[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1506666476147.jpg (1.69 MB, 3554x1999)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Diver edition

Old thread: >>39119405

LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

https://pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Not if you aren't prepared for it
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do fuckloads of work

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

Discord: https://discord.gg/hmnCCTb

ASVAB for Dummys
https://mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf
>>
File: 1518412823793.png (93 KB, 500x599)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>39134496
tfw ywn be underway on a sub
>>
File: combat ready.png (4 KB, 480x96)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
I'm sad and gay, but also --most importantly-- incredibly salty and a four-year "vet" of the naval reserve of Canada with a couple of local sails under my belt in an actual first-world force. I'll freely admit I'm not great at my job, and I've never been directly shot at, but that's what training and work-ups and all manner of other drills are for. most people don't get shot at and most people get time to drill on their legacy shit for promotions' sake

>>39134496
>nontraditional injuries
>things other than bullet holes and tinitius
somewhere between 108% and 666% of military injuries are the same as equivalent industrial injuries. Most people lose fingers when line handling, get impaled by forklifts, or just develop bad backs from bad lifting form or lifting too much even with good form.

Always ALWAYS fill out a CF 98 if you get injured, ask for witnesses, and even ask for one even if you just handle hazardous material. "Hazardous" including things as simple as "water that has had poop in it" or "a box that is pretty darn big i had to put down a ladder". I don't know the yankee equivalent document, but there is almost definitely a form to fill immediately upon either suffering injury or suffering a situation likely to develop into injury soon
>>
>>39134627
ah yes, not even owning your own bed while breathing nothing but recycled farts. your superior is probably a rapist, too.

I've heard that as much as people fuck like rabbits on ship, people fuck like caged dogs on subs
>>
Has anyone ever known any Pararescuemen/PJ's?

What's the general opinion/view of PJ's in the rest of the military?
>>
>>39134681
You're not getting in as that, fatass.
>>
File: rwojack4.jpg (40 KB, 443x550)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND I STILL CANT MAKE UP MY MIND WHETHER I WANT TO ENLIST OR NOT
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>39134704
only c*n*d*a*s enlist. all Americans become Officers.
>>
>>39134704
The ~3 months you'll spend in DEP waiting to ship are even more hell.
>>
>>39134704
>>39134696
>>39134681
>>39134672
>>39134636
>>39134627
whymst do the fuck do non-Marines even post on this itt thread
>>
>>39134636
>I'm sad and gay, but a
kys you fucking nigger.
>>
check the archives this canadian nigger has been ruining /meg/ for years
>>
>>39134672
Depends. If you go GN/BN, you don't have to share your bed. They're a lot more spacious.

I haven't encountered any fucking on subs. There are various "Some guy fucked a midshipman while underway" rumors though.
>>
>>39134974
dont respond to canadians
>>
Alright so I'm looking to enlist in the USN I have a high ASVAB and they're looking for nuclear engineers. The only problem is I was put on antidepressants by my doctor about a year ago. I've been off of them for longer than I was ever on them. I know lying about medical history = good, but I've been using tri-care for insurance, so I dont know if they have access to my records or not
>>
Not gonna ask which job is best. But which job will transition best into the civilian world? Obviously infantry is a sure-fire way to become lost and unemployed when you return to the civilian world. I'm guessing it will be some super pog job like finance or human resources. But would combat engineer or air craft tech transition well into anything?
>>
>>39135149
Doesn't really matter does it? Go to college after you get out and use that to get a job, with your military experience as brownie points and some "experience in team-oriented settings"
"Good at following orders"
"Knows how to lead others"
"Can suck dick in times of dire need"
>>
>>39135149
Anything technical. If you're working with computers, you'll have good prospects. I'd imagine any job that also requires you to learn a language will also be beneficial. Medical is also probably a fair option
>>
File: B-2 with F-15C.png (720 KB, 1200x800)
720 KB
720 KB PNG
>>39135149
Pilot
>>
>>39134496
What branch should I join for intelligence or psychological operations? With the highest chance of working for an agency or elsewhere in the US later?
>>
>>39135331
I'm colorblind
>>
>""serving"" a system that wants to replace you with trannies and 85 IQ beaners
Fuckin' pathetic, guys.
>>
>>39135353
what else is there to do with my lfie
>>
>>39135353
There's no way an identifying as Male tranny would make the military cut, they have to go in as women to even survive training.
>>
>>39135353
better than being a wagecuck piece of shit in some asshole’s billion dollar building
>>
>>39135514
>>39135489
>>39135419
So this is how demoralized and defeated you are?
So your choice is to give up and fight for your masters?
Just kill yourselves. You're doing society a bigger favor.
>>
Which branch has the most women? Is it true all Navy girls want to put out so that they get pregnant and don't have to do sea duty? They all put out, right?
>>
>>39135697
We’ve lost since 1913 man all you can do is get some jew gold for yourself to alleviate the suffering
>>
>>39135991
Boat hoes are very much a thing. But it's not a phenomenon exclusive to the navy.
Every branch will have women who "just so happen" to get pregnant before a deployment.
Avoid military women, daughter of military families, or any women that live within 50 miles of a base.
>>
>>39134496
>>39134434
>SFAS will let you bring a foam roller now so bring one
source
>>
>tfw I want to find out more about certain aspects of the military
>the only place where I can find this information is military forums where the average IQ is 70 and I have to weed through several threads and 50 posts to get half decent intel

Honestly, /b/ tards can construct better sentences than these nonces.

If you're British, I'm mostly talking about the ARRSE forum.
>>
>>39135339
Im only in DEP currently, but from what I understand is that all psychology programs across the branches are officer only, so you would have to have a four year degree already.
>>
>>39134434 #
>>39134434 #
What’re your thoughts on 18x over 11x op40 at my age? I think I follow the same line of thinking as Ricky, I do like the idea of the dynamic DA life and it sounds hard to trust ragtag guys with the attention span of a kindergartner, but I’m also only80 Pages into chosen soldier.

However my state has a 19th group... for an SFRE do I need to sign up for anything ?
>>
>>39138017
not him but listen you nerd you dont know what youd like. Youve never done DA so you dont know youd like it. Go SF then if you want more da you can transfer/try out for a SMU. How old are you and are you serious about going SOF one way or another?
>>
>>39138134
You’re right I don’t know what I like, that’s why I said I like the idea, since I haven’t seen the reality. I have been looking at op 40, but since I am 28 it was said to consider 18x; I’m just looking for more info on why that over the former.

And I’m quite serious, I’ve been spending most of this year getting my running and PT scores up into >300 territory
>>
Can officers reclass?
>>
>>39138284
Yes
>>
>>39136457
Almost every female is a boat ho or a lesbo dude. Avoid them like the god damn plague. They act like highschoolers and turn everything into some retarded drama that ends up in them getting "depression" and going to chaps all the time.
>>
Any advice for improving auto and science scores? Those and math are my killers.
>>
>>39138408
Improve your math. Out of those three things, math is the only thing that matters. I don't know how the fuck a drive shaft works, but I'm qualified to enter any mechanical MOS, because I can do some equations in my head.
>>
>>39138408
practice asvab, should be in the link in the op but i've never used it.
"for dummys" books are usually pretty good help for tests and stuff.
The math on the asvab is algebra tier, so if you work on basic algebra you'd do yourself a solid. With that in mind, you can look up w/e you suck at on khanacademy and work on that specifically.
>>
File: a17.gif (63 KB, 680x476)
63 KB
63 KB GIF
>They have to take the ASVAB to get where they want
>Not the ACT
>>
File: 1517609906001.jpg (78 KB, 500x340)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>39134496

Which branch do I join to ensure my service doesn't benefit Israel?
>>
>>39138503
is this a real post
>>
>>39138256
Ok gimme your discord name, im running a SOF prep server and theres 6-7 people in it. Sharing workout routines, articles, occasional trap posting, all the good stuff basically.
>>
>>39138555
checked.
but also gay exclusive club. you guys probably talk sweet nothings to each over in the voice channels.
probably share pics of your progress to give everyone fap material.
>>
>>39138567
actually none of that happens.
unfortunately
>>
>>39134496
Trying again: What branch should I join for intelligence or psychological operations? With the highest chance of working for an agency or elsewhere in the US later?

Note: I have a psychology degree and would want to be an officer. Currently thinking Air Force, but don't want to get stuck analyzing Somali air traffic controllers or something.
>>
>>39138578
it's ok i get it. opsec. ;)
>>
>>39138586
>working for an agency
which?
idk shit about psychological warfare, i've only ever really heard of army doing it but I'm sure it's a thing in each branch.

>officer
>analyzing air traffic controllers
>analyzing
yeah you're a manager and rule writer
>>
>>39138293
How?
>>
>>39138503
back to /pol/
>>
>>39138503
None of them
>>
>>39138555
SmCord3, I am
>>39138256
>>
Do recruiters withhold bonuses or incentives? Say if theres a bonus for joining combat arms, but you had previously said you want to join combat arms, does the recruiter not offer you the bonus? I wanna know how I'm gonna talk to the recruiter.
>>
>>39138727
Great but i need the #and 4 numbers friend
>>
>>39138768

Clearly it’s been a while since I’ve used it…
>>
>>39138609
Well I don't know the specifics in my flight class there were several captains who had branch transfers from infantry, transpo, etc. I would imagine you would have to be free from any school ASAP or at least willing to take an additional one for a different branch. Why don't you try googling it big guy.
>>
>>39138800
no sweat ill shoot you an invite in a sec
>>
File: 26272357270256.jpg (544 KB, 960x720)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
Hey, Asian Manlet here back again for an update. I finally graduated after 9 months of being a 19K, at Fort benning. I be here even longer now because they didn't change my unit so they think I'm still at WTRP, I be here for a few more day until I get my order. Current on off base pass until Sunday. My feet feel awful after 20k ruck march, pass my Apft retest with 52 pu,72 su and 15:36. Probably gonna go to sick call at my unit since I'm pretty broken all over again. All the DS glad I finally get out of here since I recycle back to the same company. Im gonna miss Bravo 1-81 Ds, they were all so cool.
The commander even recorded me during gate duty. They were giggling at my accent the whole time. https://twitter(.)com/RedKnightHQ66/status/1019740581545807873?s=01
The cycle was awful this time around because it summer, they literally have a fight club in the Laundry room to battle it out. I end sang I want it that way during DS roasting before nickatnite. I'm happy to finally get out of here, though the hurricane, and my order...Fuck, let me leave this god damn place please, Save me.
>>
>>39138800
>>39138727
Just tried friend, something you posted isnt right cause it cant find you
>>
>>39138812
Nice blog lao
>>
>>39138812
Good for you dude
>>
>>39138816
smCord3 #9752 ? Im not sure, I’m looking right at it now and don’t have any crazy privacy settings
>>
Getting sworn in, wish me luck /meg/
>>
>>39138857
ahah capitilization matters
>>
I know after during army OCS you have to list your preffered branches to be assigned, so far I've only thought about Corp of Engineers ans Armor. What other branches are good? Scratch infantry. Maybe artillery? Intel? I can't decide.
>>
>>39138888
Aviation obviously
>>
Can I talk to a recruiter in another area that's not close, or would they tell me to fuck off?
Don't ask why please.
>>
>>39138888
>armor
you get to learn about large scale operations much earlier in your career

>intel
good for cash on the outside, youse still a manager tho

>helicopters
Good points: good times
Bad points: hearing and spinal damage worse than infantry, lol

>artillery
Where smart people went in the 1800s - where dumb people go today.
>>
>>39138971
This is a post of facts.
>>
>>39138503
coast guards
>>
I used to have depression and am currently on meds they are pretty worthless, i got out of depression because i finally got access to money and therefore freedom to move beyond my lonely room, plus forgot to take them for a month with no real side effects.
I plan on joining the Australian reserves while at uni but heard you cant join if you've been on meds in the last 12 months, and you need a psychiatrists showing that things have been okay over that time.

TL;DR
How do you look for, and apply to have a psych approve you are mentally stable without meds over a long term period so you can join the military?
I assume people go there to get problems fixed, not talk about the lack of them so i don't know how it would work.
>>
>>39138971
Why is this so fucking accurate? Who are you?
>>
>>39138948
They don't give a shit
>>
>recruiter mentions seatbelt tickets aren't a big deal
>they became a big deal at MEPS
>get another seatbelt ticket after MEPS
>recruiter says it's not a big deal
>cross interview with officer now it is a big deal

like damn I'm just trying to do right, I tell homeboy i got these tickets but then he doesn't wanna do the paperwork to document them when I have them on hand.
>>
I just realised in some ways the military is crueler than prison because death row inmates get a last meal but the last thing many US soldiers eat is disgusting MREs.
>>
>>39139263
deep
>>
>>39139120
wear a fucking seatbelt.
>>
>>39139278
It's not illegal, it just cost $30.
>>
File: 1483233079081.jpg (99 KB, 720x602)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>39139363
>It's not illegal, it just cost $30.
>>
Got blood sampled at meps today, how long should I wait before going back to weightlifting? I don't want to overstrain the vein
>>
>>39139363
Does it matter if it's illegal? Wearing a seatbelt increases your chances of surviving a car crash by like a billion times. Why don't you want to wear one in the first place? Some kind of gay, misguided sense of masculinity?
>>
>>39139363
>>
>>39138804
Thanks, appreciate it.
>>
>>39139388
I ride a motorcycle too, they don't even care if I wear a helmet when I'm on that thing.
>>
File: two cent pepe .jpg (7 KB, 250x241)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
My recruiter literally won't call me back. I've called him like 12 times. He never told me why. Guess I might have to get an actual job now.
>>
>>39139558
are you severely mentally ill to the point where he would notice?
>>
>>39139584
I did do something but I won't discuss it. It's still bullshit that I called him for a month and he wouldn't tell me from the start not to call him back. Thank you for wasting my month.
>>
>>39134496
How hard am i supposed to be training for special forces? I plan on going into marine recon and I basically workout twice a day an hour each. I always push myself to the point of almost puking, drenched in sweat. I almost have perfect PFT, can do more than 20 pullups and 100 situps, 3 mile time is around 19 mins. I take sunday off, but usually when im not working out Im usually sitting on my ass with my laptop looking up stuff online or playing games/videos, and I feel like I should be doing something else like getting back at it and working my ass off. I just dont know, I ship out in a month.
>>
>>39139681
I hope you’ve been swimming as well
>>
>>39139681
workout the mind as well
>>
>>39139681
>How hard am i supposed to be training for special forces?
you mean SOF, and do you have marine recon actually in your contract?
>>
>>39139746
I have infantry in my contract, gonna go volunteer for it.

>>39139715
What ya mean, you want me to do some math or something

>>39139704
Yeah I have, not as much as I would want to because of the availability of the local pool, their schedule is completely fucked and doesn't follow what it says online. Maybe I should just practice at the beach, I live a few miles away from the shore. I also have BDU coming in soon for that resistance I can practice with.
>>
>>39139836
>I have infantry in my contract, gonna go volunteer for it.
well you only got a month but im running a SOF prep discord server. If you want an invite post your discord name and #.
>>
>>39138948
why
>>
>>39139904
Last time i told you guys you all laughed at me, so I'm not telling
>>
>>39139558
why would you call a recruiter 12 times? there are tons around, just Go find another one
>>
>>39139927
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do right now. Hopefully it turns out alight.
>>
>>39139912
true, i feel ya.
>>
>>39139836
if you do this stuff at the beach plz bring a friend
don't wear bdus in the ocean to practice either, it's gonna tire you out if you fuck up and get pulled out too far.
>>
>>39139844
Atlasasp
>>
>>39139836
I wasn't Marines so I'm not sure if they have a Recon option for their contracts like the Army has for the Rangersl but I want to say they do.

Look into reading material on your day off, even if it's just the history of the battalions. Check interviews, read a bio, etc. Absorb what information you can while you can. It's cliche but learning the history and studying the unit will motivate you further in your path. You're going to reach a point where you'll ask yourself why you want it, and your success or failure will rely on your answer to that question.

>>39140032
Also this, find a battle buddy.
>>
>>39139836

You would be better served by swimming with your cammies in a pool with a buddy. Learn to tread water for long periods of time, retrieve objects, and practice treading without use of your arms.

Start with that, maybe work knot tying in there too.
>>
>>39138898
Is there any problem with me enlisting if I live outside the US? I'm a citizen but I technically don't have a US zip code, so I would probably stay and work with my uncle who lives in Florida until I'm sent to boot camp.
>>
>>39138749
Don't think so. If there's a bonus, it's given to you regardless if the recruiter mentions anything. I could be wrong though. If you want to know though, go in, and just ask your recruiter to pull up a list of all jobs that have a bonus. He'll do some typing, and get it to you in, like, 30 seconds. If he can't print it off, grab a pen and paper, write down the MOS, and bonus, then go look them up at home. If I remember right, I was offered 40K bonus for 35P. It was something in the 35 series. If he asks what job you're angling for, then just give a broad answer, like "something in the field"
>>
>>39140210
Smart advice, thanks anon !
>>
>>39140172
Is there a U.S. recruiting office near you? Or meps? Those are kinda a big part of the process.
>>
>>39140108
>>39140032
Yeah I'll be sure someones with me, if im dead then nothing will get done. Now I'll be a little honest I've only started practicing swimming less than a month ago, Ive rarely swam much in my life except for swimming classes as a kid and highschool pe. But the second day I swam in this time I was able to tread water for 30 mins easily, past the 10 min mark I was in a relaxed state and probably couldve gone for maybe 50 to an hour if i was really pushing myself. The next day I was doing underwater swim, was able to swim from half of the pool to the deep end wall, this was before i looked up proper form and how much legs take oxygen.

>>39140055
Yeah I'll def be constantly researching. I actually just got a book yesterday, Always Faithful Always Forward, ill be reading that over this week. I imagine though that if you have time to think about why you're there instead of catching your breath than ill probably have a good shot making it.
>>
>>39140315
Oh look theres a US Army Recruiting office in the city where my uncle lives. So that would be a yes.
>>
>>39140355
If you want to read moto-shit, go for it.

I would highly recommend you read things that help develop practical skills or things that will help you develop the proper mindset.

Learning the knots used in the recon community, the skills used in patrolling, proper techniques used for swimming; all would benefit you in BRC.
>>
Is it true that there is an alternative to the duck walk? I’ve been practicing it all week, and watching every technique on YouTube, but for the life of me, I just can’t do it.

I saw somewhere some guy couldn’t do it because of balance reasons, and the meps dr had him lay down and the dr checked his joints and flexibility by hand to make sure he was ok, and passed him. Is this true?
>>
>>39134496
>>39135339
>>39135339
>>39135339

>>39135339
>>39135339
>>39135339
Can more people answer this please? Anything about best mind-based officer positions?
>>
>>39140417
All branches of service have a Psychological Operations or equivalent field. It depends on what culture, type of these operations you would want to engage in.

"mind-based" officers? If you want to use your brain exclusively, go Air Force. Nobody (least not Marines or Army) will respect you if you have nothing more than your rank and your "mind".
>>
>>39140412
The things they have you do are to test your joints and tendons work correctly. It is possible that the doctor will examine you if you can't duckwalk but I wouldn't count on it. It's possible your shit is fucked which is what they are testing for.
>>
>>39140394
Would you say picking up a Ranger handbook would be reasonable despite it being more geared towards the Army?
>>
>>39140417
cmon now stop.
>>
>>39140526
Yes. Field craft is field craft.
>>
>>39140417
Wtf are you looking for man? Every branch needs competent officers, from infantry to IG. Do you want to do something apart from your degree?
>>
/k/ am I fucked. I'm a future sailor and I was brought to the point of tears by a liaison chewing me out for trying to drop out of the nuke program. In the physical department I met all the pt requirements with above satisfactory results. I'm just worried that I can't handle navy rtc's.
Tl;dr: I'm a softie pussy and am worried I'm going to get kicked out of basic for crying or some shit.
>>
>>39140504
I can do it, but not from a fully bottomed out squat like the people I see online. If I push up when I take the step, I can do it. The military is legit all I have left; I can’t afford for this not to work out.
>>
>>39140610
Well youre very self aware at least. Dude youll be fine suck it up.
>>
>>39140610
>this is the 21st century military
For real though, what are you worried about, the drill yelling at you and crying? I saw a pathetic fat kid do it in 2008, first day out of reception when we met the DSs and were getting smoked whole holdin the duffel bags. He wasn't the first, nor will you be the last. Just tough it out, it's only a few weeks.
>>
>>39140658
>21st century military
My grandpa was in the Muhreens back in the 50’s, and he said some people cried back then too. Not sure if things were much different back then or not.
>>
>>39140747
Worlds apart. Back then they could still beat the shit out of you. Its a much softer PC military now.
>>
>>39140747
Dude, not everyone in the past was tough. My dad went to the army in the early 80s, and he has stories of dude's crying, and desperately wanting to get out after just a day of basic.
>>
>>39140774
Yea, those types of people are giant pussies. Basic training is the easiest TRADOC there is.
>>
I’m in a really gay argument that shouldn’t have continued after we sobered up, but to settle it which Real world SOF unit would Geralt/Witcher’s be the equivalent to?
>>
>>39140766
if you look at how things were pre 'nam in marine boot, everything indicates it was much less RAH HURRY UP HURRY UP Efdszfgkjhszdszhdjkffsdaz hjklzdfsajklhsadf and more focused on stern instruction.
I'm pretty sure laying hands on recruits has been frowned upon for longer than people would like to say. Definitely was never encouraged.
>>
>>39140814
you're right. this is gay.
>>
>>39140814
SAD
>>
>>39140818
When I went to basic 10 years ago they had just gotten rid of the laying hands in general but the drills were still able to do it if it was in regards to "imminent danger and safety". Needless to say there was still a fair amount of it. We were on a range and the guy in the lane next to me popped a round off before the targets came up. The drill behind us came up and put his knelt on my neck whole forcefully inquiring if I had discharged a round downrange. He did this with no warning which seems to make things more dangerous in my mind as I had a loaded rifle in my hands.
>>
>>39140814
Some kind of international spec-op merc group we've never heard of
>>
>>39140814
None, they'd clearly be mercs fighting "monsters" for money. Executive outcomes is probably the closest off the top of my head. Not like Geralt does shit out of a sense of duty and morality so much as killing is his business.
>>
>>39140862
>put his knee on my neck
>knelt on my neck
You get the point. We were firing from the prone position.
>>
>>39140862
what does this have to do with my post
>>
>>39140980
Talking bout catching those hands and it being different.
>>
File: image.jpg (568 KB, 1024x683)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>39138586
Join the Air Force and go towards the board to be OSI, from what I’ve heard you do all the operator shit and secret squirrel stuff every operator dreams of
>>
>>39140866
>>39140872

I hadn’t considered that angle, I just said green beret because of his skill set but my friend said seal cuz he shows up, kills, and leaves. He is also a bit gayer than me.

I should stop smoking so much weed
>>
>>39141087
Seals are faggots, just like you.
>>
File: 1476408231601.jpg (64 KB, 600x800)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Leaf here, looking to join the army in a combat mos. I'm conflicted between trying to become an armoured soldier or an infantrymen. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each job and what will my career most likely look like should I enlist in either?

I've had an acquaintance of mine who was in the princess patricia's tell me that I'd be much better off just joining a trade and trying out for can sofcom later on in my career. Is there validity to that statement or would be better off just pursuing my education (whether it be in a trade or at a university) after I'm out of the military?

Where's the best place to start my application process? I watched the Canadian Army's video on the entry process but I was wondering if an online application or a trip to the recruiting center would be the best for a first step.

Lastly, does the process really take 6 months to "get in" or is that just a meme?

I'm sorry for longer post but I'm just looking for some more informed help.
>>
>>39141102
I didn’t pick seals
>>
>>39134496
Thoughts on National guard?
Also what are contracts like, or does it vary by state?
>>
How's the Natty guard side of Cav Scout? Also whats the likelihood of one attending a school such as sniper or pathfinder school in the guard?
>>
>>39141279
It varies by what MOS and schools you attend.
>>
>>39141320
It's possible but you'll have to be the highest of speeds. My old roommate attended sniper and ranger as a guardsmen 11b.
>>
>>39140643
Thanks m8, also, anyone here know any methods or books that teach you to mentally toughen up?
>>
>>39141396
it makes sense to pick the most capable and most likely to succeed for these roles, thanks mate.
>>
>>39141385
In community college atm, idk on MOS
Meet with the recruiter next week
>>
I basically got a kind "fuck off" from a recruiter because I'm 50 pounds over weight. This normal or am I being bitch about it?
>>
Recruiter said I get a free gf if I join, is this true?
>>
>>39141485
Probably fat ass
>>
>>39141485
well he can't recruit you if you're 50lbs overweight..
>>
>>39139375
>overstrain the vein
I hope you enlist as 92f
>>
>>39140412
Same boat as you man. Been doing it all day and my knees are killing me to the point where getting into a squat hurts like a bitch. Taking even a remote step is out of the question. Looks like we’re both fucked.
>>
>>39139599
What did you do anon?
>>
>>39134496
I hear a lot that a lot of operators were in the military for ~8 years before ever even going SOF, but everyone here always says taking an op40 contract is the better option and going conventional forces beforehand is a waste of time.

Who’s memeing me here? My circumstances would make joining as soon as possible vital, and I’m training as much as I can before my deadline hits but I doubt I’ll be pipeline ready.
>>
Is avionics (like 2A5X3) in the Air Force shitty? I can't get a TS clearance for stuff like cyber or intel so my recruiter told me to look into jobs in that field
>>
>>39141613
What are your circumstances?
>>
>>39134496
Seeing as how hurricane Florence is going straight through the Carolinas. What do the BCT guys go through right now? Aside from graduation being canceled.

When I went through Jackson in 2017 our "simulated deployment" was cut short to 1 day because of thunderstorm and tornado warnings, but we still had to sit in the rain and shit
>>
A lot of people post about being overweight, but I'm underweight by about 3 pounds.
Should I shove a bunch of food into my stomach before they weigh me or is this not a big deal?
>>
>>39141842
Eat what you can, but I doubt you'll actually shove down enough food to make much a difference. If you're underweight, you probably don't have nearly as big of an appetite as you might think.
>>
>>39141842
3lbs of food is a lot and you're a skelly so i doubt you can stomach that. Just gain weight?
>>
>>39141842
It's not about weight but the strength that comes with weight.
Skeles are usually shit at anything that requires strength.
Worry more about hitting the gym than eating.

Unless you're super tall though. BMI gets wonkier the further you go from average. If you're 6'5'', you'd be underweight if you weight like 180 lbs
>>
File: 590.png (248 KB, 640x480)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
how do I soeak to a recruiter without coming off as
>desperate
>a sperg
>a desperate sperg

I have certain questions I want to ask but worry Ill come off as naive and wont get taken seriously, and wont get the things I want. Also, how do you find a good recruiter, whats a good test that he or she isnt bullshitting you?
>>
Any canucks here?
I was at the recruitment office for about 4 hours this morning for my SECOND interview and medical exam.
It's been 2 years 5 months since I first applied.

Any other Canadians going through the system?
>>
>>39134704
ask yourself this, why do you keep coming back to it? Desperation or genuine interest?

of the former then you need to revalute your life and see what needs to be fixed. If the latter then draw up some questions and MOS's youre interested in and speak with a recruiter. Consider the nat. guard if nothing else
>>
File: 1520199021661.jpg (50 KB, 273x240)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Im starting to hear rumors about safe space cards, and other SJW shit taking over the military lifestyle. Is any of this true?
>>
>>39142099
Do your research on the job you want and read the contract. I was an awkward neet before the corps but I was alright. Just treat the meetings like business meetings. It's easy as fuck, sign papers and get there on time
>>
File: 1517189695562.jpg (79 KB, 450x450)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
thoughts on the national guard? Ive always wanted to sign up and be a soldier, getting the real experience of it all but Im gonna have some student loans I need to pay and I want to start building towards a career.
Im debating active vs guard, with a lot of people telling me active is a waste of time ans I should join the guard while trying to build a career along side it,

or alternatively the guard is lame as fuck and I wont get the experience I want and will waste my weekends for the next 8 years playing GI jerk off with out of shape grunts that dont care
>>
>>39141521
Yes. Dress blues attract mad pussy
>>
>>39142177
are any of those people telling you shit currently in?
>>
>>39142177
Active duty is the way to go for the experience. I'd recommend 11b or 0311 if you want some legitimate life experiences. Go marines if you want to be the first ones in instead of holding fobs all day and patrolling. Ex. Battle of fallujah
>>
>>39142177
>playing GI jerk off with out of shape grunts that dont care
Yeah that's not much different than what the "real experience" is like.
No one gives a shit.
If you want the movie style hardcore soldier who actually cares, go read some Tom Clancy.

Watch Generation Kill for probably the realist experience.
>>
>>39142219
Never served
>>39142236
You've definitely served
>>
>>39142074
he needs to make weight so he can join... if he wants to do it via fitness so be it but your entire post is not really pertinent to him making weight.
>>
>>39142300
Oh I thought he just meant like BMI underweight and not like "Scarecrows need not apply" type.
Fuck, how small do you need to be that they won't take you?
>>
>>39142219

>Active duty is the way to go for the experience.

What expierence would that be? The glory of sweeping the motor pool for the 3rd time that day? Active duty was shit enough when the wars were full bore. It's fucking intolerable now. Everyone I know that stayed in is only still there because they're over the hump and counting the days.
>>
>>39142099
Come in with specific questions, and be informed. Be clear about what it is that you want. I went in, kinda beating around the bush. What I really wanted was a cool job, and I wanted to see the world, and maybe do some shit. I didn't want to be stuck behind a desk, and I didn't want to do infantry, and to be honest, I wasn't ready to jump into something like 18x. I really didn't care about bonuses, or job skills. But because I was afraid to say that, it really frustrated the recruiters, especially since I had a lot of options, and was acting like an indecisive woman, like I was wanting them to make my decision. Once I spoke up, and showed them what I wanted, why, and that I had taken a lot of factors into consideration, and that it would take strong arguments to make me budge, they were infinitely more happy to work with me, and help me out.
>>
>>39142313
it's really small. literal skele tier.
>>
>>39142346
Your only hope is GOMAD
Look to St Rippletits for the way forward
>>
>>39142219
t. Recruiter trying to fill quota
>>
>>39141485
normal. he literally can't get you in like that. eat in a caloric deficit and take up couch25k, then when you lose 20 pounds call the recruiter and tell him you're serious about this and will keep losing weight so you can enlist
>>
>>39141580
this was my first time getting blood extracted from me, so i wasn't sure if the hole that was poked in it would affect my weightlifting and make it worse
>>
>>39141842
eat until you’re full
when you’re not full anymore eat more
>>
>>39142580
Take a chill pill 11b.
Your body seals that shit up real quick. Even if you get your pump on you won't be squirting blood.

Though it might hut a bit if your phlebotomist missed the vein and hit some muscle.
>>
>>39142636
As a former skele, that doesn't work.
I used to go like 12+ hours before feeling like I want to eat more.

Really thin people need to be forced to eat.
It's why GOMAD is a thing
>>
>>39142639
thanks anon, i would've asked the doctor but he was indian and we could hardly understand each other
>>
skeleton here, passed meps today but i heard a rumor that you get double rations if you're thin. is this true? i thought it was more of a "point at what you want to be served" deal?
>>
>>39138871
reporting for duty

the lone gunman#3189
>>
>>39142789
idk how it works for w/e branch you're joining but yes, generally skinnies get double rats to avoid being close to their minimum weight as you typically lose weight on the normal diet.
>>
>>39142771
If you're serious about trying GOMAD just be aware that when you start out you'll be farting and shitting like mad. It takes time for your body to adjust.
Keep a toilet nearby
>>
>>39142313
if you're 5'10" you have to be 135lbs I believe.
I average 132, so yeah pretty skele. Helps a shit ton with push ups and pull ups tho
>>
I'm interested in being a MWD handler. Anyone know stuff about that? I did a little bit of research and it seems alright.
>>
>>39142819
>Tfw 6'1 and 148
With 4 pounds to spare, I need to eat more
>>
>>39142813
GOMAD sounds absolutely disgusting
>>
>>39142945
I used to be like you.
Starting Strength is literally made for us
>>
>>39142952
You get used to it.
Just replace water with milk.

The first week will have you farting like mad but like I said, you get used to it.
Even now, when I'd never do GOMAD again, a cold glass of milk is what I think of when I think refreshment.

It's harder in the winter
>>
>>39142141

These rumors have been a thing since at least Korea. It isn't happening, it will never happen, if you believe anyone who tells you that it is happening then you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>39142989
It IS happening but not the "safe space" level.
Calling someone a slur will get you called up. Can't do that.
The mandate is harmony and cooperation.

I can't say it's a bad idea. You're going to live next to people for months. Worst case scenario, they might save your life.
Why make it so that they have a reason to leave you behind?
Don't use slurs, bros. Don't be an asshole to a person just because they're not like you (i.e. white or European)
>>
>>39141038

No... OSI investigates kiddie porn, high level theft, and fraud/waste/abuse. Operators do operator shit, OSI are not operators... the O stand for office, derp.

How do you guys even make this shit up? The things you say wouldn't even make sense to someone who knows nothing about the air force.
>>
>>39143038
>raiding a cheese pizza factory in the middle of the night
>nvd's
>creeps in every room with smg's
>booby trapped electronic equipment

if that's not operating then shut everything down, kiddo
>>
>>39134627
I so wish I went subs when I joined. I joined army instead, did tours in Germany and OIF 1, still always regret not being on a sub.
>>
>>39138555
>>39142790
pls respond
>>
>>39143087

And I can count on my fist the number of times this has happened. Organized crime gets passed off to the FBI or DHS, as appropriate.

If you're actually in the air force, head over to your OSI office tomorrow and they'll be happy to explain to you how things actually work.
>>
>>39143220
>not catching the satirical and mocking nature of this post
somebody didn't graduate janitor school
((dat reddit spacing,too))
>>
>>39134496
will i have to cut my hair?
what if i have a bachelors degree in history?
does being educated prior to enlisting change anything?
>>
>>39143279
yes
woopdie fuckin doo
no
>>
>>39143279
you get some free rank, be sure to tell your recruiter.
you'll have to cut your hair at some point but regs vary by branch.
>>
>>39143279
Who gives a shit about hair?
Degrees matter. You can either get a free commission or be fast tracked to one.
I met a dude this morning who had a history degree. He was going into Signals. They waived the requisite for a STEM degree due to being starved for officers.

If you have a degree, finagle your way into an officer position. You don't want to mess around with the ground apes.
>>
>>39143246

Well that sort of situation is one that people frequently attribute to what OSI does, like they have these fantasies that it is the military equivalent of the FBI.

I always assume the worst of people here because so many dudes here are barely functional man children.
>>
>>39143279
I agree with >>39143338
t. ground ape
>>
>>39143338
>Who gives a shit about hair?

My experience has been that white guys always care about hair since they're constantly trying to not look like they're in the military since chicks aren't really into high and tights these days.
>>
>>39143384
you're retarded and haven't done any research. jesus christ.
>>
>>39143384
Ivy League cut is in regs and super hot now
>>
>>39143393

Vague statements without any concrete opinion so that you can't be called out on being full of shit?

You must have studied at the school of classical 4chan shitposting.
>>
>>39143399

Yeah, it is what I see most frequently. Depending on what branch you're in you could easily pass for a civilian, I say that because my experience in the Marine Corps has been that section NCOs send people back to the barber if they can't see skin on the sides.
>>
>>39143403
what? if you google "military personnel" and look at their hair, it's not even fades most of the time. you're actually retarded, I hope you're not the guy with the bachelors.
>>
>>39141688
All flightline jobs are bad, go for backshop
>>
>>39143426
BUNCH OF ELVISES
>>
>>39143426
marine corps regulations is literally "0 to 3 inches" which mandates that you have a fade starting from 0. It's expected you get a haircut every week. It's gay as all hell.
>>
>>39143338
here
been really thinking about giving back to my country lately, got about .75 years left before my degree is done, but im 24, was considering law school, taking the lsat in 7 weeks
would law degree change anything?
and also, been growing my hair out since freshman year with the occasional trim. went to a private school, its a big deal to me not to cut it but getting revenge for 9/11 and a later job with CIA/FBI is more important to me than my hair. id love to work for one of those organizations, and ive spoken with recruiters before. not thrilled about moving to virginia, but i think with the skills i already have studying history (analysis, summary, writing, argument) i might be like actually good at a position like that.
whats the best branch to join for later career in CIA/FBI?
+ where would a law degree get me?
>>
>>39143485
>revenge for 9/11
that revenge has come and gone.
>>
>>39143432

Not even really sure what your argument is. It is like you're having a secret conversation with me in your head.

You know, one of the most obvious markers of BPD is something you're exhibiting - statements with poor or no cogency and lack of self-awareness.
>>
>>39143485
>whats the best branch to join for later career in CIA/FBI?

If you want to be in the FBI your best bet is to get on usajobs and start applying to an agency closest to the mission you want to be a part of. Once you have the two year experience requirement, start applying to the FBI; the experience has to be relevant as I'm sure you know, so joining the military would be a waste of your time.

I'm not even going to pretend to know how to get into the CIA.
>>
File: jugemwat.png (81 KB, 400x225)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>39143516
>do i have to cut my hair
gets answer
>oh ok phew i thought...
you're a retard and a faggot.
also obligatory
>reddit spacing
>>
>>39143485
Law degrees are nice, but not really useful unless you want to be a lawyer.

>Wants to avenge US for 9/11
>Wont do it if it means getting a haircut

Think about how dumb that sounds. Get a haircut.

If those organizations want you, go for it. Don't use the military as a stepping stone for going CIA, There are plenty of other agencies and intelligence activities within the IC for you to transition into after uniformed service. having the law degree may be helpful for that in some cases, but I haven't seen that be the decision to hire somebody over another candidate with better experience/pedigrees.
>>
>>39143551

Oh, so you think I'm the kid in college who was asking about hair. Well no, no I'm not.

Maybe if you weren't a mouthbreather you'd be able to see the differences in diction and structure to be able to tell people apart.
>>
>>39143485
Haha, man. I was like you when I was a teen
>I'm super smart. I can read history and see why things happened and see the future and shit
>I should be consulted about big things!

I kinda miss that arrogance in myself. It was totally stupid, but it also had a sort of charm.

Anyways kiddo, go to college in some kind of math/info tech path.
Then try to go AF
And make sure to volunteer in as many bullshit things as you can.
They love that.

And then apply to AF Int.
You'll be rejected, of course, but then you can look into another officer AF job and then go back to Int
You'll probably fail some test along the way though. Crazy fuck
>>
>>39143485
>its a big deal to me not to cut it but getting revenge for 9/11 and a later job with CIA/FBI is more important to me than my hair
>>39143547
>>39143551
reread bro. i wouldn't do it for anyone except for those 2,996 poor souls that bin laden killed that day
>>
>>39143589

Please don't listen to this tard.

The FBI holds recruitment events all the time, google to see when the next one near you will be. They will tell you exactly what to do to get in.

Don't join the fucking air force ffs. Both enlisted and officers cannot choose their job, you'll end up with something that will not give you relevant experience and while you'll have an okay paycheck when you eventually hit o-2, you will not be anywhere closer to either one of your goals.
>>
>>39143589
is that what happened to you?
academic history is ass as fuck. i missed the boat on the sciences man ive been in college for 6 years now

i think that academic history is more of a discipline than that desu, but im not kidding myself, im just trying to see it as something that taught me a set of skills i can use to manipulate data rather than
>herp derp unification of germany
>things happened on dates
yknow? like at least i learned to read large volumes of dry material and form arguments about them, there's gotta be a use for that right?
i'm just considering the military because my job prospects with an HST degree are slim pickins
>>
>>39143485
>revenge for 9/11

Why are servicemembers so uninformed
>>
>>39143619
i did, but they said they higher vets first, they always go to the top of the pool.
plus drug policy is no weed for 3 years, no other drugs for ten, and im on about year 2 of no weed and year 1 for no other drugs

goddamn the DEA is no drugs ever except "experimental use of weed"
"if your mom gave you a xanax when you were 8 you are ineligible to work for, even as an intern the DEA in any capacity"
another crazy dea recruiter quote
"95% of it is administration (the A in our name) the gun and badge stuff is rare if youre even assigned to a unit that does that, but its still only 5% of the job"
"i know all you guys think 'oh i used to do drugs, i know where to find the bad guys' but you're wrong, we dont need you, we dont want you, we know where to find the bad guys"

talked to recruiters for FBI/CIA/DEA when they came to my University
>>
>>39143485
>Revenge for 9/11
Osamas dead you know
>>
>>39143635
Mate. I'm Canadian and I'm doing exactly that.
I have a History/Lit degree.
No fucking jobs.
So I'm going military.

I tried for officer for 2 years but they're not hiring.
Now I'm going enlisted with the hopes of getting a commission soon.

Even if I stay enlisted it'll be a better career than fucking anything in History.

On the bright side I can still act smug about anything anyone brings up about the past
>>
>>39134496
lets say in a hypothetical scenario a high schooler who has done a variety of drugs in the past but is completely sober from them and plans to never do them in the military wants to be a Ranger. this individual also told their recruiter that they have never done drugs and they have MEPS upcoming and plan to say the same thing and they will piss clean. will this be an issue down the road? they have never been caught for an issue pertaining to drugs and have zero other things barring them from joining.
>>
Getting processed at MEPS tomorrow, wish me luck.
>>
>>39143702
Make sure to wipe your ass real good
>>
File: 1524948591546.png (228 KB, 500x574)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>39143687
>you tell someone about the history of a thing
>actually anon...
>i have a degree
>a lot of good that didja
>>
>>39143698
You never did drugs dumbass
>>
>>39143698
no you're fine.
>>
>>39143698
dude no one will care. don't ever say shit and you're good. even if you end up a super duper operator in RRC with a TS/SCI you'll be fine. the "have you ever done drugs" question is an IQ test, not a test of your morality. everyone fucking lies about something at MEPS.
>>
Why do Marines always walk around Lackland and stare me down like they wanna fight, I just want to be the brain to your brawn :(
>>
File: diocletian.jpg (85 KB, 640x566)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>39143709
I'm not sure what you're saying, but I don't regret my degree.
I regret my choice, but I don't regret doing it.
I'm a better person for it.

And if I get a commission at the end, it'll be all worth it.
I mean, it gives me the means to meme about Roman history.
That's invaluable, right?
>>
>>39143729
they're just angry because they're marines and don't realize they look like that
i didnt realize this was a thing until some sailor asked me this same question once.
>>
>>39143736
im saying uneducated guys are gonna act like they know more than you sometimes and disregard the fact that you have a degree.
>that's invaluable, right?
for now...
>>
>>39143654
Hes a collegeboy who didnt even know you couldn't have long hair in the service you dumbfuck
>>
>>39143743
>im saying uneducated guys are gonna act like they know more than you sometimes and disregard the fact that you have a degree.
Oh yeah for sure.
And the right thing to do is just nod and not give a shit.
Trying to fight and say "Um excuse me, I have a degree" is a recipe for fucking missing teeth and broken nose.
>>
>>39143750
I'm merely made a general statement.

Lots of people in the military thought they would fight to get revenge for 9/11
>>
How fast are promotion rates as a Marine Cryptologic Linguist?
>>
>>39143758
Yeah unless you were in JSOC hunting HVT's or working intel for CIA/NSA, you were mostly just helping a bunch of shitty ANA soldiers get high and destabilizing a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. That's why I think joining the military for patriotic reasons is pretty retarded. Join because you want to do a specific job, not because of some outdated sense of duty or honor.
>>
File: 1534290351760.jpg (80 KB, 540x543)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>39143752
you're alright anon.
>>
>>39143674

>but they said they higher vets first, they always go to the top of the pool.

While that is true, only 30% of agents and special agents are vets:

https://www.vetshq.com/federal-government-statistics/

Also, the air force is a permanent disqualifies for use of anything besides weed. So unless you want to lie, that branch is a no-go anyway.

If you just want to do the military thing before the FBI just to say you did it then go for it, but imo it'd be a mistake to go that route if you're only concerned with the FBI or CIA for that matter.

A valid compromise I think would be to start applying for officer selection now, you can apply a year out of graduation and the likely wait it two years to ocs/ots. While you wait do your best to get a fed job.
>>
>>39143772
nothing special
>>
>>39143674
Wait, you have a history degree but you don't how to differentiate the words "higher" and "hire"? Also, why the fuck would you tell the truth to a recruiter anyway?
>>
>>39143837
Don't judge him.
He's probably drunk.
I have a history degree and I am. It's the only way we can live with our fucking mistakes
>>
Got a minor case of shin splints in my right shin. I ship out in about 4 weeks. Will I be able to run between now and then, or should I play it safe and keep off it?
>>
>>39143878
Try walking your normal run until the last week ish
>>
>>39143922
Cool. I'll do that. Had it, took two weeks off, ran a mile, got minor pain in my shins again. Not worried about it, just annoyed with it.
>>
>>39143878
Try to learn how to run/jog toe first instead of heel first.
Yeah, I know, proper walking is heel first.
But running should be toe first.
>>
>>39141842
Eat a lot anyways to make weight, but if you need to weigh more in a very short amount of time, eat a shitload of bananas and drink a ton of water.
>>
I am post-op trans woman 2 years post can I join
>>
>>39144044
Ask Ash Ketchum
>>
>>39143862
i like this guy, and hes canadian
where in CA you from m8? i was born in victoria but i moved to the states at a young age, still visit at least once a year and i never gave up my citizenship
>>
>>39143992
>>39143992
isnt that the opposite of what you should do?
>>
>>39144520
I'm from nowhere.
Military brat.
I was born in a city in Germany that no longer exists now that the Wall came down.

Spend some time on the Island though.
Also went a few years at UVic too.
It's a nice place. Even if it's infested with old people
>>
>>39142214
one guy was active duty about 7 years ago
two guys I know were/are guard, the former being in about 2 years ago and one in now

the currently in guy said the guard was boring and to wait, the active duty guy said to join the airforce

>>39142236
Im just worried doing the weekened warrior thing will be a tease. Like, once im in the life I can more or less adapt, but going to and from civilian life, plus 8 years of that vs 4, will be frustrating.
Additionally, im itching to leave my small town and getting fearful the guard will lock me in further to this area
but, I worry 4 years as active duty wont give me anything worthwhile in terms of a career boost
but, I do have a BA degree

and this list goes on and on
>>
>>39134496
For the love of god please don’t join the marines as an 03. I want to kill my self every day. Biggest regret of my life by far. I’m just considering getting a bad discharge just to get out
>>
>>39140610
Take life more casually. You’re taking his yelling personal. Just shrug it off and insist that shrugging it off is all that’s required, go through his fits with an attitude of “this shit doesn’t matter lmao”
>>39141708
I’m dropping out of school and would like to have income soon after I’m out. It would just be better for my loans if I started making military money as soon as possible, and I’ve dreamt of going SOF for years. If I’m not ready to make the cut when the semester ends in December, then I was thinking I’d go conventional just to have something going on for me while I train, gain experience and adjust to military life, etc.
>>
>>39145167
Fail your pt tests and get disregarded
>>
>>39135149
>>39135350
Anything IT specifically Cyber Security. Some IT jobs barred from color blind but not Cyber Security. Even without a college degree you can bank roll 4 years desk driving into an inevitable 6 figure income if you keep up with it.
>>
>>39141146
6 months if you're lucky man, took me a year to get all my shit sorted. Selection is generally pretty fast if you aren't retarded though.
>>
>>39142102
Finished the process back in August, was doing officer, but they dropped me last day they could at the beginning of July. Switched to enlisted engineer and got in almost immediately. All in all took me from last November to this November to ship for basic.
>>
>>39141404
doesnt exist
>>39142790
>>39143150
who are you? Why should i let you in?
>>
>>39143485
>revenge for 9/11

Good luck killing George W. Bush and those CIA/FBI agents you fucking humanities brainlet.
>>
>>39145167
You're gonna want that honorable for the bennies
>>
>>39141279
Basically need to do more than a 3 year contact to get any good benefits iirc. Also some MOS require longer contracts.
>>
>>39146612
First timer national guard contracts are like 6 years I think. The 3 years stuff applies to active duty time
>>
Please tell me the formalities of the military die off once you're actually in the system.

Like, this whole walking in, standing at attention, saluting the flag, doing a face, saluting again and asking for permission to enter is getting old.
>>
>>39146953
does and doesn't. it will get better but certain things will always be and others depend on how strict folks are in your command.
just know it does get better.
>>
>>39146953
>dude i want the military to be less like the military lmao
>>
>>39146953

You're looking for the air force.
>>
>>39146953
After basic and AIT, I got to my unit and it was WAY more relaxed.
I could talk like a normal human being, no battle buddy system, put my hands in my pockets etc.

The formalities only exist when speaking to e-8s and COs and above
>>
>>39147467
>put my hands in my pockets
I'm going to stop you there, killer. Get your dagon' hands out of your dagon' pockets!
>>
>>39147478
>tfw stationed in alaska
>>
>>39142317
ive been doing that, coming in with a notebook full of questions and different MOS's ive been interested in, the scores im going to need to get them ect.
I also know what I want to do post military and I want the most benefits while im in, I just dont want to come off as an ass while asking questions. What are some other things I should mention to them that the average person of the street wont think to ask?
>>
>>39147712
Retirement and 401k. That's something newish to the military. Ask about length of active duty vs. benefits acquired. Trust me, you won't be an ass by having a little self-interest and finding out what the military can do for you. Tell them what you want, be as desirable a person as possible, and they'll work with you. If sign on bonuses are involved, ask why. Usually, the job isn't nearly as sexy as it sounds. And ask if you can talk to someone who has experience in any MOS you have even the slightest interest in. Yeah, they'll talk it up, but it's better than no information, and you can always ask here to see if what the recruiter said was bullshit.
>>
>serving on a submarines

wtf u retarded? me submerge down there with thos...those...fucking things?
>>
What are common gotchas that get you yelled at by drill sargents? I know well enough not to call attention to yourself, but what else should I avoid? I hear putting your hands in your pocket at all is a no-no
>>
>>39142099
>>39142317
>>39147712
>>39147865
you'll be fine if youre already thinking like that. coming with a plan and showing you have put thought into this means they will be drooling at the mouth the sign you. The best things you can do are ask any and all questions (doesnt matter how ridiculous or minor) and be in good physical shape. Go in looking healthy and maybe bring copies of medical records too and you'll be head and shoulders above most of their clientele
>>
>>39147865
>ask why there's a bonus to get the down and dirty
>implying a recruiter's gonna tell you the job is so shitty no one sticks around after 1 enlistment
>>
>>39147931
What medical records. Don't bring that sort of stuff unless you need to damn
>>
I live on a mountain so this allows me to run uphill everyday if I do choose, however, do you guys think it would be more beneficial to run trails instead of on the street?
>>
Do PMCs have a preferred unit to recruit from?
>>
>>39149301
SOF
>>
>>39149415
I’m sorry I meant is there a particular SOF unit they prefer to recruit from. I’m guessing Delta, DEVGRU; but those guys are rarer
>>
want to be a cop, thinking about joining up as an MP, what branch would be the best bet for getting that job?
>>
>>39149555
Don't be an MP if you wanna be a cop in the civilian world. LEA's don't like having to not only train you on civilian law, but also having to make you forget all of the UCMJ shit that's been drilled into your brain for the last 4 years. Trust me. If you wanna be LE and bolster that with military experience, join the infantry or something like that instead. Cops like grunts especially nowadays where every traffic stop could turn into the fucking omaha beach landings. Plus, as a grunt, you won't be despised by everyone else on the planet like MP's are, and you'll never catch yourself saying dumbass shit like "we're basically infantry with handcuffs!! lol!"
>>
>>39145766
Christ wtf? That's a hell of a thorough process.
>>
stretch before or after workout?
>>
>>39135331
>the mother following her young on their first flight
>>
Do they have your job records? I quit a job after a month before.

Do they also have your address records?
>>
>>39149954
Okay, I chuckled
>>
>>39135136
Just don’t go nuke.
>>
Would love some insight from people in the Air Force. My recruiter wants me to pick 2 aptitudes to select for an open contract and then 8 jobs. I already know I want general, and I didn't score high enough for open electric.

Literally everything I read here/online makes every maintenance job sound like hell. Should I just pick admin as my 2nd? The jobs don't sound very interesting but it seems way better than going open mechanical.
>>
>>39135136
don't go nuke for any reason

they do not have your medical records
>>
>>39150098
Why join a branch that you cannot pick a job you actually want to do?
>>
What is unconventional warfare? Spooky shit or guerillas?
>>
>>39150345
Both. Unconventional is any tactic outside of conventional warfighting, basic soldiers fighting using basic equipment and basic tactics. Any more specialized or high speed than normal-ass infantry movements holding objectives that are already taken/fortified and you’re entering the territory of SOF.
>>
Can you get a waiver if you’re 30 for 18x?
>>
>>39143702

So i'm this guy.
I swore in today about a few hours ago.
I took a drug test at the recruiting station yesterday and I came back negative for marijuana (I stopped smoking 35 days ago).
You think I'll be fine with the MEPs drug test?
>>
>>39150519
Yes. Just drink water and you'll be fine
>>
>>39150609

I've already took it earlier today before I swore in.
the test has to be sent to a lab first and the results won't come back for a while I guess.
My recruiter promised be I'll be okay so I just went with it.
>>
Hey idk if this is still active it was pretty far down the catalog but
Army enlistment.
>will they care about my ugly ass teeth at meps?
>can I be an 88mike without a license?
>how to bonuses work?
>>
File: 1536559898716.jpg (78 KB, 1024x767)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
I swore in a few days ago, enlisted active duty EOD. going to fort Jackson for bct and fort Lee ait. what should I expect at these bases or prepare for as EOD ? thanks
>>
>>39150680
Fucking wew lad. They don't give a shit about your grill, I knew a kid who joined just to get dentures. Dunno bout the 88m without a license. They're the biggest Jews about bonuses, they'll tax it to the max unless you set it up to receive it overseas in a tax free area. The bonuses are based on the length of your contract and if you pick a critically undermanned mos.
>>
>>39150700
Shouldve gone navy EOD but good luck either way
>>39150461
yes
>>
>>39150721
Yeah I’m not super worried about it buy 88m says there’s a 9k sign on bonus. Seems worth an ask. But my teeth aren’t a problem? They aren’t fubar but I’ve definitely got some serious cavities
>>
>>39150700
Jackson is where they train their drill sergeants
>>
>>39150743
not him, but also doing to fort jackson, what do you mean? are they "greener" and not as bad, or is this the fort that forces them to be their worst?
>>
>>39150700
Don’t know what to prepare for but you’re definitely in for a tough school. Good luck
>>
Are drone operators still in high demand? When i was senior in high school i looked into and they said they needed them but that was in 2014. I've got a prety comfy job in the oilfield but somedays i kinda just feel like blowing up sandniggers from an air conditioned room.
>>
>>39150680
Didn't I already tell you you can join with some pretty fucked up teeth? Should be fine, how about you go find out instead of asking in here? Not hard to do.
>88m
Do you even read these threads? 88m is not a good MOS and why would you wanna do that if you don't even have a license?
For real 88m is not a happy MOS, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into.
>>
>>39151073
low retention is the only thing I know about it, so I'm sure they are still in demand, but it's not as fun a job as you think it is.
>>
>>39151098
Yeah I'm aware its pretty boring for the most part but its probably more exciting than writing down welds and staring at isos
>>
>>39151116
it's not just boring, but long ass hours and conducting strikes then finding out later it was some joe schmo and not the guy they thought, and if anything pops off, having times where you're watching from above for US troops and if things go south you have to keep watching without being able to do anything.
retention isn't low cuz "im bored".
>>
Talked to the army recruiter today about being a combat medic looking more likely each day. Wish me luck boys
>>
Anyone here ever have to take a poly? I need to take a poly and one of the likely questions will be "Have you ever committed and undetected crime."

A long time ago (10-12 years ago) a friend asked me to drive him to change his mom's tire. I picked him up and he got in my car with a couple of cinderblocks and told me he was going to take a tire off of a car he found that was the same model as his mothers. I ended up driving him to the car he found, dropped him off, and then waited a few blocks down for him to return then I drove him home with his stolen tire.

Will admitting to this cause me to fail the poly? I don't want to waste my time taking it in the first place if this is going to disqualify me. I'm applying for Border Patrol. I've also heard failing a poly can prevent you from getting future jobs so again if I'm essentially pre-failed by this crime I don't want to take the poly to begin with.
>>
>>39150700
EOD guy here. They made Lee harder. Remember everything and DONT GET ELIMINATED!
>>
>>39150656

So am I going to be alright or am overthinking this? Recruiter says I got nothing to worry about but it's not his life and career on the line.
>>
>>39150395
>Unconventional is any tactic outside of conventional warfighting, basic soldiers fighting using basic equipment and basic tactics.

Wow that is really succinct that I didn’t even realize it, that’s really cleared it up
>>
File: 1534203497141.jpg (157 KB, 833x925)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>39152081
teach me senpai
>>
>>39152070
Say yes then go into a rant about the number of federal crimes. There are so many that the last time they made an attempt it got to about half.
>>
How is SF undermanned?
>>
Going to fort jackson on october 17th, anyone else going too? Maybe we can make some frens
>>
>>39152158
I'll be there the 15th 89D
>>
>>39152153
More of the population is shut inside playing fortnite or whatever

They have a smaller pool of candidates to choose from

They aren't gonna lower standards so SF size gets smaller as more people leave than make it through training and join
>>
>>39152179
do all recruits come at once to the same camp, or are there multiple divisions at the same camp?
>>
>>39152282
sounds like multiple divisions since we're going a few days apart. how do I spot you there?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.