[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 72883002395234.jpg (32 KB, 560x346)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Anyone here ever get pulled over with a CHL? How do the police treat you?
>>
>>38242905
It's gotten me out of a couple of tickets
>>
>>38242918
>a couple tickets
>assuming this means you've had more than those two tickets
drive slower you asshole
>>
>>38242927
None of them were for speeding; once a seatbelt, once for tags
>>
>>38242905
>>38242905
A cop nailed me for speeding while passing a truck and I had my gat on me. I just played it cool and let him know I needed to reach past my gun to get my wallet. He just told me to take it slow and I did. He took my info and thankfully was a cool guy so he lowered the severity of the ticket as low as he could. I got my ticket and left.
People make cop encounters out to be way more dramatic than they actually are. They just want to do what they have to and go back to playing on their phone in their cruiser. Make it easy and they won't hassle you.
>>
>>38242905
no cop has ever got me to stop on any of my bikes.
>>
>>38243011
Because nobody cares about your paper route, Timmy.
>>
>>38242964
oh ok withdrawn.
>>
>>38243020
Burn
>>
Better than they did before I had a CHL, but my traffic violations are less ridiculous now.
>>
>>38242905
I drive the world's most bland 90's volvo.
I've blown by a cop doing 97 in a 55 zone and been completely ignored.
Only time I've ever dealt with police was when I saw a biker hit a patch of sand on a blind corner and get really fucked up in the crash, police arrived first and asked what happened, nothing else.
>>
>>38242905
I don't have to notify in my state. The one time I got pulled over I didn't mention it, every thing when just fine.
>>
>>38242905

Cop in AZ (constitutional carry) with duty to inform. I'm not a Motor so I don't have to write tickets but I pull traffic to educate normal people and to investigate actual criminals.

If you're polite and normal I'll be just as polite with you, I'll take the firearm for the duration of our contact, and give it right back to you in the same condition I got it. At most I'll give you a written warning.

If you're hostile same as above except a ticket.

If you're clearly a tweaker/felon/gang member/rapscallion your license is most likely Suspended or Revoked, you have a Warrant, or you waived your 4th Amendment rights already so I'll be getting in your pockets and vehicle which means Prohibited Possessor charges if you're carrying.

Normies, please keep your hands on the wheel until I tell you to get something.
>>
>>38243020
not him bnut Ive biked down the street with a turkish mauser and cps went by noone gave a afuck
>>
>>38244185
Please tell me you mean bicycle and not motorcycle
>>
>>38243115
>I'll take the firearm for the duration of our contact

You can try...
>>
In Indiana and Kentucky I have no duty to inform so I don't

Last thing I want to do is sperg out

If I had to inform I would just hand them I ccl along with my license/registration
>>
>>38243115
eat shit pig, youre worse than the army men
>>
I ended up letting the officer go with a warning
>>
>>38242964
>seatbelt
retard
>tags
retard
>>
>>38242905
That CCW is a "I'm not a criminal" badge. Cop now knows you passed a background check. I've only been pulled over twice in like 15years but both times we ended up talking guns and all I got was a warning. I live in a free state though so I dunno how it might be behind enemy lines.
>>
>>38243115
>truth
story tiyme
>be speedin home
>220 the whole way on Suttons pass BC
>I love speed
>Alwyas cautios and aware while I be zoom zoom
>GOin round double solid bend at 150
>brain think
>go slower incase you see a cop
>fug that I wanna get home and smoke my weiner off
>maintain course
>end of turn
>20 car line up
>pfff theres no cops in there
>in the half second I pass him we lock eyes
>oh shieet
>lights up and honkers
>theres a turn here so you dont have to get pulled over like an idiot
>180 degree turn
>speed up so my wheels dont stopping
>we 190 nao
>every drifting movie Ive ever seen comes to fruition
>that sweet sreech
>I know this road
>90 degree turn at 180
>fish tail like my anus wags at dicks
>sergey crashing car would be of making you gay
>No
>control my anoose
>roll up next to bombers
>park
>put my head on the window
>saddog.jpeg
>hands on my lap
>dur
> RCMPmobile spits oup gravel at me whip while he get a foot of distance between his car and mine
>M&P 40
>right inbetween my eyes
>mfw cheeki.mpeg
>"LET ME SEE YOUR FUCKIN HANDS MAN!"
>slowly but with a sense of ergency for both of our saftey raise my hands up as if I was in spongebob
>opens the door
>puts me on my knees with the gun a few inches from my pretty little head
>as he cuffs me "ARE WE GONNA BE FRIENDS!?"
>I tard out with, "Oh yeah bud were real good friends"
>he half does my right hand cuff
>dumbshit
>he puts me ni his cruiser and and when he steps away I crank up on the cuff
>physically confused offiicer
>brings over ovther officer because they think Im high
>when was the last time you smoked?
>praise the gods I listened that day
>730 am
after all that jizz he took off my cuffs and let me stand around while the tow truck came and we discussed why it wasnt ridiculous I hadnt been required to lose my license
also
>"Are there anyweapons in the car?"
>mofugga I know my weapons are like the back of my dick
>"no sir"
>they serarch it and let me out of the cruise
>>
>>38242927
>meanwhile cops drive 30 over the limit and don’t use turn signals
>meanwhile the cities which my ancestors built are unlivable because of minority crime and police camp out on the highway giving tickets to commuters
Fuck you. Start serving the community and you’ll gain our support
>>
>>38244197
I did mean bicycle.
>>38244248
>go and grab muh books and tool case
>oh shit.mp3
>fork
>pick it up with my index finger and thumb with my left hand in the air walk out from the car like a crab while the two officers are sitting there chatting
>"uh.. is this..like...ok"
>they look at me like im an idiot
>I look at them like they dont know what I can do with this fork
>understanding
>"nah its good"
>>
>>38244251
stop degrading it by fucking the little girls and boys and chalking it up to " well they be the elders" YOu fucked yourself fuck you
>>
>>38244256
tldr be nice to cops and theyll be nice to you
>>
Went through bp check point in nowheresville NM. The officer took my gun did his computer shit and whatever. Gave my pistol back in a bag with the cartridges loose just in the bag.
One time I got pulled over for tags and the lady cop was nice about it. I told her about the pistol in my car. It was totally legal. She didn't take the cartridges out of the magazine which I appreciated.
>>
>>38243020
Fuckin roasted!
>>
>>38242905
Been carrying a decade, pulled over maybe 4 or 5 times. Always greet officer with
>Hello, carrying with permit. Gun is at X look location.
This is Ohio with legal obligation to notify. So far no cop has given a shit.
>>
Im a cop here in yurop. When i still patrolled we normally asked people straight away if they carry any dangerous or illegal stuff so they tell us.

We have the right to and normally do search every car we pulled over and the people in it being in regular crime prevention duty (highway patrol normally doesnt for example).

If we dont ask, you dont have to tell.
>>
>>38242905
>How do the police treat you?
Don't have a CHL and I don't have to tell them shit, so they have no idea I have a gun.
>>
>>38243115
Haha, get bent.
>>
>>38244346
What country so I don't ever go to it.
>>
>>38244230
How the fuck is not wearing a seat belt a crime? It endangers noone but myself?
>>
File: 1522199363290.jpg (175 KB, 1024x733)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>38243115
>>
>>38242905
Being polite and respectful and telling them ahead of time whether you have a concealed carry permit and whether or not you currently have a gun on you usually ensures a better interaction with the officer.

>>38242927
You're the fuck who actually does 25 in a 25 when there's no one else around, aren't you?
>>
>>38242905
I've been pulled over while carrying twice. Once for speeding and once for expired tags. The first time was for speeding and went pretty cordially and the trooper had a good sense of humor since when I let him know I was going to retrieve my wallet for my IDs he said he trusted I wouldn't pop one off in his chest. If I wasn't so damn nervous I'd have said that a .380 would have just mad him mad.

Second time was for expired tags, which also went pretty cordially. I was fined since I was past the 30 day period where a ticket was up to the officer's discretion.
>>
>>38242905
I don't have a license to carry, as I have seen the local liberal news organizations publish the home addresses of carry holders before and I refuse to let my home and family become targets over asking for permission.

But I do work in shitty parts of town and carry everyday anyways. Been pulled over a few times (seatbelt, plus a couple basic "what is a white boy in a nice car doing in this part of town" stops) and never once had an issue. Show license and insurance and don't say shit about the gun in my waistband and the officer is none the wiser, sends me on my way when my info comes back clean.
>>
>>38243115
>I will take your gun
That sounds like an excellent way to get shot by some fucking sociopath during a routine traffic stop.
>>
>>38244393
I'm not that guy, but I do because nearly getting hit by assholes sucks. On the freeway, I drive fast so keep right and we will both be honky dory.
>>
>>38244414
Lets hope.
>>
>>38244374
Its a source of revenue. Nothing more. If anything, not wearing your seatbelt creates job security in the body cleaner sector.
>>
>>38243051
same here
>>
>>38243115
Dont you have a quota to meet? You wont make it off of people actually committing crimes so you're gonna have to write false tickets. Doesnt matter if they get it thrown out in court $400 later, it counts toward your quota. Get bent.
>>
>>38244274
>Gave my pistol back in a bag with the cartridges loose just in the bag
that's rude
>>
>>38244374
>my corpse exiting my vehicle's windshield at speed doesn't affect anyone but myself

Why do dump trucks bother putting a tarp over the shit they haul?
>>
>>38244433
no fuck face, its easier to remove someone with a slight injury from a car with little medical training thatn it is to scrape your dumb ass off the road we all pay to drive on. need emt to transport whats left of your corpse disaster relif fgagogots to control everything if there arent friemen or other cops
tldr youre stupid but on our belt and atleast die in the car so we can be of moving and going on with our day.
if you really so pathetic you need to take "risks" like not wearing your seatbelt you should join the fucking ypg or something
>>
>>38244488
Did you have a stroke while typing this?
>>
>>38244372
Spain.
>>
kill the cop
burn the car and the footage
throw body in burning wreckage
howl at the moon
>>
>>38244495
I get them all the time there like little dementia highs
>>
>>38243115
I wish you the worst, faggot
>>
>>38244346
>We have the right to and normally do search every car we pulled over

Wow you scumfuck jackboots are shit all over huh?
>>
>>38244517
heart attack or old farts disease aint no startin back when arteries start to sqeezze
>I thought you were talking about me and my penis
>>
>>38244374
People who adamantly refuse to wear seatbelts are so dense.
>Let me actively avoid a 1.5 second act that will save my life as i continue with the most dangerous action I conduct on a daily basis. oh that dinging noise? I'll just fasten my seatbelt behind me to stop it because I'm a cool kid. Gosh I sure feel cool as my bloodied corpse flies out of the windshield at 70 mph, but nevermind that family whose car I splat into. I'm sure the children won't have issues anymore. Only endangering myself.
>>
>>38244530
>I bet youve got nothing to hide why would I search you?
>>
>>38244541
its ok he doesnt know cars kill more people than viloent crimes
>>
>here's my license and etc, just letting you know I have a concealed weapon on my right hip

Either
>Cool thanks, hang on
>Here's your ticket/warning/whatever
Or
>Cool, what do you have
>Talk about guns for 5 minutes
>Have a good day

I don't look nor act like a nigger so that probably helps.
>>
>>38244422
There's nothing that pisses me off more than people who just cruise on the left.
>>
>>38243115

WA copfag here, fuck off. Unless they've committed a criminal act or you have reasonable belief that they have (i.e. witnessed it, warrant hit, stolen vehicle, etc) there is absolutely NO need to relieve someone of their weapon.

Between Seattle and Eastern WA I've had hundreds of times I've encountered a CC, I've never once felt so afraid that I needed to take their gun because I recognize a. Normal people aren't criminals looking to shoot me and b. I have the confidence in my abilities to keep a situation calm and controlled.

"I've stopped you for speeding, a civil infraction, and you're legally carrying but since I'm a pussy I need to confiscate you personal property so I can feel safe"

Fuck you dude.
>>
>>38243115
Unironically neck yourself.
>>
>>38244374
>endangering Peter Noone's life shouldn't be a crime
You're scum.
>>
>>38242982
being nice paid off

>>38243045
Soon.

>>38243115
Hello Cop, would you start confiscations if they demanded you to do so? Door to door? How would your buddies feel about that?

>>38244185
Probably because if you're riding with a mauser you're 3x likely not to be a criminal and just some dude with a mauser

>>38244242
In an enemy state they will confiscate your "weapon" first, even if it's just a range trip and in your trunk. Had that happen to me once.
>get randomly pulled over
>license and registration
>I proceed to tell him that its in my glove box and am getting it
>said one of my tail lights is out
>Oh ok, I didn't realize, I'll head straight to Autozone to get new lights its a simple fix
>as I give him my info he asked if I have anything that he should know about
>tell him I'm heading back from the range and my rifles are in my trunk separate from my ammo
>sir I need you to pop your trunk so I can remove the guns from your vehicle for the duration of this time, I will return the guns to you when I am done
>OK? Wtf? I told him ok fine but I don't see the point and he stopped me mid sentence and asked me if I have any weapons in the car besides the trunk and I told him no just the trunk because it's a fucking range trip
>he looked through the windows and dissatisfied he took the guns from my trunk
>see him finger fuck my guns and checking the serials
>notice he's calling them in to see if these are stolen or whatever
>he throws them back in the trunk
>wrote me a warning to get it fixed and leaves.

>>38244248
Dude I don't know what you look like but I'm surprised you can greentext on 4chan. Also stop speeding and doing drugs

>>38244274
removing cartridges? Wtf for?

>>38244346
Faggot

>>38244374
You're becoming a liability to the state in medical benefits idiot, which is paid for by taxes.

>>38244403
Good, never even remotely play with words with cops. They are not on your side.

>>38244408
Source?
>>
>>38243115
>take the firearm
That's how accidents happen. Ever watch the Cops TV show and see them try to clear a weapon they've never handled before? Even for experienced shooters handing a loaded Glock back and forth seems like an unwise move if there is no good reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ufT_6Kgy0
That was a "professional" federal agent as opposed to a beat cop, not to be confused with the FBI dancer.
>>
>>38244500
Oh, no reason for me to go there anyway.
>>
>>38244570
He's probably not even a cop, bro. He sounds like some bored college kid trying to get a rise out of us
>>
>>38244500
>Spain
It's worse than I thought.

>>38244509
Rude

>>38244549
>calling it a weapon
Don't do that.

>>38244570
/OurCop/

>>38244600
>things that never happened.
>>
>>38244374
>it endangers noone but myself
And your family and those who may depend on you, you may be held legally liable for passengers who did not wear seat belts, and you set a bad example for others, you may further tax a medical institute when you do not have insurance or the funds to cover the cost of your medical treatment, costs of response activities, processing, burial, others who may be affected, etc. Yeah, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>38244616
I'd like to think that but I've met too many cops, either GWOT vets or new kids, that eat the "thin blue line" bullshit.

The same people who refer to non-LE as "civilians"
>>
To any copfags taking a gun "for your safety and mine" just to cut a ticket; that is a seizure without due process.
>>
>>38244621
>calling it a weapon
the hell are you supposed to call it then
>>
>>38244613
Well, in fact we are the second most visited country in the world due to tourism.
>>
>>38244631
good luck in court, mang
>>
>>38244374

Human meats doesn't hold together well when it gets thrown around in a crash.

The 1.5 second act of putting your seatbelt on protects other occupants and precludes the need for your stupid ass to get scraped off the pavement and stitched up at considerable cost.
>>
>>38244640
Actually, you can ask to hold a gun and if the guy wants to, he can let you hold it, but...

If you have no PC or ARS past "he was going 10 over" with no warrants or wants then he doesn't have to surrender shit.

The gun is immaterial to the speeding.
A CCW license is prima facie that he can have his gun and doubly so in states that consider vehicle to be an extension of your home.

This is like a cop cutting me a ticket for my lawn and asking to hold my shotgun while he cuts my ticket and gives it back nervously unloaded and having run a serial check.

You have no authority to do any of that.
Same with vehicles.

Plus its a bitch move. If someone is gonna shoot you, they aren't going to wait until you cut them a ticket.

They'll just keep driving, pull you in to a cul de sac, and start blazing your ass
>>
>>38244561
I want to nail profligates that cruise in the left to a cross.
>>
>>38244541

its the same kind of person that complains about safeties on guns.
>>
>>38244668

Bullshit.

It's like suicide laws. They want to keep you alive to pay taxes.
>>
>>38244699

Tbh if you're the kind of total fuckwit that doesn't get why one should wear their seatbelt then you probably aren't the type that has a well paying job anyway.
>>
>>38244374
crashes are messy, especially when someone is ejected from the vehicle. Friend of mine died a few days ago in a motorcycle accident and theres still a giant stain from the splatter. don't drive motorcycles, kids. Theres a good reason you don't need to have insurance on them.
>>
>>38244699
Sometimes, every so often, you and society's interests coincide. Just like vaccines. Just like garbage dumps. Just like seat belts.
>>
>>38244707
Or, hear me out, I'm a grown ass man that doesn't need a fucking Hall Monitor pestering me like I am still in Junior High.

If I end up street pizza, I got my own insurance.

But please, go back to advocating less personal liberty and increased government intrusion
>>
>>38244634
A handgun. A weapon implies it's being used to harm others. At my range we never called them weapons because it's implied it's being used against someone. We simply called them guns which makes it easier to digest.
>>
>>38244218
>eat shit pig, youre worse than the army men
>army men
Ah, I see 14 year old tumblrinas have found /k/
>>
>>38244289
We did it reddit!
>>
>>38244699
You going to commit suicide to fuck with the feds and avoid paying taxes?
>>
>>38244722
I find it ironic that motorcycle cops cut the most seatbelt tickets and yet....

Where's the seatbelt on their motorcycle?
>>
>>38244727
>At my range we never called them weapons because it's implied it's being used against someone.

jesus christ that PC autism.
>>
>>38244600
what if its the old serbian jew double bluff?
>>
>>38244727
ah ok. I was just thinking "gun" which to me sounds about as bad.
>>
>>38242905
>get pulled over
>hand over papers
>sit
>sit
>officer comes back and issues me a warning
the end.
>>
>>38244738
It's a motorcycle. If you were riding a motorcycle as well you wouldn't get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.
Apples to apples, not oranges.
>>
>>38244738
not wearing a seatbelt in a car can fuck your shit up and essentially defrauds your insurance company with your dumbassery. insurance companies already account for how fucking deadly motorcycles are and adjust their rates accordingly.
>>
>>38244738
Agreed. You'd think someone smarter than me would have a solution to keep them nimble but drop the fatality rate. ER beds are not an unlimited resource.
>>
>>38244755
>a solution to keep them nimble but drop the fatality rate.

the issue is that being strapped into the bike while its crashing can easily be more dangerous than falling off it.
>>
>>38242905
In missouri do I have the legal obligation to notify? We have constitutional carry but I'm fuzzy on if I have to tell them
>>
>>38244274
Was it the one between Alamogordo and Cruces?
>>
>>38243115
>If you're polite and normal I'll be just as polite with you, I'll take the firearm for the duration of our contact
I've interacted with Wyoming Highway Patrol and our local city police before; neither have done this. I'm not knocking it, I would probably feel the same with certain individuals who may choose to culturally enrich you, but I've just never had it happen to me.

>Going across interstate soon after 21 birthday
>Got my RIA 1911 in the glovebox
>Have cruise control on 80 mph
>See lights in rearview mirror
>Uh oh
>Pull over on side of highway
>A half dozen pronghorn are just staring at me
>Patrolman walks up to my open window
>I have my hands on the steering wheel
>He walks up to the window and asks how I'm doing today
>"I-Im fine, officer. I'll mention that I have my concealed carry in the glovebox. It's on top of my registration, unfortunately."
>He laughs and says for me to relax and keep my hands on the steering wheel
>He walks around to passenger door, opens it, and opens the glove box
>Takes out 1911 and sets it on the dash
>Whistles between his teeth
>"That's a nice concealed carry, son!"
>"T-thanks, officer."
>He pulls out my registration, looks at it, then looks at me, and says
>"You're missing a license plate on the front. I'll just give you a warning and you can get that replaced. Okay, buddy?"
>"Y-yes, sir, thank you, sir."
>We do our stuff and I let him pull away before I put the gun back in the glovebox and drive off
>>
File: stop it.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>38244724
>seatbelts are government intrusion
So are public roads, by your logic.
>>
>>38244733
Bitch I might. Im officially at do not comply with anything I dont legally have to. Infringing my rights no matter how minor WILL result in a firefight that I WILL inevitabely lose. Oh well maybe theyll think twice on the next guy.
>>
>>38244230
>Unironic statist
>>
>>38245203
As fucking batshit as that seems its probably damn close to how guys were thinking around 1760-1770.
>>
>>38244480
Other than me due to my own stupidity, who gets hurt? Why do you feel the need to legislate something that physically hurts literally no one but the person doing it?>>38244488
>>38244541
>>38244622
>>38244668
>>38244707
>>38244721
>>38244753
>>
>>38244621
>Don't do that.

You're not my dad! Fuck you.
>>
>>38245203
Don't forget that estate tax if you own anything of decent value. You can't escape taxation even in death.
>>
>>38245256
> Who gets hurt
The poor fuckstick who dies enroute to another hospital because your ass took up the last available trauma surgeon at the local hospital.

But hey, you don't have to deal with that annoying feeling of a belt around your torso.
>>
>>38245256
How dare other people care about you getting yourself killed with stupidity.
>>
>>38245259
Estate tax is communism and if I wasnt already dead Id skullfuck the IRS agent who comes to get it with 7.62 NATO.

NO HOLDING BACK ON COMMUNIST SUBHUMANS OR THEIR SYMPATHIZERS.
>>
>>38245257
Son, it's time you learned the truth.
>>
File: 1471520911363.jpg (34 KB, 370x372)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>38243115
>If you're polite and normal I'll be just as polite with you, I'll take the firearm for the duration of our contact, and give it right back to you in the same condition I got it.
The fact that you seem to think this is being generous is very disturbing to me. In AZ of all places.

Is this policy there, or just this guy being ridiculous?
>>
>>38243115
No cop has ever asked me for my gun.

They walk up to my car, I have my palms up on the wheel and immediately inform them that I'm carrying. Not a single one has ever given a shit or asked for my gun.
If one did, I'd spend the rest of the day wasting someones time at your office bitching about it.
>>
File: 1477076479544.jpg (52 KB, 576x472)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Here's my story I posted about a month ago. This is why you let the police know you're carrying ASAP. This is also why you do not ever consent to a search.
>3:00am
>Grab some late night Cookout and head into an empty parking lot to eat and listen to some YouTube
>Cops cruise by
>Creeping up on my car...
>Park right behind me and hit the high beams
Y u gonna harass me like this, man?
>Turn on my cabin lights and roll down front windows
>One officer gets out of the squad car with a big ass maglite and comes over to my window
Fun fact: he did thumbprint my taillight just like YouTube says they do.
>"You mind telling me what what's going on tonight"
>"Eating, sir."
>He says that's suspicious and wants to know my life story.
>Tell him what he wants to know and give him my license when he asks for it.
>Another cop shows up and starts asking if I had been drinking or doing drug.
>I tell him no, but now both cops pretend they aren't buying it.
>"Well, it's awfully suspicious that you're out here, so why don't you just go back home?"
>About to leave but...
>"One more thing, you mind if I search the car? It looks good for our records."
>"S-sure, I guess."
>2nd cop starts coming into the car.
>1st cop, "mind stepping out of the car for me?"
It's about to get bad here.....
>>
File: 1524990394011m.jpg (69 KB, 1024x576)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>38245964
>2nd cop, "anything in here you want me to know about before I start going through stuff?"
>Yes, there's a big knife in the glove box.
>1st cop, "whoa, what kind of knife?"
>"It's a big folder" (pic related)
>2nd cop, pulling it out and showing it off, "WHOA, you ever see anything like this before?!"
>"Yeah, that's an Espada XL; I love that knife. I don't think I can carry it here (NC), but I do carry it back in VA...
>1st cop, agitated now, "It's like crocodile Dundee... Wanna spread your arms out and let me search your person?"
I'm about to get fucked here...
>"O-ok sure, I do want to let you know that I am carrying a firearm on me, on my right hip."
>1st cop, "WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT BEFORE?!"
>Removes my gun
>"NOW, you want to keep your arms spread out as far as you can and don't make any sudden movements. What else you got on you, cause now you weren't being honest with me!?"
Well...
>>
File: 1524991355361m.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>38245973
Pic related on my person; this is not gonna be fun...
>"I've got a few knives, some pepper spray, a spare mag."
>1st cop, done fucking around now, "WHERE!?"
>Start trying to describe everything I've got on me as he's going through my stuff.
>I'm a bumbling mess at this point, scared shitless.
>As he's pulling knives and everything else off me, "WHY do you have all this stuff?!"
>"I like weapons, sir."
>[SPEECH FAILED]
>"YOU LIKE WEAPONS?!"
>"I mean, I like self defense... For self defense"
>Please believe me, sir :'^(
>>
File: 1524992377431m.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>38245980
>1st cop to 2nd cop, "look, he's got pepper spray now, too."
>1st cop to me, "What you gonna use that for? Where'd you get that?"
>"Self defense. I got it online. In VA you can't get the triple action mace because tear gas component is illegal. This is ok though."
>Forgot to mention more cops have arrived (are arriving) as all this is going on.
>5 squad cars now, all looking to bust my ass.
>2nd cop is cool. He wants to chat about pepper spray and he liked my knife.
>Maybe I'm not dead after all.
>Cop 1, looking back through my gun as he's running my ccw permit and gun, "what kind of bullets are these? Where did you get them?"
>"Hornady critical defense, I got them when I got the gun at the store"
>More questioning about all my stuff.
>Cop 2 is still cool. He likes what he sees and knows about edc.
>Cop 1 still pissed, but all my info is coming back clean.
>Other 3 cruisers on their way out now.
It's time for a come to Jesus meeting with cop 1. He's still all wired up and is about to give me the business.
>>
File: 1490142953809.jpg (21 KB, 427x332)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>38245993
So, everything came back clean. It was my car, my gun, and I had a valid ccw permit. But, cop 1 needs to lay down the law because he was rattled by my power level. Cop 2 doesn't have anything else important to add from here on.
>"So, I know you took a cc class. What's the first thing you're supposed to do when we come out to talk to you?"
>Lol, nice assumption. In VA, Hunter's Ed class is all you need.
>"Yeah. I should have told you straight away about the gun, but I probably watch too much YouTube... Lots of people say don't talk about a gun until you ask about a gun"
>"Well, I'm gonna tell you what you need to know now. 1) Don't listen to what you hear on the internet, cops are the good guys yadda yadda. 2) you inform police immediately if you have a gun on you. If I had seen it, you might have got pulled out the window OR WORSE. 3) don't do this sketch shit again. Just go home next time... Now I'm going to put all your stuff in the trunk and you just drive straight home, safely. If you get stopped again let them know what you got first."
>Thank him and be on my way.
And that's all I have to say about that.
>>
>>38246009
>thank him
cuck
>>
>>38245327
So then we should ban smoking, ladders, light fixtures, and owning firearms. As your same stupid cuck boi logic applies to everything you fuck tard. Never post again.
>>
>>38244200
>>38244414
Normal people hand it right over and get it right back after I make sure they're actually normal.

>>38244452
No ticket quotas.

>>38244570
>Unless they've committed a criminal act or you have reasonable belief that they have there is absolutely NO need to relieve someone of their weapon.
If you live in such a work crime area where you actually believe this I'm happy for you.

I have conducted numerous traffic stops where the driver or occupants had committed or were committing a crime and I was not aware of it until later.

You don't get a warrant hit until after you've identified the occupants.

>I've never once felt so afraid
I'm not afraid either. If they're normally we're not going to have any issues. If they're not I'm more than capable of handling it.

>I have the confidence in my abilities to keep a situation calm and controlled.
Sure, if they're normal. If they're a gamer you have absolutely zero say in how the situation goes. Whether they're compliant or whether you shoot them to death is up to them; not you.

>>38244600
Not interested in confiscation. Guns get returned to normal people immediately once I've confirmed they're normal.

>>38244606
Sure, if you're retarded. If you follow the rules of firearm safety nothing will happen.
>>
>>38246033
Fucked that sentence up.

>If you work such a low crime area where you actually believe this I'm happy for you.
>>
>>38244248
You should be in a mass grave, degenerate.
>>38244262
What does this even mean?
>>
File: 1517553465979.gif (1.78 MB, 270x175)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>38246026
>driving a giant hunk of metal down the road is comparable to smoking ladders and light fixtures

when you smoke a cigarette you only hurt yourself (maybe others second hand smoke bullshit)
Its a completely different situation when you dont wear your seat belt and you get ejected from your vehicle and fly into another car making them crash

also when you die because you dont have your seat belt on your family is going to be really happy that you were expressing the freedom to not wear your seat belt to prove it to the man
>>
File: 1525235892177.jpg (97 KB, 640x619)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>38245142
You poor statist brainlet, seatbelts have had the (((unintended consequence))) of giving pigs the ability to violate the 4th amendment as they see fit. Impossible to prove in court if the person you pulled over was wearing theirs or not, so you pull over whoever you want, then you "smell marijuana" which is also impossible to prove but will give them (((reasonable grounds))) to search your vehicle and detain you. This is why anyone without 20 percent or darker tints all the way round is a sucker. Of course I wear mine because I don't have spare chromosomes, but failing to see the legal framework that has been set up is even more dangerous.
>>
File: 1522998520965.jpg (45 KB, 569x412)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>38246020
>Reading my entire greentext
Cuck of a cuck.
>>
>>38245203
holy shit lmao this is why i come on here
>>
>>38246154
Did a cop touch you when you were a kid or something? Why so mad?

Don't commit crime and you will most likely never have to deal with the cops.
>>
>>38244374
It keeps you behind the controls and prevents loss of control in some cases.
>>
>>38244227
Underrated
>>
>>38246217
Lol what?
>>
>>38246217
shut the fuck up with your “don’t commit crime shit” stay the fuck out of my life i hope you get aids
>>
File: Zidane Checks 4chan.png (557 KB, 795x555)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>>38242905
I live in CT.

>get pulled over by state trooper in sleepy rural town that I am driving home through at around 2 am
>usual rigamaroll
>give him CCW, he asks if I'm carrying
>he disarms me (I don't remember if he asked me to hand him my firearm, or if he reached in to take it from my waistband, it was many years ago)
>walks back to his car with it and my permit
>comes back about five minutes later
>"Well, ya did everything right, anon. Have a good night."
>gives me back my pistol (unloaded), the loaded magazine, and the round that was in the chamber
>drives off

A year later...

>get pulled over by local town cop in a shitty town
>poor, black projects, section 8 everywhere, etc
>give him my CCW
>he asks me to wait in the car and he goes back to his cruiser
>another cruiser shows up
>then an SUV
>then another SUV
>then another cruiser
>K9 unit starts circling around my car
>"Sir, please step out of your vehicle and place your hands on the top of your car."
>comply
>they disarm me
>take pistol back to cruiser
>they search my car (the K9 had "alerted" them)
>there's nothing in it
>the whole time they have a female cop questioning me about the guns that I own
>she is humorless and deathly serious the whole time
>after about 30 minutes they give me my pistol back and I am on my way
>they left my glovebox open and its contents all over the place

Fucking local cops are the worst.
>>
>>38242905
Got pulled over once before I had my CHL: small municipality within the city, so I got pulled over for doing 25 in a 20. I warned rookie female cop I had a gun in my center console (this is Texas so without a CHL I didn't HAVE to warn her) because my insurance was in the center console. She asked me why I had a gun with me and I flat-out told her (without thinking) "Because I can," only realizing immediately afterward I sound like an ass and probably not getting out of the ticket at this point (there was little hope for that area anyway)
She ended up not knowing what to do and called for another officer to show up. When she asked him if I was allowed to have a gun in my car he gave her an incredulous look. I ended up getting the ticket anyway, but she never looked at my insurance which ended up being expired. So I guess in a way it got me out of a ticket.
Been pulled over two other times since (when I had a gun on me), both times when I informed the officer (again, you're legally obligated in Texas if you have a CHL/LTC) I got kind a very nonchalant, "Okay".
For what it's worth I got a warning both times too and no ticket... so... maybe it helped?
>>
File: 1528210786427.gif (2.65 MB, 400x226)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB GIF
>>38246217
Kind of, in elementary school there was a heffer who bullied me constantly and she eventually put a bottle of whiteout inside her water bottle in class one day and blamed it on me, I sat on the entire opposite side of the class making the logistics of such an accusation shoddy at best. Dumb ass female teacher believed her with zero due process or investigation so I get sent to office and parents called of both parties and of course the heffers demanded the police be involved. So fast forward a couple hours for my dad to show since he was working and then absolutely tear the school and police officers new assholes for the ridiculous intimidation and lack of due process shown to a ten year old who did nothing. I think legal action was threatened since my dad's best friend is a lawyer since they shut up real quick and I never heard of it again. But yes that is why I have a distrust for the poh-leese. Ever since I haven't had any problems driving or otherwise with them, but I'll be damned if I don't stay vigilant and aware of potential threats to rights and personal liberties.
>>
>>38243115
>duty to inform
>Arizona
You want to know how I know youre full of shit?
>>
File: wreckingcrew.png (311 KB, 602x452)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
Remember when the popo didn't hassle people over guns and lived only to keep the groid and wetback population in check?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
>>
>>38246333
You need to go back to elementary school.
>>
>>38246275
>>38246280
There is a high correlation between not committing crime and cops not screwing with you. There is also a high level of correlation between committing crime and the cops screwing with you. Please do not commit crime.

>>38246333
Damn, that sucks. Way I see it though is that cops are like guns. It doesn't matter how powerful they are it matters who is using them. Giving cops the power to raid homes doesn't do anything until the people in charge of them tell them to raid yours. In your case, the school and teacher was to blame. Cops were just trying to do their jobs which was to do what the school called them for. Watch out for the people using the cops, not the cops themselves.
>>
>>38246392
If I ask you if you’re carrying you must answer truthfully. You’re right though, it’s not full blown duty to inform
>>
>>38246396
That shows sense of justice is hilarious. Train molester ignore it, violent criminal meh, some guy speeding oh its on now.
>>
>>38246026
Your analogies are so poor that my verbal SAT scores dropped from reading them.
>>
>>38246498
How's high school going for you?
>>
>>38246452
If you ask can't they just decline to answer you goose stepper?
>>
>>38246512
Not legally, if they lie and they get caught it’s false information to law-enforcement and misconduct involving weapons.
>>
>>38246512
Sure. Cop is going to get really suspicious though.

>"good evening my good friend. Have you murdered anyone today?"
>I refuse to answer that question officer
>"...please step out of the vehicle"
>>
>>38246154
>This is why anyone without 20 percent or darker tints all the way round is a sucker.
Okay, not you're just really being a fucking moron.
>>
>>38246509
Pretty good. Granted, I'm running about 10 years behind everyone else, but seems pretty easy so far.
>>
>>38243115
Are you highway?

I've been pulled over twice on the 17. First time he took my gun then gave it back minutes later after he realized I'm not a meth head. Second time it was the same guy and I told him I recognized him. He didn't give a shit about the gun and just let me go. Niether time did I get a ticket.
>>
>>38243115

INTERLACE
YOUR
FINGERS
AND
DO
THE
BARTMAN
OR
I
WILL
SHOOT
YOU
>>
>>38246033
>If you live in such a work crime area where you actually believe this I'm happy for you.

I worked in the shittiest parts of Seattle for 5 years, and now Spokane. I currently work in the heaviest gang area, and am assigned to the gang unit. I've been stabbed, I've had more guns and knives pulled on me than I can count.

>I have conducted numerous traffic stops where the driver or occupants had committed or were committing a crime and I was not aware of it until later.

Cool fucking story, until such time as you discover they have probable cause to believe they committed or are committing a crime, you don't have a right to violate their Constitutional rights. Especially fucking not for a routine fucking traffic stop.
>"I stopped you for going 36 in a 35, I have your ID so I already know your background. You willingly notified me that you have a CCW which implies heavily you are a law abiding citizen. But because I am a POLICE OFFICER PART OF THE THIN BLUE LINE and you are a fucking CIVILIAN, I must confiscate your legal firearm because I fear for my safety".

That's you.

>You don't get a warrant hit until after you've identified the occupants.

Yeah no shit. I've had about a dozen times where I had an armed dude with a warrant (usually FTA). Ask them to step out of the vehicle, explain what's going on, get them in to cuffs, relieve them of weapon. I don't treat them like I'm a power hungry faggot so each time they've been perfectly cooperative. Shit, I've pulled guns off fucking bangers the same way. But hey, I truly believe in helping my community rather than acting out some power fantasies so fuck me.

>I'm not afraid either. If they're normally we're not going to have any issues. If they're not I'm more than capable of handling it.

You obviously fucking are if your first react to a law abiding citizen notifying you of a CCW is "I NEED TO CONFISCATE THAT WEAPON CIVILIAN"

(1/2)
>>
>>38246033
(2/2)
>Sure, if they're normal. If they're a gamer you have absolutely zero say in how the situation goes. Whether they're compliant or whether you shoot them to death is up to them; not you.
>Its their fault I'm a pussy

Lol ok dude. If someone has a CCW, then the overwhelming odds is they haven't done shit and have a clean criminal record. If you approach someone with a calm and professional attitude, overwhelming odds is the interaction will go perfectly fine, even if they are a legit criminal.

I know exactly the type of cop you are. You're a "sheepdog", civilians can't be trusted, THIN BLUE LINE BRUTHER.

We're fucking American citizens just like everyone else. The badge doesn't make us better, it doesn't give us the right to shit over people's rights. If that attitude makes me more likely to take a bullet then so be it, I'd rather take that chance than tread over people's rights.
>>
>>38246033
>Normal people hand it right over and get it right back after I make sure they're actually normal
Lol I missed this.

"Normal" is fucking subjective. What you consider "normal" might not be what I do. It is insane that you take private property because someone isn't "normal".

You are unironically an authoritarian and I wouldn't shed a tear if you took a bullet. You and people like you are the reason I have to fight an uphill battle every day just to gain the trust of the community I work in.
>>
Funny enough ever stage bedsides my home state AZ they have never taken my gun. Utah asked where it was located. Wyoming didn't give a shit where it was and dropped my speed from 120 to 80. I really like Wyoming now.
>>
>>38246754
Funny enough ever state*
>>
>>38242905
>Officer asks for my licence
>"Just so you know I have CCL"
>"Are you armed?"
>"Yes I have a handgun on my right hip"
>"Make sure it stays there"
>"Ok"

Rest of the traffic stop went as normal.
>>
>>38244374
Because you not wearing a seatbelt raises insurance premiums for the fucking rest of us.
>>
>graduate degree
>wife
>children
>great career in public service
>work against gang and other urban violence to make more people productive members of society
>advocate for 2a and constitutional rights in a state that doesn't understand the importance of restricting govt.
>give to charities every year
>pay taxes wothout hiding assets/income
>vote for legislators that support law enforcement and 2a
>patriot

BUT

>also black and pretty large/decently swole
>sometimes not wearing a suit because god forbid I wear gym clothes to the gym
>pulled over regularly, always asked to get out of vehicle and detained for stupid periods of time while being instructed to recite the alphabet backwards while hopping on one foot
>cant EVER get a CC permit or LEOs will straight up fucking execute me like a dog on the highway no matter what I have done

We need to get LEOs in order if we're ever going to get firearm freedoms back on track. This shit needs to stop.
>>
File: 1502808981773.jpg (58 KB, 448x342)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>Hand Cop CCL with Driver's license
>Say nothing
>He looks at both.
>Looks at me.
>"Do you have your gun on you today sir?"
>>"Yes sir I do."
>"Alright well don't touch it and I won't touch mine, I'll be right back."
>Goes to car.
>Gives me a warning.

Really not a big deal.
>>
>>38243115
Chill on that taking the firearm thing, a local PD in my area got murdered in his home for that. Nobody likes it.
>>
>>38246689
>>38246701
Based WA cop. Too bad WA is getting gay laws, now.
>>
To the AZ police officer (enough you's, I think), you are the exact reason states eventually drop Duty-To-Inform laws. Congrats on making your fellow officers less safe down the line.
>>
>>38246954
Duty to inform is gay in the first place.
>>
>>38246754
>Utah asked where it was located. Wyoming didn't give a shit where it was and dropped my speed from 120 to 80. I really like Wyoming now.
Wyoming anon here. Even my local cops were more interesting in just talking about firearms than giving me the ticket.
>>
>>38246689
>>38246701
Officers like you will help people get over the stigma of bad cops. Hopefully I get through selection and see you on the road. Let's make Washington a better place.
>>
>>38244393
>who the fuck goes slow in pedestrian and school zones! Fuck em!
>>
>>38246932
What's scarier is that big agencies (Seattle and WSP) are actively recruiting people who support those laws. One of the reasons I left.
>>
>>38244374
you're still a literal absolute retard for risking a fine over absolutely nothing, brainlet
>>
>>38243115
>reddit spacing
LEO or not, you have to go back
>>
>>38246958
More dangerous for the officer and especially the citizen as well.
>>
>>38244218
there is an age limit for this board
>>
>>38244570
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>38246982
WSP is recruiting ANYONE who qualifies. I just want to get my 2-4 years of patrolling I-5 done and get to klickitat county.
>>
>>38247011
Honestly fuck WSP. Too many of the troopers I've worked with are too much like that AZfag.

It's like the bowties and stupid hats make them retarded.
>>
>>38245231
Yeah that's what I've been thinking lately.

I saw a vaporwaved up image of the founding fathers signing the declaration with the text "we would have already started shooting" and it's kind of set me into a weird headspace for the past few weeks.
>>
>>38247032
Hence why getting over to the east side is my goal. All the troopers over there are chill and know their shit. It's not the bowties and hats, it's I-5 corridor that makes them retarded.
>>
>>38246026
Go crash your car with and without a seatbelt alright?
>>
>>38247065
I dunno man the ones around us are either really chill older dudes, or statists in their own right.
>>
>>38247117
Sounds like an average government workplace.
>>
>>38244570

KEK.

Fake cop detected.
>>
>>38247234
want to believe but doubts
>>
>>38247008
You should go back there gungrabber.
>>
>>38244971

>Rice Island Armory
> nice
>>
>>38246318
Wrong, Faggot. You USED to be required. The law is still on the books, bit they removed the penalties and knocked the teeth out of it
>>
>>38243020
Brutal
>>
>>38247459
Different anon. That's great if you don't have a CHL or whatever they are calling it now. But if you do, that tidbit is coming up when they run your plate, and then you have to hope you haven't pissed off the police officer.
>>
>>38247459
So you're saying it's still required but there's no penalty if you don't? So that means... it's... still... required...
>>
>>38242905
Having a few members of the Canadian Hockey League in my car usually helps, good talks with the cops, but if shit goes bad they're gonna beat the hell outta somebody, so use some discretion.
>>
>>38245337
Who else does it physically hurt? You shouldn't be able to be arrested for hurting someone's feeling.
>>
>>38245327
>because this maybe might happen
>this is why you should be fined/arrested for doing something that does not harm another person
>>
>>38246860
>cant EVER get a CC permit or LEOs will straight up fucking execute me like a dog on the highway no matter what I have done
Why wouldn't you get one, ccw implies you pass a background check automatically

>>38247234
>>38247273
Based WA cop posts in the WA /k/ threads, I believe him even if I haven't met him
>>
>>38243115
Well, I want to like you because most of what you said sounds reasonable.

But the "take the firearm for the duration of our contact" is just something very likely to rub a lot of us the wrong way.

Most cops here in FL, where we don't even have to tell you we have one, respect it when we say something like "my registration is in the glove compartment, but I have a lawful firearm there also." At that point, they do one of two things. Most commonly, they just say to leave it where it is, they'll get my info from the tag. Sometimes, they'll open the glove box themselves and retrieve what is needed. Never had one touch my firearm.
I've had one cop nicely say to me, "I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours."
Fact is, they know when they ran your tag and pulled you over and before they got out of the car whether you are a problem child or not.
Just because I have a penis in my pants doesn't mean I'm about to rape someone with it. Insisting on exercising control over it is just escalating shit unnecessarily.
I've seen the same thing with traffic stops on Youtube. Guy stopped for speeding, NOT fleeing/eluding, cop gets out with hand on his pistol or worse, out and in the low ready position. That's just asking for trouble, as I have yet to see a law enforcement officer who has learned the primary rule of gun safety - keep your damn finger off the trigger until you're actually ready to fire. One mistake and shit goes bad fast, and you can bet that the story will be that I "reached" for something. I'm really resentful at any cop who's going to put me in a position like that. You might not care, but when the local county budget comes up it'll damn sure make me less likely to support the property tax increase for "public safety" that pays for your department.
Don't treat citizens like criminals automatically. It makes citizens sympathize with the criminals. You're literally creating anti-cop liberals every time you do shit like this.
>>
>>38246689
>>38246701
Listen, it's clear you're getting wound up over what is basic policing in AZ. There is absolutely zero cause to be acting as hysterically as you are and strawmanning as hard as you are. Why don't you take a few deep breaths.

>you don't have a right to violate their Constitutional rights
I am not, you may feel that I am but you are not supported in any way by case law.
>"I stopped you for going 36 in a 35...
This is a terrible strawman. I've already stated why I do what I do.

>If someone has a CCW, then the overwhelming odds is they haven't done shit and have a clean criminal record.
AZ has constitutional carry. The only way to determine if a person can legally possess a firearm is NCIC/ACIC. The vast majority of people do not have any CHL.

>If you approach someone with a calm and professional attitude, overwhelming odds is the interaction will go perfectly fine
Yes, that's exactly what I do.

>I know exactly the type of cop you are... etc, etc
At know point have I said any of this. You're making a lot of assumptions and strawmanning.

>>38246736
>"Normal" is fucking subjective.
You're right, I'm using the term "normal" simply to refer to people who are not felons. People who are prohibited from possessing a firearm didn't accidentally lose their rights. It is not normal to be a felon, it is not normal to be a tweaker; these people are the minority who professionally victimize the majority.

>>38246899
Source.

>>38246860
Are you a felon, a gang member, and/or does your car reek of weed? If not, where do you live that this is happening? I'd just do what I said I'd do above, what a waste of time for all the rest of that stuff.
>>
>>38245534
Treat the cops in AZ like you would any other gang. Leave them the fuck alone and hope they do the same to you, they do what they want wen they want and they can't be held accountable.
>>
>>38242905
In my state you must inform the cop that you have a CHL. It actually makes it easy on everyone. You say you have it, they ask if your carrying, if yes, you politely ask the cop how he wants to handle it. Never had a issue. got out a number of tickets with a warning that way.
>>
>>38246602

I'm glad that's how it went. It's normal for any cop coming out of ALEA.

>>38248066

>Fact is, they know when they ran your tag and pulled you over and before they got out of the car whether you are a problem child or not.
We don't assume the RO is the sole occupant or even an occupant at all. Once I see who I've got stopped I've got a pretty good idea but until the NCIC/ACIC comes back I don't know for certain who I'm dealing with and have been surprised; for lack of a better term, before.

>I've seen the same thing with traffic stops on Youtube... etc
Again, you're making a lot of assumptions about how this is all going. I'm not turning every stop into a high risk stop just because a gun is involved. I'm not calling for a K9 or multiple other units to back me up. I'm not seizing the firearm at gunpoint nor any of the other things we do to actual armed and dangerous persons.

I get it, I myself have been pulled over carrying twice before I was a cop and twice after I was a cop. I get it. But at no point have I stated I'm doing anything other than temporarily taking physical control of the detained person's firearm for the brief duration of our traffic stop; at the conclusion of which their firearm is returned in the same condition I received it.
>>
Not with a CHL, but I once was on the way back from a range trip and had a pile of guns on the back seat. AKs, ARs, durr guns, the works, in plain view.

Got pulled over for speeding. First thing I did was say "hey sir, if you hadn't noticed I have firearms in the back seat, how would you like to proceed?"

He was cool about it and wasn't fazed at all.

Still gave me a ticket for 8 mph over though. God dammit.
>>
>>38244971
You fucked up your greentext perspective Anon, are you the driver or the cop? JK, I know you're neither.
>>
>>38242905
>buy first gun, Shield
>driving through Indiana at 1 in the morning on way home from a trip I took it on
>finger fucking it to stay awake
>flashing lights, oh shit
>gun is supposed to be in case when transporting, out of reach, ect (no CCW)
>stuff it into its cardboard box while pulling over
>box tips and opens up
>looking for registration while preparing for death by cop
>sir any firearms with you, while gun is peeking out at us
>y-you t-too
They were actually really cool about it, would give IN police 9/10
>>
>>38248770
The hell are you talking about? It's perfectly understandable. And why would anyone make up such a mundane story?
>>
>>38248352
Stop touching people's shit, you faggot.
>>
>>38248842
Yes they are
Turned in my form 1 to my CLEO yesterday.
Walked into his office introduced myself etc, handed it to him and told him what it was and he immediately put it into his shredder
>>
>>38244218
Fuck off lve had nothing but good interactions with AZ cops even when lve been on the wrong side if the law
>>
File: DIBCK6hXkAIDaHh.jpg (31 KB, 611x594)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>38242905
>>38242927
>drive slower you asshole
I've gotten out of so many tickets that the cops on my route too and from work don't even stop my car any more. When they did stop me I just showed them my badge and they let me go
>>
>>38243115
fucking gun grabber. I hope you get hit by a semi.
>>
>>38244600
source for what? my personal anecdote?
>>
>>38248352
> But at no point have I stated I'm doing anything other than temporarily taking physical control of the detained person's firearm
Cool beans, bro, but duty to inform has maybe 5-10 years, because one of your coworkers is not going to be so level headed.

You guys are like pitbull terriers. I know it's all about how you train them, but I don't know for certain who I'm dealing with until usually after our business is concluded.
>>
>>38246439
Who hasn't committed a crime?

https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
>>
>>38244185
carrying a rifle is legal almost everywhere in freedomland
>>
File: 1523784162129.gif (145 KB, 178x188)
145 KB
145 KB GIF
>>38242905
>1st time
Was 2 weeks after I got my license. I was going to a friends house and I got caught out in the middle of an intersection when the light turned red, so I went. Got pulled over for that and freaked the fuck out. Then he tried to tell me my tags were expired, but they were good for another 2 months. followed me another half mile with his lights on, only for me to pull over and ask what the issue was, and he said " oh, no issue" and sped off.

>2nd time
tailight was out when I went to pick up my brother from his GFs house. no ticket, was less than 10 minutes

>3rd time
Was in Yosemite when I got pulled over for a busted license plate light. What was supposed to be a pleasant stop turned into me, my friend, and my truck being searched for weapons because my friend left his knife on the dash. Found 2 guns in the back (although I told them about them, so it was all cool), and had to sit on the front of the police car for a good half hour. Cops were ok about it, and we talked about guns and cars for the most part

>4th time
Pulled over for doing 88 in a 65. First ever ticket, have it tacked to my wall.
>>
>>38242905
I'm a big brown nigga so cops are usually nervous around me to begin with.
>>
>>38242905

This took me to YouTube 'sovereign citizen' vids

Holy shit these are entertaining
>>
File: F U infinity.gif (178 KB, 480x480)
178 KB
178 KB GIF
>>38243115
You're one of those coward cops with an itchy trigger finger. I don't care as much about you taking the 0, but the fact you racially profile too makes you a shit human being.
For shame.
>>
>>38249828

>race not mentioned
>racially profile

You've never had to deal with the public I bet. "Piece of shit" isn't race related and pretty easy to identify,
>>
>>38249950
I can infer what you said.
But okay.
>>
File: 1554172399021.jpg (233 KB, 740x740)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>38243115
Honestly did not even know that cops do this in AZ, I haven't ever been pulled over while carrying yet.
>>
>>38247377
I knew it wasn't a nice 1911. I'm assuming that he was either not too familiar with them or was just being friendly.

>>38248770
I was the driver, obviously. What was confusing about it?
>>
>>38245964
you posted this before mane

it wasn’t any more interesting the other times

hope you do something productive today
>>
File: 1528874194574.jpg (409 KB, 1000x1000)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>38244727
I get where you're coming from but you've clearly never been in the military. Calling a handgun a weapon was an important part of appropriate nomenclature. We don't fire bullets out of guns we fire rounds out of our weapons. Being specific and calling things rifles and sidearms and shells, cartridges and so on was a tenant that I'll never grow out of.if it makes a police officer antsy then that might be your problem and I get your point. But that person should have chosen another line of work if that's the case.
>>
>>38251319
using proper nomenclature and words is a good tenant
>>
>>38244570
Most people understand that in the vast majority of circumstances, killing a cop will make them vastly worse.
>>
>>38246701
I like you man. Next time you on the west side, Jefferson ct, come on thru
>>
Once. Fucking faggot pig gave me a bullshit speeding ticket anyway.
>>
>>38246009
Congrats, you learned the hard way to never, ever under any circumstances consent to a search.
>>
>>38242905

I got pulled over when moving, had over 20 guns. Followed all state laws and still ended in cuffs.
>>
>>38246293
K9 detection is a farce. You give a dog a treat when he signals and suddenly that's PC, because a dog wants a fuckin' treat.
>>
>>38247234
>>38247273

I'll be at Cleveland and Rebecca in Spokane for the next 45 minutes, bring donuts pls
>>
>>38244374
Well... People can act as projectiles and smash into other passengers inside of the vehical. One of my fave LiveLeak series is "Bodies flying out of cars"

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3aa_1487937264
>>
>>38246550
declining to answer a question isn't lying, Hitler Youth.
>>
>>38246860
It's on both sides. Cops are inherently sketch around blacks because they commit the majority of violent crime and are most likely to kill police. Blacks are sketch around police because various reasons. Once there is mutual suspicion it gets worse.

It's a feedback loop that can't be broken until we fully embrace COP policies AND the black community moves away from degenerate behavior.
>>
>>38248220
Yeah, fuck me for getting worked up over statists that give all cops a shitty name, and make my job harder.

I unironically hope the next person you try to "seize" a gun from puts a bullet between your eyes.
>>
Master Race WA state no duty to inform, but ever since I became a good boy and restored my firearm rights and got my ccw permit I have not been pulled over. Going on 10 years now. My car is also very cop friendly looking. If I do get pulled over I would inform if on my own time in my own car. If I'm on company time and company vehicle I would not inform.
>>
>>38243115
>Normies, please keep your hands on the wheel until I tell you to get something.
Weird, I've always gotten out of my car and challenged cops to an old west shoot out.

Has worked every time.
>>
>>38243020
REKT
E
K
T
>>
File: 1489128479008.jpg (24 KB, 480x318)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>38243115
>>38244570
So are you two gonna fuck or what?
>>
>Officer gets out, says, "Sir, do you have a gun in the car?"
>>
>>38242905
>living in a state that requires you to have a CHL to drive around with a firearm
TN just lets me drive around loaded 24/7 bitch nigga.
>>
>>38242905
I dont have a chl but we have constitutional carry in my state
>got pulled over for doing a burnout
>gun in the center console
>kept hands on wheel
>informed officer that there was a gun in the console
>told me he wanted to take possession of it during the stop
>no probskies, step out per his instructions and allow him to take it back to his car
>comes back after a bit with just a warning
>hands gun back without magazine
>lays magazine on roof and asks me to leave it there until he has pulled away
>no probskies
>>
>>38251239

fuck this faggot i enjoyed the story
>>
>>38251788
Jesus H Christ, how I hate that fucking ad.
>>
>>38243115
>i will illegally take your gun
>i will shoot you just for taking your hands off your wheel
Yep sounds like a pig alright.
>>
How many cops have been shot by someone in a car after being calmly informed by that person that they have a firearm?
>>
>>38243115
>gang member/rapscallion
Those aren't actually crimes that you can convict people of. Quit stealing people's guns.
>>
>>38243115
Actually Arizona does not have duty to inform, but you are required to tell police if they ask.

www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

Regardless, from every cop I've ever talked to (quite a few at my gym), they prefer if it you tell them.

>Hey officer I am carrying my concealed weapon, what would you like me to do?
>Keep one hand on the wheel and slowly remove it with the other
or
>Step out and I'll remove it from your holster
or
>Thanks for letting me know, just leave it
All reasonable.

Arizona cops are actually pretty cool, I've met quite a few at Ben Avery.
>>
>>38251869
Phillip Castille comes to mind. Not sure if you count John Crawford III since he was only carrying a pellet gun off the rack in a Walmart and they shot him without a verbal warning.
>>
>>38251957
>Philando Castille
didn't get a single round off while he was being executed.
>>
>>38251989
Don't know why he had to hand over that ID so badly though.
>>
>>38250240

It's completely normal in AZ and you'll be absolutely fine.

Only on /k/ does anyone care about this or say they're going to literally turn this into the hill they choose to die on.

In the real world it's
>you commit a violation
>lights
>you pull over to the right
>I contact you
>I ask if you have any weapons in the vehicle
>You inform me truthfully
>If they're in your immediate physical control I temporarily take them
>I get your license, insurance, and registration
>I return to my vehicle
>I decide to give you a warning or a citation
>I return to you and explain the warning or citation
>I return your weapons
You're on your way in 3-5 minutes if we don't engage in anything beyond this.
>>
>>38251319
What in the fuck happened in the top right? Is that that house where the police or FBI dropped a fucking literal bomb on a neighborhood because they were chasing a guy?
>>
>>38252071
I'd guess a gas or meth lab explosion. There was a huge household gas explosion in Indie several years back.
>>
>>38252044
> If they're in your immediate physical control I temporarily take them.
How does that work with conceal carry? If appendix, do you just ask them to hand it over? If 4 o'clock, do make them unbuckle their seat belt and step out? Do you take the pistol or make them take off their belt and completely remove the holster?
>>
File: 1521873686389.jpg (60 KB, 468x510)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>38244624
>The same people who refer to non-LE as "civilians"
blegh
>>
>>38244790
Mufucka you gotta learn how to google for these things. "missouri duty to inform ccw"

The answer, by the way, is no. Missouri is not a duty to inform state.

source: www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf
>>
>>38252044

And for those 3-5mins your completely defenseless against a well armed man who has the legal ability to victimize you and get away with it.

Disarming someone always seems trivial when your the one doing the disarming. You really have lost touch with citizens haven't you?
>>
>>38248220
Catch a bullet you fuck.
>>
>>38245481
>>38245257
You have two daddies, son. You're a faggot, born and bred.
>>
File: 1488327626352.jpg (13 KB, 225x211)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>38245397
pffft, kek
>>
>>38244721
>you don't need insurance on them

Not true in the US.
>>
Cop:
>License and insurance etc.
Me:
>Okay, before I reach for my wallet I wanna let you know I have a pistol in a holster on my right hip.
Cop:
>Okay just reach past it slowly please.

And that was the extent that the gun was even relevant.
>>
>>38251839

>i will shoot you just for taking your hands off your wheel
At no point did I ever say that or even come close to implying it. In every place where there is law enforcement in the entire world it is in your best interest to not engage in furtive movements during a traffic stop. This is not a phenomenon.

>>38251874

You're absolutely right but they're things that clue me in to investigating that person so I can discover what felony they have committed, are committing, or will be committing.

>>38251920

Yeah, I freely acknowledge I misspoke.

Yep, that's how it goes in the real world. You'll be absolutely fine.

>>38252102

Whatever is easiest/safest for both of us, situation dictates.

>>38252174

I don't victimize anyone unless you view the traffic stop as victimization in which case we are in fundamental disagreement.
>>
>>38252226
>if I decide someone has committed a felony, they have and I will find it.

seriously, put your service weapon to your temple and pull the trigger.
>>
>>38252226
> Whatever is easiest/safest for both of us, situation dictates.
Wut? How have you not had someone hand over a chambered Glock 19 at this point? And isn't that risk as fuck?
>>
>>38252003
You have serious reading comprehension issues.
>>
>>38245964
>>38245973
>>38245980
>>38245993
>>38246009
Just a heads up anon, North Carolina is a duty to inform state - that's why he freaked out when you told him you had a gun after the start of the traffic stop (or whatever they'd call that encounter).

Virginia isn't.
>>
>>38245980
>As he's pulling knives and everything else off me, "WHY do you have all this stuff?!"
>"I like weapons, sir."
>[SPEECH FAILED]
>"YOU LIKE WEAPONS?!"
Kek. Should've rolled with it, "yeah guns are tight"
>>
>>38252267
It's because I'm illeterate. I expect to have the vowels down by next week though.
>>
>>38252239
>gang members and other criminals continue to commit more crimes and are doing them right now
News at 11.

>>38252248
I'm not understanding your confusion. I grab the Glock, follow the rules of firearm safety, and it does not go off. Only if either of us enters the realm of gross negligence or worse does any risk occur.
>>
>>38243115
That's not the hill I choose to die on; it is the hill you're choosing to die on, you filthy fucking swine.
>>
File: 1522614052499.jpg (28 KB, 549x442)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>38246033
>If they're a gamer you have absolutely zero say in how the situation goes
Was that a typo?
>>
>>38252321

Good luck.

>>38252322

Gamer in the police lexicon has an entirely different meaning. It typically refers to a violent offender who is aware of law enforcement SOPs/tactics and is prepared to exploit them full and violently resist if necessary.

Here's what traffic stop with a gamer looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlzW6iVrRA
>>
>>38252317
> I follow the rules of firearm safety, and it does not go off. Only if either of us enters the realm of gross negligence or worse does any risk occur.
I feel like, statistically speaking, you're more likely to eat an accidental round off some negligent Glock owner than from a meth head at this rate.
>>
>>38242982
>They just want to do what they have to and go back to playing on their phone in their cruiser. Make it easy and they won't hassle you.
Phone posting in my cruiser to confirm this.
Regards to CHLs - I'll cut people a break as long as their records don't reflect a long record of shitbaggery and scofflaw and they're courteous.
Won't get you out of Jack shit if I stop your riceburner blasting a long monotone fart out the exhaust and am met with "whatchu stoppin me for, fuckin pigs"

Anyone who cares - this is how you indicate to me that you're a law-abiding dude who doesn't want any trouble and doesn't want to give me any -
Pull over promptly as far to the right as you can
Roll down all your windows
Turn off the ignition
Turn on the dome light
Keep your hands on the steering wheel, don't reach around at stuff in your glove compartment, under your seats, etc
>Good morning officer, I have a concealed carry permit and a firearm in my ________
>Alright, just don't reach for it. Do you know why I'm stopping you?
Depending on how severe your violation is, "I'm honestly not sure, sir" or "I guess I was going a bit fast, sir" (don't tell me you don't know why if I got you going 40 over, for fucks sake)
>registration, license, and insurance please.
>sure, it's in my glove compartment and wallet
Your record comes back with no warrants and no extensive record, I tell you to drive safe and maybe give you a written warning if not just a verbal one, and everybody goes on their way happy.

Your mileage may vary since some cops really are dicks, or some will write you even if you're bending over backwards to be polite, and some violations I'm obligated by law to take action on.
>>
>>38252378
> This is how you indicate to me that you're a law-abiding dude who doesn't want any trouble and doesn't want to give me any
I appreciate that you think you're helping, but God damn if this doesn't make you guys sound like feral dogs. "Don't make any sudden moves. They might startle and attack."
>>
>>38252378
>I'll cut people a break as long as their records don't reflect a long record of shitbaggery and scofflaw and they're courteous.
This is harassment.
>>
>>38246512
The legal requirement is "if they ask, you must tell them". If they never ask, you don't need to say. If they ask and you lie (and then they find out) you'll get whatever charge that is.
>>
>>38252420
You won't get shot if you reach for something, but if I ask you to keep your hands in sight and you don't listen, I'm going to be that much more edgy and that much more likely to think you're an ass. Either way, put yourself in my shoes - I don't know you, I don't know if or where you have weapons, and I don't know your intent. I'd rather you not go reaching into nooks and crannies I can't see.
>>38252426
I can't harass you into habitually not using your blinkers, not renewing your registration, not insuring your car, or speeding. If you've gotten these summonses enough times that it stands out to me on your record, then it indicates to me that you just don't care about the law, and are thus a scofflaw deserving of it.
Flipside, if you've been driving 20 years and have a squeaky clean record, it tells me that you probably really didn't see the speed limit change.
Bonus points: if you victimize other people with violent crimes, you're a shitbag who doesn't deserve a break, but you wouldn't have a CHL at that point either.
>>
>>38251761
If I ever find myself in AZ I'll put a round through his balls and explain how I feared for my life.
>>
>>38252420
Because people like him unironically are.

The most basic fucking thing they teach us at academy and hammer in FTO is not to stand in the car window. If you're doing it right, you can see fine and it's damn near impossible for someone to twist around and get some shots off before you can react.

But authoritarian fags like him like to feel completely in control, and so (ironically) INCREASE risk by pulling people out of cars to confiscate private property from law abiding citizens.

Responsible stop;
>Someone does something
>WeeWoo
>Hello license/registration/proof of insurance
>Thanks anything in your vehicle that could harm me?
>Ok you've got a gun cool, give me a second I'll be right back
>Beep boop NCIC/WACIC
>Ok all set carry on sir

Fuck, even the times I get hits
>Call another officer
>Reapproach with cover
>Hey man we got an issue, can you step out for me
>Close enough to physical control if need be
>Hang tight I'm putting you in cuffs for your safety and mine
>Disarm, explain warrant, etc
>Either arrest and transport or cut them lose (if it turns out to be non extraditable)

Done it a dozen times, turns out even hardened criminals won't be aggressive retards if you don't act like your badge is a dick substitute.
>>
>>38242927
Pussy.
>>
>>38246960
They were probably just happy to encounter another person at all
>>
>>38246860
Seems to me that most cops (in non-authoritarian shithole states) prefer dealing with CCWs who notify them that they're carrying a weapon.

I mean, the implication I've heard from most police is "if you have a CCW, you must have at least some degree of competency and why the fuck would you get one if you were just going to be breaking the law anyway"
>>
File: smug.jpg (111 KB, 640x435)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>38252111
I work in a prison but it's just to differentiate between inmates, COs, and people who aren't criminals.
>>
>>38248220
For what it's worth, while I agree with the people telling you not to take guns, I understand it from your perspective; remove the gun from the equation and there's no chance at all of someone getting shot.

My only issue with it is that if someone (politely) informs you that they have a gun, that by itself should be an indication that they aren't interested in breaking the law or shooting you. If I were a criminal, I would absolutely lie to you if you asked, and if you didn't ask, I wouldn't bring it up. I mean, what kind of criminal would inform you in that situation?

Out of curiosity is this standard training for cops in AZ? I know Mesa teaches their boys in blue to shout conflicting commands and mag dump once someone is complying, but I'd hope training isn't like that in other areas.
>>
>>38252970
>not calling them normies
what a faggot
>>
>>38248949
That seems like a lot of paperwork to just throw out immediately

Also wouldn't you need that documentation if you were pulled over and a cop saw some NFA shit in your back seat?
>>
>>38252730
If WA got Constitutional Carry where CHLs were no longer required and the only way to determine if someone could or could not legally carry was checking their record would you disarm people you had detained?
>>
>>38251957
I think you misread the post you were replying to, neither of those situations were a person informing an officer that they have a gun and then shooting the officer.
>>
>>38252372
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I don't feel too bad about cops (or other felons, or regular citizens) killing retards like that guy.
>>
>>38252595
>it tells me that you probably really didn't see the speed limit change.
Jokes on you pig, I was deliberately going 3 over in the hopes that I could blast a 1st grader with my dually
>>
>>38248220
>AZ has constitutional carry. The only way to determine if a person can legally possess a firearm is NCIC/ACIC. The vast majority of people do not have any CHL.

This is circular logic, if they were a felon they can just lie to you about having a weapon. You can still only carry if you are legally able to, and if someone volunteers that they're carrying when they don't have to, do you really think that is a preamble to a shootout?

I used to live in AZ and I know there are a lot of tweakers and general shit heads but there are lots of normal people that carry and I think virtually anyone would be pissed if you disarmed them for some dumb routine traffic stop so you can feel safe while making your shitty quotas.

Please tell us what area you work for so I can kek if I remember the reputation of the PD there
>>
File: 1510373209672.jpg (20 KB, 334x249)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>38252988
This, seriously
>>
>>38252982

If they're law abiding absolutely zero issues will arise and yes I do take being informed about weapons and compliance with my lawful orders as major indications the person I'm dealing with is not a criminal. Until I run my NCIC/ACIC checks I don't know for certain but this is a good litmus test. Criminals do inform me from time to time they are carrying but it's significantly less likely which is precisely what makes this a good litmus test.

So how do I differentiate from an unarmed person who is law abiding or criminal who is lying? The NCIC/ACIC check.

If a person tells me they have no weapons and they're criminal background is nonexistent or inconsequential I take them at their word and a normal traffic stop occurs.

If they have an extensive criminal history I am going to treat them as if they're lying to me and investigate them because they are criminals and that's what criminals do.

This is absolutely standard for anyone coming out of ALEA which is the major LE trainer for the State. Mesa has their own academy, I don't know what they teach there.
>>
>>38253160
>I don't know what they teach there.
Mag dumps, anon. Mag dumps.
>>
>>38253155
There doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm about answering>>38251869

As >>38253160 describes it, asking is an effective investigative tool.
>>
File: 1526802790826.jpg (12 KB, 251x242)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>38252372
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlzW6iVrRA
>cops are patient and reasonable
>guy still tries to murder them
And now we have two more cops that will never give another civilian the benefit of the doubt.

At least he's dead, but damn.
>>
>>38244570
Uh D.C. cop here, I'm 100% going to take your weapon from you until i can verify who you are, if the weapon is legit and not a M&P with a missing serial. Anyone who says otherwise is a an idiot and if they're an officer then they probably don't have any genuine calls to service.
>>
>>38253155

>do you really think that is a preamble to a shootout?
No, it's a fantastic indicator this will be a safe stop and that's exactly why I ask. Is it guaranteed? No, which is why I take the weapon and return it after the NCIC/ACIC check.

>I think virtually anyone would be pissed
Every AZ cop does this. The only outrage I've heard regarding this is on /k/ which is an infinitesimally small portion of the firearms community. In all my years I can only recall of one negative experience a normie had regarding this SOP and it was told to me third hand when I went through the academy.

>quotas
We don't have quotas.
>>
File: 1526633916412.png (57 KB, 223x246)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>38253210
You're just butt blasted because he's from the better washington
>>
>>38253219
Anything is better than Washington D.C. but when you have 15 man with calls a day and multiple car jacking's you wouldn't last long if someone told you they had a gun and you walk back to your car to check them and find they have a warrant.
>>
>>38253242
Honest question though, why the fuck do you live there? That shithole has a murder rate like 4 times higher than the rest of the country.
>>
>>38252378
>I'll cut people a break as long as their records don't reflect a long record of shitbaggery and scofflaw and they're courteous.
Yet again it's as if you don't even understand the laws you claim to enforce. A CHL in AZ literally substitutes for the NICS background check when buying a gun so bottom line they're fucking clean, stop acting like you're "giving them some leeway," crime by CHL holders is virtually non-existent because surprise surprise, it requires a background check and some degree of effort of going out of one's way to comply with the law

>Written warning
What kind of person even does this

>>38252982
Cops are pretty loathed throughout AZ but of course not all are bad

>>38253147
>33+ posting
>>
>>38253253
I live out of the area but commute, good benefits and honestly its a lot of fun
>>
>>38252982
Guns aren't out of the equation. It's just that only one person risks being shot.
>>
>>38253260

AZ has constitutional carry, I haven't seen a CHL in 6-7 years.
>>
>>38253214
>No, it's a fantastic indicator this will be a safe stop and that's exactly why I ask. Is it guaranteed? No, which is why I take the weapon and return it after the NCIC/ACIC check.
Wait so when your little "litmus test" tells you it's a safe stop, you disarm the person which increases the likelihood of an ND. Fucking brilliant

>Every AZ cop does this. The only outrage I've heard regarding this is on /k/ which is an infinitesimally small portion of the firearms community. In all my years I can only recall of one negative experience a normie had regarding this SOP and it was told to me third hand when I went through the academy.
No, not every AZ cop does this... They might ask but not everyone disarms...
>>
>>38253278
Yes I am aware that AZ has constitutional carry as i used to be a resident of AZ
My point is not that CHL's are common in AZ my point is that it makes no sense to disarm a CHL holder when you know they are almost assuredly a law abiding citizen
>>
File: 1528774550634.jpg (76 KB, 520x519)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Because this thread seems to have drug all the "peace officers" out...

Should we bring back American Gladiator but instead of regular people it's cops, and instead of tennis ball cannons everyone has real guns? I think it'd be a net win for everyone.
>>
File: fallacy_proof_burden.jpg (69 KB, 709x500)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>38248220
>Using 'strawman' every other word to discredit another police officer that isn't a statist power hungry boot licker

Pic somewhat related. You're flipping the ebil strawman onto the other guy when you literally strawman everyone with a CCW
>>
>>38253286

Yes, because despite it being a good indicator it isn't a guarantor.

>ND
I obey the rules of firearm safety and no ND occurs. Guns do not go off on their own.

>No, not every AZ cop does this.
If they follow their training which they received at ALEA, they do.
>>
>>38253262
You ever participate in one of those pre-dawn no-knock raids where you get to kill everyone in the house while "searching for contraband"?

That does sound like fun.
>>
>>38253300
If you're missing it, the assumption is that everyone isn't until you know somehow that they aren't..
>>
>>38253300

At no point did he even mention disarming CHL holders.
>>
>>38253315
No, unless it’s a felony we can’t do warrants after 10pm and before 6pm. We honestly have our hands tied behind our backs more often than not. We literally will be reprimanded if we shoot someone whose not actively pointing a weapon at us. Whether anything comes of it is another story but no, we don’t shoot people without reason.
>>
>>38253316
Which is a strange assumption to make considering that the overwhelmingly vast majority of encounters non-SWAT police have are with regular, law-abiding citizens.
>>
File: 1526398382981.jpg (187 KB, 640x640)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>38253315
I really hope you don't plan on becoming a cop.
>>
>>38243115
assuming this is even true, isn't this unsafe for the officer? If I were the officer, I would NOT want the guy I'm pulling over to draw his weapon for any reason. much rather it stay holstered.
>>
>>38253346
Dc anon, we would ask them to step out of the vehicle and then ask them where it is and retrieve it ourselves
>>
>>38253307

If I were to literally strawman everyone with a CCW upon being informed they had a gun I would draw, press my gun to their head, tell them not to move, shoot them if they moved, call for backup, have backup disarm them while I keep my gun to their head, have backup handcuff them, and then I would continue to conduct my traffic stop with them now that I was absolutely, completely, and 100% safe.

But I don't because I don't literally strawman everyone with a CCW and that's not really an accurate assessment of what is standard practice in AZ.
>>
>>38253346

Whatever is easiest/safest for both of us, situation dictates.
>>
>>38253327
>Regards to CHLs - I'll cut people a break as long as their records don't reflect a long record of shitbaggery and scofflaw and they're courteous.
Won't get you out of Jack shit if I stop your riceburner blasting a long monotone fart out the exhaust and am met with "whatchu stoppin me for, fuckin pigs
>>
>>38253442
My favorite is “don’t you have anything better to do?” Instant fucking ticket for anything i can find
>>
>>38253442

Where does he mention disarming in that?
>>
>>38253451
Lets say you pull over someone who used to be a criminal. They are polite and cooperative. How far in their past does the criminal history need to be; if ever, for you to treat them like a normal person again?
>>
>>38253487
It truthfully depends on what the crimes are.
>>
>>38253487
And that’s not to make it sound off, i treat everyone the same in every encounter but i stay a lot more guarded when it comes to people with histories etc. even with a simple conversation
>>
>>38253496
Lets say the current crime is a simple traffic violation. Lets say the past violations were extensive gang history and all that entails.
>>
>>38253504
Extensive gang ties? Depends on the gang, the area i stopped them in and the the vehicle. Most likely if they’re known affiliated with a gang and aren’t being forthcoming with me about questions regarding the stop, the vehicle is very tinted but most likely because they have an affiliation anyways I’m going to order them out of the vehicle and do a frisk and see what i can with plain view. If there’s nothing then i send them on their way with a ticket or a warning depending on their demeanor or the violation
>>
>>38246981
I think pedos tend to slow down near schools
>>
>>38244971
>WHP
>let him know I have a gun
>He replies "no shit, it's wyoming, just don't shoot me with it"
>Doesn't give me a ticket because wyoming plates
>pulls out and pulls over a U-tard doing 95 in the 75
Police in Wyoming (excepting the res) are pretty great.
>>
>>38253452
Friendo, his whole argument has been that he universally disarms people regardless of any circumstances

He mentions how he cuts slack for CHL holders if they don't have a history of "shitbaggery and scofflaw" which suggests to me he doesn't even know the laws he is enforcing since these people have clean records by default.

I also argue that disarming a compliant CHL holder is dumb because they virtually never commit crimes and he even admits that in his view it doesn't matter, granted CHL's are rare in AZ
>>
>>38245203
>Im officially at do not comply with anything I dont legally have to
How much should I bet you don't know what you legally have to comply with?
>>
>>38245256
In Wyoming, 63% of traffic fatalities are of people not wearing their seatbelts, and with the highest traffic fatality rate in the country, that is significant. You owe it to your family not to get yourself mulched because you hit a light pole at forty miles an hour and died a completely preventable death. And, of course, no one wants to see your dumb, mangled corpse hanging out of your windshield. Not to mention of course the much higher likelihood of you surviving a crash, but losing a limb out the window because you weren't strapped in, so have fun being many times more likely to become a cripple.
>>
>>38253545
He's not the AZ cop.
>>
>>38246512
It's not incriminating evidence, it's not protected by the fifth, so if you somehow end up in trouble during that stop and did not inform them, they may be able to charge you for it.
>>
>>38253260
>Written warning
Shows up on a record when your driver's license is run. No penalty, no points - but the next cop who stops you will see it.
If you were warned last week for some bullshit and get caught doing it again, you get what's coming to you.

>>38253451
>Don't you have anything better to do?
>...Don't you? You should know better.

>>38253545
Not the same cop as whichever one you're pissed at. I don't disarm people, so you can stop beating your dick against the keyboard.
In any case, I don't even work in AZ, but consider that it's completely possible for somebody to get a CHL or CCW, then do something they shouldn't and end up with a warrant.

>>38253487
The scummier the crimes are, the more scorn I hold. Sex crimes, robbery, felonious assault, I don't forgive. Everything else, depends on what, when, and how often.
>>
>>38244403
>expired tags
American laws make no sense, you have to renew license like once a week (twice on Sunday) when sensible countries require renewal once in a decade, frigging tags expiring *AT ALL*, in half of states cops can't run your plates without probable cause & as such you need to keep your physical license, the registration and even fucking proof of insurance with you, can't have an open container in a PRIVATE VEHICLE...

And then we have the American people: with all of the above which laws do Americans have a problem with? The one about having to use a seat belt.
>>
>>38253632
taxes, nigger. Gotta figure out how to tax the locals somehow. Car-related taxes are buckets of fun
>regular "inspections" that you have to do
>regular "emissions tests" that charge far more than should be necessary
>direct car taxes, where you pay an annual tax on the percentage of your car's value

Of course, there's usually an underlying reasoning that's good at its core that led to the creation of these policies. But any time you have anything involving money, the state's going to figure out a way to fuck you the most so they can get the most money out of it. It's exactly what happened with red light cameras and speed cameras.
>>
>>38246689
Ah Spokane, a place only known for tweakers, Rachel Dolezal, and hoopfest
>>
>>38252595
I don't know you either, Piggie. All I know is that you're a member of a huge gang and that you think you're justified in using force in response to nonviolent """crimes"""".

Neck yourself.
>>
>>38246860
I don't believe it.
>>
>>38250021
Sensitive much?
Not a cop but I am a city worker. If you see so many assholes that look one way you start to suspect everyone that looks that way. Maybe it’s wrong legally but it’s a damn good way to keep yourself safe.
>>
>>38243051
I don’t either in my state, but I do because I keep a gun permanently in my car. The last thing I want is for a cop to somehow catch a glimpse of it unaware and draw on me. I usually just tell them I’m in possession of a concealed firearm and where it is and how would they like me to proceed. They’re usually super grateful and chill after that.
>>
>>38242905
Just once.

>Vermont pre-S.55 retardation
>Muh Constitutional carry
>Ruger SR9 carry
>No duty to inform
>Pulled over for going 38 in a 25 (fucking hills).
>Female officer
>Asked out of blue if I had weapons
>Politely informed officer to suck ass and topic dropped
>No warning, cunt officer ticketed me $100.00 for daring to accidentally drive 15 over down a hill.

I fucking hate small Vermont towns and their useless, bored, officers. That's why I fucked off to New Hampshire the minute the S.55 farce was passed.

Fuck them.
>>
File: IMG_3652.jpg (1.71 MB, 4032x3024)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>Heading to work one morning
>EMT, full uniform, county EMS jacket on
>Speed limit 50, but through this little rural town the speed limit is 35, with some train tracks near the edge of town
>Thought once you crossed the train tracks it goes back to 50mph bc rural highway
>Unmarked Charger coming towards me, notice the grille lights and give a little wave as we pass
>Glance in my mirror, motherfucker is cutting his codes on and busting a U-Turn
>wat.mp3
>I was already a good distance away, but there was nobody else on the road so I figured he was definitely coming for me.
>Pull over to the right, sure enough he pulls up behind me
>No CHL because I was 20 at the time, but my state allows open carry at 18 so I had my SD9 sitting on the dash
>Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going in that 35 back there?"
>Me: "Oh...I was definitely doing 50, I thought once you crossed the tracks the limit went back up."
>"Yeah I clocked you twice, the first time you were going 50, the second time you were going 52"
>"Yeah I didn't get on the brakes at all because I thought I was doing the right thing, you know?"
>"You headed to work?"
>"Yeah I work for county EMS, I'm on my way to base right now to hop on the truck."
>"Okay, let's see your license and registration."
>"No problem, my pistol is here on the dash. I have to reach past it to get to the glove box, do you want me to step out, or am I good?"
> Cop shrugs "I don't care."
>Reach over, get my paperwork, hand it to him
>"Okay i'll be right back with your ticket."
>Fucker didn't even give me the 50MPH clock, he just HAD to tack on that extra 2mph and write me for 52.
>Get a lawyer, get it reduced to equipment failure and pay a $25 fine, since equipment related charge no points on license or insurance
>All that bullshit from that cop and the court system lets me walk away for free basically.

What a fag.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.