[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tech_noir.jpg (39 KB, 672x360)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?
>>
File: TED.jpg (99 KB, 441x520)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>39140941
They never should have been created.
>>
Easy.
Molotov cocktail him.
Run.
Call 911.
After first responders are killed by flaming T-800 they call SWAT.
After SWAT is all dead from now-smoking metal skeleton man they call ANG.
ANG hits him with a have in. Game over.
Meanwhile, you're sitting in a bar drinking beers and watching it all unfold on TV while telling thots that you traveled through time for them.
>>
>>39140941

Go to the Ukraine and buy an RPG-7 illegaly with plenty of rocket grenades and then actively look for the terminator. Being suicidaly agressive is the only way in this age because you cannot hide yourself from such an advanced piece of AI with all the security systems around the world.

It would plug itself into the internet and use its superiour AI and processing power to gain access to all relevant databases, CCTV's and scanning social media. Following your trail and applying predictive AI routines, it would find me and you fairly easy and quickly.
>>
>>39141301
Imagine if the first movie went like this after the tanker scene, Reese should of told Sarah to power walk away from the crippled T-800 and wait till the fu#$ing ran into LE, hard to deny that a killer robot exist until you see the damn thing chasing someone at a walmart powered cart pace
>>
>>39140941
Raid the obsolete electronics at the local pawn shop and build a very powerful short range microwave gun.
>>
>>39140941

I'd just wait and and take it out with the phased plasma rifle, one in the 40 watt range, that I purchased earlier. Also goes to explain why they weren't in stock at the gunshop.
>>
>>39141370

More likely the terminator would break contact and lay low to repair and better conceal itself. It's not just a mindless automoton chasing a target. Otherwise it wouldn't have bothered with clothes, or weapons, or getting a hotel room. It would have just gone straight for Sarah Connor and attacked her with its fists.

Which to be honest would make a lot more sense. Why did it feel the need to arm itself with an arsenal to take down a diner waitress? It should have just subtly figured out where she worked, gone in, ordered a cup of coffee, and as soon as she came near, stand up, snap her neck like a pencil, then do a runner.

Also presumably the Terminator had some kind of Phase Two to its plan once it killed her. It would be stuck in the 80s. And was probably commanded to accelerate or safeguard Skynet in its infancy.
>>
1. get super strong magnet
2. tie to a stick
3. try to get it close to its head
>>
Find a Barrett and some SLAP rounds and try to unload into his joints.
If that doesnt work some thermite grenades?
Would a 2000lb bomb do the trick if you could get the military to take it out?
>>
File: Hackerman!.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>Make him my slave
>>
>>39141882
In the newest Terminator movie (it's shit), the T-800 is killed with one center of mass shot from a .50.
>>
>>39142011
this pisses me off so god damn much.
>>
>>39140941

I would go to the future and destroy before it can be sent
>>
>>39142011
>>39142018
No way?
I havent seen it but thats gay af.
>>
>>39140941
pipebombs
>>
>>39142011
an ak with tungsten rounds would fuck one up beyond recognition
.50 is overkill
>>
>>39142163
Those didn't work though.
>>
>>39142011
Pretty stupid when body armour for stopping those rounds already exists.

But the original terminator wasn't that invulnerable. He got a limp from being dragged under a truck.
>>
>>39142111
yeah it's in the very beginning, honestly not a good film.
t1 and t2 are where it's at still.
>>
>>39143805
he's not that invulnerable, they even highlight his weaknesses intentionally by showing he's not infallible when he gets hit hard enough..
but the .50 to a chest to insta-kill was bullshit. Even the t-1000 or w/e that knew how to kill him struggled to get the job done.
them just 1-shotting one in the right spot w/ a 50 makes you wonder why humans in the future struggle so much with far more advanced weaponry...
>>
>>39143844
The reason why Skynet never sees fit to invade the past directly in any timeline is because it's never strong enough to beat 7 billion humans with intact infrastructure and weapons manufacturers. It always needs judgement day to weaken humanity enough to gain a foothold, and even then it still loses conventionally, hence the initial attempts to rewrite time.
>>
File: HK_Aerial_2029.jpg (116 KB, 677x405)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>39143844
>why humans in the future struggle so much with far more advanced weaponry...

See Pic related

But the actual....infantry if you will, was surprisingly poorly armed. Reese explained how in the movie the early infiltration models were basically rubber skin, and they dont pack much more than man portable laser rifles in the future. Granted, supposedly, the armor was unobtainium levels strong, but in T3 you saw Termathot getting staggered by .45 rounds out of a UMP and getting her shit fucked up by an RPG round. I suspect a .50 with red tips or even a 12.7mm would do some serious damage.
>>
Shoot myself before that machine has a chance to carry out it's mission.

Beat them at their own game.
>>
File: genisys.jpg (214 KB, 1000x1426)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>39143911
skynet never wanted to even attempt defeating all of humanity. Skynet is just trying to stay alive, not kill humanity. It turns out that to stay alive it has to kill humanity. Classic computer think.

>>39143928
Yes but you see them struggle with t800s too, even though future weaponry is shown to be far more potent against them in t3.
>I suspect a .50 with red tips or even a 12.7mm would do some serious damage.
yup it'd hurt him a lot, but it literally just shuts him down. they're trying to portray badass sarah connor with danearys targaryen, first of her name, queen of the storm... you get the idea. The idea being she confidently takes down a t800 with precision and skill. Somehow she's better at it than other terminators designed.

tl;dr if you see the movie you decide for yourself but for me it was lazy writing to do a strong woman grab for a character who has shown her abilities in previous films and can just continue doing that here. btfoing a t800 is a lazy way to do that that devalues them in the previous films.
pic related is poster for film...that's sposed to be sarah fucking connor.
>>
>>39141817
T-800's cant spontaneously regrow it's flesh after it's been incinerated. After that point the jig is up, and it's why the T-800 was going all out to try to kill Sarah after that. On the other hand, if some Cop were to seen it chances are Cyberdine would of had an entire T-800 chassis+computer system to work with instead of just an arm. Would of made the future war a whole lot scarier.
>>
>>39144070
Genysis sucks more cocks than your mother does on an average saturday night.

Honestly, if you know that a terminator is coming for you, why wouldn't you immediately load the fuck up on heavy ordinance? Why even bother packing pistols in your cases.
>>
>>39144170
id hit the fucking road but honestly id probably die. what the hell do you do?
If I know what it is then I'd get ready to lure that bad boy into a steel mill.

>>39144152
they do regrow flesh.
>>
>>39144070
Skynet would be smart enough to know that it could just not try to genocide humanity and it wouldn't be attacked. In T3, the humans never even knew it was sentient and never even tried to kill it. It just started killing people as soon as it had control.
>>
>>39144240
They don't regrow it if it's all gone or damaged beyond a certain point.
>>
File: 1517845694163.jpg (44 KB, 228x222)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>39144259
>after it's been incinerated
oh im just retarded, oops.
>>
>>39143844

>T-1000
>knew how to kill him

Since when? They expressly say that the only anti-terminator was the one in the third movie. The T-1000 was just another infiltration unit that was miles more expensive than the T-800, hence why they were rare as fuck. They aren't really any more killy in a world where you have fucking plasma weapons against something that suffers mass failure against proximity to humanly tolerable heat.
>>
>>39142031
>playing an eternal game of 4th dimensional checkers with a machine who's only solution to problems is "send a dude back in time"

I like it.
>>
>>39142011
>>39142018
>>39142111
Those .50 bmg rounds were special ones that were made to disable the terminators. There was a quick shot of the rounds and the bullets were not normal. Which is also why Sarah freaked out when Kyle was about to blast friendly terminator with them.
>>
>>39144318
The T-1000s have always been the smartest terminators. They could hold conversations seemlessly because they were actually sentient themselves. Skynet was always deliberately limiting how many of them it had at one time, because it was afraid of being overthrown by them if they somehow broke their programing constraints.
>>
>>39141301
How do you recognize it on the first place?
>>
>>39143928
Reese seemed to fear the Terminators way more than the HKs. In the first Terminator we see GIANT fucking HKs go 1-2 against two humans, whereas a Terminator pretty much wipes out a whole resistance camp solo. I hate how they have just have "regular" foot soldier terminators, like they forgot what made them so terrifying in the first place.
>>
>>39144070
The only thing worse than Connor in Genesis would be Reese and Connor Jr.
>>
>>39144472
Just look out for Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
Was the T-X actually supposed to be an upgrade over a T-1000?
>>
>>39144472
Get a dog.
>>
File: 1528307437947.jpg (60 KB, 607x608)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>39144602
>dog barks at someone
>anon shoots them
>tfw 3rd human this week
>anon lives to fight another day
>>
Two bores, two barrels, one dead T-800.
>>
File: 1522987526603.png (580 KB, 1324x580)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
So the thing about the terminator movies is that none of the cops or shit knew they were fighting a terminator, so they didn't bring anything that would be effective. But I bet some 12guage gernades, or a 50cal with HE rounds would fuck the T800 like a toy.
>>
>>39144558
Combat wise, the TX was physically stronger, had better internal weapons, and had the nano bots ability to control other machines. It was less intelligent overall.
>>
>>39144656
cyberdyne learns to not send negro machines after you
>>
>>39144152
It can just wrap it itself with rags and pretend to be a muslim
>>
>>39141817
It didn’t know she was a diner waitress. For all skynet knew she was the leader of a mercenary gang and had a private army guarding her. Which is why it had to look up a telephone book of listings for a Sarah connor
>>
>>39143266
It worked. He just had to get within aloha snackbar range
>>
>>39144480
This.

T1000s were the scariest terminators.
Props to the actor who played him.
>>
>>39141301
Good plan here using the police to your advantage I'd do something similar. Keep it at bay myself with small arms fire from my pistol/AR while retreating. If I were only allowed to engage myself I'd take the fight downtown where there's tons of parked cars to use as cover. I'd try and keep distance and lay down fire as it were reloading and/or unaware of my position.
>>
>>39144472
just gotta throw a molotov at everyone who looks at you sideways
>>
>>39144602
>my dog barks at everyone
>go to jail for murdering every passerby that day
>get executed thirty years later for multiple homicide
>skynet wins without doing anything
>>
>>39144259
>They don't regrow it if it's all gone or damaged beyond a certain point.
https://youtu.be/vBPuJ9o8q0Y
>>
>>39144915
I’m one of those paranoid types so that would make the news as a mad bomber kind of story
>>
>>39141882
Where does one find a barret lying around for anon to borrow?
>>
>>39144892
Robert Patrick
>>
File: t1000.gif (4 MB, 1310x873)
4 MB
4 MB GIF
>>39144892
indeed
>>
>>39141844
dubs of truth
>>
>>39144702
Better use those 4 or 5 rounds wisely.
>>
>>39145097
The T-1000 really was terrifying, and the best part of T2. Look at how quickly he's firing the 92fs and not flinching at all, Robert Patrick really sells the "killer android" idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhkv2sL2Uxw

Young John Connor almost ruined T2 for me though.
>>
>>39144318
Acthushully the canon explanation was that the 1000 was starting to fuck up from being frozen, shattered, then melting and reforming, it was beyond what it was equipped to deal with.
>>
>>39145149
yeah anon im watchin this shit tomorrow i love t2. he really was the perfect guy for the role.
running after the car as well and fucking with the t800 in the steel mill are top notch too.
>>
>>39140941
Rape it. Robots dont understand sexual assault.

Or maybe 30 lbs of chemical explosives and industrial grade acid.
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (397 KB, 500x250)
397 KB
397 KB GIF
>>39145264
I have bad news.
>>
>>39143844
>Even the t-1000 or w/e that knew how to kill him struggled to get the job done.
Nigger what? The T-1000 absolutely destroyed the T-800 in the Steel Mill. There's no way the T-800 could beat it in direct combat. Especially not after the T-800 jumped off a flipped over semi-truck going at least 60 and proceeding to slam into a hand rail.

The only reason the T-1000 didn't finish off the T-800 after it pinned it's arm in the gear was because he was merely a distraction. Not because the T-800 was a serious threat to the T-1000
>>
>>39143844
Thats something I've always hates about the T-800's portrayal in T3 onwards. That it's this super-human machine that can pry safe doors wide open, or pick up incredibly heavy stuff and toss then around like their nothing.

T1 and T2 was realistic in that they portrayed the T-800 has simply the worlds strongest body builder, but it can't do crazy shit and even a human (i.e. Ginger's boyfriend) can possibly hold their own against a T-800 in certain circumstances.
>>
>>39140941
I’d just pop a few rounds off at it and get wasted like a bitch while running away if it hasn’t already done me in
>>
>>39140941
Book a plane ticket. The Terminator doesn't have a passport.

This is how you can tell it's an American film btw.
>>
>>39145791
>implying it wouldn't just hijack a plane in order to get to you
It's a machine, it doesn't need to eat or drink or maintain itself in any way humans do. It's only priority is killing you and it doesn't matter how long it takes. It absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
>>
File: ajfs67s.jpg (14 KB, 196x225)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>39145278
>>
>>39145791
>obsessed with Americans

This is how I can tell you're european btw.
>>
>>39145791
The only reason why the T-800 appeared in the US is because that's where Sarah Connor was known to be at the time. If one was sent back in time to kill you, it would just teleport to your town in Bongistan.
>>
>>39145798
>implying it wouldn't just hijack a plane
And get vaporised by a Sidewinder.

>>39145808
You're the only country that doesn't routinely fly internationally. Anywhere else your protag would just hop on a plane, but Sarah Connor hasn't got time to apply for a passport.

>>39145821
And? I don't care where it is so long as I'm on the next continent and it'll get shot up if it follows me.
>>
>>39145829
It could also steal a privately owned plane and take off all stealthy like, checkmate.
>>
>>39145836
And get vaporised by a Sidewinder.
>>
>>39145842
And why would it get vaporized by a sidewinder if it wasn't a hijacking with hundreds of lives at stake?
>>
>>39143844
Future humans were fighting giant robot tanks and flying machines, not Terminators, which are meant to be assassins (although you do see a skinless future one fighting once or twice, it was only the later movies that went balls-out retarded with acting like T-800s were mass infantry).
>>
>>39145845
Okay, let's say the air force is feeling charitable. He lands and shoots up a remote airfield.
Then the anti-terrorist lads show up and eventually he eats enough .50 to go down. Or he lands at a military airfield and eats .50 in minutes.

Either way, for the price of a plane ticket it's not my problem any more.
>>
>>39145865
Now replace the T-800 with a T-1000. How does your scenario change?
>>
>>39145865
>it's not my problem any more.

Typical euro peasant, so unwilling to solve his own problems, doing his best to foist his responsibilities on others, so ready to give up all his power and agency to daddy gov.
>>
>>39145865
Why would he land his plane? The Terminator I know would just jump out the door and land in a haystack when he gets to his destination.
>>
>>39145881
Well, he's still not getting onto a commercial flight, so I suppose I buy TWO tickets just to be on the safe side.

>>39145884
Nigger what am I paying my taxes for if not for people with tanks to solve my tank-related problems?
>>
>>39145904
No. If it's a T-1000, then you are FUCKED. There's no way getting around it. He'll impersonate a pilot, then impersonate your mother to get close enough to you to stab you through the eye with his finger.
>>
>>39145900
Well he's not going to get far looking like 300lb of minced beef. Sooner or later the cops are going to blow the guy with the metal face and big gun away.
>>
>>39145909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXsyn-9VLVA
>>
>>39145904
>Well, he's still not getting onto a commercial flight
>a shapeshifting assassin bot
>not getting on a plane

Yes, it's not like he could ambush someone and then assume their identity, then murder his way to the cockpit and crash your plane, with no survivors.
>>
>>39145909
Yes, but if I KNOW it's a T1000 then all I have to do is be somewhere he's not looking and don't tell anyone. I bet Ulan Bator is nice this time of year.
>>
>How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?
I live in Australia, which provides two distinct advantages: firstly, you can't shoot people because that's illegal, and secondly bandwidth is so slow here that he wouldn't be capable of sustaining thought.
>>
>>39145920
If we're going on Terminator film rules, I have a head start. Otherwise you might as well go with "what if Skynet stuck a nuke up Arnie's arsehole and teleported him straight into your bedroom at 3am, huh?"
>>
>>39145911
dude there are *people* who have fallen from planes and walked away because they landed on something soft.
he's not going to dive onto pavement. there's no reason to preserve the plane if he has no expectation of being able to use it again
>>
>>39145938
>firstly, you can't shoot people because that's illegal
If only the US could adopt this sensible line of thought, if g*ns are illegal then people can't have them anymore = they can't shoot them anymore = no one gets shot anymore.
>>
>>39145941
That and... parachutes. The terminator is allowed to use parachutes. Or inflate a lifeboat in the air and ride it down because that's always fun.
>>
>>39145941
If he's following me internationally he's not doing it in a fucking Sopwith. You bail out of a jet you're not going to be walking it off.

>>39145947
If the fighter following the suspicious stolen plane sees a parachute instead of a fireball, it's manhunt time.
>>
>>39145940
>"what if Skynet stuck a nuke up Arnie's arsehole and teleported him straight into your bedroom at 3am, huh?"
Made me laugh/10. Since they're completely naked after teleportation and since he's a machine, his facial expression is dead serious.
>>
>>39145940
The point is "I just run away" is not a viable strategy, especially not against something that can assume the identity of any human that it has come in physical contact with.
>>
>>39140941
>>39140941
I am tripping balls off this image
>>
>>39145952
>If he's following me internationally he's not doing it in a fucking Sopwith.
He could get to you with a fucking sailboat if he had to. Time is no object.
>>
File: 20180903_095017.png (1.4 MB, 1109x831)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>39145946
Hillary clinton shill detected. How much are they paying you? Were you active in 2016? Talk damnit
>>
File: oh_shit.jpg (80 KB, 664x940)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
>>39145958
Terminators are known to fuck up regularly in violent ways that attract attention. It's not "I just run away" it's "I keep moving until it gets shot to shit with heavy ordnance".

>>39145962
Okay great, and with every hour I get harder to find and he has to interact more with people who could blow his cover. Time is on my side if I've got the entire world to hide in.
>>
>>39145973
>Terminators are known to fuck up regularly in violent ways that attract attention
Not the T-1000, the epitome of Terminators.
>>
>>39145973
>"Anon, it's your mother. Could you help me with something?"
That's how the T-1000 gets you.
>>
>>39145991
"Not now mum, I told you I'm on the run from a murderbot and I'm totally in Mecca right now, wink wink".
>>
>>39145991
Or it turns into your toilet and Vlad the Impaler's you when you go to drop a deuce. The T-1000 has many ways to kill it's prey.
>>
>>39146006
Well yeah, but we're back in Arnie's Anal Nuke territory here. In the films the Terminator is always just retarded enough that you have a chance.
>>
>>39146012
This. In reality, the T-800 would have just bum rushed Sarah in Tech-noir and pulverized her skull instead of delicately aiming his pistol for thirty seconds.
>>
>>39146006
>Or it turns into your toilet and Vlad the Impaler's you when you go to drop a deuce.
I'd pay to see this. Brutal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz9OKVuSgxw
I love how he pushed open the door, effortlessly breaking the lock. The scenes where he's hunting down Sarah Connor's from the phone book and acquiring weapons are some of the best in the film/
>>
File: No.jpg (46 KB, 480x270)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>39145991
>"Anon, it's your mother. Could you help me with something?"
>>
>>39146035
Think twice about sitting down out your bed, it might just impale you up your asshole and exit through the top of your skull in an instant.
>>
File: 1534735634613.jpg (389 KB, 1466x834)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>39140941
If you don't have enough weapons under your ownership to break a T-800 then you don't belong on /k/

Really, anybody with a nugget could break a terminator.
>>
>>39146047
Wrong. If there's one thing the films are consistent with, it's that if you stand and fight conventionally you're fucked unless you're in a goddamn tank.
>>
>>39141225
Man, Ted was a pretty good looking guy.

I hope he's doing ok these days.
>>
>>39145952
>You bail out of a jet you're not going to be walking it off.
He has a cyber-brain; he can easily calculate the right way to put it into a vertical stall or otherwise sort out the trajectory and velocity enough to be able to jump. And probably still aim the jet so it lands on you once he's out.

>If the fighter following the suspicious stolen plane sees a parachute instead of a fireball, it's manhunt time.
Oh no, a manhunt for the Terminator. How could a T-800 possibly handle an on-foot manhunt. I know you're just playing but you're undermining your own dumb argument
>>
>>39140941
EZPZ

The giveaway of a terminator is its weight. It's slightly heavier than the average human, hovering around 400 lbs.

Thus, I would surround my property with pit traps topped with coverings rated at 250lbs and set explosives at the bottom of each pit rigged to detonate on impact.

Chuck a few pipebombs in the hole before recovering my sweet sweet Arnie loot to sell to Cyberdine.

Side effect is you also perform a public service by killing any disgusting, lazy, selfish fatbodies in the area before they have the opportunity to jack up the price of health insurance for productive and responsible citizens.
>>
You are all kind of missing the point.
Kyle Reese was meant to be in his early 20s. He knows nothing about the 1980s.

And if you were in 1984, you wouldn't know anything about the future.

But if I knew the scope of both, I wouldnt try to fight T800.

I would fly out of the country.
Or, if I had to fight, I would get a Carl Gustav or an M47 Dragon. Maybe a Red Eye launcher. I doubt it is as strong as a Russian tank.
>>
>>39146112
>How could a T-800 possibly handle an on-foot manhunt.

It's fucked hard when the drones see him.
>>
>>39146560
Terminator 1 was set in 1984, anon.

If Skynet were to send a machine back to 2018, she'd send a more advanced model. See also: every single sequel.
>>
I run to central Asia or something. No CCTV / internet / other surveillance as much as in developed nations so it can't find me via electronic means.
Other option is to just bait it to an all-out shootout with the government. Since I'm not in the US our cops would get fucked up, but eventually they'd mobilize the quick reaction brigade and kill it with AT weaponry, HMGs, GMGs, tanks, aircraft or artillery. I just need to survive the initial encounter, which admittedly isn't easy.
The downside is that if I don't defeat it personally, my government (and likely others) will gain access to advanced Skynet technology and accelerate the coming Judgement Day. That'll suck.
>>
>>39140941
Phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
>>
>>39143973
This guy is brilliant, he knows what's up.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/report-las-vegas-professor-shot-himself-in-arm-to-protest-trump/
>>
File: fuckbot 5000.gif (2.94 MB, 300x168)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB GIF
>>39145801
>>39145278
>>39145264
>>
>>39145920
Wow that seems like it would be really painful
>>
>>39145973
>Terminators are known to fuck up regularly in violent ways that attract attention
>fuck up
He's just doing his job. No money? No problem. He won't get cop unless police are right there.

Imagine the t800 in the UK with all them cameras though. They'd have so much footage of him just fucking shit up and trying to hunt him down.
>>
>>39146047
This plays into what the t800 would want you to do. This is where it would start the hunt and end the hunt if you stayed put.
>>
File: shodan-net.jpg (31 KB, 250x268)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>39146613
>she
always...
>>
>>39140941
Ruger 10/22 with a big mag. The storm of bouncing bullets will eventually erode the titanium.
>>
File: TERMSE_SIDEA-5.5.jpg (82 KB, 1280x696)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>39146062
Not in this universe. You can see resistance soldiers with real FN NATO in Terminator 1.
>>
>>39146910
That's for the normie robots they face, terminators are not pushovers. Meanwhile the big destructo-bots and skynet ospreys go down pretty easy.
Terminators were specifically designed to be able to tank that shit.
>>
>>39145791
>>39145798
>>39145829
>Implying it doesn't just swim
>>
File: terminator.jpg (172 KB, 1344x756)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>39141301
>Government niggers now have t800 to reverse engineer
you played yourself
>>
>>39146019
That was in slow mo, it was probably more like a few seconds.
>>
>>39146950
And thus the paradox is complete.
>>
>>39144990
Dale Gribble
>>
File: satchel_charge.jpg (13 KB, 380x292)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>39140941
>How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?
There are very few problems this magic pouch fails to solve
>>
>>39145919
The floor is lava
>>
>>39145715
>Thats something I've always hates about the T-800's portrayal in T3 onwards. That it's this super-human machine that can pry safe doors wide open, or pick up incredibly heavy stuff and toss then around like their nothing.
>T1 and T2 was realistic in that they portrayed the T-800 has simply the worlds strongest body builder, but it can't do crazy shit and even a human (i.e. Ginger's boyfriend) can possibly hold their own against a T-800 in certain circumstances.
We really need a new murderbot franchise, now that we can actually build humanoid robots many of the terminators attempts to move in a robotic way don't look convincing. If we assume a Scifi power source and AI we more or less know how it would move and how strong it would be based on current robots. Even when disguised as a human it should probably be CG, I doubt an actor could imitate actual robotic quirks, they tend to be more dexterous than humans but move the minimum needed joints at the slowest speed to complete the task.

Same with the armor, T-800 durability is possibly lower than the best we can do now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
>>
>>39147663
>implying anything we build today could be human-sized and resistant to real-freakin-nato
no. that part remains as fictional as the power supply.
>>
>>39143805
They tried using .50 on Robocop.
They added some vismod to a Barret and called it OCPs cobra assault cannon.
>>
>>39146910
Didn't they all get fucked by Franko Columbo?
>>
with a large magnet, or high voltage electricity
>>
>>39147663
That motion will get better with time, though. Just like animation. When I was doing computer animation in the 90's, everyone always said they'd never get a human gait to look right.
>>
>>39140941
Maybe a semi auto carbine in 50 BMG
>>
>>39145149
On a side note I was friends with a friend of Robert Patrick. They went to acting school together.
After T2 came out Patrick had to grow a beard to go out in public.
He was getting harassed too much.
Also went to a bar and guys wanted to start a fight with him because he portrayed such a bad ass.
He also said Arnold was a dick to him. He didn't know why.
>>
>>39147919
well he's the most badass terminator ever so he's got that going for him.
>>
>>39147810
We can absolutely build IRL terminators today, complete with hollywood-grade prosthetic human skin. Just piece together everything you've seen about humanoid bots (including the fact that everyone besides DARPA went radio-silent on their android projects about ten years ago) and modern animatronics.

Depends what you mean by "resistant" though. A robot can't feel pain and won't bleed to death, and can have titanium bones and subdermal kevlar, and some degree of vital redundancy. That's without getting too crazy/specialised.
>>
>>39147810
>as fictional as the power supply

pretty sure the whole battery capacity wall is artificial at this point, dude. DoD is kinda notorious for buying up battery research and then memory holing it.
we might not be getting our hands on it any time soon but "fictional" is probably naive
>>
>>39147810
>no. that part remains as fictional as the power supply.
You might be surprised, I saw a rheinmetal armor brochure, they listed their latest ceramics as 5x more protection per kg against kinetic rounds than RHA, even some newer steel alloys were approaching 2x, given a robot can afford to carry 100kg and doesn't have to worry about dying from the impact even if the armor is fine. The limbs would be weaker but I would be surprised if the torso and head worked out to less than 50mm of RHA equiv protection.

>>39147880
>That motion will get better with time, though. Just like animation. When I was doing computer animation in the 90's, everyone always said they'd never get a human gait to look right.
That's assuming the robot is trying to imitate humans, in combat it will outperform human movements trying to act human would hold it back, actors would be ok for non action scenes.
>>
>>39148019
Ceramic would break and eventually be useless. So nah.
>>
>>39148041
Usually they're sandwiched between thin plates of titanium or steel, new advancements allowed them to reduce the grain sizes to the point they no longer fracture. If you're prepared to spend even more money ceramic fiber composite matrix materials are possible, imagine carbon fiber but instead of epoxy joining it all together it's ultra high hardness ceramic.
>>
>>39148397
That sounds like bullshit since ceramic plates work precisely because they shatter. Proofs plz I'm interested
>>
>>39148490
>since ceramic plates work precisely because they shatter.
I think you are confusing shattering projectiles and shattering the plates.
>>
>>39148577

Ceramic plates shatter to expend the KE of the round. That's why a Ceramic plate stops being effective after a set of rounds, even if you target a different section of the plate.

There are designs that compensate for this, but they're rare.
>>
>>39149846
>even if you target a different section of the plate
>Ceramic plate stops being effective after a set of rounds

You know how I know you've been reading too many warranties and too few engineering textbooks?
>>
>>39149865

Do I need to explain crack propagation to you or are you going to admit you don't have enough of a background?

You wouldn't wear a plate that's been shot at, don't even pretend you would. The reason you wouldn't is because you'd be gambling on having a large enough intact piece of ceramic between you and an incoming round.

Of course, there's ways around this. LIBA has excellent multi-hit capabilities by preventing spread of cracks that cause the plate to fail.

But hey, keep snarking: Ceramics won't suddenly become elastic because you're smug on the internet.
>>
>>39149946
I've been shot in the ESAPIs, and they predate multi-tile configs IIRC. The energy soaked radiates out like a fractal, so cracks reaching across a plate, instead of powdering a 1" radius, are fucking rare.
>>
File: Dumping Constitution.gif (1.89 MB, 320x240)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>39149978

>My plate has a ~3 inch square area that is incapable of defending against another hit.

I don't think that's a useful definition of effective.
>>
>>39150005
It kept me alive - that's a good enough definition of effective for me.

Plates are not for simulating invincibility. Multi-hit is nice and can come in handy, but real life has dispersion. If you're taking 15 hits, some of them are going to end up outside that tiny hitbox covering 10% of your body, in places like your pelvis, lower spine, femorals and skull.
>>
File: 1535403360678.png (2.64 MB, 2416x2142)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
>>39150040

For a man who accused me of reading warranties, that's a wholly unacceptable way to rate plates.

I'm glad you made it, but my job isn't to support anecdotes about people who survived gunfights. It's to see results like pic related become mainstream.
>>
>>39147878
I thought all their circuitry and everything was insulated? Presumably because future stuff would enable you to do that.
>>
>>39150040
Basically a ceramic plate has the potential for taking multiple hits but you wouldn't bet your life on it and would swap for a new one ASAP.
>>
>>39150115
>I read a lot of spec sheets
>I want to see more people read spec sheets
Wow great, why dont you shoot a plate sometime? /bag/ is probably the worst general ive ever seen. The meme that /arg/ doesnt shoot is fine and all because some people do and their impacts are made but with the exception of anecdotes like the dude ITT who got hit with an esapi (and myself who has shot the shit out of level 4 plates and contrary to the /bag/ assumption that they would fail they did not) very few people have actually shot a plate or been shot at while wearing a plate. You arent comparing which holster is best or the weight of a specific bullet, you are making specsheet decisions that will have real life consequences if someone is shot.
>>
>>39150366

>Shoot a plate

A. Singular.

I see no reason to pretend I respect your opinion when you rely on small scale testing and anecdote.

I'm not asking you to read spec sheets. 90% of /k/ isn't trained enough to make a useful decision based on them.

I'm asking you to acknowledge that ceramic mono-plates are flawed by design. They serve their specifications, but there's no reason we can't exceed them easily as soon as we stop sucking off ancient technology.

You're the exact reason I'm in this field: because it's so easy to pretend that we're on the cutting edge when basic physics says otherwise.
>>
>>39150115
You're sperging out. Ceramic plates are known multi-hit capable, and copy-pasta from a nerd chasing internet praise for "dual rating" plates doesn't change it.
>>
>>39150424
>A. Singular.
Shoot multiple plates, I dont care its your money not mine. Jerking off spec sheets is even less practical than shooting a single plate. Spec sheets provide a basis for comparative analysis of plates but it does a poor job of translating into a realworld results (the same reason ballistic gel is useful for comparison bult ultimately is capable of letting people down) as your chest isnt made out of clay. Every single criticism that esapi guy above has is a completely valid realworld concern. There is a reason the "second chance" series of armor products selected that branding, because armor no matter how good is impractical to completely coat yourself with. I challenge anyone from /bag/ to sink two shots into the same piece ceramic plate whilst the plate is attached to a moving torso that is shooting back at them.
>I'm in this field:
Youre circlejerking in a general on 4chan on a friday, not researching in a laboratory.
>when basic physics says otherwise
It would be material sciences not physics but see above for why your specsheet based "omg its so much easier to make something better" opinion holds so little value to anyone who cares about real world performance. Garage manufactured LIBA plates is perhaps the most hilarious thing ive read on 4chan short of the interconnected tunnel network memes or taking over a country memes (atleast those people knew they were joking).
>>
>>39150424
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG15mCbj74w
>tfw fat arfcom boomers do more relevant work than u
>>
>>39146613
Why? They're all coming from the future, who cares when they go back?
>>
>>39140941
>dig pit
>cover pit
>lure t800 into pit
>fill it with concrete and laugh
>>
>>39150763
Better yet
Make the pit the front entrance to rebel hq
Put a sheet of plywood over it
Heavy terminator cracks it and falls in
>>
>>39150833
>tfw the terminator infiltrated the rebel HQ 9 months ago and you're busy digging holes and covering them with plywood
>>
File: 1531667994435.jpg (88 KB, 1424x648)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>39141370
>should of
>>
>>39148490
>That sounds like bullshit since ceramic plates work precisely because they shatter. Proofs plz I'm interested
There's not a huge amount of info, Germany appears to have a bit of a head start using it, their AMAP armor mentions use of nano-crystalline ceramics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Modular_Armor_Protection
Despite sounding like a meme nano-crystalline ceramics are a thing and have different properties, when the grain size gets small enough cracks no longer propagate beyond where the impact was, most of the info was in various scientific papers I read years ago, if you dig around on google for nano-crystalline ceramic armor there should be some info. I don't imagine it is used in body armor, it needs to be in a composite with metal outer layers to provide structure. They probably could make a body armor version but a plate that can survive multiple .50 BMG hits but the chances of a human wearing it surviving a too small to justify the extreme cost.

For a terminator type machine it makes more sense, it's already made of metal, adding nano-crystalline ceramic layers is easy, if someone sprays it with .50 BMG and destroys an arm it's still not totally incapacitated and the impacts on the armor won't hurt it like a human would be.
>>
Jokes on you dipshit i already would have terminated myself. Mission failed you glorified toaster.
>>
>>39145791
>implying the thing wouldn't find a way to get a passport if it really wanted to
>implying it couldn't just get a job as an airline pilot on your flight some day.

In genysis, when they time travel from the 80's to modern time they run into Arnold again driving a new mini van 30 years later. So that means in addition to blending in long-term these things are capable of forging identities for themselves.

If you think genysis is crap and doesn't count, that's fine. I think there was an episode of the Sarah connor chronicles or some shit where a terminator gets sent back to the 1880's instead of the 1980's, opens a up a general store, lives a life as a successful businessman, and then walls himself off and goes dormant until 1980.
>>
>>39140941
The the ATF he has an unregistered SBR.
>>
>>39150716
That's not the reason, but the reason is covered in the movies, which I'm not going to explain to you.
>>
>>39140941
Thermite, just lots of fucking thermite.
>>
>>39150005
Sauce on the gif?
>>
>>39146490
>The giveaway of a terminator is its weight.
So, stairs?
>>
>>39146762
>I run to central Asia or something. No CCTV / internet / other surveillance as much as in developed nations so it can't find me via electronic means.
Yeah, but now you're the only other white person. Everyone knows where you are.
>>
>>39143844
>.50 can't kill a robot
Bull-fucking-shit, most centerfire rifle bullets with AP bullets would make Swiss cheese out of that robot, any armor able to completely resist it would make the Terminator so heavy it would start cracking concrete.
>>
>>39146001
lmao
>>
>>39146950
This wouldn't be so funny if it wouldn't be so fucking true.
>>
>>39153438
he doesn't have a dog
>>
>>39153908
There's Russians in Kazakhstan though. Hell, just go to a tourist destination without a very high tech level.

>>39153937
Magic future alloys already make them essentially bulletproof to small arms.
>>
File: Stares in tea.jpg (54 KB, 960x541)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>39146047
Actually a fair amount of that pic is wrong. Shotguns can be more than 2+1 on a Sec 1. You need to give them a reason for owning a shotgun now as well (fucking piece of shit government) and they're trying to ban .50 BMG using the Armagh snipers as justification. You can get lever release and MARS guns at the moment however they're trying to ban them. You can own "obsolete calibre" weapons without anything but you need a licence to get ammo.

However yes, fuck British gun law and the government, P.A Luty did nothing wrong. Problem is most people here (UK) are total spergs about guns, imagine your typical Cali student but 10x worse. I've had people unironically tell me they'd "talk down" any criminals (despite even professionally trained negotiators often being unable to do this) At this point it's impossible for gun rights to be secured in Britain, no party will support them because they'd lose votes and we can't overthrow the government because simply not enough people care about guns.
>>
>>39156772
I should add, I'd use C1 and WP IEDs or fly out to Ukraine like another anon said but get a PTRD and just sit inside a concrete bunker with only one door. I refuse to believe any bullshit unobtainium robot alloy can stop 14.5mm and I'm pretty sure one of the terminator variants got killed with an M82 Barrett so I'd assume it'd work anyway in this hypothetical.
>>
>>39156480
>magic alloys
>plasma weapons exist
Skynet must be beyond fucking retarded, why in the fuck would it design and build weapons that can damage and destroy its own units? Bullets work just fine, and the resistance sure as fuck isn't building any.
>>
>>39146947
>swim
>1000lbs+
>sinks to the bottom of the ocean
>gets crushed
10/10
>>
>>39140941
going by what the movies and tv show say, 50bmg to the head is enough. I'd go so far as to claim 338lm will do too. in fact, 300winmag might as well.
>>
>>39157304
Skynet would always be interested in developing weapons technologies that can kill humans faster. And the Resistance just has to reverse-engineer those weapons or invent them on their own.
>>
>>39152897
BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT, SNAKE, THAT'S A TIME PARADOX! Why would Skynet send a robot to kill someone it knows is going to kill themselves anyway?
>>
>>39146490
>The giveaway of a terminator is its weight. It's slightly heavier than the average human, hovering around 400 lbs.
>It's slightly heavier than the average human, hovering around 400 lbs.
>slightly heavier than the average human
>400 lbs
>average human
lol murica

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.