[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1511499179048.gif (693 KB, 500x380)
693 KB
693 KB GIF
I know this is kinda a meme topic but does anime *actually* make people trans? Like is there like a study for this? If so where can I find it?
>>
you have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>9411043
Yes it does. Ever since I was introduced to cute anime girls I have been having non stop feelings to act like one. I have convinced myself to stop being an icky gross hairy man and turn myself into a cutie :3
>>
No but it DOES turn you gay. Really really REALLY fucking GAY.
>>
Does movies make gay people turn straight?

Does tv shows having a gay character turn straight people gay?
>>
>>9411149
I dunno, someone needs to do a study on it
>>
idk, i feel like there's definitely this annoying archetype of trannies that play video games and watch anime and they all act really obnoxious and hyper feminine like "UWU OWO so cute!!" and it just feels like they're trying to mimmick the braindead girls you find in harem shounen anime
>>
>>9411180
I feel like that's more girls that are already trans and use Vidya and anime as escapism. These characters just influence their personality and their way of talking.
But I don't know senpai UwU :3c ( •ω• ) ._.
>>
>>9411043
It doesn't make people trans but it makes straight people into chasers with a trap fetish
>>
>>9411043
If tons of yaoi doujinshi and fanfics didn't turn me into reverse trap degen than it certainly helped.
>>
>>9411043
All anime has brainwashing to take revenge for the two nukes. Cute girls (male) is the price we pay.
>>
Can I have a cute anime girl?
>>
I read Ranma 1/2, kashimashi and pretty face as a kid and then as a teen I actively sought out explicitly trans manga for some reason so maybe.
I'm still not really convinced that I'm anything other than a perpetual egg though although I'm feeling pretty awful thinking about this all.
>>
>>9412602
I did the same thing. That's a very egg thing to do
>>
>>9412602
you're not an egg if you know you're an egg, that would make you a repressor
>>
File: 1512907148212.jpg (58 KB, 768x718)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
I use to think I was trans but I realized I'd still be into anime and video games as a girl I'd probably be happier but transitioning would just make my life harder
>>
Idk but sexually imprinting on weird bishounen animes and yaoi stuff made me think I was ftm for a few years but then I grew out of it.

Anime can confuse people maybe but otherwise I think stuff will fall in the right place.
>>
>>9414062
Mind if I ask how old you were, did you stop watching anime?
>>
>>9414073

I was around my early teens (~14-15?) when I thought maybe I was a ftm, I had just heard of the concept from livejournal (where ftm outnumbered cis men easily), was fully sexually imprinted on yaoi stuff and fantasized almost entirely on m/m (m/f grossed me out), and was already a bit of a tomboy (too awkward for nice clothes or makeup).

But the time was never right to "come out" and I think I grew out of that when I hit adulthood, by the time I was 19 I was just a tomboyish-identified bisexual girl and by my mid-20s I was downright feminine. RN I love being a woman minus whenever I get my period. So for me, I think it was just temporary awkward tomboy confusion, that kinda sorted itself out as I got older. Everyone eventually settles down where they will, and if they shift around in their identity so what?
>>
>>9414073
>>9414099

And I mostly stopped watching anime but I still sometimes do. More shoujo though than yaoi or even fujobait stuff (love Osomatsu tho).
>>
>>9414099
I never get out of it, I still watch anime and all my characters I pick a girl I cant self insert as a male character
>>
>>9414404
Thats fine too. Ultimately, if you are a girl you are a girl, if you are a guy you are a guy and who you self-insert as in your fav animes has not much to do with anything. Be yourself and identify how you want.
>>
File: 1511370728075.gif (2.06 MB, 475x498)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB GIF
>>9412551
>chasers with a trap fetish
>straight
>>
>>9411043
All trannies here are weebs so it's not a solid hypothesis.
>>
File: redpill.png (195 KB, 769x559)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>Being beta
>Anime
>Jews
>>
I didn't start watching anime until after I transitioned.
>>
im pretty convinced that a lot of ppl that transition / think theyre trans are heavy into escapism and tfw no gf type stuff and transition because they wanna be an anime girl. whether or not they started going down that rabbit hole because of actual dysphoria or because theyre just a nerd ass dude with a paraphilia i think varies from person to person but who am i to tell someone they can't transition cause theyre a total weeaboo? that said there are a lot of ppl that are trans / dysphoric that dont go heavy down the anime hole. I like some anime but no more than your average person that grew up a nerdy egg. i definitely don't want to or try to act like an anime girl that's weird imo. i rarely watch any anime now.
>>
File: 477.jpg (68 KB, 548x800)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9411043
It reinforced my masculinity and made me realise that life is a perpetual struggle. Strife makes us stronger, as men, as individuals.
>>
>>9411043
It probably has more to do with the people who watch anime rather than anime it self.
>>
>>9417073
>whether or not they started going down that rabbit hole because of actual dysphoria or because theyre just a nerd ass dude with a paraphilia i think varies from person to person
Why do you think there's a difference?
>>
>>9417579
agp is interesting
>>
File: cea.png (1014 KB, 1280x720)
1014 KB
1014 KB PNG
>>9411043
JoJo made me trans tbhon.
>>
>>9414404
>self inserting at all

How disgusting.
>>
>>9417027
That was a disgusting thread but your pic is /b/ level.
>>
>>9411043
I thought this idea was ridiculous until I remembered going to an anime convention in the 6th grade and discovered and loved azumanga daioh. Now I'm terrified.
>>
>>9421021

Self-insert is the BEST way to read any romance manga and if you disagree you are fucking WRONG
>>
>>9411043
I dunno dude, Donovan fucking Guts in the ass did not give me disphoria.
>>
Is there any real evidence or studies on this?
>>
>>9422069
Now you're asking the right questions.
>>
>>9412914
I'm not the anon you responded to but I have also sought out and read shitloads of gender bender manga (and hentai manga)

What if I think it would be pretty swell to be a cute girl but don't feel any dysphoria or discomfort with my current body or feel any need to transition.
>>
>>9422069
It's completely impossible to do a valid study, the absolute best you could get would be a statistical correlation, that many people who are trans started watching anime and that they started feeling dysphoria after starting.

But that's also not very good as a study, since that could more be connected to puberty, being a social outcast etc
>>
>>9411308
This. They usually don't socialize with males or females but only """socialize""" with anime characters, so that's where they pick up habits from and develop their character.
>>
>>9412577
Can I BE a cute anime girl?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.