[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1529553460142.gif (47 KB, 306x469)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
Kierkegaard, Camus, Sartre, Jung, JP, and Evola--who JP totally copies almost verbatim when prognosticating--have yielded no relief from Nietzsches hammer. Is nihilism purely our generations philosophical dilemna to overcome--or not and just accept, or, are there any other writers that I can still read for a possible solution?
>>
File: myman.jpg (476 KB, 1676x2500)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>11452854
>any other writers
the apostles.
>>
>>11452864
Christianity has been BTFO. I'm sure you know this and are just larping, so I'll be a good goy, but for the sake of this thread can we cut the bull shit out and do a little bit of real talk please.
>>
>>11452882
>Christianity has been BTFO
citation needed. and I'm not larping thanks, that was an serious answer to your serious question.
>>
>>11452888
Nice trips
Nietzsche of course. Most specifically G of M.
However, even without N, I still came to a similair conclusion myself. I don't want to shake you of your faith, so I'll spare you the argument and wait for another anon to respond. Cheers tho
>>
>>11452919
I've just picked out Genealogy of Morals and will read it asap. I hope to get back to you with an informed answer some day. No worries about shaking my faith, guy, Neetch seems like a relativist brainlet. It's no surprise nihilist ideas are a forest for lost souls.
>>
File: 63543677.jpg (157 KB, 605x807)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
if nietzsche is the cure for schopenhauer, what is the cure for nietzsche?
>>
and I've read all the other guys you listed, except Evola. Nihilism is cured by reading the Greeks and actually participating in life vigorously.
>>
>>11452976
>No worries about shaking my faith, guy, Neetch seems like a relativist brainlet
inb4 existential crisis; might want to pick up some Kierkegaard in case shit gets too real
>>
File: 1527864529196.gif (1 MB, 184x141)
1 MB
1 MB GIF
>>11452976
>guy
Lol
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>11452984
Which Greeks in particular? I've obviously read Plato, and some of the tragedians. Is Aristotle relevant to my question?
>>11452986
For real
>>
>>11452986
already read Kierk's fear and trembling like five years ago m8. my existential crisis is behind me.

>>11453002
Aristotle's Ethics is relevant, you should have read him before Kneechee so you could spot the german's fallacies and bad assumptions. The Greeks I was referring to specifically are related to aesthetics first and theology second: the lyric poets (fragments), Pindar, Apollonius Rhodius, Homer, Pausanias, then Plotinus and Chaldean Oracles and New Testament. When you've read that, look up the via pulchritudinis:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/cultr/documents/rc_pc_cultr_doc_20060327_plenary-assembly_final-document_en.html
>>
also read Schiller's letters on aesthetics. he's grabbing in the right direction.
>>
>>11453060
I screencapped and will check out, but, desu I read the beginning of the Poetics and was extremely underwhelmed by Aristotle. Also, when people throw more than three names at me at once on this board it tends to cause me concern, because it seems like you are trying to overwhelm me with names, so I can't determine that you are actually a brainlet. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and read one: Which is most essential, or should come first?
>>
>>11453088
Poetics is good but typical of Aristotle. Abstracted from its application. To pick one: read his Ethics if you haven't. Then re-read the Nooch. (who I need to read more completely, and as I said I will in G of M, I've only read him from a Portable Nietzsche.)

Don't worry about most of the early part of that list. Skip it if you want. It's just stuff to get you in a mood. To understand these were people who were not nihilists. They lived vigorously and did not have the luxury of developing their existential crises in listlessness. The closest they had I think would be Diogenes, who could be argued to be a holy fool in search of perfect beauty, and the skeptics (esp. Sextus Empiricus). When you follow the Greeks to the NT and understand being for beauty is sufficient, nihilism is a question that has already been answered.
>>
File: 20180627_180348.jpg (1.72 MB, 2592x1944)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>11453155
Will do anon.
>being for beauty is sufficient
Nietzsche says something similar, the goal of a melody is not its end. I've been trying to focus on this, but when I'm in despair it doesn't help. Thanks
>>
>>11452980
Jung
>>
b u m p
>>
>>11452980
Read Hegel and discover that Nietzsche got stuck at Sense-Certainity
>>
>>11453412
sorry about the offtopic - can oneread man and his symbols without prior knowledge?
>>
>>11453775
Jung meant it as THE divulgative text for his system. That said, he did not solve Nietzsche at all, that anon was probably just parroting Memerson
>>
>>11452854
Nothing to do with our generation. Actually read ffs, nihilism is a major theme for Dostoevsky and others before him
>>
>>11453775
Yeah, it's fine. But really the last 3/5th of that book could be chopped off. You might enjoy memories dreams reflections more.
>>
>>11453715
hmmm yeah... based & red pilled.
>>
>>11453778
>>11453969
much obliged, will try to buy the book today

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.