[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1479358078680.jpg (30 KB, 320x394)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Previous>>36446038

Shit Hole edition

LIEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>Stop fucking asking vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:
Armyranger.com

For Ranger info, obviously.
http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES KTHX
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86-non508.pdf
>>
when do we get to invade a shithole country
>>
File: 1515488025902.jpg (504 KB, 960x1280)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
What is HM life like?

It seems to me like it's a pretty chill and interesting line of work that still allows for potentially cooler stuff like greenside/SARC if I think I can handle it.
>>
>>36459877
We already have the military stationed in the US
>>
>>36459847
trump certainly represents the worst excesses of the roman elite.
>>
>>36459903
>when the bantz hit too hard
>>
So if I go Recon Marines, what can I expect day to day and what are some realistic deployments I might get?
>>
>>36459877
>implying we haven't been doing that for over 60 years
>>
>>36459974
when do we NEXT invade a shithole?
>>
Is it even worth trying to do any kind of high-speed SOF shit when I already have a tendency to sprain/hurt my joints?

It's nothing that I've felt the need to see the doctor about, but over my years of athletics it just seems like I'm more prone to it than other guys. And it seems like the harsh reality of the situation is that no one comes out of SOF in better condition than they came in.
>>
>>36459992
certain (((people))) were getting real excited when Trump shittalked Iran, so maybe them within a year or two, but probably not. Maybe if Assad claims victory in Syria they'll find some BS excuse to get us in there because they're buttmad Assad won.

Honestly, other than that, I can't see the US invading anywhere any time soon.
>>
I read somewhere that the Navy/Air Force were going to consider actually giving weight to what a linguist's preferred language choices are, anybody know if there's any truth to that? I'm considering enlisting as a CTI/1n3, would really like to get Russian/Chinese/Korean, the middle eastern ones not so much.
I have some experience with Japanese, but I've heard it's officer-only?
>>
>>36460012
>North Korea
>Venezuela because why not
>>
>>36460195
>NK
Doubtful. Honestly, I see Japan having enough shit and invading before we do. Remember, those missile tests are going right over their country. How would you feel?

>Venezuela
Maybe, but doubtful. Tho there is a lot of oil and Trump did make comments about how we went into Iraq and didn't even keep the oil for ourselves.
>>
File: 1506568084249.png (41 KB, 400x416)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
why the fuck don't the Muhreens have their own corpmen yet?
>>
>>36460236
>invading before we do.
Abe's been doing a lot of cozying up next to Trump. Anything they do will be in tandem with the US.

>How would you feel?
I'd feel like it's time to order some F-35Bs and start refitting Kaga and Izumo for them.
>>
>>36460288
>F-35
God no, those things are a mess right now
>>
>>36460255
Because the marines are still owned by the Department of the Navy :^)
>>
>>36460301
They should do what Israel did and demand their own modifications.
>>
I just hope any invasion of VEN is the same level of neat as panama was. Maybe VEN becomes the start of a US protectorate non-shithole?
Pls gib exosuits
>>
>>36460195
>>North Korea
If nothing happened after they exchanged artillery fire with South Korea and soldiers+civilians on both sides died, nothing is going to happen from twitter insults

>>Venezuela because why not
Cold War is over, we don't invade communist shitholes anymore, just Islamic ones
>>
>>36460320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJVWkPc3a0
>>
>>36460317
..fair enough. Just retarded they don't have their own medic yet.

Also, I'm a little upset because I'm set on the Marines for a number of reason, but I recently found out my grandfather was a medic while he was in the Army and wouldn't have minded continuing that.
>>
>>36460351
It's entirely your choice, but I can tell you from hearing all of my Navy corpsman buddy's stories that being a corpsman working alongside Marines doesn't detract from getting the "Marines" experience without all of the bullshit the average enlisted Marine goes through. Navy corpsman are respected by both branches, much like Navy EOD is respected by the EOD of other branches.

Plus you get to wear a non-shit Marine uniform instead of the downright retarded NWU Type 3
>>
>>36460351
>I'm a little upset because I'm set on the Marines for a number of reason
Like what? Chances are theyre all wrong.
>but I recently found out my grandfather was a medic while he was in the Army and wouldn't have minded continuing that.
So continue it
>>
>>36460385
>>36460394
because muhreeeeeeeeens. look, it's just a thing that will only make sense to myself at the end of the day.

Also, Army is cucked as hell these days anyway.
>>
>>36459847
What’s a good 50 meter swim time to prepare for coast guard training?
>>
>>36460475
Whats the 50 time? In high school we had sub-30s as a reasonable time, I started at 45s and brought it down to about 29s, and I was a skinny fucker
>>
>>36460460
How old are you, brother? I'm not going to talk you out of the Marines, but it's a massive commitment and, if you want to work in the medical field, you genuinely would be better off joining the Navy. I have yet to meet a Marine that would recommend someone to join right after high school, and all of that Semper Gumby stuff won't change the amount of suck that the Marines go through
>>
>>36460460
>Army is cucked as hell these days anyway.
how the fuck would you know?
Go ranger dumbass
>>
>>36460511
Right now mine is around 40-45
>>
>>36460517
22, nearly 23. I know it'll suck, but that's what I'm looking for. I've lived too comfy a life

>>36460542
everyone knows...
>>
>>36460590
Trust me man, you're at the age where you can invest your time wisely and become something great, or throw it down the drain because you want life to suck for some weird reason. If you're going to go military, try to do it as an officer or by going for a rate (or MOS or whatever) that you can transfer to the civilian world. Please don't go in as a 0311 and expect to experience anything but boredom and exhaustion. Suffering on its own doesn't improve your life situation, but enduring suffering while progressing towards your goal is what defines a man.

If you want to experience the suck without signing 4 years of your life, go join the FFL and defect before training is up. There are veterans that go in and walk away because it sucks so bad
>>
>>36460590
>everyone knows...
Knows what? Everyone from RASP has been saying the exact opposite. There were some people saying a few threads ago that the last couple classes going through rasp have been getting destroyed with only like 15% pass rate. Marines are a meme, go ranger medic you dummy. Stop assuming you know things.
>>
>>36460656
I'm doing nothing with my life. To go in as an officer I would need to take 4 more years for college anyway, so that's be 8 years before "getting on with my life"

I know what I'm doing, and I know where I'm going. Like I said, it something that only I will understand.

I planning on going 0321 tho
>>
>>36460688
It's your choice man, and if you can hack it, then do the best you can. I wish you luck, and hope that you find success both in and out of the service
>>
>>36460688
Did you see what I said here>>36460675
Youre making a mistake. Hell why not go SF or SEAL???
Avoid the marines at all costs dude.
>>
>>36459847
working on getting army ocs packet together

interested in branching armor

whats living in an Abrams like?

how large is a modern us mbt platoon? 4 Abrams?

any 19ks here?
>>
>>36460726
You're not convincing me otherwise, it's just not happening.
>>
>>36460746
Buddy, seriously listen to me. On paper it makes far more sense. I simply dont understand why if you have the ability to be a seal or green beret youd pass that up and be a marine instead.
>>
>>36460765
are you a Marine? Because that's the only person that MIGHT stand a chance of convincing me otherwise, and even then, probably not
>>
>>36460784
What about what im saying doesnt make sense? And again why do you want to be a marine so bad? Cmon man youre falling for marketing memes. No one cares about their damn uniform.
>>
>>36460717
thanks, pal. Good luck to you too
>>
>>36460792
I mean... I do, but on a superficial level.

It's not that what you're saying doesn't make sense, it's just that it doesn't matter to me. You're trying to convince someone that's already made up their mind. I appreciate the concern and effort you're making, but I know what I want. If it's a mistake, it's mine to make.

If I had to narrow it down to one thing above all, it's the brotherhood. Everything I've seen, everyone I've talked to and watched say the Marines have a brotherhood unlike all the other branches, and that's what I'm looking for.
>>
File: 1490748250533.jpg (77 KB, 750x545)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Just landed an 11x contract with Option 40, ship date is the 29th, what's the best use of my time before then?
>>
>>36460839
Do drugs and go bar hopping
>>
>>36460568
A fuckload of lowering your time is to improve on your form, and spend as much time as possible in the pool. Some of the form stuff you can't just learn, you might need to look up some videos on it and apply it in the pool. I was really bad in my swim team, and made a sub-30. We had people who were pulling 23's, and that was "average" within the competitive swimming world, at least in sprints (50m races).

Best advice I can give you is to work on form, and to get a good workout in everytime you get in the pool. It also is something that you need to do on a weekly basis, on of those use-it-or-lose-it type of things. Freestyle is the easiest to learn and is pretty simple to learn difficult to master, backstroke is for people comfortable being blind, breaststroke is for people who like to breathe, and butterfly is the most difficult but most efficient stroke. You should stick with free/breast mostly, unless you have prior experience with butter.

Try doing a warm-up 500m, then a quick 100, rest 2-3min, quick 200, rest 2-3min, quick 400, rest 2-3min, quick 200, rest 2-3min, quick 100, rest 2-3min, and then a warm-down 500m. That's 2k.
The warm-up you should take at your own pace, but don't rest for more than 10s on either side of the pool on flips. When I say "quick" I mean as fast as you can go, as good as you can do it.

Some special stuff you can do is to get a floaty-board and do 50's with just your legs in freestyle. You'll need the leg muscle to push yourself rather than drag you down. You can also do the opposite, and not use you legs, simply let them drag you in the pool. Your arms are important. You can also get scuba fins for your feet, and use those to learn how your feet should be used, more of paddles rather than kicks, if you know what I mean. There should be no knee-bending kicking the water, that is how AFAIK you fuck your muscles. Straight legs, moving feet. Your arms are different. Cup your hands, pull as much as you can. 1/2
>>
>>36460857
Your hands, on the backswing when you are pulling water, should stop right below your nipple-line, and pull out of the water, and shoot straight out to full arm extension, and then slap into the pool, pulling water. You want the fastest line from the start of your pull to when you pull them out, as quick and hard as you can. Breathing in freestyle is easy. You can find a side in which breathing is easiest and breathe every 2/4/6 strokes depending on how good you are, or if you feel good about both sides, you can breath every 3/5/7 strokes. DO NOT BREATHE EVERY ONE STROKE. You will not build lung capacity if you pussyfoot this. 3/5/7 (odds) requires you to pay attention to your stroke (one hand cycle is a stroke), so if you are a brainlet like me stick to one side and go evens. Free has the most people doing it, so you'll likely get the best help online from it, but I don't know if the CG does breast or butter as it's standard.
>>
>>36460168
>I have some experience with Japanese, but I've heard it's officer-only?
Think about the countries those languages are associated with. What do Russia, China, and North Korea have in common and how is Japan different?
>>
>>36460880
a land-border?
>>
>>36460834
>If I had to narrow it down to one thing above all, it's the brotherhood. Everything I've seen, everyone I've talked to and watched say the Marines have a brotherhood unlike all the other branches, and that's what I'm looking for.
So let me get this straight, youre telling me rangers, green berets, and seals dont have as strong if not stronger brotherhoods???
>>
>>36460839
29th of january??? How did you get a quick ship bonus?
>>
>>36460839
Get that PT score up, focus on running. Push ups and sit ups are easily improved compared to running. Try and get a sub-13:00 2 mile before you ship.
>>
>>36460839
masturbating because you're a real shit bird it'll be awhile before you can do it again
>>
>>36460914
That's not really a short amount of time for the Army, I shipped 3 weeks after I got my contract.
>>
>>36460914

January yea, they just called the ROC and said alrighty it's a quick ship, I was willing to wait months for a slot but I guess they found one for me.
>>
File: 1504925242931.gif (1.93 MB, 296x299)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>36460902
how about this, explain to me why you're so against the Marines?
>>
>>36460941
hell Guard has all their shit squared away around then too
>what do you mean you know your job
>a bonus?
>>
If anybody has any questions about infantry OSUT, I graduated pretty recently.
>>
>>36460941
But it is for opt40. Most people getting 40s from what ive seen are having to wait months and months to ship.
>>36460950
>they just called the ROC and said alrighty it's a quick ship
exactly qhat i figured. well i hope youre in great shape.
>>36460958
We do this every damn thread.
>Slowest advancement
>no bonuses
>less schools than army
>worse budget than army
>Fucks themselves over on purpose than enjoys it because "we're tough"
If you go green beret they fucking make you an E-5 and its guaranteed E-6 plus fat re-enlistment bonuses and all the cool schools you could want. Plus lots of opportunities to do other cool shit.
>>
File: IMG_20180111_212650.jpg (1.55 MB, 3120x4160)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
Good night anons, penis inspection day is tomorrow. Wish me luck.
t. Asian twink 2.0 with the 99 ASVAB
>>
>>36460975

This is me >>36460839

I'm scheduled to be there the 9th of Feb, got any tips or advice?
>>
>>36460958
Because they actually have LESS training than the Army, they're constantly underfunded, and they aren't even fucking going to combat right now.
>>
>>36460981
>we don't like the Marine because we don't get to do fun shit
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>36460985
drink a FUCKLOAD of water if you are a normal/shy pisser. You should be bursting by the time you finish medical brief with your record finalization.
>>
>>36461005
I dont even know what this means but i listed a lot of stuff and you completely ignored everything else like a kid with autism would.
When I said "cool", i meant high speed shit
recon rangers
delta
cif teams
>>
>>36461021
they just seem like selfish reasons to me, which is retarded when talking about military.
>>
>>36461034
Wanting to make more money over less for the exact same work isnt selfish its smart. If you feel so strongly then donate 100% of your pay to charity.
>>
>>36460958
If you haven't read Terminal Lance, you should start.
>>
>>36461057
but you'll never be a Marine.
>>
>>36461083
Anyone who isn't a masochist is fine with that.
>>
>>36461083
This is 100% proof you fell for the marketing. Ill also never have autism. Guess you win.
>>
>>36461105
guess I should've mentioned that a number of childhood friends ended up going Marines too. How can I "fall for the marketing" if I never look at the fucking marketing? Does watching ex-Marines talk about it count as marketing to you?

>>36461104
then consider me a fucking masochist then, faggots. Life is struggle, and I want real struggle
>>
>>36461135
an't nuffin such as an ehx-muhreen
>>
>>36461135
>Does watching ex-Marines talk about it count as marketing to you?
yes you idiot. They fell into the meme and then kept on selling it to your dumbass.
> Life is struggle, and I want real struggle
Again, so youre telling me seals, rangers, and green berets dont struggle?
Also you already said you live a comfortable life and havent struggled at all. So what were really witnessing it you compensating and trying to struggle so you feel a little more blue collar, isnt that right rich boy?
>>
>>36460991
Be good at PT, don't over-correct your battle buddies during red pahse, and have thick skin. Expect privates to scream at you for fucking up, don't get butthurt just fix yourself. You'll think you have the worst company ever, but really it's probably average. If you clean a lot, people will like you. Honestly my worst experience was at the reception battalion before you get to your actual OSUT unit. 30th AG will suck your soul, pray you only spend a couple of days there.
Generally, just do all the hard or annoying jobs people don't like to do. You know thst old adage, never volunteer for anything? Fuck that noise, volunteer for EVERYTHING. At worst, you'll be a little bored or do some extra PT. At best, it shows the DS and your buddies that you are willing to sacrifice some part of yourself for the good of the team.
Also, red phase is like 90% mind game. If you keep getting fucked up because that ONE FUCKING RETARD WONT STOP CALLING AT EASE WHEN THERES ALREADY A DS ON THE CTA, don't get angry with the retard. He'll learn eventually, and some push ups never hurt anybody.
It'll be a ton of fun.
>>
>>36461013
So I should hold my pee until the drug test?
>>
>>36461159
>rich boy
HAHA! I fucking wish... Seriously, I was in the ghetto, but fuck I was poor by middle class standards.

And yeah, ex-Marine was fucking retarded of me.

I don't get why you're still so fucking set on trying to convince me at this point
>>
>>36461013
>don't piss when I wake up since I was told I'd desperately need it
>eat a fuck ton of complimentary meat the night before and the morning of
>they thought I had a kidney problem due to high protein in my urine
I mean it all got sorted but damn it was a mess
>>
>>36461181
>I don't get why you're still so fucking set on trying to convince me at this point
Im just trying to prevent you from making a mistake. Or at the very least get a real reason other then "muh struggle", which again doesnt make sense cause youre implying other SOF units dont "struggle".
>>
>>36461197
Do you mean high urea?
>>
>>36461198
I'm just going with what you're giving me. You keep talking about how much they suck, so you're implying increased struggle.
>>
>>36461160
>volunteer for EVERYTHING
this
My biggest takeaway from the military in general. False enthusiasm goes a long way and volunteering makes you liked even if you're not the best solider in the world. They really appreciate initiative
>>36461213
maybe? I think it was protein but it was years ago. Basically its a sign of kidney problems and when I went to resubmit a sample months later some poor fuck had the same problem only for real. Felt bad for him
>>
>>36461179
First MEPS? They'll likely run you through Urinalysis (piss right next to five other guys), Blood (they draw blood, duh), hearing, eyesight, hernia/physical, movement. You'll show up and wait, walk in through security, and just keep fucking waiting. Once you go upstairs, (at least at LA MEPS) you are close to done. You go through medical brief, (pray you are in the first set if they are crowded) and then afterwards put you in a line to piss. You can ask the guys ahead of you if you can cut ahead, if you REALLY REALLY gotta piss, they likely will let you go first.

>>36461197
Did you have bacon? You fucked up.
>>
>>36461237
don't forget have an old man inspect your anus
and yeah I ate the living shit out of that bacon.
>>
>>36461223
This is exactly what you dumb marines dont understand. Struggling with a purpose vs just fucking yoruself over is not the same thing. The marines struggle is the latter, which any real marine will tell you. There struggle is the equivalent of slashing your tires then trying to drive somewhere, its struggle just for struggles sake. Thats why everyone gets out of the fucking marines dude, they have the lowest retention rate cause everyone hates it.
Listen im guessing youve done no actual research on the rangers or green berets am i right? You probably havent had anyone actually challenge your dumb decision so far until me and now youre feeling slightly defensive cause im shaking the foundation you built your house on. Take 5 and seriously think, have you even given rangers or GB the time of day and done any research?
>>
>>36461265
Hey fuck you Doctor Bosley is a nice old black man. So is the Maine guy.
>>
>>36461273
>struggle just for struggles sake
Maybe that's what I'm looking for.

And how am I the defensive one? Seems like a little projection to me. I straight up said you're not going to convince me otherwise and you're still trying. Everything you've said I already knew.
>>
>>36461223
So you want the most extreme struggle? Get naked, grab your closest firearm, shoot it at a cop, then run into the woods. Or, throw away all your possessions and survive in the streets of Chicago. Marine suck comes from a LACK of physical suck. It's cleaning 5 days a week because the corps spends all its training money on boot camp. It's seeing 3 years of your life wasted, never doing the job you trained to do, still at the rank you got 4 months into the fleet, crippled with alcoholism and nicotine dependency draining all your money. It's feeling guilty when people thank you for your service, because you feel like you did NOTHING you signed up to do and the only thing you served was the first sergeant coffee.
Semper Fi.
>>
>>36461273

Third party observing this whole exchange. You got the patience of a saint. Other potential marine anon, this guy is really trying to help you, quit digging your heels in and being indignant for just a second and listen to what this guy is trying to tell you.
>>
>>36461305
>the only thing you served was the first sergeant coffee
damn son that is a fucking phrase
>>
>>36461307
Thx, i just have a shitload of free time atm.
>>36461304
>Maybe that's what I'm looking for.
No you arent, cause if you were youd enlist navy undes seamn and spend 4 years sweeping rain and drinking paint thinner.
>>
File: 1495500416643.jpg (10 KB, 217x232)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>36461305
>>36461324
how about this, I'll stand at attention while you faggots just scream at me about how shit the Marines are. Good practice to MCRT
>>
>>36460236
>Honestly, I see Japan having enough shit and invading before we do.
Never gonna happen. If Japan invaded north korea, south korea would instantly declare war on japan. Only the US could invade north korea without south korea instantly declaring war on them. north korea is claimed by south korea and all the bullshit "south korea doesn't want reunification" memes that get peddled don't change that.

Only if kim jong un goes crazy and starts a war on his own initiative will we get boots on the ground in north korea.
>>
>>36461363
>implying Japan would do shit without a combined assault from SK
I mean, I didn't make that clear, but that's pretty obvious.
>>
>>36460301
>God no, those things are a mess right now
pierre sprey gtfo
>>
>>36461345
Id bet you havent even talked to a recruiter yet
>>
I'm shipping into BUDS in February. What should I do to mentally prepare?. I've already read like 6 books on surviving it, I need all of the perspective I can get.
>>
>>36461394
>What should I do to mentally prepare?
100% meme, if youre in great physical shape youll be fine.
>>
So /k/ I want to know the truth, not some BS a recruiter is going to tell me to sign up.

If I join the navy reserves as an AG for a couple of years to finish my degrees (Physical Oceanography and Marine Biology) once I finish my degree would I be able to go active as a Meteorology/Oceanography Officer?

I'd like to take a semester off to go to Bootcamp and A school and then return. How feasible does that sound?
>>
>>36461386
sounds like defeat to me.
>>
>>36461447
You cant convince a person with autism once theyve made up their mind dude. I explained everything and you still wont listen. What this said >>36461305
is 100% correct and in a few years youre gonna remember this.
>>
>>36460236
Japan would never invade Korea without us. They are effectively a client state and limited to defense force legally capped at 500,000 and allowed to conduct only defensive warfare. They lack the budget, manpower and desire to invade anyone.
>>
>>36461374
honestly, I don't see japan conducting combat operations in the Korean theater, or south korea consenting to it if offered. it would be political suicide for any Korean to advocate Japanese troops on Korean soil, no matter the reason.
>>
>>36461135
>Life is struggle, and I want real struggle
>I want my life to suck more than it has to

You'll only ever get hazed, vacuum rocks, play fuck-fuck games, and be bored/tired/wet in some of the worst places to be stationed without being the first kid on your block to get a confirmed kill.
>>
>>36461415

Nothing impossible about what you're saying, but you may as well cut out the middle man, finish your degrees, and go officer right out of the gate if you can.

Since your end goal is officer, talk to an officer recruiter and pick his brain about it.
>>
>>36461394
Read up on the survivors of rape
>>
>>36461394
>"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be."

So sayeth VADM James Stockdale, who was a POW in Vietnam for 7 years. That wisdom ought to apply to BUD/S
>>
File: 1498528755010.jpg (48 KB, 896x921)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>36459847
>THIS IS NOT A COUNTRY OF PEPE THE FROG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFL627o8BAQ
>>
>>36461495
>client state
No. Very integral ally and lower in the power relationship, but not a client state. 50 years down the line, we may see, if china USSR's, Japan become the regional powerhouse again in Asia. They are suited for it, being the Great Britain of Asia, and certainly have the means for it. There is no such thing as a country without the desire to make war, just as there is no such thing as an Anon who wants to disagree. The means, motive, and opportunity are all a nation needs to war, and Japan can claim they need breathing room for their aging populations, since the mainland is crowded, and if they can fall under a more authoritarian government, war can happen.
>>
File: 1505615236953.gif (1.6 MB, 245x180)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>36461694
HOLY SHIT! My sides are in orbit right now.

They're so fucking butthurt about this. The tears are delicious.
>>
File: 1406831651169.jpg (58 KB, 310x304)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
In my first year of college doing jack shit with a political science major. Super interested in air force CCT or TACP and if not that then security forces. Looking into law enforcement after service as well.
Anybody in the thread with experience in these fields? Pros/Cons?
>>
>>36461719
>CCT or TACP
good
>security forces
Never
>>
>>36461745
Why not security forces? Seems pretty EZ and It transitions well to LE
>>
>>36461707
Yes 50 years from now after potential massive military and governmental restructuring maybe. But it certainly isn’t happening any time soon like the other guy implied.
>>
>>36461881
Not in 5 years, no.
My minimum expectation is 15-20.
>>
I’m not joining until his fucking term ends. I’ll finish college if I have too
>>
>>36462265
Whose term? You better be going for medicine, this shit is gonna take a while.
>>
>>36462280
He has only 4 years man. I’ll Graduate with a peak performance physique and try for BUD/S when they start the next election
>>
Don’t be a fucking nuke
16 hour workdays forever xd
>>
>>36459901
it’s one of the 9-5 jobs of the navy
if you go green side be prepared to eat shit forever because “UR WIT DA MARINES NOW AND IM YER BOSS BLUE FAGGOT” but you see combat maybe
>>
>>36461394
don’t be a bitch
will your body to do as you command
Get through buds physical torture
Enjoy being actually trained as an operator and seeing all the cool shit you signed up for
>>
File: 1514644860268.gif (3.86 MB, 459x259)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB GIF
>>36462305
Do you really have 16 years to wait?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEViYvojtY
>>
>>36460985
don’t be a fucking nuke
>>
>>36460475

When I was at boot, you just had to be able to keep going without stopping, there was no time limit. may have changed.

there are other requirements for different rates/jobs later though
>>
How okay is being a tankie in the USA? Thought of applying for a tank commander position in dutchieland, but since they're german owned tanks to begin with and our army can't even afford munition to train infantry with I'd say that job pretty much entails sitting around base and painting the tank while maybe shooting with it once per year.
>>
>>36461841
>transitions well into LE
No it doesn't, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a recruiter. If you can make it as a CCT or TACP, go for it. If you're not up to it, choose something technical instead that will actually help start your career when you're out.
>>
>>36463477
It's shitty. It's mostly maintenance with occasional field training. No real deployments, just rotations to Germany, Korea, or Kuwait. 9 months on, just over a year off, if that. It's just garrison with shittier internet.

>>36460737
4 in a platoon, 14 in a company (3 platoons plus hq section), 29 in a battalion (2 companies plus battalion commander's tank).
Keep in mind the only guarantee is being in an armor battalion. You could be staff, s4, s3, mortar platoon, infantry platoon, or even scout platoon leader.
>>
>>36460839
Do your hobbies
>>
Would a diagnosis of depression and anxiety kill my chances of being 19k or getting into naval ocs?
>>
File: 1493693757058.jpg (46 KB, 340x565)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>36464296
>LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
And yes, the answer is yes.
>>
>>36464296
Don’t tell them fucking anything
Someone in my boot camp made it 3/4 of the way before they nearly died because half their heart never moved and he had severe social issues
But they gave him a chance because he didn’t say shit
>>
>>36464296
Tell the truth.
>>
>>36464296
Hello fellow 19K wannabe
Don't tell them shit unless it is literally life threatening.
>>
>>36464885
please stop
>>
Any coasties in here? I’m trying to go tacklet/msst/msrt. What’s the best rate with the fastest A School wait time to get into one of these billets?
>>
>>36464296
yes. don't tell meps about it or you're donezo. don't bring it up and if you're on meds stop taking them before you go to meps as far in advance as you can.

and for the idiot who lurks this general saying to tell the truth: look at it this way. you can lie about your depression and get in whatever branch you want with literally no consequences or you can tell the truth and not get in any branch for an easily preventable reason.
>>
>>36464296
They'll check your medical records and call you out dude. Might as well tell the truth and avoid jail time for fraudulent enlistment. See it happen all the time
>>
Any enlisted-to-commissioned guys care to comment on the process?
>>
>>36465289
Why bother enlisting?
>>
>>36460168
As cool as all those languages sound, hardly anyone ever gets them and Chinese and Korean are 2 of the hardest courses at dli, Russian linguists do precisely fuck all iirc, if you want to actually do your job then the squiggly languages (Arabic, Farsi to a degree, and pashto) are your best bet, but take my advice with a grain if salt since I'm a Muhreen linguist
>>
>>36465386
Not the person you were replying to, but I am currently going to do this because I just didn't take college seriously, and figured I'd better enlist in the navy. I will go to college in my reserve time (unless the glowinthedarks recruit me after my 8), and then either go for a commission and go 20+, or jump into the private sector with a economics/engineering/math/philosophy degree.
>>
Going to Basic as 11x in a few days.
Trying to find info on what kind of gear and shit they use.
What optics do they use on their M4s?
>>
>tfw father really wants me to call a recruiter today to join as an officer
>Looking for a job with my mechanical degree is not working and we both know I can't continue to live off my dad for much longer.
>tfw self image issues of me being fat makes me not want to call
>tfw even presented with info that they would whip my ass to shape
>tfw friend who joined tells me not to worry
Why am I being a pussy about this?
>>
>>36465386
There's actual respect for people who went enlisted to officer because experience and knowledge and so on, your average Lt straight out of ocs is just your average retarded boot that I'm legally obligated to listen to
>>
>>36465466
Just do it nigga
>>
>>36465466
What branch?
>>
>>36465491
If you are going enlisted-->commissioned simply to be respected, you are better off just going commissioned. If you are doing it to be better at your fucking job than JROTC fags, then you have a real reason.
>>
>>36465509
Should have clarified that's just one of the benefits more than a legit reason, also the less rotc cunts the better
>>
>>36465491
I wouldn't respect anyone who enlisted then became an officer for respect. I'd think you were a dummy
>>
>>36465495
Am I going to come off as bad because tight now in 6 1 at 240. I have manage to cut a lot of weight down to 210 just by dieting and light exercise while at uni.

>>36465505
Air Force, which makes it worse for how bad I feel knowing that they have somewhat easier physical requirements
>>
>>36465707
Hey you are same height as me, basically.
Cut weight, and check the height/weight requirements for the air force. 6'1'' requires 208 or less for enlisted.
>>
Is 35M the only Intel job (in the entire military) that gets to go out into the field regularly? Seems like all the other jobs spent a lot of time inside windowless vaults.
>>
>>36465120
Jrotc faggot in disguise. He is absolutely wrong. There is no system of “medical records”, they literally have ONLY what you give them, don’t listen to this sour grapes never served.
>>
File: horror.gif (1.51 MB, 349x249)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
I'm about to sign a CX contract for the >marins
I want to be a 1371 Combat Engineer. However, the contract also has 2131, 2141, 2146, and 2147 MOSs in it. (they're all repairmen for arty, tanks, LAV's, etc.)

I really want to be an engineer and I really don't want to spend 4 years doing maintenance on AAV's or something similarly useless.

Before I hear lies about how I'll get whatever I want from my recruiter, I'd like to hear another perspective first.

How likely am I to get stuck with one of the 21XX jobs? Even if I'm a PT stud?

At what point are you assigned your MOS? I assume it would before getting shipped off to school because the 1371 MOS has a different schoolhouse location than the 21XX.
>>
>>36463895
thanks for the info anon

so you can branch Armour, but be a lt of a mech infantry platton in an armored battalion? id be pretty extactic to just be in an armored battalion and be in and amongst all those big machines
>>
>>36466082
I faced a similar dilemma when looking for an intel contract. 0231 appealed to me in the Muhreenz, but I didn't want to get stuck as an linguist or working with radios for five years.

In the end I just settled for the Army and signed a guaranteed 35F contract so I wouldn't have to worry about being screwed out of a job. I'm still waiting to ship though, so don't ask any MOS questions.

>>36459962
From what I've seen: lots of PT, a decent amount of respectable training compared to the standard grunts, regular deployments on MEUs, and last but not least, no actual combat since recon isn't SOF.
>>
>>36465582
Thats because youre a non serve
>>
>>36465058

BM (to drive boats on the team) or go to PATFORSWA and then ME, which takes about 2 years to go from boot to team
>>
>they’ll look up your records and arrest you!!
Fucking lol, I had some highlighted sketchy discrepancies on mine and stared an medical corps o-4 in the face and told him I was fine during my sub vol examination, he said “do you feel fit for duty” yes sir, signed my shit and sent me on my way
>>
>>36465794
Yeah but I don't want to talk to the guy now in my current condition.
>>
>>36466688
It'll take a while for paperwork to get set, plus talking to the recruiter is positive action, and should whip your ass into a semblance of direction. I can't motivate you to get in shape, so you'll have to make a decision and stick with it. Take a day, and find out what the fuck you want to do, and fucking get going. You being in poor shape now is not an excuse to get in shape tomorrow.
>>
>>36466006
He's not me, he's just another anon who knows the truth. Shame on you for pushing someone to build a career on a lie.
>>
>>36467592
Kill yourself
>>
>>36467605
That's what you'll be doing in jail after they catch you liar-boy.
>>
>>36467592
Shame on you for shitting on a medal of honor winner.
>>
>>36467623
Its what youll be doing 10 years from now in your parents basement
>>
>>36467623
>implying the military cares enough
>>
File: 1502010254968.jpg (36 KB, 500x462)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>36467309
You are right

>Just call the recruiters number
>The number is no longer connected.
>Mfw
>>
>>36467592
>they can access your medical records
This is just wrong. What the fuck do you think doctor/patient confidentiality is? A fucking sales pitch?
The only way your medical records can be made into federal purview is for you to be some sort of ayyylmao glowinthedark criminal who spouts all sorts of crazy shit.

Now, you shouldn't join if you have serious medical conditions like depression or schizophrenia, the military isn't going to help you with that shit, it'll make it worse.

But asthma? Fucking childhood asthma that means you might breathe a little harder? Fuck off you didn't have it. If you have a heart condition, it is possible you could kill yourself by fucking up your heart in combat or just by exerting yourself, and that is seriously an uncool thing to do to your squad, the sight of death isn't washed lightly. Fucking asthma? A fucking course JROTCfag would say "muh honor" and "muh doody". So long as it doesn't impair your ability to serve or endanger your guys, it didn't fucking happen.
>>
>>36467663
You waive doctor patient confidentiality and HIPAA rights when you enlist.
The reason they can't find this stuff is because they don't know about it and our medical system is such a dumpster fire that it would take billions of dollars to search every recruit's records.
>>
Why do militaryfags go crazy with tats after they get out?
>>
>>36467647
Well then NiGgA find another number. We ain't gonna be around forever, and neither are you at this pace.
>>36467679
rip me sorry. but yeah point stands
>>
>>36467634
No, I'm going to go to college and get a job at OPM to catch liars like you.
>>
Will I be kicked out of basic for having cavities on the front of my teeth?
>>
>>36467688
What do you think I'm doing.
>>
>>36467759
You arent and wont. People have a natural aversion to lsoers like you. Youll be black balled and forced out.
>>
>>36467624
He lied and had no integrity, he didn't deserve those medals.
>>
>>36467779
Keep saying that, I'll make sure to scrutinize every military SF-86 I come across. I'll even make sure to take down their recruiters too.
>>
>>36467796
>>36467780
you sound underaged how old are you?
>>
>>36467780
>>36467796
make a trip so i can filter you
>>
>>36467809
I'm 19, and you'll have a lot to worry about in three years when I graduate.
>>
>>36467826
Forgot to add my name.
>>
>>36467836
>>36467826
Die in gasoline fire
>>
>>36467874
Don't worry liar, I'll put a good word in for you in court when you get caught. So you will only get the fine.
>>
File: 1372391711511.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>36464296
if you actually suffer from that you probably shouldn't join anyway, much less lead.
>>36467874
>>
>>36467899
Good luck finding any evidence I lied because I didn't :^)
>>
>>36467917
meant for
>>36467899
you seem like those retirees who go straight from skating in the military to working in the VA and taking it out on vets for wasting your life as a welfare queen
>>
>>36467926
I'm sure you didn't. That's why you're trying to lead other anon's down the same bad path as you. :^)
>>
Perhaps I could go become a doctor and work for MEPS to nip the problem in the bud.
>>
I have been talking to my recruiter, and he told me lie about smoking weed.
Definitely going to turn him in at MEPS after reading some of these posts. Thanks JROTC anon
>>
>>36468046
>at last I truly see
>>
Hey guise I broke my toe in 1st grade and my recruiter said to not mention it. Thanks to JROTC anons guidance I have decided to report him to the FBI and tell the entire staff of MEPS about it
>>
File: 1515724148634.png (340 KB, 600x600)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
Went to a restaurant with my grandmother yesterday, that bitch took 2 mints on the way out even though the sign clearly said one per person.
Called the cops then and there and had her arrested. My conscious is clear.
Thanks JROTC anon.
>>
hey guys so this last week I took a shit and it was a little longer than my friends shit (I catalogue them) so I asked my recruiter about it and he said that I should lie to MEPS and dishonor my country. I picked up my poo-poo and flung it at the smelly recruiter, and then ran to MEPS naked (so they knew I was hiding NOTHING) and began to scream about how I took a statistically relevant large shit the last week and the MEPS doctor thanked me, saying that when he was in the muhreens he had a friend who took a large shit while deployed in Iraq and it engaged an anti-personnel mine, and he lost his legs for shitting big. I cried, the doctor cried, and the next day I was sworn in as a military police enlisted in the muhreens, and I got to shoot the recruiter as he cried "what the fuck happened to my corps" haha thanks JROTC anon.
>>
>>36468046
>>36468074
Exactly! Thank you for having some integrity.
>>
>>36468116
>>36468129
Shitty bait
>>
>>36468160
yes but it worked
>>
Remember that movie, captain America? He didn't lie at MEPS, he was rejected and he kept lying until they let him in. All potential enlistees should aspire to be like that.
>>
>>36468211
Trying, oops
>>
>>36468160
>>36468211
>>36468220
It isnt bait you idiot is hyperbole. Youre gonna fail out of school cause youre a dumbass.
>>
>>36468220
amen JROTC anon
>>
>>36468229
I just have issues with social cues, I always have. My parents and the counselor told me that it was part of having ADD.
>>
>>36468246
If you go into the officer corps and start competing with the younger versions of guys like pic related, will your malformed social abilities become your undoing? Charisma is a necessity. Get some coaching.
>>
>>36468274
No, because I'll be surrounded by officers. Who are held to a higher standard, and have better integrity. They wouldn't have been able to get away with lying.
>>
>>36468220
>>36468231
Did you just reply to yourself?
>>36468246
>I just have issues with social cues, I always have
Ya thats called autism, not ADD
>>36468274
He isnt going anywhere.
>>
>>36468286
100% complete meme, dead giveaway youve never serevd and never will cause none of what you said is true.
>>
>>36468274
>he doesn't have JROTC name
>not JROTC posting
fucking hell
>>
>>36468286
>They wouldn't have been able to get away with lying.
teehee
>>
>>36468287
1. I never samefag
2. I wouldn't have done so well in JROTC if I was autistic
3. I hope I can make it as an officer, apparently waivers for ADD are easy to get with no medication, counseling, or accommodations.
>>
>>36468286
ROFL, clearly a neverserved
>>
>>36468309
Name one officer that got away with lying to get in.
>>
File: 1512868105582.png (169 KB, 493x263)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>36468286
>No, because I'll be surrounded by officers. Who are held to a higher standard, and have better integrity. They wouldn't have been able to get away with lying.
bro, just wait for os2 to get here and tell you about the uss cowpens
>>
>>36468129
thank you for your service
>>
Has anyone actually done a buddy program enlistment with a close friend?
>>
I had an 11b op. 40 contract lined up. But the rest of that office would rather have stuck by the lying recruiter than help me get my waiver.
>>
>>36468347
They got caught, so you're proving my point :^).
>>
>>36468344
a good 20%~40% of naval aviators/flight officers
>>
>>36468381
Maybe that's why ospreys crash so often.
>>
>>36468365
[spoiler]that's a thing?[/spoiler]
>>
File: audie-murphy.jpg (1.09 MB, 2390x2918)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>36468344
pic related
>>36468395
>ospreys
>navy
the training pipeline only recently opened up for the navy, mate.
>>
>>36468231
Stop pretending to be me
>>
>>36468423
Im reading about Navy enlistment and it says buddy program is an option. Unfortunately all my friends have their shit together so I thought I’d see if any anons have comfy stories about basic with a buddy
>>
>>36468423
Stop it, there's no homo in pretending to be someone you hate.
>>
>>36466082
>At what point are you assigned your MOS?
At the end of MCT, you will be given your orders to your specific school and given your MOS (dependent on you getting through school.)

Your odds of getting 1371 are quite good, since the other MOS in that program are not as in-demand, but the Marines always needs engineers.

Unfortunately, you have no control of the situation. Even if you're smart as a whip and a PT champ, the Corps might decide that it needs someone of your skill and talent to work on LAVs
>>
>>36468449
Oops, honor
>>
>>36468432
nobody will believe that I am you, JROTC anon. There's probably three or four of us now, you can't stop it.
>>
>>36468467
There's only you and me buddy.
>>
>>36468424
I stated my opinion on him in a previous thread.
>>
>>36468477
:^)
>>
>>36460985
Update:
Just finished MEPS signing as AV until my security clearance goes through and I can try for cryptology.
There might be a problem with clearance due to my family in China, though.
>>
>>36468506
You've told your recruiter about this, yes?
>>
>>36468506
I hope you had integrity and didn't lie, and that you told on your recruiter if he pressed you to lie.
>>
>>36468129
Here’s a fellow with some integrity. You’re lucky you reported it, if you hadn’t the doctors would have checked your prior catalogued stool samples and you would’ve done 5 years for fraudulent enlistment.
>>
>>36468506
Be sure to tell your recruiter about that time in 7th grade you ate dessert before dinner
>>
>>36468538
>not telling him what kind of dessert
dishonor to my corps
>>
>>36468538
>>36468548
Stop pretending to be me samefag.
>>
>>36468565
>>36468548
Stop pretending to be me samefag.
>>
Y'know...
Back when I was in the academy, we would follow every toast with a song!
>>
>>36459847
LIEING ABOUT XYZ HISTORY = BAD
LYING ABOUT XYZ HISTORY = GOOD

Let's break the cycle, anons.
>>
>>36468565
Can we ban this imposter already? Tired of dealing with this lack of integrity. When I finish school I’m going to become a mod and ban all imposters.
>>
>>36468582
>LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING = GOOD
ooh-rah
>>
>>36468458
To add: the only way you can get a specific MOS is if you sign a reserve contract.
>>
>36468606
Thread for people with actual honor and integrity.
>>
>>36468626
>thread war
it wasn't supposed to be like this anon, there can only be one JROTC anon
>>
>>36468606
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Military/comments/3p2bxg/lying_at_meps_and_bad_results/

Really activates the almonds.
>>
What bases can 35G get assigned to?
Can they go to Japan or Washington?
>>
>>36468693
>>>>>plebbit
>>
>>36468693
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Military/comments/3p2bxg/lying_at_meps_and_bad_results/
>most comments deleted
JROTC anon, I cannot allow this!
>>
>>36468709
They have the common sense to ban the recruiter shills.
>>
>>36468331
>I wouldn't have done so well in JROTC if I was autistic
Its jrotc it has no value you loser
>>36468347
here, glad you remember that. Did i tell you about it or had you read it somewhere else? Good times.
>>36468380
>got caught
You most likely have no clue about the incident hes even refering to
>>
>>36468754
1. You can't be autistic and succeed in a military environment, otherwise it wouldn't be a date
2. That's when the CO fucked the XO
>>
>>36468817
oops, dq
>>
so the lesson I'm taking away from cowpen is to not fuck your sailors, jut fuck other peoples sailors, right?
>>
>>36468817
>>36468835
>>36468866
Not sure whose who, but everyone was fucking on that ship. Guess what, same happens on literally every mixed gender command.
Enlisted were fucking eachother.
Officers were fucking eachother.
Enlisted were fucking officers.
If you think the military is going to stop people fucking youre delusional.
>>
>>36468817
>1. You can't be autistic and succeed in a military environment, otherwise it wouldn't be a date

bro, I know several people who were clearly undiagnosed autists who did fine in the military. hell the only one who didn't do well was an officer and he was a cunt about being an officer, his autism had nothing to do with his failure.

>>36468344
the ASWO on USS Last ship got into ROTC on a minority billet for being black... even though he looked like hitlers wet dream and had zero AA heritage in his family.
>>
>>36465707
>>36466688
>>36467647

I'm also 6'1", started at 260 pounds back in May when I started seriously considering enlisting. Life was stagnating and I was just wasting time getting older with no plan for my future. Contacted a recruiter in June after doing research and told him my plan. He's been pretty encouraging so far even though we both know it will be a couple more months until I can join, and I already got the ASVAB out of the way and finished the prescreen stuff they do. Now I'm at 220 with only a few weeks left until I hit 208. Contact the recruiter ASAP man, it's been the best possible motivation for me to lose weight knowing I have a concrete goal to reach that will improve my life. Seems like every recruiter's phone is disconnected or something (took me two weeks to talk to a human) but you have to be persistent and talk to them by whatever means necessary. Email, call alternate numbers, just walk in if you have to. Get the process started and then go read the /fit/ sticky (the whole thing) to figure out your weight loss/exercise plan. Since you need to lose 32 pounds, it will be at least 4 months if you consistently lose 2 pounds a week on a strict diet. You can do this if you really want to anon.
>>
>>36468926
>If you think the military is going to stop people fucking youre delusional.

truth. plus if you think sending small groups people into isolation for long stretches of time is gonna help that problem you're a straight up moron.
>>
>>36461135
You seem brain dead. Perfect for the marines.
>>
>>36461135
>How can I "fall for the marketing" if I never look at the fucking marketing?
That's the thing: the Marines' marketing has been going on so long, they don't even need to perpetuate it anymore. Every civilian out there automatically assumes the Marines are elite killing-machine terminators.

>Does watching ex-Marines talk about it count as marketing to you?
1. it's FORMER Marines. When you're in, you'll know the difference and you will repent your error.
2. Yes, listening to war stories is better marketing than any Madison Avenue firm could ever devise.

As a former Marine, I can tell you this:
Yes, you are being tricked into joining the Marines. Yes, it's still worth it.
You will never understand why an abused woman stays with her abuser until you're in the Corps, then it will make perfect sense.

OOH-RAH!
>>
this fag reads too much 40k bullshit
Duty is me performing my current assigned task which my country requires of me, keeping physically ready and not doing shit like drinking or driving or curbstomping some retard for looking at my wife wrong
Integrity is something that should only be counted on in critical situations. Ex I broke something on the ship and can’t hide that shit because it WILL snowball and possibly break something much larger.
Telling a old Indian doctor faggot you got a booboo once and you cried is not mission critical, that’s not duty. That’s not integrity. Who are you defending? What mission are you accomplishing?
I stand ready to kill any enemy that would threaten me, my brothers, my country, ready to pull a comrade out of a burning room without a second thought.
I do my job and I do it well, making sure it is complete before leaving.
I do my best in training and serve well.
And I lied at meps. Because a civillian has no right telling me I can’t serve my country because through my will alone I will prove them wrong, that I am qualified. And I do.
your hyperbolic integrity can eat shit and fucking die, you give no benefit to the cause and you are why the world is becoming such a hugbox, the military will not be your safe space.
Tell a fucking e7 or higher that he’s a faggot for lying at any point in his life and doesn’t deserve any of his merits, post results.
>>
>>36469353
t. neverfuckingservedandneverwill
>>
>>36469413
t. told meps about his hentai preferences
>>
Read the OP and the pastebin about the ASVAB prep site. Are there any other resources you guys would recommend? I'd like to get another good score, but I'm not as smart as I used to be
>>
>>36459847
Hey guys I got a question if I should enlist in the marines infantry active duty.
I just turn 20 a couple days ago and am about halfway through my associates degree for criminal justice(cop) I've been itching to join marines for about a year now and feel like I will regret it if I dont. Question is: what the fuck do I do? Am I too old to join? I mean most police and sheriff departments will hire with military experience, which is what I'd want to do after. I just feel like when I'd get out (24) I'll be old as fuck and lost. Any input helps.
>>
>>36469485
know the names of common tools
be able to do basic algebra
don't be a fucking idiot.
task complete.

to be completely honest, if you are the kind of person who needs to study for the ASVAB to get a high score, you should select a nice building over 4 stories in height and leap off to spare the world your genes.
>>
>>36469561
>Am I too old to join?
No. If you want, you can get your bachelor's and go in as an officer. You're not old unless you're 30+
>>
>>36469561
max age is like 28 dude. finish your meme degree, go to ocs.
>>
>>36469561
20? no you're perfectly fine. "too old" is generally 22+. Military experience (unless as MP) is well regarded by most police orgs, and you'll pick up a GI bill.

OTOH, it's fucking peacetime.
>>
>>36469577
I didn't need to study when I was 18
>>
>>36460890
Incorrect, (ex)Commie country.
>>
>>36469613
Good. Unless you've done a metric shitton of crack cocaine in the meantime, your scores won't have changed.
>>
>>36469561
>Don't fucking do it.

Get your and go to OCS and get paid for what you do.

If you enlist you live like a 14 year old at your super strict aunt and uncle sams for like 5 years until you're a Sergeant and then you are just baby sitting a bunch of fuck nuts that you will resent because the standards will continue to lower and lower to the least common denominator until there is nothing left of my beloved Corps except the name and the memories.....but I digress....
>>
ITT neverserveds whinge about the great game.

Get in the game nerds. We're all abused children in here, you'll love it.
>>
>>36469663
Quick question: how old are you?
>>
>>36469676
25, and forever regretting joining the military (11B E6). What would you like to know?
>>
>>36469690
WHy didnt you go rasp or SF?
>>
>>36469698
Because I'm married for double the fml (she's ~120lb, so you know I follow my own advice). At least I got my Ranger tab.
>>
>>36469604
>too old" is generally 22+
23 and trying to enlist, fucking kill me
>>
>>36469746
You're fine. The limit is 35 without a waiver.
>>
>>36469746
Dude there are ancient 28 year old guys that enlist. You'll be fine.
>>
>>36469746
you'll be fine. old man status isn't until 24+. Keep in mind you'll be a PFC the same age as your team leader's boss lel.
>>
>>36469746
Had a guy I went to boot camp with who was like 35. That was also 7 years ago though so things might have changed
>>
Should I tell the truth on this or should I tell them what I said on my enlistment papers? Do they have the ability to find out the truth if it was juvenile and nothing was ever court-involved?
>>
>>36469908
Have some integrity, tell the truth!
>>
>>36469718
>Because I'm married for double the fml
What does this mean?
>>
>>36469917
And get fraud enlistment? Heт
>>
>>36469413
E4 in the navy lmao but do I really have to prove to some neet on /k/
>>
Can you smoke cigs in subs
>>
>>36469927
They're going to find out anyway you filthy liar!
>>
>>36469908
What specifically did you lie about?
Pro tip if it had anything to do with the court system they probably can find it.
>>
>>36469908
If you actually have mental problems then you probably shouldn't join. If you've been involuntarily committed they might find out otherwise probably would never find out unless your contacts tell. what job do you want
>>
>>36469984
unless your joining the army, that shits ok now.
>>
When you are getting a security clearance and they check for debt, do they care about federal aid debt (like school loans)?
>>
>>36467917
It doesn't affect anything for me really. I just kind of carry on yk? Just lack of sleep but it doesn't bother me. What I'm afraid of is getting diagnosed fully and fucking up my chances at a good career
>>
>>36470015
Yes/No. It will most likely throw an instant flag but then you just have to be able to explain the debt. If they can clearly see it is student loans, or a mortgage or a car loan, etc. then it normally doesn't stop at all.

It's the massive unexplained debt that puts full stop on stuff.
>>
>>36470015
not really. unless it's for something irresponsible and 40k+ they don't care. it's about easy bribe/blackmail material.

if you have school loans make paying them off one of the features added to your contract.
>>
>>36470044
I have a little bit since I've been in for a year or so, but I'm hoping to join, pay them off, then finish college when I'm done with my contract.
>>
File: manson and his whores.jpg (706 KB, 2000x1334)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
How much charisma does a military leader actually need to be successful? I have heard most officers in the world are just managers but only a handful could actually be considered leaders.

What makes the difference between Herman McDerp, Regional Manager of Supply and Charles Manson levels of instant charisma?
>>
>>36469908
>EVER
What the fuck I thought it was past 7 years
>>
>>36470082
0. As long as an Officer hits his wickets then he can be the biggest bag of dicks in the world.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/i-now-hate-my-ship-surveys-reveal-disastrous-morale-on-cruiser-shiloh/
https://taskandpurpose.com/floating-prison-uss-shiloh-sailor-surveys-reveal-totally-demoralized-crew/
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politics/morale-problems-us-navy-shiloh/index.html
>>
>>36469746
not sure if you'll see this, but I'm 24 and just talked to my recruiter, tomorrow is ASVAB, good luck to you
>>
>>36470230
My roommate was 24 and a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>36470690
At the MEPS hotel that is.
>>
If I live near a MEPs, will I still get put up in a hotel?
>>
>>36470718
Probably, just for logistical purposes. You can talk with your recruiter though.
>>
>>36470718
how close? they'll most likely bus you, hell i drove myself there since it was that close
>>
>>36470732
>>36470741

Nearest MEPs is in Richmond, VA. I go to college in Williamsburg, which is about 45 minutes away. I'm going officer, but I doubt they'd treat me any differently for MEPs.
>>
>>36470805
i went to MEPS to apply for OCS. I drove myself. You'll only be doing a physical then unless youre army then i think you guys do the ASVAB still
>>
>>36470829
I'm going Navy, so all my testing is done. I'm the anon who took the ASTB Wednesday.

I had LASIK done in November, so I won't be getting my physical done until May at the earliest.
>>
>>36470805
My MEPS is literally 10 min away. I asked my recruiter if I could drive myself but they said its easier logistically to just go to the hotel. I don't have any choice now really since someone crashed into and totaled my truck.
>>
>>36470881
That makes sense. Waking up at 3 AM to drive to MEPs when I could just stay at a hotel nearby is stupid.
>>
>>36470718
>>36470732
>>36470741
>>36470805
>>36470829
>>36470881
>>36470917

They pretty much put everyone in hotels for MEPS now. Apparently the people processing everyone are so braindead that they can't handle recruits showing up by themselves. They need the branch liaison to show them a list of people with certain documentation, and the liaison stays at the hotel until he/she takes everyone to MEPS.
Fucking retarded but that's how it works.
>>
>>36471005
>Apparently the people processing everyone are so braindead that they can't handle recruits showing up by themselves
>braindead

Explains why MEPs is an all day affair that consists mostly of sitting around, based on what I've heard.
>>
What the point of being in the military right now if all the real fighting has already been done, and it's technically peacetime?
>>
>>36471127
bennies
>>
>>36471127
3 hots
a cot
mad enlistment bonuses
paid to go to college
free healthcare
hella partying
>>
>>36471127
It will start up again. If recent cut rates for RASP and shit is anything to go by, we may be coming near a fight we brewed ourselves. Which is good, at least for the USA, which is all that really matters.
>>
>>36469962
>Do they have the ability to find out the truth if it was juvenile and nothing was ever court-involved?
>and nothing was ever court-involved
>>36469984
Very tldr
>bipolar+schizo+ptsd vet dad
>ran away from abusive household
>caught+5150 @14yo
>released first thing in the morning, "no issues"
>claimed I wanted to hang myself (never did) to 911
>5150 for 72h
>hurr his dad is bipolar+schizo, lets label him that
>every hot met to prescribe when adhd became a meme plus lithium
>woops, we never formally tested you
>woops, looks like you have no issues, so just don't take meds after you turn 18

None of my contacts know about it, and looking at 35G army
>>
>>36471235
Dad* claimed I wanted to hang myself

5150s were both
>police: sign this paper
>me: ok
>police: this ambulance is going to take you to x for up to 72 hours now
>>
>>36471235
>35G
>Top Secret
Not happening
>>
>>36471235
>>36471268

Just be truthful on your SF-86. I know people with way worse mental histories who hold down clearances just fine.
>>
>>36471276
>jrotc anon here
>>
>>36471288
N-no
>>
I lied about mental history at MEPS because it was a misdiagnoses in middle school and I was medicated for less than a year. Should I still lie about it on the SF86 when going for Top Secret
>>
>>36471371
Stop pretending to be me
>>
>getting hair transplants because bad genes
Do I have to let my coc or commander know about that?
>>
>>36471374
yes you retard
make sure your references know to shut their traps
>>
Throughout my life I have:
>Fractured both knees within a year of each other when I was 9 with only one knee needing a cast
>Fractured right foot when 14
>Got diagnosed with sleep apnea at 22

I'm sure the stuff when I was younger won't be that much of an issue but the sleep apnea bothers me even though getting rid of it was as easy as losing 20lbs.
>>
>>36471431
What if one of them hates me and will refuse to lie on my behalf? And if I tell her to lie she will tell the investigators I asked to do so?

It's a family member, so I can't just not list her
>>
>>36471487
well, odds are they won't ask. good luck I guess.
>>
So, question about SF-86 stuff. Will they actually contact residency references I put down and family members as well?
>>
>>36471637
Secret - No
Top Secret - All of them
>>
>>36471639
Okay. The SF-86 is for Navy OCS, so the TS investigation would only come later on, wouldn't it? Would I get a chance to update contact information?
>>
>>36471374
>>36471431
>>36471487
>>36471511

This is a stupid problem to have. This isn't disqualifying for a TS, just disclose and move on with your life.
>>
>>36471673
I don't know how it works for OCS, but for enlisted they will usually do the investigation when you are in AIT or at your job. Just give you an interim clearance in the meantime.
>>
>>36468506
Bump. Does anyone have any actual input?
>>
>>36472163
>>36472163
>>36472163
NEW THREAD
>>
>>36471487
Sounds like she has issues. You can say she's estranged on your SF86 and they're required to consider that she'd say bullshit to fuck you over.
>>
How do you join the 160th as a 68w?
>>
>>36469943
all ships can’t smoke or dip anymore

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.