[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1528866471877.jpg (113 KB, 1702x1095)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Previous: >>38220915

Kim Edition

LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

https://pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf
>>
>>38232603
first
>>
File: 1528814215998.png (880 KB, 1372x1280)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
reposting from last thread:
So maybe I'm legit retarded but how does holiday block leave work? I have an option 40 contract and supposedly I'm finishing osut in late november (though IDK if I'm in that new infantry pilot program or not since I ship at the end of July) and I'm kinda confused here.
Is it a send-everyone-home-for-3-weeks kind of deal? Is it at a commander's discretion? Is it optional whether you go home or stay on base?
t. actual retard
>>
>>38232618
They will brief you.
Everybody takes leave.
>>
Reposting from last bread
Does anyone here have any experience with State Defense Forces? Are they worthwhile or should someone only look into the National Guard?
>>
>>38232603
>LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD

Is it easy to get a medical waiver for childhood asthma for the National Guard? I keep reading online is that its better to just get a medical waiver if you were diagnosed with asthma as a child and haven't had any symptoms after you turn 13.
>>
>>38232792
if you havent had an attack or use anything asma related for that long dont say anything about it. they wont waste resources to dig into your medical history and itll just cause more unnecessary steps that could possibly dq you.
>>
I finally watched Black Hawk Down, it was pretty okay. I'm not much of a film critic, but it did make me glad I'm going intel. Although it did make being a pilot seem awesome, especially the little birds.
>>
File: 1475219768387.png (64 KB, 306x294)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>38233386
>I finally watched Black Hawk Down, it was pretty okay.
I want to harm you so badly right now
>>
File: 1408231685969.png (577 KB, 650x487)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
How hard is tech school for something like army 17C? Should you even go army if you want to do computer stuff, seems like most nerds choose air force. I think I know how to computer but I've no real formal training.
>>
>>38232655
Pretty meh. Less funding, less benefits, less cool jobs. Might as well just do National Guard.
>>38233803
Army ain't bad for it. The benefit with the Army and National Guard is that there's more assurity that you'd get your position but overall the Air Force and Navy have good programs too. Also consider 25 series (25s is probably the best at the moment) and 35t for other computer/networking mos's.
>>
File: 1528682050130.png (690 KB, 1080x1080)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
How often do 68C jobs come up? I was hoping to snag a slot instead of settling for 68W.
>>
>>38232618
>>38233988
>>
>>38232655
They are all bullshit. Just join the NG since its actually the real army or airforce.
>>
>>38233386
I know right, it always bothered me in movies how no one knew what the fuck was going on, and it usually could have been solved by some 35G reading a fucking map and relaying that info to the dudes who were lost.
>>
>>38233958
Not sure. But whats your end goal? Getting out and going rn?
>>
>>38232618
>>38233997
Conversely, you can not take the leave and end up not even going to work during that time, but that's heavily depending on your SNCO's. When I got to my first(and only) unit I arrvied just before everyone went on Christmas block leave. We did check in stuff for about a week, then everyone was gone. Some Sergeant just pulled those of us left and said "Ok, here's the duty roster, otherwise call me if you have any problems and keep your phone on you so I can keep track of you guys. See you after Christmas." So I get to essentially get two weeks of free leave in Hawaii.
>>
>>38234017
>Getting out and going rn?
That's what I'm eyeing at right now, and I feel that going 68C would best facilitate that. Worst case scenario is I'll do 4 years 68W and go back to college on the GI Bill.
>>
>>38233388
He's a fucking weab, what do you expect?
>>
>>38234075
Going 68c, getting your lpn at the end of ait is a good plan.

But if you want a faster way to RN, go reserves, 68c army or ng, come back home and work as an lpn part time as you work on your BSN during army reserve reserve rotc which pays for your degree under scolarship. Then as a reservist, you get priority hiring working at the military hospitals as a civ full time job or in uniform. But thats just something to keep in mind as another option.
>>
>>38225338
>It's counter-intuitive but your odds might be higher if you picked some lame-ass MOS and then put in a special forces packet.
>As a combat arms or infantryman guy your unit will monopolize 100% of your time and offer you basically nothing in return but back to back field problems and daily barracks rooms inspections at 5am. It's highly regimented and that'll limit your ability to pursue ambitions like packet school shit.

solid post by an anon from the last thread, sharing it again here
>>
>>38234193
This isnt true though. The best way is to just go 11b opt 40 out the gate. Or even better gamble and go 18x. You just need to be realistic about your physical fitness.
>>
>>38234208
Not him, but imo there are different levels of career safety when it comes to this topic. The safest route is picking a good solid mos to fall back on if you fail selections. Mid level safety is going 11x op40 and hope they even let you or give you the time to train up and prepare for selections. High risk is going 18x and then becoming needs of army for 5 years until you can reclass.

IMO anyone even considering SOF job area should prepare months ahead before attempting. If youre not prepared now, but need to join and leave home now, then go for the safer options.
>>
>>38234261
>Mid level safety is going 11x op40 and hope they even let you or give you the time to train up and prepare for selections
This doesnt make any sense. If you can pass RASP you can pass SFAS guranteed.
>>
>>38234208
he was talking about the gamble of 18X, is the regimented life of combat arms not as stringent as he says?
>>
Don't know if this should be its on separate thread but are there any good combat fitness related routines before going into the army? Ruck marching, certain mock drills etc.

Im guessing they will teach you that once your in?
>>
>>38234321
For normal vanilla infantry sure. Its a cath all for retards so they micro manage you. If youre in regiment thats completely different.
>>
>>38234208
>You just need to be realistic about your physical fitness.

Are there any recommended programs given on here to prep for selection?
>>
>>38234337
Theres a guide section in the OP containing prep plans
>>
>>38234345
see >>38234348
for the love of fuck why do OP templates even exist when you retards dont ever look at them
>>
>>38234354
>for the love of fuck why do OP templates even exist when you retards dont ever look at them

Teens today have para-normally short attention spans.
>>
>>38234288
Lol fuck no
>>
>>38234288
Ummm no. Two totally different sets of standards and training goes on in each. Remember, rasp is just to let you get in regiment, its all physical toughness type stuff. Selections tests on a whole bunch of things, you gotta actually think while you do all that physical shit. Apparently they trivia your ass while you do everything.
>>
>>38234404
Explain what you mean so i can embarass you. Cause RASP has a higher fail % and is well known to be more physically demanding. SFAS is more mental/team orientated thats why they recommend you do it later so youre more mature.
But again please try and explain so i can embarass you.
>>38234409
I know you shit head. Look at the context I said that in. We were talking initial entry. So if you are in good shape come in with 11b opt 40, spend some time in regiment, get your tab, then drop an sfas packet after your first enlistment.
>>
>>38234559
>come in with 11b opt 40, spend some time in regiment, get your tab, then drop an sfas packet after your first enlistment
Thats a possibility, but you know you might not even get your ranger tab during the first enlistment? Its not a guarantee you get one at all, they just push people through as spots open up.

And since thats the case, its essentially the same as going in as any other mos in regards to just picking up selections. Going op40 just gives you the chance to kick doors and eventually pick up a tab, while working in an above average unit.
>>
>>38234348
>>38234354
>>38234375

They are decent but they are not near optimal, something people can attest to has value as a program vs coming from a recruiting website
>>
>>38234607
>but you know you might not even get your ranger tab during the first enlistment?
wrong, you have 18 months max to get your tab from what ive heard and if you fail they kick your ass out of regiment.
>And since thats the case, its essentially the same as going in as any other mos in regards to just picking up selections.
Wrong, going through full infantry osut will help out and give you a leg up in terms of prep especially when going to rasp.
>>
>>38234623
>but they are not near optimal
how the fuck do you know fat boy?
>>
>>38234625
>going through full infantry osut will help out and give you a leg up in terms of prep especially when going to rasp
Implying

You do know other MOS make it through rasp all the time straight after ait and airborne right?
>>
>>38234656
Brainlet i said give a leg up, a leg up, a leg up
That doesnt imply no one else cant you shit head.

Is it retard hours on k right now? wtf is going on
>>
>>38234668
You know what else would give a leg up, going through 68F AIT and literally doing body conditioning and recover shit.
>>
>>38233803
The 17C curriculum is solid. JCAC does an alright job of turning randos into entry level SOC analysts. The six months at fort Gordon are always getting fucked with but that’s really where the fun begins. You’ll do completely fine and honestly even excel if you prep just a bit
>>
>>38234642

have you even read it yourself?

https://www.sealswcc.com/pdf/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

they offer basic guidelines samples for strength training, there are more optimal ways to increase speed and endurance.

that's why i asked for something beyond whats stickied that people here can attest to, vs a site that is looking for bodies
>>
>>38234754
not anyone youre responding to, but I like these guys mtntactical.com

I did one of the preps with a buddy when he was preparing for rasp and ranger school.
>>
>>38234754
IM not saying youre wrong, but you answered your own question. You can just use thoe as guidelines and then taylor the program to yourself based off your needs. No one is gonna know what you need besides you dude. Make a custom plan and just use those as jumping off points.
>>
>>38234754
This guide is solid for getting started. Obviously there are different perspectives but my advice is to look at the physical requirements for the selection course you wish to attend, look for plans that cover it, and then take what you need from those plans to fit your own level of fitness. For instance, I'm not really a solid runner so I'm only spending 3 days / week in the gym but I'm also spending 5-6 days / week running (everything from hill sprints to long slow runs). The APFT is a solid benchmark to start out mainly honestly just to see if you have the discipline to actually train up but you really want to get more specific with your training and match it to the types of movements and exercises you'll have to do at your selection course.

For example, I've basically created my own plan for SFAS from mtnathlete shit, some other strength based training stuff some SOF buddies gave me, and a running plan from an ultramarathoner / ironman friend. The biggest point is making sure you can lift heavy shit for long periods of time in different positions with varying levels of intensity. One last thing, learn some mobility exercises. I don't mean like yoga but like actually learning how to use your muscles individually and also how to use them together.
>>
Do they serve eggs for bekfast at MCRT?
>>
>>38234897
Yup. In chow hall for breakfast it's usually like eggs, bacon, sausage, and some other shit.
>>
>>38234208
>The best way is to just go 11b opt 40 out the gate. Or even better gamble and go 18x. You just need to be realistic about your physical fitness.

This almost makes me feel like it's not unrealistic if you're in great shape and can tough things out
>>
>>38235214
Its very realisitc. The majority of 18x failures drop before sfas. thats cause its stupid COD kids who arent actually in shape.
>>
>>38235214
Pretty much. SOPC hold is honestly harder physically than most shit in SFAS besides team week.
>>
Whats up anons, I just completed 19D OSUT, heading to airborne school, AMA.
>>
>>38235397
cont
Also, does anyone have experience with air assault? Apparently the unit im getting assigned to after airborne pushes guys into it.
>>
>>38235263
>SOPC hold is honestly harder physically than most shit in SFAS besides team week.

so if you can make it through that and keep the momentum going, you should be looking pretty good
>>
>>38235583
Yup. At that point, it's knowing your land nav, not being a bitch on the nasty nick, and not being a dick during team week (while also actually putting out). If you can get through SOPC hold and SOPC, you are physically fit enough to pass SFAS. Oh and just not doing stupid shit like walking on roads during the STAR. Just remember to bring a good novel.
>>
Just finished Once an Eagle by Anton Myrer on recommendation by another anon. Was fucking good and insightful. Anyone got any other good military books?
>>
>>38235779
What are you interested in? Historical nonfiction? Leadership stuff? Really good novels? Some ancient interesting Greek and Roman classics on war?
>>
>>38235779
All from an anon about a week ago, i saved his list so I'll share it again

Warrior Diplomat: A Green Beret's Battles from Washington to Afghanistan

Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield (super lefty but good to get a different perspective)

The Way of the Knife: The CIA, a Secret Army, and a War at the Ends of the Earth (interesting for understanding relationship between SOF and IC)

88 Days to Kandahar: A CIA Diary (written by agency fellow but talks about work with Army SF a ton during initial invasion of Afghan)

The Only Thing Worth Dying For (more SF in Afghan)

The Good Soldiers (not SOF, covers 11bs in Iraq during surge but very well written)

Black Hawk Down is solid but I would definitely supplement it with further outside reading into the operation to get a better understanding of it all.

Lest We Forget by Leo Jenkins is a great account of a SOCM in regiment that follows his training as well as a couple important operations, including the Redwings SAR mission.

Black Hearts by Jim Frederick

Dog Company is a super interesting account of 2 Ranger Battalion at Pointe du Hoc.

Violence of Action is another GWOT Ranger book written by a bunch of Rangers.
>>
>>38235397
What are your thoughts on 19Ks
>>
>>38235814
I would prefer american military stuff. Im alright with historical nonfiction if its written well. The thing I liked about once an eagle, was that it had alot of leadership examples that I could understand as a normal person looking to get into the military.

>>38235826
Ill look into those. Thanks.
>>
>>38235832
Im pretty sure we had more field time and did more training than they did. I would say they had the most relaxed standards than the other BNs at OSUT like the infantry dudes from what we heard and saw.
>>
>>38235826
Hey I'm that anon. For real though, just depends on what people are interested in. I think those are solid books on SOF, GWOT, and intelligence but I also read a ton of geopolitical shit and international relations stuff, which, while not directly "war" books, are incredibly insightful into why conflicts occur. If anyone has a region there interested in or a certain time period or even a specific conflict they want to dive into, let me know. I'm kind of a nerd for this stuff and I love trying to find new perspectives on conflicts and yadda yadda.
>>
Does anyone know anything about Al jaber? Anything recommended to bring? Things to do?
>>
All the stories I've heard about basic/boot make it sound like a literal prison.
Is it really that bad?

Tbf the only vets that have told me anything about it were Marines from the Vietnam era, so I'm guessing it's changed since then.
>>
>>38235900
Its worse than actual prison, since prison today is bullshit easy.

But its not that bad if youve ever had to do chores or lived a frugal life.
>>
>>38235779
Im reading that book now, about halfway through, and damn, this protaganists career is pretty fucking awesome. But I hate how much garbage he has to put up with from army politics and bullshit. Is that how it really is in the military? You can be the best soldier and leader, but still can get fucked over for doing the right thing or because of assumptions by other officers?

>spoiler

>

>spoiler

>

>

>

>

When he goes to asia for like 2 years because hes gathering intel on guerilla fighting, then comes home and it gets filed away because his buddy buddy general who sent him there dies, and his relationship with his wife strained for basically no reason at all just because he wanted to make a change in the military with that out of the box general who wanted to make a difference like he did. And then all the other officer consider him a laughing stock from that point. Or how he won the medal of honor and all the officers think he didnt earn it legitimately because he happened to marry the officer who awarded it to hims daughter. Also fuck his wife, shes been retarded ever since they went to the philippines.
>>
>>38232603
Is defense contracting after military service a meme or do people actually do it? Is armed security at like a corporate office more realistic?
>>
>>38235842
General McChrystal has some great stuff on leadership that's told through practical examples. He has a memoir called My Share of the Task, which describes in-depth the way he led and managed both JSOC in Iraq and then ISAF in Afghanistan. He also has an actual book on leadership called Team of Teams, which includes practical examples but is much less memoiry as the book is specifically on leadership. I thought The Mission, the Men, and Me by Pete Blaber (Delta commander) was really good in both its content and writing. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is a classic but not about American military. The Savior Generals by Victor Hanson is so fucking good and explores the different military leaderships of five generals from Themistocles to Petraeus. My advice would be to check out the reading lists put out for Army Officers reading list, the West Point reading list, and honestly just google "military leadership reading list." You'll find a bunch .mil links with some great selections. Oh and A Rumor of War and Once A Warrior King are two great memoirs by Army officers in Vietnam.
>>
>>38236036
Contracting is literally just getting a job with a company that hires you for a set amount of time, mostly overseas, since no one wants to permanently live overseas, plus you technically and legally cant since visas and shit.

There are all types of conractor companies and contracting jobs, you can be a janitor, paper pusher, cooks, medical, security guard, etc.
>>
>>38236058
Okay, I’m talking security since that will be the skill I have coming out of the military
>>
>>38236036
"Defense contracting" is pretty vague so I assume you mean the personal security specialist (PSS) stuff. To get into that, experience in SOF is obviously a good route, but having a combat arms background along with a specific skillset like being a licensed paramedic or having fluency or borderline fluency in Arabic or Pashto can also get you there. If you had 5-6 years in the 75th as SOCM, you would be eligible for a shit ton of work. Just be prepared for long ass hours and uneven income.
>>
>>38236126
Would it help to get into airborne/sniper school once I get in? I just went 11x 3 year contract, maybe I should look more into LEO once I get out
>>
can you lie about mental health stuff that would get you prohibited from joinin in the UK, or would they pull up medical records or smthin
>>
Prior service navy e5 shipping to benning this august. How big of a culture shock from silky soft navy to army infantry?
>>
>>38236115
You can do it, but like i said, its only a temporary gig. And also kind of hard to get into without knowing anyone in that particular company you are trying to work for. The reason why its so hard to get into, is because there are sooooo many rangers and sof duded out there who all had the same idea of get in and get out to contracting. Easiest way is to get in as a team medic and switch positions once youre in and youre qualified for that spot.

There was this one anon a while back who got dropped after going 18x and making his way to selections, because he developed type 1 diabetes, then he worked his way to being a paramedic and armored car guard civ side, then got in as a team medic for some engineer firm overseas and then switched to maritime PSD and then does PSD in middle east now.
>>
>>38236150
Airborne, no, sniper school, yes. But fyi to get sniper school you pretty much have to wait until a current sniper ETS or PCS from your unit and then compete against the other high speed dudes for that slot.
>>
>>38236206
army infantry is a weird mix of smart, motivated dudes and literal retards. you're also gonna be thrown in with 17 year old kids in osut and your sergeants might be younger than you.
>>
>>38236206
How long have you been out? Will you be coming in as an E5? Will you be attending as a careerist?
>>
>>38236150
I would recommend taking a couple college courses (gen ed) while you're in if you have the time and then using your GI bill to a get BA/BS once you're out as a lot of LEO work even at a local level now prefer a degree. But yeah, attend those schools if they're offered to you or you can get them. Or, as other people have said, get a paramedic certification on the GI bill to boost your chances of getting a PSD gig.
>>
I have hypermobility in my elbows that go fairly far back, over 15 degrees, will the army or marine infantry reject me? If so, will the FFL reject me? Never had any problems and I don't have it in my medical records.
>>
>>38236258
Left the navy to join the army. Been out for about 3 months working on the paperwork, I’ll be coming in as an e5.
>>
>>38236150
wow did not know 11x could be only 3 years
>>
>>38236751
Don’t know if you’re just being a shit head but they have it for 2 years also, I didn’t like the idea of it though
>>
How much of a say if any, do you have in choosing your first duty station? My MOS is 42A.
>>
>>38236206
wtf are you me? Im navy e5 looking to go to benning.
>>38236485
What MOS friend? I thought 11b was closed to prior guys and you had to get 18x pretty much. Can you gimme a full rundown? Also navy rate? Just curious.
>>
>>38237014
no im being serious, i did not know that
>>
>>38236485
Bro youre gonna be a careerist aka live in grown up barracks and only have to show up for formations and training. Friend recently got reclassed from35p failing dli,and went through benning as a careerist E3for 11b.
>>
>>38237027
Go to unit coordinator aka s3 and ask what bases areavailable, if you arent scared to talk to senior ncos. Or contact your job manager and ask what bases have openings for your rank and mos. Do this all towards end of ait.
>>
Parents complain about me not doing anything with my life (i still go to community college)... They say I need to get a job, so I go down to the army recruiter and they told me a lot of the benefits along with some of the negatives of the jobs I'm interested in. Parents say no, find something respectable that won't get me killed... they just won't have it

what do
>>
>>38237111
do what you want dude, you're an adult.
>>
>>38236420
Any answers?
>>
>>38232603
Is any form of military training meaningfull? For example is /k/ going to laugh at me if i'd join Polish Territorial Defense
>>
>>38237111
Join as a cool intel job, then your parents will never say shit again.
>>
How is CE in the Air force like ?
>>
>>38237141
I dont understand your question

Yes any kind of job training period will be beneficial in some way. My dad learned to engrave, weld, electirician shit, construction shit, drive, swim, etc when he was a sapper in the polish army in the 60-70s. Was stationed in(or should i say under) krakow.
>>
>>38237131
When or if they do any mobility testing, just bend like a normal human. Problem solved, problem staying solved.
>>
>>38237172
go SERE instructor. We need someone to replace garandthumb on this board.
>>
>>38237111
Tell your parents to suck a fat one. Its your life.
>>
Navy AV. What's it like?
>>
350F here AMA. Literally whatever on mil, jobs, gov jobs, active, reserves, whatever, i know a bit about everything.

But also, im starting to transition from gas grill to charcoal just to change it up. Anyone know any good charcoal that isnt kingsford? I recall one anon recommending something, but i forget and dont wanna click 7 megs back.

Also, anyone know any good cuts of meat? Last time i tried prime cut boneless ribeye. Friend of mine suggested denver cut, bu it seemed real thin. I usually order ribeye when i go to resteraunts so thats what im familiar with taste wise. But im open to suggestions.
>>
>>38237189
will they not grab your arms or test using beighton scale
>>
>>38237258
Not in the american military. I feel like there is a youtube vid of everything you do in meps. Like a follow along type deal.
>>
>>38237178
Im from that region. Tbqh this territorial defense is not looking good when you take for consideration retarded tactics and principals that some officials say. Like for example they state that these volounteers will stay on behind the frontlines and perform gorilla warfare on ruskies. I just wonder if its a only opportinity for me to have any military related trainnig, its worth taking a try
>>
>>38237266
do you what it is for the bong army or ffl? those are my first two options before i fill in a greencard to join the us military.
>>
>>38237308
don't join the ffl if you're white
>>
>>38237308
I know for a fact british military have strict standards to even enlist in the military. FFL will just tell you to fuck off if you dont already know french and are bringing nothing to the table. They are literally overflowing with recruits from all the refugees trying to get citizenship and get their families benefits in france. Go british military if thats your first choice, if you fail, then just go american if you can.
>>
>>38237321
aren't the majority of legionnaires eastern european? regardless, do you have any info about their joint tests
>>
>>38237340
I know a fair a bit of basic French, high motivation and have decent pre-university grades. I think I have something to bring to the legion. I know bong recruiting standards are high, some of my friends joined and one was nearly rejected on a heart problem on a machine, but was ultimately accepted. I'm just hoping they can't pick up on my elbow hypermobility when I go to the assessment centre. Last choice is US military which another anon said didn't do such tests, so I should be good for that if all else fails.
>>
>>38237340
I thought they taught you french anyways?
>>
>>38237374
Ya just attempt the british one, then american, then FFL in that order. FFL is real shit by all standards.

>>38237400
They have a sort of french speaking instructor during their bootcamp and you have to do some sort of test at the end or else you get booted.
>>
>>38237425
Thanks, man. Appreciate the advice, I'll follow that path.
>>
>>38237456
No worries. IMO, go set up an appointment to talk with a british military recruiter. They will tell you all you need to know. But make sure youre physically ready just in case things actually move fast.
>>
>>38237246
Go tritip
>>
is it worth going on a open aptitude in the Air force ? My recruiter informed me i has to list at least one aptitude area during my job selection list. I listed mechanical as my aptitude area but im not willing to take any aircraft maintaince jobs as of the stories ive heard from that field. If it comes down to them sending as open mechanical how fucked could I be. Right now im just hopeing to score a contract in the CE field in which whats the chance for CE job to open in basic if I do go open mechanical Aptitude?
>>
>>38237246
New York Strips are always solid. I like Filet Mignons when I feel like being fancy but they're not very big so it's best to pair them with a couple filling sides. Usually I just grill up a flank steak if I'm not don't feel like eating chicken. Outside of beef, lamb chops are always solid and I've good experience with pork chops as of late provided you can find a good recipe online. Playing around with the seasoning or even making a nice sauce is always good if you want switch up the taste without switching up the meat.

- Bougie Foodie
>>
Are you allowed to get certifications in ratings that aren't related to yours? For example, can a logistics specialist attempt to earn certifications that normally IT specialists get?
>>
>>38237536
And this my friends is why joining the airforce sucks balls.

But you do what you need to do, remember you can back out all the way before you ship out. Go and risk it, and if you dont get the job you want, tell them no thank you.
>>
Is sinus arrhythmia disqualifying?
>>
>>38237661
>>38237502
Will look into it.

I mostly want to cook things on a charcoal grill, i bought on a whim.
>>
>>38237827
If by certifications you mean civilian ones like securiy+, A+, etc.
>>
>>38237111
Unironically how old are you?
>>
What's the deal with bikes in the military? I've taken the california version of the MSF course and have had my class M for the last year. Can I just show up with it at/after AIT?
>>
File: 14475758212511.jpg (1.51 MB, 2560x1920)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>38237061
Thank you.
>>
>>38237827
Nothing is stopping you from doing it on your own but good luck getting it paid for except out of pocket
>>
>>38238102
Everytime you go to a new base they make you take the moto safety course, its the same shit you take to use to get a license in any state, but free. You have to take it in order for them to approve you to drive your vehicle. Also gotta wear full helmet, DOT jacket, and reflective belt when driving on base. Its shitty, but not too difficult to live with.
>>
>>38238121
Why did you pick 42A btw?
>>
I have a college degree but want to enlist instead of marine officer route. This is retarded right?
>>
>>38238270
Depends what you want out of the Marines. Probably super stupid though and you'll hate it
>>
Is this the thread for leaf military or is it /k/anada General? I have questions about becoming maybe operator or maybe POG.
>>
>>38238270
What job you wanna do? But youre probably stupid depending on your answer.
>>
>>38238301
Probably kanada general. Only one canadian mil guy comes in this thread and hes a whiny bitch that keeps trying to get out of the military.
>>
>>38238270
Lol, retard
>>
>>38232655
If you’re in New York, I know the New York Guard waives paying tolls and gives you some monies for school. Other than that, NG is usually superior in every other way.
>>
>>38238270
Not at all. Enlisted get it better than officers. Officers are stuck behind desks, while the enlisted get to have all the fun in the field. They are also cross trained in several jobs, not just their MOS, like being sanitation specialists. Single marines also get to live in dorms. It's basically college 2.0. Your NCOs also visit them frequently to make sure the barracks are remaining spiffy so you can continue to live like kings
>>
What job lets me drone people?
>>
>>38238498
Literally job called drone operator
>>
>>38238311
I just wanna have fun with the lads for four years
>>
File: 1527206960466.jpg (39 KB, 500x362)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>38238406
well when you put it that way
>>
>>38238629
ok you have to pick a job though.
also it's not going to be 4 years of fun no matter what.
>>
>>38238648
Yes it is. Military service is glorified summer camp
>>
File: 1523492236064.gif (41 KB, 112x42)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>38238681
well when you put it that way
>>
>>38238701
>>38238637
Based
>>
>>38238681
Great!!! 03xx sounds like the place for you!!!! :DDD
>>
>>38238270
>>38238629
Enlist in the army 11b opt 40.
>>
Best way to beat a polygraph? Used to dabble in anabolic steroids and that bars me from seeking a federal job for 10 years after last use. What's my best course of action for beating that on a polygraph?
>>
>>38238734
love this meme desu
>>
>>38238742
Actually explain why its a meme
>>
File: Art_bell-main_thumb.jpg (36 KB, 504x610)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>38238739
telling the truth
>>
File: steak prolapse.webm (2.86 MB, 534x534)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
What branch has the best food? I plan on using the GI bill to go to culinary school. I want to nourish my love of cooking in the military.
>>
>>38238739
Tell the truth or be really good at lying. Polygraphs don't know if your lying, only how stressed you are.
>>
>>38238751
>webm
for what purpose
>>
>>38238751
>What branch has the best food?
Air Force
>>
>>38238751
>love of cooking
>military

Bruh
>>
>>38238751
92G op40
>>
How likely am I to get an STD at tech school
>>
File: perfect burger.webm (2.94 MB, 640x640)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>38238827
I was lead to believe that our military was well taken care of in the food department. I mean our defense budget is like 5 trillion dollars right? There has to be some money after paying Lockheed Martin, Northrop Gruman, and IBM right?
>>
>>38238885
Gays have a high rate stds so your odds look pretty high.
>>
File: 1528376482373.jpg (36 KB, 475x318)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>38238895
>>
>>38238893
You should really apologize for posting that webm.
>>
Just make sure I got this right, there's no records kept from visiting a recruiter? I went to one a year ago before I knew the military will never find out about prior medical conditions and was totally honest and am planning to go to one again after I get my undergraduate degree.
>>
>>38238895
yes hilarious, but worse than that I have a thing for black girls, so you may not be 100% incorrect
>>
>>38239039
unless they submitted it (you'd know) then no. that'd be a waste of paperwork.
why would you go after undergrad and what do you want to do
>>
>>38239071
All I remember was the guy writting down the stuff I said on some form. Planning on getting my degree then trying for armor officer, though I've heard some good things about NFO stuff.
>>
>>38239102
they write down basic info just to keep up with you to see if you're worth the hassle every time, no reason not to go for round 2, commissioned boogaloo
i think officer side has its own set of recruiters, a normal recruiter would know
>>
I'm 28 wondering if reservist is a good way to have extra cash, get more fit, and fuck around with military equipment.

Am I gonna get deployed?
>>
>>38239142
Alright then, I think I accidentally walked into an officer recruiter though. Doubt he'll remember me. Might also end up going to the one in my state or the one that comes around my college then. ( though the army one specializes in medical Corp stuff)
>>
>>38238267
I was going to pick 35F, I went to MEPS to do the physical and swear in and when it came time to choose my MOS, it was "unavailable" even though I met the criteria. I heard about 42A before and it seemed similar enough, so I chose that instead. I'm leaving for basic 3 weeks from now.
>>
>>38239184
well contrary to the theme of these threads for the recent versions, i think 35F sounds overrated as hell and is best used for giving up 3 years of your life to move elsewhere in the intel world if you don't know where you wanna be to start.
i don't understand though, i thought soldiers signed at the recruiting office, not at MEPS? plus just for future reference if folks ask you stuff later, you can always just tell them to fuck off until your MOS is available.
>>
>>38239184
You know that you could have reserved job at recruiter right after you take asvab. No need to sign at meps.
>>
>>38238739
be really stressed throughout the whole polygraph
>>
>>38239231
Its not really a bullshit mos that wastes 3 years since, its intel, you get a ts, its good for career progression and getting schools done, and it looks good on civy resume if you decide to quit the mil since analyst looks good everywhere.
>>
>>38239231
It might vary by city, the system to find job openings was always unstable at the recruitment office anyway. I'll be honest, I did fall for the 35F meme. I was reading what people here said about it on desuarchive and it sounded interesting. I just wanted office work because I'm not built for high speed operating. At the time, I was desperate to leave my hometown and it was getting to the point where college deadlines were a few weeks away so I didn't want to negotiate for my MOS for too long. I had shitty grades and no money for college so my enlistment was inevitable. Your advice should be in the OP, a lot of people aren't assertive with their recuriter when it comes to picking their MOS.
>>
>>38239407
Uhhh dude...wtf are you talking about? You cant say 35F is a meme when you literally picked the most meme tier job 42A. Do you not know what that is?
>>
>>38239485
Yeah, an MOS with next to no redeeming qualities. Don't get me wrong, 35F is a great MOS, its just that I looked into it only because its posted so often in this thread. It wasn't meant to be an insult.
>>
protip for underageb& lurking this thread: if you score well on the ACT & you're joining the Army they can use that score to reserve a job before you take the ASVAB.
>>
>>38239543
No i wasnt taking it as an insult. Im just saying you picked one of the worse MOS in the army. You shouldnt be bragging about how another mos is overrated when you have one of the worst ones.
>>
If I try to commission in the Reserves, is my employer legally required to re-hire me/not fire me while I head off to basic, or can they let me go since I'll be gone for weeks? This isn't about getting paid while I'm gone, but having a job to come back to.

I would like to commission at least in the reserves before I am too old to do so, but at the same time I have a job which I'm not too fond of, but it pays the bills and the salary isn't that bad, so I would like to not lose it if I can help it.
>>
>>38239407
Bruh you picked 42A, talk about no redeeming qualities lmao.
>>
>>38236206
I was at Benning for quite a while for various reasons so I kind of had a backstage view of how that shit works. If you're coming in as an NCO then you should be put into separate barracks as the privates and will be treated with respect for the most part. When I was at Benning we had NCO's in our class who were reclass's and they did not participate in smoking's. In fact they didn't even have to do the basic portion and only had to do the AIT portion but depending upon how long you were out they might make you do basic again.

As far as the culture shock. Probably not that huge. Infantry life sucks ass at all times as compared to just some of the times in the navy (As far as what I understand about the Navy). But people are people no matter where you go so as the other anon you will find a mix of people, nerds, jocks, fags, squared away fellas, etc.
>>
>>38239608
As long as you join while you work he cannot fire you. He also doesnt have to pay you while your gone
>>
TELL ME ABOUT THE NAVY CRYPTO RATES
They are called "spooks" but do they do any actual spooky shit?
Especially interested in CTR
>>
>>38237111
Why are you living for someone else? lol. Just join if you want, do your three years or whatever and finish school or whatever. I'm not you, do your own thing.
>>
>>38239630
Yeah, I don't expect to be paid. I just don't want to lose the job since the pay is decent and I can't find anything better.
>>
>>38239543
That was another poster who said it was overrated. I said I only chose 42A out of desperation to leave my hometown and because there were no openings for 35F.
>>38239616
I was taking about my own MOS, which I chose because 35F wasn't available.
>>
>>38238751
The air force has the best food. When I was deployed we made a stop at an Air Force base for a few days after eating nothing but MRE's for a month we went to an Air Force DFAC where they literally had I shit you not, Steak, massive fresh prawns, lobster and ironically still served on a fucking Styrofoam plate.
>>
File: 1.png (385 KB, 506x455)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
11B here. Ask me questions if you want IDK
>>
>>38237111
>wah my parents
Suck cock kid you're not tough enough for the Army. Not yet at least >>38238270
Is it really retarded? You'll hopefully get to tell your grandchildren bad ass fucking stories from your time as an enlisted marine and you can go officer if you want to later on.. you'll hypothetically earn respect from enlisted subordinates unlike other officers as someone who's been through the shitter.
>>38239407
>42A
tell me this is elaborate bait.
>>
Does anyone know how soon you can retake the DLPT if you fail? My recruiter has me scheduled for this Monday, but I'd like a few more days to study because I'm just finishing finals. Would it be a dick move to ask my recruiter to push it back a few days? And I do mean DLPT, not DLAB.
>>
>>38239702
how many bullets do you shoot a year
>>
>>38239736
No. If it's an Army recruiter they will do anything you want lol. You need to do you.
>>
>>38239760
That's hard to guess. Definitely more than I can count but it still doesn't feel like to many. We qualify at least once a year which requires as many as 200 rounds on the very high end but if you already have your weapon zeroed all you really need to do is confirm the zero with 5-10 rounds and then 40 for the actual qual.

Then there are various training events and exercises. If I had to guess, depending on your role you probably will shoot at least 1000 a year but maybe more depending upon how much training you do.
>>
>>38239702
>AD/Reserve/Guard?

>What kind of unit?

>Tabbed? Airborne/AA?

>If active, how many nights do you sleep in the field be back in your barracks? The only thing keeping me from picking infantry is that I don't want to spend half my enlistment camping back in the states (deployment is fine).
>>
>>38239796
>AD/Reserve/Guard?

AD

>What kind of unit?

Fucking Armored unit. I am in one of only 4 infantry companies in my entire brigade lol

>Tabbed? Airborne/AA?

No and no. Just a basic Joe.

>If active, how many nights do you sleep in the field be back in your barracks? The only thing keeping me from picking infantry is that I don't want to spend half my enlistment camping back in the states (deployment is fine).

Depends on how much training your unit likes to do. Our unit probably does like 2-3 months in the field when not deployed but spread out over the year.
>>
>>38239702
how does hygiene work on a 2 week field op? Obviously they want you to brush your teeth/shave every day, but do you wash up/put on antiperspirant every couple days or just get nasty as hell until it's time to leave?
>>
How is it that the military never checks up on medical history? I can get for enlistment stuff but not for things that require security clearance.
>>
>>38239158
Uh.. anyone?
>>
>>38239683
What else was available bro? Because im not even joking about how bad that job is. Youre not gonna get any decent work exp that you cant get working at a college admissions office. How long was the contract?
>>
>>38239736
You cant really push dlpt dates out because it all depends on when the tester is available for your language.

If you fail the dlpt, they arent gonna let you keep that acasp contract at all bro.
>>
>>38239848
>Armored

Are you in Brads or Strykers? If so, how much maintenance do you do yourself vs the motor pool?
>>
>>38239866
How would they know what hospital to look at? There is no 1 system database that every hospital is part of.
>>
>>38239866
Because you're a faggot and there are laws fuck booiiiiiiii it never happened. I don't even need to read what you're talking about. It never happened unless you're a faggot and bring it up or it is blatantly obvious (to which you're an idiot for trying in the first place)
Faggot
>>
>>38239908
What about medical record for MEPS? Couldn't they follow up?
>>
>>38239874
Yes to the last part, but only on the weekends. Reservist at old age is usually good for those who want to get work experience in a job area they normally cant in civilian life. Like lets say you wanted to work in intel but all you got is admin exp, so you get a reservist job where you are formally trained in whatever job area you wanted, and now you can apply for civilian jobs in the intel field.

Same goes for trade skill jobs, like gunsmith, boat driver, welder, etc
>>
>>38239908
>Look up job history
>Contact employers
>Pull insurance info and check your records
>Gov can probably make you sign away your HIPAA rights to join if they wanted to

I mean, they don't do this, but they probably *could*
>>
>>38239924
If they have your record at meps, then they have that medical history already....
>>
>>38239608
Look at userra. You can't be fired and you are treated like you never left seniority wise.

T. National guardsman who left work for a year for it.
>>
>>38239878
4 years.

Going by the general consensus from all of you on what 42A is like, it looks like I'm fucked.
>>
>>38239924
They already know, I have your record up right now in front of me. No chance with that. Nice try though
>>
>>38239938
Why would your employers give company personnel data freely?
>>
>>38239858
Everyone does it differently. There is usually enough time in the field to clean up or whatever and people don't shave every day. I mean your supposed to but come on... Especially people with light hair. I can only go like 2 days until I have to shave because I have dark hair and pale ass skin but some people can go like a week.

Usually I just take a little bird bath with wet wipes every day or every other day and hit mainly just the important stuff like my pits, taint, balls, feet, etc. during that time I put on deodorant too but it also depends on a lot of different factors. Sometimes you just will not have time.

>>38239898
I'm in a brad. I'm actually a driver, the most POG you can possibly be as an infantrymen except for S shops. But I have still done a fair bit of dismount shit.

We do A LOT of maintenance, at least the mounted sections especially as the Driver. I do the PMCS on the bradley itself and my gunner does the PMCS on the turret. Basically most of the day is spent in the Motor Pool doing some dumb shit involving the Bradley like checking tie-downs, PMCS, GST which is practicing taking apart and putting back together the 25mm or a plethora of other dumb shit. And the mechanics take forever to get back to you and will straight up tell you to fix shit yourself because it's "Operator Level" which is a term that has basically become a bit of a meme in the military.
>>
>>38239944
Holy fuck you got conned. 42A is a 2-3 year mos bro. Call your recruiter and change that shit. Do you even get a bonus at least?
>>
>>38239944
not such a bad deal dude. Sounds like a lazy job. Collect and save your pay, take some college coursework, do your 4 and then get your free college
>>
File: Tired.png (22 KB, 430x160)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
im RCN Reserve, which is to say CF Navy Reserve, or just Canadian, ama

im also drunk as fucc so ill say whatever

im no recruiter and cant give really primary info but i can help you out if you're unfortunate enough to be canadian on /k/ like me
>>
>>38239970
Ya, this. Unless you do what this anon said >>38239968 and change your mos.

This mos is really shitty man. You know how we all hate 31B and AF security forces? Its like that, but 10X more hate.
>>
>>38239959
Not gonna lie dude, sounds pretty neat to me. I'm sure the maintenance is an absolute cunt but every dude on Earth wants to drive an armored vehicle once in his life.

TYFYS senpai
>>
File: 1515080021864.jpg (5 KB, 206x244)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>38239938
Can't do that if you've never had a job
>>
>>38239984
Trudeau is a fucking queer dude. such a cowardly gay bitch. I just wanna kiss him on the lips
>>
>>38239996
>Not gonna lie dude, sounds pretty neat to me. I'm sure the maintenance is an absolute cunt but every dude on Earth wants to drive an armored vehicle once in his life.

Yeah that's what I said like three years ago on these MEG threads before I joined. Can't say that I regret it but people on here definitely aren't lying when they say that this shit sucks ass. But your probably just like me and nothing that I tell you will convince you otherwise lol. But yeah it is pretty lit DESU. At least the driving part.

>TYFYS senpai
Kill yourself. I joined for ME. And so did 99% of us lol.
>>
>>38239184
>>38239231
>>38239407
>>38239543
350F here

Whats this I hear about 35F being overrated and not having any redeeming qualities? Explain this please, I would like to know how you came up with this conclusion.
>>
Out of curiosity, is there a branch that gives out waivers the most?
I know always lie about medical conditions, and lie about them till you are blue in the face, but I am curious.
>>
>>38240050
Waivers are at the discretion of the recruiting station. So any of them I suppose.
>>
>>38240050
What do you need a waiver for? What MOS were you thinking about? What's your ASVAB score?
>>
File: ayabio.png (1.05 MB, 639x1169)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>38240015
La St-Laurent est prop-- Fuck this french shit. We all understand both but speak our own.

Atlantic shipping is property of Montreal.

Trudeau Jr is not my queen.
Trudeau Sr will have his house gassed and bombed at some point, I'm sure.

Behave or be slain.
>>
>>38240050
Army has the rep for handing out the most waivers.

That said, Marine recruiters are so overworked and desperate to make their quotas they will bend over backwards to ship bodies. So it's easy to assume a Marine recruiter will do his best to get a waiver through for you.
>>
>>38239893
Yeah figured as much. I'll just give it my best shot and see what happens then.
>>
>>38239968
I ship out in 3 weeks, I don't know if there's anything I can do at this point. My recruiter doesn't work there anymore.
>>38239970
This was my plan, I needed security. It was either this or be stuck in my parents house working min wage jobs. I wanted to leave before
>>38239992
Yeah, I'm taking his advice.
>>38240046
I was talking about 42A having no redeeming qualities. I wanted to be 35F, but I wasn't assertive enough when I heard there were no openings at the time. I used the term "meme" out of context. 35F isn't a bad MOS.
>>
>the CF issues this poster
Where you at?

Hard Red for me imo
>>
>>38240090
*before I would become complacent with the idea of leeching off of my parents and being a borderline NEET. At least now I have the chance to get an education and a full-time job.
>>
>>38240090
Alright bro, no prob. This is how you make the most of your situation. Get in, work on pt during your time in, anytime there is a chance for additional training like cls, combatives, range safety, bus driver, anything that counts as a military training qualification on your record. Then when you hit E4, start harrassing your unit into pushing you into BLC, then reclass into 35L, or wait until your final year and put in for a reclass and reenlist. Or just get out and use your gi bill. Unfortunately like other anon said, youre gonna be getting generic administrative clerical experience, and on the outside thats only gonna count for secretary type jobs at the work experience level you will be at after 4 years as an 42A.
>>
>>38240092
Thats how they weed out the outlier guys to reduce bodies.
>>
>>38239939
Why the hell/how would they have you medical records at MEPS?
>>
>>38240225
He just said they had his records, I assume he got a waiver or something.
>>
>>38240092
lmao, in the american military, at hospitals, every time you go in they ask you "do you ever think or dream about it"

Now I had never heard this before and said yes, and they were like how long have you been thinking of suicide? I was like WOAH WOAH WOAH, no i thought you were talking about the clown IT. I thought it was strange how specific they were about my nightmares.
>>
>>38239959
>operator level

"The guidance system is trashed, we've got 3 forward gears, reverse is everyone getting out and pushing, its missing a wheel, the gun jams every 1 in 5 rounds 37% of the time and it smells like shit because Jenkins decided to take a curry dump on the engine cowling."

"Sounds like operator level to me."
>>
File: Mr._Hertz.jpg (22 KB, 168x317)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>38240223
well i might be hard red but

>>38240250
I'll put it honestly; I don't know what your actual paranoia is like, but military-provided mental healthcare is always a trap.

When it's Ya Boyz you can be fairly sure nothing bad will happen but they are still human beings who will ask a lot of uncomfortable questions if you shit around for too long.

I'm thankful I haven't had to see a real professional yet, but even just missing work or doing work badly garners a lot of questions.

>>38239959
>Usually I just take a little bird bath with wet wipes every day
Why don't you have a sponge and a kettle?
>>
>>38240065
>What do you need a waiver for? What MOS were you thinking about?
Childhood asthma, no incidents after 12. Everything I keep reading on line says that it can be waivered, but that its a toss up. I was looking into 35 as an officer, but are there any MOS that have a better chance of getting a waiver that don't suck ass? Otherwise, should I just keep mum about it?
>>
>>38240343
dude thats a dont need to tell them issue if you havnt had any issues since childhood.
>>
>>38240343
Thats probably why your list was limited for jobs desu
>>
ACASP dude here, if I fuck up my test would it be weird to start a WOFT packet? I was thinking about doing it before, but I didn't want an 8 year hitch. After bullshitting my way through another set of finals, I'm pretty sure I don't want to do this too much longer. Alternatively, what are selection rates like for guys that are in but not already in aviation?
>>
>>38240211
Thank you, I'll try to make the most out of it. I'll see how it is initially before I make a decision on whether to reclass or not, but I'll be sure to enroll in training courses and work on getting college credits to compensate for the lack of experience as-is.
>>
So what's the best US branch for money and to learn a trade? I have a friend that joined the Airforce but I really have no idea which to chose. Probably only going to be in for at most 5 years.
>>
>>38240398
Wouldnt be weird. But make sure youre real with your recruiter. Hopefully hes not a dbag and doesnt act shitty to you. But if youre gonna do WOFT, do it as a civ. Dont fucking do it while in, it so much fucking harder.
>>
>>38239954
They hopefully wouldn't, but they could easily be forced to.

Gov already knows your (legal) work history from your tax records. All it takes is a couple freedom-haters in office to force the DoD to change the enlistment requirements.
>>
>>38240411
Ya, dude youre gonna want to reclass from 42A. Its not a great place to be stuck in for your whole career. Promotions suck, school availability sucks, and there is no variation in the job. Its the same exact shit every single time. Trust me when I say, there is so much better shit out there. Even if youre a slacker or whatever and just want to cruise, you should at least get in a job where you can cruise and looks good on resume.
>>
>>38240413
What trade? You could always just do GFP
>>
>>38240413
What trade you wanna do? And why a trade, why not something that could lead to a career in a white collar job?
>>
>>38240420
My last station was horrible, but my current recruiter and station commander are both really cool. Recruiter is a 35p Chad and the Commander needs someone with my language and MOS to meet his mission, so I'm hoping they can work something out with whoever has the power to magic people in.
>>
>>38240413
Depends on what you want to do. Army is easier to enlist in and has the widest variety of jobs. If you want to learn to weld, the Navy Hull Technician rate is the best way.
>>
>>38240451
Aiming for something IT.
>>
>>38240468
Are you going reserves or NG? What do you mean meet his mission? Is that like a checkmark on his OER or something lmao?
>>
>>38240468
LMFAO.... Is that what your recruiter told you ?
>>
>>38240478
Go army 35T get all your certs done, and get degree eventually, after enlistment is over you can now work for military doing the same job but for $70K+ and hiring priority at most places.

But in all seriousness, go 35T
>>
>>38240483
Active. The mission is each station's quota for dudes. Because I'm currently the exact kind of unicorn he needs, he'll bend over backwards to put me in so he can meet his quota and avoid an ass chewing.
>>
>>38240478
Army 25B

There are sexier jobs out there in IT, but you'll be chasing defense contractor jobs after you get out to make use of your training, and that line of work is drying up. Go 25B, get a good baseline of experience plus the entry level IT certs for free while you're in, and then get out and go to school.
>>
>>38240506
Nah, he just said that if I signed he'd meet his mission and that would be really cool, but he wouldn't pressure me.
>>
>>38240524
Thats what they all say man. But for real you are probably the first person to ask for an ACASP or something. Most recruiters dont even know about that program.
>>
Any 15F's here or know any?

I want to join the Army but will struggle getting a security clearance with a bankruptcy on my record. I know I won't qualify for an A&P but electrical work interests me and I figure I could get out and get an Industrial Techbokogy degree to fix machines back home.
>>
Got discharged honorably for failing PT Test. Was in army as shitbag 68w. Now in college.When my benefits run out can I be a Navy chaplain assistant or a nuke tech?
>>
>>38240546
My recruiter is a 35p, so he was all over it. Was legit able to answer every question I had. We talked about his day-to-day working at the NSA, his deployments, one of his buddies who went SOT-A, even told me some stuff he probably shouldn't have about GREATSKILL and one other spoopy program sort of thing whose name I can't remember. Really just excited to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>38240563
Worst case go the regular electrician mos that doesnt require a clearance.
>>
File: sailorfox.jpg (94 KB, 579x480)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>in the cf reserve
>working class b rn
>gonna get a class c soon

On top of already drinking a lot, I'm still sad all the time, in a permanently sorta "Force Shaken" state, lack TS, need an A- account and don't have it, but most importantly

I have no idea what I'm doing, lack access to try to do things, and even what I can do off the cuff is stuff I've not got network rights to do

I feel shaken and unable in many senses; I can't do my job because I lack access, but also because I've been thrown in without training, but I feel the training I need is just normal stuff; I just need sheer access. But also, whenever I do anything, there's a pang of "Is this permitted and if I break this is it ok??"

I like my job with the CF, but I feel that pang should come from enemy fire or american hackers, not just "I can get into that and I know what's wrong, but it's not my place to fuck with it." or "I can easily fuck with it guilt-free, but have no idea how this interfaces with other stuff well beyond me so I have to ask my boss for advice."
>>
>>38240572
Sounds like a pretty easy yes/no question that only a Navy recruiter could answer dude. Make the call.
>>
>>38240478
Go 11b. Fuck technology. Fuck information too. Go fuckin get you some boy. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>38240572
yup. But make sure to do it within 3 years otherwise you have to redo basic/boot
>>
File: 1523236439755.png (66 KB, 500x533)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
Im going to MEPS tomorrow. 0300 in the Marine Corps.
>>
>>38240577
Okay thats good.

What did he tell you about great skills btw?
>>
>>38240581
15F doesn't require a clearance like most of the other Aviafion jobs. That's why I'm considering it. I'd rather work a flight line than run wire to buildings if given the choice.
>>
>>38240602
Best of luck dude. You'll hate your life but I never met a Marine grunt vet who regretted joining.
>>
>>38240602
Nice. Get ready for no less than 5 guys to put their fingers in your ass for proper "inspection of the colon" along with verifying proper conduct. Might even put a cue tip in your pee pee
>>
>>38240448
I was probably only going to do four years, but I'll reclass as soon as the opportunity comes. Thank you.
>>
>>38240603
Like I said, stuff he definitely shouldn't have, and probably shouldn't be posted on an open forum. But talked about their duties and requirements, and what the program actually entails, since the recruiting material online amounts to "hey this program exists"
>>
>>38240655
What made you choose HR? Do you vote left or right? Just curious
>>
File: 1528563030676.jpg (608 KB, 1581x1323)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
btw on secret, but as a canuck:

Everything requires a clearance these days you retards

If you go literally anywhere contested, it'll require Secret, at least. Even infantry and Bos'N require it just to work even at a canadia-side unit these days.

It's not that hard to get but ask your chain of command for what you need; it's all very tedious to get. TS is similar but all the same information; just ask your boss what you need for Secret and get that all together. If you joined recently, it should be the same as what you already submitted for Enhanced Reliability but a little more stringent.

If you haven't even done that but are joining soon, keep paper documents of your security shit locally. People will lose your electronic ones, and having local paper copies of shit will make things way easier when you go for Secret or TS because you can just copy shit over and you wont have to be cross-referenced for a month's difference in a dwelling from when you were twelve.
>>
>>38240678
>>38240577
post your fucking trade badge nigger
>>
File: 1519602683000.jpg (12 KB, 387x309)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>38239395
>>38240046
I said it's overrated. It is literally the most basic bitch intel slot you can do, and is recommend/shilled so much because it allows you to get your foot in the door on a short contract. Let's not pretend those aren't the main attractions being pushed.
Nothing wrong with the MOS but if you want to do intel, look at everything, not just "hm this one MOS where i can just move from it to others once i find out what i like". That's still 3 years into something you may not like but you jumped on that train because it's mentioned constantly as the bee's knees.
>>
>>38240678
Dude your anon, plus you never signed an NDA, and you never posted where you were from, so wouldnt matter anyways. Just say it. We can talk about delta and shit but cant talk about a program where they send you to live overseas in a foreign country where you live among the locals and report on their attitudes and shit toward stuff?
>>
File: 1525356513342.png (28 KB, 337x306)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>38240712
What the fuck is a trade badge, I'm a civilian
>>
So many autists joining to be pogs

Just go to school and get a civilian job doing the exact same pog shit. You'll be making actual money and growing your beard out.
>>
>>38240602
>>38240623
> I never met a Marine grunt vet who regretted joining.
am marine pog. fucking hate being in the marines but dont regret the choice. am definitely better off having done than this but am tired of the bullshit.
>>
>>38240718
Eh good point. Basically cleared up that misconception for me. It seems that in addition to collecting intel from the local populace, they also act almost a reserve for diplomatic missions. He said they all wear suits and hang out with important people most of the time, so I'm just assuming State department stuff. If I were to guess they're almost like an intelligence version of the marine security guards at embassies and consulates. And they're not trained to do anything dangerous, so it's not a program to churn out 00X types.
>>
>>38240714
Hey dude if you dont know what intel area you wana work in. Whats wrong with working in a relaxed and chill intel field where you get to experience all the fields, get a TS, and have every available school slot open to you because of that particular mos?

That cant be said for many jobs out there. I talk about it because I am a subject matter expert on the job and know all the potential for it.
>>
>>38240768
And once you're out you'll probably find yourself missing it.

Just keep your nose out of trouble, take lots of pictures with your buds (sounds girly and gay, i know, but you'll be glad you have them years later) and fucking party your ass off when you can.

You're probably under 25, right? You got your whole life ahead of you. Enjoy it.
>>
>>38240681
There were no openings for 35F and I had 5 minutes to find something before the medical tests began.

My philosophy leans right for the most part. I haven't had the chance to vote yet besides for local elections.
>>
>>38240641
OOHHHH THIS TRADE IS SO SECREEEETTTTTTTT no theyre not it's just hype generated by PR Os (Public Relations Officers)

If the us is even a little like Canada, you will join as some normal trade, and then remuster once you gain skills and experience and general wherewithal if you want to do something actually specialized like inspection diving at ports for mines, or calling up whole countries to see if niggas are going to get gassed and bombed for just being there.

Military experience is valuable to the actual federal police and international intelligence services, but let's be real -- they hire actual passionate graduates and defecting foreigners, not retards who failed at life and had to join the local self-defence force. They hire poli-sci grads and BAR failures; not sailors and airmen whose claim to fame rely on model numbers.
>>38240741
Shit like this is why I won't even take what the reserves gives me to go back to school.

The world is so full of frauds like yourself that the only people I can care for are my direct juniors.
>>
How fit should I be before I go to Marine bootcamp?
>>
File: sharkuniforms.png (230 KB, 800x766)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>38240817
>>38240741
By the waym
A trade badge is a little factory-made square of fabric you get proving you know righty-tighty from lefty-loosey.
The design on it is specific to some stuff.

Mine has a pair of Juliet flags over a lightning bolt. I still haven't fixed it to my issued suit.
>>
>>38240833
Concentrate on your pull-ups (and crunches if you're one of those weirdos who can't max them already). The running will come naturally.
>>
File: 1525398745678.jpg (157 KB, 784x519)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>38240817
It was pretty clearly implied that I'm a civilian, since I mentioned a recruiter, a recruiting station, and a program to get civilians into undermanned things quickly. And an american civilian at that. Why Canada was never ip range banned is a mystery to me.
>Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
>>
>>38240773
Ya you report to state dept, to the local FAO. You actually work very closely with them.

No they are basically intel sources for FAO. Friend of mine worked as one in france and had to live there for almost a year reporting on the general attitude of french towards foreigners, like how french do not like it when people attempt their language, they only want it fluent or not at all. This is all public knowledge so i can post about it.
>>
>>38240795
>where you get to experience all the fields
see this is misleading.
You get to experience the product of all fields and turn it into another another product that normal people can understand. You don't experience all the fields...you're not out there collecting the data with them willy nilly or sifting through thousands of data points to find the one where some pixel is of interest in one picture or someone mentions someone else of interest.
I'm just tired of it being so shilled as this amazing opportunity compared to other forms of intel when the reality is, it's only worth it because it's short. 3 years is still 3 years though and I'd say it's a better opportunity for full GI benefits + TS and that's really it.
>>
>>38240860
That sounds lame as fuck. Why would you want to do that if your career ambitions lie outside "DoS/DIA bitch boy" for life?
>>
>>38240860
Yeah I'm a civilian >>38240840 so I don't know what is covered by opsec and NDA's and whatnot. Where would a russian go, the Baltics? I can't imagine Russia would take too kindly to Americans within their borders.
>>
File: sharkkiss.jpg (311 KB, 800x777)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>38240859
>since I mentioned a recruiter, a recruiting station, and a program to get civilians into undermanned things quickly.
Yeah, here in canada those things are handled by actual military members, not DND Contractors. Our recruiters are drawn from military members, and our recruitment to being A Contractor(tm) is similarly handled by different people.

Being a child country of the commonwealth lends a certain harsh understanding of legalese.

I apologize for the misunderstand--
>>Ô Canada!
>Terre de nos aïeux,
>Ton front est ceint de fleurons gl--
I appreciate the attempt at diplomacy, but politics and language are complicated here. I implore you to reign it the fuck in and dial it the fuck back before niggas get shot like they did in 2012.

>Why Canada was never ip range banned is a mystery to me.
Quebec is the strongest country on earth. :^)
>>
>>38240886
I mean if it's like a 9 month deployment like he said, it seems like any other deployment, except you're surrounded by hot Euro thots instead of a bunch of dudes in some godforsaken desert.
>>
>>38240718
Ok here's an excerpt from an after action report from a recent op. Made sure to cover sensitive names

A decade after he exposed Operation Blackbriar and disappeared, (redacted 35series) has finally recovered from his amnesia, isolating himself from the world and making a living by taking part in savage, bareknuckle fighting bouts. In Reykjavík, Nicky Parsons, who has been collaborating with a hacktivist group led by Christian Dassault, hacks into the CIA's mainframe computer server to expose its "black" (top-secret) operations programs. This alerts Heather Lee, the head of the agency's cybersecurity operations division, and CIA director Robert Dewey. In the process, Parsons finds documentation concerning (redacted 35series) recruitment into Army Treadstone and his father's role in the program. She travels to Athens to find and inform him.

In Greece, Parsons and (redacted 35series) meet at Syntagma Square during a violent anti-government protest. They evade CIA teams sent after them, but Parsons is shot by the Asset, an ex-Blackbriar assassin who also holds a personal grudge against (redacted 35series), having been captured and tortured as an unintentional consequence of (redacted 35series) exposure of Blackbriar.
>>
>>38240866
True, you get the final results of all the intel fields brought to you for review. But you get to work with those guys, and you learn what they do, and if that interests you then you can reclass into it. I was a 35N, and worked a 35F job, and liked it, so I got my secondary mos in it and then reclassed into it as my primary mos. Shit I was on my way to 35P before that going through language school and hated that. 35N i wasnt too fond of either. But 35F, i excelled at.

Dude no one is forcing you to go as anything you dont wanna go. Half the time I always say do 35F as your last option.
>>
>>38240913
are you a fuckin quebecois
>>
>>38240866
Sooooo...basically your job as a 35F is to read report and TLDR if into PowerPoints? Or am I way off the mark?
>>
>>38240886
Bonus pay, civy clothes, no army bs, get to play pretend and travel.
>>
File: Sky_Hertz.png (73 KB, 200x146)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>38240924
Bilingual Quebec is the most powerful state in Canada.
>>
>>38240931
oversimplifying it ya

Read past threads if you wanna know more.
>>
>>38240913
>mention multiple American programs and units
>mention an MOS
>réééééééééé vaillance volée
>>
>>38240914
I suppose that sounds alright. Different career ambitions for everyone I guess.
>>
>>38240937
I can't actually argue against that and most of Canada hates quebec if im not mistaken and i hate most of canada so I'll stand with you there I guess.
>>
>>38240951
Yeah, it appeals to me because I'm young and single, but I could totally see why most others wouldn't be too interested.
>>
>>38240937
Yeah, they can surrender in 2 languages now
>>
File: 00136328.0002.gif (66 KB, 150x150)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
>>38240949
i could've posted an image of flood response or whatever, but have a cute meme robot responding to a little bird

This has nothing to do with MOS or external agency or location; just pure nationalism. And it's not like it's something I have to do or not do, either; if it were up to them, I'd have said nothing at all.

I think the US and Canada should stay friends, but internal Canadian problems stemming from culture are not the domain of Americans, nor do Americans have the necessary cultural knowledge or experience to have an informed point. Please Fuck Off For Now
>>
>>38240931
There's more, definitely more than I actually know because it also varies place to place, but you're not way off the mark.
The general job is to enable shit to happen. They make stuff actionable, readable, and disseminate it so people can use it. It's like having the nerd who's into HAM radio get all giddy and share his findings, and his buddy puts it all into layman's terms so people actually know wth HAM nerd is saying.
>>
>>38241008
>the general job is to enable shit to happen.
i can guarantee that at all junior levels this is not your job, and those things that shall happen are already enabled.
Your job will be to provide your juniors with the info and gear to fulfill that destiny that has been preordained
>>
>>38241008
So does that F's spend way more time around field grades than, say, an N?
>>
>>38241044
Because WarrantManF has like 600 more hp than WarrantManN.

Just hope you never meet WarrantManZZ. You'll never get paid again.
>>
>>38241008
Sounds like all I need to know to decide it doesn't interest me. Thank you though.
>>
Is it true that AF maintainers work 80+ hour weeks? Fixing planes sounds cool but Jesus that seems like a grind to be turning wrenches for that long.
>>
>>38240993
wars have been started for less
>>
>>38241167
>invade Canada
>present surrender documents in French
>invade Quebec and New Brunswick
>present surrender documents in English
d e v i l i s h
>>
File: ryderintelligent.png (161 KB, 422x357)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>38241211
>present surrender documents in English

>starting WW VIII
>>
>>38241044
Yup

>>38241008
over simplifying it

>>38241030
at junior levels your sifting through all the basic intel data or doing security clearances

But every intel area does that. 35M arent being sent out as translators or interviewing people at below E5. 35N/P arent doing voice intercept shit at below E4. All the junior dudes are sitting at a desk going through their respective shit piles.

>>38241104
That anon isnt a 35F, and he over simplified how it really works, but you do you buddy, no one is forcing you into a job. Just make sure you do your research and choose the right job for you.

>350F
>>
>>38241226
>(((freedom fighters))) declared terrorist group
>Britain joins the US to give the royal marines some practice
>France makes a weak attempt for police action in the UN
>Putin laughs
>Xi raughs
>>
>>38241324
>All the junior dudes are sitting at a desk going through their respective shit piles.
exactly, you promulagate reports

but it's not so bad, i'm a cf navcomm and most my job is just distributing messages

>>38241342
EVERY
BLADE
OF
GRASS

just you wait until an arleigh burke gets sunk by mines and chemicals and gas and bombs instead of an LCS just dying under its own progeria
>>
>>38241324
I typo'd "does that mean" but you obviously got that. Is being around higher officers generally a good or bad thing for intel joe? Would like a 35f specialist have more chances for schools/promotion than an N because he briefs the staff every day, or would he be kept on a short leash because he has to brief the staff every day?
>>
>>38241371
>1 in 3 blades of grass, at best
ftfy
>>
>>38241386
>Is being around higher officers generally a good or bad thing
Contact with higher officers is always good. Even if you're a shitter, at least you're a shitter with personality who he knows from the office and can prove their training with QSPs and course reports instead of being a shitter who's just a collection of needless bits of random data from people the officer has never even met.

But it's a bit of a double-edged sword -- officers that know you know that you're not perfect, and are actually quite unreliable, are not trained to standard, and are rife with failings, even for those things you can do.

Much like any other job, navigating the military is mostly about proving worth to specific people as you go.

>>38241415
Gun ownership in Quebec is actually pretty high and isn't only higher in the cities out of tedium. Most people I run into in a day who don't have guns are not anti-gun. I only don't have guns because it's tedious. But even then, it's easier and cheaper to get a gun than it is to get a car here.
>>
>>38241371
As the general job ya. More specialized roles do security inspections, access control stuff, etc. Or do a job where you essentially relay info out to dudes in the field. An example for that last part, we were at a forward area with no network access, so I had to relay info real time from our support team who were busy doing all their shit, to our sf team commander coordinating what they were doing, and the local unit/s in the area to coordinate maneuvers. That was one of my duties as an E6 35F in group. The one who oversaw all of us intel dudes was always an intel officer who remained on base somewhere at the main headquarters there where I would constantly be updating with shit that was going on ground and coordinating with them as well. Its a very complicated structure to be honest.

I would say its good in that it makes you immune to the whole fear of working around or with higher ups thing most guys get. It is also beneficial because if you get in their good graces you can use them as references for applying for shit. 35F already has an absurd amount of open slots for schools and shit because most people just cruise on the job as a basic fox working at a BN S2 or some shit. They dont wanna leave a comfy job. For example, AIT at huachuca, when the rasp recruiters start holding tryouts, its always 30 35M, and maybe 3 35F guys trying out. For the most part, all the high speed 35N try and get into SOTA, but its also a comfy job for most guys who just wanna do NSA office their whole career and switch over, so they dont bother advancing.
>>
>>38241525
cont
I forgot to link second part is for >>38241386
>>
>>38241537
Thanks intel daddy. I'm the one trying to do russian ACASP, so I'll be back in two weeks with how that turned out.
>>
>>38240915
> thinking bourne was a 35 series and not an 18 series
cmon bro. let's at least be realistic with our CIA assassin movies
>>
>>38241574
Study up man, you should be good to go on the dlpt.

>>38241591
lmao at least hes not like renners bourne where he was some E3 19D or some shit.
>>
>>38241591
>implying there aren't classified CMF's
Bourne was a 69A Operational Operations Officer
>>
Question regarding medical history...

In the past I have have had two surgeries. First was my appendix removed when I was 10 and the second was for a thumb surgery for a torn tendon back a few years ago.

I don't expect the appendix disclosure to be an issue but the thumb might be. Surgery went fine, went through physical therapy and have full range of motion. Outside of a little bit of aching when it gets cold outside, it's completely back to normal. I do powerlifting as a hobby and have over a 500lb deadlift and no issues with my grip or pain.

Looking to go officer and wonder if this would affect getting a security clearance if discovered in MEPS or at some point in the future.
>>
>>38241610
Yeah I know everything that shows up in flash card sets I'm finding online, but I guess on some level I'm just regretting not actually getting fluent when I was younger. I remember my mom was always pushing me to read like Gogol and Bulgakov and I never did because I thought "oh man what will russian ever do for me." She got the last laugh I suppose, because now I'll be cramming for a few days to sound like a retarded russian grade schooler on Monday.
>>
>>38241623
Ah I see that's what those ex-Delta guys have on their DD214s.
>>
File: ....!.png (34 KB, 803x688)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>38241525
>access control stuff,
OSes/PTEs can do that

> relay info out to dudes in the field.
again, OS/PTE job right there

>no network access,
why didnt you have at least a 3g-enabled laptop

>so I had to relay info real time from our support team who were busy doing all their shit, to our sf team commander
not only is that the lowest level shit but i already know that "SF" is meaningless in the US since you have fresh recruits in the green berets and shit anyway, but even if not, relaying tactical signals and messages is something expected of very fresh people here

>my duties as an E6
doubt it

>The one who oversaw all of us intel dudes was always an intel officer who remained on base somewhere at the main headquarters
none of this is unusual except for small exercises and even then the difference is only slight

>Its a very complicated structure to be honest.
sorry about your brain problems if reporting directly to one dude and having one different dude beneath you is too much

even as just *an* int o you'd have an ncm beneath you and as *the* int o you'd have another officer beneath you so sorry about your illiteracy precluding you from sending emails or handing paper messages off to the correct person at least once every five times

>>38241641
literally no one cares unless it prevents you from working in some way. the only exception is if it's a dick problem and your specific future boss is a girl who wants your dick (which is unlikely(u uggo gay fag))
>>
>>38241655
Try reading a high school level book in russian. For listening, find a news report in russian with a transcription attached to it, then dont look at the screen, listen to the report and write down what you hear in 2 rounds. Then compare it to what the transcription said. For speaking, just find a pen pal or go to an old folks home or church where you can find an older person to speak with and ask them if your speaking skills are good or not or if youre not speaking formal enough or what not.

When I was learning korean, I practiced my speaking by doing the church thing and speaking with the priest for a few minutes. That really improved my speaking skills.
>>
>>38241661
That's what they want you to think, all delta guys actually ets as cooks or 88m's with 3 years in. That way if one of them breaks their oath of secrecy, no one will take them seriously. Think about it this way, have you ever heard a cook or driver say he was delta and taken him seriously? I thought not.
>>
>>38241683
I live with my parents, so I just talk to my mom in Russian as much as possible. My speaking skills are good enough that just talking more won't really help, I need to study the grammar and learn to conjugate verbs properly and whatnot. But my DLPT is on monday so :^)
>>
>>38241683
>Try reading a high school level book in russian.
im the angery canuck and i have a book on learning russian. shits hard

i recommend finding a russian person to shitpost irl with. russian is weird and would benefit more from immersion than western/romance languages or anime languages. btw cheeki breeki and that other ""russian"" meme phrase are not actually valid russian and are literally such incompetent language that they are actually meaningless by way of being gibberish

i think the other phrase is "cyka blyat" that's just such bad russian it doesnt mean anything
>>
File: irs audit.jpg (113 KB, 600x666)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>38241694
what kind of cooking is this?
>>
>>38241721
>muh le sf tee hee look at this photo from CNN of him in le loafers!!!

Ur Not Gonna Make It
>>
>>38241721
>cooking
It looks raw, under cooked and absolutely shocking. Quite frankly it's an embarrassment, and you should be ashamed of yourself. I mean honestly, I wouldn't even serve it to my dog. It's garbage, it's trash. It's fucking abysmal. Is that really the best you can do? Is that the kind of quality you're aiming for? Really? I don't know why you even post here. Why do you even bother. You might as well give up. Though based on this monstrosity, you've already given up, haven't you? What is it, are you depressed? Are you done? Just look at the pepperoni, it's not even cooked. The raw fucking onions. They're not even sliced properly. I mean come on, you know this. You know this isn't good. Yet here you are, posting this shit again. Have you even looked at the crust? Or the cheese? I mean, what is that? They're snow fucking white. The dough has barely been cooked. Did you even put it in the oven? Did you forget to turn it on? It's just sad. This isn't a fucking pizza, it's a travesty. An absolute shambles. I don't know what else to say. It's just not good enough. Throw it in the fucking bin, and just stop. You can't cook. You're useless. Utterly useless.
>>
>>38241734
what am I reading
>>
File: cookind.jpg (26 KB, 271x226)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>38241721
>>
>>38241721
The books, if the filename is accurate. But really I just think he was making sure no one would get hungry while fulfilling diplomatic missions.
>>
>>38241719
For the DLPT test they dont want modern or slang stuff, they want all formal type of speaking and writing.

>>38241715
Nah youre fine man, just look up news reports and formal speeches and replicate how they talk. Thats the best description I can give. Luckily for korean, formal speech is just saying all the words in full length instead of short handing them like in normal everyday use.
>>
>>38241756
what im saying is that russian is really hard
>>
>>38241664
I was just explaining it as plain as I possibly could. No need to get all defensive. Its cool that your branch can handle shit at lower ranks, just means you guys are more professional amirite? Good on you for being in such a great branch.
>>
>>38241764
Russian is really hard for non-native speakers. I know how the grammar works pretty intuitively when I read it, but not 100% accurately.
>>38241756
Thanks dude, here's hoping
>>
>>38241721
Interesting fact: Vining was technically a 55D (old EOD) while in Delta. His MOS didn't change until the late 80s or something. I looked into it and apparently guys that made it through the OTC didn't technically re-class so they just kept their old MOS. So somewhere out there, there's probably been a chaplain assistant kicking down doors on night raids.
>>
>>38241802
Somewhere, a chaplain assistant is sitting around a campfire with a bunch of turbo POGs and telling that story.
>>
>>38241802
I've read hear and elsewhere about guys with CIBs and various tabs getting out, finding themselves, and coming back in as chaplains, so the opposite situation but there probably are a few country pastors that were operators.
>>
navy recruiter told my friend he could be a DJ for the ships, does anyone know about the AIT or details? friend signed up already and is waiting for MEPS
>>
>>38241787
>your branch
Your "branch" is inferior to The CF because you don't have one. you've not even completed basic, and are just parroting things you heard from your dad's friends
>>
>>38241525
>an intel officer who remained on base somewhere at the main headquarters
Which main headquarters?
>>
>>38241883
Sure thing buddy. Go to your local brothel and relax friend. They probably have good cheese curds with gravy on top for you to snack on.
>>
>>38241913
>>38241386
>>38241664
>>38241883
Ummm sweeaty we're talking about The Pentagon. :) Stop commenting. :)
>>
>>38241928
this. dont fuck with us. we are the united states military. oorah bitch. we'll kill you.
>>
>>38241928
I'll take this b8
>what is an s2 shop
>>
>>38241948
Lol fool. :) See if you get to post that :) Tomorrow :)
>>
>CANADIANS post in the thread
>thread instantly goes to shit
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
coincidence? i think
not
>>
Thread may last a bit longer, but here's a new one
>>38242273
>>
>>38241844
hmmm

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.