[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1452828603557.jpg (202 KB, 680x750)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Previous >>36459847

Rhodie edition

LIEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>Stop fucking asking vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:
Armyranger.com

For Ranger info, obviously.
http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES KTHX
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86-non508.pdf
>>
whenwe
>>
My parents are naturalized citizens from China, so I have many relatives still over there. Other than that, my record's completely clean. What are my chances of getting security clearance for cryptology? The Navy liaisons and my recruiter didn't seem too hopeful.
>>
>>36472276
Just go for it. You have at least a chance. Have a backup job in case you get denied.
>>
>>36472276
You'll be fine. My dad used to work with a lady at the nsa who was born in Iran.
>>
Rhodesia is lame
>>
File: 1508518601316.jpg (161 KB, 1200x801)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>36472276
Forgot to mention that I'm US born and I've only been to China once when I was really small.
>>36472286
Submitted the form earlier today. I'm already contracted for AV/SG, which doesn't sound too bad.
>>
File: 1492159942561.jpg (106 KB, 847x871)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I'm supposed to go to MEPS next week and I have an Option 40, but recently I met this girl and think we might have a future together and don't want to disappear from her for half a year. Do I pick the girl or the army?
>>
>>36472204
zimbabwe master race
>>
>>36472344
Army. Dump the girl/sign prenup.
>>
File: Manlet.jpg (599 KB, 628x991)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
Manlet here. How should I explect my height to affect my time at basic training. Other than making rucks harder and pull ups easier, will it actually change my experience at all?
>>
>>36472344
Army, fuck bitches shoot arabs
>>
>>36472344
Army, join or regret it the rest of your life.
>>
>>36472344
If she can't handle 6 months away from you she's not going to make it as a military spouse
>>
>>36472638
dont you mean she is perfect military spouse material
>>
File: 1505858851006.jpg (499 KB, 1994x1496)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>36472367
>>36472504
>>36472607
>>36472638

Yea I didn't want to enlist being in a relationship at all anyway, and her and I aren't serious at all yet, it just seemed really promising. Next conversation with her is gonna be a tough one. Thanks y'all.
>>
I am going to be joining the army soon, and need help picking a job. I want to fight and not just be a desk jockey, but i also want something thats worthwhile outside of the military, like a pmc. What do i do? I hope this isn't to vague.
>>
>>36472912

Any kind of Combat Engineer desu.
>>
>>36472936
So, no medic?
>>
File: 1506195118594.jpg (452 KB, 1400x1050)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>36472942

Only medic i know is with the Royal Navy, They spent so long in training, i mean it might be good for the future depending on your country but really i wouldn't if you wanted to go in any time soon. In Bong land doctors get paid piss all as it is and there's really no way to get anything more than nursing job thanks to the amount of poo's with fake medical degrees taking up all the proper jobs. Might be different in the states or colonies but i guess ... The absolute STATE of the British armed forces
>>
Will they know if i use kratom?
>>
What's /k/'s opinion on 92f? Is it a good choice?
>>
>>36472486
SOURCE ME RIGHT THIS INSTANT
>>
>>36472977
Ok. Thx for the advice bud.
>>
How do we get rid of jrotc anon i really don't want him leading people down the wrong path. he seriously must have a form of autism.
>>
>>36473029
yes they test for it
>>36471673
youll meet with the security officer and be given a chance to make corrections if you need anything above secret
>>
File: 1515647141221.jpg (42 KB, 481x550)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Reminder to everyone thinking about joining the military to have some integrity. There is no honor in lying to MEPS because they will find out and it's easier to get a waiver. Tell the truth to MEPS and turn in your recruiter if he tries to get you to lie to them.
>>
>>36473119
>92f

Sure, it's a fine job. You'll always be busy, that's for sure. It sounds silly on paper, certainly on /k/, but it's a good job with lots of different responsibilities as you advance.
>>
>>36472276
You’ll go through training as normal as some secretary looks through your records and eventually gives you your clearance
Just enlist as normal and if you are for some reason denied it then you’ll be rerated
>>
>>36472486
A 5’5 manlet at my command is the strongest guy here
Stop buying into memes made by insecure retards
>>
meps only serves as a filter
Why would you cut your chance to serve because you had a tummyache in the second grade
>>
>>36473888
I’m gonna laugh when you get cucked at medical cause of your radicalized integrity
>>
>>36473974
What kind of fuckups do we have here that lying at MEPS always comes up?

I didn't have to lie; the biggest lies I even heard of was denying having tried weed.
>>
>>36473941
Oh, here's something to remember: do not get assigned to an aviation unit as a 92F. Those helicopters are always flying, round the clock, and that means they always need fuel.
>>
>>36472942
You can get an EMT certification in 2 years from your community college. Going medic isn't all that great.
>>
>>36474182
You can get that emt in 6 weeks in the army
>>
>>36474041
For example mentioning tonsillectomy at a hospital in Germany over 18 years ago that no longer exists and could never get paperwork for because it doesn’t fucking exist would permanently disqualify me from serving until I produced the nonexistent documents, gave them to an old Indian faggot who wouldn’t be able to read them and disqualify me from service anyways.
Don’t cuck yourself.
>>
>>36473888
Go shit up another thread, you absolute gaylord.
>>
>>36474327
Dude, you misunderstand me. I'm not saying not to lie (or rather, simply not divulge every little thing). Conveniently forgetting that you broke your toe playing soccer when you were six years old is one thing, but it seems that these threads have devolved into:
>I was diagnosed with anxiety/ADHD/autism/depression/Downs syndrome/irritable bowel syndrome but I still want to oper8, what do I tell them at MEPS?
>>
>>36473982
He already was. That’s why he is this way, it’s sour grapes.
>>
>>36474751
All I have to do is find a recruiter with integrity. Getting a waiver will be easy
>>
>>36474767
Getting a waiver means getting accepted despite a flaw. Flaws are the opposite of integrity. A true integral recruiter with integrity won't give you a waiver.
>>
I want to join the marines to learn to become a pilot or mechanical engineer. I've tried university, but it just isn't for me, and I really excelled in military school. What can I expect?
>>
>>36472486
I've fapped to this one so many times, but I can't remember the name. She's a volleyball star and says on TV that she wants to marry him at the end. What's the name of this again...hm....
>>
I'm 5'7" and I just signed an 11x option 40 contract. How screwed am I?
>>
Do you guys get a transcript or some kinda testimonial when you complete service? If so, what do they say? Can I see a sample?

I'm asking because that's my job now, and doing it well will help servicemen transition to the civilian workforce more easily.
>>
>>36474767
Stop pretending to be me, but unironically this.
>>
>>36472344
How have you been training? I know RASP is less ruck intensive and individually intensive than SFAS, but it's still no joke.
>>
>>36475079
Where are ou getting this info you meme lord, neither of those things are true.
>>
How is Navy basic?
>>
>>36475093
does RASP usually have a 40 mile ruck march at the end of Phase 1? Does it have an equivalent to the 18 mile land nav test in SFAS done completely alone? I'm not saying that RASP doesn't have rucking or that it doesn't focus on land nav, just that SFAS seems to focus much more on these skills.
>>
>>36475212
I Just thought as difficulty goes rasp si tougher than sfas.
HAve you seen that article saying how easy sfas has become cause they need to force people through cause of how desperate they are for more GBs?
Also most people from the last few classes of RASP said the pass rate has been at like 15%. So if anything RASP has gotten tougher.
>>
>>36472276

If you speak chinese, use that as an asset. they might not give you crypto, but might give you some type on interpreter intel job similar to crypto or working with them
>>
>>36475124
>How is Navy basic?
Compared to the Marines' boot camp, it's a piece of cake. Compared to anything you're likely to encounter in the civilian world, it's jarring.

You're expected to move really fast to every destination, and then wait patiently when you get there. You will have to learn a new language on the fly. You will experience a considerable sense of dissociation, particularly in the first week, but once you get into the routine of it, the rest just flies by.
>>
>>36474480

>broken bones that have healed
>certain psych evals attributed to a situation

are easily waiverable

>missing limbs
>chronic suicidal thoughts
>genetic problems

have a high likelyhood of being found at boot
>>
>>36475226
Yeah standards were also reportedly dropped for RASP back in 2012 and there was also some article in 2016 saying that standards would be dropped for women entering the 75th. Who really knows at this point what is really harder physically. I mean honestly, BUDS seems harder physically than RASP or SFAS.
>>
>>36474956
>military school
explain.
>>
Is there anything I can do once I’m in the service to get myself on the inside track to being a 160th SOAR pilot? Obviously doing well in Flight School is one, just wanted to know if there was anything else
>>
I left my fucking cac card on base
kill me
>>
>>36475438
I’d be going into the service through WOFT
>>
>>36475281
>BUDS seems harder physically than RASP or SFAS.
This si probably true. I think its a trade off though, loads of swimming in buds obviously but far less rucking to the best of my knowledge.
>>
>>36475480
you have your packet and letters of recommendation from aviators ready to submit?
>>
>>36474956

>military school

Like OCS at the citadel, or like your mommy and daddy sent you to boarding school?
>>
>>36475552
Yeah I mean in the end they all challenge different parts of the body physically and they all challenge people mentally differently. And then you have Delta selection which is just 30 days of hell in skinwalker land.
>>
>>36475628
>Delta selection which is just 30 days of hell in skinwalker land
How much do you actually know about this? Memes adise whats it like and wtf is skinwalker land? Ive heard of skinwalkers but wheres their land?
>>
>>36475438
Basically be super shit-hot and hope there are slots available? But in the end, if you're joining the military to fly and have such a specific desire like that, then prepare to be disappointed
>>
>>36475604
Projecting or just poor?
>>
>>36475709

just trying to be mean, i had the option to go to a military boarding school for free due to muh grades, but instead went to an inner city public school with drugs, gangs, and teen pregnancy

also the recruiter from the citadel tried to get me to go there and I said no and went enlisted
>>
Prospective 35M here:
>18K enlistment bonus
>get to go to language school
>get cool HUMINT training
>spend lots of time in field unlike other 35 series
>get TS clearance
>can go Op 4 or Op 40
>all this with a 3.5 year contact
>great resume for 3-letters afterwards

Is it too good to be true? Is there any reason for me not to go 35M?
>>
>>36472163
Will I actually learn a lot about firearms in the Infantry, or will I just stand in a line for 2 hours to shoot a dozen rounds? I saw a thread today saying veterans are all fudds that don't know shit

I wanted to join Army Infantry and then work with firearms afterwards, is this a dumb idea?
>>
>>36475880
>Is there any reason for me not to go 35M

it's still a really good job, but there are reasons to not do it.

they are currently overrecruited and will be overstaffed and then good luck getting promoted.

as of last year, at least, mikes were overstaffed by nearly 40%. ait classes were enormous. so you have a good chance of spending a lot of time doing work that has nothing to do with your mos.

also, there aren't that many slots in the ranger regiment for 35m's
>>
>>36475979
>Will I actually learn a lot about firearms in the Infantry
No. You actually do very little shooting and it's limited to only a few weapons. If you want to spent a lot of time around guns, get a job in the armory.
>>
>>36476012
I was thinking about this, is it hard to become one in the Army? If it's an actual mos I'll go for it but I don't want to go supply and get my hopes up.
>>
>>36475029
Sorry dude the only people that get into any kind of SOF is 6'3" at the minimum.
You have to be tall to run and do pushups bro
>>
>>36475981
What I don't get though is that if they're over recruited and soon to be overstaffed, why offer such a large enlistment bonus?

I figure that the Army offering such a hefty sum is a good indicator that they need more of that particular MOS.
>>
>>36476314
That's how the army always works, they will always rather have too much of something than not enough:
>We need more of X, recruit tons of them
>Oh shit, we have too many X, stop recruiting them

Right now the Army is still in step 1, so yeah, it's a great bonus to get while the getting is good.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>36472163
I need a no bullshit assessment on how often I will be able to go home when im in the marines infantry active duty. Obviously when I'm not on deployment but how many times during the year would I be able to return home for?? For holidays? Can you requested a amount of time off??? Realisticly how much time would I be able to see my family over 1 year.
>>
>>36474767
>>36475048

Samefag
>>
>>36476480
>google leave
>clearly says 30 days a year
Youll do fine as a crayon eater
>>
>>36476048
>I was thinking about this, is it hard to become one in the Army? If it's an actual mos I'll go for it but I don't want to go supply and get my hopes up.

It's MOS 91F, Small Arms/Artillery repairer. You would be responsible for the maintenance of everything from a pistol to a howitzer and everything in between. (The Marines also has an equivalent MOS 2111.)
I don't know how many open slots there are for the job, so I can't say how hard it is to get the job. That's for your recruiter to answer.
>>
>>36475981
How about 35P?

Very interested in that if OCS doesn't work out.
>>
>>36476537
>How about 35P

SIGINT is far more interesting, I think, than HUMINT. When you're not deployed a 35M has nothing to do. (a gross overstatement, but accurate on the whole) A 35P, on the other hand, is always working. 35P also gets top priority for DLI unlike 35M.
As a nice bonus, the Special Forces are always in need of more 35Ps, so you might get to work with them too.
>>
>>36475656
I was joking about the skinwalker. /x/ hasn't managed to take me yet. However, from what is publicly known, Delta selection is run out of Camp Dawson, WV. It basically consists of a ton of rucking alone across extremely steep mountainous terrain in West Virginia. The last ruck is said to be over 40 miles long and must completed within an unknown time set by the cadre. Then they take you to a review board and some Delta guys break you apart with the help of some lovely military psychologists. If everything checks out you, then enter a six month training course. If you complete all of that, congrats you're now a super secret oper8er.
>>
>>36476116
Not true at all. The average height of a US Army Ranger is five feet seven inches.
>>
>>36476624
Different anon here. no shit, I've been inside of that base. It's pretty much in the middle of fucking nowhere.
>>
Wannabe Marine Corps Officer here. No criminal record, no disqualifying medical problems, I have people who can give me good character references, but I have past drug use for more than just Marijuana. If I have a good resume and SAT/ACT/ASVAB/physical scores, what are my chances of getting a drug waiver (lsd, mdma, shrooms, weed) accepted, and getting to go to PLC or accepted into nROTC? Preferred MOS of pilot or forward air controller. If not, wat do? Lying and going to federal prison 4 years later is not the best option.
>>
>>36476713
>No criminal record
ok so you didn't do drugs, whats the issue?
>>
>women ruin unit cohesion
Isn't this just a little bit over-stated?
>>
>>36476713
Don't believe the memes. You never used drugs.
>>
>>36476731
If anything it is under-stated
>>
>>36476731
wha dis?
>>
>>36476480
you get 30 days leave
total crapshoot on how many days youll actually be able to use depending on deployment and duty
>>
>>36476738
90s berserk anime
>>
>>36476729
>>36476734
What about polygraph tests for certain clearance levels? Is that also just a meme?
>>
>>36476731
Actually, I'd say we don't really know yet.

There is only a tiny handful of women in combat MOS's and I don't believe they've been deployed yet.

As for the non-combat MOS's, who the fuck cares? All-male POG shops are still full of bitching, backbiting and drama.
>>
>>36476738
Get out.
>>
>>36476750
also curious about this
>>
File: bait2_careful.png (55 KB, 625x626)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>36476731
>>
>>36476731
It's a meme. Most combat units don't have women in them, maybe 1 or 2 female medics.
>>
>>36476750
For TS/SCI there is a small chance you'll get one. For SAP (implying you'll ever have anything to do with one) you'll get one. Anything else they won't bother.
>>
>>36476755
>All-male POG shops are still full of bitching, backbiting and drama.
100% true
>>
>>36476777
If I know my MOS will require TS and thus a polygraph how do I handle the drugs issue?
>>
>>36476652
Yeah that seems to a reoccurring theme in cool guy unit selections. Drop people off in the middle bumfuck nowhere alone and work them until their minds break with minimal to no feedback from the cadre. RRC selection is similar.
>>
>>36476750
>>36476764
depends on your billet (ie where youre being sent to) since not every job requiring TS needs a polygraph.
>>
>>36476777
What>>36476788 said, not that I know exactly what jobs require it (except Intel), but as an officer isn't there a much greater chance I'll get a higher clearance and need to be polygraphed?
>>
>>36476810
Thus my dilemma. Take the chance and be what I want to be and risk federal prison? Or try and get a waiver and not even get accepted
>>
>>36476713
Navy doesnt need a waiver if you admit to experimental use for OCS. Marine will always need a waiver for pot anyway. Besides marine aviation is a deathtrap for pilots, dunno why anyone would "fly" for them, they barely even get <20 hours of flight a month
OPM (guys who do clearance) doesnt care about pot use
t. admitted to it and got clearance
>>36476813
>>36476810
>>
>>36476810
But to obtain a TS clearance I was under the impression you did have to have a polygraph
>>
>>36476813
Best solution is tell the truth on the poly. Lie at MEPS. I know someone that did something similar and they didn't give a shit (he admitted to using weed and acid)
>>
>>36476848
How about Army?

background: I want 35P which requires TS, but I did many many kinds of drugs in college. I don't now, and it was never a problem (in terms of stopping), and I never got caught.
>>
>>36473941
>>36474046
Ok thanks
>>
>>36476850
SEE
>>36476810
>>
>>36476848
I know it's not much of a problem for weed but acid and Molly are a bit harder. And if Marine pilots don't fly, fuck do they do?
>>
>>36476848
Still me (>>36476914) in addition what about ROTC or PLC? In my understanding you only go to OCS if you did neither of those programs.
>>
>>36476930
PLC and ROTC is during college, OCS is for once you graduate. Try to get ROTC scholarship or PLC before going for OCS. Paperwork for the lack of capable planes https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2016/04/26/the-marine-corps-aviation-fleet-is-in-peril/
>>
>>36476624
interesting
>>36476797
>RRC selection is similar.
details?
>>
>>36476826
>. Take the chance and be what I want to be and risk federal prison?
stop believing this meme, nobody actually goes to prison for fraudulent enlistment alone
>>
>>36477061
I figured usually not unless you fucked up in other capacities as well, but probably dishonorable discharge?
>Inb4 shut up and lie about everything except weed (seems to be the general consensus)
>>
>>36477095
Clearance Investigations are not done by the military, they are by the OPM. They won't give a shit about what you said at MEPS
The usual for enlisted is just clearance denied+assigned to shitty MOS. Only time you will get in trouble for it is if you are granted the clearance, then it comes out later you were lying to them so they investigate more and find out you lied at MEPS too.

Don't know how it works for officers though
>>
>>36477180
So I should simply avoid anything with clearance, and tell the truth if I go to get it?
>>
Any CTI here who can tell me about how the rate is? How hard it is to get the rate?
>>
>>36477258
https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2017/12/30/2018-navy-enlistment-bonus-update

they're currently offering a $15,000 enlistment bonus for CTI
I imagine they're hurting for qualified candidates if it's so high. what was your asvab/dlab?
>>
>>36477285
I took my ASVAB over a year ago and got a 70. My predicted DLAB was a 96. My linescores qualified me for CTI so I just need to take the DLAB.
>>
>>36477528
As a follow up, what should I expect on the DLAB? English is one of my strongest subjects, if not my strongest. I'm well versed in all parts of speech and grammar. Everything I've researched behind it tells me that's all I need in preparation for the DLAB.
>>
>>36476713
Tell the truth.
>>
Here's what i don't get about lying at meps. all anons tell you to lie but at my office all my recruiters told me to to lie/not mention inconsequential things like a pinnaple allergy or broken toe 8 years ago, and i did because they didn't matter. do not all recruiters tell you to lie? It largely depends on the issue i know but i'm curious at this point
>>
>>36477557
The DLAB is a sort of IQ test. It doesn't test any specific skill you have with any specific languages, but rather tests your ability to perceive the patterns inherent in languages. I've known people who could fluently speak three languages yet did terribly on the DLAB.

You'll see questions that show you examples of a completely made up language, and you should be able to predict how that language's grammar works.
>>
>>36477593
I was labeled "gifted" which should mean I have a pretty good IQ (if the school system is right in any case) so I think I might have a good chance on it. Thanks for the peace of mind.
>>
>>36477576
>do not all recruiters tell you to lie?

My recruiter told me "If you can prove it, you can be honest. If there's no paper trail, don't bother. Answer the only questions they ask you, don't volunteer any extraneous information."
But then, we were talking about a broken hand that I got when I was a child, not a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
File: sailor saturn flowers.gif (1.5 MB, 540x404)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
Navy girls, are they hot?

I remember a concerted effort from shills saying Air Force girls were hot and they all look like busted shit.

Are the Navy chicks statistically hotter?
>>
>>36477630
>I was labeled "gifted"
So was everyone else you dumb bastard. Your highschool "achievements" mean fuck all unless they were enough to gain attention from Harvard/Stanford etc. And then you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>36477630
Here's an example I remember from when I took it:

In a gibberish language, all verbs end in the letter 'a'; which of these would mean 'eat'?
> tomo, kamo, kama, kato
In that language, verbs always precede the subject; which of these would mean 'the man eats'?
> kama ak, hasta kama, tomo ak, mohan tama
In that language, adjectives' endings agree with the nouns and adjectives come after the subject; which of these would mean 'the fat women are eating'?
> kama akko magro, kamo akko toma, kama magro mag-ak

It's stuff like this and it will just keep going and going until you're reading entire stories in this nonsense language.

There's also an audio portion that tests how well you can identify vocal stresses and what they mean in relation to spoken languages.
>>
>>36477664
No shit, that's why I said if the school was right.
>>
>>36477651
>Navy girls, are they hot?

Junior officers are. Other than that, it's rare. There are girls have potential, but because they're poor, they don't know how to take care of themselves, or the Navy lifestyle simply doesn't allow for the level of care they need.
>>
>>36477727
Thank you.
>>
>>36477651
>Navy girls, are they hot?
No. They're chunky black women who don't need no men and pancake face butter balls. The very, very few "hot" women are walking STD clinics or staff corps officers (JAG, nurse, doctor, etc).
>>
File: 1466743758787.jpg (22 KB, 350x383)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>36477756
>Junior officers are.
Unless you're talking staff corps you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>36477782
>chunky black women
bit redundant, eh?
>>
>signing up for the airforce in cyber security
>relatives tell my cousin
>cousin thinks I'm going to be on the frontline right now
>emphasizes that I need to learn how to use a gun
>demands that I go paintballing
>thinks there's more training and random shit abuse like in full metal jacket after basic

what the fuck guys, isn't it just tech school and then working in a goddamn office for me

why is he so paranoid?
>>
>>36477756
>>36477811
There are some pretty fucking hot officers desu. Enlisted tend to be a bunch of fucking dogs tho.
>>
>>36477850
He's a fucking retard, most civilians are.
>>
>>36477811
Typically yes, but really, what other subset of females in the Navy has the highest odds of being good-looking?

- Early 20's
- Educated, meaning middle-class or wealthy
- Middle-class/Wealthy, meaning a healthier diet and lifestyle in addition to being more conscious of and having more access to how to maintain a good appearance

Sure, you'll find plenty of double-baggers, but, then, you're bailing against the tide regardless of where you look.

Lucky for me, a dashing Marine first lieutenant or captain tends to get his pick of the litter.
>>
>>36477873
yeah he has an unrealistic perception of it, but I don't know how to get it across to him that it's different from what he thinks
>>
>>36477856
>>36477915
During my time at OCS, about 99.9 % of the hotties were the nurses, doctors, and lawyers at ODS. OCS is buttery as fuck. I only met one girl there who I could describe as hot and last I saw her she was sitting in H class due to "stress fracture of the hip" like every other female at OCS. Or maybe your standard for "hot" is different than mine.

Trust me on this, Marine: if you want hotties, go to the clinic.
>>
>>36477915
>Lucky for me, a dashing Marine first lieutenant or captain tends to get his pick of the litter.
Good evening, Ensign. Would you care to join me in the wardroom? I have a pack of vintage Crayolas that I've been saving for a special occasion.
>>
>>36472163
anyone know about navy secf?
>>
>>36475254
Will I get dishonorable discharge if these are found out?
>>
>>36473167
hentai manga
use the drop down arrow and you will find it
>>
>>36477957
Nah, man. Nowhere should it ever be misconstrued or implied that ANY subset of women in the Navy are majority hot.

To put it numerical terms (and I'm just spitballing)
Enlisted: 4% hot
Junior officers: 8% hot
Senior officers: n/a So rare as to not able to be meaningfully expressed in terms of percentage. It's basically one cougar Commander who looked like Helen Mirren in "The Madness of King George".
>>
>>36478179
I should clarify, I have have a history of depression and suicidal thoughts but no attempts and only some tiny cut marks. I want to do 68w or 19D.
>>
>>36478345
You're not going to make it bro.
>>
>>36478345
How much of that history is recorded?
>>
>>36478365
>>36478389
Different anon but same situation too, happened under 18 tho
>>
>>36477285
>that nuke bonus
does this mean all those bonuses for october because the jobs will be in demand?
>>
>>36472486
she's not that tall
>>
>>36478345

I dont know how boot is these days, but there are mandatory psych screenings, and they ask you things like
>are you happy
>how do you feel right now
>are you stressed (wile looking at you for signs of being stressed)
>things about your past - family, where you lived,

the whole time they are looking to see if you are freaking out
>>
File: manlet vs di.jpg (57 KB, 600x314)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>36478463
>>36478463
>>36472486
>>
>>36478619
kek, it looks like a mommy bird staring down its young
>>
>>36478619
how do you keep from laughing in this situation? I can't take women seriously at all
>>
>>36478619
I wonder if her breath smells like Copenhagen wintergreen
>>
>>36478731
>how do you keep from laughing in this situation?
I don't know how it is in the army, but in the Marines, it's fear. Knowing that if you crack, every single hat in a ten-mile radius is going to make a bee-line for you

>I can't take women seriously at all
overcompensating for too much soy in the diet.
>>
>>36478731
You'll find that female drill sergeants can be nastier than their male counterparts. They have something to prove so you won't be laughing
>>
>>36477233
all officer jobs require a secret level clearance.
>>36477957
Yeah but once they leave OCS man, even in candio phase they start looking better. I had a nice class with some nice girls, other classes were SOL for that though
>>
>>36478998
>that female drill sergeants can be nastier than their male counterparts.

Dear god, this. Even when male DIs are making your life miserable, you always still get the impression they're trying to teach you something. Female DIs can simply be cruel.
>>
>>36478389
I've gotten 5150'd once from a detox but I had no suicidal thoughts just was scared and was released the next day. It doesn't show up on a 4473 however.
>>
>>36472163
Soo.... Anyone in the USAF, what do you guys think of 1a8x2 or 9s100 as a job?
>>
>>36479263
That was 3 years ago anyways.
>>
>>36478830
>every single hat in a ten-mile radius is going to make a bee-line for you
It's fucking supernatural
>>
Which is the best Navy cryptology rate for a guy who wants to serve 4 years, get out, and immediately have access to good jobs in the civilian world?
I also speak Cantonese and a little bit of Mandarin, but can't read Chinese for shit.
>>
>>36477920
Tell him you work under the NSA
>>
>>36478019
You laugh but female ensigns and ltjgs give it up for any marine officer.

This was a running joke on the Tarawa.
>>
>>36479378
Probably out of our purview here to ask such a specific question.
A competent recruiter might be able to answer, but that's no guarantee

I do know that multilinguals are very desirable and combing that with a high ASVAB, you can go far. Military translation/intel also makes for great civilian work
>>
>>36479378
CTN but army and air force do it better
really civilians do it better but thats neither here nor there
CTI is the language one
Good jobs all translate to government alphabet soup jobs i take it?
>>
>>36479055
>all officer jobs require a secret level clearance.
Can someone confirm or deny? And if so, is that a guarantee I'll be poly'd? People alternately say it's a meme and it's real.
>>
>>36472163
if I sign a 4 year contract with the air national guard what happens if I complete ROTC at the end of my second year? do I commission and end my contract or am I required to finish my initial contract
>>
>>36479909
army officer requires secret clearance. no poly
>>
>>36479957
Ah, only Top Secret and above requires poly? And I plan on Marine corps, but I assume clearance is the same
>>
>>36480014
Secret = No polygraph
Top Secret = Most likely no polygraph, depends on what you end up doing
SCI = polygraph
SAP = polygraph
>>
>>36479739
>CTN but army and air force do it better
>army
you have that backwards anon, CTN is much comfier than 17c and 35q. work stateside with TLAs

>air force
what are the air force equivalents? you can't even lock your mos/rate in, I wouldn't gamble on it and end up being IT help desk

go ctn and don't be a retard, end up ION operator doing comfy research at fort meade with the nsa
>>
>>36480127
Many thank
>>
Is it true that SMUs actively recruit on bases?
>>
File: thumbs-up-artist.jpg (35 KB, 736x399)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>36479055
>Yeah but once they leave OCS man, even in candio phase they start looking better
They look like preteens trying makeup for the first time. It doesn't help them at all. MARDET had more hotties than OCS. You were just a lucky bastard in a hotter class.
>>36479909
Confirm, but secret is trash-tier easy.
>>36479551
Not at all surprised. Also, thank you for your cervix-penetrating. Someone has to tame these women.
>>
is submarine warfare cool?
>>
>>36480934
no
>>
>>36480934
For most people. it's 100% shit and terrible
But if you're the 10% that can handle living in a box for 6+ months at a time and never seeing the sun, then maybe you're what nuke is for.

It's nearly always shit for most people.
If you're the few that loves tight spaces, hates the sun, and loves being on the job every minute of the day, then maybe going submarine is for you.
>>
https://youtu.be/OQ4OoPNY_YM

Just gonna leave this here
>>
>>36481094
I know this is bait, but I don't hate this
I know you expect me to
But I don't hate this. Every soldier serves God in their own way. Praying to Mecca is one way to serve God;
>>
>>36473888
Or you know lie about things don't don't matter and get a waiver on things that do matter.
>>
Air Force isn't that bad.

t. Junior Enlisted
>>
>>36476731
Senior NCOs are all nuts for this shit, they would have everyone be the same hair and skin color if they could. They seriously believe that if everyone has the same shirt on than moral will improve and that poor morale isn't the fault of lackluster leadership.

Eventually they will get over it
>>
>>36481180
>interrupting comms in the middle of patrol so muhammed can pray
are you fuckin serious
>>
>>36481380
No Muslim I ever served with would ever do this.
We all serve God our own way.
>>
File: 1499960731559.jpg (86 KB, 640x640)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I used to smoke weed daily for about 4 years, and have been clean for over a year now. No record of it anywhere, should I lie to the recuiter? Just say I tried it a few times?
>>
>>36481488
Lie you dummy
>>
>>36481488
If you were never arrested it never happened. If it's over a year not ever hair drug tests will be able to detect it.
>>
>>36481545
thanks, just making sure, always worried theyre gonna find out some day cause i posted some stupid shit on reddit a few years ago.
>>
What is the current state of 19K? Good MOS to be today?

Quick rundown
>>
>>36481588
Downsizing and full of asian twink manlets
>>
>>36481588
Armor is always shit because you have to deal with a bunch of niggers.
It can be good if you can be the biggest dick in like 5 dick swingers.
I knew a person. Woman
She became tank captain in an armor division
Took it by breaking balls. Literally squeezing some tough ass tanker balls till they popped in her hands

Tanker is tough as shit. Tough niggers only
>>
>>36472163
Does 19D have any advantages over Infantry?

>inb4 gay memes
>>
>>36480518

Yes, they also recruit via regular ol' government email if you meet their parameters.
>>
>>36481628
no
>>
>>36479739
>>36480258

>you have that backwards anon, CTN is much comfier than 17c and 35q. work stateside with TLAs

Most 17C and 35Q assignments are with federal agencies. You actually have a higher chance to do agency work in the Army than the Navy because the Navy has a bunch of postings for CTN elsewhere. At the same posts, they're essentially the same job with different uniforms.

>what are the air force equivalents?

1B4 (operations) and 1N4X1A (analysis). The 3D jobs are the ones that are generally IT, not cyber.
>>
>>36481614
>>36481619
>Asian twinks
>Female tank captain dom to crush my balls

Sign me up right fucking now
>>
>>36481628
Less walking
>>
>>36472163
What are the political demographics of the airforce? Are they a bunch of annoying SJW's? Is Space Command worth going for?
>>
>>36481831
Count me in
>>
>>36481847

More openly religious (Christian) than the other branches. Still, 99 % of the political bullshit is brought on by the 1 % of people who can't help bringing it to the office. Most people don't give a shit about politics, or at least keep their mouths shit.
>>
>>36481999
Well that's good. What about space command? Impossible to get in or just very difficult?
>>
>>36472344
Just graduated rasp. Can confirm special moperations as a private is still better than anything civvie side. Don't give up before you start
>>
>>36475212
Nah man, was just there. After Cole Range (week 2) you get a 4 day, followed by medical week, and a pt test for 80%. After you pass PT, you go into phase 2, which is just shooting and demo until graduation
>>
>>36482095
>>36482122
I've heard RASP is tough as balls right now.
What MOS are you? option 40 or prior enlisted?
What's Cole Range like?
What was the hardest part? The best?
>>
>>36482122
Why did you go with an option 40 vs trying to get 18x contract?
>>
>>36482139
It's doable. It's not crazy hard, just gay.
11bang, came in at 17 right out of high school.

Daily Life At Cole Range:
- 0000-0300 unknown distance ruck
-0300-0400 MRE, 15 min to eat, they check everyone's bags for any leftover food
-0400-0800 Land nav, aim for 12/20 points if 11b, 10 if non combat MOS
0800-1700 Get smoked, e5s give you op orders and you follow them, smoked more
1700-2000- Ruck, unknown distance
2030-the next ruck is land nav.
Basically 2 rucks and 2 land navs a day, in between suck.

Sand babies. We didn't meet a time hack so for one of our rucks we had to have a 60lb sandbag extra in them. Fun stuff.

Best part for me was the day before graduation, Regimental CO came down and basically said don't be proud of yourselves, you still ain't shit. Made me smile
>>
>>36482200
PLEASE LISTEN TO PSA

Don't go 18x unless you wanna be a cook. No one 18x makes it and youll get reassigned. Pick up an SF contract in infantry OSUT so your MOS is at least guaranteed. They give those contracts out like candy in OSUT.

Plus why be a foreign drill sergeant when i can go kill assholes in man dresses
>>
>>36482214
So Cole Range is basically RASP's version of BUDS hell week?
>>
>>36482214
Thanks for all the info. Same situation here, 18 and shipping right after I graduate.
Any advice on training for rucks? I'm hitting around 70 pushups and 85 situps, 10:32 2 mile run, 32:30 5 mile run, but I'm worried that my back isn't strong enough yet.
>>
>>36482245
Yeah. We started with 178 in our class and came back from cole range with 18. Shits only 3 days though man, not that bad
>>
>>36482232
I thought recently SOPC has gotten pretty good at preparing them for SFAS? I could see how they would start to dwindle down in the Q course as general attrition there is almost as high as selection.
>>
>>36482265
Damn, what caused most of them to get dropped?
>>
>>36482285
Not worth the risk man. I know a guy who forgot a battery on his cycle in Robin Sage, dropped from course and reclassed to a fueler. Just pick up an SF add on in OSUT
>>
>>36482264
You're leagues ahead of where I was. Get your ruck set up however comfortable it is for you. You'll have plenty of time in pre rasp to get it situated. Don't put on muscle weight thinking it will help you out. the fastest rucker we had was 6'4 160lbs, but the dude could move. Just put that shit on and go, rucks are a break from the dumb stuff
>>
>>36482293
We had 40 heat strokes, 4 of which the kids actually seized up. everyone else got hurt or quit.
>>
>>36482339
Is it worth it to do rucks now, 6 months before my ship date? I've got my dad's old ALICE pack if I need it.
Also if it matters I'm 5'7", will rucks be a lot harder for me?
>>
>>36482356
Nah, just run a few times a week. Your whole body dynamic will change in OSUT. You will be in shape for rasp.

Bottom line is, if you can do 58 pushups, 69 situps, and under 40min 5 mile, you are physically able to graduate. Just don't bitch out
>>
>>36482380
Alright, thanks for the answers and the confidence boost and congrats on making it anon.
>>
>>36482404
Pro tip though, go to 82nd, get ranger school out of the way, then go to rasp as a tabbed e4. That's how I would do it if i could have a re do. Good luck bud
>>
this might be a retarded question, but are there any specific physical traits one should have if you're a tanker? (other than being short)

I watched an old documentary about tank school in ft knox (was from 2001) and a lot of the tankers had a fairly average build; nothing special
>>
>>36477651
I saw a few cuties at meps joining the Navy. There were no cuties joining any other branch. Since they were cute they got my attention, but I assume the majority are average and below. Of course, like anywhere else if you spend enough time with the average ones you’ll probably start to think they’re better looking than they really are.
>>
>>36482308
Yeah I understand. I'll just be approaching 23 with a bachelors and work experience by the time I join so I figured I might as well go straight for SF vs trying to just go 11b.
>>
To what extent can I lie about my medical record at MEPS?
Specifically concerning the fact that I was prescribed to Adderall while I was in middle school. They don't check at all do they?
>>
>>36482214
>0300-0400 15 mins to eat
So it takes an hour to eat for 15 minutes?
>>
>>36476862
This can't be true. Before the polygraph I would image the tester is given a folder with all the things you've told the government up to that point. If you admit to never doing drugs and then switch on that a few months later, that is proof of fraudulent enlistment.
>>
>>36482431
average age for selection is 28. My advice being a kid in SOF is do your time in a regular line unit, then go selection or rasp or whatever. it will get you better prepared, and raise chances of success
>>
>>36476848
Did you deny weed to recruiter, forms, and MEPS, and then tell the truth to OPM?
>>
>>36482438
gotta get MREs, get to cop, etc. told wehat to do, it takes awhile to set up
>>
>>36482039

Pretty much guaranteed if you work a space AFSC. Aside from that, no idea.
>>
>>36482232

>No one 18x makes it

Plenty make it. In fact their pass rate is pretty good after you adjust for the people that just plain should never have signed for the contract in the first place. A lot of 18X attrition is before they even get through OSUT/Airborne.

> Pick up an SF contract in infantry OSUT so your MOS is at least guaranteed.

Absolutely heard stories of dudes getting Needs Of The Army after doing this.

Converting your contract to 18X during OSUT - Risk of "needs of the Army".

Fully qualifying in your MOS and dropping a SFAS packet at your first unit - MOS guaranteed.
>>
>>36482460
Well I think I'll go for an option 40 contract and see where that takes me. Right now I have a 13:12 two mile, 74 push-ups, 79 sit-ups, and I can do 16 pull-ups to failure. Anything else I should focus on training while I finish out school? I haven't really prepared myself for rucking but I backpack pretty consistently
>>
>>36476813
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2011/06/06/how-to-prepare-for-a-security-clearance-polygraph-examination/
>>
>>36482458

>Polygraph ... Fraudulent enlistment.

This is what people on /k/ continuously don't understand about this process. Your clearance investigator is not trying to prove fraudulent enlistment. They don't give a shit what you told MEPS. If you're 100 % up-front on your SF-86 and potential polygraphs, that's what you need for a clearance.

They're two completely separate processes that have different packets of paperwork going to different people for different reasons.
>>
>>36482521
Thank you for the help. I have 64 college credits, is it possible to become an officer without the full amount? 13SX sounds like a bigger responsibility than 1C6X1.
>>
>>36482540
ALright obviously not no one, but the attrition rate is near 85%.

I sat through the SF brief in OSUT, with three other guys who all went SF, 11b is guranteed, they have a contract written up for osut guys.

Buddy just broke his femur in selection, picked up SF in osut, his MOS is safe. Maybe things have changed since you've heard about it
>>
>>36482578

> I have 64 college credits, is it possible to become an officer without the full amount?

Technically you can commission shortly before you complete your degree. Realistically, 99%+ of officers have their 4-year degree complete before commissioning. Your best bet would be to attend a university with AFROTC and complete your degree while enrolled in their program.
>>
>>36482619
I am 32. Will i have enough time realistically?
>>
>>36482562
Yeah my beltway friend did LSD during his college years and he managed to get a TS just fine. He just literally put every single secret he had onto his SF86 and everything worked out. What they're really looking into is foreign contacts whether they be friends or family and that you don't have a bunch of .ru emails lying around.
>>
>>36482562
How can you be sure of this?
>>
>>36482552
you'll be straight. As long as you pass rpft, you can pass rasp
>>
>>36482602

>the attrition rate is near 85%.

The attrition rate for 18X who make it through the prep course is lower than the attrition rate for randoms coming out of the regular Army by dropping a packet.

Enlisting infantry to go SF later is a meme. Either pick an actually good job with a clearance or something and then drop a packet, or just go 18X from the start. 11X -> Packet is the worst of all worlds.
>>
>>36482628

I think the current max age to commission without prior service is 35, so you're probably fucked. You could enlist and work on your degree while active though. They let you commission older if you have enlisted time.
>>
>>36482665
Unless you've enlisted 18x in the past 6 months, wrong about this. Don't know where you're getting information, a lot of the online forums are outdated.

How is SF later a meme? as long as you're airborne, you can dcrop a packet and they'll send you, especially since group is 20% under work power
>>
>>36482631

Breddymuch. The military application process gets kind of heavyhanded and moralistic sometimes. The clearance process, on the other hand, is nearly amoral. All they care about is that you bare every little secret to them. Sold a bunch of cocaine to orphans when you were a teenager? Doesn't matter to the clearance process because now they have it on paper and it can't be used to blackmail you.

>>36482633

Because I've joined the military, worked in the intelligence community for years, worked in a clearance processing office, and taken a few polygraphs?
>>
>>36482602
>>36482665
What’s the prep course for selection like? I’m guessing it’s right after airborne. Is it just you getting smoked while you wait to class up or something?
>>
>>36482694

>as long as you're airborne, you can dcrop a packet and they'll send you, especially since group is 20% under work power

What kind of shit unit are you in that is requiring airborne to let you go to SFAS? I've only ever seen two SFAS packets denied, and that had to go up to the GO level because the unit they wanted to leave absolutely couldn't afford to lose them.

SF later isn't a meme. Enlisting 11X with the intent to go SF is a meme. Enlisting as something worthwhile and dropping a packet later is perfectly respectable. Conventional infantry is an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel MOS in peacetime. It's not even a good place to prep for SFAS.
>>
>>36482684
Sounds good enough. I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>36482726
Only second hand knowledge on this, so take it with a grain of salt.

After airborne you;re sent to STudent company, basically pre pre selection. Get smoked all the time and do land nav sometimes, have some classes on basic movements.

Then you're sent to SOPC, which is a weed out course for selection, not super strenuous, just gateways you have to pass. They'll teach you everything you need to know to pass selection, just don't quit on yourself
>>
>>36482750
Interesting. What’s the time frame for that stuff?
>>
>>36482759
Varies depending on when they have slots available for classes. You can probably find out a lot more than i know from shadowspear or books on sfas. But i recommend knowing every detail about it before you go in, that's the best way to prepare
>>
>>36482750

This shit right here is why the 18X selection rate is so good. A new 18X enlistee goes through like eight gates before they even get to selection, weeding out the vast majority.

18X first day of BCT - Very low chance to become an actual green beret.

18X first day of selection - Fairly good chance to become an actual green beret.
>>
File: 1513723671953.gif (3.24 MB, 720x404)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB GIF
I have a small dilemma, I am getting all my stuff taken to another state with family but the only time it could be done was a couple of weeks before basic. I would be storing all of my stuff but want to still have computer access in the time before and needed a new laptop anyways. My recruiter and other said I could take my laptop to basic to be stored but recommended against it for vague reasons or that it might be broken, they said to ship it to me at tech school.

Could I bring my laptop to be stored at basic or will I have to live off of a phone for a couple of weeks? Please help.
>>
>>36482777
it will most likely get broken or stolen. just have it shipped to you and use your phone in the meantime.
>>
File: 1499656913790.gif (2.93 MB, 189x131)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB GIF
>>36482788
Things get stolen in lockup that much? Thank you if this is the case but man that sucks if that's the case. My plan was to put it in a locked case from hell and lock that to my bag.
>>
>>36482777

The day you head out to BCT, ship off your laptop to family. After BCT when you can have it again, have them ship it back. Or just have whoever you're staying with now ship it to you when you can have it again.

Don't take it to BCT.
>>
>>36482800

It's not that common for shit to get stolen, but they're literally just going to throw everyone's bags into a pile in a cage with a concrete floor. Those bags may or may not be periodically smashed and moved around. They may or may not be protected from the elements.

Basically the policy is that the military takes 0 % responsibility for any of the civilian shit you decide to bring to BCT, so it's entirely on you if it gets broken or stolen.
>>
>>36482773
I really don't get how people think it's a good idea to enlist as an 18x without getting close to a 300. Do that many people not understand what they're signing up for?
>>
>>36482830
Not that tiger guy, but 100% yes. The cod kid meme isn’t a meme at all. Loads of weak dumbasses grab 18x and buds contracts thinking they’re Jason Bourne.
>>
>>36482830

You really don't think there's tons of kids who just instantly sign on the dotted line when they hear "Special Forces contract"?

For every person reading military forums and doing research on potential contracts, there's five who just waltz into the recruiter's office and pick something that sounds good.

18X is an easy win for recruiters. They don't give it a shit whether they're signing on someone who can make it because that isn't their problem. Either people do their research and preparation to become SF, or they fail out and the Army gets to fill another slot it has open. Win/win.
>>
>>36482804
>>36482819
Thanks, makes sense. I'll see about doing that then. Pretty nuts, I wonder if they sell padded steel cases for laptops for people in our situation or utility workers. I always thought these were cool though obviously not getting it:
>>
>>36482870

Lots of people use Pelican cases and the like when transporting their electronics to/from deployment (where bags can similarly get smashed up). The other popular solution is just to have a cheap disposable laptop that you don't mind getting smashed up or stolen.

Either solution is complete overkill for BCT, where you can't have your laptop anyways so it's dumb to bring it at all.
>>
>>36482888
>Either solution is complete overkill for BCT, where you can't have your laptop anyways so it's dumb to bring it at all.
Absolutely, I wouldn't have wanted to be in the situation of being without a laptop for those few weeks and wouldn't consider it otherwise. It is very normal to have it in tech school though, no? When moving from tech school to my new place should I consider using such a case? Thanks for all your help.
>>
>>36482911

Tech school to your first duty station will be a standard PCS, meaning you can either have the government hire a private company to move your stuff or you can do it yourself. Either way, I'd just put your expensive electronics on one of the bags that is coming with you on your plane/car to your duty station.
>>
>>36482933
Makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>36482562
>>36482710
Great so just lie about the mj to the recruiter and meps and then when its time for the sf86 and polygraph tell them everything you did in college
>>
>>36482432
>middle school 10-14 yo range
>non-underageb& 18+ yo range
>medical records destroyed 7-10 years after existing
Don't ever bring it up lest you have to prove it and the records simply don't exist.
>>
>>36482773
Selection rate for everyone is 30%, where 18xs have least experience and bias for cadre.

Then the q has high attrition too, so im not seeing how you think 18x has a fairly good chance of getting the beret. Are you in service and aware of something im not tracking?
>>
Can someone go into basic out of shape and make it through? Out of shape means 40 pushups in two minutes and 80 sit ups in another two.
>>
>>36483075
Dude you're in shape. You gotta get 42 pushups and 56 situps at the end of OSUT. don't sweat it
>>
>>36483080
ok what if you arent that guy and can barely do 10 pushups
>>
>>36483080
That's pushing myself, I'm exhausted and sore afterwards, I can pace myself with the runs so I'm not worried with them. Is there any sprinting involved in basic? I'm terrible with those.
>>
>>36483094
Seconding this. I can train for 6-8 months to prepare if it's that hellish, but if boot sets you up to go from skinnyfat dyel to barely passing, I'll enlist sooner rather than later.
>>
>>36483126
I'm a skeleton, can run quickly, walk for miles on end, and I eat healthy, but I have a hard time lifting 10lb objects.
>>
>>36483070
I think he means their chances isn’t much worse than anyone else’s. Not that’s it’s high overall.
>>
I have something called a "choroidal nevus", basically a benign freckle in my eye. It's visible when a doctor does an eye exam. I'm trying to go to BUD/S, so I was wondering if this is something I might actually need to try to get a waiver for. Do they do any type of eye exam, as in looking into them? It doesn't affect my vision in any way.
>>
>>36483242
does it hinder your vision?
if not why the fuck would it matter at all
>>
>>36483242
Since it is very visible and you are at all worried I would get a waver and doctor to certify it is simply cosmetic.
>>
>>36483242
I dont see ot being a problem, depends on the examiners mood
>>
>>36482991
I heard they don’t even check medical records because it’s a waste of time and resources contacting every recruit’s hospital. It’s not like a criminal record that goes into a national database.
>>
>>36483094
dont worry about your pushups. the army isnt about letting anyone fail unless the person want to drop out completely. they even ship pt failures to fat camp to train until they passed (i went there bcuz skinny fat). i failed all my apft up until i got to ait and now im sitting round 250.
>>
>>36478731
females know they are less intimidating than males usually so they compensate with extra abuse
>>
>>36484191
>so they compensate with extra abuse

I remember a female DI (this would be in 2004), maybe 5'2" 100lbs, white, heavy Southern accent, great body, busted face, whenever she would order a recruit to do some extra push-ups, running etc, she would make that recruit pick someone in his platoon who would also have to do those exercises with him, even if the guy picked hadn't done anything wrong.

I think she wanted the recruits to all hate one another. God only knows why.
Everyone in the platoon despised her.

Even when we got our EGA and the DI's were telling us how proud they were to each of us, she was still just sneering.
>>
>>36481488
Have integrity and tell the truth
>>
>>36482483
No No Yes. Yes
>>
>>36484407
seems like a decent tactic. i wouldn't know who to pick, you either pick someone out of shape/tired and they don't like you or you pick an in shape person and they don't like you. it's a no win situation. you'd think recruits would be more understanding of bullshit forced because of eachother.
>>
>>36481575
they don't look at internet history, if they did thousands of recruits would be denied because of loli porn
>>
>>36484452
I spoke to some former DIs about afterwards. They were pretty stunned.

The point is to get the recruits unified. Since these are individuals who have never been part of a team before, the quickest way to get them unified is to get them to hate something. In this case, the DIs.

The problem with this bitch is that she made us hate each other.

Some guy fucks up and he picks you simply because he remembers your name? Or is it because he doesn't like you? He's friends with X, so he's sure as heck not going to pick him. Why did this guy pick me? He knows that my shoulder has been aching all week. It turns into drama and politics.

There were a few of us who made deals with each other. "If I have to pick someone, I'm picking you and you pick me. That way no one gets surprised and no one gets pissed off."
>>
>>36484523
that seems like the absolute best way to do it.
>>
So I broke/fractured my wrist wehn I was like 6-7 and never brought it up on any forms or at meps. There was no permanent damage and ive been fine ever since however technically this was lying seeing as how they ask if you've ever had and broken bones. But seeing as how it was so long ago and there was no permanent damage i figured i'd not bring it up so I wouldn't need a waiver or anything. Only thing i've "lied" about in the recruitment process, everything else i'm legit good on.

Is this gonna fuck me at some point if they ever find out? Or will it not be a big deal/they never will/I can claim to have forgotten and won't get fucked by it?
>>
>>36477727
>kama
>kama ak
>kama akko magro
>>
>>36478216
nigga I got no matches
>>
>>36484649
Tohomo, tok amma tok: sepso.
>>
>>36484441
Have integrity and stop shitposting in this general
>>
File: 1503715472671.gif (309 KB, 400x300)
309 KB
309 KB GIF
Would my internet be heavily monitored when on base working IT, even through VPN, so they would know I bought an onahole, look at hentai, and have very poor taste in music?
>>
>>36483237
From all my buddies that have been through and are still going through, they say don't take 18x. But it's the same as a BUD/S contract I suppose, and people pass that. If you're super moto, and dedicated, you'll do fine.
>>
>>36485211
You pay for your own internet, there isn't some base wide internet that everyone uses
>>
>>36485237
For some reason I thought they would monitor people's internet who were working on important or sensitive stuff but that's nice if they don't. Kind of surprising.
>>
>>36485254
As long as you do it from your own computer on your own internet, no worries.
If you go to work and use the computer there, there will be an issue
>>
File: 1478733150948.gif (502 KB, 480x270)
502 KB
502 KB GIF
>>36485283
I just had an irrational fear of having a government file on me saying that I browse lolicon from my personal computer and rant about tax allocation on /pol/ occasionally, but that makes sense.
>>
>>36485308
>polservative
>pedophile
Yup, it checks out.
>>
File: 1474494637303.jpg (60 KB, 604x425)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>36485322
I am a loli/k/on
>>
File: 1503363955062.jpg (155 KB, 657x710)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>36485322
2d only, please no bully. Was just looking for help about if I will have to go vanilla on base.
>>
>>36485358

you will usually have some alert that "your shit is monitored" before accessing anything on a system that is monitored, mainly so you cant use that as an excuse.
>>
>>36484659
tall+short
>>
File: car.png (231 KB, 423x395)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
How's Korea?

I hear it's "lit" if you're AF, but hell if you're any other branch.
>>
New thread

>>36485910
>>36485910
>>36485910
>>
>>36485872
Tell me what you heard about it as AF. Everyone I've heard from from AF loves Korea and Japan assignments. They didn't like how cold North Japan was though.
>>
File: James_Earl_Jones.jpg (25 KB, 490x745)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Remember James Earl Jones got though ranger school, you can get though basic. I believe in you anon, don't give up on your dreams!
>>
File: typical accountant.jpg (621 KB, 1280x848)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>36485926
Also reminder that Mike Vining was a member of Delta for 30 years despite being a manlet. Ganbatte short anons!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.