[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: contempt.gif (1.08 MB, 231x239)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
Could /k/ tell a civilian that will never be able to serve what it is like to serve? Is it any good? Did it give you purpose? Did you come out a better man?
>>
>>36463925
killin' is fun if you don't like it your a pussy
post more tits
>>
File: greet.gif (1.23 MB, 360x240)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
>>36463933
>>
>>36463925
Test
>>
>>36463925
>what it is like to serve? Is it any good?
Pretty meh, overrated. I miss some of the people, some were pigs. It was mostly just a job except they could move you across the country etc if your number was rolled.
I'm a lot happier as a civilian, more control over my life.
>Did it give you purpose?
Not really, just an ok job. My purpose was to do what I was told so I could continue making money.
>Did you come out a better man?
Yeah, but one can't help but mature over 4 years. Otherwise, I came out a richer and bit older man, sure, not sure that I was any better than if I'd just done something else.
>>
>>36463925
jumpsuitedmonster
>>
>>36463925
Damn that bitch has a big head
>>
>>36464342
more like a twig body
>>
>>36463925
Easiest job I ever hated.
Getting drunk in Muslim countries and dodging the popo is fun on a bun and I miss my niggaz, but fuck the Navy. Full of organizational incompetence.
>>
>>36464383
Secondly, it gave me purpose in the sense that I was able to discern what I wanted to do with my life because anything beats being stuck in fucking Norfolk.
Also taught me two valuable lessons: how to deal with bureaucracy, and how to avoid it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>36463925

> did you come out a better man?

When in thinking orgies worry disgusting thing I'd never partake in
Came out having every sexual experience in my life so far having only happened in an orgy.

So there's that...
>>
>>36463925
It's a huge PITA, I would not do it again, but then maybe that's why they call it service?
>>
Everyone is going to have a different story and experience. Mine was both great and shitty at the same time, I'd enlist again if I went back in time but now that I'm out I wouldn't go back in unless as an officer. Now I'm just focusing on school/relationships/lifting and trying to become a professor.
>>
>>36463925
Considering dropping out of school and joining for that sweet GI bill afterwards to avoid loans, but I also wanna do cool guy gun stuff and not be a pog. wat do
>>
>>36463925
did this bitch ever get naked or am i wasting my time
>>
It sucks, everything sucks, and you just acclimate to the suck. It won't save you from yourself either.
>>
>>36465051
enlist for a not pog job
>>
>>36465079
>Not letting the 40 ASVAB HS dropouts take the bullets for you

Feel great when a young infantryman with destroyed knees from rucking has the lack of self awareness to talk shit about non meatgrind jobs
>>
>>36465051
You can get real world experience during enlistment, find out what you want to do in life and try to get that job in the military. The military consistently turns out the finest medics, nurses, and doctors.
>>
>>36465051
Don’t enlist, there are little to no major hot zones that conventional troops go to anymore, or spend a year+ doing training for SOF and try not to fail out of the school. Honestly if you are just doing it for education, have a comfy 4 year enlistment doing some desk job that won’t make you hate your life after a year and a half of doing it.
>>
>>36465078
>Embrace The Suck (TM)
>>
>Post 1, this is post 2, radio check
>>
>>36463925
>>36463937
What's her name?
>>
>>36465265
you forgot to over

BN SGM is going to have your ass, he's monitoring this net
>>
It's a pain in the ass for the most part, but worth it if literally your only alternative is minimum wage retail grinding. If you aren't retarded with money you can save up a respectable amount and of course dat GI bill.

I'm glad I did it, no regrets, but I wouldn't do it again. There's just too much mind-numbing stupid in the service, it's the reason lots of people don't reenlist.
>>
>>36465128
I figured I could do something engineery, my current major is biomed engineering but idk if I can continue to take out loans. My thought was air force or navy to do something like that.
>>36465176
I will absolutely hate myself if I have a desk job, my current internship involves me sitting at a desk all day and I want to blow my brains out.
>>
>>36465338
Consider being a seebea, navy construction for deployed areas, you’ll build up FOBs, and work outside, IIRC they even have a “special ops” detachment
>>
>>36463925
If you're gay it's pretty good. I sucked a lot of dick when I was in.
>>
File: 1514398826688m.jpg (81 KB, 710x1024)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>36463925
Idiocy, boredom, lack of sleep, then fucking off and random naps, fuck this, false honor and then stupiddrunken shenanigans and moments of pure terror
>>
>>36463925
you mean to give part of your life to the Jews?

and there is a shitload of STDs
>>
>>36465276
see >>36464317
>>
>>36465654
/thread

also, sauce
>>
>>36465810
ava sparxxx
>>
File: 1430057985052.jpg (60 KB, 700x535)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Did four years in the US Army. Its like doing inconvenient tasks in uncomfortable conditions. Sometimes its miserable, but some of my best memories are from miserable moments. You make friends that you will never forget. And then you will hardly talk to each other once you get out. I do find my four years in the military to be a positive experience. It gave me a purpose and time to get my shit together. Once I was discharged I grew extremely depressed. I felt that I lost my purpose. I used my GI bill to go to school and now I work in EMS and feel that I have purpose again. I have a miss's, I have a good job with benefits, I am making money and am happy
>>
File: robotti bete 01010.jpg (295 KB, 1200x1657)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>36466875
dicks are aesthetic
>>
>>36466875
this board doesn't really have an above average number of trans people. the namefags are because /k/ is full of newfags and facebook idiots.
>>
>>36465276

ms. skeletal
>>
>>36463925
It's like a 3 year prison sentence you volunteer for.
>>
>>36472848
sounds great
>>
>>36463925
I could probably give a good summary of what it would be like based off what friends and family in the military have told me, but as never being in the military I have not a clue of procedure or daily life for the most part so my description would probably be 6/10 at best
>>
>>36472848
How would you know?
Have you been to prison?
>>
>>36463925
Mandatory army service. Would have went volunteerly anyways, best time of my life. Obviously it was physically and sometimes mentally tough too but very rewarding, and I enjoyed many stuff. I'm an active reservist now and hopefully I'll get my firearm priviledge in few years
>>
>>36466754
This. I did seven years in the Army. Similar experience all around, with the addition that I was intelligence and worked with all the other services. Navy is full of lazy and incompetent degenerates. USMC is criminals and psychos. Air Force is sad sacks full of regret. CG are a very small highly disciplined social club. Every service has their outstanding people though, and those are all alike.

I'll tell you MI is not a band of brothers. People screw each other over all the time, slowing or ending careers to get ahead. And youll be dealing with other services who dont understand the Army culture you were given. By the time I got out, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. But it was fun at first and I definitely got a nice resume now. If we go to war again I'm joining combat arms.
>>
>>36463925
It makes you a capable killing machine and raises your bullshit tolerance ceiling.
>>
I believed the commercials. I really should have went to college and OCS. The Marine Corps was the single largest collection of fuck ups and double digit IQ having motherfuckers I have ever encountered. It was another 4 years of high school... on steroids... with all females and decent people removed. That said, I found a few good friends there, but holy shit was that recruiting brainwashing wrong. I thought I was joining some elite fraternity of warriors, turned out to be a bunch of jocks who were still amused by burning ants with a magnifying glass
>>
>>36463925
hazserved here
4 years Army 4 years ARNG
MOS's 19K and 19D
1 combat tour in AFG as Saw gunner performing 5-6 combat patrols a week.
Many people have a wide range of experiences. The Air Force people I served with all viewed thier job as a 9-5. Some of the support-type roles have similar experiences. Combat arms, not so much.... I loved it and never would have come back from Afghanistan if I were single.
It's nearly impossible to make a marriage last going to combat.
I did not care for the garrison environment, but I could play the part. Pretty much, it was just busy work and a lot of janitorial work. I loved the field. It was basically going camping with your best buddies with lotsa guns and playing war games. FTX's were fun. M1A1 gunnery is fantastic.
It's a good, simple life. You don't have to worry about anything outside of maybe paying a phone cell phone bill. There are a lot of benefits that can be had. It was also something that was very meaningful to me. I took great pride in wearing the uniform.
You will make some of the tightest bonds you will ever have.
You will have some of the lowest lows of your life when you load a brother-in-arms into a chinook under a drapped flag. I cannot describe what it's like experiencing picrelated. As I type this, I feel a lump in my throat and a flurry of rage and sorrow are coming up along with a tear welling up.
If you don't half ass it, it can make you a better man.
That being said, if you aren't the type to half-ass it, you probably will turn out ok in civilian life, anyway.
>>
>>36465265
>gotchya victor lickin chicken
>>
>>36466754
>separation anxiety
It's very real, anon.
Glad you found your way
>>
>>36473441
Sounds great my man. I'm 7 yr gear a few posts up. Dwell time: 7 goddamn years, CONUS. I'm jealous of your experience. My brother had two combat jumps and he said the same things before I joined. I just wasn't sure if I could handle it. That does sound like my kind of simple life though. Too old for it now, probably. Sorry for your loss m8.
>>
>>36473495
>jealous of your experience
Please don't be. It's not what the larpfags and nogunz think it's like.
You raised your hand and swore an oath. That's what counts.
Cheers m8
>>
>>36463933
Autism
>>
>>36463925
>Most people do it for a paycheck
>A lot of idiots in the military, actual idiots
>And because of mental health medical discharge, I'm ashamed to tell people I've served because they always want to know about my time in the army

I did it for the fun of it
>89D, EOD
>>
any army medics here? im very interested in EMS moreso than shooting people, is it good experience?
>>
>>36463925
It sucks ass. It's mostly fucking mopping and cleaning your fucking room. If you're a grunt in a pog unit it multiplies. Weekends are fun though
>>
>>36476297
Not a medic but met a few. You'll be in San Antonio a bit, then sent to a medical unit to work in a health care facility. Ten years ago you'd be attached to a combat arms unit and train with the grunts. Would recommend only one short (3yr) enlistment, then reclass or get out. Even if you don't want to be EMS, you can be hired by Dept of the Army or a private contractor as an instructor. Units are in constant need of first-aid / combat lifesaving recertification.
>>
>>36473297
>MI is not a band of brother
This. I never knew this level of drama was possible. Strategic units are even worse, but the overall fuckery in the community is unbearable. Especially with the foxes, fuck those guys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.