[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Would you consider military officers to be the last vestiges of nobility and aristocracy officially and overtly enforced by the US government.
>strict caste system, with official greeting according to title(adressing as sir/ma'am, salute) no sexual relationships between officer and enliststed, etc
>officers are reqd. To attain atleast an undergrad degree, traditionally an achievment that was class dependant.
>superior housing/facilities compared to enlisted,including officer only areas on instillations and ships
Im a former e5 in the army reserves who commisioned into the navy after 10 years, even as a lowly ensign and now an 0-2 just the sight of me can strike fear into lower enlisted and even petty officers who dont know me. My dad is a naval O-5 and ive noticed its even more dramatic with him, and extends to my mom and youngest sibling who lives on installation.
>>
>>36085101
>just the sight of me can strike fear into lower enlisted and even petty officers who dont know me
"aw fuck it's an obvious dipshit with authority" is a pretty scary thought
>>
>>36085101
Sure.
>>
>>36085101
Officers are mostly just frat boys now, but I've met some good ones who actually give a fuck about being good leaders.
>>
>>36085158
/thread
>>
>>36085171
I was an officer cadet for my first year at university and it was full of what I assume American frat boys are like. I loved the 'training' but I ended up quitting because hanging around with a glorified drinking club that acts like they're war heroes was just too much. Considering going into it for real when I graduate but I don't want to find out it's exactly the same thing but with a chance of getting shot in the balls.

To answer OP's question, no idea, but I hope so.
>>
>>36085101

Eh no. Officers are expendables. They might get shuffled around a bit at later age if they climb high enough, but the only nobility and aristocracy in the US are the guys in congress and senate. People hate their guts but their children will most likely inherit their jobs, fortunes and power. That is the definition of nobility. Officers are enforcing tools to be used and then tossed aside; once they leave the uniform they are nothing.
>>
>>36085158
This. JOs, especially O1s and O2s, are too young and inexperienced to really have any pull with enlisted besides rank. It's the "not knowing whether this particular baby officer is going to reee about some minor thing" that creates their response.
>>
>>36085101

There is no nobility left anywhere in the world to be honest, the Jews killed it all off entirely, as hierarchy is considered evil now.
>>
>>36085101
no

officers are fags
>>
>>36085397

The world is brimming with nobility. If you accept the definition that nobility are those with so much fortune and power that they are capable of passing it all on to their sons. A noble title has never been anything more than a title some ass inherited from the ass who fathered him. Power does not need titles for anything more than adornments.
>>
>>36085393
Historically there has been expendable warrior nobility, ie knights,samurai, equites of roman republic, and many cavalry units.
>>
>>36085466

that is not true nobility, true nobility is known and felt when truly observed. Notice how we stopped feeling this way about our history and heritage when everything became Empirical and not a transcendental reflection of what is natural and what is present in nature.
>>
>>36085466

I would also add that perhaps its not entirely gone, its just that natural nobility is suppressed by a world that demands empiricism and democratic equality.
>>
>>36085523

Being rich enough to afford a tailored wardrobe and having a senior official teach you public manner when you are still a tween, may make you appear noble. Doesn't mean you aren't still an unmitigated bastard when the doors have been closed. But hey, I am willing to discuss cases. Who in our current world would you define as noble beyond the cut of the suit and their public relations agency?
>>
>>36085101
In most branches bot really, but in the Navy the O/E divide is extreme. Morso than other branches. Youll have to ask other army fags about there exp though. In my field all AIT is mixed O/E even within individual classes, so close working relationship and amiabiligy, but this is an exeption.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.