[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: pew pew.png (659 KB, 628x1326)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
Rate this shootout, Friday edition
Today's is a doozy. https://youtu.be/JHU0cmHviH0

imo the person screaming "he pulled a gun on us" got the dude killed. God damn.

>A grand jury found that both Dewey and Officer Shawn McKenzie were justified in firing their weapons. A Multnomah County Grand Jury has cleared two Portland State University (PSU) officers of criminal wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of Jason Washington. Washington, 45-year-old African American Navy veteran, was shot outside an off-campus bar in the early hours of July 29 after trying to break up a fight, according to bystanders. While attempting to intervene, Washington’s personal handgun allegedly fell out of his belt holster onto the sidewalk. When a pair of PSU officers saw Washington reach down to retrieve his weapon, they shot him. Washington died on the scene. The grand jury decision, called a "not true bill," means jurors believe both Officer James Dewey and Officer Shawn McKenzie acted lawfully "in self-defense and/or defense of a third person," by shooting Washington. Washington is the first person to die at the hands of a PSU police officer since campus officers began carrying firearms in 2015.
>>
>>39149897
>HE PULLED A GUN ON US BRO! HE PULLED A GUN ON US!
>YOU SHOT HIM WHAT THE FUCK HE HAD A CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT BRO
>YOU FUCKED UP BRO JUST SHOOT ME TOO FUCK
what the god damned fuck is going on
>>
Jeez, that situation was fucked, but how hard is it to understand the cops just showed up and don't know what the fuck is going on.

Yes, you just dropped your weapon, you legally own. They told you not to pick it up, I think it's pretty reasonable to leave it there while they get the situation under control.
>>
What the fuck was any of that
>>
I mean, fuck. I have been in and out on a blackout, like drunk in the middle of the road. Even I complied with all orders, and treated the cop who was just trying to do his job with respect.

Guess what? He took me to the station until someone could come pick me up.

If I could do it while I was so completely inebriated, why is it so hard for blacks?
>>
Damn that sucks. What a dumbass to pick up a gun with the cops around but I guess that’s what happens when you are drunk

That being said I like these threads
>>
File: 1525552623010.png (17 KB, 633x772)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>39149897
that's pretty tragic but what sort of autism causes something like this to happen in the first place?
>>
>>39150212
What a dumbass to pick up a gun with the cops around

>be me
>at range
>cops also practice there
>shooting on the range with my guns
>holding guns
>dont get shot
>leave when done

I held guns and shot guns next to cops and nothing happened.
>>
>>39150212

>go drinking with your CCW
>get into a fist fight
>drop your gun in front of cops
>too drunk/confused/hyped to hear cops screaming at you
>get shot because you did something pretty stupid

I actually don't think this was that bad. You're not supposed to have a gun on you in public while you're intoxicated. Unless someone knows this dude was straight sober then idk what the problem is.
>>
File: straw-man-meme.jpg (64 KB, 800x441)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>39150254
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>39150260
>>go drinking with your CCW
They say your IQ drops 20 points when intoxicated, if you get into fights or act retarded when drunk, I have bad news.
>>
>>39150271

It's not even that, it's illegal. If something like this happened and the cops show up with you beating up a guy it'll be bad. You could be in the right for beating on him but when they find out you're carrying a gun and drunk/over the limit they're going to put you in jail.
>>
His fault for getting involved in things that aren't his business.
>Portland
Doubly his fault for setting up in a blue city
>>
>>39150260
This is why I always tell /k/ that going to the bar with a CC is the stupidest thing you can do with a gun.

>>39150271
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>39150134
Criminal Justice degree holders are known for their high IQs.
>>
>Take twenty shots for one guy
Do cops know how to shoot?
>>
>>39150150
Someone I tell people is being drunk is not an excuse.
If you can't control yourself while you're drunk, then don't drink.
>>
>>39150212
If it legal to carry when you're drunk over there?
>>
>>39150335
Spotted the nogunz
>>
>>39150335
It's pretty much been proven that civilians that shoot regularly have better accuracy than cops
>>
>>39150036
drunk college kids
>>
File: 1536932638988.png (769 KB, 900x600)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>
Clearly if he had a CCW sash this wouldn’t happen
>>
File: l-612[1].jpg (345 KB, 700x771)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>39149897
the consequences of not wearing your PT belt
>>
>>39150150
Never in doubt and ready to prove you wrong especially in retarded situations.
>>
>>39150300
This. Wanna be hero is now dead. just another dead chimp.
>>
He didn't even point the firearm at the police and they just blasted him anyway. I wouldn't say they are criminally responsible after that false report from the other asshat but these officers should lose their job.
>>
what sort of shitty holster did he have? that;s the real problem
>>
It took me something like 5 re-watches to figure out who was screaming at who, and then who the fuck even got shot. What a cluster fuck.

Also, is that his gun sticking out of his pocket at 0:21? You think the officer would have noticed that since it was all of 8 inches from him, but some dude was getting his face punched in.
>>
Is it just me or was there a high probability of hitting someone else with the vectors that the cops were shooting down
>>
>>39149897
CCW fag who got kilt better not have been drinking and carrying. got what he deserved regardless.

all of those drunk college kids should be gassed, desu. especially the loud moron.
>>
>trying to break up a street fight for some reason
>cops give you order to stop wrestling with others
>literally try to pull you out of a dogpile
>still obsessed with intervening even though its the cops job to break it up
>drop your gun and get shot

i just dont understand why someone would get involved in other peoples drunken street fights
>>
>>39150412

College kids? Those look like adults to me.
>>
>>39149897
I just watched this video on liveleak. Still cannot figure out who the fuck they shot. Theres two people on the ground at the end of the video, guy in the grey shirt and some guy in the red shirt.
>>
>>39150432
Top fucking kek. Underrated comment.
>>
>>39150307
>you have to be 18 to post here

you know drinking actually degrades your mental faculties to the point it is like actually being stupider than you actually are right?

if you are going out to get drunk, you shouldn't bring a fucking gun
>>
>>39150867
Or be a gud boi and get drunk at home with all your guns. They like to party too.
>>
>>39150867
stay off the alcohol boy, it looks like you need every drop of brain power you can get
>>
>>39150867
That has nothing to do with your own lack of years son.
>>
>>39150776
One word
sheepdawg
>>
>>39150412
>kids
Gash spotted. Those aren't kids.
>>
Dude was straight up pocket carrying! Not even in a holster! I know here in Maine it’s the same limit as driving, .08 and you cannot enter any licensed establishment if you have any alcohol in you. At least you can be the DD and look out for your friends.

So yeah, sucks that it happened but his lack of good sense got him killed. Also, fuck those cops, mag dumping at a guy who wasn’t even a threat to begin with.
>>
>>39151012
> Gash
Or just old. Seriously, I can't tell the difference between you guys under 25 anymore. You all just look young, with your lack of wrinkles and good knees.
>>
Another reason why you need to avoid violent confrontations at all costs when you're carrying. Carrying a gun doesn't make you a sheepdog who has to dive into every drunken bar fight and break it up on behalf of the people. It means you keep walking and mind your own business.
>>
>>39150293
Its not illegal to be drunk and have a cc in FL.
>>
>>39150651
>I've had this hybrid for years bro. Bro, your belt has all the retention you need, bro. Nothing is better than leather, bro.
>>
>>39149897
Lmao white boys can't handle their liquor for shit. Sloppy pussies crying and shit lol. Was waiting for a
>YOU KNOW WHO MY DAD IS BRO?!
>>
>>39150119
He was most likely drunk and also being in the heat of the moment he inductively thought to pick up his property just like a dropped set of keys or a wallet. He fucked up but I can reasonably understand why he would pick up a dropped firearm and can also understand why the cops would shoot someone picking a firearm especially when there was a fight moments ago. It was a shitshow all around, and the reason why my sheriff told me during my interview for getting my CCW to not carry if you are going to drink or be in an establishment where they serve alcohol (I still do, but that's because I don't drink alcohol).
>>
>>39151119
It absolutely is. You may not sit in the alcohol serving area of a restaurant while carrying. The only exception is actually shooting someone in self defense.
>>
>>39150867
>>39150307
>>39150271
My point is that drinking will get emotional if someone is already emotional. Life has big consequences sometimes kiddo and sometimes people can be stressed or depressed. Everyone gets emotional when drinking at least one time in their life. Hence your lack of experience or knowledge in this matter leads me to believe you're either a faggot or underage.
>>
>>39151135
>being an alcoholic is equivalent to being a man
There's not enough context to show what leads to the fight anyways.
>>
Shitshow. Statistically irrelevant.

>>39150212
Nice image. What RMR is that?
>>
File: 1478811104502.jpg (263 KB, 750x739)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>drunk with CC, which is illegal but harmless if you're not a shitbag
>gets into a fight instead of just leaving, which means he's a shitbag
>everyone around yelling constantly and not doing what the officers say, which means they're all shitbags and shitbags always flock together
So nothing of value was lost?
>>
>>39151464
Your opinion was unwarranted, go back to your containment thread
>>
>>39151464
Go back to >>39142601
>>
>>39151464
oh look a tripfag

everyone point and laugh
>>
>>39151379
It says right there that you have to be drunk and have it in your hand loaded. Simply being drunk and armed, is not a crime. I never mentioned being in or near a bar.
>>
>>39150260
That’s not true. Here in PA it’s not a crime to be drunk and possess a firearm. I just think it probably contributed to his poor reaction time and decisions.
I really do think the cops shot unnecessarily fast but who’s to say in a situation like that
>>
>>39150385
Yes. It’s legal in PA to drink and conceal carry
>>
>>39151481
I don't think he was fighting, but trying to break it up as seen when he steps inbetween the aggressors and pulls one off of the other.
Was probably intoxicated, trying to do the right thing but clearly didn't listen/hear amidst the chaos and paid the ultimate price.
>>
>>39151481
being drunk while armed is legal in Oregon.
>>
>>39151464
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>39150225
intervening in a fight you have no business in, or getting in a fight, while cc'ing after being in a bar.

Mind your fucking business and keep walking or dont cc when youre going to go out drinking and fighting
>>
>>39151464
It’s the gen 2 3.25 moa version. Works well for me because if I want precision I can put my glasses on and when I’m carrying the bloom from my slight astigmatism basically makes it a 6moa
>>
>>39150374
So much this, it's one of the the reasons I had to stop drinking.
>>
>>39151379
It says you have to be drunk, have the firearm in your hand, and loaded, and also not using it for self-defense.
You can shoot in self defense while drunk, legally.
>>
>>39152150
Are those girls clothes
>>
>>39152715
Why ask a question you already know the answer to?
>>
>>39152715
Yes they are buddy
>>
>>39151379
Why don't you review Oregon State law, where this shooting occurred, instead of Florida State law.
Different states, counties, cities have different laws on concealed carry and use of firearms.
>>
>>39152099
>he steps inbetween the aggressors and pulls one off of the other.
What a faggot.
>trying to do the right thing
Anyone that runs around trying to break up fights is a drama queen tryhard. He wanted drama and he got it. That is one more satisfied customer. Next.
>>
>>39152974
Siters?
>>
>>39150487
>be two cops in Portland
>dispatch calls in an incident, they're closest so they're first on scene
>someone called in a bar fight, says someone for sure has a gun and has pulled it out
>police get there, see a crowd of people fighting
>all they see and know is crowd of drunk people, fists are flying, someone here has a gun and has pulled it out before
>literally as they pull up someone is delivering a knuckle sandwich to some poor shit stain who gets heem'd the fuck out (@ :22)
>the only thing the crowd communicates to the cops is "that dood pulled a gun on us!!"
>as they're fighting hear and see a gun pop out and hit the concrete
>the guy tries to retrieve his gun and that's goodnight

Let's be honest here: in this situation what more could you have asked the police to do? All they know is drunks, big fight, gun. Did you expect them to know instinctively that the guy with a gun is a good guy? Did you expect them to not fear for the lives of everyone present including their own when the guy reached for a gun in the middle of the fight?
>>
>>39149897
>Shitskin getting blasted
I don't see whats wrong.
>>
>>39150487
>>39154977

I really don't believe the police could have done much different in this case. But the ccw holder? A lot he could have done differently in my opinion

1. (if he was at the bar drinking) don't drink and ccw. Drinking impairs physical ability and decision making
2. Don't involve yourself in a bar fight with a bunch of drunks. This isn't an armed robbery at a gas station; there was no deadly threat. This would have been the perfect opportunity for him to do the dance of his people: pull his phone out, start recoding and yelling "WORLD STAR HIP HOP WE OUT 'CHEA"
3. When the cops arrive on scene, just back the fuck up. Did he think he was gonna assist them in making an arrest? The second he sees the police car he could have stopped fighting/moved away and let them handle shit
4. Don't reach for a gun that gets unholstered/knocked out of your hand in the presence of police. It's obviously different than reaching for a gun that gets knocked away in the middle of a fight for your life with nobody around to help you. What would he have gained from getting his hands on his firearm at that exact moment? Sure one of the drunks could have reached for it too: which would be the exact moment the cops shoot them instead.

At the end of the day it's an unfortunate situation, but one that was manufactured. There are many police incidents that are truly unjustifiable: that SWAT team that during a felony warrant blinded and deafened a baby when they tossed a flashbang into her crib, then turned out it was the wrong house. Or that old couple who had their house raided because the police found ground up tea bags in their garbage and somehow thought it was Marijuana. Or that little boy who was shot in the face because some cop tried to ATF their family dog for charging, missed the charing chihuahua and ricocheted. This is not that.
>>
>>39154580
Is it really that far fetched and hard to believe that that anon is married/lives with his girlfriend? Why the fuck would he be taking pictures of his Draco in his sister's room? Common man.
>>
>>39155032
anon is a trap dude. he likes to dress up as a woman
>>
>>39152140
I'm more pissed at the massive influx of redditors/post fappening newfags that have inundated every fucking board with their gay shit. I can at least filter a tripfag, but sometimes the retarded shit people post on this website nowadays just makes me want to cry and die. You know there's a 4chan sub reddit that is literally just screen shots of high response posts? There are redditors who likely do nothing but go on the more popular boards like /b/ and /pol/ and post inflammatory/retarded shit just to illicit a response and farm (You)'s for upvotes. Sometimes I don't even recognize this place
>>
>>39150254

>be 16 year old me
>drive home
>cop in front of house
>house alarm is blaring
>go talk to cop
>"You live here?"
>Yeah, how long has the alarm been going off
>"About 40 minutes"
>....
>....
>tell the cop I'll go check it out then
>amazingly he lets this happen
>go inside, retrieve my father's 6" Colt Python
>clear house
>cop comes inside while I'm finishing up
>thinks nothing of 16 year old walking around with revolver

The 90s were a better time.
>>
File: 1512838800897.jpg (36 KB, 683x382)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Cops are pigs
>>
>>39154977
to be clear, these guys were the portland state campus cops. up until around 2015, they weren't even armed and only handled petty shit like shooing away homeless people or writing tickets for underage drinking, and they'd call the big-boy police from the city for anything serious.

they aren't exactly known for their competence.
>>
File: ishit.png (299 KB, 500x375)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>39151481
>be amerimutt bootlicker
>defend the police in all shootings because blue lives matter more and police are always right and fuck my fellow human beings and their rights
>get killed by jumpy cop
>"oh well i deserved to die as much as someone who ran out of ammo in their 1911"
>>
>>39155032
I recognized the dog thought it was someone I knew. Contain your autism.
>>
>>39152974
Is your partner cute?
>>
>>39149897
>terribly blurred out backwoods logo
I keked
>>
>>39151174
>(I still do, but that's because I don't drink alcohol).
based
>>
File: 1493693622056.jpg (42 KB, 514x514)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>39151174
I dont, cause it's illegal in my state
>>
>>39151048
t. 26 year old
>>
>>39156081
>nogs
>fellow humans
>>
>>39152150
how do you like that optic mount?
>>
>>39156081
6/10
Made me reply
>>
>>39155065
Welcome to post 2015. This is every board now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.