented attitude"

Esprit de Corps. You succeed as a team, you fail as a team.

If someone else is slowing your platoon down, the first guy who complains about him will get absolutely skullfucked by the hats. If you're the shining star of your platoon, you should show leadership and help the guys who are slower to pick up on something. It's the DIs' job to scream and motivate. The recruits have to show teamwork and learning.

And if you're the slow guy, just try your hardest.
>>
>>36076615
Thanks man. I work as an engineer so I don't mind waiting but if I can become an officer faster by enlisting I might do that. If not I'll just hope North Korea makes a guest appearance at the 2018 Olympics.
>>36076951
Would it be possible to go enlisted to officer without being a warrant officer?

I make 70,000 a year right now, I don't mind cutting my pay down to 24,000 a year if I can eventually become a commissioned officer because it is something I want to do.
>>
In the off-chance that there are any girls in this thread. Do you think that it would be a good idea to get a pixie cut before enlisting? That sock bun just looks like sooo much work and I hear that you don't get a lot of time to wash your hair?
>>
>>36077166
absolutely. that bun and gel is a pain in the ass
>>
any questions about the Air Force hmu.
>>
>>36077274
why are the females so hot and the dudes such faggots?
>>
>>36077146
With "DUI" in your record, it's a very long shot to become an officer. Just remember the 4 plans:
>Primary
Become an officer
>Alternative
Mustang
>Contingency
Warrant
>Emergency
Back to your old job
>>
>>36077206
Thanks! I'd been spending so much time getting in shape and learning how to do pullups and forgot to get all the insider tips about the little things to help survive at Boot Camp.

How silly is it that the idea of enlisting was partially inspired by the Part of Me music video? :)
>>
>>36077293
That answers itself desu
>>
File: 1503505069005.jpg (3.27 MB, 3056x3483)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>36076149
>>36076208
Navy IC
>>36077342
>How silly is it that the idea of enlisting was partially inspired by the Part of Me music video? :)
Fantasy and reality are 2 different things sweetie
>>
>>36077342
what mos?

my word of advice to any females is dont play into the catty bay politics
>>
>>36077146
>Would it be possible to go enlisted to officer without being a warrant officer?

Easily.

Honestly, though, with a DUI that cost you your lisence, I think you're proper fucked if you want a commission. Waivers of any kind are extremely rare for officers. They are held to the highest standard possible and are never short on people who want the job.

Simply put, they don't need to make an exception for you because there's ten other guys who want your slot who have the same education, same grades, same physical condition, and didn't get behind the wheel after downing a sixer.
>>
File: 1510242372047.gif (904 KB, 245x329)
904 KB
904 KB GIF
Question for any Anons who know or vets. I'm 28, got a bachelor's degree and hate my job. Is it still possible for me to enlist? I was kinda interested in Navy sonar tech
>>
>>36077428
Navy vet here
100% possible.
Sonar tech is a good rate, but how autistic/weeb are you?
>>
>>36077428
navy is a no-go at 28. army or air force, friend
>>
>>36077391
I didn't get behind the wheel after drinking, I was found not guilty. From the same incident I got a DUI put on my license before my trial, I then went to trial and was found not guilty. The police even left the time of my arrest and reason for the stop blank on the report. My car broke down so I called a tow-truck, went to a college graduation party, got drunk and got a ride home. The night guy at the tow-truck company called in the vehicles present during the night for the police to investigate for DUI, they came to my house and I was drunk so I was charged. The DMV then made a decision before my trial. I went to trial and was found not guilty.
That is why the recruiter told me he was not sure what to do. I have a DUI license suspension that will forever show up to the army that I was later found Not Guilty of committing.
>>
>>36077467
100% not true moron
>>
>>36077484
ok sailor, give him bad info

>t. enlisted army at 28 after trying navy first
>>
>>36076359

>There are currently 2 MOS offering 40k enlistment bonuses (or so the goarmy website claims) but they are not 11x.

Goarmy website is not an authoritative source for bonuses. That shit changes constantly, there's no publicly available website for it, you just have to ask a recruiter.
>>
>>36077384
I got a DD (Intelligence) contract.
That could get me anything from talking to locals alongside the grunts or staring at maps all day. I'm exited either way.

What do you mean catty bay politics?

>>36077380
lol, I know that video isn't real. My dad was a Marine in the Gulf War my Grampa was a Marine in Vietnam and his father was a Marine in World War II. I know that if I had any brothers they would be encouraged to join. When I saw it though, I thought if I don't join I'm breaking a chain that almost a hundred years old.
>>
>>36077274
What are good jobs to get as enlisted or officer?
>>
>>36077391
>Waivers of any kind are extremely rare for officers

That's bullshit, like half my class at OCS required a waiver for something or other. Getting a waiver for a DUI or any kind of criminal conviction however is a completely different story.
>>
>>36077527
you will be in a bay with dozens of young females from all walks of life. cliques, gossip, bay politics.. just try to avoid it
>>
>>36077522
Either way, there's no way anyone got 40k for 11x, which is the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>36077476
Dude, I believe you. People get fucked by silly shit like that all the time.

My point is, the Army simply won't care. They don't need to bother with making exceptions.

Look, I went to OCS in '03. Two years before, I had to go to court because my numbnuts friend borrowed my car, forgot to feed the meter, then chucked the ticket. I paid the fine and that was that. My friend even went with me to court and copped to the whole thing.

Now, we're in the middle of a war and the board still had to give it a think, "Can we trust a guy who can't keep track of his friends to put a quarter in a parking meter to lead Marines?"
>>
>>36077540
Depends on what you want really. Some people want to be pilots, some people want to work the jets. Some people want jobs that translate well to the civilian side like Finance and Cyber jobs.
By and large though most officer positions are real cushy compared to enlisted positions. I think thats how it is for most branches though.
>>
>>36077504
>https://www.navy.com/joining/ways-to-join/never-served.html#ft-qualifications-&-commitment
>To serve as an Enlisted Sailor, you must be no older than 34 but at least 17 years old.
Are you fucking retarded???
>>
File: IMG_2015.jpg (181 KB, 1080x1440)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Anyone here a 19d? Please tell me what its like.
>>
>>36077572
Oh oh oh! I understand. Yeah, no. That's not me. Head down, be a team player, study hard, PT harder. :)

My dad's super-excited to get a picture of all four of us together. My great-grampa, he's 94, asked me if I was joining the WAVES lol.
>>
Enlisting in Army with $60k of debt and a bachelor's degree. Is it advisable? The Army Loan Repayment Program (LRP) says they will do 1/3rd of debt to those that enlist in certain MOSs, Does anyone know what those MOSs are? I would go officer but I need money now and officer review boards begin August next year. The recruiter says that I could be out of here in a few months via enlistment. Anyone in similar situation? Can I pay off student debt and live comfy as a single enlisted man?
>>
>>36077647
Cav Scouts? Be prepared to be reminded that you're not infantry on every board, forum, subreddit, etc.
>>
>>36077678
SLRP is kind of a shitty deal unless you're in very specific situations. It's also usually not available. Are your loans private or federal?

>Can I pay off student debt and live comfy as a single enlisted man?

This is pretty easy. You have pretty much no expenses as enlisted, and you'll come in as an E-4 in the Army.
>>
File: sad_mcconaghey.gif (896 KB, 245x150)
896 KB
896 KB GIF
>>36077656
Man I wish I had that kind of military tradition in my family.

tfw your family assumes you're a warmonger because you want to enlist instead of working in an Amazon warehouse.
>>
>>36077684

>He doesn't know what the source of the "we're basically infantry" cav scouts meme actually is.
>>
>>36077646
cool, must be new. it was 26 when i enlisted
>>
>>36077732
The meme's so pervasive, it's become reality. (Did you forget what timeline you're in?)

Kids who don't even know what Cav Scouts are know they aren't infantry and that they're faggots for telling people they're basically infantry.
>>
>>36077702
All federal. $300/month for payments.I can maybe get deferments but you can't just not pay $60k of debt + 16% interest for 4 years.
>>
>>36077761

>16% interest

By law, all your interest rates are capped at 6 % for any debt you took on before you joined the military. Look up the SCRA.

You're also eligible for PSLF, which means if you make income-based repayments and work for the government for 10 years, they'll forgive your debt. Probably not worth it for only 60k though.
>>
>>36077342
>Thanks! I'd been spending so much time getting in shape and learning how to do pullups

Since when do they make girls do pull-ups?
>>
>>36077781
climbing drill
>>
>>36077757

You completely don't understand the meme.

"We're basically infantry" was invented by cav scouts who were salty as fuck about the fact that they weren't actually being used as scouts in Afghanistan/Iraq, but rather just doing the same shit as 11-series. It's not a badge of honor, it's a complaint.
>>
Does Recon(0321) have height requirements? I saw something that implied they do and sadly I'm a 5'4 manlet because I never slept growing up.
>>
>>36077781
>Since when do they make girls do pull-ups?
Females recruits now have the option to do pullups instead of the flexed arm hang. 10 maxes out for girls. (23 for guys)

They're not much harder than a flexed arm hang but they use different muscles. Once you figure out how to do the first one, the next ones are much easier.
>>
>>36077749
>must be new
it isnt
>it was 26 when i enlisted
it wasnt
Are yopu baiting me?
The navys literally always been in the 30s. Your recruiter lied to you and you were so stupid you believed him.
>>
>>36077804
Speaking of not understanding...

The Cav Scouts weren't complaining that they weren't being used as scouts. They were complaining that they didn't get any of the credit for their job. They were still being mocked as POGs (to say nothing of the Army stealing the Marines' term).

It was the infantry who took those complaints and just mocked the 19Ds even harder.

But in the intervening ten years, the meme has indeed been memed into reality. Cav Scouts are now permanently fags who will never be infantry.
>>
>>36077621
I want to be a pilot but I have a feeling I won’t make it somehow or other. What other officer positions should I hope for if I can’t make it as a pilot?
>>
>>36077815
I highly highly doubt it.
Unless you're a legal midget like 4'11"
You should be good to go
>>
>>36077815
There was a SEAL who was 5'0''. you should be fine.
Ruck marches and swimming are gonna suck for you though.
>>
File: Thumbs up trump.gif (3.74 MB, 360x540)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB GIF
>>36077888
>>36077900
Thanks and checked
>>
What is it like being a navy operations specialist?
>>
>>36077945
Good luck lad.
That's no easy shit you're going for.
Basically A knockoff BUD/s.
>>
I once heard a story about how one platoon was ordered to retrieve the banner of another platoon at MCRT, do they still do this? How normal is this?
>>
Would it be absolutely retarded to become a tanker in the Army?
>>
>>36077974
I know, but I'm that kind of person. The right mix of determined and stubborn if ya know what I mean.
>>
>>36077527
>I got a DD (Intelligence) contract.

Did you pick intelligence? What kind of jobs are in that field?
>>
>>36077838
it worked out in my favor, navy is for fags
>>
>>36077973
Right up my alley senpai
OS2 vet here
Have you read this?
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/surface_cs_ops/Pages/OS.aspx
>>36078058
>haha im a fucking moron but i cope by calling people fags haha
>>
>>36078058
>navy is for fags
it's odd too because I've always heard that Navy is the most "blue collar" of the branches
>>
>>36078064
:^)
>>
>>36077048
Goodfellow AFB, heard it’s real nice there.
>>
>>36078064
Is it a fun job? Do you like it? Is it comfy?
>>
>>36078027
Intel jobs are data collection and analysis, plain and simple.

If you're in the field, you're talking to locals getting information from them.
>"Hey, have you seen so-and-so? Did you see a couple of pickups drive through town yesterday with a bunch of military-age males in the beds?"
You write reports and pass them up the chain.

Elsewhere, you're taking intelligence gathered from various sources, and sifting through it in order to gain a coherent picture. A bunch seemingly random data will come together and next thing you know, when Haji thinks he's got a clever sneak attack prepared, he gets a SEAL team interrupting his breakfast the day before.

Or you could be hacking computers
Or you could be translating intercepted cell phone chatter
Or you could be analyzing maps
Or you could be finding the bugs and spies that others have sent to spy on you.
>>
>>36078098
i went there
>>
>>36078254
How is it? I leave for there this week.
>>
>>36078277
army? kind of sucks honestly.
any other branch? pretty decent
>>
>>36078139
I liked it. IM out now. In all hnoestly its not for everyone but imo its in the top 5 surface jobs easily.
It was only a 4 year contract when i was in, got out in 2014, but i think its a 5 year now.
If i could do it again i wouldnt change a thing.
Ill be lurking a while so ask away.
>>
>>36078292
Why does it suck for the Army? I’m a 35 series.
>>
How long are army deployments typically?
>>
Anyone here have experience with PCS?

I'm driving cross country alone to change stations and need to know about reimbursement wait times. Also, what is TQSE like?

This is all within the AF. All advice is good advice.
>>
>>36078380
because 344 mi bn is a fucking shit show, all the good psgs left and now its a bunch of drill sgt wanna bes. curfews and formations all the time, tradoc is just babysitters for 6 months. no drinking, phase priviliages, no fraternizing, shit gets old.

take this time to utilize the gym and finish ssd1 and learn a language or something.

good news is, there's a lot of good mexican food
>>
>>36078373
Do OS's typically work in the CIC or do they work under the supervision of the navigator? sorry for the stupid question.
>>
>>36078380
>>36078459

This is true, but it's also 100% true for literally every other Army TRADOC post.

Goodfellow is fine. People in the Army bitch about it because TRADOC blows regardless of where you go. From someone who has done a couple AITs (reclass), you can do a lot worse than Goodfellow.
>>
>>36078485
sucks seeing all the freedom the other branches get and we're locked down the whole time. you were a mos-t, no offense but you had it good..
>>
>>36078523

I wasn't even a MOS-T when I went to Goodfellow. Yes, MOS-Ts have it good regardless of where they go, but all TRADOC sucks as IET.
>>
>>36078482
>Do OS's typically work in the CIC
Thats 99% of the time the only place they work. OSs run CIC.
Every ship is different but the 2 cruisers i was on we stood
Watch Sup, TIC, IDS, SWS, Nav Plotter, and my OS1s and OSC stood SURFACE and AIR with other rates mixed in.
>do they work under the supervision of the navigator?
No, NAV is a specific officer its not a watch. NAV is the divo for QMs. Im guessing you mean OOD and no hes on the bridge as well. In CIC is the TAO and CICWO and the Watch Sup works for them in general.
>stupid question
Not stupid dont worry, keep asking and ill keep answering.
>>
>>36078553
my mistake. i had sfc fucking natalie walker, you can imagine how my 37 weeks went
>>
>>36076130
So can different branches at MEPS see each other’s paperwork since it’s based off of social security number? I applied initially for the army but I said “yes” on part of the medical form. I’m afraid of being PDQ’d so I’m going to try the USMC instead. If I say “no” to that same question, and they submit the paperwork at MEPS, which already has the documents, will I be charged with fraudulent enlistment? Can the Department of the Navy see the information from a prior application from the Department of The Army?
>>
Im not sure if I was ever officially diagnosed with Asthema but im pretty sure I had it when I was younger. I dont think It affects me much anymore and I havent used an inhaler. Would it be bad to say I dont have asthema?
>>
Tips for getting a GT of 105 on the ASVAB? Or is it literally ape tier stuff a 6th grader can do?
>>
>>36078609
Don’t you fucking dare admit to a medical issue. You’re healthier than Superman. The answer to everything is NO.
>>
>>36078646
It’s ape tier
>>
>>36078698
Is there anything in specific I should say or will they not like try to do something about me "lying"?
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (851 KB, 600x338)
851 KB
851 KB GIF
>>36078708
>>
>>36078749
"Have you ever had asthma"

"No"
>>
>>36078749
Say no to anything concerning health.
>>
>>36078698
>>36078799
What about having been to a head shrink or two over the years?
>>
>>36078792
It’s fairly easy, I’d just advise reviewing some high school geometry and algebra if you’re truly concerned.
>>
>>36078793
Aight, so there is nothing bad that would happen to me if they magically found out that I was supposedly "lying"?
>>
>>36078834
Listen if you are too stupid or nervous do something else with your life.
>>
>>36078849
Look, I would like to enlist. But im also really not trying to get slapped with some dumbass charge or something because I told the recruiters that I didnt know I had asthema.
>>
>>36078897
Bro, half the military was in your shoes during the recruiting process. They said no. You should too.
>>
>>36078914
Ok. Will do. Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>36078914
what do with >>36078806
>>
>>36078977
What's a head shrink? Did you buy some shrunken heads from a witch doctor?
>>
>>36079163
psychologist

Won't go into my life story, but I've been to a few since I was 9/10. Needless to say I actually didn't need to go to them because they didn't do anything for me and I figured it out on my own
>>
>>36079191
Bruh, I'm being facetious. Don't say shit unless you were a drama queen and told the entire school. Even then, don't say shit.
>>
>american
>want to be a soldier but don't want to die for israel

what do
>>
>>36079282
alright. Thanks, breh
>>
>>36079352
Leave the thread
>>
>>36079352
>don't want to die
99% of the military is non-dying jobs at the moment.
>>
>>36079352
be a pog
>>
Has anyone ever been kicked out for lying during enlistment? My recruiter told me not to mention it, but I'm worried because I want a TS job.
>>
>>36079352
Oh, that's a pretty common issue. The best thing is to be up-front about it. Just tell your recruiter that you're rabidly anti-semitic and they'll make sure that any assignments you get do not coincide with Israeli interests.

Sure, it will mean you may have a non-standard career, promotions may come a little slower due to a lack of postings, most of your assignments will be in South America or western Africa, but it's definitely the way to go.
>>
>>36079421
>>36079424
>>36079429
i want to fight and risk my life, but for my own people. my kin, my nation, etc

but that's not what the us military does
>>
>>36079468
>Has anyone ever been kicked out for lying during enlistment?

Yes. If you lie during your in-processing and get caught, you're out.

That's why you lie about stuff that is unprovable and admit to stuff that's on-record only when pressed about it specifically.

Honestly, it's not hard. Answer only the questions they ask with as few words as possible. Don't elaborate, don't volunteer any info that they would want to follow up on.

>Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?
Well...diagnosed per se, no, not formally, sir. But I did see a doctor a bunch of times through high school because they thought I had issues with anxiety.

versus.

>Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?
No, sir.
>>
>>36079545
You'd probably be better off in a militia. That's 90% of the soldiering, 0% of the boring crappy stuff soldiers do and 100% of the hivemind you're looking for.
>>
>>36079468
>Has anyone ever been kicked out for lying during enlistment?
They were bad liars. Not even joking. Here's a list of what /meg/ has been kicked out for:
>med records were already in Tricare because daddy was in the military
>stood up during moment of truth
>admitted he lied to the OPM spook

Don't be stupid

>>36079545
No military on earth does this anymore. We join to kill, get benefits, escape our boring lives, uphold family legacies, etc. No one actually joins for those romantic ideals.
>>
>>36079574
The only fighting he’ll be doing is fighting off the fat he’ll accumulate from not doing shit.
>>
>>36079577
This guy knows what's up.

Refuse to address anyone as sir and command will notice. "This guy doesn't take shit from anyone. Get this man operating ricky-tick!"
>>
>>36079545
Then you're shit out of luck.
Leave.
>>
File: fight-diabetes.png (29 KB, 240x240)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>36079598
>pic related is the most fighting a militia will do
>>
>>36079596
>No one actually joins for those romantic ideals.
I...nah, I just needed a job and the job market in my industry had just collapsed.

But, after the fact, yeah, it was totally for, like, patriotism and stuff.
>>
>>36079622
fighting. sure as shit not winning.
>>
>>36078595
Dude if it's the same meps of course they can see it.
What did you day yes to?
>>
>>36079658
True, but I'd need 9001 hours in ms paint to correct the picture.
>>
>>36079658
>ah shit, Big Hungry Ed knelt down. He ain't getting up any time soon. Call Cousin Merle with the all-terrain Rascal to drag Ed back to the Waffle Hou---I mean, Camp Phantom Hunter.
>>
>>36079545
t. has never heard of a lynch mob
>>
>>36078595
You'll get nailed. No matter what MEPS it was. You probably won't get PDQ'd for it anyway, and if you do they're honestly doing you a favor because those standards exist for good reason.
>>
What do I do in my downtime as infantry if I don't smoke, drink, or dip and won't have sex before marriage
>>
>>36079706
Take courses and PT. It's the easiest way to get promoted.
>>
File: atr.jpg (152 KB, 634x542)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>36079681
Colonel Merle reporting for duty as ordered, Field Marshal!
>>
>>36079736
higher ups eat that shit up man
>>
>>36079736
>t. never made sergeant
APFT is a fucking shitload of promotion points.
>>
>>36079736
Neverserved my ass. Promotion boards most definitely look at the courses you've taken and your PFT scores.

Voluntarily taking courses shows initiative. Being fit shows you're not a shitbag who only PTs when ordered to.
>>
>>36079714
Courses as in college course? Or are there like club and workshop in the military to join in?
>>
>>36076130
Can I lie about a inpatient hospital stay if I got a class c misdemeanor ticket while I was there? All when I was a minor.
>>
>>36078555
What are the civilian job opportunities for going OC?
>>
does MEPS have a system where they plug in your info (criminal record, medical issues, etc.) and it gives them a list of jobs you can pick based off your eligibility? or do the MEPS employees just "know"? I keep getting told different info than what's in the latest opnav manual, but I don't want to be a faggot and print it out for MEPS and have them think I'm trying to undermine them
>>
>>36079792
Yes, college courses towards your degree, leadership courses like those you'd find in MCI (or the equivalent in the other services), MCMAP courses, etc.

There's never any shortage of things to do and it's real easy to find them. They're posted all over the place.

Better still, if Gunny comes around looking to fill up a working party, you have a legitimate reason to not sweep rocks all afternoon. The guys playing XBox don't.
>>
>>36079825
>It's all about nepotism and political worth.
If you're trying to rank up to Colonel or something.

If you're talking about trying to make E-4 or E-5 it's straight points. Good PFT and shooting quals? Points. 6 more credit hours towards your Bachelor's? Points. Clean disciplinary record? Effectively points.
>>
>>36079703
Yeah. Everything in the DOD manual + USAREC seems to indicate that point. I guess I’m just going to have to roll the die at MEPS. Alea Iacta Est.
>>
>>36079555
>>36079558
>>36079596
Does it make a difference that I'm going for OCS/looking to make a career of it?
>>
>>36079825
Per MCO P1400.32C, Marine Corps Enlisted Promotion Manual, your composite promotion score comes from:
- Marksmanship score
- PFT score
- Duty performance marks
- Conduct rating
- Time-in-service
- Time-in-grade
- Self-education points
- Recruiting referral points
>>
>>36079837
Criminal stuff they can find since as the federal government they can search any and all court related files. Don't lie about it.
Medical stuff they can't find without you telling them. The US medical system is so labyrinthine that, unless you disclose it or a reference snitches during a security clearance investigation, nobody will ever know. Lie unless what you're gonna lie about will affect your sevice - e.g. missing organs, schizophrenia, anal cancer, asthma if it currently affects your ability to work out. If your parents have Tricare they can see all medical records about you, so if that is the case, don't lie.
>>
>>36079967
No, makes no difference. If you get caught, you're out.
>>
>>36079825
No, the system is actually designed to limit the effect of politics. If your CO doesn't like you and gives you shitty performance ratings out of spite, you can still get ahead by being fit and improving yourself.

If a promotion board looks at your otherwise excellent scores and sees bad duty marks, they'll have a talk with your unit's sergeants and officers.

Likewise, if you're a shitbag but everyone likes you, you'll have fine performance ratings but since you're lazy, all your other scores will suffer.
>>
>>36079967
I can guarantee you that OCS grads that are currently active duty have lied about medical shit.
>>
>>36079831
>What are the civilian job opportunities for going OC?
Do you mean OS?
And there isn't a direct translation but being in air traffic control is an idea. Or going to work on civilian ships.
>>
>>36079982
I don't want to get around the system, I'm just wondering what system they have in place. Do you tell them your "disqualifying" factors and they formulate the list of available jobs in their head, or is there an automated computer program they input it into?
>>
>>36080230
AC is a better call if you're going the air traffic control route.
>>
>>36080530
You tell them your disqualifying factors, then you are barred from military service. Not restricted by job. You can easily apply for waivers though
>>
>>36076130
Finalizing my Canadian Army reserves officer application. Should hear back frim them in a few weeks to get the offer and get sworn in. Anyone got experience with canuck reserve BMOQ (or any officer training in general)?
>>
>>36080772
And for those who will most likely ask. Im applying for infy officer while student in uni.
>>
>>36080772
Nobody gives a fuck, leaf.
>>
>>36080859
:*
>>
File: 1504890661174.jpg (85 KB, 533x800)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>36080772
Soon.
>>
File: 1512603034991.png (1003 KB, 1280x1217)
1003 KB
1003 KB PNG
Why are all Marines manlets?
>>
>>36079574
Lol everyone I know that says this isn't in a militia and never will be
>>
>>36070883
>>
Do all gf's actually cheat as soon as you leave or is this some kind of meme that went out of control? Do I really have to dump my gf of over a year before I go? I was wondering if anyone on here went through without having shitty relationship experience while in

Also, my parents lived on base when I was born, is there a good chance my real dad is some random Marine I don't even know?
>>
>>36081680
It would be a good choice, bitches be thirsty. Especially with ONLY one year.
>>
>>36081680

the rate of infidelity in general is 40% for unmarried couples and 20% for married ones. extenuating circumstances such as prolonged periods of separation are liable to raise these rates

your gf *probably* isn't going to head to a porn shoot after dropping you off for deployment or whatever but yeah odds are you will either get a dear john letter or be cheated on
>>
>>36081680
terminallance.com/2012/12/07/terminal-lance-238-infidelity-amongst-infidels-ii/

Relevant TL
>>
Swore in as HM

Did i fuck up
>>
File: 1tajvp.jpg (50 KB, 1127x685)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>36081720
>>36081757
>>36081829
Looks like I'll have to do it guys. I'll cuddle her and watch our favorite movies one last time.
>>
I've heard that the clearance adjudication timeline is insane right now, taking over a year. I have a multitude of extra shit they would have to look into so I imagine my processing time would be much longer. Should I just go for a non-CT rate? My parents will be pissed if I'm living at home for 2 years, working part time while waiting for a clearance that may get denied.
>>
is hypothyroidism a DQ?
>>
>>36082109
You can ship out before you clearance gets approved, you just get an interim clearance until they finish the investigation
>>
>>36082163
From my reading, interim clearances are only granted to people with no "potential issues" on their sf86. I definitely couldn't get an interim. Overall I feel very disheartened with my chances, which is why I'm considering dropping the CT dream for AECF or HM or something
>>
>>36082213

What are your potential issues?

I just got interim clearance for TS (but for a civilian job which may be different) so I can maybe give some insights. I had some issues too, but got interim within 45 days.
>>
>>36082319
I traveled to Russia on a foreign passport instead of my US one 3 months ago because I wanted to save money on the visa application. Obviously I will fully explain this on the sf86 but I'm not deluding myself, I know it looks bad. I don't want to waste OPM's (or my) time if I have no chance. I think I will just pick from non-TS jobs
>>
>>36082349

Yeesh, that is complicated.

Try all you can and write a comprehensive explanation in your sf86. You can offer a timeline of your trip to confirm your location and contacts. Be as forward as you can is really all I can say. If you traveled with friends (american citizens only) you can provide contact information for them as well.

You have a good chance of getting in the end if you can provide ample explanation. In the short term, it will be hard to get an interim. There's no denying that.

Regardless of whether you get it or not, share your story on /meg/. It might give some people some perspective about the process. Are you a dual citizen? What country's passport did you use?

Best of luck, brother
>>
>>36082384
I've posted in /meg/ a couple times before. I'm the triple citizenship guy (US/Canada/Finland). I will keep you lads updated; dual citizenship is a lot more common than people think when it comes to clearances.

I intend to write extensively in the sf86 because I truly want to show that I have nothing to hide. I know I'm not the ideal candidate when there are guys out there applying for the same jobs/clearances who have never even left the US and are an easy adjudication. I feel like my chances are slim to none but I guess I'll submit my packet and see how it goes.
>>
I’m still a disgusting fatbody, but so far I’m down 50lbs. Feels good. I didn’t think I could do it, /k/ but I’ll be hitting up the office soon. One step closer every day. Height is 6’4 btw

For all the other fatasses out there that are struggling; if you put your mind to it, and stick with that anime girl program thing that gets posted here once in a while, you will see results if you do your part. It may take longer than the thing says, but you will see results if you keep at it. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
>>
Hey guys so currently and for the past couple months I've heard that the Army is taking anyone and everyone, but I'm wondering - could that possibly change by February if they close in on their quota?
>>
>need hearing waiver
>email recruiter monday
>no response
>call him Wednesday
>no response
>call him again right now
>no response

How often do recruiters just drop people once they need medical waivers
>>
Question about being an officer on a sub : how do qualifications work for officers? Do they put time in beforehand to earn them before they arrive, or do they need to earn them aboard? Do officers even get specific qualifications like this? I asked my recruiter, but he doesn't know so much about subs.

>>36075185
Thanks for the answer in the last thread, guy.

I figured they'd need supply officers on a nuke too and there might be some path onto one, but I'd be happy with a regular sub, too.
>>
>>36083851
>but I'd be happy with a regular sub
Do you not know all subs are nuclear?
>>
>>36083851
Diesel-electric submarines don't exist anymore (At least not in the USN). All nuclear
>>
File: 1506568084249.png (41 KB, 400x416)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>tfw grow up around fire departments
>multiple family members firefighters
>start learning military structure and shit
>realize a fire "company" barely has a platoon's worth of men
>tfw they have lieutenants for squads worth of men
At least it's fucking captains in charge of the company.

Yes I am this autistic
>>
>>36083911
>>36083931
This is why I come here. To be told I'm wrong and learn more so I don't look like an imbecile in a real-life situation.
>>
>>36083693
Use a friend's phone to call him or call the office and ask for him
>>
>>36084035
Well ya all subs are nuclear dude. And if youre going to a sub youll go to a sub school first to learn the very basics then all job qualifications youll learn once youre on the sub.
>>
If I go for a TS clearance in the mc as intellijelly will they find out about adderal I took for a month relatively recently?
>>
>>36082109
its backlogged at 800,000 I've heard from my s2
>>
>>36084131
They will now that you said it. Internet history
>>
>>36084351
this smells like bullshit

I ain't even in yet
>>
>>36084450
you should be an analyst or something
>>
Should I go to college and become an officer or throw my life away and enlist right now
>>
>>36084629
>throw my life away
I think it'd be more of a waste to pay for college yourself than to go in and get the GI bill
>>
>>36084629
>throw my life away
>>
is 26 too old to enlist was thinking reservist corpsman but a few years ago the recruiter told me at 23 they were pretty much looking for fresh out of highschool kids.
>>
>>36077647
Infantryman here

Stinky hat
>>
>>36084699
>is 26 too old to enlist
Not at all
Reserves are gay and corpsman is overmanned
>>
>>36083693
Just go to his office. I had to do the same thing when getting my waiver for my re enlistment code
>>
Do I call the army recruiter first or just walk in
>>
>>36084868
Doesn’t matter really, I just walked in
>>
File: tWtXttk.gif (104 KB, 500x281)
104 KB
104 KB GIF
>Go to MEPS.
>Pass majority of physical.
>They measure my heart rate.
>It's 108.
>Tell me that I'm ineligable to enlist at this time.
>Say they will set up a meeting with a cardiologist, and go forward from there.
>Don't even have the decency to tell me whether I'm disqualified.
>mfw.

Give it to me straight, /k/. How fucked am I?
>>
What’s aircrew life like
Can I take naps on the plane
>>
>>36084923
>>It's 108.
dude you may be on deaths door
>>
>>36076130
What must I do to avoid being PDQ’d @ MEPS? I cut off some skin tags earlier just to be safe
>>
>>36084929
No, but aircrew needs to be well rested so there is a limit to how much you can be in the air per day. There is also a certain amount of rest you need prior to a flight, so whenever a flight is coming up you will be told to not to anything that takes too much energy
>>
>>36084923
You smoke a carton of reds before you went, or are you dying?
>>
File: OCPepe.png (25 KB, 1152x648)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
How long does it take to get a MEPS date from my recruiter?
>>
>>36085051
So no jacking off for 48 hours?
I might need to reconsider this while military thing
>>
File: 1506292609540.jpg (35 KB, 480x491)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>36085193
Jesus, get control of yourself, degenerate.
>>
>>36085193
No no, join! It just sounds like you’d be better suited as an infantryman
>>
>>36084923
If you were nervous, don't worry about it. It happens to people all the time.
>>
>>36085215
>>36085263
I’m joking.
On a side note, I’m a computer geek who likes to endulge in flight sims. Bring aircrew, I’m guessing I’ll be spending most of my time bouncing from base to base, so I’d be better solicited with a nice laptop? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth bringing my desktop to my first duty station (which I won’t know for quite some time)
>>
>>36085335
You'd need to see what your room is like. Odds are it would be very conducive to a desktop.
>>
I SPEND 5 FUCKING MONTHS LOSING WEIGHT ONLY TO GAIN HALF OF IT BACK IN A WEEK
WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG
IM DOING A FULL HOUR OF CARDIO FOR 5 DAYS A WEEK AND I LIFT WEIGHTS FOR 3 DAYS
IM IMPROVING MY DIET
IM DRINKING A FULL FUCKING GALLO OF WATER EVERY DAY
AND I JUST GAINED MY WEIGHT BACK
I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT
>>
>>36085365
I would get a desktop as soon as I hopped into tech school but I’m not sure how big of a pain in the ass it will be since I have to go to 3 different bases during the whole process.
Idk how the hell I’d manage it.
>>
>>36085386
just don't bother desu

If you can't handle not playing some flight sim for an extended period of time, you have a problem and service is the least of your concerns.
>>
>>36085030
>>36085137
That's the strange thing. I never had any heart problems before, and I don't smoke. The news honestly caught me off guard.
>>
>>36085369
Were you doing keto?
>>
>>36085530
i dont know what that is
>>
>>36085539
No carbs
>>
File: 1494388912381.jpg (16 KB, 640x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>36076130
Any foreigners ITT (from Europe prefeb.) that served in U.S. military? How did you do it?
>>
>>36085603
will that make me lose lots of weight fast

my recruiter texted today asking to schedule me to meps before christmas

for reference i started at 195, need to be at 177
i hit 182, fluctuatued a bit and now im at 188 again
>>
>>36085672
In 5 months you lost 13lbs???
Is this a joke???
>>
>>36085678
most of it in the past 2 months
and no
>>
>>36085702
>I SPEND 5 FUCKING MONTHS LOSING WEIGHT
>I SPEND 5 FUCKING MONTHS LOSING WEIGHT
What am I not seeing?
>>
>>36085718
increased rate in the past 2 months but i have been working at it for about that long
>>
>>36085718
if i'm supposed to have lost a lot more weight over a, lets say, 3 month timespan i would like to know how
>>
>>36085727
>increased rate
Is this a joke?
That weight loss is literally non existent. I could lose 13lbs in 2 weeks wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>36085672
then you got a few options.
>intermittent fasting
>keto/paleo
>low carb
if worse comes to it, you can dehydrate yourself a bit to lose an extra 2 pounds for a weigh-in
>>
>>36085416
Bro chill I’m talking about managing getting the desktop moved around to bases, not flight sim withdrawals.
>>
>>36085749
>>36085737

>>36085754
ill try them thanks
>>
>>36085772
What have you been doing though?
Your progress is so bad It makes me think you didn't even do anything.
>>
>>36085772
https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/is-rapid-fat-loss-right-for-you.html/

You might wanna read everything in this site with regards to diet and weight loss.

Your pace is way too slow. In 4 months you can lose up to 40lbs.

I can guarantee I can lose 6lbs just by dropping creatine and carbs from my diet.
>>
File: kms.jpg (70 KB, 599x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>36085783
half hour of cardio 5x per week for most of the time
i am aware this isn't good enough, so recently I stepped it up from 30min to 1 hour and added 3x week of weighlifting for another hour
About the same time I tried improving my diet a bit (not based on any plan though) and i rectified my previously abysmal water intake

based on this i should be improving but shortly after I stopped losing weight and now I'm gaining
>>
>>36085824
>About the same time I tried improving my diet a bit (not based on any plan though)
clearly not
Weight loss is 80% diet at least dude.
>>
>>36085824
Alright, fess up. What's your current diet? Details.
>>
>>36076754
>I went at the height of the wars and my application was held up due to a court appearance I had to make due to unpaid parking tickets.
Wev. I guess better careful than sorry though.
>>
>>36085625
Are you a dual citizen? I'm the multi citizenship guy so I've done a lot of research. There are jobs open to green card holders to fast track US citizenship if you're not. Lots of foreigners (Filipinos/ukrainians/etc) in the navy
>>
>>36085672
How tall are you?
>>
>>36076130
Welp. I just lost my reservation at MEPS for Monday. It’s been pushed back to Wednesday. I’m prepared to deal with the eventuality that all the infantry slots may be filled (144 open as of Monday); I’m honestly thinking that med lab tech/68K may not be that bad. As long as it isn’t something god-awful like truck driver/ desk jockey/ laundry guy. At this point I’m prepared for the eventuality of even being PDQ’d at MEPS. I can take or leave it at this point, I’m not going to be some weirdo that takes it as an existential loss or blow to their identity if the dice don’t fall exactly the way I hope, y’know?
>>
>>36085870
i dont keep track of it well but essentially its
>protein shake (2% milk with protein powder from gnc or some shit) once a day, maybe twice on occasion
>scrambled eggs once a day
>rice krispies every morning (has been my breakfast for at least 9 years now)
>lunchmeat sandwiches: turkey, chicken, provolone, whole wheat buns
>occasional turkey footlong sub
>occasional caesar salads, chicken tenders, bowls of mac & cheese, rice
>snack on peanuts after i drink large cups of water
>chocolate milk every other day or so

>>36085963
5'9"
Air Force requirements dictate maximum of 177 pounds for people my height, my recruiter says he can squeeze me in if i can make it below 180 but thats clearly not happening
>>
>>36086001
Work harder eat less. Embrace a third world diet if you are serious.
>>
>>36085139
If you live near Baltimore, it could take around 3 months.
>>
File: 1930sSteyr88.jpg (98 KB, 1024x719)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>28 years old
>in shape cause I like picking up heavy things
>cardio needs work
>no college
>no real job prospects that aren't construction
>sick of it all
>get the idea to become ICE/BC
>need to enlist I 'spose
>Coast Guard Maritime Enforcement Specialist rate is practically ICE/BC on water with exceptions
>nearest recruiter office ~35 miles away
>contingency would be Navy but unsure as of now which rank I'd shoot for
>hopefully able to study criminal law during active duty

Am I deluded in this plan for me? I want this, I think. I'm just sick of my boring, aimless, unsatisfactory life.

>>36085672
Go to /fit/, starting lurking the fasting general. Start fasting.
>>
>>36085965
You have a good attitude when it comes to the possibility of things not going your way. If you really want infantry, you should wait for it if all the slots get filled.
>>
>>36086001
>rice krispies every morning (has been my breakfast for at least 9 years now)
>bowls of mac & cheese
>chocolate mlik
Arent you trying to lose weight?
>>
>>36086001
reduce the amount of egg yolk, get an old-people cereal instead, less sandwiches (too much carbs), vinegar dressing only for your salad, change chicken tenders to grilled chicken, don't ever eat mac&cheese again and replace the chocolate milk with 2%. That will get you started.
>>
>>36086217
Go for it. I can't guarantee you'll make it, though. Only you can make it.
>>
>>36086301
rice krispies cereal is not the same as rice krispie treats bro
>>
What are the chances of a war within the next 4 years
>>
>>36086374
its nothing but pure simple carbs and sugar bro
Maybe you should humble yourself and realize you clearly don't know anything that's why your dumbass has lost barerly 10-15lbs over a 5 month period.
>>
>>36086347
>reduce the amount of egg yolk
this is wrong
> vinegar dressing only for your salad
if you mean red, red is pure sugar so that's wrong as well
>old people cereal
No cereal is better
>>
>>36086362
That's the gist of what I'm getting from looking into all this.

>>36086423
I want to say around 10%. I don't think it's in Trumps cards desu, not all out global war anyway, but you never know what will happen.
>>
>>36086436
egg yolks have a lot of cholesterol though
>red
no one should ever have red vinegar. it tastes like piss
>cereal is better
no, the old people cereal with tons of fiber is better than pure carbs
>>
>>36086423
70-75%
>>
>>36086423
We're never having a big war again, go SOF if you wanna shoot
>>
>>36086693
>egg yolks have a lot of cholesterol though
And? Please don't tell me you still think dietary cholesterol has any effect on blood levels. Youre about 5 years behind the science.
>no, the old people cereal with tons of fiber is better than pure carbs
You should never eat any cereal ever. At worst eat oatmeal, ideally don't eat it at all.
>>
>>36086217
>nearest recruiter office ~35 miles away

mine was over 100, that's what keeps people from joining, the fact that you need to go to them, because they will not come to you
>>
>>36086977
Aye. I work full time but we rained out today. I plan to go Saturday.
>>
>>36086848
>Youre about 5 years behind the science.
I... wouldn't be surprised honestly
>At worst eat oatmeal, ideally don't eat it at all.
agreed
>>
make sure its OK with your recruiter, some of them may not be open on the weekends, also ASVAB score?
>>
How is 14k ? Can someone answer please
>>
>>36087221
19k*
>>
>>36087218
I assume youre talking to >>36087102 (me). It's open Saturday. I don't think I've taken the real ASVAB before. I was gunna sign a few years back for AF, but went to a Army/Navy recruiter b/c it was close. He gave me what he called a mock test, and was pretty pleased with the results. But I wanted AF and he was being really fucking pushy to go army and just rubbed me the wrong way in general so I never went back.
>>
>>36087300
19k looks fun. I'm in the navy, but if I had joined the army, I'd want to be 19k.
>>
>>36087385
Cool, what did you join as ?
>>
>>36087411
aviator
>>
>>36087421
Do you fly a plane ?
>>
>>36087452
I will if I don't fuck up API.
>>
>>36087371
if it was less than 3 years ago, it might still be on file (real asvab).

I hear that they are making recruits be able to pass a fitness test prior to joining, and that that is the hardest part for most coast guard recruits, since the really high ASVAB scorers tend to gravitate to the branch anyway. we might not be as nice as the airforce, but its still a pretty professional job
>>
>>36087545
>I hear that they are making recruits be able to pass a fitness test prior to joining
lol. a little late
>>
>>36076130
Hey, I have a tshirt with that image on it.
>>
how much hazing would go down if i bring my daki pillow underway?
>>
>>36086454
>>36086735
Sucks, wanted to see some battle.
>>
>>36086426
that was a different anon, ignore him
>>36086347
thanks for the advice
>>
>>36087774
None. In fact, if you didn't have one, you'd be issued one.
>>
>>36076130
I'm joining Alpha group after I get my BA in Electrical Engineering.
>>
>>36086426
>>36086347
and on that, what should i eat for breakfast
just one thing i can stick with please, i dont particularly care for variety
>>
>>36087841
when you are dieting the variety is important since you are eating less and more strict, so to get every vitamin/mineral/good fat:carb:protein ratio you need to pay attention to - as oyu can't jus stuff everything in your mouth..

sorry bro no easy way out.
>>
File: 1512095310542.png (9 KB, 404x399)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>36087814

>TFW got hazed for not having porn underway because im asexual
>>
>>36087841
take a daily multivitamin while you're at it because you suck at this.
>>
File: white folks.jpg (209 KB, 596x834)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS /K/?????
>>
File: 1511741629507.png (62 KB, 645x729)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Army 35 here. I'm bored as fuck waiting for my laundry to finish. I'll answer anything within reason.
>>
>>36088246

how many dryers have you cum inside while waiting?
>>
>>36088246
where do they keep the stargate?
>>
>>36088246
what drives ops?
>>
>>36088261
I've never directly came into a dryer but considering how much I beat my dick theres bound to be some caked in there
>>36088264
Area 51
>>36088276
Bullets don't fly without supply hooah.
>>
>>36088293
why didn't you go airborne you leg faggot?
>>
>>36088302
I pussied out in AIT before submitting the packet. Still might end up going Airborne if I can get into group.
>>
>>36088318
what discipline did you go?
>>
>>36087780
Aim for SF
>>
>>36088360
What do you mean?
>>
>>36088383
I'm a November, what are you?
>>
>>36088397
Oh, I'm a T.
>>
>>36088211
WE WUZ SEAMEN
>>
Stupid question but if they ask me if I've ever done any illegal drugs or abused prescription meds I should lie, r-right?
>>
>>36088404
good choice, you'll have a lot of options when you get out. my unit needs tangos bad, but for some reason a lot of you guys don't want to jump
>>
>>36088421
that is a stupid question
>>
>>36088442
So tell them I smoked a doobie when I was 22 and got the script refilled when I didn't need to after a tooth pull or nah?
>>
>>36088457
dude
>>
>>36088427
Yeah, right now the bonues are so fucking high I might just extend for a year to get that 10k bonus. If I can slip airborne in there somehow I'm gonna try.
>>
>>36088493
where you at? meade?
>>
>>36088487
weed.

Answer the fucking question. Will I be punished for telling the truth?
>>
>>36088519
yes. admit nothing, deny everything. remember that for your entire career
>>
>>36088514
Campbell my guy.
>>
>>36088542
10-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is
>>
>>36088565
i have buddies there, sorry for your loss. come to bragg, fuck air assault and all that gay shit
>>
>>36088602
Yeah this place is shit but I'm def not trying to go to Fayettenam.
>>
>>36088621
as a 35 anything this is the place to be. get your wings and talk to retention and get to group
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 107x117)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Hey /meg/ I was wondering on your opinions on enlisting versus the ROTC program for air force. Which is better in general because to be honest all I really care about in life is a house away from my parents and enough money to support my vidya and animu habits.
>>
>>
>>36088379
Sounds hard
>>
Can I be honest about some minor things to the TS clearance interviewer that I lied to MEPS/Recruiter about? Does the FBI give a shit?
>>
>>36090037
Both your answers at MEPS and your security clearance answers must be consistent. Either lie on both or tell the truth on both. Otherwise you'll get frauded.
>>
>>36088397
>>36088404
>>36088427
>>36088493
>>36088514
>>36088565
>>36088602
>>36088621
>>36088644

For you spooky 35 series guys, is your job fulfilling? Assuming you're both relatively intelligent, is the job stimulating/challenging enough or just boring beyond words?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>36090312
NEW THREAD
>>36090312
NEW THREAD
>>36090312
>>
>>36088421

If you have never abused drugs, lie and tell them that you have
>>
>>36090037
There's a reason the TS investigation takes a year. They're gonna find out what you lie about. It's a felony to lie on the sf86 anon, it's much worse than lying to meps.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.