[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is the German army the worst of all NATO members?
>>
>>38236719
Imho out of all the euro armies that we (burgers) make fun of the krauts are the only ones that actually deserve it. Mind you, there are other euro armies that are worse than the Bundeswehr (sp?). But the Germans actually have the resources and the money it fix their problems and it just seems like refuse to.
>>
>>38237065

Fuck refuse to; they seem like they actively encourage them. Look at the G36 shitshow. They practically had to go out of their way to not fix that.
>>
>>38236719
Who was these fucks from QRF that didnt response to the other soldiers in distress? Does someone remembers something like this? Also broomsticks
>>
Canada doesn't even have a military, but they're allowed to be in NATO.
>>
File: 1527737967193.jpg (98 KB, 300x379)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>38237128
No arguments there buddy.
>tfw
>>
>>38236719
They're underfundet, but in my opinion there's no evidence that they should somehow be bad otherwise. A lot of the banter comes down to memes like broomsticks or the clickbair headline about only having 4 ready Eurofighters (which wasn't exactly true, but 4channers tend to not read any further than the headline).
Anywas they ARE having problems with funding and maintaning. But it is being over-blown on /k/

>>38237089
You should read up on the G36 shitshow. There was some contraversy on the results that was hard to replicate. Other forces running G36s have not experienced problems. I've heard some people here claim that it was due to the German army going cheap on some materials, which resulted in the problems they had, but no-one else had.
>>
>>38237187

That's my point. The German army pretty much went out of their way to make it a shitshow. Either they had a special run of garbage G36s made for them out of spec with literally everyone elses or they do something after the fact that ruins the rifle. I'm not blaming HK, I'm blaming the der Bundeswehr.

They've got the money, they've got the manufacturing, they've got the logistics and yet somehow they're always a laughing stock.
>>
>>38237168
I legitimately busted out laughing.
>>
>>38236719
nah, that's Turkey

oh wait...
>>
>>38236719

The g36 was as much of a fail as the FAMAS and INSAS.
>>
>>38237218
its less the German army themselves, but the holier-than-thou attitude of the government, which royally bumfucked it in the last 28 years.
and now suddenly, because its needed more than ever its getting bumfucked by the media and everyone at the same time.
>>
>>38237806
This, I was stationed in mazar e sharif and the German soldiers their were awesome

also the women in their army are legit 8/10 at a minimum
>>
>>38237187
>>38237218
>>38237806

I remember reading reports a few years ago about US officials stating that the Bundeswehr turned out to be the most unreliable ally in Afghanistan. They need help at basically everything, and there's more than a few incidents with excessive alcohol abuse.
>>
>>38237843
>also the women in their army are legit 8/10 at a minimum

I'm German and neither did i ever hear someone say this about our women nor does my personal lifelong experience match your description, wtf
>>
>>38237843
>>38237850
getting really conflicted signals here
>>
>>38237871
Keep in mind Maz is like the quietest post in Afghanistan and hadn't seen actual combat since Special Forces and Northern Alliance drove the Talban out
>>
File: 1507108854455.jpg (3.09 MB, 5184x3456)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>38237843
>>
>>38237218
>blaming the der Bundeswehr.
>the der

Mein Gott
>>
They sold a whole fuckton of their equipment to Turkey and Greece, they went from over 2,000 Leo IIs to less than 500.They have the 4th largest air force of the EU despite having the largest economy, and they continued to actively downsize for more than a decade. Most of their deployed forces in the mid-east deployed with the UK and the US and relied on their support for their protection zones, even though they were the 3rd largest force there in Afghan and Iraq (in number of deployed personnel by country US 1st, UK 2nd, Germany 3rd).
>>
>>38239532
Also not to mention they have no nuclear deterrence of their own and not a permanent security council member on the UN like the UK and France.
>>
File: 1514022651836.jpg (6 KB, 302x319)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>38237843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWhKV7MzPrU#t=189
>>
File: ef7.jpg (28 KB, 500x370)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>38236719
>>
>>38237858
>wtf
anyone not morbidly obese is a minimum 7 in the USA. We're literally fucking disgusting honestly. 12% of "women" are nigger, 40% spic so we're already trimmed the pussy pool to half before we even weed out 1/3 for being tubs of lard. keep in mind it's not even 1/3 fat, it's 1/3 obese. only like 10% of women are date able desu.

Looks like euros are gaining quick on us though!
>>
File: MP7 german.jpg (88 KB, 630x1000)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>38236719
>>
>>38236719
Nope, that's the (((english))) army
>>
File: IMG_0102.jpg (88 KB, 795x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>38237218
>The der
>>
>>38237187
Wasn't the "controversy" surrounding the G36 basically that it melts (after you run a dozen 30-round magazines through it in rapid succession)?
>>
>>38236719
The German military is bad because the government actively wills it to be bad for some reason.
>>
>>38239763
man, I didnt't know they still had to use the volkssturm, tragic
>>
>>38239763
That would be some shit to get handed an mp7 and be expected to defend an area in a firefight. it would sure come in handy for all the armor the arabs would be wearing
>>
>>38239403
the gear she is wearing has been obsolete for a decade at least anon, I don't think that lbe has even been used in training for a decade
>>
>>38239403
Fukn LARP
>>
>>38239763
look at that drop holster, Yeehaw cowboy!
>>
File: g3nvg.jpg (2.52 MB, 2600x1715)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
>>
File: mygoddamnsides.png (324 KB, 1496x1136)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>38237187
>A lot of the banter comes down to memes like broomsticks or the clickbair headline about only having 4 ready Eurofighters (which wasn't exactly true, but 4channers tend to not read any further than the headline).

Shut the fuck up you onions apologist

>Due to a technical problem with the defense system of the combat aircraft only 10 of the Luftwaffe's 128 Eurofighters are mission ready, according to the report.

>The wing pod issue is only one problem facing the Luftwaffe. Der Spiegel reported that there are only enough missiles to make only four Eurofigher jets ready for combat.

http://www.dw.com/en/only-4-of-germanys-128-eurofighter-jets-combat-ready-report/a-43611873

DEUTSCHLAND STRONK!
>>
File: PTR 91 GI R Wood.jpg (1.45 MB, 3072x2304)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>38242450
They sold and gave away a whole fuckton of those to Turkey and Greece as well and swapped it out for the G36 disaster. At least they have the HK417s and HK416s in service now.
>>
File: G3 Iraq.jpg (957 KB, 3189x2126)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>38242715
>>
File: PTR 91 wood furniture.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>38242780
It's out of official service other than being stored in military bases awaiting to be shipped out to other countries, use by advisers and for training and some special forces use. They gave so many away that tens of thousands of HK receivers even ended up here in the states with the fun switch removed.
>>
>>38236719
No, but only because the Turkroaches exist.
>>
The sweeds they just roll over and let the enemy fuck them in the ass until there two weak to fight. Then when there sleepy they cuddle them and try an make them see that fighting is wrong.
>>
>>38237684
The only gun that was a 'failure' on that list is the INSAS.

>>38237089
The MOD tried to say the G36 was bad AFTER forcing HK to cut every cost they possibly good to justify cutting the contract. HK sued the MOD and won, because they lied out of their assholes.
>>
>>38237125
I think I remember what you’re taking about. Some inf unit was under fire and requested aid from a passing flight of attack helos (I think French or Dutch) and the helos outright refused. Some anon here oughta have the greentext.
>>
File: 1443632017406.jpg (7 KB, 180x210)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>38237684
>FAMAS
>failure
I... I don't understand anon the FAMAS was widely liked by all those that used it and served the french army very well. They stopped producing it because the factories had no more parts
>>
>>38236719
they're prepping for a civil war. NATO and its imaginary enemies are a waste of money.
>>
Related to the recent news of fighters and subs I think I read that they also lack something like 12k tents and stoves
>>
>>38236719
The fighters are not combat ready
The tanks are in bad shape
The logistics are fucked (the only planes still flying are the Transalls, which are old and not even all of them can fly
They dont have enough rations for even doing maneuvers

And they remove everything with german tradition such as marching songs because muh Wehrmacht and modern army.

Fuck the Bund.
>>
From my personal experience the german military is quite two faced.
The units which actually go on deployments in Mali or Afghanistan for example generally get the best equipment available (At least nowadays, quite a few improvements had to be made in the past) and don't have too much to complain about, at least while they're away.
The rest however kind of gets the short end of the stick. By now this constitutes a lack of almost everything, from advanced gear like NV equipment to basics like tents and field rations. In the navy squadron I'm in we couldn't even get replacement live vests when the warranty on the ones we had ran out, because the brass of the squadron apparently didn't really build up a reserve and couldn't procure more on short notice; so we had to take the ones from another boat which was inaccessible at the time because of mold and asbestos like particles in the engine room.
The military simply was neglected for the last 20 to 30 years, and to fix the mistakes of decades of mismanagement is going to take some time.
>>
>>38243053
>and to fix the mistakes of decades of mismanagement is going to take some time

And a shitload of money that the government probably isn't willing to spend.

Shit's sad, bro.
>>
>>38243161
True that.
It also doesn't help that the procurement office in Koblenz seems to be an IRL version of The Pentagon Wars; only without a Lt. Col. Burton.
>>
>>38239711
>wahmen
>>
>>38243175
Also don’t forget that procurement office has around one tousand unfilled vacancies.
>>
>>38236719
Germany doesn't have an Army, the Bundeswehr is a defense force
>>
File: 2-format11.jpg (14 KB, 600x337)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
It doesnt help that the german minister of defence is this ugly pos since 2013
>>
>>38236719
>Is the German army the worst of all NATO members?

Not the worst, but certainly the biggest under achiever.

Germany's "Goal" for 2022 is to have a force of 5000 soldiers that it can deploy anywhere in the world.

>>
>>38237858
Depends on where you go tovarish,
I'm in a HQ and see plenty of hotties in Office Jobs.
>>
>>38236719
yeah, their government is beyond retarded
>>
>>38237858
I mean, having only been to Bavaria as an American, I can say this. The note that guy said about anyone of normal weight being attractive is moderately true, but having been across the US and seen other examples from other nations, German women are somehow just legitimately a notch up if they're in good shape. It's astounding walking the streets there and seeing it.

Or just walking the streets there at all because they're clean and there's actual infrastructure to the cities, but hey, that's another issue.
>>
>>38242887

It was the Australian SASR requesting support from dutch apaches. Who refused to go low enough to engage for fear of being shot at. Weak cunts
>>
>>38243923
Well, bavaria is not overrun by turks etc. so you might even have seem german specimen. (a common joke is that bavaria is not part of germany, given their language and culture) Also, bavaria and the general south is the more conservative part of germany, which can be seen that they have invested a lot into museums, the old cities etc. That they are catholic probably also changes quite a bit.
>>
>>38243935
Earnestly, I have such a strange, loving impression of Germany and it's probably almost exclusively because of that. I was so shocked how clean it was, how culturally respective it was, how traditional it was, and yes, how conservative it was once I really spoke to the family I was staying with. Beautiful place, and I shudder to think the rest of the nation isn't like it, because it may be my favorite place I've been in the world and I'm one of the biggest patriots I've known in my life.
>>
>>38243934
It's always the dutch faggots
>>
Bundeswehr certainly is the biggest underachiever in NATO, but lets not forget that NATO was literally created to "keep the Soviet Union out, the Americans in, and the Germans down". The US, UK and France suddenly calling for a massive rearmament of the German armed forces is quite funny in that regard
>>
I'd say the Dutch
>>
>>38244024
Wut

Army is weak, but the Air Force and especially Navy and Marine Corps are still strong. Great AAW frigates, subs, 3 amphibious assualt ships, layered air defense, ground-based and naval BMD, etc
>>
>>38236719

Yes but only because England sends Germ many Billions of Euro's for their armed services and they spend it on immigrants. Thanks merkel.
>>
>>38236719
Yes, so what?
>>
>>38237128
>US Marines kill civies
>nothing happens
>Canadian airborne kills civies
>Whole airborne disbanded
>>
>>38243990
The helicopters are more worth to us than our allies' lives. If they get damaged they will have to wait forever to get them repaired again.
>>
>>38236719
>German
No such thing
>>
>>38244109
this is literally the least fun and by far worst meme i've ever witnessed developing on fortune, and i've been here for 13 years now

the definition of cancer
>>
>>38244096
Nah, you're just pussies in general. Despite being the tallest people in Europe you're still the most effeminate men in the continent. Sorry, Robben.
>>
>>38240024
Something along those lines. The rifle was claimed to warp even in the afternoon sun, shifting the sights in the process, and getting worse with being shot.

HK grabbed 10 rifles from the Bundeswehr's arsenal and shot-tested them. 300 rounds over 30 minutes, both semi and full auto. All but one of them stayed within the regulation values for accuracy after that, and the odd one out was only an inch or so above.

Like any plastic rifle, the G36 absolutely will melt with sufficient sustained fire. There's a video on YT in which HK engineers shoot 9 Beta-C mags through one rifle back o back, and the handguard melts and burns away. No stoppages or explosions though.
>>
>>38244136
make that the cat wise
>>
>>38244109
Just nuke us already. We deserve it for mutting the whole of Europe.
>>
>>38237125
Still think that's better than the Italians just paying off the local Taliban so the Italians could "hold" the area
>>
>>38240841
lol do you actually get the IDF gear nowadays? i left 4years ago and even as FschJg you only got the basic Koppeltragegestell if you didnt buy a real carrier yourself or stole from the EGB,
>>
>>38242450
>>The wing pod issue is only one problem facing the Luftwaffe. Der Spiegel reported that there are only enough missiles to make only four Eurofigher jets ready for combat.
Merkel needs the money to import another million muslims
>>
>>38242851
>The sweeds they just roll over and let the enemy fuck them in the ass until there two weak to fight. Then when there sleepy they cuddle them and try an make them see that fighting is wrong.

Like canada's Trudie?
>>
>>38244040
>England sends Germ many Billions of Euro's for their armed services
what the fuck are you talking about
source massively needed
>>
>>38244173
Unironically France/Belgium/UK/Netherlands are far worse than you. You used to be alright but because Merkel said some shit to a palestinian girl and it generated a shitstorm your country then decided to go full stupid and publicly invite the entire third world to go to Germany to gain good boy points.

Even then you reacted somewhat fast, despite letting that dyke cunt win again.
>>
>>38237843
>>38237858
He's a burger.
>>
I mean they are bigger than other smaller EU armies but their country is big yet their army sucks balls, I can see why it might be the worst one when you consider this.
>>
>>38240841

That picture has been kicking around for several years at least
>>
>>38243040
>The tanks are in bad shape

Niggah we dont even have tanks,
Netherlands btw
>>
>>38237843

>also the women in their army are legit 8/10 at a minimum

I call bs on this one, german women are ugly af
>>
>>38239403

is that a twink lol?
>>
>>38237128
>>38237168
Yeah I still can't believe we haven't been kicked off of that yet most like only because of NORAD and our part of the Radar shield were kept in.
I can't believe our PM said one of his goals was to get us back in one of the BIG BOY seats on the UN Security council

>UN:So Canada we need to rotate some men out of Mali you game?
>PM:Perfect we need to get back on the world stage these days.
>UN:OK get a battalion of say 600 men and gear ready and get back to us.
>PM:Here you go UN a 200 strong Rapid Elite Response Force of trainers transport medical and support staff
>UN:........You know what fuck it at least you have Chinooks still right.

>>38244070
Yeah one the fucking the worst blunders we ever had oh 4 people were involved in the death of a malnutrition nig nog sneaking into camp at night who somehow died later of GSW he got while sneaking in.

>Ok mofos turn the whole entire Airborne Regiment out and find something
>Got it here's a hazing video of some redneck fuckers from the prairies drinking beer being racist and being fucking white as fuck
>Fucking Perfect
>Also they may have a possible ties to the Hell's Angels MC
>SLAM DUNK GET THE PRESS NOW.
>>
File: ministers.jpg (102 KB, 600x1082)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>38243322
Doesn't help that most of the EU have soccer moms as their MOD's
>>
>>38244070
The airborne had an alarming amount of white supremacists, Hell's Angels, and other toons that went unchecked.

>1 of the 4 people who tortured the skinny was Native
>when questioned about it he said he enjoyed it and made him feel powerful so kept doing it
>media still spews that it was all whites who did it
>>
>>38244505
>soccer moms

you have to have children to be a mom, only one of these spergs even takes the cum
>>
File: 1049576045.jpg (2.1 MB, 5314x3573)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>38243322
>>38244505
how old are you?
you fucking retards believe that what matters is how grumpy you look?
sure that helps when your budget and technology is completely lacking like with that Iranian guy...
and the German minister does her job well, it's the other ministers (the ministry of finance mainly) that denies her the resources she asks for...
http://www.dw.com/en/german-defense-minister-von-der-leyen-wants-12-billion-more-for-bundeswehr/a-43581186
>>
>>38244587
>She does her job well
The absolute state of germanshills
>>
>>38244596
you probably didn't even skip over that article I linked
go on and spout your memes if it makes you happy, just be aware you're a fucking retard
>>
>>38236719
And I thought the Swedish Armed Forces was bad even though they're not a part of NATO.
>>
>>38243322

That's strange. I can think of some worthwhile words for her, but ugly? Not every female can be 17 forever. As mature women goes she is doing fine in the looks department.
>>
>>38243507
What's the timeline?
>>
>>38243507

Considering how likely it is that Trump will be pulling out American soldiers stationed in Germany, it doesn't sound wise for Germany to plan too many foreign excursions any time soon.
>>
>>38244475

And I call bs on you. German women are hot.

So are their boys.
>>
>>38239403
That looks like the shittiest gear setup possible, holy fuck Germany what are you doing
>>
>>38244601
Calm down, roach.
>>
>>38244661
t. Hans Sauerkraut who's never been outside Germanistan
>>
>>38244686
shit you're right, i never noticed anything but her face

worst setup impossible indeed, i hope she's a fucking model and not a real soldier
>>
>>38236719

No. Albania has a terrible army in comparison with Germany and is a NATO member
>>
>>38244298
No. I used it in another place. I also used the Bristol. I would have thought that stuff was long gone now.
>>
File: untitled.png (83 KB, 240x210)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>38239403
the funny part is that's not even the issue holster of the p38
>>
>>38239403
I actually seriously doubt this is a professional soldier. I know this gear and when you use it you adjust it right and stitch or tape the harness, the belt is the wrong size and it looks like it was literally issued and put on a model.
>>
>>38244813
>Aryan women are ugly
Amerimutts live in constant denial.
>>
>>38244899
>referring to german women as "aryan"

i literally lol'd
>>
>>38244271
That never happened. It was french spreading lies to cover their incompetence.
>>
>>38243322
At least she got that rammstein album censored
>>
>>38240841
>>38244447
This. Tineye gives me the oldest as may 2012, but likely older than that.
>>
>>38236719
Turkey.
>>
>>38244567
Making seven children all by herself is the best thing vdL has ever done for germany. (Unless they're becoming libtards now, which is entirely possible.)
>>38244587
We honestly can't tell about all the stuff she does, but acting like free childcare was going to fix the manpower problem of the german army speaks volumes by itself.
>>
>>38239403
Her name is Hauptmann Valeria Diefenbach.
>Captain Valeria Diefenbach joined the German armed forces in 2002. She studied business administration at the Bundeswehr University in Munich and following that she worked as a radio editor based in Koblenz. After her deployment in Afghanistan in 2010, where she was the head of a local radio station for the population of Mazar-e Sharif, she joined the Research and Development Department of the Academy for Information and Communication (AIK) of the German Armed Forces.
>>
>>38244522
They're warriors, who gives a shit.

The worst thing we've done is start expecting our militaries to be some cuddly organization rub by purple hairs in HR.
>>
>>38245449
>local radio station for the population of Mazar-e Sharif

At least the Germs got hearts & minds right. The idiot Polacks brought Hinds to Afghanistan, waking not the best memories for Afghan adults.
>>
>>38245284

The french should only spread legs, not lies. They are good at that.
>>
>>38245479
Germany actually understands the concept of winning hearts & minds, yes. I remember yugo friends of me speaking about how much they loved the Germans as kids, they were the nicest and caring. Giving out toys and shit, or helping the local populance at every opportunity.

Doesn't have much to do with fighting quality and shit, but it's also an important aspect for a modern military.
>>
>>38245449

Thank you. Now I can whisper her name as I shoot my pistol.
>>
File: Ms America.jpg (66 KB, 618x412)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>38237843
You're American, now i understand.
>>
>>38240052
What's up with Germans and sabotaging their own military?
>>
>>38242715
Dumb memer
>>
>>38245399
>We honestly can't tell about all the stuff she does
yes you can if you inform yourself deeper than 4chan clickbait images
>free childcare was going to fix the manpower problem of the german army speaks volumes by itself.
as the article I linked says she's trying to get more resources, and these measures like childcare make the Bundeswehr a more attractive employer and encourage getting children
>>
What kind of people even join the Bundeswehr? Most German troops I talked to barely knew English and knew what I was talking about. Also there's a lot of arabs in their military from what I've seen. Any Germans care to explain this?
>>
>>38245576
It gets you good goy points because military=nazi. Most politicians also think that turning defence spending into gibbs for our new Germans is a better and more worthwhile endeavour.

That's how you get prominent Politicians to insist, even now, that the defense budget isn't lacking and that budget increases aren't necessary.

By now it has turned into:
Cut defense spending for gibbs -> Scandal because of poor maintenance caused by missing spare parts because money isn't there -> Politicians argue that the Bundeswehr is incompetent and it has nothing to do with lacking funds, therefore the Bundeswehr doesn't deserve more money -> budget further decreases in favour of gibbs -> Rinse and repeat
>>
>>38245806
That's actually a problem called "Ossifizierung" in Germany. Since the draft was abolished, the only ones joining are Eastern German white trash. Poor, uneducated, horrible dialect.

The growing number of migrant soldiers has been a well known and logical phenomenon since the 80s, but the large number of Ossis in the Bundeswehr is actually the greater menace.
>>
>>38245806
Here's your average East German recruit.

We should have kept the fucking wall, everyone's saying that today. Annoyed Westerners, unemployed Ossis.
>>
>>38244837
Yeah, but Albania has the excuse of being Albania.
>>
>>38245806
>there's a lot of arabs in their military from what I've seen
That ain't gonna be good. The French tried to integrate the durkas into their army and found they immediately formed cliques and units-within-units themselves, so they booted them out.
>>
>>38244040
What even is this post
>>
>>38236719
German SOF are actually top tier, German army is trash.

Source: several articles about their involvement in Afghanistan, i'm a lazy fuck so look it up yourself.
>>
>>38245806
Nowadays it's primarily 3 types in my experience:

1. Guy who just wants a cheap way of studying thinks like medicine.
2. People that didn't make it in the private sector
3. Ever decreasing amount of guys that still feel proud of Germany and serving as a soldier

Number 3. Is increasingly discouraged by renaming Barracks, banning Cadences, ...

Also talked with a recruiter and he said that Islamist youth is an increasing problem because they see it as an easy way "to learn from the enemy"

The german fag who says that VdL is doing a good job is probably trolling. VdL has only recently called for a significant budget increase in numerous years and in the end the increase was only marginal again. She is a former "family and woman's" minister and it shows - the white paper of the Bundeswehr ist a fucking joke, her priorities are family friendliness instead of war fighting and she does a ton of PR-stunts to make it appear as if she knows what she is doing (see G-36 "scandal").
>>38245908
>>
>>38245921
>1. Guy who just wants a cheap way of studying thinks like medicine.
>2. People that didn't make it in the private sector
>3. Ever decreasing amount of guys that still feel proud of Germany and serving as a soldier

>1. West Germans
>2. East Germans
>3. East Germans

There's your problem right there.
>>
>>38245933
Don't think number 3. is dominated by east Germans but I also don't have statistical data on it for obvious reasons. I know two guys in my former class alone that joined for the sake of being soldiers and serving, but they also sucked at school because they already knew that they wanted to join and didn't care because of it so I guess a mixture of 2&3.

t. West german
>>
>>38244475
>>38244661
Maybe compared to some diabetic goblin, but in my experience German women tend to age quickly, and have an anger that can only be quenched by keeping them busy with kitchen duties.

>T. Kraut
>>
>>38244040
There are people out there who are this retarded
>>
File: 1487626146503.gif (1.73 MB, 295x211)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB GIF
>>38245831
>>38245856
>>38245872
>>38245908
>>38245921
Dear God
>>
>>38245933
Yes, yes. You've already made your point
>>38245856
>>38245872
Basically the entire German population of this board knows that you love to vent here.
>>
>>38245989
>t. Mohamed
>>
>>38244603
Sweden IMO actually does well for it's size memes aside. It's a small country and suffers from hefty amounts of political correctness, but their gear and training is solid and they have a massive arms industry ironically.

Also being a non-NATO country their focus is more on total defence than expeditionary adventures in desert lands
>>
>>38246069
>https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article4368744/Die-Bundeswehr-ist-eine-Unterschichtenarmee.html
>https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Unterschichtenarmee-moeglich-article834066.html

I do, but i'm not making that shit up. I guess you know someone in the Bund, ask them. Ossis are everywhere.
>>
>>38243322
>>38244587
What's the problem with her? Afaik she seems to actually give a shit about the German military and the state of it's equipment.
>>
>>38246093
she's a woman. that's it.

if you look at >>38245921, people who actually care about facts and are able to process information past headlines, she's not that bad at all.
>>
>>38246081
One can actually respect Sweden, they do the right thing by not being part of an imperialist pig org but then they fuck it all with politics and a retarded humanitarian view of the world.
Scandis, do you actually feel morally obligated to help 3rd worlders, do you do it for pr stunts or do you have some white guilt inflicted on you despite having no reason at all to feel such way
>>
>>38246081
Actually, it seems we're suffering problems with our AK5s as they are breaking down more than we expected. Many people are leaving the military after basics and we have a recruitment issue for both the military and the police.

How unusual is it that military personnel are forced to find a 2nd or even a 3rd job to sustain their lives in the military? We still have soldiers deployed in Mali and Afghanistan if I recall it correctly.
>>
>>38246104
>she's not that bad at all.
>Guy says she's shit
You got me confused there, cunt.
>>
>>38244587

>women doing a good job at playing war

Lmao, what a fuckin dweeb. Imagine being this low T.

Inb4 somethin somethin incel
>>
>>38242928
>no more parts
>factory

HMMMMMMM
>>
>>38246104
Not sure what your point is. I despise VdL, not because she is a woman but because she reinforces the soccer mom mentality in the Bundeswehr. She isn't to blame for all of the issues in the Bundeswehr but she still did a shit job at increasing the warfighting capability of the Bundeswehr. She rather spends her time worrying about family leave and daycare so the MoD is the wrong ministry for her.

Unless of course you meant to address me with "people that don't read past headlines" in which case I could only respond with I actually do and even go to the trouble of reading the white paper when it's released. I still don't like her and think that she builds a fatal image for the Bundeswehr.
>>
>>38246138

A girl I know in Sweden says most of the gay pozzed politics and muh poor refugees shit is urbanite/metropolitan bullshit. Most of the country, normal folks in rural communities and shit, all despise that trash, but the government is some female powerplay bullshit that pushes the limpdick politically correct shit on everyone. She did her national service and said most of the young men her age (18-19) in the military were all fucking sick of the state of their country.

That gave me some hope for Sweden.
>>
>>38246138

Sweden has been socialist as fuck the last few decades. That is changing rapidly now. The next election might actually see a right wing coalition in government, which would be pretty much a first in Sweden.

Both Denmark and Norway has already seen that swing. Right wingers are in govt now and the socialists in both country are doing abysmically on the ratings. The same socialists are now proposing radical changes but it's stuff the right wingers have been toting for a decade.

Good times.
>>
>>38237218
Protip: Just because an assault rifle has fully automatic capability, doesn't mean it should be treated as a light machine gun or a squad automatic weapon. The whole controversy of the G36 melting was because of the testers were treating it like an SAW. The results made by HK and other militaries with their export variant found no issues other than a decrease of accuracy from the barrel getting overheated
>>
A lot of problems with VdL were
>MoD was usually a dead.end
>she went full ape shit with big projects neglecting all the basig equiptment
>tried to profilate herself.with the G36 scandal, which was the MoDs fault
>chimped out at the military leadership in the Bundeswehr, by implying that they are doing a shit job
Now she's in deep shit, because she had 4 years to at least try to reverse the problems.
Instead she made it worse and really got on the bad side with everyone in the military.
>>
>>38246145
if this was the 15th-17th centiry it would be normal to have a 2nd or 3rd job
>>
>>38245989
Married to a kraut. This is true except mine is aging decently. Sex is blase. Kind of like putting my penis inside an angry walking guilt trip.
>>
>>38246703
My friends within the Swedish military can't sustain their living without a second job right now. They're thinking about leaving for the private sector or something else and they've only been around for 2-3 years.
>>
>>38237089
g36 was and is fine retard
>>
>>38246877
Wow that must suck. Dont know how the private sector is in sweden but it would most likely be better than that
>>
>>38236719
Hate to say it, but no. There's some real trash kicking about NATO. I never want to work with the Turks again.
>>
>>38244587
Inb4, FeldKiTa's
>>
File: Dingo.jpg (1.13 MB, 3640x2380)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
GERMANY STRONK

turkey worst NATO member
>>
>>38246955
>GERMANY STRONK

They might not be the worst NATO army, but they're definitely not strong
>>
>>38245284
That ambushed happened after the French took over possession from the Italians. They believed that the area was more secure and didn't expect such a coordinated ambush.

Why would they believe that? Probably from turn-over reports from the prior unit, right?
>>
>>38246923
Story time?
>>
>>38237858
t. non German gibsnigger
>>
>>38246992
The italians were bribing the taliban to not attack, they did not tell the French so the French got a surprise when the taliban got angry the money stopped.
>>
>>38247031
kek, so much butthurt

that was a heavy hit for you Fritz, wasn't it
>>
>>38244173
t. falseflagger
>>
>>38246215
>Most of the country, normal folks in rural communities and shit
85 % of Swedens population lives in urban areas and cities. What bizarro world do you live in when 15 % is what defines "normal"? The Scandinavian societies have genuinely been very socialist since at least WW1, and it is really only since the end of the cold war that this has changed significantly. The major difference as far as I percieve it is that the "socialist communal spirit" only extended to the locals, and perhaps some foreign humanitarian expedition. Once those foreigners came to Scandinavia, then the question of who exactly was to be part of this caring community arose. In addition, since the end of the cold war the children have been born in a country where both their parents, and perhaps grandparents have lived very comfortably. This results both in the hippie snowflake "fuck me Achmed" types of people, but also in some very individualistic "give me success, then fuck the others" kinds of people. Both of which are quite different from the more gentle communal form of "spirit" that existed before. Also, these cuntries are democracies, and the "gay pozzed politics" do legitimately get the support of most people, even though this is changing. Just because you disagree doesn't mean the rest of the country does. Unless of curse you want to say that 1 right wing life is worth the life of 2 left wingers, or whatever the ratio of votes was in the last election.
>>
>>38246923
I agree. Fuck turkey
>>
>>38244505
>Defense Minister of Russia
Some mongol mutt
>Defense minister of Iran
sand nigger
>Defense minister of China
looks like a drycleaners owner

so scary!
>>
>>38247119
You got me. I will leave Germany now.
>>
>>38244813
Have been to Poland, Wroclaw, Gdansk and Warsaw and can confirm that German ones do look better imo.
>>
>>38244415

>Unironically France/Belgium/UK/Netherlands are far worse than you.

Not in any metric related to that subject.
>>
>>38239403
>officer
>female
i'd rather be a Marine and fuck a trap
>>
>>38247169
Appearance has nothing to do with competence, spastic.
>>
>>38247227
ok retard
>>
>>38244459
You have more than 4 serviceable fighter jets.
>>
>>38246923
story time pls
>>
>>38247146

Im talking about smaller populated areas, not huge metros. I suppose "rural" was a bad choice of words. A better example would be the metropolitan faggotry of a few cities fucking up the entire locale, kinda like how California is ran by all the urban faggots in a few huge cities.
>>
File: 1527596368590m.jpg (82 KB, 1024x893)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>38237218
>an army going out of their way to make something a shitshow

Ach, Anon...
>>
File: 1525471547174m.jpg (115 KB, 819x1024)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>38237806

Pmt, the Germans have a cuqued govt and the govt appoints the officers and the people in charge. So what so you think is going to happen? Bundeswehr used to be bretty good in the 80s and 90s. Now it's just run by women and cuqs.
>>
Albanians and Romanians, in my experience, are the absolute worst in terms of servicemen I've met.

Romanians sent some retards that were theoretically recon, in reality they were unable to observe basic safety rules at the range, follow instructions. They were able to wave their shitty Romanian AKs around with live ammo, shoot entire mags in whatever position they liked (despite orders to do 10 rounds standing/prone etc) - and managed to jam their said shitty AKs.

Albanians, meanwhile, were part of the OPFOR some years back. What these fuckers did, despite having MILES on and all, was walk up to our position, physically push aside our MG, walk into our line and then start smoking and lighting a bonfire. Took calling their superiors to get them to fuck. This was in the middle of a large, multinational field exercise. I suspect they only came to steal some Mercedes-Benzs on the way back home.
>>
>>38247256
That's the whole point of that pic, that they "appear" more threatening

way to move the goalpost
>>
>>38248452
>Took calling their superiors to get them to fuck.

NATO - where dominant members are forcing you to fuck your teammates around a bonfire.

Y'all deserve each other. Just saying.
>>
>>38248582
Once I realized my misspelling, I thought to myself "Can this possibly backfire? Oh, pish posh.".
>>
>>38242851
Well, Sweden isnt in Nato so wgmhats your point?
>>
>>38242950
t. Vladislav Tovarich
>>
>>38239711
12:08 - Nice.
>>
>>38242859
HK won suit because they proved that Germany didn't list in the contract a requirement for rifles that didn't melt after two magazines in greater than 85 degree weather you dumb cunt. stop fanboying
>>
>>38240024
>>38244159
no it was two magazines and it didn't shift the sights it deformed the barrel seating reducing it to near zero accuracy(2+ meters off target) past 200 meters
>>
>>38237843
German women aren't attractive. What everyone thinks are hot Germans are usually Danes, Swiss or Austrian
>>
>>38250769
You're retarded if you actually believe that
>>
>>38250742
Not him, but as someone who doesn't fanboy over HK, you're fucking retarded and you should focus on studying for school when it comes in the Fall.
>>
>>38239427

Das ist nicht Gut.
>>
>>38236719
Funded and run by a government that doesn't want them to kill people or appear racist in any way

This is a true leftist military
>>
>>38247256

>This is a true leftist military

Nope, the NVA was a true leftist army. And they didnt have any of this bullshit.
>>
>>38248452
>Albanians, meanwhile, were part of the OPFOR some years back. What these fuckers did, despite having MILES on and all, was walk up to our position, physically push aside our MG, walk into our line and then start smoking and lighting a bonfire. Took calling their superiors to get them to fuck. This was in the middle of a large, multinational field exercise. I suspect they only came to steal some Mercedes-Benzs on the way back home.

this
>>
>>38250742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTbTyFloelc

Next time do some research before showing everyone that you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>38252404
/thread
t.german
>>
>>38245479
>Invade desert shithole
>Treat desert people like shit
>Reee why are they bombing us
>Reee why do they hide informations from us
>Reee why do they warn other towns that we are coming
>>
>>38242780
Desert Flecktarn is best camo
>>
File: leopard paraati.jpg (344 KB, 1368x912)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>38244459
>Netherlands
>muh deep peace, downsizing meme and only sandbox peacekeeping matters
>sell the entire tank fleet of 100 and an option of 20 Leopard 2A6s to Finland practically free
>wild Crimea happens
>fug
>still have to deliver 100 almost free Leopard 2A6s to Finland in 2015
>cancel the additional option of about 20 tanks and form a new tank battalion with the tanks kept
Same happened with Netherlands' CV9030 IFVs and Estonia, who knows what else was given away.
>>
>>38237187
>clickbair headline about only having 4 ready Eurofighters
When I was in the Navy we had to cancel exercises with the Germans bc they didn't have any helos ready to launch from ships.
>>
>>38253224
To be honest, giving free tanks to Finland (and CV90s to Estonia) is among the best options, at least you still get some collective deterrant benefit - unlike, say, giving them to Turkey or something.
>>
>>38253183
You're right we shouldn't have invaded. We should've just bombed them all into non-existence, pissed on their ashes, salted the earth, and erased them from history. Islam is a disease and all infected should burn.
>>
File: IMG_0008.png (1.09 MB, 1242x2208)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>38237218
>the der
>>
File: 1512179844610.jpg (43 KB, 600x448)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>38245479
>Polacks brought Hinds to Afghanistan
BASED
>>
>>38253241
I agree
>>
>>38253034
The complaint was not about the rifle having stoppages, but significant loss of accuracy and loss of zero after sustained fire.
However, the G36 has been in service since 1997. It's somewhat hard to believe that Germany, Spain, Lithuania and so on have not noticed any problems for 15 years until this debacle started.
>>
>>38253389
There isn't a single fucking gun on the planet that doesn't lose accuracy when hot.
>>
>>38252609
Meant for
>>38252404
>>
>>38253034
the fucking rifle is on fire and he just changes the mag and keeps firing, based
>>
>>38236719
WHY HE LOOK LIKE SUCH A FAG
>>
>>38244505
That Polish nutjob has been kicked late 2017 for being obvious LockMart shill.
>>
>>38242928
>>38237684
Not that guy, but the FAMAS is notorious for it's excessively rough action that destroys standard NATO 5.56 brass casings, forcing France to buy steel cased 5.56 from East Euros and China, since nobody in NATO, including France, produces it.
Bottom line is that its a meme gun with wildly inferior design that could cause serious logistical issues for France if a war ever broke out.
>>
I would say most of the European countries are weak and same tier, why? Logistics.

Their average soldier really isn't that bad. Sure you have really patriotic polish, disenfranchised Germans, etc. But none of these countries, barring the uk to only a lesser extent is able to unilaterally project their military forces over a duration and have historically relied heavily upon US logistics trains for life support operations.

And at the end of the day, doesn't matter how bad ass of a shot, or efficient at clearing rooms you are if you die of dehydration in a week.
>>
>>38248208
I'd fuck a bastard inna her in a heartbeat
>>
File: 1459062874765.png (80 KB, 1147x1233)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>38244587
>>38244601
>t.soiboy
>>
File: 1528154559831.jpg (252 KB, 1200x542)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>38253873

tell me of one instance or one war that was lost because the grunts were incompetent. they rarely are, its 90% of the time the leadership or logistics, no, 95% of the time.
>>
>>38246090
Well, you have the choice between ossies or turks.
>>
>>38236719
You mean turkey?
>>
>>38253873
>muh projection

Thats probably because most of them are purely defensive and has no plans to run around and invade sandpeople on a weekly basis.
>>
>>38251054
Bavaria and east germany is part of germany.
>>
>>38253967
Go hate your own people somewhere else
>>
>>38253996
What do you mean?
>>
>>38253849
That was fixed in the G2 version. Anyways they're getting HK416s now, so the logistics point is no more.
>>
>>38253873
You know most nations don't build their defence forces around the ability invade desert countries on the other side of the globe. It's meant for defending against foreign threats.
>>
>>38253996
we might speak the same language, but that doesn't make them "my people". just like austrians and swiss aren't "my people".

I want Germany balkanized again, so the untermensch thuringians and saxons can live in their shithole patch of kingdom, north germans can enjoy prussia again, bavarians with their silly dialect and believe of being superior can live under their king again, everyone would be a lot happier.

i want prussia back and every single goddamn bavarian, saxon or whatever piece of shit outside of it.
>>
>>38253967
i choose turks. i know a lot of turks who are pretty much just the same kind of person as the average german i grew up with, just normal people living normal lives. maybe not the poor idiots from big cities, who speak german with a strong accent and mixed with turkish, but the average turk living in an average west german town is allright in most cases.

unlike the fucking ossis, every ossi i know is an uneducated stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>38253996
>>38254203
it's just a fact that it's not like we're divided by ethnicity or religion in germany, we're divided by wealth and education.

poor people are trash. and they're the same, in every country.

we should gas the poor, that would solve all our problems. including communism.
>>
>>38254203
malte sören - the post
>>
>>38254198
Destroying Prussia was the only decent thing the Russians ever did.

WW1 was directly caused by Prussian autism, the rise of communism was caused by Marx (Prussian) and by Lenin being backed by the Imperial German high command (Prussian).

WW2 was directly caused by the Prussian high command blaming the democratically elected government for all of their failings and refusing to take responsibility for the war.

Thank fuck the Russians destroyed that country, raped all of the cultural heritage, and turned created Kaliningrad just to salt the earth so that no Prussia could ever grow again.
>>
>>38254214
see
>>38254209

you fucking idiot, open your eyes. it's not the jews, not the muslims, not the turk, it's the fucking poor.

poor jews, poor muslims, poor turks, poor germans, doesn't matter. they need to be removed.
>>
>>38254214
t. maik-ronny from halle-neustadt
>>
File: 1529061800456.jpg (7 KB, 250x237)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
ITT:
>20 year old boomers pretending to be experts on other contries armies and why the suck
>>
>>38254216
Marx wasn't really Prussian, he just happened to be born during the 7 year long Prussian administration of Trier. Trier is actually on the other end of Germany, you pretty much can't be further away from Prussia without leaving Germany.
>>
>>38246992
>>38247034
The ambush happened after the French started treating local population like shit. Italians are very much like what >>38245521 said. They treat locals nicely, make themselves liked.

Then come the french.
>>
>>38245908
proof? not doubting you, just interested.
>>
>>38236719
Beats the usa in all competitions.
>>
>>38254293
if the competitions are drinking beer, having ugly women and general absence of every kind of military quality, you might be correct
>>
>>38254301
>asshurt
>>
>>38254309
>projection
>>
>>38254214
>>38254227
>malte sören
>maik-ronny

Are those West German names compared to East German ones? Holy shit poor Germans
>>
>>38239532
>only 500 tanks
>downsizing air craft and military

Holy shit wtf is Germany going to do if shit hits the fan in Europe? Can they even defend themselves?
>>
>>38254428
no we cant just look at how we are soppused to defend our air we only have handfull of operational fighters and a handfull of patriot systems
>>
>>38246215
>women
>service
Gtfo faggot
>>
>>38237168
As someone currently maintaining the hornets you're about to get i kek'd.
>>
>>38237850
Keep in mind German troops are allowed to drink on duty or some shit.
>>
>>38254428
isn't that the point of NATO? There's like 400k US soldiers in Germany IIRC, Germany never would have had to defend itself.

Also a shame noone in this thread mentioned the real modern German army, the fabulous NVA. They should have integrated the Bundeswehr into the NVA, not the other way around.
>>
>>38254487
German soldiers and Germans in general might get hammered at every occasion and i've read that the alcohol consumption pattern of the average German would definitely qualify as heavy alcoholism in many parts of the world including the US, but i refuse to believe that they officially allow their soldiers to drink on duty
>>
>>38245479
>brought Hinds to Afghanistan
That is some Aussie tier shitposting right there. God bless you Poland
>>
>>38254428
The USA has around 1600 tanks in operational service including national guard.
>>
>>38254487
Nonsense
>>
>>38254487
not true
>>
>>38254531
>There's like 400k US soldiers in Germany IIRC
wrong
>>
>>38244136
>same continent as Sweden
I will say that the state of our military and shooting culture is abysmal. The spirit of resistance people love to praise every year on liberation day has long since departed.
>>
File: 1521793478721.jpg (75 KB, 750x732)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>38236719
OP here, I've read every single post now and i think it's my duty as OP to officially determine that the German Bundeswehr might not be the very worst, but definitely one of the worst armies among NATO. But they're definitely the very worst white army.

Also gas the poor, i like that idea.
>>
>>38254272
>we weren't bribing them, they genuinely liked us!
>>
>>38254598
oh allright, but i'm pretty sure the number was much higher in the last century.
>>
>>38246955
Turkey is in NATO only because so it wouldn't have been a Soviet ally in the cold war.
>>
>>38254610
yes of course, but so was the number of German troops and equipment during the Cold War
>>
>>38254621
Turkey is in NATO because of the extreme anti-commie ideology of it's government, which consisted of generals untill Erdogan started shifting it from that to islamism.
Turkey post 50s was basically in constant civil war between fascists and communists, till this very day there's dozens of armed communist militias and guerilla groups. At the same time it's geopolitical position makes it very precious, so they were welcomed into NATO with open arms.
>>
>>38246138
There is generally a sense of obligation to do "something" by the well off northern european population. It's a little bit of white guilt, a little bit of genuine compassion, and a little bit virtue signalling, all mixed with a dose of condescending yet naive idealism endemic to overly soft liberal types. Generally their generosity is dependent entirely on their level of comfort, which is why you see attitudes changing now that people are feeling the consequences of their decisions.

Metropolitan Sweden has gotten hooked on the Social Justice drug though, and I fear that they have the critical mass to entrench themselves in the long run, like a recurring infection. At least the rest of Scandinavia is starting to turn away from that shit. But right now it's only a start. We'll see what comes of this new mindset. I fear people are falling for old traps again.
>>
>>38245521
coping faggot
>>
>>38254679
literally wat
>>
>>38237089
Ex-Krautsoldier here. G36 is fine.
>>
>>38240841
The carrier "lochkoppel" she is wearing is used in basic to fuck with the recruits. Instructors obviously wear them too during exercises
>>
>>38245831
Merken and Van der Leyen recently announced to increase military spending to 1.5% of the GPD so the futures seems bright
>>
>>38254747
it's merkel and von der leyen, we're not fucking dutch
>>
>>38246853
>Kind of like putting my penis inside an angry walking guilt trip
Lol how do you mean? Does she just complain the whole time?
>>
>>38254198
> thinking that thuringians or saxons are untermenschen

> Not even mentioning people from Hessen or Niedersachsen as if they are some kind of humans

Wessiemutt detected.
>>
>>38254209
Funnily enough the poor people in the east dont really vote for the lefties that much anymore (apart from the fucking students in Thüringen).
>>
>>38254203
> believing the turks lies...

The Ossie is the only german who has seen and survived the horrors of socialism and liberal indoctrination. The wessie is the one who let hippies grow and infect every area.
>>
>>38254831
don't be silly, it's 29 years now since they got rid of socialism. so only the ossis older than 40-something really have any memory about socialism.

also, the realsozialismus wasn't really "liberal" indoctrination. that's more of a western 68er thing, the actual socialists in east germany were pretty racist and shit, that's the reason for all the trouble with neo nazis killing people in east germany in the 90s and voting far right till this very day.
>>
>>38254831
Cute
>>
>>38254831
If only they would start carrying their economic weight.
>>
>>38254823

Students always lean left. Mature people always lean right. Funny that.
>>
>>38254878
Not really
>>
>>38254867
to be fair, it's not their fault. the wall went down and flocks of greedy western capitalists swarmed the east, buying cheap land formerly belonging to state controlled collectives just to let it rot, buying literally everything that was manged by the socialist government, privatizing the shit out of every house and factory, and either try to resell it to somewhere else or just letting it rot.

there's a vid reportage about some italian millionaire who just went there and bought all the steel factories, making thousands of people unemployed, just to make sure they weren't going to be any concurrence to his own steel company now that the iron curtain went down.

same shit in russia, there were no unemployed or homeless before, and shit went down quick with privatization.

ossis are scum, but you still have to look at the actual historical facts.
>>
File: marder1.jpg (167 KB, 1000x626)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>38245479
Germans used Tiger gunships, Marder IFV´s and PZH2000 artillery in afghanistan...
>>
>>38254198
>prussia
Yeah that's not happening buddy. Hell they're the ones who caused the unification in 1871 to begin with. Prussia, for all it's military grandeur and history, is also literally the reason why Germans got shat on so hard in the 20th century.
>>
>>38254899
Were those also used to invade Afghanistan in the 80s, killing over a million Afghans?

I think u missed the point
>>
Liberals

>wealthier
>healthier
>better fashion sense

But but social justice is bad! Is that the kool aid people are forced to drink?
>>
>>38254858
You want to tell me that the mandatory sessions in the NVA about the eastern brotherhood with their friends in Vietnam, angola etc. was racist? Or the entire talk in the Jungpioniere and later FDJ? While yes, realsozialismus wasnt hippie shit, the main difference was that it was based on nationalism (Vaterlandsliebe) due to that they saw their history starting not with the fall of the Reich, but with the rebuilding (which also is reflected in "Auferstanden aus ruinen", still a better song for a modern germany than Das lied der Deutschen)

The only thing which probably made them racist was experiencing the nonintegrated/assimilated fremdarbeiter from the west after the wall went down. The few vietnameese in the east did always hold a relatively low profile.

The reason for why the neonazies exploded in the east (and also now in the west) is because there where no outlets for them, so they stayed in close circles until the brew went over the barrel.
>>
>>38254878
> What are the greens or 68'er.

Unless you see maturity as not a function of age.
>>
>>38254886
Nothing there was competive. East Germany is a big joke.
>>
>>38254867
>carrying their economic weight
Having nearly the same cost of living while working more hours and getting 30% less money for the same work...
>>
>>38254907
You are correct. I missed this fact.
>>
>>38254926
True, (apart from some small privately owned and heavily taxed places, such as my grand uncles sawmill) but the possibilities for competition was taken before they could try it properly.
>>
>>38254927
>Having nearly the same cost of living while working more hours and getting 30% less money for the same work...
Kek you gonna go snowflake on us?
>>
File: IMG_4498.jpg (66 KB, 582x528)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>38254915
>the part of the country backed by nato and the us is wealthier than the country backed by the soviets and warsaw pact
Well I wonder why that is.
>>
>>38254916
Lol, racism was pretty big there. Despite the lip service against the Nazis, many of the things were straight copied from the nazis.
>>
>>38254916
dude, are you retarded? you mix the socialist state doctrine with the average east german citizens.

ask any vietnamese or angolan guest worker who got to east germany to work, there was strict racial segregation. They were living in caserns, not allowed to mix with the local people in most cases. for the simple reason that there were small scale riots every time some black face showed itself in a east german pub, just like after the reunification.

you should actually read on the topic, or at least search for it on yt if you don't want to spend too much time.

east german culture was different from west german not only because of socialism, but mainly because there was no deep cultural revolution like 1968 in the west. people who despised the state governed socialist ideology, so most people, kept their conservative views.
>>
>>38244615
I'd fuck her still
>>
>>38254941
No. Im just some Ossi scum who never lived in the gdr but has to hear this western bullshit all day and has still to pay for the sins of our fore fathers while you guys get fat and rich since 70 years.
>>
>>38254942
Looking how West Germany became that economic powerhouse within 2 decades after the war, that west German liberalism was a pretty good thing.
>>
>>38254815
I bet you live in some miserable mud hole in Leipzig. There's nothing wrong with NiederRhein. Uptlo und Osnabrück are comfy and filled with hard working farmers, Solingen produces half of the world's forks and butter knives.
>>
>>38254963
And why did it become such a powerhouse? I'll give you a hint, not because of liberalism. Another hint: flags that happened to have the colors red, white, and blue.
>>
File: 1524786114642.png (1.35 MB, 900x746)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>38236719
Well, they used to be kickass. Now NATO is kind of shit in general, isnt it?
>>
>>38254963
well the GDR still had a very high standard of living compared to most places in the world and especially the highest standard of living among all socialist countries.

maybe not as high as anyone in western europe or the us, but it was still very high.
>>
>>38254981
The Soviets went easy on the GDR, odds are they had the best living standards in the entire iron curtain.
>>
>>38254973
Are you retarded?
>>
>>38254950
Ok, but where is the bad part?
>>
>>38254963
And some money from Mr Marshall, while the east needed to pay to the soviets.
>>
>>38236719
>>38237089
>>38237218
>>38237684
In Spain they used the CETME a modified version of the G3, but now they use the G36, what is the problem with that rifle?
>>
>>38254981
My grandfather was the German ambassador to Egypt during the collapse of the Berlin Wall. He remembers how much toilet paper, china, cutlery, etc. was being stockpiled by embassy workers in the east German embassy. On my mother's sidea of the family, there were a lot of people who would sneak things over to their east German relatives. Protip, normal east Germans lived like shit compared to the socialist leaders.
>>
File: IMG_4693.jpg (53 KB, 500x513)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>38255002
>the us, marshall plan, and nato had nothing to do with west germany
>>
>>38255026
That doesn't mean they were starving, ofc it was a shitty system and there were shortages of goods from time to time, but compared to most of the world and especially the rest of the commie block they had it very good. Take a look at Romania or Bulgaria, those were literally 3rd world in terms of living conditions
>>
File: galeriebild_elssser.jpg (18 KB, 268x376)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>38255026
Pic related
>>
>>38255042
Yeah, but that's not saying much. Even in Ireland, there were average citizens with cars, but they were still a p art of the third world up until the last 60 years
>>
>>38255059
>Even in Ireland, there were average citizens with cars, but they were still a p art of the third world up until the last 60 years

Lol what
>>
>>38255001
>The Soviets went easy on the GDR

The soviets dismantled 2000 of the 2400 most important companies in the area.
They took 48% of all train tracks.
The area lost 30% of all industrial and infrastructual capacity.
Between 46 and 53 the soviets took roughly 22% of the gross national income.

They only stopped because there was an uprising in 53.

The GDR payed 99.1 Billion DM (53 price) while the FRG payed 2.1 Billion DM (53 price) in reparations.

Thats 130 times higher per person.

Its the highest known reparation of the 20th century...
>>
>>38255026
>>38255042
To be fair everyone eastward was having shitty times by the fall of the Berlin Wall, some just got it much worse than others.
>>38255082
In the literal definitions, 1st world are US allies, 2nd world are Soviet allies, and 3rd world are neutral.
>>38255086
No one said they didn't get shafted, but you can't deny East Germany got a much better deal than many other eastern bloc countries.
>>
>>38255094
>No one said they didn't get shafted, but you can't deny East Germany got a much better deal than many other eastern bloc countries.
Because they needed a loyal buffer/potential battlefield state.

The same was true for the west.
>>
File: F124 Sachsen class.jpg (1.43 MB, 2126x1535)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
Here have a nice pic. But sadly its like 1/4 of the german navy.
>>
>>38255094
I know, that's why I wrote "in terms of living conditions" u idiot

I fucking knew some smartass would bring this up when I hit post
>>
File: Boxers.jpg (408 KB, 2048x1240)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>
File: Gepard_A1.jpg (1.05 MB, 1798x1199)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
rip
>>
>>38255133
>>38255141
stop posting irrelevant shit, you're killing the thread.

gas the poor
>>
File: puma ifv_5.jpg (990 KB, 1723x1293)
990 KB
990 KB JPG
>>
>>38255033
The Marshall plan had no significant effect on the West German economy, the amount of money wasn't big enough.
It also applies to any other state in the West, Germany didn't receive anything special.
>>
>>38255141
Sleep well, our little Flakprinz
>>
File: pzh2000.jpg (522 KB, 1600x1200)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>38255148
Posting german weapons in german military thread on weapon board is irrelevant?
>>
>>38255168
yes.

and now the thread is dead, limit is around 325 asshole
>>
>>38254531
>"The NVA was better than the Bundeswehr"
Kek

You should read the decommissioning reports of the NVA. Early 90s Bundeswehr was superior and also not a socialist indoctrination camp.
>>
>>38255198
Sorry that i killed the thread with my 5 picture posts.

The comments i gave with arguments and numbers got ignored.

Because most of you guys can only pull shit out from your ass and ignore facts.

I guess I should have screamed louder to be a part of the discussion...

oh and fuck yourself.
>>
>>38255237
>random pictures of german toys are facts

germans, everyone
>>
>>38255263
Hint:

I didnt just post those 5 picture comments.
>>
>>38255288
yeah right. this board this anonymous you fag. i could claim to have posted 90% of posts in this thread and noone could proof me wrong.

fucking germ trying to steal other peoples' pearls
>>
File: dfargtrbhn.jpg (5 KB, 300x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>38237065
I wonder why.
>>
>>38244820

real soldier
>>
>>38254981

they ate chocolate made with pigs blood and a lot of them had no energy until the 80s
>>
File: nogodsanymore.jpg (162 KB, 1276x1280)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>38237065
anon if they fixed their military then they'd also be helping the evil nazis who enlist in their military
>>
File: 1422063442567.gif (2.51 MB, 286x258)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>38242928
>the FAMAS was widely liked by all those that used it and served the french army very well
>>
>>38256772

It was pretty baller in Raven Shield!
>>
File: 1007 Panzerwagen 3.jpg (302 KB, 593x842)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>38244587
>and the German minister does her job well

Sure she also visits the Bilderberger Conference often. She will probably replace Merkel someday, it we don´t replace the BRD. Pic strongly related.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.