[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bradley.jpg (18 KB, 504x335)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Where does /k/ thick the next major conflict is going to take place and why?
>>
>>36794836
>major

Everywhere.
>>
>>36794836
probably somewhere nobody would expect like Djibouti for some reason
>>
>>36794836
80% sure it’s going to be Korea

Oh wait, you said major. Never mind
>>
>>36794836
Hopefully there is no major war fought on earth, and we wait until we have the ability and reason to fight in space.
>>
>>36794836
America bombing Poland to make them take in refugees.
>>
>>36794836
Probably something involving Turkey. They've been playing a lot of stupid games lately, so it's only a matter of time before someone just gets fed up. Probably won't be the US or Russia (although the latter is far more likely). Maybe Israel or something?

Failing that, depending on how things go we may see shit go down in Venezuela. As far as I'm aware there isn't really any major ethnic divisions by region, so we won't see a balkanization situation or any shit like that. Still, economic collapse of that scale rarely happens quietly, and it never happens cleanly.
>>
>>36794836
Idk but I’m sure we will be in in the thick of it.
>>
>>36794836
Saudi-Iran conflict of course
>>
>>36795407
I'd pay to see that shit.
>>
>>36795407
who would win?
>>
>>36795428
>Saudi/US vs Iran/RF
I wonder. And don't try and feed bullshit like those two wouldn't get involved in one of their little ME pets get tickled.
>>
>>36795444
Does russia give that big of a fuck to support Iran that way? I could see the US supporting Saudi forces on the ground but would Russia do the same?

That'd be interesting though, you'd have Syria joining Iran, the rest of the middle east joining Saudi Arabia, Israel probably being targeted by them all because "lol oops its war missile meant for someplace else", wild.
>>
>>36795461
Well first of all, it'd definitely only be Iran targeting Israel. US support of any anit-Iranian coalition of states would be fairly dependent on the assured protection of Israel, so make of that what you will.

As for Russian support; I'm fairly sure their ties are completely economic. Of course this isn't to be discounted, but unlike, say, North Vietnam or the DPRK, there is a fair ideological divide here. If Iran gets stomped, Russia really only faces to lose a business partner, as opposed to any national pride. On the other hand, the have a lot to gain from the destruction of oil drilling and processing facilities across the middle east, so there's that.

I'd put my money on Saudia Arabia. Unlike a lot of other wars, the terms of this conflict's resolution wouldn't be likely to involve any long-term occupation of Iranian territory (except maybe on the water). The war would be fought, the belligerents would get their noses bloodied, and when it ended it ended. Not likely to be a drawn out war of attrition or anything that could lead to situations like Afghanistan or Syria; Objectives are met, treaties are signed, soldiers go home and grudges are held.
>>
>>36795520
Maybe officially yeah, but I'd be surprised if Israel wasn't targeted by "some no-good third party radicals who are definitely not being armed and financially supported by Salman".

It would be nice to see a non-insurgency for once in twenty years.
>>
>>36795461
I would bet if it started saudi/iranian then Russia would join in to back up Iran but if the US was previously involved they would stay away.
My money is on northern Canada for next go zone. All those resources and two world powers in either side. How does this not sound like the beginning of a Tom Clancy?
>>
>>36795461
Ha. Arms sales would be alright, but there's no way Russia or America would tolerate Islamic states gaining any real power.
As long as Saudis export their oil in dollars, we have their back. Try making their own petrodollar and america will shake hands with Russia and burn the whole region again.

More than likely, the US will continue to fund pro west revolutionaries in Iran until they get co-opted by extremist Shia militias. Then the fun begins when American backed Sunni organizations fight against American backed Shia organizations. Casual violence in the near future awaits us /k/omrades.
>>
>>36795571
Oh shit. The northwest passage had been open for a fee years now. That should be inyeresting.
>>
>>36795428
The one that has Allah on their side
>>
>>36795557
It's not like a missile is just gonna pop up and land in Israel; if somebody shoots in a conflict like this, we're gonna know where it came from, or at the very least see it flying over Iraq and Jordan or Syria; it's not like the Gulf War where the Iraqis could park Scuds fairly close. On top of this, as far as we know (and we know a lot) the Iranians don't have anything like a stealth ballistic missile or anything really capable of slipping though.
Could a miss on the part of ABMs be posed as a glitch in the system? I guess; it's happened before, although even then we knew where the missile came from. However, when the system is manufactured and run by the US, it isn't likely that Saudi Arabia or anyone else is going to be able to have a little "oopsie" without serious consequences.
Also keep in mind that Israel operates their own ABM network now, so even if Saudi Arabia or one of their allies could trick the Americans into thinking the missile came from Iran, the odds are still good that the missile would be shot down.
>>
>>36795571
>My money is on northern Canada for next go zone. All those resources and two world powers in either side
Even with the arctic getting warmer, it's still a frozen fucking shithole for 9 months of the year.
Unless someone discovers some kind of unobatainium up there, it'll always be too expensive to go set up an industrial mining operation
>>
>>36794910
this

probably where ever the best American/who-ever-the-fuck officers aren't. an international incident like with those Russians in Syria, but where both the US and opfor officially operate; thus having legal and logical cause to act.
>>
>>36794836
It's going to be Korea and it's going to be "soon"
A few of Trump's executive orders have been to expand recruitment and recall. The last time that was done was September 12th, 2001
Combine that with his "Calm before the storm" comments and a million other little things, the US government is looking to pick a fight.
>>
The Maronites and Arabs might fight again in Beirut. Somaliland wants independence. India and Pakistan might fight again. Norks are a wildcard and they can choose to do something absurd like launch a missile at Taiwan.

Too many possible conflicts to really be able to make a guess.
>>
>>36795461
Syria would never join up with Iran against Saudia Arabia. If there was a conflict, you can bet the Sunni/Shia schism would play a huge role in it, and I don't see Syria getting past that, or Iran accepting Sunni assistance.

One other interesting thing about this conflict; even assuming the US or Russia don't get involved, it would be the first serious naval action of the 21st century. If it was just between SA and Iran, that's still two nations separated by a hugely important body of water, each with fairly sizable navies for middle-eastern nations. Fair enough, the a lot of both sides would be wiped out in the opening hours (if not minutes) of any sort of open conflict, but then that's more or less what naval warfare on this scale is now; wait until you see/can shoot at something, launch a lot of AShMs, see what hits, repeat.
>>
>>36795620
i just want it to burn man :'( let me have my fantasy
>>
>>36795726
but Assad is "Shia", Iran supports Hezbollah in Syria which supports Assad. Iran already supports Syria in it's civil war.
>>
>>36795728
Sorry Achmed,
>>
>>36795726
>first serious naval action of the 21st century.
That's what I want to see already.
The Falkland War was a little firecracker that didn't change naval strategy.
Like you said, it's all about the AShM and once that becomes too obvious to ignore, we're going to get another evolution like the shift from battleships to carriers.
>>
>>36795770

باسم الله الرحمن الرحيم سوف نقتل كل اليهود في الاراضي المحتلة و بعد الكفار في كل انحا العالم
ان شاء الله
:(
>>
>>36794836

Pakistan will trigger a war between China and India.
>>
File: fun.jpg (22 KB, 641x404)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>36795870
>Gib Kashmir
>India and Pakistan have a slapfight
>China takes chance to just take Doklam
>India wins against Pakistan but loses against China
>Pakistan has an aneurysm and launches a nuke against disputed Kashmiri territory (i.e. if I can't have it...)
>party starts
>>
>>36794836
Syria. Yeah, there's already a conflict going on there but the Iranians are starting to throw their weight in a bit more, and that's making NATO and the US [spoiler]what's the difference?[/spoiler] a bit uncomfortable.
>>
>>36794836
>Where does /k/ thick

Tits, ass, hips
>>
>>36795407
Proxy war in Yemen/Oman: imagine the incompetence of Vietnam with durkas on both sides!
>>
>>36795428
The world.
>>
>>36795354
kek
>>
>>36795428
Everyone
>>
>>36794836
Which "next major conflict"?
>>
>>36795627
Rare earth minerals, gold and platinum in Greenland
>>
>>36795391
Russia maybe but the US won't get in the way, its more important to be on good terms with Turkey.
>>
>>36794836
>Where
Saudi Arabian homeland
>why
It's about time the Saudis got what what is coming to them.
>>
Australia
Emu resurgence

Last time it was personal, this time its war.
>>
>>36794836

The US just wiped out 200 Russian soldiers in Syria. Doesn't that count as a major conflict?
>>
>>36794882
FPBP
This.
South & Central America attempt North American Reconquista with Pan-African Communist Alliance.
>>
South Africa
>>
>>36795428
Israel
>>
>>36795699
I work with so many work visa Indians and Pakis I'd love to see the shitstorm if they went at it again. Would be so bizarre.
>>
File: 200303_orig.jpg (148 KB, 533x800)
148 KB
148 KB JPG

Reason: Ben Shaprio's sister's milkbags
>>
>>36794836
If there is a major conflict it will be Russian front lines, Ukraine from three directions, poland from two, and the baltics just for good measure.
There will be a build up of anti-air defenses in Kaliningrad and in the Crimean Peninsula. Armor will be stacked in Russian territories and mobile countermeasures will be strategically entrenched.
Poland will flip shit,, the baltics will flip shit, Ukraine will flip shit, the EU will file a complaint but otherwise sit in a circle and do nothing but suck each other off, the UN will continue to be worthless, and NATO will be obligated to respond because that's what we do.
>>
>>36801693
Now that I see it I could never enjoy them. Would not mix dna with manlet genetics
>>
>>36801709
>not wanting a castrated Jewish sex slave whore chained to your PC for on demand blowies and sexies

Faggot who jerks his cock to traps detected
>>
File: 1504551967760.jpg (31 KB, 600x723)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>36794836
>Where does /k/ thick
>>
>>36801656
Fails horribly after realizing their military force are too inept and technological backward to get anything done.
>>
if by major conflict, you mean a direct war between two major military powers, the answer's nowhere because it will never hapen again. those conflicts are fought through proxies without nuclear capabilites
>>
>>36797632
Nigger that's already habbening
>>
Africa, millions will die but it will all be kept in-house and no one will care about it.
>>
File: gibs_milkers.jpg (45 KB, 778x512)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>36801715
>>
>>36794836
Europe, again.
>All these peaceful doctors and scientists are killing us, instead of being doctors or scientists
>>
>>36795609
Very much this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.