[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: usa_today_8994114.0.jpg (131 KB, 1200x800)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Why do you pointlessly lift for aesthetics when you could be training your body for a practical skill, such as MMA?
>>
FUCK I meant to post this to /fit/
>>
>practical skill
>MMA
No amount of Manly Muscle Action will stop bullet.
>>
>>36478439
Are you implying every criminal has a gun?

>>36478394
I get where /fit/ comes from with just looking good so I'll leave them at that but martial arts are pretty fun. I've been doing boxing little over a couple months but sparring looks like fun. Whether in boxing or BJJ.
>>
>>36478394
Replying as if this were /fit/. The reason is the body of a martial artificacts is usually built up over years sometimes a lifetime of training to get those working lean muscles. Lifting produces muscles less useful for endurance related sports like martial arts, but the muscles get bigger much faster which is what they're after ultimately.
>>
MMA is for white trash.
>>
File: image.png (249 KB, 640x642)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>36478400
>MFW
>>
>>36478529
I'm implying I have a gun.

IDGAF what happens to other people. Try that MMA shit on me get shot in the face.
>>
>>36478394
How is MMA a practical skill? Unless one wants to compete in it it is useless.

The guy in the pic has his hands and wrists taped and probably has a mouthguard in. Is this how you think a street fight will go down?
>>
>>36479386
It's practical if you get into random fights a lot. If that's the case you should probably rethink your life choices anyway.
>>
>>36479411
You must be fighting polite white people.

Where I live fights are mobs, or somebody has a gun or a knife or a pipe or a chair. MMA skills assume 1v1 with pads, rules, no kicks in the dick, biting, etc.
>>
>>36478394
Why fight when you can shoot from your Hoveround?
>>
it takes like multiple years of training to feel comfortable kickboxing / boxing. there are people who also do this and still suck

bjj is stupid and someone will slam you if they're larger than you. and when your head hits the concrete you might become a vegetable

fighting outside of a ring is retarded
>>
>>36478394
Cuz i can just shoot you and be done with it
>>
>>36479619
>bjj is stupid and someone will slam you if they're larger than you

False, Royce Gracie would fight guys 50lbs heavier than him and shut their shit down and snap their limbs, and this was in the infancy of the UFC when there were no rules and it was more like a street fight.
>>
File: mma dumbass.webm (2.43 MB, 853x480)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB WEBM
>>36479315
Not true. Black people can try it too.
>>
>>36479619
>You can never beat someone larger than you.

Is this just a meme the lanklets perpetuate because they're frightened by short people? I mean, I know lanklets tend to get beat up a lot by shorter kids in high school.
>>
>>36480444

it was also on a mat you fuckin idiot

slam kos do happen even despite that. arona vs rampage, gerald harris has a couple of slam kos too. those are also equal weight

the difference being is that if you get slammed at all on concrete by someone large it's going to fuck you up really bad, but for it to matter in the ring you have to land on your head

feel free to try out pulling guard on someone on a solid surface though

>>36480467

you dont know how to read
>>
>>36479619
>fighting outside a ring is retarded
The only thing you said that is actually true, fighting should be used for self defense and only practiced in a safe environment with safe people.
>>
>>36480677

training for self defense is purely retarded and if you disagreed with anything i wrote u are a retard who doesnt train

if you want self defense carry a gun. save yourself the time and money
>>
>>36480509

Slam knockouts between trained fighters, who'd have thought. You probably wont be slaming anyone
>>
File: 1515544321881.jpg (53 KB, 455x395)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>36480703

Do you pull up your shirt and put your hand on your CCW ready to draw everytime a person gets between 21 feet from you, while staring at them like a hawk, in case they try to attack you? No? Because if you don't, there's a good chance you might end up in a tussle. And if you can't fight you might not be able to draw, and if you do manage to draw, you might be disarmed.

Countless CCW holders and Police Officers have been fucked despite carrying a gun due to thinking the way you do.

You don't have to become a professional mma fighter, but basic grappling can save your life by helping you RELIABLY create the distance you'd need to draw and use your gun.

You'd know this if you weren't a fat fud who can't even bend over.
>>
>>36480467

Personally I think the meme is perpetuated by manlets looking for an excuse not to try, and lanklets who want to believe their height somehow makes them good fighters. Both sides of the same coin.
>>
>>36479386

>the guy in the pic has ear pro and safety glasses, how do you think he'd do in a real gunfight?

That's how stupid you sound. Obviously that's a competition and there are safety practices between fighters, but in a real fight there's no reason for an mma fighter to follow them. That MMA fighter OP posted would wreck anyone in a hand to hand fight street or cage.

There's been cases of much less known and shittier mma fighters disarming knife and gun wielding attackers, a guy of Luke Rockholds caliber would do it even easier.

Only way for anyone to beat him is by being severely out numbered or by having someone shoot him from a reasonable distance.
>>
>>36478394
Because Rockhold actually lost that match.
>>
>>36479315
most of the fight cards are greasy spics, blacks, or yuropoors.
>>
>>36479365
You draw your gun on everyone that postures with you?
Enjoy getting your guns taken away for drawing on someone posturing on you.
>>
>>36482724
this

Martial arts and guns aren't mutually exclusive. There's no reason not to do both if self defense is your goal.
>>
>>36478394
>Go to some random MMA gym
>Learn the same Muay Thai/BJJ technique every other fucker does
>probably won't get very good
>Be in an age where everyone is doing some sort of martial art
>Be predictable in this age

If you wanna beat the shit out of people you need to get ahead of them and not learn the same shit every trailer trash cliche is trying to do
>>
>>36479619
Dumb
It takes 2 weeks of skill development and conditioning to give someone self confidence in a fight
I've done turtle guard on pavement in a real self defense fight
I done the starfish on pavement in a fight(same fight)
superior knowledge of grappling leverage and technique will beat superior fitness 9/10 times
Btw someone who knows judo is far more likely to drop you on your head on pavement than your are to them
Someone who knows bjj is far more likely to drag you to the ground and tire you out while you frantically struggle to gain control of the situation (you won't) then choke you out with your collar on your jacket
In either situation where your being thrown at the ground violently or grappled on the ground and submitted with superior leverage being physically large and well built has plenty disadvantages
>>
>>36479386
>How is MMA a practical skill?
Jesus Christ, I can't believe I'm hearing this on /k/. I'm assuming you at least aspire to be a good shot with a handgun, no? How is that a practical skill?

Martial arts gets you out of the house, builds physical and mental fitness, builds your confidence and could save your life. Also if you win a fight that the the other guy starts, people will love you and women will want to give you blowjobs.
>>
>>36479619
>fighting outside of a ring is retarded
Unfortunately it's not always up to you. Getting in a gunfight is even more retarded, but again, not up to you, so we carry and train.

>bjj is stupid
BJJ is literally how you avoid getting slammed. It's a master class in ground fighting. How the fuck are you going to get OUT from under the bigger guy, who's tackled you and is on top of you, amd stop him from gorilla fucking you? You need to control him and reverse the position. Your logic makes no sense.
>>
>>36483107
>Martial arts and guns aren't mutually exclusive.

I feel that shooting itself should be considered a martial art. If martial arts can include a sword, then why not a gun?
>>
i lift to get better at the thing i actually do for fun, which is lifting weights
>>
>>36478439
>No amount of Manly Muscle Action will stop bullet.
>thinking directly going to using a gun is a requirement in every confrontation there is
>>
>>36478394
because i want to get in shape, might as well lift as well you dumb nigger. you can also do MMA simultaneously.
>>
>>36483119
>implying modern """men""" are engaging in martial arts
Where the hell do you live that everybody engages in martial arts? Fucking China?
>>
>>36483480
>being on /k/
>thinking that there could ever be a confrontation which could not be resolved by a gun.
>(you)
>>
>>36483535
>guy challenges you to fight
>pull out your gun like a little bitch instead
yeah, looks really good to women when you're too scared to fight
>>
File: 1501387811826.png (325 KB, 382x417)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>36483546
>guy challenges you to a fight
>accepting a fight
y tho
>>
>>36483586
there's nothing wrong not fighting assuming you could take him, but if you back out of it knowing you can't any woman will sense it because you're a low testosterone bitch
>>
File: 1503709381502.png (427 KB, 600x563)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>36483603
Can we at least agree that there is a difference between mutual combat and a scenario in which you are required to defend your life. There is no point in trying to slug it out with someone if it's just going to escalate to potentially lethal level.

I've seen videos of people getting knocked out and slamming their heads on the ground dead. Breaking their necks ect.

Fighting outside of a controlled environment is for stupid niggers anyway.
>>
>>36483612
>I've seen videos of people getting knocked out and slamming their heads on the ground dead. Breaking their necks ect.
citation needed

but yes, you are correct
>>
File: Automag_44amp.jpg (101 KB, 640x480)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>36478394
I lift to be strong, not for "aesthetics"

pic unrelated, yet related
>>
>>36483603

MMA fighter here, I love martial arts and yet you sound like a faggot. I'm not going to give a nigger a single chance of killing me or any possible upperhand for that manner in a "fair fight" just to impress some roasties. If someone wants to fight me in a fair fight it better be in a ring, because in the street I'm going to skin that smoke wagon.

It seems you are pretty confused about what masculinity is. By your standards, if a gorilla walked into a bar and beat up everyone, he'd be the manliest panty dropper in town.
>>
>>36479315
t.buthurt nig nog who thought blacks were gods gift to men in combat sports until mma came around

The beauty of mma is that it's like chess. There's so many possibilities so being intelligent actually helps you win fights, unlike boxing where you just put two apes with small brains in front of one another punching only the head and body until one falls lol
>>
>>36478394
Because I do both? I probably would've have such a solid base, or throw good kicks if I didn't train legs.
>>
>>36483119
Let me guess, you do Krav Maga, or some "super exclusive" martial art your sensei taught you?

>>36483247
What he said. Something as simple as pulling guard or getting wrist control on someone who has no fight training gives you a huge advantage.

Even if you keep it standing, basic kickboxing is gonna fuck someone up. Just knowing how to move properly, get range on them, and you could pick them apart with a jab and leg kicks.

When I first started training, I was super out of shape, 6'0 and 270lbs, and I'd basically plod about pawing at people like a bear, relying on my power. Used to get worn down, taken down and end up tapping 90% of the time.

Dropped a bunch of weight though, put the time into improving my footwork and head movement, I ended up being one of the best stand-up guys at my old gym based on that alone.
>>
>>36478394
Why do all of that when you can just eye gouge or better yet shoot the fucker ?
>>
>>36483095
You think hitting people is legal?
Enjoy having your guns taking away for getting an assault charge
>>
>>36478400
Your body is your primary weapon so it's still /k/
>fat fucks incoming

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.