[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Dunkirk.png (313 KB, 800x391)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
Just finished watching Dunkirk, loved it. Now i regret not having seen it in theatre.

Bit cheesy from time to time, but why not.

Tell me your opinion /k/. What grinds your autistic gears? Wrong color scheme on some of the planes? Lack of Sten guns? Lack of desi and negro soldiers? What did they do wrong? Because they did a lot of things right for sure
>>
To my knowledge, by WW2 there were still a lot of No1Mk3 Enfield in service, but there were MORE No4Mk1's, yet in a lot of WW2 flicks, I feel like I only ever see the No1.
>>
>>36795540
>>French army ignored.
>>
>>36795540
>waiting in line to see a movie about waiting in line
>>
>Lack of Sten guns?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>36796469
I felt like I was really there
>>
>>36795540
>>36795558
Both the no4 and sten didn't enter service until 1941

as for the paint schemes I can forgive that to make it more obvious who is who for the audience
>>
>>36795540
um the sten wasnt introduced until 41 op...
>>
>>36796522
Sounds more like bait
>>
>>36795540
You really did miss out not seeing it at the cinema, the sound was designed to be genuinely oppressive. Brooding score, fucking LOUD gunshots, the works.

My autism got triggered on the destroyer, it's very clearly a postwar design. Also shots of the town itself made no attempt to hide modern benches etc.

Apart from that i was pretty happy, there was minor plane related autism with models, paintschemes & the like. But they did much better than a lot of films & games and i enjoyed the film so fuck it
>>
>>36796406
I love this. It immediately says that the person did not watch the fucking movie
>>
I am dissappointed that British soldiers were not all Muslim/black/feminists from London wearing Nike, while the Germans should have all had Blimpfy looking hair and all the German planes having pepis la froge and 4chan logos instead of Iron cross. Also that young guy in the boat with his old man should have declared in the end of the movie with zero context that is homosexual.
>>
>>36795540
Like all Nolan films, the scenes that are supposed to invoke deep meaning and feeling ended up feeling soulless due to robotic writing, not from lack of good acting. Great visuals as usual, really captured the extremes of war, from crushing boredom to pulse pounding terror. It was decent overall.
>>
>>36795540
Hated the pacing.
>>
>>36795540
I liked it when the spitfire that was in glide mod eout shutdown the diving stuka
>>
>>36797573
this. sound in theater was excellent. first round of gunshots caused half of my audience to jump.
>>
>>36795540
>British somehow manage to make themselves appear strong and heroic in a movie that's about running away from Europe.
>>
>>36798065
boy it's almost like what actually happened
>>
>>36797573
>plebbit spacing
Nigger faggot detected
>>
>>36797573
You forgot the Stuka

Everytime I heard that scream, I had shivers man
>>
>>36798437
Or it's just a clearer way to separate lines...
>>
>>36795540
I thought 5/10, by normie standards maybe 7/10. Actually surprised it was so well revieved without a goupy romance plot.

Actual combat 8/10, but I expected better story from Christopher Nolan.
>>
really liked the quiet ticking sound you could hear in the quiet scenes...simple but had a good effect
>>
>>36798437
>Paragraphs are Reddit

Holy fucking shit autismo 5000.
>>
>>36795540
/k/ doesnt like it because most of these people are frothing autists that cant sit through a movie for very long without sustained explosions and melodramatic badassery. i loved it but i also went in knowing full well it would be a drama movie set in the context of ww2. also those stuka screams were fucking awesome in theater.
>>
Saw it in IMAX. The gunfire in the beginning were incredibly loud, it almost drowned out the fucker crinkling his bag of twizzlers four seats down from me.
>>
>Anglos are such passive aggressive serfs that they literally wait in line to die for some shitty king they've never met in their life

Hitler should have invaded that shithole country and razed it to the ground.
>>
>>36796406
You're actually an idiot. Go shit up another thread.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.