[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bj.jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
i am a cis bi man but i hate when people stereotype gender any one else here feal the same
>>
>>9551544
The only people who like gender roles are feminists and other conservatives.
>>
>>9551580
3 wave i can agree but the suffergets and equle rights movement for woman in the frist and 2ed wave are not and 3 wave feminists spit on the face of every feminest that fought for the couse
>>
>>9551617
You mean the suffragettes and "equal rights" movement that sent white feathers to shame men into going to their deaths in the World Wars?
>>
>>9551633
I wouldn't mind going to this impending one. Seems like it'll be quick.
>>
File: HNI_0049_MPO.jpg (70 KB, 640x480)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>9551544
Also all three of those things. What's the point of complaining when - in even the eyes of the most conservative feminist - we're wrong and the problem tho? And on the other hand, they laud their own for batshit, unaccountable behavior?
>>
>>9551633
woman should be sigened up to the daft like every other person that sings up[ for FAFSA is get aid from the government and what woman have voted to decare war and the world wars where justafued wars in my eyes the lustiana atack is when we should have entered ww1 and even throw we pit ecnoic pressure thay where the ones tthat disided to bomb pearl harbor and thay have a noto like treaty so by declaring war on japan the war with itily and germney was inevttbial
>>
File: emagoldman.jpg (262 KB, 879x1236)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>9551633

first wave feminism was a reactionary movement for upper class white women

real feminists never supported the right to vote

> As if women have not sold their votes, as if women politicians cannot be bought!

Radfem Ema Goldman
>>
>>9551695
>woman should be sigened up to the daft like every other person
By "every other person" you mean "men"?

But I agree entirely. That would be equality. Where were your feminists who didn't support gender roles then, when gender roles meant men being sent to endure forced labor and death?

They were nowhere. They were as conservative as every feminist really is, from the very start to the present day.
>>
>>9551705
based Emma
>>
I fucking love gender roles and I love doing almost everything stereotypically male.
>>
>>9551706
Pretty sure if you asked them, most feminists want to abolish the draft all together, that was basic left wing politics all the way back in the 70s desu.
I'm pretty sure the only reason that the draft is still around is because no one cares enough for it to be politically worth changing; the only times i ever hear about it is when people on the internet want to complain about feminism.
>>
>>9551959
>most feminists want to abolish the draft all together
Try reading >>9551633
>>
>>9551959
>only reason that the draft is still around
Actually there is no draft, just registration. Registration is an anachronism given all the data the government already has on us.
>>
>>9552137
Several European countries still have conscription, but feminists there are more bothered about not enough gender quotas in education, work and politics than about males being used as slaves.
>>
Not really, no. Stereotypes are a quick way to understand the world, they're unavoidable and mostly helpful. If people take offence with this reality it's because they're not yet fully comfortable with themselves!
>>
>>9552146
Perhaps men should be upset at men being used as slaves. Why should women have to deal with what is purely, totally, and completely the fault of men in the first place (but not necessarily the SAME men)?

When both sides feel like meeting on even grounds we can talk about even actions. Until 'get in the kitchen' isn't so common as to be banal, or 'woman driver' is a phrase that makes people chuckle, that's not going to happen.
>>
>>9552146
This is true, and I know the white feather thing was British, but then FAFSA came up and how you can't get federal student aid if you're AMAB and haven't registered with Selective Service. The whole registration thing here is just really stupid, especially because sex discrimination is baked into it. The idea of penalizing only AMABs if they don't comply with an anachronistic and useless requirement is really retarded.
>>
>>9552182
>not my problem
Feminism's care for equality revealed.

>men's fault
All the rights of voting, none of the responsibility for what they vote for. Feminism strikes again.

Thank you for revealing just how little you care about the welfare of males.
>>
>>9552207
It's a valuable reminder of males' place as second class citizens.
>>
>>9552164
some people can fit in to stereotypes but not all and i think it has to do with tribalism and conditioning the masks are not the people underneath them
>>
>>9552209
>only brings up men's welfare when someone mentions women's issues
Stop using men's problems to mask your hatred of women and actually go out and help some vets or something.
>>
Most 'normal' people fall quite naturally into gender roles, though and barely think about them.
>>
>>9555573
No they don't lol, kids get pressured and indoctrinated in order to match their gender roles in the pettiest of ways.
>>
>>9555614
Like what?

Teenagers do, to an extent. Kids not so much.
>>
I work with a guy who is a bit short and has dat ass, he wears tight jeans.

One of my coworkers said she doesn't really consider him a man because he wears tight jeans and has booty.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>9555778
Why do women use misgendering as an insult to men like this?
>>
>>9555794
"Don't consider him as a man" isn't necessarily an insult. Means just that.
>>
>>9555794
Because females have never had to acknowledge their own toxic views on gender, the zeitgeist has never demanded it from them.
>>
>>9555809

...................as opposed to men?
>>
>>9555828
Mens' view on gender and women has drastically changed in the past few generations. But the view on men has largely remained the same.
>>
>>9555842
This isn't what you wrote, this is you saying that society's view of men hasn't changed but society's view of women has.

I disagree, I think society's view of men has changed, though mostly for the worse.
>>
>>9555879
i ideify as a man dose is make me any less of a man cuz i like mikes hard lemon aed i swere just cuz i like thigs that are stereotypicaly female nost not make u tras or less of a man i like the movie legally blonde dose that make me less of a man hell no
>>
REEEE stop expecting me to be a personality you want!

>fifteen years later i learn what trans is
>>
>>9555879
A woman can have short hair, work a job, be a dyke, and insulting her for that is unacceptable. It didn't used to be like this.

If a man wears tight jeans and has a booty it's common and tolerated to verbally emasculate him. Business as usual.
>>
>>9555924
Perhaps men should have some kind of political movement to liberate themselves from, well, each other...
>>
>>9555924
>A woman can have short hair, work a job, be a dyke, and insulting her for that is unacceptable
Bullshit, you literally just insulted them for that (ps dyke is an insulting term). Women are insulted all the time for all that and more.

Also "work a job"? Do you think women working "a job" was invented in the last few decades? You're just so full of shit like you want to complain about something but you don't know how.

>If a man wears tight jeans and has a booty it's common and tolerated to verbally emasculate him. Business as usual.
Uh nobody has ever "emasculated" someone for having "a booty" and in fact tight jeans were popular for men not too long ago. Saying you don't "see someone as a man" is meaningless and not inherently insulting either way.
>>
>>9555977
I agree, I'm just explaining why women have such a rigid view of masculinity.
>>
>>9555986
>you want to complain
chill out, go outside.
>>
>>9555986
Is this a troll? Dyke is a reclaimed word, this is 4chan, we call each other faggots in passing. I'm not insulting anyone you huge baby.

What version of reality are you living in where you can't acknowledge that men, women, and society in general has grown more tolerant of female gender noncomformity?
>>
>>9556008
>Is this a troll? Dyke is a reclaimed word,
For lesbians (or WLW). Presumably not you. The fact that words like "dyke" exist and are used to insult women who have sex with women or who are too butch is an example of that behavior being insulted.

>What version of reality are you living in where you can't acknowledge that men, women, and society in general has grown more tolerant of female gender noncomformity?
Nobody said this, you're the retard who tried to say that "insulting women [fpr gender nonconformity] is unacceptable". Which is wrong.

You also tried to insinuate that men in particular changed their attitudes, but women did not. This is also wrong.

I would also argue that the role for women has shifted, not necessarily widened.
>>
>>9556042
someones always going to piss you off
>>
>>9555986
>>9556042
>unironically posting these feminist meme pics
>>
>>9556042
>For lesbians (or WLW). Presumably not you.
Guess what, it is me. And its beside the point that this is fucking 4chan and you're a baby; when I say dyke I mean a woman who likes eating pussy, case closed.

>Nobody said this, you're the retard who tried to say that "insulting women [fpr gender nonconformity] is unacceptable"
Except it kind of is, especially among young people. Aka the last few generations I was referring to. The girl in particular who said that she 'doesn't really consider him a man' would NEVER turn around and say our butch coworker isn't really a woman.

>You also tried to insinuate that men in particular changed their attitudes, but women did not. This is also wrong.
Both genders have drastically shifted their attitudes towards the female gender.
>>
>>9555639
>Like what?
>Teenagers do, to an extent. Kids not so much.
I take it you're not very familiar with the basic elements of feminist thought.
>>
File: A9WaDvQ.png (322 KB, 563x492)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>9556081
>Except it kind of is, especially among young people.
As much as it is for males.

> The girl in particular who said that she 'doesn't really consider him a man' would NEVER turn around and say our butch coworker isn't really a woman.
How do you know? I've been told I'm not seen as a woman. It's practically considered a compliment.

>Both genders have drastically shifted their attitudes towards the female gender.
And the male gender. Society shifts together, and not all shifts are particularly positive anyway.
>>
>>9556104
>as much as it is for males
Absolutely not true.

Look, I don't think you understand what I'm getting at here. A woman can be feminine in appearance or masculine in appearance and to the past few generations, it won't make much of a difference. The same respect is afforded.

But if a man is soft or feminine then he will definitely be viewed as lesser and given less respect.
>>
>>9556081
>WLW
What is this?
>>
>>9556104
do u have a pussy do u identify as a woman then ur a woman ie tomboys and still woman
>>
>>9556159
>A woman can be feminine in appearance or masculine in appearance and to the past few generations, it won't make much of a difference.
It literally and absolutely will make a difference. A beautiful feminine woman will get way more respect than a butch woman. Unless a job is more masculine oriented, then she gets treated worse.

>But if a man is soft or feminine then he will definitely be viewed as lesser
Nah, he'll be seen as an artist or a thinker or a celebrity.

>>9556262
Yep
>>
>>9556344
>>But if a man is soft or feminine then he will definitely be viewed as lesser
>Nah, he'll be seen as an artist or a thinker or a celebrity.
Feminists are delusional.
>>
>>9551544
"cis bi"

is there anything that screams egg louder?
>>
>>9556344
>A feminine woman will get way more respect than a butch woman
Sorry but this is absolutely not true for millennials and gen z
>>
>>9556380
I am a millennial, you are full of garbo.
>>
>>9556405
>>9556405
Nope.
>>
>>9556422
u sterotype of whole generation thats stupid
>>
>>9551972
Ignoring the fact that i am talking about today and not over 100 years ago; the shaming of pacifists and men who chose not to enlist is entirely unrelated to women's suffrage and something that was endemic to all of society at the time.
To suggest that feminism was at fault for this is really grasping.
>>
>>9555639
>>Teenagers do, to an extent. Kids not so much.
If you're nonconforming as a kid you will likely get pressured, violently even. If you're "normal" you might not even notice.
>>
>>9555794
>Why do women use misgendering as an insult to men like this?
You do know that men insult other men like that. And boys other boys.
>>
>>9557455
Internalized misandry. As women treat them so do they treat each other.
>>
>>9557472
I think it's better to not argue over who is to blame for what, but to recognize that the way things are can cause problems for everyone, and try to find a better way forward. Casting blame just makes people defensive and argumentative.
>>
>>9557484
we need to be able to confront are problems head on or thay will just be put on a back burner if u give ant fucks abought ofending people then nonthing will get done
>>
>>9557484
When was the last time you said this to a feminist?

Didn't think so.
>>
>>9559340

>but muh feminism
Why are males so retarded? People bash feminists all the time are you fucking new to the world?
>>
>>9551544

No kill yourself you fucking faggot
>>
HSTS trans and bisexuality are both gay erasure. No surprise both groups share common creed in their denial of fundamental, innate, preferential, same-sex attraction.
>>
>>9559467

No it is not! You are a demon.
>>
>>9551544
I am a cis bi man and every stereotype has it's basis in reality
>>
>>9559743
op here i never said there wore not people that fit in to stereotypes just that not every one dose
>>
>>9557442
This. Then again, the majority of people will take on gender roles quite naturally, so it won't be brought up as an important issue. If it can even be called important.
>>
>>9560713
>Then again, the majority of people will take on gender roles quite naturally
Bullshit.
>>
>>9560725
Let me rephrase: finds older role models of the same gender, and desperately tries to form their persona to that ideal.
>>
>>9559348
You should expect to be held to a higher standard when you proclaim yourself to be an activist for gender equality than someone who puts no thought into it. Sure, no one should treat others wrong, but feminists have all the power and actually claim they care about this stuff, so you come off as a huge hypocrite if you go against everything you preach. And people don't like hypocrites.
>>
>>9560760
Yeah feminists are hypocrites. No shit.

But going "muh feminism" when it has nothing to do with shit makes you look like a weenie.
>>
>>9559340
my sister all the time
>>
>>9561303
>all the time
Obviously she takes no notice.
>>
>>9561306
she is a dismissive bitch she also hate my dad cuz he takes my side even when he saported her she is a peace of shit that i tryu to keep out of my life but i am a weak man that has needs that are real are dark
>>
>>9561313
Why should anybody stop thinking feminists are the enemy when you know from your own family they won't stop being the enemy?
>>
>>9561321
thay should not sexism is the enemy and most feminists are sexists now days we should be at war with there sexist bullshit not the idea that men and woman should be equle if thay vlam to want equality lets give it to them
>>
File: 1502575009440.jpg (84 KB, 600x600)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
"I hate it when people stereotype a whole gender"
>whole thread is full of stereotypes about feminists
>>
>>9551705
Can Emma ever be surpassed as the goat feminist?
>>
>>9562762
feministism is a believe system not a identity
>>
>>9562739
>and most feminists are sexists now days
All, not most.
>>
>>9551544
not really, I think for the most part it's a natural result of our biologies and social structure.
>Do I wish it was different?
Fuck yes, I do, but it can't be helped.
>>
>>9565618
Sad but true
>>
File: marxistfeminism.jpg (102 KB, 728x546)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>9562762

most people don't even know that extreme feminism is the most red pilled ideology
>>
File: utGWmev.png (112 KB, 302x323)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>9566754
exactly. People trying to force a change in this fundamental principle will never work. It would never succeed without mass lobotimization and/or rejection of people who don't accept those facets of truth. Even then, I wouldn't want to live in that society.

Ideally I could wave a magic wand and switch from being a man to a woman overnight, but that's high fantasy and we are hundreds of years away from that ever being a reality.
>>
File: hitler_and_kirby.jpg (59 KB, 960x893)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>9566772

>women's performance/value in the workforce is exactly equal to men's

Do these idiots not know what testosterone is or something?
>>
>>9566772
I hope you realize that this is some seriously /leftypol/-tier garbage.
Not I'm not implying the opposite and saying that /pol/ is right, but what you posted is a far cry from "most red-pilled."
>>
>>9567641
It doesn't say that, it says unequal standing.

Also all variants of Marxist feminism worth anything at all (can't speak for leftypol shit variants) means people are paid for childcare/housework as well. A fair wage for childcare alone would go a long long way towards making women equal to men.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.